Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

Aerobic Robot posted:

ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgggspJ7jM&feature=related
GET ON THE BALL!

Haha my god that was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Aerobic Robot posted:

ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
GET ON THE BALL!
ahdahsjakdhkasjdhuahahahahahajkaja

I laughed so hard my stomach hurts.

I love the reply video where some guy tries to imitate him and fails only to run into a server where a guy responds by immediately spawning a giant pirate ship and playing some pirate jig while sailing around in it. :xd:

digitaldorkism
Dec 16, 2003

by Fistgrrl

Aerobic Robot posted:

ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
GET ON THE BALL!

That was amazing, I mean sure it's 3:00 am when I watched it but I bet it has the same impact no matter what time. It makes me want to install Garry's Mod.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the EVE graveyard yet.

In EVE online, when you die you leave a frozen corpse floating in space. You wake up in a clone inside a station, so you're usually not anywhere near your corpse to pick it up. Corpses don't do anything anyways, so even if you could there's really no reason to. (Exceptions are for corpses of major alliance leaders, which are highly-valued trophies; when someone recovered the corpse of LadyScarlet, an amazingly rotund and fragile commander of the RISE alliance mentioned earlier, bidding went into nine digits.)

Anyways, there are lots of corpses just left floating around, and they occasionally get cleaned out by the system but you still run into them. So one day a player gets the idea that she's going to create a "graveyard" for them, buying a whole bunch of small anchorable containers to use as space caskeets, stuffing a corpse in each, and dropping them in orbit around an out-of-the-way planet. Completely pointless, but interesting enough that the official in-game newsletter made a mention of it.

So of course Goons roll in there and blow it all to poo poo for laughs. Not just goons, but the sicide-griefing "Jihadswarm". I can only laugh at imagining the guy responsible for the in-game news: "Ji- Jihadswarm? Do I seriously have to write that out? Jihadswarm? Really?"

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.
I don't really know if this counts as "griefing," but I was playing Shadowrun on the 360 a few days ago and managed to get the host reverse kicked from the game.

I came into the game with a few of my friends, and we proceeded to team-kill our entire team, then just sat there. Our team called a vote and it failed, so they kept voting on me, so finally the other players got sick of the host whining and booted him. The best part: I got an achievement for 5:1 damage-to-kill ratio just from team killing!

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
I discovered two weekends ago that if you hold down a trigger button on the 360 controller in Rock Band, people on Live can hear what you're saying.

So, I fixed me up a glass of rum, set my vocals to easy (so it's drat near impossible to fail) and proceed to sing my own lyrics to the songs while matching the pitch of the original words.

I would sing songs making fun of my band mates, songs about raping inmates, songs about banging bandmates' mommas, all that stuff. I just picked up Rock Band 2, so now I have even more songs to have fun with.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Aerobic Robot posted:

ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
GET ON THE BALL!

Holy poo poo. The Sims music makes this.

"WATCH THIS" *house implodes*

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Aerobic Robot posted:

ARE YOU ON THE BALL?
GET ON THE BALL!
Holy poo poo that guy's relentless, that's loving fantastic! I kept busting out laughing again every time I thought I was getting bored.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This is very tame griefing compared to some of the stories in the thread (I'm not too big on it or very good at it really).

One day a fellow goon (Cola) and myself decided to go to a TF2 achievment whoring server - one where there is no chalenge just klling bots over and over to try and get the achievments for new weapons.

Our plan was to join the bot team and fight back for our defencesless buddies however sadly only Cola could join their team.
I could only grief my own team which limited my options a bit so I did this plan:

I noticed this area where bots spawned and bounced up and down crazily for some air-based killing achievment.
I found out if I went into there like the idiot I am I bounced up and down a lot too and it was bloody difficult to get out.

So I built a teleporter:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

People went in the teleporter!

They bounced around!

They couldn't get out without dying most the time which was hard as friendly fire was off and even if you had explosives it was hard to get them to hit youself.

Pretty tame as I said, but I don't enjoy griefing too much :shobon:

RoboJoe fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 13, 2008

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

RoboJoe posted:

Pretty tame as I said, but I don't enjoy griefing too much :shobon:

That was still pretty neat. I hope your buddy was using the place as a shooting gallery.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I just griefed my team on Team Sneaking in Metal Gear Online. The other team was stomping us anyways and I had died. So when you die, you can sometimes respawn as a ghost which the opposite team can see. So I located all of my teammates and I tried to get the attention of the team and then I led them to every single one of my teammates and let them kill them.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Back in the glory days of Halo 2 online, I had a group of friends I played with a lot. We got really good at the game - not pro gamer good, but good enough to stomp almost everything the game's matchmaking system could throw at us.

While this isn't really griefing, the reaction it got was pretty priceless. We were playing 4v4 ranked CTF on a very small map (Warlock? Wizard? something like that) and before the game started I got my team to agree not to fire a single shot the entire game. How did it end? We shut them out in flag captures but they beat us slightly in kills (thanks largely to a newer guy on our team), but overall we did really well.

For those who don't play Halo, when the round ends it gives you a post-game report with stats for each player and lets you talk to the other team. The smack-talk phase. Well these guys start going to it, and being the good sport I am congratulate them on their kills, but suggest they check the accuracy page (shows shots fired and hit % for each player). What they saw was 4 rows on the top of the score board filled with zeroes. There was a moment of silence, wherein I looked at the kill records. One of their guys had half as many kills as the lowest on our team, and his team was quick to notice this. The resounding "What the gently caress Donny? They weren't even shooting and you only got 6 kills!" was priceless. They were still in the middle of yelling at their friend when they left. Not only had we won the match, we had done so without shooting at all AND embarrassed the poo poo out of them.

Other memorable moments include getting 46 points in an 8v8 team deathmatch game without killing anybody at all, and five-capping neutral CTF in under a minute which resulted in the often quoted 8 year old exclaiming "I don't understand..."

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Company of Heroes is fun to grief on. I usually only do it when a group of players play against computers, because then things get really interesting.

I made an account called "bugasabug", on which I try and make people as snug as possible. I'd mention how snug I am before the game begins. The ideal game to play is to have it on high resources, 4v4, and human players on allies. I always choose American for this. The goal is to prevent friendly units from exited from their buildings, and preventing the British player from moving his HQ by placing down tank traps, sandbags and the like. You just block them off completely by making them snug with pillows and hard beds.

It's absolutely fantastic to see players go mental because their units can't exit the tiny room which the various tank traps and sandbags give them. What's even greater joy is having an absolutely overwhelming enemy bearing down on these players, and then remove the limitation, so then we all have to work together to rapidly build a force up and win.

It's like I allowed the computer ten minutes to get ready to attack us or something. I figure a challenge is needed for these players.

HORSE RAPER
Mar 21, 2004

by WorstAyatollahEver
Back when Diablo II was a relatively new and popular game, people used to grief each other through PvP all the time. You'd get hacked characters easily raping everyone, people tricking lower-level characters into going hostile and then killing them, people ganging up to repeatedly murder other characters so that they lost experience and money, you name it.

A friend and I soon discovered that you couldn't go hostile to someone if you or they were below a specific level. We created a level 1 Barbarian named Suicidetool on Battle.net, and proceeded to take turns being the only guy in all of Diablo II who roleplayed, and roleplayed ONLY.

The comedy potential in this situation comes from the fact that Diablo II has always had an absolutely terrible playerbase. Suicidetool would join a game, rant proudly about how powerful and feared he was, and then challenge people to duels (through chat, since he couldn't go hostile). When the inevitable "wtf shut up ur lvl 1 u cant go hostile" reply was given, he would loudly proclaim something along the lines of, "hear me, noble and powerful (but not as powerful as me, the most powerful lord of manliness) warriors! Gokubob1123 fears the enormous power of my sinews and is intimidated by my manly loins! But he is not to be mocked for his piteous whimpering, for I am indeed the mightiest conquerer that this land has ever seen!"

It was amazing to see how hard people flipped the gently caress out over that. All the ridiculously high-level nerds would become extremely offended that a level 1 player had dared accuse them of being weaker than him, and would angrily insist that Suicidetool gain levels until he could go hostile. We, of course, would reply, "nonsense, snot-nosed peasant! My skill has reached its peak! It is simply not possible for any being, man or god, to attain a level of skill greater than my own." Then Suicidetool would offer to show them his mighty blade, which of course turned out to be the lovely newbie sword, and would regale them with tales of the kings and dragons it had slain.

People went mental. In a single afternoon of playing, we managed to get four hosts to leave their own games to start new ones where our crazed babbling wouldn't drive out the other players, and over a dozen other characters logged out in frustration when we ran around in the midst of their duels, immune to their attacks due to our newbie status, screaming, "behold, pitiful mongrels! Your mightiest blows and curses are as rain upon the gazebo of my immortal perfection!"

Also, we imperiously commanded a level 60 Amazon to remove her extremely rare unique belt and give it to us, and she did. The cries of "DONT GIVE THAT 2 HIM U DUMB@$$" were priceless.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

HORSE RAPER posted:

Also, we imperiously commanded a level 60 Amazon to remove her extremely rare unique belt and give it to us, and she did. The cries of "DONT GIVE THAT 2 HIM U DUMB@$$" were priceless.

Haha, what. Did she think you were an NPC or something? That or she is waaaay too trusting for the internets.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Dolemite posted:

I discovered two weekends ago that if you hold down a trigger button on the 360 controller in Rock Band, people on Live can hear what you're saying.

So, I fixed me up a glass of rum, set my vocals to easy (so it's drat near impossible to fail) and proceed to sing my own lyrics to the songs while matching the pitch of the original words.

I would sing songs making fun of my band mates, songs about raping inmates, songs about banging bandmates' mommas, all that stuff. I just picked up Rock Band 2, so now I have even more songs to have fun with.

For future reference what button would that happen to be?

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

For future reference what button would that happen to be?

I was using the right trigger button to get people to hear me.

Nimbokwezer
Jan 12, 2004

When Everquest first came out, there wasn't much of a limit as to what the enchanter "illusion" spell could morph you into. The entire front facade to the entrance of Felwithe was considered one object, so you could morph into it. (GIS "Felwithe" for an idea of what it looked like - it was the ENTIRE structure). People could go around casting illusion to morph into the entrance, then go up to an adjacent part of the hill and get killed, leaving an exact decoy of the city's entrance. You could repeat this until the hills were surrounded with fake Felwithes, hopelessly confusing the newbies who didn't know how to use the /loc command to find the real city.

Donkeylips
Jul 15, 2002

UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX

Nimbokwezer posted:

When Everquest first came out, there wasn't much of a limit as to what the enchanter "illusion" spell could morph you into. The entire front facade to the entrance of Felwithe was considered one object, so you could morph into it. (GIS "Felwithe" for an idea of what it looked like - it was the ENTIRE structure). People could go around casting illusion to morph into the entrance, then go up to an adjacent part of the hill and get killed, leaving an exact decoy of the city's entrance. You could repeat this until the hills were surrounded with fake Felwithes, hopelessly confusing the newbies who didn't know how to use the /loc command to find the real city.

That's loving hilarious.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Nimbokwezer posted:

My favorite trick was challenging people to duels, landing a mez, and running around a corner. I would then drop a single piece of copper in a dark area, cast an illusion, and turn into the copper piece. Then I would pick up the copper and wait.

The mez would break and the person would come tearing around the corner, but I would be gone! They would usually run in circles for several minutes, unsuccessfully, until either conceding the duel or until I grew bored and started chain nuking them.

Other fun things to turn into: small patches of mushrooms, giant trees, torches/lanterns, coffins, looms, or whatever else might seem inconspicuous.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I Love You! posted:

My favorite trick was challenging people to duels, landing a mez, and running around a corner. I would then drop a single piece of copper in a dark area, cast an illusion, and turn into the copper piece. Then I would pick up the copper and wait.

The mez would break and the person would come tearing around the corner, but I would be gone! They would usually run in circles for several minutes, unsuccessfully, until either conceding the duel or until I grew bored and started chain nuking them.

Other fun things to turn into: small patches of mushrooms, giant trees, torches/lanterns, coffins, looms, or whatever else might seem inconspicuous.

Thats great! :haw:

essaywhutman
Dec 13, 2002

by Ozma
I've done the lost pilot grief so many times in Tribes and Tribes 2. It never got old.

My favorite times were playing the original Team Fortress in Quake. As an engineer you could take apart sentry guns of any other engineer on your team, and I would quite frequently. They would get pissed off an chase me around trying to hit me with their wrench and shotgun, but it would never do anything.

I would also play as a spy, change skins, and fake death on the basement elevator in Two Forts. I would position my body so my head would just barely sit off of the side of the elevator which would stop it from going all the way up. People would climb on, and the elevator would go all the way up, and back down without stopping at the top. I remember one time there were like four guys on it, trying to jump on top of each other to try to jump off near the top.

My favorite though was the sickness/observer bug. Basically if you were an observer in the game, and you were near someone who got infected by the medic, you could catch the sickness just by being near them. Then you could go an infect anyone on that team just by being near them, and they couldn't do poo poo because they couldn't see you. I remember a guy guarding the flag in the basement of Two Forts. I infected him and he freaked out. He just started blindly firing in every direction, and didn't stop until he died. It reminded me of that scene from Predator where everyone is firing into the forest not really knowing what they are trying to hit.

essaywhutman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 13, 2008

Pepperoncini
May 21, 2008

Not to be confused with pepperoni.
Ultima Online used to be the best game to grief people, atleast back when you could loot other players. I used to go to a dungeon and lure 10-15 mobs at the enterence and then hide to drop aggro. The next poor bastard to enter the dungeon would get insta killed. Que me revealing myself and looting all of the weapons, armor and goodies.

You could also trap people in your house, trap players in their own homes, trap monsters in other player's homes. Good times.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Nimbokwezer posted:

Druids could do the same thing with corpses while in treeform, and would "roleplay" planting a grove by filling a high traffic area with tree corpses.

Nimbokwezer
Jan 12, 2004

Donkeylips posted:

That's loving hilarious.
Once they nerfed it, you could still do the illusion/corpse trick with other things, like trees, to completely conceal things

Ultimate Online was even better for creative griefing, though, because it was openly PVP. There was a bug that allowed people to mine through the walls of their houses if they were adjacent to a mountain. People would set up macros overnight and just get tons of ore/ingots. Often times they would have a pack mule next to them to unload their stuff so they could walk along the wall and take advantage of multiple locations.

Well, unfortunately for them, the game designers for some reason decided that when you are standing next to a building wall, it should become translucent. You couldn't attack people through the walls, but for some reason you could use your bard skill (which controlled animals). I would roam the land with my bard, turning macro miner's pack mules against them through the walls of their houses. I can only imagine their confusion when they woke up the next morning, sat down at their computer hoping to see their pack full of ingots, only to find themselves dead inside their own home, with barely any ingots to show for it.

One of my favorite griefs was in the original counter-strike. I figured out that if you died with your radio command menu up, you could use it, even though it was no longer visible. You could also bring it back up and keep using it, even though you were dead. The sound of the radio command would originate from wherever your "ghost" was observing. If you locked onto an enemy, you could spam radio commands, completely giving away their position to any of your teammates who were nearby.

Jowogra
Jan 9, 2008

Pepperoncini posted:

Ultima Online....

I remember in Ultima Online we would lure people to a house a friend owned, with tales of money and stuff. Once they are inside, someone who was hidden would drop a barrel or something else infront of the door, and then lock it down (so they could not move it) and thus were trapped for us to either kill them quickly, or torment them.

I also remember on one of the test servers they had battles where you could choose a color to be part of, then fight other people, my friend had a small house next to the castle of an enemy, and we could spend hours killing people as they ran by. The ban list on the house would fill up in like 10 minutes as we would ban anyone who would try an enter. Or have fun summoning energy vortex or blade spirits inside the house ,then kicking them out so they would appear outside and go after random people.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I Love You! posted:

I would find rare-looking weaponary like an ice staff, go outside the entrance to Freeport, drop it, cast illusion, and then grab it again. I would then announce in OOC that I was dropping all sorts of unique items and that people had to grab them ASAP!

Enter about fifteen rat-bashing new guys all standing around this staff wondering why the hell they can't pick it up. A great deal of fun was had when I began spinning around on the spot and spewing insults at them.

I also disguised myself as a barrel by the orc camps in commonlands and thanked camping parties for saving me.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Pepperoncini posted:

Ultima Online used to be the best game to grief people, atleast back when you could loot other players. I used to go to a dungeon and lure 10-15 mobs at the enterence and then hide to drop aggro. The next poor bastard to enter the dungeon would get insta killed. Que me revealing myself and looting all of the weapons, armor and goodies.

You could also trap people in your house, trap players in their own homes, trap monsters in other player's homes. Good times.

I logged into my thief on UO Divinity today. I disguised myself and went to the Britain graveyard. Some bard had 258 gold on him so I stole it and ran back to town. I disguised myself again, dressed in newbie clothes, ran back to the graveyard, and started attacking skeletons and ghouls as the bard watched.

Some other guy came by and said he was quitting the shard and was giving away some stuff to newbies. I asked if I could have some money. The bard and I ran back to the bank with the quitter. He gated us to one of his houses at Ice Island and chatted a bit. It was a patio house. He decided to give the house on Ice Island to the bard, and his other house to me. So he gated us to Yew and he transferred his small empty house to me. Cool, I have a house now.

He gated us all back to Britain Bank. I hid and stealthed. The quitter threw up another gate and I followed after the bard and the quitter. We arrived at his house on Ice Island. I stealthed into the house and waited for the quitter to transfer the house to the bard. They chatted a bit inside for 10 minutes as I stood there hidden and waiting. As soon as the quitter recalled away, I stole the house key from the bard, killed him and then looted what I wanted to from the house.

Then I sold the key to some random guy for 15,000 gold.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Stokes posted:

I logged into my thief on UO Divinity today. I disguised myself and went to the Britain graveyard. Some bard had 258 gold on him so I stole it and ran back to town. I disguised myself again, dressed in newbie clothes, ran back to the graveyard, and started attacking skeletons and ghouls as the bard watched.

Some other guy came by and said he was quitting the shard and was giving away some stuff to newbies. I asked if I could have some money. The bard and I ran back to the bank with the quitter. He gated us to one of his houses at Ice Island and chatted a bit. It was a patio house. He decided to give the house on Ice Island to the bard, and his other house to me. So he gated us to Yew and he transferred his small empty house to me. Cool, I have a house now.

He gated us all back to Britain Bank. I hid and stealthed. The quitter threw up another gate and I followed after the bard and the quitter. We arrived at his house on Ice Island. I stealthed into the house and waited for the quitter to transfer the house to the bard. They chatted a bit inside for 10 minutes as I stood there hidden and waiting. As soon as the quitter recalled away, I stole the house key from the bard, killed him and then looted what I wanted to from the house.

You loving rule.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Stokes posted:

Oh god, I got the urge to install UO, again.

Tekninja
Dec 23, 2007
DIY Hacking Instructor

I Love You! posted:

You loving rule.

Being a thief on that game there were tons of opportunities for griefing.

There was a rather hilarious rule in the game that if you had GM (100 skill) stealing that you could steal ultra light weight objects in town, such as potions and other light weight items. On my rogue I would raise my karma by repeatedly casting bless on NPCs until my title was "The Kind Chance" (my character's name) and then sat at the bank advertising that I was in the market to buy house deeds. Once someone wanted to sel lone, I would cancel the trade, steal the deed from their backpack (since that is where objects landed once you cancel trades), and bank it before they knew what the hell was going on.

It was very easy to find people who wanted to get rid of deeds that they couldn't use since UO was short on real estate and you couldn't sell house deeds back to NPCs for the longest time.

Kind of a dick move, but I was a loving jerk as a teenager anyway.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Tekninja posted:

Being a thief on that game there were tons of opportunities for griefing.

There was a rather hilarious rule in the game that if you had GM (100 skill) stealing that you could steal ultra light weight objects in town, such as potions and other light weight items. On my rogue I would raise my karma by repeatedly casting bless on NPCs until my title was "The Kind Chance" (my character's name) and then sat at the bank advertising that I was in the market to buy house deeds. Once someone wanted to sel lone, I would cancel the trade, steal the deed from their backpack (since that is where objects landed once you cancel trades), and bank it before they knew what the hell was going on.

It was very easy to find people who wanted to get rid of deeds that they couldn't use since UO was short on real estate and you couldn't sell house deeds back to NPCs for the longest time.

Kind of a dick move, but I was a loving jerk as a teenager anyway.

Also, on one server I played they had some rare invisibility jewelry that would randomly drop from bigger monsters, they were kickass in pvp as you could hide directly on mount for short period of time and your enemies would gently caress up their bind while trying to reveal you. So, being tiny as gently caress and weighting only about 1 stone max thieves were all over the pvm tools on that shard. Actually, I made my all my wealth there with just fishing and pickpocketing flashy tamers. Also that server was good because being backstabbing, stealthy gently caress that ransacks your home and poisons your pets needed much skill, 110+ thief even could steal weapons and helmets from pubbies and sell them at redicilous prices back to them.

E: It's still online but with very small pop though and its full RP. But I love those kinds of shards because huge ammount of LARPING PUBBIE TEARS and pretty cool and original scripts. I maybe go back there when they finish pipe tobaccos and mounted cannons on ships. :black101:

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 14, 2008

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
There's a multiplayer game on the iPhone called Galcon, sort of like an RTS where you capture planets with ships.

Right at the start of a round you can launch 100% of your fleet right at somebody and essentially annihilate them, not completely wiping them out but severely crippling them and yourself as well. I've been going to servers and targeting whoever has the most wins, just trying to even stuff out. Robin Hood, if you will.

On the official forums I found a topic on it, and they're spergin' out discussing 'suicide bombers':

quote:

I plan on having fun. Surprisingly, I don't have fun when some idiot decides he's going to constantly attack me, therefore removing my ability to actually play the game in a normal fashion. What you're doing isn't being "robin hood." It's being a noob. You're an idiot, not robin hood.

Is that more clear for you, or would you prefer to tell me where you're from so I can make an area specific game reference since you can't wrap your mind around the concept of my last one?

I posted:

And really, if you are "looking to become a high ranked contender on the ranking" as the original post so deliciously put that's a pretty clear indication that your priorities are so far divorced from anything rational that I really have no compassion for whatever theories you have on what games 'should' be.

Gee, sorry you can't understand how for some people it's enjoyable to play a game well and therefore have a high rank that isn't messed up by people playing with no purpose aside from making you lose. Maybe one day you'll find something that you're good at, aside from making idiotic remarks on a forum, and you'll actually enjoy it. Until then I guess you'll probably stick to irritating people who are actually playing the game for the designed objective of "winning," which is, apparently, a pretty foreign concept to you.
:3:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You should've asked why he lost to you if he's so good.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I usually just respond to posts like that with "LOLOL ur ships died", it makes people even angrier.

The funny thing is I'm one of those people that takes games ultra seriously, except the parts I take most seriously all involve wrecking other peoples' poo poo.

It's great.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a 4 player game. I'm not winning these games, just completely locking one player down and preventing them from winning.

JawnV6 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 15, 2008

BonerJams 03
Sep 11, 2001
It’s a mixtape of all my favorite boner scenes in the summer of 2003

whsa posted:

in dod_anzio, it was possible to drop a grenade in a certain place that would massacre players way out of reach of the regular explosion radius, this was usually deemed acceptable.

This was also true on Avalanche. You could toss a nade from the church down the corridor where the allies spawn and land a nade in a corner against a wall that would then kill everyone in and around that choke point. We used to have 100 and 200+ pt games with that one..

Donkeylips
Jul 15, 2002

UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX
So for anyone who plays Warhammer Online, I had a realization.

As we all know, the mail system sucks horribly. It takes around 10-30 seconds to delete a message, and it's a pain in the rear end, you have to delete stuff one by one, etc.

However, it is much easier to send stuff on the mail now. Also, if you get 100 messages you can't get more until you delete your messages one by one.

If someone makes me mad, I've started sending messages containing just their names in the subject, as I don't really care to send individual crap as much as consume their time. To add to this I occasionally add one brass coin (this adds another painfully timeconsuming step as it asks you whether or not you want to delete it) or if you check it, you have to wait another 30 seconds to get the brass coin.

It's pretty simple, costs 30 brass (which is pretty much nothing when you're hitting late game) and you know that if you fill their mailbox, they'll have to have a full mail box or delete them.

It's pretty much a minor inconvenience, but god the mail system in that game pisses me off.

Donkeylips fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 15, 2008

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM
Anyone know of any griefable browser games (e.g. Flash games)? My Internet connection is limited to Uni computers right now and I'm craving pubbie tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

clamiam posted:

Anyone know of any griefable browser games (e.g. Flash games)? My Internet connection is limited to Uni computers right now and I'm craving pubbie tears.

Habbo Hotel is fairly griefable. Especially by blocking paths.

• Locked thread