Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TenementFunster posted:

a speaker? a rack of DVDs?

sorry was a little unclear, i mean whats to the left of the speaker, why not put the sub there at a proper distance from the wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

Look at how studly I am:

yes I bi-amped the speakers whatever back off

Am I missing something here? Where is the other amp hidden?

Daddyo
Nov 3, 2000

TenementFunster posted:

a speaker? a rack of DVDs?

I think he means the mini-bazooka looking thing.

(ok, maybe not)

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004
Hazy with attendant thoughts

Legdiian posted:

The TX-SR606 supports bi-amping the two front channels by using the zone 2 outputs.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Legdiian posted:

If you run the TX-SR606 in 5.1 mode you have the option of having the unused 7.1 channel outputs (not the zone 2 outputs) bi-amp the front speakers. seeing as how the RTi8s have a maximum of 200w and the SR606 is 90w per channel I might as well give it a shot. Not that those speakers have any woofers, or anything.

Omegaslast posted:

i mean whats to the left of the speaker, why not put the sub there at a proper distance from the wall?
oh, good point. I'll give that a try.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Pibborando San posted:

TenementFunster, I think your speaker placement is fine, although a little wider spacing may help to create a larger more pleasing soundstage. And how were you going to fit the STF-2 behind your TV? It's pretty large. I'd suggest front corner placement if at all possible. Also, your surrounds should be at standing ear height, not sitting, or else they'll likely be too directional and overpowering.

Here's my college house setup again. We moved a couple things around because the 360's vertical orientation was causing disc read issues. The coffee table also looks a little more normal. And before you complain, I have dusted since taking these pictures. :blush:

edit: Another thing is I just, by ear, "recalibrated" the sub (VTF-2 Mk3) with some test tones and sweeps. Besides upping the volume ever so slightly, I lowered the crossover and switched the sub's phase from 0 to 180 degrees.

If you haven't messed with the phase of your subwoofer, I would definitely recommend doing so because it improved the response SO much. There was a very noticeable null near the crossover point, where the speakers take over. Inverting the phase has mostly eliminated the problem and the low end has much more visceral force now.

I can pretty easily simulate a decent earthquake in our house now.

edit2: For reference TenementFunster, my speakers are 64" from the center of each driver apart.

Where'd you get that stand? Most of the tempered glass stands I see look really bad, but I like that one. I need to replace my current homemade stand that I didn't design to carry the weight of my plasma.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Here are some pictures of my work in progress. I don't have many construction pictures but basically I turned my living room walls and ceiling into Swiss cheese to move all my components to a rack in the closet. While I was at it I installed a cove ceiling with 3 color led rope lighting and mounted my plasma on the wall. I'm especially proud because I did all the work myself and have never done anything like this before.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Devices shown :

- Pioneer PRO-1150HD
- PMC GB1 speakers (loaners until my OB1i and CB6i show up)
- Velodyne HGS-18

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Legdiian posted:

Here are some pictures of my work in progress. I don't have many construction pictures but basically I turned my living room walls and ceiling into Swiss cheese to move all my components to a rack in the closet. While I was at it I installed a cove ceiling with 3 color led rope lighting and mounted my plasma on the wall. I'm especially proud because I did all the work myself and have never done anything like this before.

Devices shown :

- Pioneer PRO-1150HD
- Velodyne HGS-18

Um. drat. That's cool as gently caress. The ceiling looks awesome and I love the paint choice.

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.

Legdiian posted:

Devices shown :

- Pioneer PRO-1150HD
- Velodyne HGS-18

That is NICE. Any chance we can get a picture of the lighting in action? Seriously, I'm really impressed by this.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
well legdiann posted a cool setup so im gonna have to post my setup..

its the "never going to have a gf setup :cool:"

and yeah i know the center channels totally hosed, i need to get a longer tv mount arm, or get a new stand altogether. I want to buy an emotiva XPA-3 so im probably just gonna go with the new arm since it will only run me $80 or so.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Omegaslast posted:

wow, that's pretty impressive! one question: why don't you put it out in your living room instead of next to your bed? it looks a bit crammed in there

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TenementFunster posted:

wow, that's pretty impressive! one question: why don't you put it out in your living room instead of next to your bed? it looks a bit crammed in there

Because i live with my parents :smithicide: (i tried to live on campus this year and i didnt get in, but i live 15 minutes away from the college so i said gently caress it i'll just live at home)

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Omegaslast posted:

and yeah i know the center channels totally hosed, i need to get a longer tv mount arm, or get a new stand altogether. I want to buy an emotiva XPA-3 so im probably just gonna go with the new arm since it will only run me $80 or so.

What's with your speakers, dude. I mean, seriously. Do they even fit through most hallways?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Omegaslast posted:

Because i live with my parents :smithicide: (i tried to live on campus this year and i didnt get in, but i live 15 minutes away from the college so i said gently caress it i'll just live at home)

High five. My case is more like I can't afford to live on campus ($7000 for dorms alone, so I can share a bathroom with an entire floor? Sign me up!)

Good to know I'm not the only lives-at-home-but-has-a-home-of-his-own TV setup.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

What does having comically overcompensating oversized speakers have to do with not having a girlfriend?

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances

Crustashio posted:

Where'd you get that stand? Most of the tempered glass stands I see look really bad, but I like that one. I need to replace my current homemade stand that I didn't design to carry the weight of my plasma.

I actually got it from a local McMahan's Furniture for $150. I like it but it's JUST barely wide enough to fit two regular sized pieces of A/V gear (~17" wide each) next to each other. I'm actually interested in replacing it with this. Just wish I still worked at Best Buy when that stand would have cost me $60.

Legdiian: Wow, very nice and clean. And good taste in gear too.

Omegaslast: Your setup makes me laugh, but in a good way. Are those the LS9's? We should start "Team Rosewood AV123 Speakers"

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Legdiian posted:

What does having comically overcompensating oversized speakers have to do with not having a girlfriend?

yeah i figure it will be viewed as overcompensating i mean when i got my VTF2 MKIII i got teased for that... :(

also girls just dont understand buying huge gently caress-off speakers

btw what dvd program is that?? looks like the kaleidascape software (which is like $20,000 or some poo poo) but hopefully it isnt... also what is that around the tv? a screen shield or something?

looking foward to your impressions of the PMCs... theyre intriguing speakers. remind me a lot of the company "ATC" and their design philosophies for some reason.

Pibborando San posted:

I actually got it from a local McMahan's Furniture for $150. I like it but it's JUST barely wide enough to fit two regular sized pieces of A/V gear (~17" wide each) next to each other. I'm actually interested in replacing it with this. Just wish I still worked at Best Buy when that stand would have cost me $60.

Legdiian: Wow, very nice and clean. And good taste in gear too.

Omegaslast: Your setup makes me laugh, but in a good way. Are those the LS9's? We should start "Team Rosewood AV123 Speakers"

nope "just" the LS6s, they are 6 feet tall i think, the LS9s are over 7 feet? i cant imagine having those. These are seriously ridiculous, if i had known they were going to be THIS fuckin big for my room i would have just went with my first decision. these: http://zaphaudio.com/ZRT.html. do i regret it? well when my LS6s hit 20hz with ease in some songs i just have a poo poo eating grin on my face, but when i have to climb around them to open a window i kind of just wonder what the hell i have these things in my room for.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 2, 2008

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

btw what dvd program is that?? looks like the kaleidascape software (which is like $20,000 or some poo poo) but hopefully it isnt... also what is that around the tv? a screen shield or something?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is a Kaleidescape system. The frame around the display is just something I put up so you don't see all the wires and poo poo when you first walk into the room. The wall is shared so I couldn't do a full flush mount.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Legdiian posted:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is a Kaleidescape system. The frame around the display is just something I put up so you don't see all the wires and poo poo when you first walk into the room. The wall is shared so I couldn't do a full flush mount.

drat, was hoping it was some htpc type stuff that just copied kaleidescape REALLY WELL. is my $20,000 mark off? more like $5,000ish?? does it do bit perfect copies of dvds video and audio or does it compress them?

about the tv frame.. i thought it actually encased the tv, kinda hard to tell whats going on since i assume you painted the wall black behind it.

this guy did something similar:
http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=28285

he used red which i liked but dont think that would fit with your room.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Legdiian posted:

Devices shown :

- Pioneer PRO-1150HD
- Velodyne HGS-18

That is extremely clean. It looks great.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Omegaslast posted:

drat, was hoping it was some htpc type stuff that just copied kaleidescape REALLY WELL. is my $20,000 mark off? more like $5,000ish?? does it do bit perfect copies of dvds video and audio or does it compress them?

about the tv frame.. i thought it actually encased the tv, kinda hard to tell whats going on since i assume you painted the wall black behind it.

this guy did something similar:
http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=28285

he used red which i liked but dont think that would fit with your room.

If you just want the DVD cover wall that is pretty easy to do in a lot of the HTPC apps. My XBMC skin I work on off and on uses a similar view. And I thought I was being original :( .

Not exactly the same, but you could get drat close in XBMC if you learn their skinning format and are good at picking up XML style formatting. Plus I think they accept python if you needed to script something.

Also Jesus Christ those speakers.

Juriko fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 2, 2008

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

MSRP on a KSERVER-1500, KPLAYER-6000 and (4) 1TB Drives is $16,470.00, so it's a little cheaper than you thought. It does perfect copies of DVDs with no compression.

I really wish I took more pictures of the install. Basically what I did was mount a Chief PLP Mount to the wall. I built a frame out of 1/2" x 8" wide pieces of MDF. The frame leaves about a 2" gap all the way around the plasma. I took some 2x4s and screwed them into the wall in a rectangle shape around the Chief bracket and then slid the MDF frame over the 2X4s and attached the frame to the 2X4s. I then took a single piece of 1/2" drywall and cut out a hole the size of the bracket and mounted the drywall to the 2X4s that were attached to the wall. Painted the whole thing flat black and mounted the plasma.

asari
Jul 8, 2008

Legdiian posted:

Devices shown :

- Pioneer PRO-1150HD
- Velodyne HGS-18

First off, your setup looks sharp, now i'm going to have to come by your place to watch lost. Second, you so made sure you had the Kal menu in one of your pictures didnt you?

asari fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 2, 2008

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Legdiian posted:

MSRP on a KSERVER-1500, KPLAYER-6000 and (4) 1TB Drives is $16,470.00, so it's a little cheaper than you thought. It does perfect copies of DVDs with no compression.

I really wish I took more pictures of the install. Basically what I did was mount a Chief PLP Mount to the wall. I built a frame out of 1/2" x 8" wide pieces of MDF. The frame leaves about a 2" gap all the way around the plasma. I took some 2x4s and screwed them into the wall in a rectangle shape around the Chief bracket and then slid the MDF frame over the 2X4s and attached the frame to the 2X4s. I then took a single piece of 1/2" drywall and cut out a hole the size of the bracket and mounted the drywall to the 2X4s that were attached to the wall. Painted the whole thing flat black and mounted the plasma.

It looks great, and is a good example of a wall mount done really well. I think one of the hardest parts with a wall mount is by mounting the TV on the wall it becomes a decorative element, and that means you can't just place it however you want, and how you place it depends a lot on the space and the walls and ceilings. The frame helps a lot. I will say the uneven spacing between the two photos and the display is distracting though.

What made you go with the Kaleidoscope setup?

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Juriko posted:

It looks great, and is a good example of a wall mount done really well. I think one of the hardest parts with a wall mount is by mounting the TV on the wall it becomes a decorative element, and that means you can't just place it however you want, and how you place it depends a lot on the space and the walls and ceilings. The frame helps a lot. I will say the uneven spacing between the two photos and the display is distracting though.

What made you go with the Kaleidoscope setup?

Thanks. You are right about the spacing on the photos. I'm thinking about moving "Blown Away" closer to the display so it's the same distance away as "Kate Moss". However when watching movies at night you can't even see the pictures so I might just leave them.

I went with the Kaleidescape because I got a *very* good deal on it. The company I work for is an authorized dealer and I paid less than dealer cost for it. I install/use these systems all day so naturally I want one at home! I did retain my trusty XBMC to watch all my TV shows as not to eat up expensive drive space on the Kaleidescape.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Legdiian posted:

Thanks. You are right about the spacing on the photos. I'm thinking about moving "Blown Away" closer to the display so it's the same distance away as "Kate Moss". However when watching movies at night you can't even see the pictures so I might just leave them.

I went with the Kaleidescape because I got a *very* good deal on it. The company I work for is an authorized dealer and I paid less than dealer cost for it. I install/use these systems all day so naturally I want one at home! I did retain my trusty XBMC to watch all my TV shows as not to eat up expensive drive space on the Kaleidescape.

Ahh I see. I guess from my perspective, aside from the sheer cost, I love having my DVD's shelved and handling disks. It is kind of silly really since it would be easier to get a few terabytes of networked storage and just serve it all on demand, but god I love it.

Even though with space getting cheaper I am still considering it.

thefuNkpuNk
Sep 4, 2003

thefuNkpuNk fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 14, 2009

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Juriko posted:

I love having my DVD's shelved and handling disks. It is kind of silly really since it would be easier to get a few terabytes of networked storage and just serve it all on demand, but god I love it.

Some key points on why I like the Kaleidescape Player.

- Space. 450 DVDs takes up alot of wall space.
- I don't have to worry about my roomate / nephews / nieces handling the DVDs
- Meta data. The fact that I can just load one of my DVDs and have it automatically download Hi-Res cover art, descriptions and details about the movie and cast is just awesome.
- Speed. Have you ever tried to watch a movie that has the FBI warnings, coming attractions, and animated menus so locked down that it takes like 5 minutes to get to the actual movie? No matter what the movie, I just pick it and hit play and I'm watching it in less than 3 seconds. (Full DVD menus are retained in case you want to browse thru the DVD.)
- Collections/Favorite scenes. This is probably one of the cooler features. While watching a movie I can start/stop "recording" a favorite scene and then save it and give it a name. You can even setup scripts that will automatically play a bunch of preselected scenes if you are demoing your system to friends or whatever.
- The cool factor. When you are browsing thru the cover art to find a movie and you stop and a second later all the covers are flying around reorganizing themselves based on an algorithm that puts similar movies together.... I mean that's just cool.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
How long did it take you to catalog all of your dvd's I only have around 150 right now and it seems like it would take forever with even that small amount.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

thefuNkpuNk posted:

This is interesting. In your professional opinion, how does XBMC perform as a legitimate media center (vs. a hobbyist toy)? Which of the two systems do you use more often? Do you see other people using XBMC as a legitimate component in their home theaters?

I love XBMC and I think it's better than just about all the commercial media players that are out right now. The problem is you need to have a fairly strong understanding of how it works and how to get new media onto it. Most mid-high end AV clients we have just simply don't want to deal with it. They love the Kaleidescape because it's just so easy. Press one button, put the DVD in and in 10-15 min it's on the server available anywhere in the house.

Right now I'm definitely using my Kaleidescape more, probably partially because it's new.

I'm not sure if you're asking if I *can* see people using these in their home theaters or if I *am* seeing them. I have yet to see a customer with an XBMC, mainly because like I said before, our customers just aren't the type of people that deal with that kind of stuff. I consider the XBMC a legitimate component in a home theater for the right person. I know that actual Video/Audio quality isn't quite up to what the Kal hardware can do, but for the price an XBMC can't be beat.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Juriko posted:

How long did it take you to catalog all of your dvd's I only have around 150 right now and it seems like it would take forever with even that small amount.

We have a 200 disc bulk loader that makes the task of loading dvds much more bearable. It reads 2 discs at a time and averages about 10-15min per disc.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Legdiian posted:

We have a 200 disc bulk loader that makes the task of loading dvds much more bearable. It reads 2 discs at a time and averages about 10-15min per disc.

The more I think about it the more I want one. In the end I will probably just do H.264 copies of the movie sans features.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Legdiian posted:

Some key points on why I like the Kaleidescape Player.

- Space. 450 DVDs takes up alot of wall space.
- I don't have to worry about my roomate / nephews / nieces handling the DVDs
- Meta data. The fact that I can just load one of my DVDs and have it automatically download Hi-Res cover art, descriptions and details about the movie and cast is just awesome.
- Speed. Have you ever tried to watch a movie that has the FBI warnings, coming attractions, and animated menus so locked down that it takes like 5 minutes to get to the actual movie? No matter what the movie, I just pick it and hit play and I'm watching it in less than 3 seconds. (Full DVD menus are retained in case you want to browse thru the DVD.)
- Collections/Favorite scenes. This is probably one of the cooler features. While watching a movie I can start/stop "recording" a favorite scene and then save it and give it a name. You can even setup scripts that will automatically play a bunch of preselected scenes if you are demoing your system to friends or whatever.
- The cool factor. When you are browsing thru the cover art to find a movie and you stop and a second later all the covers are flying around reorganizing themselves based on an algorithm that puts similar movies together.... I mean that's just cool.

Nice, glad to know you had employee discount so you didnt actually spend more on a kaleidescape setup than you did your tv and speakers (i consider those people even crazier than me).

I remember seeing a demo of kaleidescape at a magnolia hifi, and the whole "skipping FBI warning and stupid ads" part was definitely something i could see getting used to. the one thing i just dont get is why kaleidescape is dragging its feet getting into blu-ray... i guess because storage for that medium would cost through the roof, but still. im suprised theres even a big enough market for it when you have people that are spending $100,000+ on the newest and shiniest stuff for their home theater, would sacrifice a very noticeable improvement for the convenience factor of kaleidescape.

asari
Jul 8, 2008

Omegaslast posted:

Nice, glad to know you had employee discount so you didnt actually spend more on a kaleidescape setup than you did your tv and speakers (i consider those people even crazier than me).

I remember seeing a demo of kaleidescape at a magnolia hifi, and the whole "skipping FBI warning and stupid ads" part was definitely something i could see getting used to. the one thing i just dont get is why kaleidescape is dragging its feet getting into blu-ray... i guess because storage for that medium would cost through the roof, but still. im suprised theres even a big enough market for it when you have people that are spending $100,000+ on the newest and shiniest stuff for their home theater, would sacrifice a very noticeable improvement for the convenience factor of kaleidescape.

Well according to the Kaleidescape rep, they should have blu-ray support by the end of the year. Basically it's not them dragging their feet it's Sony not giving them the rights. In fact, Kaleidescape was sued a few years ago by the RIAA, but fortunately won the suit. Kaleidescape is a great movie server plus their tech support is one of the best I've had to deal with. You give them a serial number and they know every thing that server is doing or has done, including why it cant import a disk. It's like Kal is the A/V big brother.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

asari posted:

In fact, Kaleidescape was sued a few years ago by the RIAA DVD CCA, but fortunately won the suit.

Fixed.

asari
Jul 8, 2008

Legdiian posted:

Fixed.

meh, I knew RIAA was wrong but they are so sue happy i'd blame it on them.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.

asari posted:

Well according to the Kaleidescape rep, they should have blu-ray support by the end of the year. Basically it's not them dragging their feet it's Sony not giving them the rights. In fact, Kaleidescape was sued a few years ago by the RIAA, but fortunately won the suit. Kaleidescape is a great movie server plus their tech support is one of the best I've had to deal with. You give them a serial number and they know every thing that server is doing or has done, including why it cant import a disk. It's like Kal is the A/V big brother.

I'd question the truth of this. I doubt it's a sony based issue. Sony will get into huge anti-trust issues given the prior adjudication of the DVD CA case. It's a very similar license and the whole thing has been already been hashed. Now if it's a K doesn't want to pay the license premium or the fact that the technology is still rather expensive I understand that. But they are selling a $20K+ DVD archiving system... so I doubt they'd have trouble selling a $45k+ HD DVD archiving system. I just wouldn't be so sure it's exactly that Sony doesn't want them making the product.

All that said this is a hell of a luxury technology. I'd love to be able to store Blu-ray's on a massive hard disk array. My only hang up of the K system is that you can't use your own storage system. I would much rather use a multi-TB san that is far more robust and not pay the ludicrous premium of their 'propriatary hard disks' - I understand the server and the reader (well at least the server) but the hard disks are just crazy... like when Dell Charges $750 for a 1TB 7200rpm HDD.

-----
My Gear:
Samsung HL50A650 50" DLP (Lamp)
Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
DirectTV HD21-100 (Mpeg4, non DVR)
APC E350 UPS (30 minutes of backup - save lamp)
PS1

Gameday additions:
Samsung 19" LCD
Toshiba 27" CRT
2x DirectTV SD Receivers

Next Up:
Samsung 27" CRT to replace the Toshiba - not a purchase, just a swap - ETA 2 days.
AVR Receiver and speakers - ETA 12 months.

Edit: space reserved for my 'office area' - when I get back home to take a picture I will show this space too.

KennyG fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 3, 2008

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

KennyG posted:

I'd question the truth of this. I doubt it's a sony based issue. Sony will get into huge anti-trust issues given the prior adjudication of the DVD CA case. It's a very similar license and the whole thing has been already been hashed. Now if it's a K doesn't want to pay the license premium or the fact that the technology is still rather expensive I understand that. But they are selling a $20K+ DVD archiving system... so I doubt they'd have trouble selling a $45k+ HD DVD archiving system. I just wouldn't be so sure it's exactly that Sony doesn't want them making the product.

All that said this is a hell of a luxury technology. I'd love to be able to store Blu-ray's on a massive hard disk array. My only hang up of the K system is that you can't use your own storage system. I would much rather use a multi-TB san that is far more robust and not pay the ludicrous premium of their 'propriatary hard disks' - I understand the server and the reader (well at least the server) but the hard disks are just crazy... like when Dell Charges $750 for a 1TB 7200rpm HDD.

I don't find it surprising at all to think that they would be holding back. While HD-DVD was providing ways for MS to do networked media distribution the bluray group was telling them to gently caress off and refusing to support any standard, even a secured one, for home media distribution of their content. Bluray has proven time and time again they don't want to cooperate when it comes to home media setups other than one TV and a bluray player.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.

Juriko posted:

I don't find it surprising at all to think that they would be holding back. While HD-DVD was providing ways for MS to do networked media distribution the bluray group was telling them to gently caress off and refusing to support any standard, even a secured one, for home media distribution of their content. Bluray has proven time and time again they don't want to cooperate when it comes to home media setups other than one TV and a bluray player.

Edit:
It doesn'tshouldn't matter, in the US anyway. It's anti-trust legislation that will open it up. It will eventually fall to compulsory license.
Right now it's still a license

According to Blu-ray.info it doesn't make mention of prohibiting licensing by non tradition equipment/software manufacturers. It does however indicate a $60k license fee. However at a $1k premium per machine, you only have to sell 60 to pay for the license.

KennyG fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 4, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Brought my CB6i home today, still waiting on the new OB1i set. Didn't play with it too much tonight, but safe to say it sounds quite a bit better than the Cambridge Soundworks Center Stage it replaced.

That is the old furniture that used to house my equipment. It's only there to hold up the center channel until I pick out a center channel stand.