Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Kcow posted:

In SL I found out if they lock you out of a house you can just right click on a chair and click "Sit down" and it teleports you into the house. This has problebly been posted but I was so entertained when a guy kicked me out of his house when I was naked walking around scaring his guests while he was giving a tour only to find me sitting on his bed on the second floor.
This really cracked me up for being so simple. I just get an image of this happening in IRL, some naked freakazoid keeps sneaking into the house through windows, while a realtor is trying to show people around during an Open House. :laugh:

androo posted:

:psyduck:
That poo poo had me rolling, ducks vs hitler! I gotta try this game it looks too funny. The :911: was probably the best. :)

tv iv is nerds posted:

:words:
Aside from the aimbotting, most of that was pretty good. But theft? You really shouldn't be dumb enough to admit to stealing people's CD keys in any way shape or form.

You're not gonna get arrested for it, but jesus, have some class. No good thief ever admits to stealing. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tv iv is nerds
Feb 26, 2006

by angerbot

Spiffo posted:

The only time abusing cheating scripts has been funny was in the MUD stories where goons would abuse OTHER PEOPLE'S scripts by typing "Your body begins to feel numb" a whole bunch to waste their items.

edit: and ruining high level troll characters by making them run into the sun, that was awesome

But running around being like "woo I'm cheating I'm so cool look at these people get mad at me cheating!" isn't funny, or creative. You're laughing, but I think you're dull. Not GET OUT OF MY GAME HORRIBLE, but dull. It's boring.

edit2: although the getting doors to eat people part is kind of funny

So ruining someone's hard work (not really) in an MMO is better than headshotting somneone who instantly respawns?

I didn't cheat just to cheat, I cheated to piss people off and have them yell creative insults at me.

coyo7e posted:

Aside from the aimbotting, most of that was pretty good. But theft? You really shouldn't be dumb enough to admit to stealing people's CD keys in any way shape or form.

You're not gonna get arrested for it, but jesus, have some class. No good thief ever admits to stealing. :downs:

Oh no I never stole but it sure happened to a lot of people who downloaded aimhacks, I actually had two copies of the game I switched between, anyways the point is there isn't some magical private aimhack thats undetected, and its really dumb to actually pay for one that says it is.

tv iv is nerds fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 11, 2008

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

tv iv is nerds posted:

So ruining someone's hard work (not really) in an MMO is better than headshotting somneone who instantly respawns?

I didn't cheat just to cheat, I cheated to piss people off and have them yell creative insults at me.

Hey hey, say what you will about aimbotting, but those MMO stories were hilarious and mostly unique, often preying on people stupidity, working within what the game defines as Legal, or both!

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
The invisible ghost medic infecting people with ghost doors and poo poo sounds funny as hell.

I started griefing purely by chance earlier in TF2. I was playing pyro when everyone on the server decided to go melee only. I had gotten all three milestones so I had the axetinguisher, which (if you're not familiar) does basically no damage against people who AREN'T on fire (but lots if they are). But, I had a terrible idea.

Pyros also have this compressed air blast as an alt fire of the flamethrower, that is primarily for bouncing incoming missiles and nades but can also be used to bounce people. It's not really that effective, but sometimes can be used to separate a group by bouncing someone off a bridge or separating a medic from the person he's ubering. However, since this was melee only and I didn't want to switch back to the regular axe, I just decided to start bouncing people.

No one argued that it wasn't melee only, since it only works at basically melee range. However, that didn't stop them from getting pissed after being bounced off a cap point 8 times in a row. After continually bouncing people, I actually got kind of good at it, so that I could bounce someone near a wall into the wall, then get beneath them and bounce them in the air over and over again, juggling them if you will.

After I started juggling everyone I came across, people started getting pissed, and taking their guns out and trying to kill me. Of course, I'm running all over the place trying to stay directly beneath them so as to bounce them, so they are hitting me sporadically at best. After I run out of bounce ammo, I just book it, and without fail they chase after me, until I get more ammo and do it again.

I eventually joined a different game that wasn't melee only and did the same tactic, which pissed people off so bad that I was not only so good at bouncing them, but that they could never seem to catch me after I ran out of ammo. Not only that, but even though I had like 0 score I was doing an amazing service to the team, since whenever anyone saw me they'd run back to their spawn or just try to kill me (often unsuccessfully). Eventually I'd get everyone on their team chasing me around, and my team would just score over and over again until we'd win. Heavies were especially easy to do this to, but snipers were easily the most pissed about it, since they'd never be able to do significant damage once I ran out of ammo and ran away. The best part was the rest of my team not only didn't mind, they actually covered me, often with a sniper getting a headshot when I finally ran out of ammo and let the guy land.

Nothing like a very confused girl saying "why do I keep jumping?!" on mic or a very angry neckbeard yelling "STOP BLOWING ME!!!!!!!!!"

I know it's not 'griefing' because I'm still helping the team, but it's good enough for me. Also, my bro (also goon) and I are seriously considering loading up SL to see if we can't cause some damage.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

androo posted:

Hahahaha, these are all great.

Crash Bandicoot
Feb 23, 2007

by T. Fine

tv iv is nerds posted:

Really a lot of you who are bitching about it were the people screeching and crying in voicecom in any of these games who didn't just think to "hey how about I find another server out of billions"

Quit with the "anyone who dislikes any griefing whatsoever should QQ more" bullshit. Plenty of people have posted plenty of hilarious griefing stories and yet still dislike teamkilling and ventrilo spamming. The fact that you're being an rear end in a top hat doesn't make anyone who looks down on you a victim or a prude.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Mathemagician posted:

Pyros also have this compressed air blast as an alt fire of the flamethrower, that is primarily for bouncing incoming missiles and nades but can also be used to bounce people. It's not really that effective...

The rest of your story contradicts your last quoted claim. :I

The compression blast is best used for juggling people, and it's extremely effective. It can help you capture points, escape other players, and it totally ruins ubers. The shot reflection is just an awesome bonus--and trust me, though it seems impossible at first, you can learn to reflect a high percentage of the stuff thrown at you.

You admit it isn't griefing, and it technically isn't, but because the tactic is novel and mostly unknown, using the air blast to juggle ubered players will make some pubbies cry tears of rage.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Mathemagician posted:

I know it's not 'griefing' because I'm still helping the team, but it's good enough for me. Also, my bro (also goon) and I are seriously considering loading up SL to see if we can't cause some damage.
This is loving awesome, and it makes me wish I had a copy of TOB.

And imho, just because some people think you're doing something good (for them specifically, such as was the case in this instance,) doesn't mean you aren't griefing someone else.. You don't have to piss off everyone in the game to grief, just whoever you select, and sometimes, using or spreading griefing tactics to pubbies can be pretty cool! ;)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If cheating isn't funny how come Team ROOMBA's TF2 exploits are so hilarious huh :colbert:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

rss feeder posted:

Go make a thread:

I Healed British - The Being A Team Player and Showing Good Sportsmanship Discussion Thread.
That sounds like a fun time :)

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ledneh posted:

If cheating isn't funny how come Team ROOMBA's TF2 exploits are so hilarious huh :colbert:

Team ROOMBA never cheated in their videos, they merely exploited engine bugs.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

m2pt5 posted:

Team ROOMBA never cheated in their videos, they merely exploited engine bugs.

Sounds suspiciously like cheating to me

tv iv is nerds
Feb 26, 2006

by angerbot

Ledneh posted:

I don't care what they do as long as someone's crying and cursing by the end of it, then it's funny.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ledneh posted:

If it can be done entirely within the engine of the game without having admin access to the server or using external programs, it's not cheating. :colbert:

The engineers under the floor was an exploit that Valve fixed by sticking an extra rock in the corner where the "hole" was.

Crix_Maydine
Feb 11, 2007
Obviam Eversor.

tv iv is nerds posted:

I don't care what they do as long as someone's crying and cursing by the end of it, then it's funny.

Exactly and that's what greifing is all about. Especially if people on your own team are asking "Hey, how did you get down there?" while the opposite team makes idle threats then attempts the same thing when the round changes.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Gravel Pit bug was actually considered a bannable exploit on most servers and before it was fixed the map essentially disappeared from rotations. I find most of Roomba's TF2 stuff funny, but not that. Keep in mind most of them are old KFS admins who would routinely gently caress with people on their own server using admin powers.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

rss feeder posted:

Griefing is generally done to piss people off.

Helping your team is NOT griefing.

Pissing off your team is griefing.

Are the tears of the enemy team not twice as delicious? There are plenty of greifey things you can do that help your team in many games, but still make the enemy team very angry. Spawn camping in TF2 for example.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
drat, now im wondering if it's possible to have two pyros, and then sit playing tennis with an enemy player, constantly knocking them through the air back and forth making them unable to do anything. Probably best done to snipers who wouldn't be able to fight back very well at that range. If you really wanted some dedication, get engineers to whip up some dispensers so the airblast ammo never runs out, and then sit knocking the sniper back and forth until time runs out or they ragequit. That'd take some setting up though.

Also knock it off with the drama and arguments for god's sake. The only drama that should be in this thread is pubbie dramas we've caused. :colbert:

axman666
Jun 7, 2006
In battlefield vietnam i used to deploy a mortar launcher inside the big helicopters that the american team had. This would cause the helicopter to just fly totally out of loving control when people tried to fly away in it, like it was tied to the ground or something. It would just go up a bit, then all of the sudden it would just BAM and fly straight into the nearest loving thing. The ground, the wall, a tree it did not matter, it usually ended up upside down.

The best part was that you could blame the pilot, because it really looked like the pilot just decided to flip the drat copter and smash it into the floor upside down.

axman666 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 11, 2008

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
In Counter Strike: Source, on the map de_Inferno, you can trap people in the room with artifacts and stuff by putting one person at the front door and another at the back. They all run into the front person and they can't get out the back. Just sit there for 5 minutes and get a drink.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
One of the earlier MMO Roulette games was called Drift City (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/mmo-roulette/driftcity.php?page=1). It was an MMO racing game and it was really drat boring. You had to level up just like any other game. You did this by completing races, chasing down rogue computer cars and completing laps of the city.

All we really did was cruise around smashing stuff until somebody found out about a quest. It was part of the main quest line, so you needed to complete to carry on with the game. The objective was to drive a tanker truck along a curving stretch of road without crashing. Once you hit the side of the road 5 times you reverted back to your normal car and you had to start again. From then on we would just sit by the road, waiting for a tanker to come along. As soon as it did we would race out and ram it into the side of the road until the driver failed the mission. Seeing as a new tanker came along once ever 5 minutes there was a never dull moment as we prevented everybody who was up to that point from carrying on in the game.

There are some clips of the griefing in the video on the third page of the review.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 11, 2008

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini
Using external programs to piss people off in games or just to dick around for a while when you're bored is cool.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Everyone please stop ruining this golden thread. The occasional lame story won't poo poo it up as much as all of you whining is :(

Me, my little brother, my older brother, and one of my little brother's friends made a game in Garrys Mod (9 I think.. before it was :10bux:) started a server in gm_construct and built a huge death trap over the spawn area. Disabled noclip and god mode, etc.

Over the spawn point we made two giant doors along sliders that would just slam constantly, and fenced the area off. So when it started players would get immediately crushed between them. It's amazing how long people will stick around and call us fags until they can escape, just to be blown up by our minefield :)

dolvlo
Apr 13, 2007

by Ozma

Sardonik posted:

Are the tears of the enemy team not twice as delicious? There are plenty of greifey things you can do that help your team in many games, but still make the enemy team very angry. Spawn camping in TF2 for example.

Spawn camping in TF2 is not griefing in any of its definitions. It's the best loving way to win when half your team is retarded on goldrush.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So far my record is 15 teleports and one admin brought in before kick

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 11, 2008

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

androo posted:

This is great because I just tried it and the results were terrible. I should have screenshotted it but I got someone to say "oh loving hell, not another duck retard."

It was just a picture of duck-goatse. :(

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

androo posted:

GMod spawn point death

Reminds me of when I entered a GMod server only to get my rear end instantly lasered, and then lasered again and again and again... Turns out one of the admins/mods had basically put an instakill laser on the spawn to make sure noone but him could use the server, because "I don't want any of you bitches ruining my stuff".

I can't remember what he was building, but why he couldn't just go and play single player, password the server, or something else if that was his intent was beyond me. A bunch of players were futiley giving him a load of poo poo about it, I just watched the commotion for a minute or two then went looking for a new server.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
I was playing a round of TF2 today and both teams were using the 'porter trick to irritate the gently caress out of the snipers. I decided to sit by the exit and spam taunts after the snipers were sent down. Goddamn, I need to get in on this.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Where are youuys getting these peeing and pooping animations in second life?

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
On the topic of using blatant cheats as griefing measures, I have only one thing to say: there are bastards and there are magnificent bastards.

androo posted:

Graal.
Good lord, Graal. I played this so much at one point that I became a staff member on Dino Valley. It came with all kinds of fun toys like complete invisibility and boots that allow the player to walk through obstacles and move at insane speeds. I had far too much fun with some of the help requests from players. While I was a regular Helpy Helperson, some people were rude or ignorant. Those are the ones I spoke broken English to. This eventually ended up with me "accidentally" moving them to very dangerous or inaccessible places as a solution to completely unrelated problems.

:v: tnx u for praying dino verry!
:argh: WTF I NEW U WERE JAP WER IS GM!!!?!

There was also very little keeping me from poking the most annoying players for half a heart at a time while invisible. All of this may be plain asshattery and not so much griefing. A magnificent bastard I am not.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Poopy McTurds posted:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5455275718237476919&q=team+monstrous&ei=QUFmSNXxDJGIrQKm0rDjBA

Team moNstrous video for Counter-Strike. It's still one of the funniest griefing videos I've ever seen.

Quoting this from earlier. Anyone can piss off someone else, but creativity is much more interesting to read. Cheating doesn't matter, its about how you use it. Aimbotting is most definitely griefing, it just makes a lame story, but getting attacked by a swarm of forklifts is hilarious.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I did the TF2 sniper teleporting thing. Was pretty funny, but nobody really responded and I only got like 10 teleports.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I did the TF2 sniper teleporting thing. Was pretty funny, but nobody really responded and I only got like 10 teleports.

Nobody responded? I waltzed right in then got kicked back out in less than ten minutes!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
:ocelot:

Crime on a Dime fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 1, 2010

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

So I saw somebody post here earlier about trying to find two dots on the map and teleporting to them to mess with them and god did I hit the jackpot.

Essentially there was a guy and a girl in a house laying naked together talking over voice chat. At first they didn't notice me so I decided to listen in before I actually made myself known. After about 5 minutes of them talking about hair textures I busted through the front door and started throwing pokeballs at them like crazy. Unfortunately that doesn't really work when they are on one of those pose spheres I found out. Well naturally these people told me to get out right after my pokeball onslaught but alas I didn't know how to use a door.
They decided to open the door to me but being the SL noob I am instead of going outside I accidentally sat on the door. Well after this I was rather embarrassed at how much of a noob I was so I began clicking really fast but all that did was close and open the door repeatedly. They then began to laugh at me over voice chat and it got me mighty angry so I decided to put on my cock and start ejaculating onto her. Well the girl didn't like this so she got off the bed put her clothes on and said she would be right back. She didn't know that this was my plan all along however!
Once she was gone the first thing I did was pop onto the bed with her man but he got out in a hurry. I guess my sexy body was too much for him! Once she had arrived back at her home it was time for me to exact my revenge! I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my pokeball at her as fast as I could. Three little jiggles later and success I had captured my very own pokemon!
At first they were rather amused and her man was laughing about the entire thing for a little bit. This mood changed about 30 minutes however when they realized I wasn't going to be releasing this pokemon. No I had bigger plans for this pokemon, I was going to catch myself a charmander!
It turned out this pokemon had been in the wild for far too long though and wasn't really cooperating with my training. I decided to give it up and just chill on the couch while she sat in her pokeball and thought about how much of a bad pokemon she was!

A little while later some lady in a wheelchair appeared who I was assuming was the master of the realm. I felt really bad for her however so I tried to make he a wheelchair ramp so that she could get inside and outside of the house a little bit easier. This turned out to be a complete disaster however as I had moved the entire frame of the house instead!! Well naturally the residents really didn't like this so they got another one of the masters of the realm to come help out.
Well naturally me being a pokemon trainer and all I couldn't pass up the change to capture a rare pokemon so I threw my pokeball and had caught myself another pokemon. This rare pokemon however was too much of a match for a simple trainer like myself and had broken free of her pokeball ejecting me from the land never to come back!
The rare pokemon then fled feeling as though it had done its work but it was far from over. There was but another pokemon on the horizon. That's right folks the man from earlier on in the story had come back thinking the issue had been resolved but a true pokemon trainer never quits! I threw my pokeball steady and true and had caught myself another pokemon! This pokemon was a very angry pokemon however and quickly explained how he used to beat up kids like me in high school. I did however remind him that this aggression could be helpful in our hunt for a charamander. This pokemon didn't want to cooperate either though and just sat their pouting and attempting to tell me off the entire time.

Well I knew my journey was coming to an end soon because they were all telling Professor Oak how I was mistreating my powers as a pokemon trainer. They even told me what I was doing was a felony which got me quite worried! A few seconds later I had been logged out and my journey came to a close.

A couple of screenshots:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Click here for the full 1280x974 image.

EDIT:
Also if anybody is curious it took them over an hour to actually get rid of me.

Ralconn fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 11, 2008

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

drunken officeparty posted:

You're a humongous human being. Cheating or using external programs is not funny. Griefing is about using the game mechanics already in the game.
It IS griefing, it's just in no way entertaining griefing, or entertaining griefing to hear stories about. Using a cheat or aimbot is the opposite of skill or creativity, and the really entertaining griefing stories are all about skill and creativity.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Ralconn posted:

Pokemon words

This is actually hilarious, next time make sure to get a video!

Rudiger
May 2, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Man people in SL really don't like a naked man with a large penis doing the monkey in front of them.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I really got to hand it to the guy who introduced the teleporter annoyance on 2fort in TF2.

I've been doing this for a couple of days now and it is incredibly satisfying to finally get back at those lame rear end snipers in a meaningful way.

Kick/banned from about 3 servers now, probably 30 or so teleports to my credit.

Magnifico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Stoat posted:

This is actually hilarious, next time make sure to get a video!

My computer wont record sound with fraps since I don't have a good soundcard otherwise I would be all over that.

• Locked thread