Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mornacale posted:

Where is "Wexford Wargaming" from? If it was Western PA, then heh. Also this video is hilarious.

Yes it is. About 15 minutes north of Pittsburgh.

Ouroboros posted:

Pokemon's kill was loving epic.

I think that was one of the first rounds we won in the entire tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Girdox posted:

Still it's not really greifing, you just exploited
edit: now if you pretending to be the almighty talking wall and make them take off their clothes or you'd bring down your unholy wallness, that'd be greifing

That's pretty much greifing, dude.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
This is a fantastic thread. :laugh:

I decided to fire up Gmod last night after not having played for months and months. I was overjoyed to see dynamite as part of the default set of items - I don't recall it being there before. And imagine my joy when I realized it could be triggered over, and over... I've found that people don't like it when you weld a trough to the back of a buggy, fill it with max power dynamite, drive up to them, and mash the dynamite trigger key until the server crawwwwwls and the bodies go flying.

For a solid half hour.

I was kicked, banned, and called a "Mingebag" and it made me happy, deep down inside. :unsmith:

I also found that enclosing a small space [I used couches], filling it with max dynamite then topping it with watermelons is hilarious too, in that the server kind of choked trying to render all those watermelon gibs. There'd be this pause, then the explosions, then you'd see watermelon pieces floating in the air, then they'd all go flying, it took like 4-5 seconds each time. Yeah... that got be banned too after a while [and after one of the admins started removing my dynamite and I triggered it as he was floating over it]

I was trying to dick with CS:S, but all I could do was team flashing, since I couldn't find any FF disabled servers to "accidentally" swiss-cheese my teammates in. I did find that people would get PISSED if I bought the M249 and just ran around spraying it everywhere. "STOP SPRAYING" *dead* "I TOLD U TO STOP SPRAYING, LRN2 READ". I wasn't too sure why they were so mad, it isn't like it was a very tactics-oriented group, but damned if I didn't keep doing it until I got bored and quit. Blocking worked wonders though, and whenever people would call me on it I'd just type in all caps in broken english about how THIS IS USA and I HAVE FREEDOM TO MOVE OR TO NOT, etc. But people found it funny. :(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Maybe I'm missing something about gmod, but isn't it mostly an engine for constructing cool stuff, rather than a 'game' per se?

It seems like kind of poor form to mess with people in that, I don't know.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Strudel Man posted:

Maybe I'm missing something about gmod, but isn't it mostly an engine for constructing cool stuff, rather than a 'game' per se?

Ehh, I would've been messing with TF2 but I haven't bought it yet. And come on, dynamite buggy... plus, the other guys on the server were being absolute dicks too, and I honestly wasn't going to grief the first server until I was seriously trying to build something and some guy just randomly started killing me, and the dickbutt mod kept ripping it apart [it was a totally innocent hoverpad thing]

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

Ehh, I would've been messing with TF2 but I haven't bought it yet. And come on, dynamite buggy... plus, the other guys on the server were being absolute dicks too, and I honestly wasn't going to grief the first server until I was seriously trying to build something and some guy just randomly started killing me, and the dickbutt mod kept ripping it apart [it was a totally innocent hoverpad thing]
Ah, well, I guess they were being jerks first, then.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, it's (normally) a construction sandbox, though lots of servers are oriented towards building war machines and slugging it out. So you build giant robots to gently caress with people. If they don't want to be hosed with, they can build in single player mode.

I think the best GMod griefing is things the griefees do to themselves. Make a thing with the big red "Dont not push" button, label it "seriously, don't.", and have the button blow them up/swap their view to a camera inside the buttoned apparatus and also activate thrusters to make it fly out of reach.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never messed with GMod because there's only a few servers that ever have people in them, but I might make some stuff. Are there any decent tutorial somewhere?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

People take their constructions and roleplaying in that game very seriously. I once built an Optimus Prime out of shipping containers and thrusters, then boosted around the map knocking over people's wooden fortresses and ships. Great fun.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

People take their constructions and roleplaying in that game very seriously. I once built an Optimus Prime out of shipping containers and thrusters, then boosted around the map knocking over people's wooden fortresses and ships. Great fun.
People roleplay in garry's mod? Seriously?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Ohhhh hell yes. There's actually an extremely lovely machinima movie about roleplayers and griefers, called War of the Servers.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah. I accidentally stumbled into a server where pretty much everything was locked out, and I had to "buy" stuff and... I couldn't really make any sense of it, except people were still doing general gmod dickery except they had to jump through hoops to unlock stuff first.

Thank god dynamite and thrusters were available, though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

Ohhhh hell yes. There's actually an extremely lovely machinima movie about roleplayers and griefers, called War of the Servers.
This is an hour and forty minutes long.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Necc0 posted:

Yes it is. About 15 minutes north of Pittsburgh.
hah. I live 20 minutes away.

On-topic, I've had an idea for a Second Life gag. Would anyone be interested in getting together at some point, finding some crazy sex club or whatever, and saying a full Catholic Mass there?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mornacale posted:

hah. I live 20 minutes away.

On-topic, I've had an idea for a Second Life gag. Would anyone be interested in getting together at some point, finding some crazy sex club or whatever, and saying a full Catholic Mass there?

Oh god I wish I had the free time to participate in this, that sounds like it could be incredible

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Code Jockey posted:

Oh god I wish I had the free time to participate in this, that sounds like it could be incredible

Yeah it would take hours. And that isn't where you find catholic ministers anyway.

You find them at the playground :rimshot:

===

Jesus could make an appearance, invoking the rapture (AKA, transporting everyone a couple thousand feet up)

Nybble fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 18, 2008

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Mornacale posted:

Oh god. I so want in this if you do it. I need to pervert every memory of going to mass as a kid in the most sick and twisted way possible.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
The idea of doing communion in some OONTS OONTS OONTS sex club is making me laugh uncontrollably.

How hard would it be to transport a full set of furniture in - pews, altar, a fuckoff huge painting of the virgin mary - without getting interrupted? You can just have it in your inventory then WHAM put it out, right?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Code Jockey posted:

How hard would it be to transport a full set of furniture in - pews, altar, a fuckoff huge painting of the virgin mary - without getting interrupted? You can just have it in your inventory then WHAM put it out, right?

Depends if the land owner allows people to rez items in or not. We should scout for a location that does.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kammat posted:

Depends if the land owner allows people to rez items in or not. We should scout for a location that does.

That would be awesome.

I wonder how hard giant walls of hellfire would be to make, and to attach to the walls of the club during the mass...

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Code Jockey posted:

The idea of doing communion in some OONTS OONTS OONTS sex club is making me laugh uncontrollably.

Assuming the area has public building permission turned on, yes. You can even pre-arrange the whole setup and pick it up as a group, and later drop it the same way.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Machine posted:

I'm watching some of it while data from a server downloads, it's got some decent action scenes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

m2pt5 posted:

Assuming the area has public building permission turned on, yes. You can even pre-arrange the whole setup and pick it up as a group, and later drop it the same way.

So you could scout out a location [under the guise of one of those terrible, hell-bound sodomites], get an idea of how big the area is, then come back later and drop a pre-built church into it all at once?

... that's magnificent. I'm half tempted to take a sick day from work just to watch / record this going down, this has a lot of potential.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
If you guys manage to get some of the clubbers to actually come up and recieve communion that will be excellent.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Necc0 posted:

If you guys manage to get some of the clubbers to actually come up and recieve communion that will be excellent.
Or perform 'exorcisms' on them.

deathmike
May 10, 2005

Did you know that cigarette lighters were invented before matches?
I was amongst the second wave of goons who went into second life following the second life safari articles appearing on the front page. I'm not sure if this counts as griefing, but its pretty funny nonetheless

the second life sting

A lot of my time was spent like most goons hanging around Baku (the goon sim at that time) either waiting for something to happen or trying to think of something to make happen. A new goon appeared in Baku and said he wanted to prove himself to us and told us to go Furpleasure to watch him in action. Furpleasure was a hilarious place to go in disguise. It was a furry sim that was dominated by the furry club of the same name. It was usually full of furry's having cringe-worthy conversations and dancing to awful dance music. It was fun just hanging around there just listening to them babble about their right wing politics and furescution complexes so we all trundled over to that sim to see what the goon newbie had in mind.

What he had in mind was turning himself into an invisible cube and sat on the roof of the club and spamming the dancefloor with pictures of Mario Characters. This wasn't that original or funny as goon griefing went so the 2 or 3 goons who had accompanied me slipped away. I stayed around to watch the furrys absolutely freak out at the invasion of Shyguys and Koopa's into their club. After a while I told the newbie goon to knock it off and offered to give him a tour around the grid. He stopped and I showed him around Second Life. The furpleasure people were extremely furious that they had been humiliated in this way and through a bit of detective work found that a lot of people who were in the club when it occurred also liked hanging around Baku.

I was then contacted by one DJ Walcott who was the bouncer on the door when the event occurred. He claimed that the newbie goon crashed Furpleasure (a lie as we later found) and threatened to crash Baku unless I did some "freelance work" for him. I denied all knowledge as I wasn't in a position to take advantage of this idiot, but it soon became clear he was prepared to pay me money to grief furpleasure's main rival furry sim Luskwood. I told him I would meet him with some "superiors" to discuss this. We decided to record what he said and give the story to the Second Life Media

I chose a furry punk sim for the meet because it was always deserted, it had the right atmosphere for the meet, and if you stood in a certain spot in a clothing store in the adjacent sim you could every everything that was said in one of the buildings. My idea was to have a neutral observer stand in the clothing store and hear everything that was said in the punk Squat. Unfortunately none of the SL news outlets wanted to handle the story or were able to until it after it broke. So me and 3 other goons met up with DJ to see if he could incriminate himself

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/second-life-safari/anshes-revenge-stinging.php?page=2

quote:

Deathmike Germparrot: DJ at furpleasure everybody
Deathmike Germparrot: now if i get this right DJ is in interested in contracting W Hat to grief places
Dj Walcott: thats right
Deathmike Germparrot: mr funkerton will take over negotations
Dj Walcott: Ok
Funkerton Freelunch: Correct.
Dj Walcott: so whats the deal?
Sara Hebert: What is it you're looking for?
Dj Walcott: prices
Sara Hebert: For... what?
Dj Walcott: all i am looking for at the current time re prices
Forrar Fanwood: what places do you want to have griefed specifically. prices would vary based on that
Dj Walcott: No deal
Sara Hebert: It's kind of hard to really set a price for something with so few details.
Dj Walcott: you tell me basic prices first then we negotiate when and where after the money is delivered
Sara Hebert: Let's just start over from the beginning.
Sara Hebert: What would we need to do?
Dj Walcott: some Greefing
Dj Walcott: if you are TRULY members of W-hat
Dj Walcott: then you know the deal the hams have with Furpleasure
Funkerton Freelunch: True members?
Sara Hebert: Don't mention the W-Hat inner circle, Funk!
Sara Hebert: OHSH
Dj Walcott: How much for the tools to do this
Forrar Fanwood: yeah. just to get this solid though, you are offering 2000 linden dollars in exchange for griefy particle rezzers, and possibly recursive physics scripts
Dj Walcott: define recrsice physics scripts
Forrar Fanwood: scripts which would create physical objects in a recursive of nested fashion
Dj Walcott: what is the likelyhood of one of those crashing a sim?
Forrar Fanwood: 100%
Forrar Fanwood: I recall several instances where objecs like that released on the mainland caused entire grid outages
Forrar Fanwood: The question is are you interrested in this or not
Dj Walcott: i am
Deathmike Germparrot: and is you doing this as a indvidual or on behalf of FP
Sara Hebert: We need to know who to contact, and if you're offline and we can talk to others, that would help a lot.
Forrar Fanwood: working for an organization is different from working for an individual
Dj Walcott: me
Forrar Fanwood: as that the morals behind it, however lacking, change
Dj Walcott: thats all you need to know[
Forrar Fanwood: have you ever seen munich?
Dj Walcott: was a poo poo movie
Forrar Fanwood: munich was a utilitarian essay on ethics, and I would appreciate if you would stop talking poorly about it. reguardless there are some things we need to know up front
Dj Walcott: Hollywood is nothing more then Leftwing democratic scum
Dj Walcott: now i am also willing to come to work for you in order to buy protection for Furpleasure
Deathmike Germparrot: expand on this point further dear DJ
Sara Hebert: What did they do to warrant this attempt at griefing, anyways? Just for some background.
Dj Walcott: money
Dj Walcott: they took form me a total sum of 15000L
Sara Hebert: Feted Inner Core. Elitist jerks.
Dj Walcott: If the lindens only knew who REALLY made the world go around
Deathmike Germparrot: and who does make SL go round?
Forrar Fanwood: AT&T/MA BELL make the world go round now days
Dj Walcott: no the REAL wold my little froddy fellow
Sara Hebert: The media?
Deathmike Germparrot: the jews?
Dj Walcott: Older than the media
Deathmike Germparrot: masons?
Dj Walcott: Bingdo
Deathmike Germparrot: so your a freemason
Dj Walcott: Ahh yes i am
Dj Walcott: as well as a Knight Templar

Sara Hebert: So were these folks who angered you freemasons, or something?
Dj Walcott: Could be Sara
Sara Hebert: I don't really want to mess with any masons, online or off..
Dj Walcott: then you know it isnt wise to cross us
Forrar Fanwood: anyway, enough of this conspiracy skulduggery and stuff. just tell us when, where, and what
Sara Hebert: Actually, I think we need to know something else first.
Dj Walcott: that is
Sara Hebert: How can we be sure you're not going to hit something we don't want you to hit?
Deathmike Germparrot: like Baku
Dj Walcott: You tll me what you dont want hit
Dj Walcott: Baku is safe
Deathmike Germparrot: also leave Prokofy Neva alone. we have a "deal" with the SLS over her
Sara Hebert: If this is over 15,000, this is worth a lot more to you than 2000, no?
Deathmike Germparrot: 1000 up front
Deathmike Germparrot: 1200 later
Dj Walcott: No deal
Dj Walcott: see ya
Funkerton Freelunch: Wait
Funkerton Freelunch: One last thing
Funkerton Freelunch: DJ
Funkerton Freelunch: Please listen to my last point.
Dj Walcott: being
Forrar Fanwood: SMILE YOUR ON CANDID CHATLOG!
Sara Hebert: We've been working on this case for YEARS.
Sara Hebert: FINALLY
Deathmike Germparrot: OH NOES THE MASONS WILL PROTECT HIM
Sara Hebert: They might build a house at us.
Dj Walcott: just talk
Sara Hebert: Thomas Jefferson is dead, sir.
Sara Hebert: Who can save you now?
Funkerton Freelunch: We did this for Uncle Sam.

A few minutes after DJ teleported away a rather friendly reporter from the Second life insider got back to me about my tip off. We gave him the chatlog and went back to Baku to have a celebratory party.

His story is here http://podcasts.secondlifeinsider.com/2007/01/05/when-is-a-griefer-not-a-griefer/

the best part is this

quote:

However, when I confronted this resident with the transcript given to me of the meeting, he claimed he had been away visiting a sick relative. He maintains that his account was used by his roommate to perpetrate this meeting

That's right, DJ was visiting his sick granny or something and his roommate who conveniently had the password was behind it all. Understandably, this caused a whole lot of furry drama. DJ was a senior member of the furpleasure organization, a position that he invested literally over 12 months to in his quest to rise through the ranks and a whole lot of real life money on fancy furry skins and accessories. He was immediately banned from Furpleasure and eventually from just about every Furry sim in Second Life. We don't know for sure whether he was acting on orders from higher ups or on his own, but being he didn't come up with any dirt on the furpleasure higher ups when he was kicked out, I'm guessing its the latter.The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he could attacked Luskwood without us if he had a modicum of intelligence or creativity.

deathmike fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 18, 2008

Indecline
Sep 5, 2003

eat my butt into smithereens
I played Everquest on Tallon Zek from just after release to right before Luclin. Tallon Zek was a PvP server, not as inherently griefable as Rallos Zek, where there was item loot, but we made it work. The most you could loot off the bodies of dead players was their money. When I think about griefing, one particular incident comes to mind.

It was just after the release of the first expansion, Kunark, and a bunch of new zones were introduced. The most hardcore of which was Veeshan's Peak, a zone that at the time was declared, "The hardest zone that would ever be put into Everquest." It was packed full of dragons, and as it required a guild full of well geared, keyed people, no one had set foot in it yet.

Now, the GM's for Everquest were usually very well mannered people, who were forced to roleplay when they interact with players. It can't have been an easy job, managing a server full of whiners and noobs. I can't imagine having to deal with the daily corpsecamping, ninjalooting and plethora of other inconsequential poo poo that was their job.

There was a certain GM, whose name I can no longer recall, who was becoming less and less satisfied with his job of policing pixels for minimum wage. He would no longer reply to petitions in character, and there were reports of him doing some pretty un-GM-like things. Nobody remembers the specific event that sent him AWOL, but everyone remembers the consequences.

Some low-level character in a channel asks, "Where the hell is Veeshan's Peak and why am I here?" The channel starts filling up with more people wondering what is going on, and why they've been abducted from noob zones and teleported to Veeshan's Peak. In a matter of minutes, Veeshan's Peak is packed full of low level characters.

In EQ the zone-ins were usually a safe place to buff or set up for raids, this wasn't true in Veeshan's Peak. There were big wyrms that pathed back and forth to and from the zone-in. So, a huge loving wyrm strolls by and slaughters every noob in sight. They're all bound in player cities, so no big deal right? Wrong. The GM bound them at the entrance to the zone, so when they died, they all just spawned on top of their corpses, and were immediately slaughtered again in an endless loop of death. Also, this wasn't World of Warcraft where you just have to repair your gear when you die. When you're killed you lose a significant chunk of experience. You can even lose levels. Those not smart enough to just log off lost multiple levels, some even being de-leveled back to level 1.

Other GMs eventually caught on and the AWOL GM was taken offline, and presumably fired. Traumatized noobs were eventually given their levels back. I tried to find some screenshots of the ordeal but to no avail.

Soulpudding, I loved your Rallos stories-- hook up some more if you have any. Also, I'm surprised there haven't been any Sullon Zek stories. The griefing stories were unmatched on a server where the GMs just said "gently caress it" and abandoned it completely.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My favorite thing to do in gmod is mess about with prop cannons. They show up as a small, metallic cone that launches whatever prop you assign at whatever velocity you want from the small end. The props are physics-enabled, of course, so if you hit someone with it, they usually die. You can even have it make an explosion when you shoot it.

You can merely spawn one and run around holding it with the phys gun launching pumpkins or toilets or chandeliers at people, or get more creative. You can make multiple prop launchers all assigned to the same button inundating a map with shipping containers, knocking everyone out, collapsing creations, and crashing servers.

Edit: There's also creative ways to punish people. I was on the goon server when I first started and tried to stick a chandelier onto someone's laser-pirate ship. It's against the rules to mess with someone's poo poo without permission, so another player who had some kind of access ragdolled me so I couldn't move or do anything, welded a sign on my back that read "I'M GAY" and dropped me down a well. :(

mutata fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 18, 2008

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mutata posted:

My favorite thing to do in gmod is mess about with prop cannons. They show up as a small, metallic cone that launches whatever prop you assign at whatever velocity you want from the small end. The props are physics-enabled, of course, so if you hit someone with it, they usually die. You can even have it make an explosion when you shoot it.

You can merely spawn one and run around holding it with the phys gun launching pumpkins or toilets or chandeliers at people, or get more creative. You can make multiple prop launchers all assigned to the same button inundating a map with shipping containers, knocking everyone out, collapsing creations, and crashing servers.

Oh my god, I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Bolting a half dozen of these on my suicide bomber buggy firing exploding watermelons at everyone.

[just as an aside, I only really dick with gmod servers featuring jerkwad admins, I definitely don't get 'creative' unless people are being dicks]

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

mutata posted:

My favorite thing to do in gmod is mess about with prop cannons.

I find GCombat more fun - you can spawn an unwelded cannon, stick a wire numpad activator on the back, wire them together, then you can carry that around with the physgun and blast things. Here's the fun part - GCombat weapons can destroy props as well as players.

Edit: I don't often dick around on GMod; only when everyone on the server is doing it as well, or people are just being assholes in general.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

m2pt5 posted:

Edit: I don't often dick around on GMod; only when everyone on the server is doing it as well, or people are just being assholes in general.

Yeah, I was pretty much minding my own business, building my platform, and some guys, and one of the admins, began dicking with it and blowing me to pieces, so I was all "oh gently caress this", hid in the garage-type thing in... that one map that comes packed in with gmod, and built my deathcar. I blew up one of the guys who had been going after me, and when I respawned the admin picked me up and froze me in air, shot me a few times, then I saw the admin pick up and toss my car around, and rip off the trough with the dynamite.

Oh hell no he didn't just wreck my car :mad: You can shoot me, you can freeze me, but I will be damned if I allow such a disgrace to go unpunished

*weldweldweld-screeee-vrooooom-BANG*

E2M6
Jul 17, 2007

by Peatpot
Gmod owns. In the spacebuild gamemode, the idea is to explore space and other planets. You have to spawn generators and tanks and stuff to fuel life support to keep you alive in the vast expanse of space. However, generators can break if they have insufficient energy or get shot at a lot.

There's one item called the Fusion Generator. It sucks up a shitton of coolant and produces two shittons of energy, but it breaks pretty quickly. The catch is that if you have a lot of energy stored up, it explodes in a most spectacular fashion.

Spectacular like a loving nuke

m2pt5 posted:

If you happen upon a server that uses GCX (GCombat eXtended), the third mode of the tri-mode howitzer is exactly the same as an exploding fusion generator, but you can fire it about every 20 seconds from a distance.
:aaaaa: call axim right now :aaaaa:

E2M6 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 18, 2008

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Feathers posted:

Spectacular like a loving nuke

If you happen upon a server that uses GCX (GCombat eXtended), the third mode of the tri-mode howitzer is exactly the same as an exploding fusion generator, but you can fire it about every 20 seconds from a distance.

Edit: Also, it's not admin-only like a real nuke.

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.
And that is exactly why Axim will probably never add it. My favorite thing to do for gmod is to spawn a couple of wire-based sentry turrets on a server with prop protection. Adding a gcombat energy sword also helps in case the pubbies try to block it off with a dumpster or something. It's especially effective on maps that have singular spawn areas (gm_construct and flatspace).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mornacale posted:

Would anyone be interested in getting together at some point, finding some crazy sex club or whatever, and saying a full Catholic Mass there?

If you do it, be sure to take pictures. What I'd really like to see is an Animal House-styled Death Mobile crashing an in-game event.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

LLCoolJD posted:

If you do it, be sure to take pictures. What I'd really like to see is an Animal House-styled Death Mobile crashing an in-game event.

Are we making the sermon short or what? Slightly limited to people that are/were Catholic too.

I think going there and setting up a confession booth would work better.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

ThatOneGuy posted:

I think going there and setting up a confession booth would work better.

If only it were possible to sit on other people's attachments, then you could wear a confession booth and not have to worry about rezzing it.

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

ThatOneGuy posted:

Are we making the sermon short or what? Slightly limited to people that are/were Catholic too.

A lot of Protestant churches have liturgy that is similar to the Catholic stuff. I can fake my way through a Catholic mass pretty well.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

m2pt5 posted:

If only it were possible to sit on other people's attachments, then you could wear a confession booth and not have to worry about rezzing it.

Not possible to wear a box that can encompass others as well? If they're really sorry for their sins, they won't mind standing.

If you can wear a box, might want a few to be the confessional booths and have separate priests/bishops/cardinals/popes. Should be able to lure at least a few suckers sinners in.

clamiam: all you need to do is make it about an hour long and boring. Boom: instant Catholic mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuworm
Dec 28, 2007
I don't regret this title.
In Natural Selection the marines had a (not very effective) technique called relocating, where the commander would not build their base in the usual place where everyone starts out, but in a completely different part of the map, typically near a hive or a large concentration of resources. Usually you would have to commit to this early for it to be even slightly beneficial and would destroy anything that was built in the spawn area for extra resources.

Well my favorite thing to do would be to start off the game normally and trying to actually be a good commander until the game has been running for about half an hour and then I would yell into the mic "Ok, we're relocating to marine spawn!" I would then destroy every building I had built except for the command chair and then start rebuilding everything.

Another variation I did would be starting off the game by relocating normally to another position of the map and when the game has went on for awhile again I would destroy everything and relocate us BACK to marine spawn. Both ALWAYS got very good reactions.

• Locked thread