Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phizzle posted:

I don't really remember how this happened but it was pretty funny at the time:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBCppC1qy1A

I'm so confused. This is you just jumping around doing nothing and people being prepubescent at you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phizzle
Aug 12, 2004
heh heh BONERS

Drox posted:

I'm so confused. This is you just jumping around doing nothing and people being prepubescent at you?

yep

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That's awesome as hell

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phizzle posted:

I don't really remember how this happened but it was pretty funny at the time:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBCppC1qy1A

I just read up on Synergy, it sounds fun but does anyone use it?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
In BF1942 vehicles would eventually blow up if left alone outside their spawn points. So what two friends and I did was spawn as an engineer and pilot and another random guy and hop into a Kubelwagon and steal the enemy's planes in the El Alemein map. We'd take planes to the far corner of the map and land, then as an engineer I'd repair the planes every so often so they didn't blow up.

Meanwhile my friend would return to the airfield and steal more with the help of our third friend who would be the taxi driver, taking him to the enemy airfield.

The confusion and swearing in the chatlog would be pretty epic when the RAF was nowhere to be seen with the Luftwaffe able to strafe and bomb them without any real opposition. Things got so much better when the Forgotten Hope mod came out since it made airpower that much more important.

Also loading a jeep with remote C4 and suicide bombing an enemy's spawn point is a pretty good way to royally piss people off.

Mugmoor
Dec 13, 2006

I had a ruff day at work.
In Halo 3 there's a multiplayer mode called "Rocket Race". The way it works is there's 4 teams which two people on each. One's a drive and another is the shooter. Everyone is equipped with a rocket launcher, but they can't kill you. Just toss your Mongoose (ATV type thing) around. The point is to race to checkpoints randomly placed around the map, while shooting enemy jeeps to stop them from getting there.

I was playing with my buddy the other night and frankly, he's pretty horrible at the game and I knew I had no chance of winning. So I figured we'd have some fun in other ways. There's one map with a cliff on one side near where a checkpoint spawn is. I would shoot people so their jeep rolls over and they have to get off, flip it over and get back on. Only, I'd jump off mine and shoot theirs away from them. Then, I'd proceed to melee attack them until they either died or fell off the cliff from backpedaling from me.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
I was talking to my dad about grog earlier and I remembered something from the old days that me and my brother used to do. In RetroMUD there was this emote called 'grog'; you'd type /grog [name], and that person would see

quote:

> Ferdinand pours you a warm cup of grog.

no matter where they were or who they were. You wouldn't even have to be in contact with them; you could just look at the server list and /grog random people.

Now generally you'd do this at a tavern, guild hall or what have you to be personable, but we decided that it was the best emote ever. So we'd grog everyone we'd meet and use it in a number of occasions.

party members asks for healing/buff/crafting?

80th level guild leaders all up in your grill about dues?

13 yr old on crack wants to pvp?

admin says you are a worthless player?

the maps in that game were horrific, and sometimes you'd get someone asking for directions back to areas where guys would spawn.

For some reason this seemed to piss people off, especially when they'd leave me and find my brother, ask him the same thing and get
> Fade pours you a warm cup of grog.

Another thing was that the mud-handlers of the time (would turn wall of white text into colored text based on type of message), emotes would have their own color that was similar to the combat message color (combat was red, emote was orange-ish). With a well-placed grog, you could get people exploding with buffs, teleporting out, or doing any number of things including attacking you on sight. People who recognized it as an emote still seemed to get extremely pissed, especially when you /grog'd them over and over again. You could also /grog all and do it to everyone in the room. Not the greatest grief ever, but still makes me laugh.

Mathemagician fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 27, 2008

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

Mathemagician posted:

Not the greatest grief ever, but still makes me laugh.

It is pretty great, though, because you're not doing anything at all and people get all pissy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Strangely, behaving in an 'abnormal' manner for whatever game you're playing, even if you are NOT actively acting like a jerk seems to drive people absolutely loving ballistic. If someone talks to you and you don't respond, they keep asking. If you still don't respond, they start getting incensed. If you continue to ignore them, they start flipping out. It's really a strange phenomenon.

You can see this in just about any type of game too. Try following someone around silently, not interfering or acting in any way in an mmo. Even on a PvE server, people will assume you're up to nefarious activities and freak the hell out.

edit: Prime example - I *disabled* non-friend voicechat on XBL because I can't stand penis in my ear while gaming. I have negative feedback for trash talk/foul language. What.

victrix fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 27, 2008

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Virxas posted:

Way back in the first days of UO, I recall GMs being fairly prompt and interacting with people, though I heard that the growing playerbase and just having to constantly deal with the masses of idiots made the GMs both less available and less inclined to help.

The GMs were practically retardedly gullible in the early days years of that game. If you had a dispute, a few GMs wouldn't even listen to the other side of the story and just give you what you wanted.

Well one day GM Freza was on (I had most of the GMs on ICQ to know which ones were working at any given time so I knew what bullshit I could pull). I was walking through the lands south east of Skara Brae when I came across a freshly laid castle where an IDOC was standing like 30 minutes before. I knew this because I was camping that IDOC for hours the day before when I misread the timer on it, so I was pissed that I missed the placement.

So, I page complaining that I placed my castle and went off to eat, then came back and saw that a new castle was there. I backed up this proof with me standing with a castle deed in my backpack and a fresh castle next to me. So Freza comes in and starts questioning me, asking when the IDOC fell and whatever. She told me that apparently there was this bug where people could place over other people's houses (there isn't) and that standard procedure was to give the house back (it wasn't). So the poor guys who placed the original castle suddenly saw their place disappear and my castle go above it, including whatever stuff they moved in and the idoc stuff.

Well there was this whole poo poo storm, some people quit, another GM gave the castle back (after I already sold the plot and castle for a couple mil), Freza got fired, and I GMed poisoning off of the money I got for the castle.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mugmoor posted:

In Halo 3 there's a multiplayer mode called "Rocket Race". The way it works is there's 4 teams which two people on each. One's a drive and another is the shooter. Everyone is equipped with a rocket launcher, but they can't kill you. Just toss your Mongoose (ATV type thing) around. The point is to race to checkpoints randomly placed around the map, while shooting enemy jeeps to stop them from getting there.

I was playing with my buddy the other night and frankly, he's pretty horrible at the game and I knew I had no chance of winning. So I figured we'd have some fun in other ways. There's one map with a cliff on one side near where a checkpoint spawn is. I would shoot people so their jeep rolls over and they have to get off, flip it over and get back on. Only, I'd jump off mine and shoot theirs away from them. Then, I'd proceed to melee attack them until they either died or fell off the cliff from backpedaling from me.

I remember rocket race. Back when my friend and I still liked Halo we'd go over to eachothers place every few nights and just play rocket race. We'd chill for a few minutes until someone got a clear lead then started blowing him up so that someone else won. It lead to many a 16-year-old-neckbeard screaming "WHAT THE gently caress" in mic. I miss those days

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice
In GTA IV the helicopter is two parts, the body and the tail. If you knock out the tail the helicopter spins out of control.

I just wait in a helicopter near the helipads and when one takes off I'll quickly drop down on it as if I was landing. After a while they get really pissed off and try to shoot me down with the laughably inaccurate quad miniguns on the Annihilator.

I'll increase my altitude and as they rush up to meet me and try to fill my face with lead I just drop on them at nearly 90 degrees and chop off their tail. And at that altitude they can only land alive if they are rather skilled.

It's especially funny when they get pissed off and fire RPGs at you from the ground. But the RPG autodetonates at a certain altitude. If you hover completely still just above it they'll completely freak out and accuse you of every drat thing they can imagine.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

victrix posted:

Strangely, behaving in an 'abnormal' manner for whatever game you're playing, even if you are NOT actively acting like a jerk seems to drive people absolutely loving ballistic. If someone talks to you and you don't respond, they keep asking. If you still don't respond, they start getting incensed. If you continue to ignore them, they start flipping out. It's really a strange phenomenon.

You can see this in just about any type of game too. Try following someone around silently, not interfering or acting in any way in an mmo. Even on a PvE server, people will assume you're up to nefarious activities and freak the hell out.

edit: Prime example - I *disabled* non-friend voicechat on XBL because I can't stand penis in my ear while gaming. I have negative feedback for trash talk/foul language. What.

I do this a lot just for shits and giggles. It's not really disruptive or blatant or anything, but in TF2, on a 32 man server, I will wait until my team is on Defense on an engineer-heavy team. Then I'll go engineer and just walk around shotgunning enemies. Once I'm done with that, I'll just start creeping around our base. People will chase me down for minutes at a time, wondering why they can't kill the spy skipping around their sentries and teleporters. Sometimes I even fool enemies--I'll walk into their base, turn around, and charge my own base with them. Sure, they shoot once or twice, but if you act like a spy would, they'll stop and ignore you.

I don't know why I do it. It's just really funny to me. Changing your name to match another engineer's helps, too. My favorite part of it is jumping around though. As a spy in an enemy base, people will spy check you, and you're supposed to sit there and take a few bullets to look legit. Most spies though, will start jumping around trying to dodge the bullets, which gives them away. That is what I do. I stand in my own base acting suspicious to annoy and confuse the other engineers.

I am so gay.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sangoeil posted:

I do this a lot just for shits and giggles. It's not really disruptive or blatant or anything, but in TF2, on a 32 man server, I will wait until my team is on Defense on an engineer-heavy team. Then I'll go engineer and just walk around shotgunning enemies. Once I'm done with that, I'll just start creeping around our base. People will chase me down for minutes at a time, wondering why they can't kill the spy skipping around their sentries and teleporters. Sometimes I even fool enemies--I'll walk into their base, turn around, and charge my own base with them. Sure, they shoot once or twice, but if you act like a spy would, they'll stop and ignore you.

I don't know why I do it. It's just really funny to me. My favorite part of it is jumping around though. As a spy in an enemy base, people will spy check you, and you're supposed to sit there and take a few bullets to look legit. Most spies though, will start jumping around trying to dodge the bullets, which gives them away. That is what I do. I stand in my own base acting suspicious to annoy and confuse the other engineers.

I am so gay.

If you have Garrys Mod hop on an RP server. I had someone whisper me threatening to find my address and "beat your stupid rear end into a loving pulp you poo poo" just because I was shooting cops as a gangster. It was a bizzare and a slightly erotic experience

Lizking
Mar 10, 2007

Don't worry, we'll englighten them...

Sangoeil posted:

I don't know why I do it. It's just really funny to me. Changing your name to match another engineer's helps, too. My favorite part of it is jumping around though. As a spy in an enemy base, people will spy check you, and you're supposed to sit there and take a few bullets to look legit. Most spies though, will start jumping around trying to dodge the bullets, which gives them away. That is what I do. I stand in my own base acting suspicious to annoy and confuse the other engineers.

I am so gay.
I do something along the same lines as a Pyro with the flaregun. I was hoping that the flaregun would be a sniper stopper, but it's more of a "make the sniper leisurely walk to the nearest health pack to stop that itching feeling that messes up their aim" item than anything else. However, once you learn how to arc your shots right, it is incredibly accurate.
Sometimes, I'll pick a random player on my own team and just fire the flaregun at them from as far away as I possibly can for an entire match. I normally go for snipers, since it's easy to tell when they're looking directly at you, but since most really bad medics tend to stand still while they build their ubercharge, they work pretty well too. There's nothing special to this at all, but you have to be incommunicado the whole time. No text, no voice, no calling for medics or shouting SPY!. Act like a robot programmed to fire flares at them from incredible distances and nothing more.
They seem to get even more mad if you do a flamethrower taunt every time a flare sails harmlessly into their face.

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising
If you have a microphone you can go, especially as red on gravelpit, something like "Engie as spy going up C" when everyone spawns and start running up and down the point.
Better yet to pretend to be annoyed that nobody can kill or find this god damned spy, helps if you use mic in a sheltered part then run out in front of everyone.

boofs
Feb 21, 2006

not this apple

Spirit Tree posted:

If you have a microphone you can go, especially as red on gravelpit, something like "Engie as spy going up C" when everyone spawns and start running up and down the point.
Better yet to pretend to be annoyed that nobody can kill or find this god damned spy, helps if you use mic in a sheltered part then run out in front of everyone.

When I played TF2 I used to do this. I'd claim there was a spy with my name somewhere, and then I'd go to that area and act suspicious.

You'd be surprised at how long someone will follow you, thwacking you with a shovel and yelling SPY!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
In the early days of Everquest 1, if you right clicked a player it would inspect their equipment. It would also send them a line of text saying "<player> is inspecting your equipment."

There was no end to the amount of anger some people became filled with, just by looking to see what items they had on. On a PVP server, where you could potentially be checking to see if the person is worth killing for one of their items I could understand, but this was a PVE server, they were in no danger.

You could also reverse-grief the people that would inspect others by backing up a little bit if they tried to inspect you (it would close the inspect window). If it was a player actually interested in what items you had, they would also get very upset when you'd back up and break their inspection before they had a chance to see what cool items you had.

A pretty minor grief, but a pretty good example of people getting really worked up over nothing at all.

half goon half god
Dec 30, 2006

give the past a slip
All this SL talk has convinced me to sign up. I'm going in as Gerald Pevensey (first thing I could think of, sorry). I just hope that altering my character model isn't too difficult.

Edit: Scrap that. It's lagging like gently caress, I can barely move, and when I do, it's always into a wall.

half goon half god fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 27, 2008

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

half goon half god posted:

Edit: Scrap that. It's lagging like gently caress, I can barely move, and when I do, it's always into a wall.

welcome to Second Life

The Mechanical Hand
May 21, 2007

as this blessed evening falls don't forget the alcohol
Like many others before me I miss the good old days of TFC so I play it now and then. Since Dustbowl is one of the most popular maps I frequent a few dustbowl servers. One day a bunch of the regular players on the team I was on decided to just down right gently caress with the other team. We were blue. We managed to drive them all the way back to their spawn point on the second cap and we set up as many turrets as we were allowed around the base while demomen and soldiers spammed the poo poo out of their base. They could barely get out. Eventually they did due to a few mistakes on our part. They also managed to push us back but we pulled off a win at the last second with a well placed nade jumping demoman.

Agapetos
Jul 12, 2007

by Earwicker
I started playing CS:Source about a month ago, and it drives me nuts to see so many people using aimbots and wallhacks.

Maybe that doesn't quite count as griefing, but it's definitely frustrating to play with people that are using those things. Especially when you spec them and you can see them twirling around like a top every couple of seconds so they can headshot someone with an unscoped awp.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Mechanical Hand posted:

Like many others before me I miss the good old days of TFC so I play it now and then. Since Dustbowl is one of the most popular maps I frequent a few dustbowl servers. One day a bunch of the regular players on the team I was on decided to just down right gently caress with the other team. We were blue. We managed to drive them all the way back to their spawn point on the second cap and we set up as many turrets as we were allowed around the base while demomen and soldiers spammed the poo poo out of their base. They could barely get out. Eventually they did due to a few mistakes on our part. They also managed to push us back but we pulled off a win at the last second with a well placed nade jumping demoman.

I really miss TFC. I'm glad to hear people still play it, I think I might buy it off of Steam.

I remember causing unholy screaming fits when I'd manage to sneak my HWGuy into the enemy sniper roost in 2fort. Oh man. You'd think a talented sniper could easily respawn, sneak out from a corner and pick me off before my terribly inaccurate gun got them... but I'd rack up dozens and dozens of kills [both snipers and soldiers/medics/whoever who didn't expect me there] before someone would pop me or I'd go back for more ammo.

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Drox posted:

Obviously mecca must be infiltrated by a crack squad of ninjews.

Hypothetically speaking, having not used SL before but knowing some poo poo about modelling and skinning, would it be possible to create a decent-looking Ariel Sharon skin without paying any money?

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Yes they are shoes made of wood. Nothing weird about it, please stop taking my picture. I am NOT a tourist attraction!

Some Internet Guy posted:

Hypothetically speaking, having not used SL before but knowing some poo poo about modelling and skinning, would it be possible to create a decent-looking Ariel Sharon skin without paying any money?

Guess its possible, but i checked out the mosque a few times, and its always deserted, so that project is not worth the time.

I made a post in the second life thread about a church service, its a popular church and they hold sermons every sunday.

You can read it here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2901993&pagenumber=2#post346845918

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

mr. nazi posted:

In the early days of Everquest 1, if you right clicked a player it would inspect their equipment. It would also send them a line of text saying "<player> is inspecting your equipment."

There was no end to the amount of anger some people became filled with, just by looking to see what items they had on. On a PVP server, where you could potentially be checking to see if the person is worth killing for one of their items I could understand, but this was a PVE server, they were in no danger.

Wasn't there an item-dupe hack that involved /inspecting someone?

I imagine it was mostly people misunderstanding what was possible on the server, though. Christ, you can cook up a shitstorm by just emoting 'steals 1g from you' in WoW, even though there's no way to actually rob other PCs.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) has run into a little snag. Some admin hosed with his game settings so now HLSS and HLDJ don't work. Is there any other way to fix this other than delete all files and reload?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
No, but in the future set those files to be read only. The next time an admin does that to you, all you will have to do is restart the game and you'll be fine.

MightyZaar
Jan 28, 2004
Now with 33% more rage and vengeance!
I just remembered how one night, two friends and I were drunk LANning a FF-enabled CS server. One person on our team was being a particularly annoying armchair-commanding twat so we cycled killing the poor bastard, leaving, changing our names, and rejoining over and over. Hilarious paranoia ensued as he would try to figure out who was going to kill him this round but the rest of the team got sick of it so they started joining in as well. He was not happy.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

John_A_Tallon posted:

No, but in the future set those files to be read only. The next time an admin does that to you, all you will have to do is restart the game and you'll be fine.

Which files are you supposed to write-protect to stop admins from messing with?

DB_Cooper
Nov 14, 2006
Back when i was still hooked on the sweet sweet WOW dope i had a guildmate that was a mage and would go to hillsbrad and train a specific high level npc that was at the alliance av entrance all the way to undercities bank. The npc had a massive cleave so anyone or anything around him just keeled over unless they were level 70.

There was also the fel reaver training in the TBC city but everyone has done that.

I wish i wasnt utterly drunk or on some substance the whole time i played that game so i could remember even a quarter of our guilds shennanigans.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

DB_Cooper posted:

Back when i was still hooked on the sweet sweet WOW dope i had a guildmate that was a mage and would go to hillsbrad and train a specific high level npc that was at the alliance av entrance all the way to undercities bank. The npc had a massive cleave so anyone or anything around him just keeled over unless they were level 70.

There was also the fel reaver training in the TBC city but everyone has done that.

I wish i wasnt utterly drunk or on some substance the whole time i played that game so i could remember even a quarter of our guilds shennanigans.

You have to be on something, sometimes, to enjoy WOW.

Something very minor I do when I get frustrated with wow, I go and pick on people 1/3rd my level. Since with level 70's Blizzard introduced a thing called diminishing returns on crowd control spells like polymorph (which is the only thing this story is concerned with because, I'm a level 70 mage), basically by the third time I cast polymorph on a level 70 they are immune to it. But Blizzard didn't make it work for people lower than level 70.

So whenever I'm pissed at the world I go and find 1 person's day to ruin. I'll go to some low level Alliance zone and find one sucker just trying to level up. Cast polymorph on him and just stand there making sure he can't accomplish anything, for at least an hour or more, just by recasting polymorph over and over and over. Sometimes I'll order them around and make them follow me by using emotes and punish them by polymorphing them when they don't listen to me.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Cowboy posted:

Cast polymorph on him and just stand there making sure he can't accomplish anything, for at least an hour or more, just by recasting polymorph over and over and over. Sometimes I'll order them around and make them follow me by using emotes and punish them by polymorphing them when they don't listen to me.

My friend was once in a pre-form for Warsong Gulch made up of ten mages who spent the entire round keeping the other side polymorphed until they just ragequit and his side won by forefeit. And since polymorph was such a cheap spell, with good regen you could literally cast it forever. And once a couple people had quit out of the instance, the "unneeded" mages would just sit and wait at the spawn for new people to come in. Eventually there was a little petting zoo in the flag room.

Stunts like that are probably what led to the implementation of the "Diminishing returns" thing.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GetWellGamers posted:

My friend was once in a pre-form for Warsong Gulch made up of ten mages who spent the entire round keeping the other side polymorphed until they just ragequit and his side won by forefeit. And since polymorph was such a cheap spell, with good regen you could literally cast it forever. And once a couple people had quit out of the instance, the "unneeded" mages would just sit and wait at the spawn for new people to come in. Eventually there was a little petting zoo in the flag room.

Stunts like that are probably what led to the implementation of the "Diminishing returns" thing.

Yeah but don't forget warlocks fearing 5 people, DoTing them, then going for a drink. Well, they can still do that I suppose

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

LLCoolJD posted:

Star Wars: Galaxies

Cantina Griefing
I was loving around on an alt one day when a couple of these guys walked into one of the cantinas. The entertainers in that game, at least when I played, took their stuff pretty seriously and were getting seriously pissed about these transvestites stealing the show.
|

See that dude in that weird shirt on the left? Halden Melari? Yep. That was me. Not even joking here. I got so bored with the game once they broke it that I ended up doing the same exact thing you guys were doing though. What can I say? I was a 17 year old Star Wars nerd.

LazyShell
Aug 28, 2007
not fat
ANNOUNCER JIM
A couple of times, I have adopted a persona in Counter-Strike I call Announcer Jim. Announcer Jim is just me reading off the "_____ has joined the game" announcements and typed chat in the most excited and annoying voice I can muster. People usually get really annoyed and pissed at first, but if I don't get banned within two minutes, people start getting the idea that typing "poop poo poo poop penis" and "i am a huge human being" will usually end in hilarity. It's a cool kind of griefing because it annoys the poo poo out of half the server, and you can hear the other half over the mics crying and choking on their laughter.

I made a couple videos for youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOL4MGkH1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L7ou8uWYOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mIVVpH29NM

There are a few more off of my username.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I am literally dying laughing at that. Its such an amazingly simple idea, which is what the best griefs usually are.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

These are beautiful. You've got the perfect voice for it, too.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

LazyShell posted:

ANNOUNCER JIM
A couple of times, I have adopted a persona in Counter-Strike I call Announcer Jim. Announcer Jim is just me reading off the "_____ has joined the game" announcements and typed chat in the most excited and annoying voice I can muster. People usually get really annoyed and pissed at first, but if I don't get banned within two minutes, people start getting the idea that typing "poop poo poo poop penis" and "i am a huge human being" will usually end in hilarity. It's a cool kind of griefing because it annoys the poo poo out of half the server, and you can hear the other half over the mics crying and choking on their laughter.

I made a couple videos for youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOL4MGkH1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L7ou8uWYOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mIVVpH29NM

There are a few more off of my username.

I really wish back when I played CS I managed to get into games with people like you more often :( .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

Grapplejack posted:

These are beautiful. You've got the perfect voice for it, too.

I want announcer jim to narrate my goddamn life.

• Locked thread