Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Looking to trade my Catalinbread V8 Fuzz. Perfect condition except for the velcro on the back, still have the box. Open to any pedals, especially fuzzes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimulClassPower
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbotSD
M-Audio Firewire Solo plus 6-to-4 Firewire cable. Great unit. Used but works perfectly. Creates "good demo quality" tracks for guitar and vocals up to 96kHz. Only selling because I've upgraded and I'd like to cut a goon a deal.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOFWSOLO

US$90 plus shipping or will do a straight trade including shipping for a shallow 4-space Gator or SKB rack case.

Shipping will be a lot cheaper if you can supply your own 12V/1 amp wall wart or do Firewire bus power.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Probably a bit of a long shot but I'm kind of half looking for an Ibanez RG7621 or Schecter Diamond C-7 in white to trade for my RG1527. I'd probably need cash on top of the guitar (like £50 or something) depending on condition/mods. The RG1527 currently has no pickups installed and the bridge isn't setup. I can either ship it with the stock pickups, a new set of strings and a new set of trem springs, or reinstall the stock pups and set up the bridge with the old strings. I'd give consideration to any fixed bridge 7.

Stux fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 30, 2008

Flame Top
Oct 10, 2008

Flame Top posted:

Got a Marshall 9001 valve pre-amp that I'd like to trade for an interesting pedal(s?).

Sounds great but I can't find a footswitch for it.

I'm in the UK.

Re posting this because it's still gathering dust in my room but deserves a good home. I'd be happy with a straight swap for a snarling dogs wah or sell for £80.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
I have a Parker P-40 in black that I'd like to sell. I just recently bought it but much prefer playing my acoustic guitar and would like to sell it in order to get some money to put towards a nicer acoustic. Is anyone interested?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I have a 6 month old, rarely used, Behringer Xenyx 1622FX 16 channel Mixer (w/ USB and effects) that I no longer need.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-1622FX?sku=631271

I'd like to trade for a 49/61 key Maudio midi controller, a KORG Padkontrol, or a usb sound card of some sort, like an Maudio fast track pro.

Baldrik
Apr 18, 2006

I never forget a pushy
I have a Fender Strat that I never EVER play and it was pretty much an impulse buy about 4 years ago and it's been sitting around my place ever since. I don't even remember what I paid for it then, and I have no idea what it would be worth now and figured that maybe I could get a rough estimate from you musical Goons. I'm looking to sell it locally because I'm squeamish about packing a guitar to ship, but any good offer could motivate me to work it out.

It's Maroon, like a purple color.

There are a few light scratches on the back.

There is a small gash on the upper side about 1/4" long.

From the serial number I was able to determine that the guitar was probably made in 2000-2001, but I don't know really.

Any help in determining what I could get for this would be awesome, and any offers will be considered, possibly a trade for a good acoustic would be neat as well. I'd like to just throw this on craigslist or something, but any advice on the best place to sell this would be great. I can take more pictures if needed.

valve
Sep 29, 2007
That's well Jackson
Having a bit of an unused gear clearout, so here goes:

Jackson DX7

Click here for the full 576x768 image.

Great condition, just not used anymore.

Marshall JCM900 4100 (100w Dual Reverb)

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

Again, great condition, currently only has a pair of working valves, so is running at 50w, but I can get some others if you'd like.

Looking for a tube poweramp (something like peavey classic) or some cool pedals, or maybe some rack bits for the guitar (or £225 if you want to buy it), and a Sovtek Mig for the 900, although you can have it for £350. If you've got anything cool (not really interested in any guitars or big amps though), then i'll consider it. This is open to people in the London, South East area (UK), i'm willing to deliver, just post your interest in this thread, and i'll get back to you :)

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Baldrik posted:

...strat...
nevermind, finally loaded. nice strat.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
I would advertise that strat for about $250 if it was mine and expect to probably be haggled down somewhat. Since it's got only minor cosmetic damage and seems in very good shape I'd be hesitant to let it go under $200 but depending on the used market where you are maybe you won't get that much. You can buy a new one for $400: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

The colour you have is called midnight wine. Advertise it as a "mexican strat" or "mexi-strat" so people will know what you're talking about - Fender makes various models of strat. Apologies if it sounds like I'm talking down to you here, I'm just assuming from your post you don't know anything about guitars.

DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh
Testing the waters here.

I've got a Fender DT-412 cabinet that I'd be willing to part with for some cool pedals or an odd instrument. When I say odd instrument I mean banjos/lap steels/theremins/resonator ukuleles, etc etc. This is a GREAT cab and it has served me well. It's loaded with 4 Celestion GT-12s, fully broken in and in good condition.

The retail value is about $600, trade value is probably ~$425-$450.

So...anyone interested in a great cab? Make me an offer!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
NI Guitar Rig 2 Rig Kontrol Edition
Traded to Impper

Fender Super 60 60w Combo Tube
Sold on Craigslist

Fender DG20-CE Acoustic/Electric Guitar
Traded for Ibanez SZ320EX on Craigslist

Giannini Brazil Series GWNM4 Classical Guitar
Traded to Impper

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 15, 2008

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

TheDingo posted:

I'm pretty open to anything that does say Squier or isn't a Mexi-strat.

Did you mean to say doesn't say Squier?

Thoogsby fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 5, 2008

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Thoogsby posted:

Did you mean to say doesn't say Squire?

I think he meant "doesn't say Squier."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoogsby posted:

Did you mean to say doesn't say Squire?

No, it's actually "Squier."

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Scarf posted:

No, it's actually "Squier."

Fixed it. Wasn't referring to the spelling I just want to know if he actually wants a Squier or specifically doesn't want one because I'm drooling over that acoustic.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh, oops.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Interest check: Pod XT.

It's in perfect condition, comes with everything, boxed, I'll deregister it so you can add it to your own Line6 account.

I paid £80 for it, so I'd like that much, plus whatever shipping costs.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
STILL looking to sell my talkbox... Please don't make me resort to ebay :(

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

dancehall posted:

I think he meant "doesn't say Squier."

That is correct and fixed.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

TheDingo posted:

That is correct and fixed.

What are you looking to get for the guitar? I have a few things I could trade but nothing that you mentioned (except a Squier :downs:)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

What are you looking to get for the guitar? I have a few things I could trade but nothing that you mentioned (except a Squier :downs:)

Honestly I'm just looking for cash or a "soloist" style electric (ie thin neck, maybe Rose bridge, etc), though I would also consider other non-Strat styles (nothing personal, just looking for something different than what I have). In a perfect world I could combine 2-3 of these items in a trade. I was already in talks with a couple of people on Craigslist (one for a US Strat, the other for a Chinese LP knock off) but they both disappeared in standard Craigslist fashion...

Impper
May 10, 2003

TheDingo posted:

Giannini Brazil Series GWNM4 Classical Guitar

Click here for the full 592x800 image.

The Giannini GWNM4 is a unique sounding, warm classical guitar from their esteemed Brazil series. This guitar has some dings around the edges but has plenty of good playing left.

How much for this?

Also, don't know if you'd want it, but I have a Dean Palomino and an EHX POG for trade.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Impper posted:

How much for this?

Also, don't know if you'd want it, but I have a Dean Palomino and an EHX POG for trade.

PM sent.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

TheDingo posted:

Honestly I'm just looking for cash or a "soloist" style electric (ie thin neck, maybe Rose bridge, etc), though I would also consider other non-Strat styles (nothing personal, just looking for something different than what I have). In a perfect world I could combine 2-3 of these items in a trade. I was already in talks with a couple of people on Craigslist (one for a US Strat, the other for a Chinese LP knock off) but they both disappeared in standard Craigslist fashion...

How much are you looking to get for it?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

How much are you looking to get for it?

Sorry, it's gone. Traded it for an Ibanez SZ320EX today.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

TheDingo posted:

Sorry, it's gone. Traded it for an Ibanez SZ320EX today.

Can you tell me where you got that hardcase? I really like it.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Looking for: Any distortion pedals out there? Chorus pedals? Flangers? EHX Mistress, EHX Big Muff or Little Big Muff preferred. What ya got? Can be for bass too.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Schatten posted:

Looking for: Any distortion pedals out there? Chorus pedals? Flangers? EHX Mistress, EHX Big Muff or Little Big Muff preferred. What ya got? Can be for bass too.

I've got a LBM that I don't really use. I've been looking for a cool cat fuzz if you've got one.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

Can you tell me where you got that hardcase? I really like it.

I bought it with the guitar from a neighborhood music shop about 13 years ago (now I feel old). It was a no-namer. It was a pretty good case, but honestly you could get the same quality out of most other hard dread cases out there.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Schatten posted:

Still got my Catilinbread V8 fuzz if you're interested.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

hamaien posted:

Still got my Catilinbread V8 fuzz if you're interested.

And I've still got my Boss SYB-3 if anyone is interested. Make an offer!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Schatten posted:

I found an old Ibanez SM-7 Smashbox in my closet!

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!
Oh, why the hell not?

I have a BC Rich NJ Series Ironbird in blueburst with hardshell case sitting around in my office that hasn't seen the light of day in a couple years. The arm on the floyd rose is a bit roughed up and it's missing the knobs (I put them on an epi v that I put EMGs and sperzels on). I'll see what I can do about pics, but the guitar is in pretty good shape considering the complete destruction of paint I'm used to seeing on most used BC Riches.

Honestly, I'll consider any interesting trades.
I could maybe be talked into a whammy IV in good shape

EDIT: I'm in the greater pittsburgh area

IcedPee fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 9, 2008

Dr. Ess
Jul 8, 2005
Doctor of sensuality or initials of a wee college lad?
Alright, I'll play.

I'm sitting on a 1972 Maestro Echoplex and an Ampeg VL 502. I'm looking for an Ampeg VL 1002 or maybe a Crate Stealth 100. I'd prefer the Ampeg. I'm hoping someone with a 1002 would prefer the 502 and some cash, but I could be convinced part with the Echoplex for one of those amps or the cash to cover one ($450, give or take).

I'll re-evaluate the rest of my gear and see what else is worth trading, but I am a pack rat supreme. So it might not go too well.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
SA-Mart Crosspostin'

Micron, PK5, SX jazz, Markbass CMD121P combo

Bunch of sweet stuff, just got a little bit overextended with wedding coming up :(

timato
Dec 8, 2004
Why does jesus rock so hard?
Presonus Inspire 1394 Firewire recording interface.

]

Looking to trade for a USB recording interface, a wah, a Whammy, or anything else related to the creation of music.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Stux posted:

Probably a bit of a long shot but I'm kind of half looking for an Ibanez RG7621 or Schecter Diamond C-7 in white to trade for my RG1527. I'd probably need cash on top of the guitar (like £50 or something) depending on condition/mods. The RG1527 currently has no pickups installed and the bridge isn't setup. I can either ship it with the stock pickups, a new set of strings and a new set of trem springs, or reinstall the stock pups and set up the bridge with the old strings. I'd give consideration to any fixed bridge 7.

This helps you in no way, but I just sold a C7+ (black) and an RG7620.

I am now thinking of letting my Universe go. This is the UV7BK. I bought it as you see it, some small to medium damage on the upper horn/body, but otherwise in very good shape, with the original hardshell case. Number lock is broken on the case. I do not have the whammy bar, unfortunately, as it didn't come with one. Also didn't come with the back cover for the springs. There is a disturbingly similar one on eBay right now, but it isn't mine.

(more pics available)

I'm looking for something odd: I have a friend that does hot-rod pinstriping, which I really want to stick on a guitar, and it would look god-awful on my current git-fiddle. I need something with a flat finish. I'd like a Les Paul (I'm thinking the Voodoo is cool, but I can't find one to play), or maybe the Schecter Exotic. I don't know, I'm confused and need help. Cash is always good, too.

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

1973 Marshall MK II Super Lead 100w Plexi Head - HANDWIRED

I would like to sell this, but will entertain trades. Let me know what you have or make a reasonable offer.

This amp was built in 1973 and it is based on the legendary 1959 Super Lead Plexi design. Amp was sent to Mr. David Bray, who performed a "Mod One" with the post-phase inverter master volume modification on it, which is totally reversible if you so desire. This modification involves using one of the rear speaker outputs to mount a MASTER VOLUME control. If you've never had the opportunity to play one of these, you are going to be AMAZED! This master volume control lets you max out both gains on the front panel and control the main output seperately. That means you get full-volume Marshall tone at bedroom volume levels.

Here's a link to the David Bray website so you can hear what his mods sound like:

http://www.davidbrayamps.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Daughter posted:

1973 Marshall MK II Super Lead 100w Plexi Head - HANDWIRED

I would like to sell this, but will entertain trades. Let me know what you have or make a reasonable offer.

This amp was built in 1973 and it is based on the legendary 1959 Super Lead Plexi design. Amp was sent to Mr. David Bray, who performed a "Mod One" with the post-phase inverter master volume modification on it, which is totally reversible if you so desire. This modification involves using one of the rear speaker outputs to mount a MASTER VOLUME control. If you've never had the opportunity to play one of these, you are going to be AMAZED! This master volume control lets you max out both gains on the front panel and control the main output seperately. That means you get full-volume Marshall tone at bedroom volume levels.

Here's a link to the David Bray website so you can hear what his mods sound like:

http://www.davidbrayamps.com/

I have a question. How does that allow you to get the "full Marshall tone" at bedroom volume levels? Is the master volume some kind of resisting attenuator, or is it just a potentiometer? Is it an installed master volume as we think of it in modern circuits, which attenuates the signal between the preamp and the power amp, or is it a genuine attenuator which allows you to get the power tubes cooking (since that's pretty much central to the "full Marshall tone")?

Sorry to bother you, but that matters a lot to me...

Edit: Reading his description on the site, it definitely seems to be a traditional potentiometer master volume control before the power amp, although there might be more to the circuit than that if it has some kind of tonal impact (or there might not - hard to tell without seeing what he's actually doing). So it's kind of like the "master volume controls" you can buy on eBay, where it's a pot wired up in a box to go in your effects loop - doesn't actually impact the power amp.

BUT, on an amp like that, which normally wouldn't have any ability to just get the preamp cooking on its own without a modification, I can definitely see it adding some tonal flexibility. Individually adjusting the preamp gain and the amplitude of the post-preamp signal is what modern amps allow you to do, and it's helpful in dialing in the right level and right kind of dirt. I guess that'd be useful on a Plexi, too.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 11, 2008