Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp

deathmike posted:

I was amongst the second wave of goons who went into second life following the second life safari articles appearing on the front page. I'm not sure if this counts as griefing, but its pretty funny nonetheless

the second life sting

A lot of my time was spent like most goons hanging around Baku (the goon sim at that time) either waiting for something to happen or trying to think of something to make happen. A new goon appeared in Baku and said he wanted to prove himself to us and told us to go Furpleasure to watch him in action. Furpleasure was a hilarious place to go in disguise. It was a furry sim that was dominated by the furry club of the same name. It was usually full of furry's having cringe-worthy conversations and dancing to awful dance music. It was fun just hanging around there just listening to them babble about their right wing politics and furescution complexes so we all trundled over to that sim to see what the goon newbie had in mind.
Just to clear up a couple things...!
I was the new (well, new-ish) goon, though I'd like to point out that, actually, I had simply brought up the idea of going there and doing something crazy (I didn't have anything in mind). I was also not the only one involved in the particle-ing and such; I think I did about half of it. I wasn't trying to prove myself, either, though I have to say that I like how it turned out!
On that note, I'm not sure if DJ would have talked to you guys about getting stuff from W-hat anyway, but I think that he had talked to me about it first, if only briefly.

Toastline fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

CaptainStag posted:

words about Tarbash and ruger plinking
Dude, I think I remember you from when my friend and I griefed a server. Was it a server running that map Fiskcity? Me and my buddy did the ruger plinking, and since loving death notices were turned off (dumbest idea ever for a RP server), we set up shop on a really tall building and threw a knife at all of the Red Army people. They had no idea. That server was the best.

Furril
Apr 26, 2003

by Ozmaugh
Pick a day and time for a catholic mass and Im there, just please do it after midnight CST or mon/tues night...

or I cant go :(

I'm working on a contribution to the thread... involving the Soul Mirror in that greatmother questline in wow. making elite mobs pop out of seemingly nowhere. Using my hunter and misdirection to lure pubbies on the promise of free gold. If they kill the elite 68 mob solo they get 30g. Meanwhile Im giving comments like: "Ohh, warlock is a tough match up for a void elemental" "He gets the fear off! Will this decide the match?!" "OHh, get away from the dot! It's a killer!"

I just need to learn to use windows movie maker.to turn these Fraps videos into youtube material.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I am sad. It will be hard for me to help with Mass if I can't get SL to not crash my computer. It likes to start having a bunch of weird extra planes and spikes and graphics garbage show up, and then lock me up tight. (I'm on Linux, if that matters.)

Also, for those of you interested in Mass but not knowing how it goes, I was thinking that those of us who figure out how the Liturgy is going to go would write it up so that everyone knows what to do.

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007

Mornacale posted:

I am sad. It will be hard for me to help with Mass if I can't get SL to not crash my computer. It likes to start having a bunch of weird extra planes and spikes and graphics garbage show up, and then lock me up tight. (I'm on Linux, if that matters.)

Also, for those of you interested in Mass but not knowing how it goes, I was thinking that those of us who figure out how the Liturgy is going to go would write it up so that everyone knows what to do.
Either something's wrong with your graphics card or its drivers, or your computer's overheating. Try opening it up and blowing all the dust out of it, it can help a lot sometimes.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I don't think this is really griefing but drat it had to have been annoying for the other team.

Me and my buddy were playing Gears of War online in Annex, and I really like using the chainsaw, even if it does get me killed alot, so we start playing the game and I start chainsawing people. Eventually my friend joins in and he starts doing it too. The rest of our team member catch on and start chainsawing until eventually all of our team's kills are chainsaw kills. I ended up with 21 chainsaw kills that match.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Does anyone know how to add velocity to prop spawners in gmod?

I made a watermelon distribution cannon, but I'd like it to, you know, throw them out / railgun them out instead of just sort of having them roll out of the barrel.

And I'm guessing there's no easy way to make props explosive, short of attaching dynamite to them, right? No way to spawn dozens of explosive watermelons at a single keystroke? :(

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Code Jockey posted:

Does anyone know how to add velocity to prop spawners in gmod?

I made a watermelon distribution cannon, but I'd like it to, you know, throw them out / railgun them out instead of just sort of having them roll out of the barrel.

And I'm guessing there's no easy way to make props explosive, short of attaching dynamite to them, right? No way to spawn dozens of explosive watermelons at a single keystroke? :(

Use wiremod to add a pusher to your cannon.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Drox posted:

Be aware, a pusher cannot push through a prop spawner.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

m2pt5 posted:

Be aware, a pusher cannot push through a prop spawner.

It doesn't have to. As long as you're using the actual prop spawner tool and not the prop cannon, the new prop will "fall" out of place into the pusher's beam.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Hmmm... so something like this?

code:

.             [ o ] <- watermelon spawner
            __[ | ] <- tube________
           |    V                  \
 Pusher -> |x--------------------------> o                      O  <-- Unsuspecting
           |_______________________/                           /|\      pubbie
                                                               / \

Watermelon drops, hits path of pusher, pusher fires watermelon out of cannon.

Ohhhh this ought to be fun. I wish I could crank the speed / spawn rate of the spawner up, but I think I'll just create two or three of these linked to the same key.

No one will mess with my suicide cart again. :mad:

Ryan The Indian
Sep 24, 2007
Made it in to SL as Commissioner Sorbet. totally ready to ruin any and everything, once i figure out how.

Muddy_Funster
Jan 11, 2007
New Zealand made Polish sausage
I wish to get into second life to make other people's life a misery. Is there any good webpage/thread/forum/irc channel i can learn about second life?

OHGAWD what am i doing . . .

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Muddy_Funster posted:

I wish to get into second life to make other people's life a misery. Is there any good webpage/thread/forum/irc channel i can learn about second life?

OHGAWD what am i doing . . .

While Second Life is rife for griefing people, you really can't do that much. Most people won't care, or they will kick you at the first sign of being a douchebag

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I want to join in on spider invasion in SL. My nick is ARACHNOTRON Quan (drat the necessarily stupid last name).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Drox posted:

I remember there being a velocity field for the spawner.

ANd no, you can't add explosives to a spawner unless, I guess, you set it to spawn explosive barrels, but I'm not sure if that would even work.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

pokie posted:

I want to join in on spider invasion in SL. My nick is ARACHNOTRON Quan (drat the necessarily stupid last name).
Go to what, look for the giant spider sign with a huge arrow under it.

mutata posted:

ANd no, you can't add explosives to a spawner unless, I guess, you set it to spawn explosive barrels, but I'm not sure if that would even work.
Spawning explosive props with the prop spawner does indeed work. (Barrels or propane tanks from Episode 2.) However, you should add a turret to the same control as the spawner to set the barrel on fire so it explodes properly.

Internet Asshole
Jul 22, 2008

by Ozma
Asheron's Call.

This was my first MMO and why I ever got addicted to this horrible game I still can't understand. I got my two best friends into it and we'd spend hours together every day leveling up our guys and talking on the phone like a couple of faggots (I don't even think there was teamspeak back then). In that period of time, it was all we did, all we talked about. Why couldn't I have been a heroin addict instead? I'm sure I'd have gotten laid more atleast.

Well, one of my friends somehow got himself a hole to stick his dick into, and started to lag behind us in levels. So he gave me the password to his account so I could keep him caught up. Then he had a falling out with our other friend, and said friend wanted revenge. He wanted me to give him the password so he could delete all his stuff. I wasn't going to do that, but why I did what I was eventually to do, I still don't know why. I wasn't mad at my friend in anyway. But a plan had hatched in my brain and the thought of it was too brilliant, too assholeish not to do. So I did it.

I'll have to explain the game a little for you to understand the trap of frustration I laid before my best friend. In Asheron's call you could save your character at Lifestones found on the map and in certain dungeons. If you die, you appear at this lifestone without some of your items and a penalty that made you weaker. There was this one dungeon that had a lifestone and a little town deep inside it. It also had dozens of one of the worse mobs (at that time) guarding the exit. These little fairy things called Zephers that could easily be swatted if well equipped, but could also one hit you pretty easily with a high level spell. The place was also boring and had nothing of value, so no one ever went into it but noobs, who would die from the Zephers and say "gently caress this place", never to return. So there was no one to bail out my friend after I had attuned him to this lifestone and stripped him of all his armor, weapons, spell components, healing potions, med kits, and his entire inventory for that matter.

I got a call saying I was an rear end in a top hat and he had spent 3 hours trying to escape from that place, and had such a high penalty he felt like a level 1. He said I was a dumbshit Joker wannabe and in the end he was Batman because he figured a way out. There was this rat that spawned in the little town that he kept punching to death over the course of another two hours desperately collecting the money he needed to buy the spell components so he could Portal Recall out of there (you could cast this spell on any portal in the game, and then warp to that portal). He said he changed his password and would never trust me with it again. I guessed it on the second try.

It was Rosebud. Why did I even try that password? The motherfucker hadn't even seen Citizen's Kane. He later told me he got it from an Animaniacs or Tiny Toons cartoon where they parodied that movie.

There's another dugeon in Asheron's Call that you enter via a portal (okay, you enter all dungeons in AC via a portal because the game is poo poo, and the designers couldn't be bothered to make entrances more complicated than a swirly blue funnel sprite) and upon entering you fall down a chasm, loosing half your hitpoints upon landing, into a pit full of Othloi (purple starship trooper bugs) who tear you too poo poo if you aren't prepared, or if you haven't any weapons or armor or an inventory.

When he first logged on he thought there had been a server wipe and that his character's position and status had been reverted back to yesterday. Then he spent a couple of hours punching the rat only to fall to his death upon casting his recall spell. And of course, he was back at that lifestone, trapped by the scary fairys. He didn't talk to me for a week and after we patched things up I went to bail him out. The dungeon was littered with his corpses. There were easily 200+ (I'm guess there were 3 times that amount that were deleted by the server). I took screenshots and they became my desktop image for a long time. I wish I still had those jpegs. I'd make them into a birthday card.

edit:

I forgot about Planetside. I think I was the first (only?) person to get auto-suspended from that game. When you teamkill you get grief points, get too many and you get weaponslock. You can't fire your weapons or drive vehicles over 5 mph. You couldn't even bail out of aircraft, however afterburners still worked. I'd get into a Galaxy or Dropship, use up my afterburners smashing into players, damage my ship clipping the corners of the buldings in Sanctuary (safe zone for your team) then explode the thing on the steps as people ran by. Also, just lowering the ship onto someone sometimes worked as they repeatedly collided inside the vehicle's hitbox. I don't remember the exact figure, it was sometime ago and my pictures on the planetside forums are all red X's, but I believe it was something like 10-20 times the amount of grief points needed for weaponslock to get kicked from the game for a week. It took hours of dedicated griefing, and it was the most fun I had in that game, excluding beta and the first couple of weeks of retail. They really poo poo all over that game.

Oh, and I had a character named VolcanoToursLtd. I'd park in a base with a Galaxy (troop transport) ship, load on up, fly over the Volcano (don't remember the map) and dump everyone into the hot lava. Half a dozen teamkills per tour, no grief. Someone else had a character named SwimmingLessons and would dump people far out into the oceans.

More recently I've been griefing in GTA Race on Stars in your Eyes by driving a bus back and forth in the center of the track, using it like a pong paddle, catching all the race cars hood first into the side of my bus.

Internet Asshole fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 22, 2008

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Internet rear end in a top hat posted:

Asheron's Call.
Planetside. I think I was the first (only?) person to get auto-suspended from that game. When you teamkill you get grief points, get too many and you get weaponslock.

I think I hold the record in grief. It was around a few thousand, and I also got suspended for a few days.

Grief worked in a manner in which the more you accumulated, the more points every incident would garner you. Once you passed a certain threshold, you'd get weapons lock. However, the weapons lock was time based (say ten minutes) however grief would count down much slower. So you'd get locked, wait for the timer to count down, and then you would still have enough grief points that even getting one more point would put you into lock. However, because you already had a huge amount of it, once shot would add 40 to 50 grief points instead of just a couple of points like it would when you were at no grief.

I used this metric trick to rack up an insane amount of grief. I would wait until I saw a clan loading an air transport, and then I'd run at get the Radiator. It was a grenade launcher that made a radiation field when the grenade exploded. It was basically worthless because it did so little damage and you had to stand in the field for around thirty seconds to lose even a small amount of life. However, in Planetside, when you shot it at a vehicle, the radiation field would damage people in side the vehicle. The best part was that the grenades would stick, and explode a few seconds later, so you could get four or five shots off before any damage was actually done. I would find a group with three or four galaxies and then fire a bunch of radiator shots at them. I'd damage thirty or fourty friends at once and for several seconds. No one would move because they were stuck in the transport and losing five health wasn't a big deal.

But I'd get hundreds and hundreds of grief. It was glorious.

Internet Asshole
Jul 22, 2008

by Ozma
Did you get auto-suspended though? As in a window pops up saying you can't play for a week, then are automatically booted to the server selection screen? I didn't let the weaponslock timer count down. I kept adding grief with weaponslock. It's been too long since I played PS so I don't remember how much grief it took to get weapons lock, but I remember it being ridiculously higher getting the auto-suspend. I still had weaponslock when I logged on one week later.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Internet rear end in a top hat posted:

Did you get auto-suspended though? As in a window pops up saying you can't play for a week, then are automatically booted to the server selection screen? I didn't let the weaponslock timer count down. I kept adding grief with weaponslock. It's been too long since I played PS so I don't remember how much grief it took to get weapons lock, but I remember it being ridiculously higher getting the auto-suspend. I still had weaponslock when I logged on one week later.

Yes I did. I couldn't play for nearly two weeks. One week of suspension and then another week because my grief was so high.

Casual Epic
Jul 16, 2008
After catching up on the rest of the brilliance in here, I figured I'd add in my few experiences torturing those unfortunate enough to cross me when I was bored in WoW.

I'm going to need to check your references...
To give a bit of background I work in a supervisory position on third shift so I have a bunch of downtime, decent internet access and a passable laptop for gaming on. Playing WoW on the clock was a nightly affair and I spent a good amount of time on our guild vent bullshitting with our rank and file members.

I considered myself the "complain department" whenever I was on and not actively running anything. One night I heard the tale of a typical gold beggar in Org panhandling by the AH and generally being a waste of bandwidth.

So I fire off a tell asking him why he's harassing members of the biggest guild on the server. He gets all skittish and starts apologizing profusely and begging for me to forgive him. I do the ol' shift click to see his details and I realize he's a 70 with a lesser known guild tag.

It's one of those tags that you always recruiting in General Chat. You know the kind that's filled with people who aren't socially adept enough or good enough players to get an invite on their own merits. Something like <Grand Theft Kodo> or <I Crit My Pants>. So thinking I can get him a bad rep with his nub guild, I tell him it's customary to ask in guild chat for "5g from everyone" so that he can get closer to the money he needs for his flying mount.

He tells me that nobody is on when he plays and they wouldn't give him any gold the last few times he asked. But can he join my guild?

I proceed to string him on for a bit, asking our boilerplate recruiting questions. "Can you take people joking about loving your dead mother?" "Does it bug you when your guild leader is a worthless low DPS huntard?" you know, the usual. He's trying his best to sound as impressive and with it as possible but generally failing miserably.

I tell him that it's customary for us to require three letters of recommendation from three different characters over level 20. And I'd need them in the next 12 hours. He manages to produce one of them (likely from an alt, but whatever) and is begging for an invite.

The guildies on vent chat with me are all suggesting different ways to reel in the fish now that we have him hooked. The giggling finally subsides and we decide to tell him that he needs to spend a week in our alt guild first to help him learn how to be more socially well adjust.

Thus <I Need Friends> was born. Complete with Pink Fuzzy Bunny tabard and all.

Now for the kicker. I tell him to drop his guild so I can give him the invite and he doesn't respond. I wait a minute and ask him again. He gets back to me with "ok, I'm the leader, I had to disband the guild". According to the WoW armory, this put about 40 people out of a guild.

I send him the invite and he accepts. I spend the rest of the night on my level one alt recruiting for <I Need Friends> and trying to help this winner get into the main guild by giving him a recruitment quota for INF. So now he's the public channels. And his ex guildies are calling him a thief for absconding with the contents of the guild bank. So he's generally having a bad night. But dammit he wants in the guild.

The fish swam off in the next week and I never heard from him again. Don't know if he server transferred or just hated the game after that. But INF still continues its valuable public service of socially adjusting the human cholesterol of the WoW world.

Much to my amusement.

tl;dr - dude drops his guild to join one an embarrassingly awful one we made up on the spot and makes a bunch of enemies in the process.

Buff Me Please
Now there was one healer throughout our raiding days that annoyed the ever loving piss out of me and just about every other person we ran with. We seriously didn't need him/want him there but his lady was fun to play with so it was kinda a package deal.

This guy is always asking for things to be done *exactly* his way and complaining whenever anyone messes up in the slightest even if it has no bearing on whether the fight won or lost.

A quick bit of WoW background: A particular boss (Lurker in SSC) is fought on an island in the middle of the water and has a water squirt ability that if you're above water, knocks you back about 200 yards and does about 80% of your life total in damage. This is very easily avoided by jumping into the water when it's time. If you have a buff on you that allows you to walk on water, you CANNOT avoid this ability.

This annoying rear end is taking up time on voice chat talking about how anyone who ever gets hit by this is a complete loving retard and should quit the game and kill themselves because they suck so bad. OH and buff him right away because his buffs just ran out again and we're wasting time.

And then I see it. A shaman in the raid casts water walking on him.

The worthless poo poo doesn't even notice and the fight progresses for 2 minutes before the boss unleashes his water squirt ability. BAM the guy gets nailed and has a complete meltdown on our voice chat.

Him: THAT was NOT funny. WHO CAST WATER WALKING? This is bullshit.
Me: You're a shaman, you water walked over here. Did you forget to click it off?
Him: No are you loving stupid? Do you think I'm stupid? That's suicide.
Me: I dunno man. Only a moron would get hit by that water spout.

Knowing full well who it was, I kept my mouth shut and congratulated the instigator on a job well done.

tl;dr - demanding cocky rear end in a top hat gets a special buff on the sly so he takes a nasty boss ability right to the face.

Sorry for the wall of massive explanation, probably not nearly as great as the other stories in this thread but I felt like giving it a go.

Our late night crew was pretty abusive to each other in the most amusing of ways. I've got a host of other stories of major meltdowns and other drama from snagging items from Neutral AH botters to sending someone's little brother to give him a paper crown he made for being "Leader of the Warlocks".

That is if you find this of any interest at all.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Code Jockey posted:

I was trying to dick with CS:S, but all I could do was team flashing, since I couldn't find any FF disabled servers to "accidentally" swiss-cheese my teammates in. I did find that people would get PISSED if I bought the M249 and just ran around spraying it everywhere. "STOP SPRAYING" *dead* "I TOLD U TO STOP SPRAYING, LRN2 READ". I wasn't too sure why they were so mad, it isn't like it was a very tactics-oriented group, but damned if I didn't keep doing it until I got bored and quit. Blocking worked wonders though, and whenever people would call me on it I'd just type in all caps in broken english about how THIS IS USA and I HAVE FREEDOM TO MOVE OR TO NOT, etc. But people found it funny. :(

I've found that CS:S pubbies are really lacking in the humor department.

I've been banned from plenty of servers after loading up HLDJ and playing Eric Cartman's cover of Styx' "Come Sail Away" over the mic channel. On the rare occasion I'll get people that laugh their asses off and start singing along; the rest will move for an immediate voteban. Even if players like it, the song is over five minutes long and I let it run for the entire time so their enjoyment is pretty much shot by the three-minute mark. I remember one time the song only made it through the first twenty opening notes on the piano before somebody groaned "Oh, god" over the mic and I was banned from the server. Getting three or four guys to sing Styx in the middle of cs_office is pretty hilarious, though.

Back when rickrolling was all the rage, I used to pretend like I was having microphone problems and I'd just bought my first headset mic. I'd spend about fifteen or twenty minutes complaining over text about how my brand new mic was a piece of poo poo, gently caress Best Buy, gently caress Logitech, etc etc. I'd get players giving me full-on loving tech support with where I'd need to plug in the mic, how to best adjust the boost, checking the audio properties to make sure everything was set properly, the works. When I finally "fixed" the mic the first thing that came out of it was the dulcet tones of Rick Astley. People will sing along to this, too.

Semi-related but not griefing: One of the most fun times I've ever had in TF2 is when I played Cartman over the mic and after I'd finished, another player busted out some old TV themes and we all started playing Guess That TV Show. The whole game degenerated into a mass of everyone playing music and loving off, and it is now one of the few pubbie servers I've added as a favorite. TF2 players tend to be way more patient when you're breaking their balls, it seems.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Casual Epic posted:

WoW :words:

WoW pubbies are truly, truly dim. In my campaign of looting pretty much every guild on my server I've taken two entire darkmoon decks and a handful of single cards, untold amounts of purple and blue gear which I either shard or AH, dozens of tradeskill recipies, hundreds of gold, and literally thousands of pieces of rep grind materials. It's almost sad how these tinpot dictators will shower you with wealth for just a little bit of participation or sucking up. It's like I'm farming egos, that's what it is.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Casual Epic posted:

Our late night crew was pretty abusive to each other in the most amusing of ways. I've got a host of other stories of major meltdowns and other drama from snagging items from Neutral AH botters to sending someone's little brother to give him a paper crown he made for being "Leader of the Warlocks".

That is if you find this of any interest at all.

Yes, it's interesting. Tell us more. Why is everyone asking permission to post stories about griefing in the Griefing Discussion Thread?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Sub-Actuality posted:

Yes, it's interesting. Tell us more. Why is everyone asking permission to post stories about griefing in the Griefing Discussion Thread?

Maybe they don't want to type it all out. It is alot, and if no one likes it, its a waste. However, I love the WoW stories. Plenty of fools there, and its all you can do when the game is so restrictive - I hear they put in guards on the roofs of Orgimmar so Alliance Rogues can't hide up there. They are afraid that people can't handle a little bit of danger, which is stupid. Ghost runs make living in that game as punishing as a respawn timer in TF2. I long for the day when a UO type system is put back in that makes all of your actions worth something.

BTW, UO/EVE/WoW stories, please keep them coming! (I'll try to think of some of mine..)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

This got me a lot of hate in World of Warcraft recently. After a full clear of Zul Aman a guilie and I decided to have some fun with pubbies. We advertised in trade that we were looking for a full group for ZA. It took a while, as pug raids often do, but eventually we got a full group of ten. These weren't scrubs, either, as we were asking them for stats and specs and doing everything you would normally do when putting a raid pug together. We turned down many a person who wasn't good enough to do ZA.

Warcraft saves groups to raids and they only reset periodically. Once a week for most but only every three days for ZA. Walking into a saved raid will save your character to that one even if you haven't killed a mob. Additionally, as long as someone with a saved raid is leader everyone will go into that particular instance of the Raid.

So, once we go the group together we summoned everyone to the instance and led them inside at which point they discovered that it was already cleared. The discovered they were saved to an empty instance and started going batshit. Most of them were on our vent, as well, since we were trying to make it seem as legit as possible. I've never been called so many names in my life.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

m2pt5 posted:

Go to what, look for the giant spider sign with a huge arrow under it.

Spawning explosive props with the prop spawner does indeed work. (Barrels or propane tanks from Episode 2.) However, you should add a turret to the same control as the spawner to set the barrel on fire so it explodes properly.
If you use the ignite tool and light the prop spawner on fire, 90% of the props spawned by it are on fire and will explode.

from there you just use a wire forcer to throw the barrel. Voila, rudimentary cannon.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

I've found that CS:S pubbies are really lacking in the humor department.

I've been banned from plenty of servers after loading up HLDJ and playing Eric Cartman's cover of Styx' "Come Sail Away" over the mic channel. On the rare occasion I'll get people that laugh their asses off and start singing along; the rest will move for an immediate voteban. Even if players like it, the song is over five minutes long and I let it run for the entire time so their enjoyment is pretty much shot by the three-minute mark. I remember one time the song only made it through the first twenty opening notes on the piano before somebody groaned "Oh, god" over the mic and I was banned from the server. Getting three or four guys to sing Styx in the middle of cs_office is pretty hilarious, though.

Back when rickrolling was all the rage, I used to pretend like I was having microphone problems and I'd just bought my first headset mic. I'd spend about fifteen or twenty minutes complaining over text about how my brand new mic was a piece of poo poo, gently caress Best Buy, gently caress Logitech, etc etc. I'd get players giving me full-on loving tech support with where I'd need to plug in the mic, how to best adjust the boost, checking the audio properties to make sure everything was set properly, the works. When I finally "fixed" the mic the first thing that came out of it was the dulcet tones of Rick Astley. People will sing along to this, too.

Semi-related but not griefing: One of the most fun times I've ever had in TF2 is when I played Cartman over the mic and after I'd finished, another player busted out some old TV themes and we all started playing Guess That TV Show. The whole game degenerated into a mass of everyone playing music and loving off, and it is now one of the few pubbie servers I've added as a favorite. TF2 players tend to be way more patient when you're breaking their balls, it seems.
reminds me of the time I loaded Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech up in HLDJ, changed my name to Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), and played the entire speech for as long as I could in Day of Defeat. The speech is so long that the game often ends before it could finish, but some of the more vitriolic responses were good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This isn't really very creative and even I think I'm a dick for doing it, but I've somehow stumbled onto a little thing in Metal Gear Online. I'm not sure if its popped up on the MGO thread yet, but here goes.

One day, I'd taken the time to master Trickster (the skill relating to how fast you can set traps) and I wanted to test it out while training another skill. So, I went to another training room, this one involving "Non-Lethal Skills" and got ready to train Scanner (skill where you grab a guy, stick a needle in his neck, and you can see everyone on his team). The room had Magazines (a trap item that disables you briefly and restores Stamina), so I decided to mess around with them. I'd play by myself, occasionally grab a guy and stick my hacking needle into his neck, but eventually I came across something particularily interesting.

As I set down a Magazine in a remote area of the map, a hapless chaser fell into it and I'd grab him and do the usual one-two stabbing motion. I'd let him go, like I did every time, only to notice something: He'd re-activate the Magazine trap. Normally what happens with Magazines is that you get temporarily disabled while your soldier looks at scantily clad women, then after 10-15 seconds you snap out of it and continue shooting your M14 (obviously it's that gun). However, once you did the Scanner and let them go, their countdown would restart from the top and work down once again. So, effectively, I could repeatedly grab, Scan, let go, and watch him get stuck in the trap so I could do it all over again!

Now, the true rage follows after this realization. I did it two or three times, just to see if it worked, then went back to playing the game regularily. I didn't use the little trick again, until about half an hour later when the usual loudmouthed 13 year old kid with a speech impediment wanders into the room and starts screaming at anyone who hits him. At one point, he decides "Hey, Policenaut. You're a dick despite never having met me on the map before" and goes out of his way to exclusively chase me and knock me out. Over and over. Normally, when this happens, I just run around and try to get them to kill themselves (you'd be amazed how people don't realize high falls = death) but this guy wasn't biting. So, I pulled out Mr. Magazine again. I lead him to an incredibly out of the way location where no one would ever go normally, and laid down my one magazine trap. Naturally, him being the typical "HURR" reject, he wanders into it without delay and I spring my Scanner chain. Grab, scan, let go, repeat. I'd notice eventually that the Magazine eventually despawns, so every 5 minutes I'd set down a new one.

You'd ask, "How could he not just tell someone about this?" Well, in Metal Gear Online, your ability to communicate is directly linked to your Character's conscious state. Since he was always either entranced by Magazines or caught in a chokehold, there was very little time for him to actually complain. Every couple of passes, you'd see a "FUKYF@G" that gets cut off by the chokehold or a little scream from his mic when I let him go. Not only am I getting experience points in Scanning and CQC (melee combat skill) for doing this, I'm also ruining his stat-farming day. MGO has a Kick function, but since I'd been relatively good and helpful for most of the game before he'd arrived, a lot of the people in the server would probably help me out. Every few minutes, another Kick prompt would appear and fail. All while I helped myself to repeated stabbings of his neck.

I managed to keep this going for about 10 minutes straight, when I finally stopped and put him out cold in a full chokehold. Before I left, I made sure to pick him up and shake out all his items so that he couldn't shoot me again without picking on someone else. When he'd finally woken up, it was like a hurricane of high-pitched voice cracking obscenities and text spam. Naturally, what happened next was simple: Someone did a votekick on him, it passed, and I had a merry day playing the game for real. I blocked him before he could start sending me hate mail. I logged on the other day to see his Profile with great glee, you see, MGO has Animal rankings assigned to you based upon your overall performance. I'm a Bee, meaning that I excel at Scanning. He'd become a Rat, the hated animal that meant "You're a dumbass who gets caught in traps too much."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sestze posted:

If you use the ignite tool and light the prop spawner on fire, 90% of the props spawned by it are on fire and will explode.

from there you just use a wire forcer to throw the barrel. Voila, rudimentary cannon.

What up sestze, long time no see. SAMP goons reprazent

Also, that Obama speech is an awesome idea and I'm going to have to try it. I've found that 99% of the time, since I don't have a mic and haven't set HLDJ up yet, the only way I can effectively grief is either flashes, blocking, or teamkills, but the latter are really rare since most servers have FF off. Blocking gets boring quick, and is lame... and flashing usually gets me banned quickly. But after playing a while yesterday, I got into a groove of flashing cleverly instead of just dumping, rebuying, and dumping more flashes into the spawn to annoy people.

We were playing on dust, with about 20 people on either side. Normally they'd all go the same way to begin, and with dust, pretty much all areas are open, and separated by low enough walls that you can hurl a grenade over. Now a lot of servers seem to track teamflashing now, but this one didn't... so I'd simply wait in spawn until my team flooded into a different area, then start spamming flashes [for the 30 second buy time, anyway] into the area once I heard gunfire. Once the 30 second buy time ran out I'd play like normal, and no one had any clue who it was.

On the servers which did track, I think I managed like 15 teamflashes in a single grenade. Man, people get loving furious over that stuff.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
Not enough mention of BF2 on Kentucky Fried Server here, as always.

A whole server that (half the time) was set up to grief cretinous pubbies who joined. There can be very few servers who were threatened repeatedly with the FBI's 'internet task force'.

I was a low-level admin for a while, and remember once getting stuck on the idiot pubbie side, on the US carrier. Much, much teamkilling later...

** Is ther ADMIN ON SGT ROCK IS TKing BAN PLZ
-- Yes, *I'm* an Admin, and I have been driven insane by the futility of war. Someone please stop me oh god the humanity

EA/Dice employees told us that we were the top server in the world for kicks/bans.

[Please insert screengrabs - I never remembered to save any at the time, but I know other people had dozens of incredible tirades from BF2 chat saved. Pubbies whining and foaming at the mouth in impotent rage - the guy who suddenly left, only for a 'new player' called EA MONITOR to join, moments later, and claim we were going to be shut down...]

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Policenaut posted:

porn and needles

How many people have you gotten to simply leave the game doing that? I know I would, if I can't play then there's no point in staying. It boggles the mind that people would just sit there, screaming and crying and generally throwing huge tantrums about how you're ruining it for them, when they could just go somewhere else and have unimpeded fun again.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I Said No posted:

How many people have you gotten to simply leave the game doing that? I know I would, if I can't play then there's no point in staying. It boggles the mind that people would just sit there, screaming and crying and generally throwing huge tantrums about how you're ruining it for them, when they could just go somewhere else and have unimpeded fun again.

I ran into this with Gmod the other day, and it was hilarious.

We were playing in a server I really didn't want to grief - people were generally being cool, and one guy who was a dick got a taste of my buggy of fiery death. Anyhow, the admins turned on god mode for a bit [probably an hour], during which time some kid joined who couldn't have been over 12-13. I didn't even notice him until god mode got turned off. The admins basically said "Okay, tear poo poo up, we're turning off god mode for a bit"

Within 5 minutes over the radio: "STOP KILLING ME I'M TRYING TO BUILD!"

Over, and over. "SERIOUSLY GUYS PLEASE STOP IF YOU WANT TO PLAY DEATHMATCH PLAY ON A DIFFERENT SERVER"

Seriously this kept up for at least a half an hour. This other guy and I basically spent every moment ramming him with cars, blowing him up, etc. The funniest part was, I got bored and went to work on deathbuggy, and he comes running up to me and says "Oh man, why are those guys picking on me?" :confused:

I immediately mashed numpad 0, turning us both into dog food.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Code Jockey posted:

I immediately mashed numpad 0, turning us both into dog food.

I think I will teach my kids not to be pansies in video games, and to be more like you. :golfclap:

Or just not give them headsets. Headsets should come with an IQ and age check.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nybble posted:

Or just not give them headsets. Headsets should come with an IQ and age check.

Oh I definitely agree. It can be quite humorous, though, between the 12 year olds and the internet tough guys in CS:S servers [both of which would be easily gotten rid of with proper testing]. I had someone threatening me with physical violence, totally non-ironically / not jokingly / in a loving creepy fashion, in CS:S the other day, just for team flashing. :laugh: It was accidental the first time, not so much after that reaction.

God I love :golfclap:, I'm glad someone bought it.

digitaldorkism
Dec 16, 2003

by Fistgrrl

Sergeant Rock posted:

Not enough mention of BF2 on Kentucky Fried Server here, as always.

A whole server that (half the time) was set up to grief cretinous pubbies who joined. There can be very few servers who were threatened repeatedly with the FBI's 'internet task force'.

I was a low-level admin for a while, and remember once getting stuck on the idiot pubbie side, on the US carrier. Much, much teamkilling later...

** Is ther ADMIN ON SGT ROCK IS TKing BAN PLZ
-- Yes, *I'm* an Admin, and I have been driven insane by the futility of war. Someone please stop me oh god the humanity

EA/Dice employees told us that we were the top server in the world for kicks/bans.

[Please insert screengrabs - I never remembered to save any at the time, but I know other people had dozens of incredible tirades from BF2 chat saved. Pubbies whining and foaming at the mouth in impotent rage - the guy who suddenly left, only for a 'new player' called EA MONITOR to join, moments later, and claim we were going to be shut down...]

I never got the chance to play on the KFS, is there even one still up?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Metal gear Online

Since he was always either entranced by Magazines or caught in a chokehold, there was very little time for him to actually complain. Every couple of passes, you'd see a "FUKYF@G" that gets cut off by the chokehold or a little scream from his mic when I let him go. Not only am I getting experience points in Scanning and CQC (melee combat skill) for doing this, I'm also ruining his stat-farming day. MGO has a Kick function, but since I'd been relatively good and helpful for most of the game before he'd arrived, a lot of the people in the server would probably help me out. Every few minutes, another Kick prompt would appear and fail. All while I helped myself to repeated stabbings of his neck.

When he'd finally woken up, it was like a hurricane of high-pitched voice cracking obscenities and text spam. Naturally, what happened next was simple: Someone did a votekick on him, it passed, and I had a merry day playing the game for real. I blocked him before he could start sending me hate mail. I logged on the other day to see his Profile with great glee, you see, MGO has Animal rankings assigned to you based upon your overall performance. I'm a Bee, meaning that I excel at Scanning. He'd become a Rat, the hated animal that meant "You're a dumbass who gets caught in traps too much."

This story is incredible

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

Oh I definitely agree. It can be quite humorous, though, between the 12 year olds and the internet tough guys in CS:S servers [both of which would be easily gotten rid of with proper testing]. I had someone threatening me with physical violence, totally non-ironically / not jokingly / in a loving creepy fashion, in CS:S the other day, just for team flashing. :laugh: It was accidental the first time, not so much after that reaction.

God I love :golfclap:, I'm glad someone bought it.
someone a while back posted an exploit in entmod .418 or something that let you change the map with impunity. Basically type "changelevel de_dust" with the quotation marks in most servers running that version of the mod changes the level untracably as logs show that the server is the one changing the mod. I was playing on a gungame server populated with wannabe thugs who drat near exploded with fury that their precious game was being hijacked. The best part is that paranoia sets in after a while and admins start randomly kicking/banning people who join the server. If you stay quiet they probably won't be able the get to you though. One time I actually caused the admins on one server to turn on each other and start stripping each other of their admin powers. I guess they forgot to put immunity flags up for everyone :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
In MVC2, I got tired of idiots playing all the time with Sentinental/Magneto/Cable.

I used to then just pick Gambit, quickly get a small amount of damage on the enemy, and then perform the bug where you do a Team Cancel followed by a charge down, up kick. Gambit would just off the screen and never come back. If you had more life than the other guy you'd win automatically when the time expired. Usually 60 or 90 seconds.

People would get so mad when I'd do that, but you know what? Too bad. Don't use a broken team and expect me to just sit there while you do Sentinels crap moves back and forth.

• Locked thread