Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have the biggest cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I still don't understand why she got mad about me asking her if she was a hooker in RL, too

What, is it bad to be a hooker in real life, but okay in a game?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

MrDutch posted:

Some goons came online, in total we were with 4, one left soon.

3 of us when to a whorehouse, but we didnt really plan anything so best we could do was me making GBS threads in a corner.
You should NWS those, please.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

coyo7e posted:

ooh, that's a good idea

my big cock is just all flopping everywhere

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Where are people getting the device that lets you poo poo on things?

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Yes they are shoes made of wood. Nothing weird about it, please stop taking my picture. I am NOT a tourist attraction!

blackguy32 posted:

My browser crashed when i switched to fullscreen, so i just said screw it.

Understandable, all started pretty lame, with no goal in mind and stuff like that, think me and seta salvaged the last part of it.

Just need a fun plan, messing with people is the funnest, annoying guns which spew sounds macro's are fun for the first 2 minutes but after that there just annoying.

Oh and griefing the freelance hookers is the easiest i think, its hard to find a house with a couple in it at certain times.

Oplem posted:

Where are people getting the device that lets you poo poo on things?

Some dude gave it to me, i think you can also buy them, unfortunately i can transfer the making GBS threads device, its tyed to my avatar. Sorry :-(

coyo7e posted:

Done!

MrDutch fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 10, 2008

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MrDutch posted:

Some goons came online, in total we were with 4, one left soon.

Maybe needs more goons and more planning.

This has to be the most boring attempt at griefing ever. Come on, at least try something involving comedy or humor.

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Yes they are shoes made of wood. Nothing weird about it, please stop taking my picture. I am NOT a tourist attraction!

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

This has to be the most boring attempt at griefing ever. Come on, at least try something involving comedy or humor.

Yeah they could use work, but this was really without any solid plan. Just messing around.

If given enough time i think we can come up with something really funny, well maybe not...

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

EDIT: RL PRANKS, NOT FUNNY.

chairface fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 11, 2008

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
We need more EVE stories. SL failures and RL online pranks is thread derailing.

I SAID LISTEN
Jan 10, 2007
I don't *do* up.
I think it's been established across SA that IP relay abuse is just a dick thing to do overall.

InternetHateMachine
Jul 3, 2008
Talking in a positive light about abuse of the IP-relay has gotten a TON of people banned.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think that "real life griefing" is called a "prank", and you should post that in "GBS".

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Silly chem commando, random dicks, poop, and hooker jokes are HILARIOUS and prime examples of tru blu grief

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
For some reason, tales of his avatar making GBS threads in a corner is loving hilarious to me.

It doesn't stand out really badly since you have some really odd people in the game.

I was thinking it would be fun to find a way to trap avatars. Basically, stopping them from flying or walking out is easy. But they can always teleport out. If there was a way to stop that, then we'd be on to something.

How can you stop someone from TPing?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Machismo posted:

How can you stop someone from TPing?

You can't. However, certain cagers have "tracking" built in, and as long as they are still deployed, they will re-lock on the person they were previously trapping if they come back into range.

Edit: Also, a lolchair/lolcouch is a fun form of passive griefing in SL; when you sit on it, it distorts the hell out of your avatar. There used to be only one way to fix it (by relogging) but there's a lesser known "avatar fixer" available that can actually undo it without relogging. It's still amusing to get people with, though.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

chairface posted:

Tales of griefing possibilities:

These also have absolutely nothing to do with games and are about the same level as "man, there was this one bitch and she was in a WHEELCHAIR! I know, what a loser! So we picked up her chair and carried her down the street HAHA TAKE THAT NO-LEGS YOU BEEN GRIEFED!!!"

The stories like people getting together in Second Life and having an impromptu hooker party in someone's house while the owner is hopping and screaming mad, those are great. And even though I think EVE is boring, most of the EVE stories in this thread are fuckin' great. Keep 'em coming!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chairface posted:

I'm not sure if this makes us horrible people, but then again, what the gently caress is a clearly unmedicated schizophrenic doing loose on the internet like that

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in awhile

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The best part about griefing is

"some guy on 1up posted:

No it isnt, you are about as fun as a radical islamic terrorist wiping his rear end w/ a goat.

Griefers are cowards. They hide behind the internet and spend their time making other people miserable. The only people who find that funny are other miserable douchebags.

If they did anything like that in real life, they'd be in jail getting rear end raped.

In short, all griefers deserve to get rear end raped.

And btw, griefers, its not funny at all to anyone w/ a brain. Its boring, old and already been done a billion times by 5 year olds

The best part of this thread is the douchebags who confess to griefing and claim how funny it is. Thanks for admitting you are anti social retards. Now we need to get you tattood on the foreheads to warn the general public

quote:

For true griefers, its not. Griefing is not funny, neither is being annoying and chatting a lot in any online game where you are attention whoring.

Attention whoring does not quite deserve death, but close. BTW if you think you are funny, go to an open mic night and do some stand up, that is the true test of whether or not you are actually funny.

Every asshat on XBL thinks they are hilarious, they are not, they are boring, doing the same tired "jokes" over and over again. For all you "hilarious griefers" try your hand at real humor some time.

And I wish you all die of cancer. As do most other non griefers. Think about it, griefing is specifically ruining other's time in a game by causing problems.

In society, griefers are the assclowns on cops getting arrested. You pussy rear end griefers online are just safe behind your online persona. If you had any balls you'd do the same thing in real life. And I guarantee you do not, as most griefers are confirmed cowards.

quote:

"having fun or chatting" is not griefing.

I've come to realize most people in this thread have no idea what true griefing is or have never experienced it.

Imagine a real world scenario. Lets say you are out to breakfast w/ your mom, you took her out for Mother's day. Now imagine some skinny 18 year old walks into the restaurant and starts spitting in your mom's food and shouting "JUMP FOR COCK JUMP FOR COCK".
In the real world you could fight that person or the cops would arrest them.

online you could submit a complaint and nothing would happen.

That is what true online griefing is. Someone intentionally causing problems for other players

Lets take it a step further, imagine you are playing WoW for lets say what is it now $18 a month? You spend 5 hours with your friends raiding a zone. Now imagine another guild runs in and trains your group ruining the last 5 hours of gameplay that required teamwork, prep etc...

If you are just some douchebag on XBL trying to make jokes and not being funny, I just feel pity on you. But you are not a true griefer.

True griefers cause actual grief, they steal items, crash servers, exploit bugs to ruin other's experience.

If you can defend someone who is intentionally pissing in other people's cheerios, you deserve to be rear end raped.

quote:

BTW everyone telling me to "calm down" please relax and get your panties out of a bunch. I am not even close to excited about this.

The people in this thread who are talking about harmless fun, are not griefing.

As I already mentioned, it sounds like most people dont know what griefing really is. Acting like a douchebag by trying to be funny is not griefing.

Griefing is intentionally ruining someone else's online experience by maliciously harming their play experience. Sometimes that costs people money, most of the time it costs people time and fun. Time and fun are what makes videogaming and specifically online gaming work.

You need time to game online, and you expect to have fun. If you pay for XBL or whatever and have 3 hours to go online on a saturday, someone glitching or team killing is griefing and ruining the fun for everyone. They absolutely deserve to be rear end raped.

Running around like a douche yelling crap in a bogus voice is not griefing.

quote:

Thank you, the most reasonable person in the thread confirms what the point is.

Here is another real world scenario.

Go to the local gym. People are playing basketball. Dump a bunch of golfballs on the floor and run around yelling PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU!
See how many times your nose gets broken.

Is that funny? no. Thats what people do in online games, they RUIN A GAME and waste time, basketball, even in "real life" is still just a game. Does that make it ok to waste 10 other people's time>?

Obviously not, and the social retards who grief probably can't even play real basketball.

quote:

This assclown knows what griefing is. Flashbanging your own team is mild griefing, but griefing nonetheless. UNLESS its your own clan and you guys are practicing or joking around.

Flashbanging your own team w/ people you really don;t know is indeed douchebag cowardly griefing, its not funny to anyone but you and other loser griefers.

Go assrape each other

quote:

As far as the flas bang griefing, yes its not the worst griefing in the world. So for you douchebag flashbangers, I withdraw my sentence of rear end rape, and change it to rear end sexual assault. I hereby sentence flashbang griefers to getting finger banged by convicted felons.

Seriously tho, if its so loving hilarious to flashbang your team mates, why don't you and your jerk off friends go join a jerk off clan and flashbang each other all night long. Chuckle it up and maybe have a team killing contest.

If you are flashbanging team mates that are NOT your friends, you are a sad lonely griefer, prepare the vasoline.

Oh wait, I forgot that griefers usually don't have friends and only think its funny when they bug strangers anonymously.

quote:

I absolutely agree w/ that. If people are ok w/ it and you are on good terms/ sort of friends its totally fine.

Flashbang grief falls into the category of rolling through a stop sign.

Team killing grief falls into drunk and disorderly conduct, 1 night in jail and a $500 bail bond

YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE ASSRAPED! YOU ARE DEPRIVING ME OF MY $15/MONTH VIDEO GAME ENTERTAINMENT, THAT IS TANTAMOUNT TO DRUNK AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT!

And that's all one guy.

edit: honestly, this kind of poo poo makes me want to play an MMO just so I can get in on it too

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 10, 2008

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

quote:

Go to the local gym. People are playing basketball. Dump a bunch of golfballs on the floor and run around yelling PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU!

This one does sound pretty funny. Bonus points if you dress up like a trainer.

Kcow
Jul 4, 2008
I need to find the nude guy body skin, anyone know where to get? Because standing unreasonably close to couples in their house with an just a chick with an huge afro just isn't cutting it. I am going to roam around for awhile if anyone wants to join me, i'm pretty bad though at the game so far, I just downloaded it the other day. My ingame name is Kcow Bing

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

pubbie tears posted:

Team killing grief falls into drunk and disorderly conduct, 1 night in jail and a $500 bail bond
You teamkilled another person? In an online game? You sick sonnuvabitch. :cop:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kcow posted:

I need to find the nude guy body skin, anyone know where to get? Because standing unreasonably close to couples in their house with an just a chick with an huge afro just isn't cutting it. I am going to roam around for awhile if anyone wants to join me, i'm pretty bad though at the game so far, I just downloaded it the other day. My ingame name is Kcow Bing

MrDutch oughta be able to hook you up with the nude dude skin and some dicks :v:

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

setafd posted:

MrDutch oughta be able to hook you up with the nude dude skin and some dicks :v:

Do a search for Free and Mature skin or Free nakes skins or Free skins

There are a lot of areas that are extremely cheap or free. I was farting around in a sex store that had everything at 5-10 $L. I could be a female manequin with a dick for 10 bucks! What a deal!

Claude Almighty
Jul 1, 2007
oh my.
If anybody wants to gently caress around for half an hour in second life, I'll be there. Search for Faboo Allen.

Tommy Calamari
Feb 25, 2006

You see, there are three things that spur the mollusk from the sand
I've finally learnt how to grief in Second Life. Best thing to do is look on the world map for two close dots and teleport in. This is always a couple 'making love'. Most of them will kick you straight away, after making a token effort to deal with you 'in character'. Regardless, walking straight into someones house, ignoring them, walking upstairs and falling asleep on their bed/taking a shower is hillarious whether they kick you or not.

I got one couple who evidentally didn't know how to kick people. I sat down at their piano and started playing "The Entertainer" over voice chat. They were not amused, so I asked if they preferred classical and switched to some Chopin.

With another couple, I came in with a female avatar and started asking the male 'who's this woman?' then accusing him of cheating. I don't think it worked, but I liked to think I sowed the seeds of doubt.

If the couple are outside, my favorite thing to do is stand behind trees as if I'm 'hiding'. If they come towards me, I move to a new tree. After doing this a few times, I simply say "You ain't seen nothing, roight?" and leave. Note that my avatar is fat and wearing a suit.

On one occasion, this was followed my a brief IM exchange:

random chick: who are you
me: an observer
random chick: oh ok

Incidentally, I'd love to get my hands on a Scream avatar.

I have an idea for two people: One goes in first and tools around. This has to be done with someone who won't or can't kick you. After some time the second person comes in saying wearing official looking clothes and says "Hi, we noticed that <person 1> is bothering you. Would you like us to remove him?". Hopefully they actually threatened to report you, which is a bonus, but it should still work if they don't. The second person then tells them that they just need to fill in some paperwork, and spends ages asking a long list of pointless questions.

"What were you doing when <person 1> showed up?"
"On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate the speed of the response?"

I'm actually Tommy Calamari in game, but I'll be away for a week.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

I used to play C&C Renegade a lot (the guy earlier blocking exits with a Humvee is not funny) and on one of the servers I regularly played on, there was a guy who apparently had set himself a goal to manage to flip one of every vehicle in the game. For most vehicles, this is rather easy on most maps as there'll be a good cliff or whatever, and if you go over at the right speed, you'll land on the roof. Any time we saw that guy on the server, he was flipping vehicles. Repeatedly. We just got used to him because, hell, it was mildly annoying but he wasn't really bothering anyone aside from periodically getting in the way. Why doesn't he just flip vehicles over in single-player mode? I will never know.

Anyway, this went on for literally months, as he ultimately got stuck trying to flip a Mammoth Tank. For those unfamiliar with C&C games, a Mammoth Tank goes about 2-3 miles per hour. It's slower than an infantryman's jog. It's also heavy as hell and turns like a brick. Even driving it off a cliff, there's just no real way to flip one; You can't get it going fast enough. My friends and I would continue playing Renegade while this guy continued to try to flip a mammoth tank, so it went.

After a while, we too became entranced with the problem, how to flip a mammoth tank? We'd start giving suggestions to the guy who would gamely try them, as he'd pretty well exhausted the obvious avenues. This spread like a disease throughout the playerbase of the server, until finally there is no Renegade game going on at all, for drat near a week, and instead GDI and NOD players are working together to try to flip a mammoth tank. Non-regulars would log onto the server and wind up leaving in sheer bafflement at the collection of GDI and NOD vehicles trying to work together in odd places on the map to get a mammoth tank onto its roof. We did ultimately manage, and life went back to normal. Also, the guy turned out to be one of the best players on the server, and had just somehow become obsessed with that quest.

Other Renegade hilarity opportunities:

Vehicles and special characters cost money in Renegade, and require that certain buildings in your base not be blown up. Basic characters (rifleman, engineer, etc) are free. A full reload on all ammo/gear is free at a friendly terminal. Engineers get 2 remote C4 packs that stick to things and can be detonated later. While perfectly valid strategies game-wise, most people regard these tactics as griefing on Renegade:

1. Suicide Bomber. You need an engineer, and a friend. Engineer puts his 2 remote C4 charges on his friend (they're sticky) and reloads at a terminal. Repeat ad nauseum until the friend is a walking stack of C4. Friend gets close to (hopefully a group of tanks) some enemies, and you detonate. The best part was that most servers didn't have friendly fire on, so this doesn't even hurt your friend.

2. Carbomb. Humvees and Nod Buggies (dune buggies with machineguns) are the vehicles of choice for this, though I've seen people use others in a pinch. Same deal as above, but you coat the front end of the vehicle in C4, ram an enemy vehicles, jump out and trigger the C4. Humvees and Buggies can take out Mammoth or flame tanks reliably with this.

3. Deathfield. Find a choke point into your base, cover it with remotes. When enemy tanks come, blow them up with a massive coordinated C4 detonation.

Not considered griefing but hilarious:

There's a unit in Renegade who is invisible, sorta. If you're close to him you can see the wavy-outline business, but he's mostly invisible. This is the best anti-sniper imaginable since you can sneak up on the bastards, put a timed C4 block on their back, recloak and sneak away. They blow up later and don't know why.

NOD has a tank that works the same way, wavy if you're close, invisible if you're not. Also wonderful for anti-sniper work because you can just run them right over.

People would logoff over this one if you could pull it off:

When people buy a vehicle, there's a time limit, during the time limit, only they can get into the vehicle, past that, anyone can. Plenty of jerks think it's hilarious to drive off in vehicles someone else on their team bought (it's not.) These guys are dumb assholes. The real joy here is stealing a vehicle from the other team. Get an APC, drive to the enemy base. When someone buys a vehicle, be sure you run over/kill with your machinegun anyone who tries to get near the vehicle. Timer runs out, steal vehicle. Wow would people get pissed off about that. Alternately, engineers have a "repair gun" and most people driving tanks play engineers so that if their tank is hurt, they can get out and repair it. If you're the invisible guy, or just plain clever, you can then steal their tank (be sure to run them over with it before leaving, for the added insult.)

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

chairface posted:

C&C Renegade a lot

There's actually a better way to take out snipers with the Stealth Trooper - the laser gun does pretty nasty damage on a headshot, and since he can't see you at a distance (or anyone else for that matter) plus he's generally stationary most of the time, you can very carefully line up a shot to the head and then let rip. As long as you get 2-3 hits to the head, he'll die. This has prompted several nasty responses from said snipers, unsuprisingly.

Also, it's bad tactics to get out of your tank to repair it - it's much better to ask an engineer to tag along with you and have him repair it so that no-one can yank the tank due to it being unoccupied. I actually managed to steal Mammoth Tanks from under the owner's noses before, causing considerable rage since those things were loving expensive. The best part is, if through luck or whatever you can steal six enemy vehicles and just keep them stored at the back of your base, the enemy can't build any more because they've used up the limit.

Also, this isn't a grief, but once everyone on the server was bored so both teams decided to all buy a beacon, meet up at one spot then plant them all at the same time. The noise from all the beeping was hilarious, like some kind of mobile phone store going haywire.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

sebmal posted:

Phew. I was inspired.

I would love to post a full history of my griefing, but I'll have to post them as I remember.

I think the first time I ever griefed was in classic Graal. Graal was an old MMO version of Zelda 3, in a sense. It was fairly popular around the... late 90s? Like many of these stories, my main griefing zone was the bank. A lot of people gathered there at the center of town. I would just hump people and the walls (just like in Zelda 3, grab and pull back repeatedly) and I would find ways to steal money. But my favorite was the horses. There were horses spread out all over the world and some were really fast and rare. So I'd wait for the person to get off, steal it, and run around screaming like an idiot. I used to do this for hours when I was like, 10 or something.

Gosh, it's hard to think of what major online game really came for me and my little brother next. The first that comes to mind is probably Diablo II. I sucked so much at the game that I couldn't possibly PK anyone, but I'll be damned if I didn't scam everyone I could. The funny thing is, is that nowadays I would never let myself do something like that again, even though standard fair teamkilling and aggravating is funny. Everything from claiming I could dupe, having my little brother play the "oh god it works!" guy as soon as people come in, etc. I remember in Act 2 you used to be able to pick items up through this one wall. I'd convince people part of the duping trick was that they had to be next to it and drop the item, followed by "don't worry I'll be all the way behind this wall in this building", then I'd snatch it up through it. Using a packet sender to drop 1 gold 1000 times also impressed people into giving your their SOJs. Then there was the "drop a bunch of useless, big items onto someones corpse as a level 1 rear end in a top hat in a PVP game so that when they grab their corpse they grab the item first and click again and the item that had been replaced pops out" trick, though I never got it to work for anything decent.

Starcraft and Warcraft III made for good times. Aside from destroying 3v3 pubbie games with stupid elaborate bullshit, there were the custom games too. All those "defend the ___" games where I would just kill the objective when we were doing good. Tower Defense games where I would shoot out my teammate's towers just as the waves were coming. I fondly remember making GBS threads up those LOTR WC3 games, where you're defending that one castle thing. Just kill the poo poo out of the other heroes. Good times.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein had some great moments. Spawn camping was just too easy. That beach map was legendary but if my teammate's were assholes they were gonna taste my flamethrower.

Enemy Territory might be my favorite team-based FPS ever. I was very good at it and it was one of those games you could think your way through. I realize one form of legit griefing was simply to win the match really early, usually by sneaking through some back door somewhere when a nazi was stupid enough to open it. Even my own teammates would get pissed at me for finishing the match so quickly and wasting their efforts. There was that one snowy map where you had to escort the tank, you could blow out the sewer grate and run all the way up until you were almost at the very end. One of the Nazis would always seem to wander back and open the 2 doors for me for no reason while I snuck behind them, and I'd finish the match 25 minutes early. I'd also have my little brother join up as a Nazi and let me through. I honestly don't remember the Allies ever getting to that objective the normal way, but 90% of the games I'd be able to at least sneak into that building when the tank was getting close and wait for someone to open that top door. I remember the desert map where you had to destroy two anti-tank guns or something. Most people would just rush them and get dominated, which might work in your favor after doing it for half an hour, but if you could keep an eye out for the mines and really go out of your way to get in back, and then wait for a distraction or for a chance to sneak in, you could take them out easily all by yourself. Same map, instead of stealing the first flag and blowing up the wall, I would destroy the water pump and sneak around back before they would even be expecting us there. Then I could take one out, but if I got REALLY lucky they wouldn't get the wall broken and the Nazis would take the flag back. So I would take out BOTH guns while the Nazis weren't even spawning close enough to get to them at all. I think ET might be my favorite team-based FPS simply because that option is available for elaborate back-doors to everything, and thats the kind of gameplay that appeals to me, especially when dealing with real people. Even though this stuff pissed everyone off, it was totally legit.

Counter Strike in all its versions has had plenty of griefing by me. Flashing teammates, killing teammates, etc. Camping out when I knew my team was lovely and would all die, and run the game timer out. A while back in CS:S if you got good at compiling the VTFs (Valve Texture Files or something) you could place the bomb glow sprite in a custom spray. I took a screencap of a bomb from the top, gave it a bit of bump and light mapping, and stuck that glow right in the middle, so I could make a spray that looked just like a bomb. One of the cool things about the bomb glow sprite is that it could be seen through physics objects (so you couldn't plant the bomb and then kick a bunch of barrels over it) and you could defuse through them too. So I would play T and make the spray in an obvious corner and cover it with a barrel. Then I'd actually plant the bomb somewhere in the back. The CTs would come and if they got to my spray they would try to defuse the glow sprite through the barrel, and wonder why it wouldn't work while the real bomb blew up.

More to come later...

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

Also, this isn't a grief, but once everyone on the server was bored so both teams decided to all buy a beacon, meet up at one spot then plant them all at the same time. The noise from all the beeping was hilarious, like some kind of mobile phone store going haywire.

I've seen that crash servers before, and crash clients when it doesn't.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

chairface posted:

(the guy earlier blocking exits with a Humvee is not funny)

Plenty of jerks think it's hilarious to drive off in vehicles someone else on their team bought (it's not.)

Griefing is generally done to piss people off.

Helping your team is NOT griefing.

Pissing off your team is griefing.

Go make a thread:

I Healed British - The Being A Team Player and Showing Good Sportsmanship Discussion Thread.

tv iv is nerds
Feb 26, 2006

by angerbot
Using an aim hack to get a high school: not funny

Using an aim hack to piss off the enemy team and maybe your own: entirely funny

Aim hacks, speed hacks, and others are only the main enticers for grabbing the hatred of 13 year old nerds playing counterstrike and must be backed by other annoying tactics like voice spams, mic abuse, and gross sprays to really grind their gears. I used to have a good couple of collages of pure hatred from counter-strike alone.

Cheating is just one thing, I've made scripts for half life that add a 3 second delay to firing, lagging movement, reload randomly killing you as well as other random bindings.

Back when myg0t used to actually be feared on servers (for good reason, see about going into any server with the myg0t tag without instantly being banned) me and my friends formed our own subgroup with a few members of theirs. Being banned wasn't that bad as we had multiple cd keys (stolen by questionable aimhacks people foolishly installed) and could return to wreak havoc. There were scripts that allowed you to crash any server, ones that would let you respawn after being killed or immediatly during the buy time as well as switching sides.

Another fun one for TFC was being able to play as a spectator, a script let you join the "spectator" team or as red or blue. You'd spawn and could take flags and get kills, but this is childsplay. What was fun was chosing to be a medic and ghosting through everywhere and infecting people. You were still mortal so if you did manage to die you could "cycle" through the players which would have your dead corpse attached to them. This had an interesting side affect of turning any door that they touched into a death trap, especially any door that has parts that meet in the middle like the door in the 2fort spawn. If a player ran over this with you attached the door would freak out and start opening and closing essentially eating the player to death. As well as ghosting you could lock these doors just by clipping into them, preventing anyone from playing at all.

In zombie panic you used to be able to suicide all the zombie lives away, kill yourself while holding down a button (or just having +attack in the console) and since there were no more lives no one else would spawn but the next round wouldn't start and it'd run the map til the end of the timer. Players would run around confused looking for the last zombie.

Door blocking is hilarious in any game, especially if you get a good group of people together..

In tribes 2 concussion grenades would fling flying vehicles in any random direction , you could sit in a APC and chuck a grenade at your feet and have everyone freak out, and it didn't found for friendly fire! Best moment was blowing a fully loaded apc with a concussion grenade into the flight path of the flying plane ( whatever it is) and having both explode killing everyone.

In the first tribes there used to be a map that had a teleporter that would take you to the top of this giant ramp, you'd jump down and gain enough speed to land on the other side of the map. I'd put jump pads at the base of it which would launch people off the map at the speed they were going.

I'd also take servers hostage threatining to crash them if they didn't meet my demands and ended up doing it anyways

In CNC renegade you could get people in the APC helicopter and then just hover high in the air, the only way to get out was to jump which ment they'd die once they hit the ground. I've also managed to sink a harvester into the ground somehow which kept it stuck in place.

In Soldat there was a hack that turned any gun into a stream, so you could carpet bomb with the grenade launcher, become invincible or invisible, fly and stay in place, ect. You used to also be able to kick or ban people who were hosting from their own game, however when you did this the server was still being run until they quit the program or started hosting again.

I also used to scam people in ragnarok online very easily, only to resell people their own equipment with the vending skill if didn't keep it for myself.

Kcow
Jul 4, 2008
In SL I found out if they lock you out of a house you can just right click on a chair and click "Sit down" and it teleports you into the house. This has problebly been posted but I was so entertained when a guy kicked me out of his house when I was naked walking around scaring his guests while he was giving a tour only to find me sitting on his bed on the second floor.

PeenCommander
Jun 24, 2008

Kcow posted:

In SL I found out if they lock you out of a house you can just right click on a chair and click "Sit down" and it teleports you into the house. This has problebly been posted but I was so entertained when a guy kicked me out of his house when I was naked walking around scaring his guests while he was giving a tour only to find me sitting on his bed on the second floor.

this actually had me laughing hahaaha
a sick but hilarious mental image formed

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

tv iv is nerds posted:

:words:

You're a humongous human being. Cheating or using external programs is not funny. Griefing is about using the game mechanics already in the game.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 11, 2008

MightyZaar
Jan 28, 2004
Now with 33% more rage and vengeance!
I find myself using teammates in Halo 3 as suicide bombers on occasion. Especially on Standoff, a map with a large rocky exterior area and tight cramped underground bases. On gametypes like assault where you have to plant a bomb in a certain room, you'll frequently have 4-5 players rushing a very small room with as many enemies inside. If you covertly land a sticky grenade to the back of the leg of the first teammate to run inside to certain death, you get credit for anyone it takes out and 95% of the time it gives cedit to the enemy for their death because usually they're dead by the time it goes off and in that game it gives you the benefit of the doubt and awards it to them rather than giving you a betrayal if they did damage but you got the killing blow on a teammate.

My record was 5 kills with a single shot when someone ran headlong into the room where they had parked a warthog (3-man vehicle.)

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Battlefield Vietnam was my favorite game for griefing ever. Easily.
  • Hovering a helicopter filled with teammates just high enough to hurt or kill them when they jump, but not high enough to let them parachute.
  • Crashing helicopter filled with teammates into stuff.
  • Taking advantage of team killing rules like driving cars into players or planes into friendly tanks, but jumping out just before impact so it wouldn't count against you. Took a lot of skill with planes because you'd have to jump out from high enough to parachute and not die, or else it would be obvious who did it. But from that far it was really hard because the plane would sink and veer off oddly, but I got good at it.
  • I once crashed a plane into a helicopter full of friendlies in the air. I wasn't even trying to TK that round, but I saw the opportunity and was like "ok, this has to happen." So I jerked the nose up real quick, bailed and watched as the plane kinda went up, lingered for a moment, and came down on the heli. It was so satisfying.
  • Driving a car in front of people as they take off in jets. If friendly vehicles collide, the person going the fastest is considered the killer. It's unavoidable even if FF is off. So you drive in front of them while playing Credence Clearwater Revival and visibly headbanging (in cars your head and upper body would move with your look, so you could look up and down really hard and fast and literally headbang.) Then they'd catch on and start looking out for you, so you'd hide behind buildings and take them out at the last second when they though they had made it. Then they look for you there, but you're parked someone else and take them out again. Sometimes you let them veer out of the way just enough that they almost make it, but speed up at the last second. After 2 or 3 times they get kicked or banned from the server. Good times.
  • At the start of the game, when everyone piles into a helicopter, literally jump into the helicopter so that you're not actually seated, but standing freely. Prime a grenade as it takes off and hold on as long as you can until it gets high up. Throw the grenade down in the helicopter, bail out, parachute, and watch the magic. The funniest is when you're watching the helicopter, and you just barely begin to hear an explosion when you're kicked from the game for TKing 6 people. It's a neat effect.

Garrys Mod is also phenomenal, there are so many ways to trick people and make them think you're not the one griefing. A lot of servers will disable explosive items but leave out the gas can. So I spawn one, turn it invisible, and clone+weld a massive bomb with them. If you really want to go the extra mile, build an invisible car or something to house them so people don't see you walking around holding onto nothing with the gravity gun and get suspicious. More on Garrys Mod later though.

tv iv is nerds
Feb 26, 2006

by angerbot

drunken officeparty posted:

You're a humongous human being. Cheating or using external programs is not funny. Griefing is about using the game mechanics already in the game.

What about using scripts to gently caress with people, does that count under your holy "anything ingame is ok" rules?

Really a lot of you who are bitching about it were the people screeching and crying in voicecom in any of these games who didn't just think to "hey how about I find another server out of billions"

PeenCommander
Jun 24, 2008

tv iv is nerds posted:

What about using scripts to gently caress with people, does that count under your holy "anything ingame is ok" rules?

Really a lot of you who are bitching about it were the people screeching and crying in voicecom in any of these games who didn't just think to "hey how about I find another server out of billions"

not really no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The only time abusing cheating scripts has been funny was in the MUD stories where goons would abuse OTHER PEOPLE'S scripts by typing "Your body begins to feel numb" a whole bunch to waste their items.

edit: and ruining high level troll characters by making them run into the sun, that was awesome

But running around being like "woo I'm cheating I'm so cool look at these people get mad at me cheating!" isn't funny, or creative. You're laughing, but I think you're dull. Not GET OUT OF MY GAME HORRIBLE, but dull. It's boring.

edit2: although the getting doors to eat people part is kind of funny

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 11, 2008

• Locked thread