Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
It also seems useful since it'll make it easier to set the volume somewhere between 0-1 when you're not playing on the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

ZombiePeanut posted:

It also seems useful since it'll make it easier to set the volume somewhere between 0-1 when you're not playing on the moon.
As a former master volume 50W JCM800 owner...This.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Okay, my Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash was stolen last night after our show. So if anybody wants to trade me one of those for that Universe I posted, that would be just loving swell.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

shoncook posted:

Okay, my Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash was stolen last night after our show. So if anybody wants to trade me one of those for that Universe I posted, that would be just loving swell.

Just ring your insurance company and buy a new one?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Stux posted:

Just ring your insurance company and buy a new one?

Most insurance companies don't let you cover commercial equipment (like an instrument you're gigging with) under homeowners or renters. It's worth a shot, but that's what musicians insurance is for. :(

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

warwick5s posted:

Most insurance companies don't let you cover commercial equipment (like an instrument you're gigging with) under homeowners or renters. It's worth a shot, but that's what musicians insurance is for. :(

Well, I'm a dumb poo poo and don't have renters, and have never thought of musicians insurance.

The lovely part is I need a new drat guitar before Friday since we have a show. Yay for settling, or either borrowing one and waiting.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Baldrik posted:

I have a Fender Strat that I never EVER play and it was pretty much an impulse buy about 4 years ago and it's been sitting around my place ever since. I don't even remember what I paid for it then, and I have no idea what it would be worth now and figured that maybe I could get a rough estimate from you musical Goons. I'm looking to sell it locally because I'm squeamish about packing a guitar to ship, but any good offer could motivate me to work it out.

From the serial number I was able to determine that the guitar was probably made in 2000-2001, but I don't know really.

Any help in determining what I could get for this would be awesome, and any offers will be considered, possibly a trade for a good acoustic would be neat as well. I'd like to just throw this on craigslist or something, but any advice on the best place to sell this would be great. I can take more pictures if needed.

I'm in the market for an electric, what are you looking for CASH MONEEZ?

Luna fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 14, 2008

Luna
May 31, 2001

timato posted:

Presonus Inspire 1394 Firewire recording interface.

]

Looking to trade for a USB recording interface, a wah, a Whammy, or anything else related to the creation of music.

I don't have anything to trade, but would you be willing to sell it?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Also looking to trade/sell my Presonus FP-10 firewire interface. I can throw in a PCI firewire card as well if needed. Make an offer.

Luna
May 31, 2001

hamaien posted:

Also looking to trade/sell my Presonus FP-10 firewire interface. I can throw in a PCI firewire card as well if needed. Make an offer.

I'm interested in this. email is jdluna@gmail.com

Luna fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 15, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Would anyone be interested in a very lightly used Epiphone Valve Jr. (head and cab)? It works great but I just don't think it's the amp for me, it breaks up VERY early if you're into that kind of thing. Would like to sell if possible rather than trade, but I'm open. I can upload pictures if anybody wants.

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

I have a pretty much brand new Big Muff Pi and I'd be willing to trade it if someone has a nice cruncy sounding distortion pedal

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

K-Flow posted:

I have a pretty much brand new Big Muff Pi and I'd be willing to trade it if someone has a nice cruncy sounding distortion pedal

Only thing I have is a Bad Monkey which is an overdrive. But how much do you want for the Big Muff Pi? Is it the Russian Pi?

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm moving soon and need to unload my Sunn 4x12 cabinet. It's in good condition-manufactured in the late 1970s. It still has the original speakers and they still rip-there is tons of low end, and they handle high gain very well with little breakup at medium-high volumes. These have also been known to be used as bass cabinets, again because of the insane low end. The only flaws are rips and scuffs in the tolex-these are only aesthetic blemishes, though. Not bad for a 30+ year old cab. It comes with heavy duty recessed handles and casters.

Tech specs-160w, 8ohm, 412L (front loaded/straight cab)

What I need-any 2x12 cabinet. I'm moving soon, and unfortunately the Sunn won't fit in my car, and there's no way I'm taking it 2000 miles across the country hanging out of my trunk. I'm open to offers on anything, really, but something with V30s or Eminence Legends would be preferred. I'm located in Mequon, WI-I'll ship this cab at your expense. You can contact me at mschawla@uwm.edu, or post in this thread.

metalhead fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 21, 2008

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
I have:

1. Sabian HHX Evolution 18-inch crash. Retails for $305.

2. Sabian HHX Evolution 10-inch splash. Retails for $140.

Both are in great shape and sound amazing. These are professional-level cymbals. PM me or e-mail me at superporpoise @ gmail . com if you're interested. I've sold a fair amount of cymbals over the internets with positive results. I've also sold a ton on SAmart. Make some offers!

grahm fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 21, 2008

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can't believe I'm listing this so soon after picking it up, but I just stumbled across the Bogner Alchemist and I've got some serious GAS! If I could afford to keep the Mesa I would, but alas I am a poor college student and that's simply not possible. This amp was too much for me anyway-I'm not currently in a band and this is far too loud and over the top to use in a bedroom/dormitory. That said, this thing sounds seriously good when cranked. Like, SERIOUSLY good. If you're looking for a loud, tight amp with the signature recto grind, this is for you.

This deal does NOT include the Bigfoot rectifier footswitch. They can be picked up on ebay for $50-75. I have adjusted the price of the amp accordingly.

Currently there are JJ E34Ls in the power section-these mimic the tight/low end qualities of 6L6s but retain the rich, harmonic midrange normally associated with standard EL34s. They are approximately 5 months old and have lots of life left in them. I only pushed the amp up to high volumes 3 or 4 times and I never used a hotplate with it. Very cool tubes! The preamp section is tubed with hi gain JJ ECC83Ss in V1, V2, and V3, a standard in V4, and a balanced in V5. These tubes are approximately 8 months old and also have plenty of life left in them. The rectifier tubes are stock (I never really used them).

I am located in Mequon, Wisconsin (53092) and will ship at buyers expense. You can email me at m3ta1head.tgn@gmail.com.

$1090 OBO + shipping. Local pickup/money order preferred. Please note that I will NOT accept paypal for this transaction, as the fees will take far too much of a chunk out of the payment.

I am really looking to get a Bogner Alchemist, but feel free to send me trade offers anyway. Just don't feel bad if I turn them down. :unsmith:

VISMAL
Aug 30, 2006
Any one looking to trade anything for a rarely used microKorg? I am intested in almost anything but would like to trade for an Alesis Micron. Any offers ?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

VISMAL posted:

Any one looking to trade anything for a rarely used microKorg? I am intested in almost anything but would like to trade for an Alesis Micron. Any offers ?

I am also attempting to trade a microKorg for a micron or anything else of similar value, so there's two available then!

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

pennywisdom posted:

The SG in the OP is till up for trade. I really want a strat, but a gretsch hollowbody will do as well. Or anything as old/beatup really.
I still have my Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollowbody (see it on the first or second page). I don't know how much you're wanting for the SG (do you still have it?) but I'd love to trade. It's got GFS pickups in it so that pumps up the value to somewhere between $350 and $400 if I held out. I know I know you have a classic SG. But hey, it don't hurt to ask.

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
Looking to trade a barely used Roland SP-555 looper/sampler for some combination of MIDI controller and cash. Email me: dopo28 at gmail dot com.

Dopo fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 26, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I'm trying to downsize my pedal collection since I've gone digital-shmigital, so I'm going to put out a few lures and see if there are any bites. Some unique ones first.

For now, I'm interested in selling or trading my Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah, which has all of the original packaging and paperwork (including the free George Lynch Guitar Dojo thingamajig). Only 250 of 'em made for American sale, and highly limited quantities worldwide. This is the best sounding wah that I have ever used, but I am afraid to use it because I think of it as too much of a collectible. Hopefully a prospective buyer would either want it just as a collectible, or not be afraid of stepping on things that other folks collect. Either way, it'd be a better fit than me, who is not a collector and who loves the sound of the wah, but yet feels strangely unwilling to put my shoes to use.

What else... How about my Aramat Mojo Fuzz? This one is a real gem, a hand-wired Fuzz Face-based pedal with some tweaks, built around what Keith insisted are NOS germanium transistors. Past tense, the guy passed away a few months back, unfortunately... But he made outstanding stuff while he was alive. This is a fantastic pedal, easily the best Fuzz Face-type I've ever played. An extra feature over the regular Fuzz Face is the "Mojo" knob, which is a sort of additional gain control that affects when and how intensely the pedal clips, and alters the fuzz character. High mojo and high Fuzz settings gives a sputtery, square wave spittin' sound that's still on the side of "controllable" compared to, say, a Fuzz Factory. Any range of fuzz textures are available from this excellent pedal, and you can utterly control the output with your volume knob and/or picking intensity. Germanium sounds lovely but you'll also get to know how cantankerous it can be. Try putting the pedal in your freezer for an ultra high-gain fuzz sound, for about 5 minutes or until it warms up.

Finally (for now) I will take offers on a Zoom Tri-Metal in very good condition, with the original box and warranty card (which of course is of no use to anybody, but hey, it's there). If you don't know about the Zoom Tri-Metal, check it out on Harmony Central user reviews. It's heavy as hell, all analog, quiet as a mouse... It's everything a Boss Metalzone should be, if the engineers at Boss were into heavier music. Note: Does not sound like a Boss Metalzone. If you've ever had the chance to play this pedal, then you know that brutal high gain can come from a little metal box.

magnificent7 posted:

I still have my Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollowbody (see it on the first or second page). I don't know how much you're wanting for the SG (do you still have it?) but I'd love to trade. It's got GFS pickups in it so that pumps up the value to somewhere between $350 and $400 if I held out. I know I know you have a classic SG. But hey, it don't hurt to ask.

I was certain this was going to be some newbie to guitar who didn't get it, but then I saw that it was you. I have a feeling you will soon learn the audacity of "nope." Still, characteristically ballsy of you to ask :q:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

magnificent7 posted:

I still have my Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollowbody (see it on the first or second page). I don't know how much you're wanting for the SG (do you still have it?)

I have it now. :o:

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Oops!

Should I start a new thread? it's getting a bit confusing in here.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Agreed posted:

Finally (for now) I will take offers on a Zoom Tri-Metal in very good condition, with the original box and warranty card (which of course is of no use to anybody, but hey, it's there). If you don't know about the Zoom Tri-Metal, check it out on Harmony Central user reviews. It's heavy as hell, all analog, quiet as a mouse... It's everything a Boss Metalzone should be, if the engineers at Boss were into heavier music. Note: Does not sound like a Boss Metalzone. If you've ever had the chance to play this pedal, then you know that brutal high gain can come from a little metal box.

It's a long shot, but these are rare, so would you be able to look up shipping to Ireland? The euro is still doing well, I'm curious as to how frightening s&h would be.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

pennywisdom posted:

Oops!
Should I start a new thread? it's getting a bit confusing in here.
Just modify your original post to say that you traded it to a lefty who has no use for it and they should give it to me.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

the wizards beard posted:

It's a long shot, but these are rare, so would you be able to look up shipping to Ireland? The euro is still doing well, I'm curious as to how frightening s&h would be.

I'm willing to ship anywhere in the world, but it's at the buyer's expense outside of the U.S. I'll check it out for you, though. I'm going to need something a little bit more specific than "Ireland," could you PM me an address? And what you were thinking about as an offer (I assume coin rather than trade, given the shipping hassles?).

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Agreed posted:

"I'm going to need something a little bit more specific than "Ireland,"

"What the hell? Return to SENDER?! But I wrote IRELAND right there on the box!"
............./

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Handen posted:

"What the hell? Return to SENDER?! But I wrote IRELAND right there on the box!"
............./

It's an old joke, but my name and IRELAND would probably work. There's a Dara O'Briain sketch about that that I can't find on youtube right now.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
does anyone want to buy/trade an epiphone dot studio from me? I decided I was a fool to ever give up my Telecaster, so I would want one of those in exchange for my guitar + cash, or you could just buy for me or whatever, guitar is almost not worth selling but I'd never play it so...

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

the wizards beard posted:

I bought one on adverts for €60 just over a year ago :v:

Shipping shouldn't be too much considering I've had an entire guitar shipped for ~ €50

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Capitan Dad posted:

does anyone want to buy/trade an epiphone dot studio from me? I decided I was a fool to ever give up my Telecaster, so I would want one of those in exchange for my guitar + cash, or you could just buy for me or whatever, guitar is almost not worth selling but I'd never play it so...

I'd love one. How much $$$ do you want for it?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

gypsyshred posted:

I'd love one. How much $$$ do you want for it?

tomisdead at gmail.com

kelpo
May 27, 2003

We are a Blaze in the Northern Sky
The next thousand Years Are OURS!
i am willing to trade for other bass/guitar effects (im looking for a bass wah):

sansamp di driver stompbox(single switch variety)

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Zakalwe posted:

I bought one on adverts for €60 just over a year ago :v:

Shipping shouldn't be too much considering I've had an entire guitar shipped for ~ €50

I know you did, beat me to it ya prick.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I've got a behringer "hellbabe" or whatever sitting around that I never use. It's a good pedal and all, especially considering how bad behringer pedals usually are, I just don't really have use for one. I'm not a fan of how they tend to mask your guitar's tone.

If anyone wants it, I'd love something like an Ibanez tube screamer, or a comparable equivalent. I'm using a behringer "vintage tube overdrive" which is their version of the pedal and it just doesn't cut it anymore.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I've got a good condition GK 800RB that I'm looking to trade. When I say "good condition" I mean that it's missing two of the knob position indicators, but it still works. It comes in an SKB 3-space rack that's also is good condition.

What I'm looking for is a 100-150w tube bass amp. I have my heart set on a MusicMan HD-130 in any condition, but let me know if you've got something comparable.

Edit: this has been sold. :)

scuz fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 29, 2008

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

Dopo posted:

Looking to trade a barely used Roland SP-555 looper/sampler for some combination of MIDI controller, audio interface, and cash. Email me: dopo28 at gmail dot com.

you know the 555 has an audio interface and is a midi controller, right?

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004

oredun posted:

you know the 555 has an audio interface and is a midi controller, right?

Yeah, but I don't use the audio features and I want sliders and some more knobs. I meant an audio interface for my laptop.

Flamadiddle
May 9, 2004

I'm looking to get a decent power amp for my guitar setup. I'm willing to look at any power rating, but it needs to be able to run on UK voltages (240V), so if it's switchable from US power then that's good too. Ideally would buy, but may have some stuff kicking around that you may be interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Anybody want a Stanton 505 cartridge sans stylus? It's been sitting in my drawer for a few years and I had forgotten that I had it.

I'd like a cool headshell or a random cable or something, but I'll take some homemade venison jerky or a box of Rolo's.

PM me.