Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Mike Modest interview!
http://pulsewrestling.com/2009/02/24/pulse-wrestling-exclusive-interview-with-michael-modest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://pulsewrestling.com/2009/02/27/puroresu-pulse-issue-143-a-few-questions-with-sanshiro-takagi/
This week on Puropulse: interview with DDT founder, owner, promoter, booker and champion Sanshiro Takagi.

edit: Akiyama beat Sasaki to win the GHC title. KENTA regained the junior belt from Nakajima. Lots of speculation that Kensuke Office will split with NOAH.

edit2: CIMA is back in Dragon Gate for good.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 1, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ah man Nakajima loses so soon. :(

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

quote:

Kobashi in the against Masao Inoue in the opener

I don't know why you didn't make a bigger deal out of kobashi's return and first single's match in years.

Otherwise, akiyama is now equal to misawa in title reigns.

Finally, did they draw well? You desribed it as their best card in a while, did it make the money?

quote:

Zero-One: Their tour bus caught fire and burned down while on the road after a show in Osaka. Nobody was hurt.

Awesome

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Wazzu posted:

I don't know why you didn't make a bigger deal out of kobashi's return and first single's match in years.

He returned last year and re injured himself.

Edit: or did he never have a singles match after returning?

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Wazzu posted:

He's doing the gimmick where he says he wants to start at the bottom again and work his way up.

But yeah, beyond the premise, I don't understand why he'd want to do it.

TheDuelies fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 2, 2009

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

He returned last year and re injured himself.

Edit: or did he never have a singles match after returning?

No singles matches last year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheDuelies posted:

He's doing the gimmick where he says he wants to start at the bottom again and work his way up.

But yeah, beyond the premise, I don't understand why he'd want to do it.

Probably for the same reason Ditch didn't make a huge deal out of it: He and we don't know if he's going to be a world changer for NOAH. He doesn't know if he's Kobashi yet, so it is silly to hype it up until we've had a good look at him again. With this storyline he can work shorter undercard matches until he knows what he's capable of.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No word yet on legit attendance. Waiting on Meltzer.

Also, what Mass said. Plus I had the "Kobashi returning on March 1st" news in a prior update.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Every time I seem to check Dragon Gate someone is in another faction. I can never keep up! :(

quote:

Real Hazard
YAMATO
Cyber Kong
Keni'chiro Arai
Ryo Saito
Genki Horiguchi
Yasushi Kanda

WARRIORS-5
CIMA
Gamma
KAGETORA
Susumu Yokosuka

KAMIKAZE
Shingo Takagi
Taku Iwasa
Akira Tozawa
Dragon Kid
Kenshin Chikano

WORLD-1
Naruki Doi
Masato Yoshino
BxB Hulk
Naoki Tanisaki
m.c. KZ

Zetsurins
Magnitude Kishiwada
Don Fujii
K-ness
Masaaki Mochizuki

Other
Anthony W. Mori
Shisa BOY
Super Shisa

Shinobu
Stalker Ichikawa
Jackson Florida
Johnson Florida
Syachihoko Machine
Super Shenlong
Youhei Fujita

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The constant shuffling gets to be a bit much. New Hazard lasted just a year, Typhoon was around about a year before it kinda-sorta ended, and Real Hazard is about 50% changed in under a year. Plus we sometimes don't get proper payoffs on turns, like when Horiguchi turned and we never had him vs Ryo Saito. And now they're back together.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

No word yet on legit attendance. Waiting on Meltzer.

Also, what Mass said. Plus I had the "Kobashi returning on March 1st" news in a prior update.

Meltzer reported a near sellout.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ditch posted:

The constant shuffling gets to be a bit much.
What's worse is that none of the new units ever have an identity or a reason for these particular guys to stick together. They all seem so interchangeable that with every reshuffling it just gets more and more random. I want less randomness and more old-school theme units, damnit.

The last unit with a clear identity they had was Tozawa-juku. The last "serious" one was maybe Blood Generation, at least until the Muscle Outlaw'z split when the concept went out the window and they added guys like Jack Evans.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Kobashi Entrance :frogc00l:

edit: KENTA vs. Nakajima 2

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 3, 2009

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
Crowd for Kobashi's entrance did not seem as crazy as the first time he came back after cancer. Then again its probably due to the shorter time he was in the shelf.

Thanks for the entrance video, HulkaMatt. <3

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JavyOO7 posted:

Crowd for Kobashi's entrance did not seem as crazy as the first time he came back after cancer. Then again its probably due to the shorter time he was in the shelf.

It is a lot less emotional to come back from a normal injury than it is to return from cancer.

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
True. I guess my expectations were just a touch too high.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

but WARRIORS-5 only has 4 guys?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

So, who are the faces and heels in DG nowadays?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

but WARRIORS-5 only has 4 guys?
5th to be revealed soon.

M.Kishiwada posted:

So, who are the faces and heels in DG nowadays?
Of those stables, only Real Hazard.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

JavyOO7 posted:

I liked how seemingly bemused kobashi is as he comes out. Not excited, not emotional, just kind of confused at who these strange people are.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kota Ibushi on April 15th.

I am excited.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 5, 2009

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kota Ibushi on April 15th.

I am excited.

me too.

I seriously need to figure out if there's a place that streams japan TV or if there's some way to get subscription access to their satellites.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

edit: KENTA vs. Nakajima 2

Cool match. It's interesting how some finishers are sold like death, bodies going limp and all, but are still kicked out of.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dear Ditch,

Why did Masked Man from SD vs. RAW 2009 attack KENTA? :( That wasn't very nice.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

HulkaMatt posted:

Dear Ditch,

Why did Masked Man from SD vs. RAW 2009 attack KENTA? :( That wasn't very nice.

Pretty sure he thinks KENTA stole the GTS from Punk and is on a revenge trip for the WWE. Not only that but he thinks KENTA also stole the finish of Punk vs Regal to use against Suzuki. Masked Man doesn't understand timelines.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheDuelies posted:

Pretty sure he thinks KENTA stole the GTS from Punk and is on a revenge trip for the WWE. Not only that but he thinks KENTA also stole the finish of Punk vs Regal to use against Suzuki. Masked Man doesn't understand timelines.

Maybe he experiences the flow of time backwards ala Time's Arrow?

Jimchuck Spanner
Sep 9, 2001

welp
My nipples are hard upon reading the speculation that Masked Man is in fact SUWA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watching thhe 1/12/09 Noah show. drat NOAH has an ugly lookin undercard. All these dudes look like they start their morning with a barfight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Now that they've lost NTV, is there any chance NOAH may bury the hatchet and bring in Kawada? Although given what he's been doing lately it may not even be worth it.

Jimchuck Spanner
Sep 9, 2001

welp

MassRayPer posted:

Now that they've lost NTV, is there any chance NOAH may bury the hatchet and bring in Kawada? Although given what he's been doing lately it may not even be worth it.

If it was going to happen I'm sure it already would have

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-NOAH still has G+, NTV's cable channel that airs the shows in full (but pays way less).

-The Kawada thing has more to do with top non-wrestler company man Ryu Nakata, a petty, vindictive SOB.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-Marufuji out with a torn ACL. No match with Ibushi.

-Takayama beat Muta to win the Triple Crown. He joins Sasaki in the TC/GHC/IWGP club.

-http://pulsewrestling.com/2009/03/14/puroresu-pulse-issue-144-a-few-questions-with-yuki-ishikawa/
Puropulse, with my interview with Yuki Ishikawa of Battlarts.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 14, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

-Marufuji out with a torn ACL. No match with Ibushi.

NOOO :cry:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Ditch posted:

-Takayama beat Muta to win the Triple Crown. He joins Sasaki in the TC/GHC/IWGP club.

What the gently caress? Has he being working there of late, or is this just something weird. I mean, good for him, but isn't takayama somewhat broken down now and can't wrestle as he once did?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This needs more love:

quote:

Q: Why do you and Ikeda hit each other harder than any other wrestlers hit each other?

A: Because we are not hitting each other, we are hitting the loving stupid people in the world who think that pro-wrestling is fake like a trained monkey show.
Ishikawa > you

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

What the gently caress? Has he being working there of late, or is this just something weird. I mean, good for him, but isn't takayama somewhat broken down now and can't wrestle as he once did?

Yeah, he's pretty busted but so's Muta, Kobashi, and Misawa. Besides, the man's a walking stress test for physical abuse. That should be worth something, right?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Takayama was on the last couple tours after debuting/returning post-match after Muta vs Suzuki in the fall.

edit: Kensuke Office is on the next tour. Phew.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 15, 2009

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Ditch posted:

Takayama was on the last couple tours after debuting/returning post-match after Muta vs Suzuki in the fall.

edit: Kensuke Office is on the next tour. Phew.

So the dream of kensuke vs kobashi again is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Not any time soon, but yes.