Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki
Heil PR40 mic.

http://www.heilsound.com/pro/products/pr40/
http://www.roncrider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=1

One of the best Vocal mics I have ever used (sounds like a cross between an SM7b and a good condensor mic), and sounds awesome on both a guitar cab and a kick drum (odd combo, I know). I got it for recording vocals for my old band, but now I just never record vocals. Asking $250 for it, still looks brand spanking new with the original hard case. If someone has a decent Fender Mexi guitar (Tele or Strat) or an Epiphone LP or SG of the set neck variety, I will trade as well, and even throw in my Aphex 107 dual channel tube preamp (Will also sell preamp for $75). I don't get pm's, so email me at-

johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
edit: SOLD

Anyone want a POG? Cash only, sorry. I bought it brand new last year and have used it very little. Still have the original box, manuals, and all that other good stuff.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 27, 2009

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Carbo, I just realized that you are also on OSG. I really want that Les Paul but have absolutely no reason or money for it, especially cause I'm working on starting up a Jazzmaster project.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Carbohydrates posted:

Anyone want a POG? Cash only, sorry. I bought it brand new last year and have used it very little. Still have the original box, manuals, and all that other good stuff.
What are you asking for it?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Schatten posted:

What are you asking for it?
$250 shipped?

Rashomon posted:

Carbo, I just realized that you are also on OSG. I really want that Les Paul but have absolutely no reason or money for it, especially cause I'm working on starting up a Jazzmaster project.
You know I'm selling a pretty large lot of JM parts on OSG too, right? ;)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 23, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Agreed posted:

Can you speak on exactly what MA mods were done to it, please?

Assuming this is the CS3 that I traded hamaien, it's the Monte Allums Opto Mod kit. I did all of the soldering and bypassed one of the diodes so that you can use a regular PSA-style adapter rather than just the older ACA-style ones. It's a documented mod, not just a hack.

Asomodai
Jun 4, 2005

POSTING IN TFR = DONT ASK DONT TELL AM I RITE?

For trade. Yamaha Attitude II LTD Billy Sheehan (In the UK, Will only deal with UK'ers sorry.)

Ok i am not kidding, i DONT WANT to get rid of this bass. But somethings come up, I need a 5 string bass to replace this. Preferably fretless.

As i dont play 4 strings in a band this, my only 4 string has to go.

It has fantastic FANTASTIC low action. The pickups are billy sheehan's sound all the way. Sounds fantastic even using just a single input in the bass. The bass comes with a hipshot D tuner as standard.

Its in 100% MINT condition, still has some of the original sticky backed plastic on the back of the bass. Comes with a gigbag. This has the best P bass sound. and combined with the humbucker, creates harmonic heaven. When i get another P bass i will definitely be putting these pickups (Dimarzio Willpowers) in it. So if you like a P bass with aggresive sound and quirky looks, This is for you.

It is a very light bass probably the lightest i have owned.

To buy these basses they are £1326 brand new from GAK and with a probable waiting list from Japan.

I am in the UK and will only perform a trade with other people in the UK, preferably face to face.

Asomodai fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

bisticles posted:

Assuming this is the CS3 that I traded hamaien, it's the Monte Allums Opto Mod kit. I did all of the soldering and bypassed one of the diodes so that you can use a regular PSA-style adapter rather than just the older ACA-style ones. It's a documented mod, not just a hack.

I wasn't at all saying it wasn't, Monte Allums is a well respected mod kit maker/seller so I had no suspicion otherwise - it's just that there are a few MA mods, and I didn't even know it was ACA. What does bypassing that diode do to the sound, since I've got your ear, man? I can solder, too, so I could put it back if it'd help the sound (an extra adapter isn't too big of a deal).

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Paytizzle posted:

I've got an American Fender Strat with a natural ash finish that I'd like to trade for something with dual humbuckers or a HSH setup. Just something with a fatter, heavier tone. The guitar is beautiful and in great shape. The input gets loose sometimes, but you just have to tighten it. And I don't have the whammy bar for it anymore - I never used it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FSR-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517883

It looks just like that, except the fretboard is ash like the body. Making it even more gorgeous! I'll post pictures of it if anyone expresses interest.

Could you fire me off an email?

bryanmaniotakis at gmail dot com

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Agreed posted:

I wasn't at all saying it wasn't, Monte Allums is a well respected mod kit maker/seller so I had no suspicion otherwise - it's just that there are a few MA mods, and I didn't even know it was ACA. What does bypassing that diode do to the sound, since I've got your ear, man? I can solder, too, so I could put it back if it'd help the sound (an extra adapter isn't too big of a deal).

I don't believe that bypassing the diode does anything other than increase the voltage enough for a PSA adapter to power it. The earlier CS3s were ACA, and when I finished modding it, it would only work when powered by a battery, so I emailed MA and asked what to do. He wrote back:

Check to see if R32 and D10 have a resistor and a diode. If they do, remove
the components and add a jumper wire where each component was. In the
instructions I sent you will see that the newer CS3 already has the jumpers.
This increases the voltage to the circuit and will allow you to use a PSA
adapter with the pedal.

Wouldn't be hard to set it back to the original configuration, but with the resistor back in place, you'd end up with close to the same amount of voltage anyway.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

So it's both Opto-Modded and also modded to PSA spec. Sounds fine to me, then. Hamaien, I shot you a PM, looking forward to hearing back from you.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

I'm selling my Zvex Fuzz Factory to fund a pedal purchase from this weekend. Great condition. Everything about it works perfectly. Just a couple tiny nicks in the exterior finish. Comes with the original box and manual. Asking $125.

Scarf posted:

Ok yeah, he's def. interested. Does it use just a boss-style power adapter?

edit: shoot me an IM, sn is CU Longboard

I know this is dibs'ed, but if Scarf's roommate decides not to buy, I'm definitely interested. Consider me second dibs, PM if something happens.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

plester1 posted:

I know this is dibs'ed, but if Scarf's roommate decides not to buy, I'm definitely interested. Consider me second dibs, PM if something happens.

Sorry. He sent payment last night. The Fuzz Factory is gone! It's getting shipped out today.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

Sorry. He sent payment last night. The Fuzz Factory is gone! It's getting shipped out today.

:dance:

I know this thing isn't tailored for bass (isn't the Mastodon tho?), but I'm going to hook it up and play around with it while he's not around :mmmhmm:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Scarf posted:

:dance:

I know this thing isn't tailored for bass (isn't the Mastodon tho?), but I'm going to hook it up and play around with it while he's not around :mmmhmm:

Rad. I always wanted to play around with it with a bass but don't have one around anymore. Ah well.. I'm sad to see this go now. It's unique. Almost sounds like sawtooth clipping instead of squarewave clipping or something. Fun to play with, especially with the self-oscillation thing it has going on when you lower the stability knob. Anyway, enjoy it! I even put a new 9V in it.

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.
drat, was a busy weekend, so I hadn't checked the thread. Enjoy the pedal, Agreed!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If you're still interested, I'll let you have it, man. No worries. He hasn't got back to me anyway, and I'd be better off using the money to get my wife a little birthday present :)

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.

Agreed posted:

and I'd be better off using the money to get my wife a little birthday present :)

Up to you, man. I thought you already got her one of those crazy electric uprights, if I remember... I'll send a pm, am definitely interested.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Los Padre posted:

Up to you, man. I thought you already got her one of those crazy electric uprights, if I remember... I'll send a pm, am definitely interested.

That was for Christmas, Valentine's, and Being The Best Wife in the World. I don't think it gets me through Birthday too. She got me the Hendrix Experience on SD Card, kind of neat. All yours, man.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
$900 shipped or part trade for a Mosrite copy or a Fender offset/shortscale

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

Have a few things sitting around collecting dust that I want to trade out. I can take pictures if needed.

Inquiries can be sent directly via PM or in-thread

I'll consider any offers in return, though similar items are preferred!

--

Boss DD-20 Gigadelay - $90 : GONE!

Alesis Philtre: GONE!

Alesis Nanoverb: GONE!

Audible Disease Rupture RP-1: GONE!

Bathos fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 8, 2009

schizorage
Dec 26, 2005

Bathos posted:

Have a few things sitting around collecting dust that I want to trade out. I can take pictures if needed.

Inquiries can be sent directly via PM or in-thread

I'll consider any offers in return, though similar items are preferred!

--

Boss DD-20 Gigadelay: Good condition including box and manual. Minor chips, scuffs and scratches here and there.

Alesis Philtre: Good condition including box, manual and Alesis power supply. Minor scuffs and scratches.

Alesis Nanoverb: Well-used, a little scuffed and scratched on the underside, but in generally good working and cosmetic condition. Includes Alesis power supply. No box or manual.

Audible Disease Rupture RP-1: Probably not of much interest to this forum, but it's a weird feedback looping effect if you're into stuff like that. Great for noise and making your pedals freak out. Like new condition. Used less than five times, maybe.

Uh... I'm always in the market for weird stuff. What are you looking for for that RP-1?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Yo, Scarf. Looks like that Fuzz Factory is already going to be there tomorrow. Crazy fast.

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

schizorage posted:

Uh... I'm always in the market for weird stuff. What are you looking for for that RP-1?

Depends. What do you have to offer?

I am open to nearly anything as far as effects go.

Bathos fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 26, 2009

Hepnotic
Jan 23, 2003
optional; no images are allowed, only text
just a heads up, i listed a crate palomino v8 5w tube combo, and a digitech bad monkey overdrive pedal in the SA mart.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

Yo, Scarf. Looks like that Fuzz Factory is already going to be there tomorrow. Crazy fast.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

schizorage
Dec 26, 2005

Bathos posted:

Depends. What do you have to offer?

I am open to nearly anything as far as effects go.

Really all I have is a MicroPog and an EHX Worm... and the Worm has no power supply (bought it used, powered it (24v) through my SKB board)

I'm kind of interested in the Gigadelay too... but I'm poor at the moment and don't have any crazy stuff that I don't really use.

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

schizorage posted:

Really all I have is a MicroPog and an EHX Worm... and the Worm has no power supply (bought it used, powered it (24v) through my SKB board)

I'm kind of interested in the Gigadelay too... but I'm poor at the moment and don't have any crazy stuff that I don't really use.

Thanks for the consideration, but I think I'll keep an eye out for other offers.

Bathos fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 27, 2009

Hepnotic
Jan 23, 2003
optional; no images are allowed, only text
Got a ZVEX Box of Rock

edit: Sold.

Hepnotic fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 28, 2009

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
Have a used pearl p-100 in good condition.

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.
I am looking to get rid of my Catalinbread Hyperpak. I really like this pedal, but it's just not working for my music right now. if I was doing more standard rock, I'd be in love, but it's a little too crisp for the metal band i'm getting into. It's in MINT condition and has only been used a handful of times. Still have the original box. never gigged and I am the original owner.

$100 shipped. Would also be willing to trade this + cash for a memory man w/ hazarai, holy grail type reverb or some other echo, delay or reverb. Holler with offers!

Read more about it here.
Check out some videos here

The pedal has some amazing character. really beefy, reacts well to picking dynamics, plays nice with the volume knobs. It's a shame it doesn't fit any roles in my musical arsenal right now.

fake edit: thanks, Susano-maku da! for reminding me about this thread.
real edit: no more need for a fuzz. picked up a russian big muff and it's loving incredible.

For Loop fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 29, 2009

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
I've got a used Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah, Boss OD-3 overdrive pedal, and Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9. The OD-3 looks brand new - the wah and tube screamer have some signs of use but all work 100%. Will entertain any trades.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

nelsocracy, can you throw out ballpark price figures on those so people can get an idea of what you're looking for in trade?

MasterWerk posted:

$100 shipped. Would also be willing to trade this + cash for a memory man w/ hazarai, holy grail type reverb or some other echo, delay or reverb. Holler with offers!

This is tempting me madly. Can you point me to some more clips of it?

I have a Marshall Reflector reverb which appears to have been discontinued now, in excellent shape (I take really good care of my gear) and which has an outstanding tone, very "real" rather than fake and brittle. 6 reverb modes, all of which have their uses, stand-out favorites of mine being Plate, Spring+Plate, and Hall, with three-parameter control for thorough tweaking.

I am not sure if I want to trade or not (I also have a SMMH, but you'll pry that from my cold dead hands). I have so much dirt, and this is the best sounding reverb I've ever used, but I love Catalinbread the company and I think I could find a place for that in my signal chain for sure, it seems to have a tone I'd really get along with.

Could you give me some more info on it?

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.

Agreed posted:

nelsocracy, can you throw out ballpark price figures on those so people can get an idea of what you're looking for in trade?

This is tempting me madly. Can you point me to some more clips of it?

I have a Marshall Reflector reverb which appears to have been discontinued now, in excellent shape (I take really good care of my gear) and which has an outstanding tone, very "real" rather than fake and brittle. 6 reverb modes, all of which have their uses, stand-out favorites of mine being Plate, Spring+Plate, and Hall, with three-parameter control for thorough tweaking.

I am not sure if I want to trade or not (I also have a SMMH, but you'll pry that from my cold dead hands). I have so much dirt, and this is the best sounding reverb I've ever used, but I love Catalinbread the company and I think I could find a place for that in my signal chain for sure, it seems to have a tone I'd really get along with.

Could you give me some more info on it?

I don't know TOO much about it other than what's on the site. Apparently, it's catalainbread's riff on hiwatt type sound. can't comment on that, but drat does it have a big assed sound. to me, it sounds like a stripped down Hotcake.

here's a really good video that shows off the dynamic ability of the pedal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemlEecQvYY
here's a bunch of others from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=catalainbread+hyperpak&aq=f

it's got a really interesting sound in its clipping. I can't put my finger on it, but it's really really different than most of the other dirt boxes out there. I'm still blown away at how big it sounds. like i said in the original post, i just don't have a place for it.

As for trades, Compressors and boosts are much needed as well. I'm getting into a loud obnoxious band, and anything that'll help cut would be awesome. anything cool really. something tells me a big spacey reverb/echo would be a nice addition to my arsenal, but i'm pretty open to new things.

2 things i really miss having though, that i'd love to have back: my trusty phase 90 and a good low gain overdrive (did you ever pick up that dano transparent overdrive? love to have that)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm actually sick of my goddamned Dan-os after finding out the owner of the company supported prop 8 with some of the profit ($15,000 or so). Haven't been able to play them since, knowing that given the timing of me purchasing them, though only a small bit some of my money helped hate win.

I'd be happy to move them out, both because I am uncomfortable playing signs of my own irresponsibility and failure to find out where my money was going, and because it denies Dan-o further sales since if you get some of these you won't be getting them new.

Got PMs? Let's talk turkey, amigo.

Oh, by the way, these are the first ones. After the big cloning debacle where Dan-o was outed as having cloned a bunch of boutiques currently made by small builders (PaulC, Frantone, Fulltone at least - probably others as well) they have claimed they're making all new designs. Well, these are clones of killer pedals, which though ethically questionable does insure they have a great sound, which may well be compromised in the future units. So there's something a little bit special about the ones that people have now, and by extension I guess about mine, although for the reasons above I am not exactly proud of my Dan-os right now.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 29, 2009

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.
i don't agree with their business practices, but i do like cheap effects. i've been looking to pick them up used (so i don't give them a god damned dime). I'd love to pick up the pedals they copied, but poo poo. i got a baby to feed, a house to pay for and a wife who doesn't understand why i need more than one kind of overdrive.

pm'd by the way.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I understand, man. I've only in the last year really started worrying about where the stuff I get comes from, the problem is that you really CAN'T get away from China hardly at all. I try but sourcing electronic components entirely free from Chinese production is almost impossible. So I have to make something of an exception for China even though their human rights record is disheartening. I don't fault them as much for their business practices or their environmental practices, not because I agree with them (holy poo poo, I wish they'd stop, our efforts are nothing if they don't stop) but because they are doing what they do precisely because U.S. industry and consumers give them huge amounts of cash to do it. We can't really have our cake and eat it too on that one, so though I try to avoid "Made in China" I don't do it nearly as rigorously since even "Made in the U.S.A." stuff still has Chinese components. But if I learn of specific companies doing specifically heinous poo poo, I won't give them my money to fund it.

Ethics is hard and consistency is impossible, but the lack of a perfect solution isn't an excuse to quit. Luckily buying used is good as far as avoiding fiscal contribution to unethical practices goes.

I don't mean to get off into this tangent, I apologize for crapping up the thread with ethics and politics. All in the service of gear, I promise...

Emailing you back now, man. I think we can work something out that will be mutually beneficial.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
I think the Catalinbread would be right up your alley, Agreed. It has a beautiful, huge sound to it that's just unique enough.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I don't think you should really worry about the ethics of supporting companies with money. Buying any electronics is sort of implicitly supporting sweatshop labor. Buying gas finances terrorism and corruption. It's sort of like veganism/vegetarianism to me. While the idea might be noble, it's impossible in practice so maintaining that sort of philosophy is just an exercise in cognitive dissonance really.

Not to mention that with prop 8, it's guaranteed to be struck down by the judicial system anyway. Tyranny of the majority much? The fact that the mormons put so much effort into pushing it is hilarious. The whole ordeal was a waste.

So anyway, gear trades. I've still got a little big muff that I never use. I want an EQ pedal or a fuzz I like better (like the cool cat fuzz... speaking of dano). I also need a set of grover standard rotomatics if someone has those lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Agreed posted:

I'd be happy to move them out, both because I am uncomfortable playing signs of my own irresponsibility and failure to find out where my money was going

yikes, if this was a concern with every purchase I'm not sure how I'd get anything done. Voting with your wallet rarely has an effect, you should drop Dano an email or phone call if you're disappointed in how they do business.