Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
You got a voice of John Madden and Harry Carray sharing a telephone booth and drinking a bottle of Jim Beam. Its awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Machine GO!
May 17, 2008
That's beautiful man, best laughs I've had from this thread.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Announcer Jim is loving beautiful.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Ok that seriously had me in tears. Well done.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The best griefing is group-participation, which is why Announcer Jim is so ingenious and hilarious. Thanks.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LazyShell posted:

ANNOUNCER JIM
I made a couple videos for youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOL4MGkH1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L7ou8uWYOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mIVVpH29NM

There are a few more off of my username.

L O L RIGHT BRACKET I LOVE MY MOM'S PUSSY

This is the best thing I've ever witnessed, I'd love to try it someday but I know I could never, ever do your John Madden-on-helium-and-meth voice right

I'm glad no one else is at the office right now because I'm in hysterics, god this is so good

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

LazyShell posted:

The second two are brilliant, but I think the link to the first one is broken. Youtube says it contains a malformed video ID :confused:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Probally already been covered but Goonfleet have a good thing going with Jihadswarm
https://www.jihadswarm.com

The tears are near endless as you destroy weeks if not months of someones work.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Kind of griefing but mostly being a dick on the internet.

Worms Armageddon has always been so easy to grief, they invented a whole bunch of retarded rules that they religeously follow and they rage at the drop of a hat.

Back when WA was first released in the beginning of 99 Team17 also provided a desktop IM client called Snooper so you could chat/spam people in the wormnet lobbies.
Like pretty much everything made by Team17 it had some kind of stupidly obvious achilles heal which would eventually render it useless. In the case of Snooper it required wormnet to validate user logins, a couple of us found out that when wormnet was down you could use any username/password you wanted and Snooper would just give you the benefit of the doubt and let you on with that username.

One weekend when wormnet was down we decided to pass the time and have some fun. We logged in with Team17 tagged usernames, only Team17 staff were allowed to have that in their username so we were immediately trusted by everyone.
While my two friends took the opportunity to fish for passwords I started handing out useless technical advice, telling people that wormnet wasn't down it was a fault with their computers and they would have to re-install the game/directx/windows, or that amazing new features were being added or that the server would be down for weeks or telling them to install the wrong patch.
Pretty harmless really.

While this was going on a kid by the name of Armec sent out a mass ICQ message to about a million people letting them know that there was a problem with wormnet and he was working with Team17 to resolve the problem and he granted a bunch of us a personal audience in ICQ chat where he let us all know the word on the street.
Unfortunately his sources were a little shady, me. He'd got it into his head that because one of us imposters had got him to do something terribly stupid with his computer that he was now unofficial Team17 technical support and started repeating whatever crazy retarded poo poo we told him to everyone in ICQ.

It was a little light fun and then I went to bed only to wake up to the biggest shitstorm in worms ever the next day.
During the night my friends, with the help of more friends and the passwords they had liberated on Snooper, went on a loving rampage across the worms community loving everyones poo poo up, wrecking websites, forum accounts, email & IM accounts and WA accounts including, funnily enough, Armec who according to one of his irl friends broke down in tears and subsequently quit the game altogether.
Team17 removed Snooper and it never came back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why you don't have online leagues in Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party
By CheechLizard

WA originally had a bunch of ingame leagues for different schemes, it was one of the major selling points of the game and pretty much the only reason to play it instead of Worms 2 which is a better game. Fact.
Being a Team17 creation though meant that anyone under the age of 13 could pretty much destroy the whole thing in 17 seconds, which they did.

One weekend wormnet was down for maintenance but rather than completely block access to wormnet entirely they just blocked the log in page, an HTML serverlist.
A genuine German called Kufner decided that he couldn't wait another day without worms so edited the serverlist to completely bypass the login page which he sent to me, which I sent to a few of my friends, etc, etc, and pretty soon there were a couple of hundred people on wormnet telling the admins to go gently caress.
One of us discovered that by editing the username in the network settings screen which was used for lan play you could login to anyones account without a password which kind of broke everything.
And it's been broken for 8 years.

Also, trapping french people in teleports on tf2 is funny.

Amandyke
Nov 27, 2004

A wha?

BigPaddy posted:

Probally already been covered but Goonfleet have a good thing going with Jihadswarm

362.6 billion isk destroyed so far?

Holy

Crap

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Sangoeil posted:

being useless in tf2

When I get bored of playing tf2 properly, I join a random public server, go spy, and see how long I can stand on heavy weapons guy's heads before being killed. I get a fair bit of abuse from my own team who happen to spectate me while dead. I also get abuse for having a very low score.

Once I managed to stand on a sniper's head for a good 5 minutes, continually using the "jeer" voice command to insult him after every shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBdBDZDmI_k

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 29, 2008

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

BigPaddy posted:

What the hell is Jihadswarm? Do you just kill people in 0.0 space or some dumb poo poo?

I attempted to click around your site but it didn't tell me a drat thing.

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 29, 2008

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What the hell is Jihadswarm? Do you just kill people in 0.0 space or some dumb poo poo?

Empire space, where they're supposed to have their expensive but flimsy mining ships protected by CONCORD (think BB bouncers from WoW).

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

100%BEEF posted:

When I get bored of playing tf2 properly, I join a random public server, go spy, and see how long I can stand on heavy weapons guy's heads before being killed. I get a fair bit of abuse from my own team who happen to spectate me while dead. I also get abuse for having a very low score.

Once I managed to stand on a sniper's head for a good 5 minutes, continually using the "jeer" voice command to insult him after every shot.

What the hell is it with people getting so enraged when you stand on their heads? I was trying to play CS:S straight for a while, I was in an actually semi-fun server, and there was a CT crouched in a doorway shooting at people. So what do I do? I hopped on his head, crouched, and made a nice little CT totem pole while I opened fire out the door. Almost immediately, I hear in a screechy pre-pubescent voice "STOP STANDING ON ME!!"

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Basically Goons in Space go around an kill people in defenceless mining barges in HighSec space. Basically if you shoot someone there NPC police turn up to kill you. However there is a responce time so if you can kill them before the NPCs turn up then you have sucessfully suicide ganked them.

The beauty of this is two fold. One the cost of a ship to kill a miner is about 1/10 the cost of the miners ship + fitting which can put them back weeks as they have to buy a new one and mining in high sec is not a fast way to make cash. Two by declaring certain areas of space safe from terrorist attacks we get miners to mine materials that Goons need for their player owned structures while denying cheap fuel to our enemies and getting crap loads of tears by doing it.

At one point there was a public donation drive by players who were being attacked to hire Mercenaries to keep them safe from Goons since they were that scared of being killed.

Note: I went into alot of detail that the quoted member probally knows but I thought it best to include details for the casual observer.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
If I was to be made independently wealthy somehow and didn't need to work another day in my life, I think I'd spend the majority of my free time in EVE. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

100%BEEF posted:

This is truly hilarious, especially how the entire other team is just kind of oblivious. I think only one pyro ever caught you at it in that video probably just because he was spamming.

Also I think somehow I started a trend with the air-blast pyro, because now I'm seeing other people doing it on the servers I've done it and they're calling it 'poof pyro' now. :psyduck:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Ray_ posted:

I stole the best weapon from some schmuck right inside his house then watched him turn it inside out, then he summoned a GM, then I portaled away right in front of him and led him to death.

Oh my god this thread needs to go to the goldmine after it has run its course.

Not now while there are stories still coming out but goddamn this whole thread is incredible

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Someone else said something about pubbies getting enraged over the smallest of things in TF2. I would like to add to this by saying that for the past day or two, every time I've played, I've gone engineer. Still building stuff as needed, but primarily I just pull a Yackety Sax and run around the map pistoling people to death.

Nothing prepared me for the verbal onslaught that came crashing down upon me once I was dominating three people with pistol potshots. Holy poo poo, they get so mad in so many different ways. Some of them naturally claim you're hacking, some actually recognize that you're basically just kill-stealing from your teammates, and some of them become suicidal and rush you, and only you, the entirety of the map.

The engineer just has so much ammo for his pistol that he cannot be stopped!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sangoeil posted:

Someone else said something about pubbies getting enraged over the smallest of things in TF2. I would like to add to this by saying that for the past day or two, every time I've played, I've gone engineer. Still building stuff as needed, but primarily I just pull a Yackety Sax and run around the map pistoling people to death.

Nothing prepared me for the verbal onslaught that came crashing down upon me once I was dominating three people with pistol potshots. Holy poo poo, they get so mad in so many different ways. Some of them naturally claim you're hacking, some actually recognize that you're basically just kill-stealing from your teammates, and some of them become suicidal and rush you, and only you, the entirety of the map.

The engineer just has so much ammo for his pistol that he cannot be stopped!

Ha!

I really need to get TF2. It's way too hard to be worthless in CS:S, because in maps like office or dust, even if I'm just standing around or something, people assume I'm camped out or waiting to defend a location, it sucks!

I've managed to piss some people off by rushing when they were obviously waiting for a prime opportunity to strike, kind of a leeeeeeeroy jeeeeenkins thing I guess. 5-6 CTs crouched around a door waiting to rush it, I toss a flashbang up into the sky (works best in dust and other open-sky maps) and run into the door, swinging my knife, getting cut down the second I step foot in the door. Had a few "WHAT ARE YOU DOING GODDAMN IT" over the mics, but that's about the worst of it.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Reminds me of the time I went Medic, took my saw out and used only my saw by rushing the front lines. If anyone called for medic, I just called medic back at them. If anyone got in my face about it I played the violin to them.

I got so much pure hatred from both teams, then when I suddenly switched to Demoman and blasted the living poo poo out of the lot of them they weren't too impressed about that either.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

I Said No posted:

Reminds me of the time I went Medic, took my saw out and used only my saw by rushing the front lines. If anyone called for medic, I just called medic back at them. If anyone got in my face about it I played the violin to them.

I got so much pure hatred from both teams, then when I suddenly switched to Demoman and blasted the living poo poo out of the lot of them they weren't too impressed about that either.
That is a great story. But, offensive medic can be extremely dangerous sometimes if you play it right. With the Blutsauger, for instance, you can take out a pyro 99% of the time, because they'll just run straight at you and you can run straight backwards and because of the medic speed boost, they don't gain much ground. Scouts will often go for the bat kill with medics because they're a soft target, which is why the bonesaw is great for taking scouts out, etc etc. I don't do it often but people do get really pissed for some reason when you're dominating them as medic. My own team seems to get more pissed than anyone else, calling up admins to ban the 'combat medic' who 'isn't doing his job by healing the heavy' :rolleyes: More often than not it's that mentality that makes me go combat medic in the first place.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

LazyShell posted:

ANNOUNCER JIM
A couple of times, I have adopted a persona in Counter-Strike I call Announcer Jim. Announcer Jim is just me reading off the "_____ has joined the game" announcements and typed chat in the most excited and annoying voice I can muster. People usually get really annoyed and pissed at first, but if I don't get banned within two minutes, people start getting the idea that typing "poop poo poo poop penis" and "i am a huge human being" will usually end in hilarity. It's a cool kind of griefing because it annoys the poo poo out of half the server, and you can hear the other half over the mics crying and choking on their laughter.

If you do this again I'd love to be on the server you're announcing, this is loving hilarious.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
The best thing about Announcer Jim is that everyone loves it, it's less griefing, and more the most entertaining thing I've ever heard during a game of CSS.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
In my history of playing online FPS games I often take an "Announcer Jim" personality (unfortunately I don't have any recordings left over =[) I've mostly done this in Counterstrike and TF2, though I try to vary my personality, voice, and the content of what I am announcing.

In CS, for example, I like playing as "Mr WIGGLES". Mr WIGGLES talks in the third person, in a rather high-pitched retard-fever mumble, announcing all his actions to his team in sudden, punctuated bursts interrupted by gunfire and aberrant spazout sessions. I can't keep up the personality for more than 15-20 minutes because it actually causes strain on my voice, but on many occasions I've had my entire team reduced to either screaming insults or doubled-over laughter, with the end result us being repeatedly slaughtered at spawn or other indefensible points because no-one was able to pay attention to the game. The other team generally has no idea what is going on and sends lots of "????" global messages, to which my team would typically respond, "loving MR WIGGLES".

I've never had a voteban succeed when doing this because invariably half the team ends up loving it.

In TF2 my favorite tactic is to announce any event taking place in-game using an imitation of whatever character's voice would normally utter it. So I'll be playing an engineer, and suddenly shout in a gruff southern twang, "Spy's sappin' mah sentree guhn!" or, "Dispahnser daown!" along with other announcements and vocal roleplaying of my class. Every time my scout lands a melee kill I'll punctuate it with a very loud "BOINK!" and start trash talking in a New England accent, etc. Adding in the standard "announce everything like a radio commentator" or simply discussing erroneous topics can make it even funnier, though just doing the voice imitations is my most common time-waster and seems to make my teammates the happiest. They almost always join in after a few rounds of this, and every remotely interesting occurance ends up punctuated by a chorus of role-played exclamations.

It's awesome getting people to role-play TF2.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Mathemagician posted:

That is a great story. But, offensive medic can be extremely dangerous sometimes if you play it right. With the Blutsauger, for instance, you can take out a pyro 99% of the time, because they'll just run straight at you and you can run straight backwards and because of the medic speed boost, they don't gain much ground. Scouts will often go for the bat kill with medics because they're a soft target, which is why the bonesaw is great for taking scouts out, etc etc. I don't do it often but people do get really pissed for some reason when you're dominating them as medic. My own team seems to get more pissed than anyone else, calling up admins to ban the 'combat medic' who 'isn't doing his job by healing the heavy' :rolleyes: More often than not it's that mentality that makes me go combat medic in the first place.

Agreeing with all this, plus once you nail kombat mediking, its the most fun in the drat game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Announcer Jim is the best thing I have ever seen in Counterstrike.

LazyShell
Aug 28, 2007
not fat

rockopete posted:

If you do this again I'd love to be on the server you're announcing, this is loving hilarious.

It's hard to know when I'll be doing it next as I hardly ever do it alone because it's a lot funnier if there are people around you not playing Counter-Strike and just watching you yell, and I also need to be in a place where yelling foul, vulgar things as loud as I can is acceptable. There is a steam group dedicated to tell other people when I'll announce next, (steamcommunity.com/groups/announcerjim) although I failed to tell them last time as I can never really plan ahead for these things. And I'm still also torn about announcing to people who know what's going on, as I love the progression from "Christ, this kid's really loving annoying" to "Holy poo poo this is the funniest thing I've seen in my life".

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

LazyShell posted:

ANNOUNCER JIM

You are my hero. loving hilarious. Though on one of the videos you had like an echo for your voice, gave it a crackly effect. :(

I really wish we still had a goon CS:S server. :(

*edit* Seems like there is a new one, QQQ - 207.154.199.13:27015, time to give that a try playing with myself.

*edit2* Server somehow went offline with me idling. :(

JerseyMonkey fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 29, 2008

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

LazyShell posted:

ANNOUNCER JIM

DO YOU EVER GET TIRED JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM?

That is loving amazing.

Oversized_Gidding
Jan 13, 2006
I occasionally very mildly grief people when I'm playing tf2, some people post quite a bit of personal information on their steam profiles, full names and interests and stuff like that, a lot of these people also find it pretty creepy when random people on the internet act like their best friends and go around calling them by their first name. Which makes this fun to do, it's kind of like the following people around gag except a little more stalkerish.

That and sticking to a good sniper for an entire game refusing to heal anyone else is pretty fun especially if people start complaining since this allows you to loudly and irrately complain about them being worse since they have lower scores, and hence being not as good for the team.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

100%BEEF posted:

Cute little vid and good soundtrack, but I really wish it had audio of you standing on that sniper's head. :D

victrix posted:

edit: Prime example - I *disabled* non-friend voicechat on XBL because I can't stand penis in my ear while gaming. I have negative feedback for trash talk/foul language. What.
Myself and a ton of goons play COD4 on XBL all the time, and one of the goons we regularly play with (who's also ridiculously good, especially in hardcore,) is a guy named Xachariah, who's deaf. literally. As in, can't hear you, no talking, deaf.

His avoided rating is crazy high, and almost all of his avoids are trash-talking ratings.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

coyo7e posted:

Myself and a ton of goons play COD4 on XBL all the time, and one of the goons we regularly play with (who's also ridiculously good, especially in hardcore,) is a guy named Xachariah, who's deaf. literally. As in, can't hear you, no talking, deaf.

His avoided rating is crazy high, and almost all of his avoids are trash-talking ratings.

Isn't that the same goon that made Sefsan eat crow in front of half of goonfleet on ventrillo once?

"Why the gently caress isn't that guy in the channel? I've given the same loving orders 20 loving times and he still hasn't done it! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't loving pod him back to loving empire! Etc. etc. etc."

"Dude, he's deaf."

"........oh."

Moetic Justice
Feb 14, 2004

by Fistgrrl

One More Sunday posted:

The second two are brilliant, but I think the link to the first one is broken. Youtube says it contains a malformed video ID :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOL4MGkH1w is the proper URL.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Amandyke posted:

362.6 billion isk destroyed so far?

Holy

Crap

The isk values aren't accurate, you can see in the About section that a Hulk is valued at 500 mil for example, when the real price for Hulks is probably more like 180 mil.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

GetWellGamers posted:

Isn't that the same goon that made Sefsan eat crow in front of half of goonfleet on ventrillo once?

"Why the gently caress isn't that guy in the channel? I've given the same loving orders 20 loving times and he still hasn't done it! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't loving pod him back to loving empire! Etc. etc. etc."

"Dude, he's deaf."

"........oh."

That was Suas. Xachar also had a sig for a while that was a child's crayon drawing of an ear in a circle with a line through it.

anagramarye
Jan 2, 2008

Array Age Man

quote:

Announcer Jim

The best thing in this thread so far, just for that voice.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sukael posted:

The best thing in this thread so far, just for that voice.

It's the echo that makes this so funny... I can't stop laughing.

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

GetWellGamers posted:

Isn't that the same goon that made [suas] eat crow in front of half of goonfleet on [teamspeak] once?

"Dude, he's deaf."

"........oh."

That was quite possibly the only time I ever heard suas not flip out at someone talking back to him, and I shall always treasure the memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

30 Second Artbomb posted:

That was quite possibly the only time I ever heard suas not flip out at someone talking back to him, and I shall always treasure the memory.

Hearing saus get piss-drunk and swear at every. single. loving. person. on the op was the only reason I played EVE as long as I did, considering my POS computer was a slideshow during any sort of fleet battle.

I cherish my Goonfleet shot glasses, for they truly represent what Goonfleet is all about.

• Locked thread