Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Gnomad posted:

(BMW R/65)

If he has the service records, he's an enthusiast and likely won't budge very much. I wouldn't expect him to go under $3K, $3250 might work-I know that I've never listed a bike on CL without leaving myself at least 10% negotiation room. Sometimes I need it. sometimes I don't. If you try to lowball him, he'll probably tune you out and think you're not serious.

Okay, so my main points to check out:
-overall shape
-does he have maintenance records
-any rust around the petcock (where am I looking exactly?)

Any deviation on those points and I have room to bargain down, yes?

Still, I'm willing to pay market for a decent bike, I'm not starving to death. I just don't want to overpay. And it'd be nice to buy a bike prior to moving so I don't have to get a ride to bumbfuck PA four hours away to pick up a bike after I move to DC. Might as well by here while I have a time and a plentiful company moving budget.

I've been reading the reviews and whatnot online, and not really seeing much (if any) disadvantage to this over a GS450 (besides purchase price, and BMW service being competent but spendy). All the negatives, mostly on stability/comfort on the interstate seem pretty much inevitable with any standard smaller than a CB750 or so.

It is kinda funny, coming from a CB250 (270lbs and 20hp) to read: "the problem with the R/65 is that it's only 43hp, and I don't feel comfortable riding a 420lb bike on the Interstate." I ride my 250cc on the interstate within Austin, and don't have any trouble unless it's really windy. So a R/65 sounds like a huge powerful beast by comparison.

Before I go down to look at this on Tuesday, is there any reason I should drop the R/65 idea and go back to looking at a GS450 or CB450?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

BronYrAur posted:

What does everyone think of the Honda CBR 125, it has come up as viable option for my first bike purchase, so what do you think? of the 05+ make specifically (I don't think they have changed at all since introduced in Canada but you never know).

They're lots of fun.

Pro: light, fun, cheap.
Con: Faired, 13hp, top speed of maybe 120kph.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Okay, so my main points to check out:
-overall shape
-does he have maintenance records
-any rust around the petcock (where am I looking exactly?)

The rust around the petcock-take a careful look around where the petcock mounts, you would be looking for bubbles in the paint. I'd also take a flaslight and look into the rear corners of the tank as best you can. Water tends to collect in the low spots and is heavier than fuel so it's happy to stay right there in those low spots, happily destroying the metal. One of the local riders had a R65 and the petcock came off in his hand, along with a chunk of the tank.

Other than initial cost, I don't see a downside to a R65 over a UJM 450.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Gnomad posted:

I was down in Phoenix a couple years back and looked into renting a bike. Found the bike but the timing wasn't so great and fedexing my gear was going to run $50, so I rented a car and drove the Apache Trail as far as I could until the darkness set in. If I had a weekend to ride, I'd rent a bike just for that one road.

Not going to have time to check that one out. My road is US191 from Springerville to Clifton. You'll target fixate yourself off a cliff and won't even care. There are portions where you can look across the valley and see where you were a bit ago, look down into the valley and see where you will be in 10 min, and then look further down where you will be 10min after that.

Click here for the full 653x490 image.

I should get back to Dallas in a few days and then have time to type up my report on The Most Awesome Commute(tm)

EDIT:Derail over; everybody go buy Ninja250s.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

blugu64 posted:

All good man, I was booking it hard today. When you're ready for some insane roads, let me know, I found some stupid great roads in arizona.
Did you get a chance to run through Canyon Lake? That was fun on a bun in a car, I can't wait to become proficient enough to do it on two wheels.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm

BronYrAur posted:

What does everyone think of the Honda CBR 125, it has come up as viable option for my first bike purchase, so what do you think? of the 05+ make specifically (I don't think they have changed at all since introduced in Canada but you never know).

Bird-o-matic was right, definitely right. But adding into the cheap bit is the fuel efficiency. Personally I learnt best once I'd done my CBT by going out there and getting practise, and it's a lot easier on your wallet if it only costs 7 quid to fill the tank. I think it's got a 2.5 gallon tank, but depending on your height, weight and how much you wring it, I know people who can get 100mpg.

Only provisos are the fact that it's a superbike, so the seating position can be uncomfortable for people, so try it first. And, some people really hate how thin it looks, I like it being thin because it means that it's engineered for it's actual engine, not just to look good (it doesn't have a huge amount of power, so it doesn't need the massive rear wheel a lot of sportsbikes get. And the engine is a 125 thumper, so it's not very wide there either, compared to the I4s you tend to get).

*edit* and yes, 70 or 75mph is going to be about your top speed. I know people and I know of other people, all of whom claim to have higher on the flat, but I'm rather suspicious of those claims.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I've been considering picking up a bike for a while now, so I'm looking to pick up something cheap and used for now, upgrading to something probably new in about 6-12 months since my new job pays me enough to do things like save up for a nice motorcycle.

A few notes:

I'm 6'1", 230-240 lbs. I commute about 40-45 minutes 4 times a week on off-peak times, so freeway speeds are around 70-75. I've not driven before, and am looking for something I wouldn't feel too terribly bad about downing, mostly due to it being super cheap.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was going to buy a CBR125 until I heard that most of them (at least in the UK) have been falling apart after about a year, but I don't know whether that translates to other countries.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Orange Someone posted:

I know of other people, all of whom claim to have higher on the flat, but I'm rather suspicious of those claims.

I've had one up to an indicated 130km/h, and I'm not exactly a small guy (i.e. sticking up into the airstream). Yes, that was on the flat. That seemed kind of the hard limit of the bike, though, as it had run out of both gearing, and power.

They're good bikes for what they are, but they are definitely built to a price. There's no oil filter, which confused the poo poo out of me the first time I went to change the oil, and the suspension is setup for someone much lighter than me, so it felt like I would eat up most of the travel, just sitting on it. They are hilariously fun in really twisty sections, as you just hang the throttle on the stops, and don't ever, ever touch the brakes.

About the only mechanical gremlin I had, was that the transmission would sometimes find a false neutral between fifth and sixth, necessitating a second attempt at shifting into top gear. My ex only had one for about a year, and other than the transmission, nothing fell apart/caught fire/exploded.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Dammit, the BMW R/65 sold today before I could go down there to check it out.

I don't see a single R/65 listed on eBay, so it looks like I'm back constantly checking an Craigslists within 3hrs for a GS450, CB450 or an R/65.

Are R/65s pretty hard to find in general? Or is this one of those "if you miss this one, you'll find another in a few weeks, don't sweat it" ?

EDIT: I dunno, as I'm considering slightly larger and larger standards, the Triumph Bonneville doesn't seem too excessive. It's 450lb, so not ginormous. A 2001-2007 790cc Bonnie would run $3500-4000 on a good day.

Not to drag fashion into it, but I am somewhat put off by the Bonneville because they're incredibly common in Austin. Is that true of the East Coast as well? It seems I see them in every motorbike parking lineup, probably the most common single model standard in my part of town.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 5, 2009

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
I know this has been asked before but I've never really paid attention to the answer, how annoying is buying a bike where the owner doesn't have a title.

The seller said: "Hey man! I'm away from the bike at the moment so I can't send any other photos at the moment. Have had it for a month and hadn't switch the title yet. But I have the title. 19572 is the milage. Any other questions let me know. Thanks!" and am wondering how difficult this will be for me to deal with.

pr0zac fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 6, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
$4,000 is way to much for a Kawasaki W650, yes?

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1108916691.html

Even with only 6K mi? The BMW R65 I almost got was cheaper than that (with 14K mi), and I think a Triumph Bonnie with fair usage isn't much pricier.

Hmm, Thruxton for $5000:

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/1107765327.html

But not sure I'd be as comfy with that seating posture, think I'd be happier with Standard. I've just never tried a sporter, and find the idea uncomfortable.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 6, 2009

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

pr0zac posted:

I know this has been asked before but I've never really paid attention to the answer, how annoying is buying a bike where the owner doesn't have a title.

The seller said: "Hey man! I'm away from the bike at the moment so I can't send any other photos at the moment. Have had it for a month and hadn't switch the title yet. But I have the title. 19572 is the milage. Any other questions let me know. Thanks!" and am wondering how difficult this will be for me to deal with.

As long as the bike isnt' stolen. it's a $140 fix. figure that into the cost.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
Tap, I think you could use your own thread at this point.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

pr0zac posted:

I forgot...are you in CA? If you're in CA, you need bills of sale proving the chain of ownership from buyer to buyer. It's a huge pain in the rear end. You can also end up on the bad side of fees, depending on how long the registration has lapsed if at all.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

pr0zac posted:

It's hard to say definitively as every state is different. Where I live (Alaska) getting a title on a untitled vehicle is a pain in the rear end. It can and has been done but it's not really a simple matter of using a title service.
If the guy has the title, he needs to change it over. BTDT and I did get the t-shirt but I had to track the seller to his office and drag him to a place where we could get the title switched over into his name, then mine. Other states are kind of "well if you didn't steal it, OK".

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR

Gnomad posted:

Other states are kind of "well if you didn't steal it, OK".
Texas is one of these states, though the paperwork is a pain to get right and it'll cost you $100 or more in the form of a bond.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

North Carolina was a pretty big pain in the rear end to go through the normal channels to get a lost title but a mechanics lien was much easier. I just filled out the paperwork using my LLC as the shop name and viola, three weeks later I got paperwork saying my company could sell the vehicle. I'd fill out the paperwork saying the LLC sold it to me and a week later a title would show up in the mail.

Iniquitous
May 21, 2001
I POST
BEFORE
I THINK

Not to drag fashion into it, but I am somewhat put off by the Bonneville because they're incredibly common in Austin. Is that true of the East Coast as well? It seems I see them in every motorbike parking lineup, probably the most common single model standard in my part of town.
I've lived in NYC and DC in the past 24 months and they're only really common in Brooklyn (lol hipsters lol). In DC there's a big Harley crowd--SE Atlantic is a big Harley area, plus it's the nation's capitol, and what's more American than having a fat, loud, piggish bike? :911: There's a decent amount of sport bikes around, but I'd definitely say that Bonnie/cafe racer-type bikes are in the minority here.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Gnomad doesn't have PMs, so I'll post it here instead:

A 1973 BMW R50/5 falls into the "enthusiasts only" category, so far as maintenance and draining your wallet, yes?

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1106815619.html

I'm still kicking myself over that R/65 I missed out on. Not sure how often they come up, so maybe I'll just buy a 1980s UJM as soon as I move to DC, and then wait however many months until a decent R/65 pops up so I can at least go and try it out.

I'm thinking I'll go drop by and check out the R/50 tomorrow just to see how down with the BMW feel I am.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

A 1973 BMW R50/5 falls into the "enthusiasts only" category, so far as maintenance and draining your wallet, yes?

I would say yes. On one hand its 1970's bike technology, so it'll be fairly simple. On the other hand a 1970's BMW is not going to be as forgiving as a UJM of the same period when it comes to your wallet.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

I'm still kicking myself over that R/65 I missed out on. Not sure how often they come up, so maybe I'll just buy a 1980s UJM as soon as I move to DC, and then wait however many months until a decent R/65 pops up so I can at least go and try it out.

I'm thinking I'll go drop by and check out the R/50 tomorrow just to see how down with the BMW feel I am.

Really, you should start your own thread, as stated previously.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
A R50/5 is definitely going to be an enthusiast bike. And even then, the enthusiast is going to save it for really special Sunday mornings, and ride something more modern on a regular basis....

I fear you would be underwhelmed and it would sour you on BMW's forever.

I had a look and didn't see anything else, but seriously, it's not a boxer but that F650ST is still out there. It is worth a look, I think. In many ways, it's the only bike you'll ever need. OK, I know that it won't be, but it could be.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Z3n posted:

The problem with ebay is:

Yeah...realism in ebay listings is very rare.

People who have nice bikes and can afford to hold out can get good prices for their bikes, but there's a lot of people who make lovely decisions and end up having to sell now and that's when you can snipe some pretty awesome deals.

Ended up selling for $5,389

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130297257137&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Police BMWs can be had for a pretty good price, they've got a bunch of miles on them but they will have been well maintained. You may be looking at a clutch replacement at some point but otherwise the engine will keep going for a long while, plus you get a bunch of cool extras:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/1089878763.html

There's a nice looking R75 in your area: http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1106366172.html
You might be able to get that for $2500 and if he has all the service records and has done all the services it should be in very good shape.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

PlasticSun posted:

Police BMWs can be had for a pretty good price, they've got a bunch of miles on them but they will have been well maintained. You may be looking at a clutch replacement at some point but otherwise the engine will keep going for a long while, plus you get a bunch of cool extras:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/1089878763.html

There's a nice looking R75 in your area: http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1106366172.html
You might be able to get that for $2500 and if he has all the service records and has done all the services it should be in very good shape.

Now this is a Police BMW.
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1104605663.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

drat, apparently the place to sell bikes is ebay...there's 03s going for 4k here, clean title, relatively low mileage, lotta mods.

Or maybe Cali's "gently caress it, debt is how real people live!" attitude is finally catching up to us.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

PlasticSun posted:

That actually looks pretty awesome! And the guy seems to have done a lot of upgrades on it. However, I'm vaguely concerned as to how many upgrades he might have had to make just to keep it running.

From Gnomad's posts, the 1981+ R65s are pretty reasonable for maintenance, but would a 1972 R75 have even more backwardness and parts difficulties? If someone has any reassurance on this whole thing I might just swing by and check it out this evening, and if it feels awesome and nobody has a "NOOOOO DON'T BUY IT!!!" post, this does look pretty close to what I'm looking for. A little big, but it's a short-wheelbase model.

Again, the thought is to buy in TX (where prices are better), and use part of my over-large company shipping allowance to ship this bike to Washington DC in May. Plus this way I can buy while I'm still not working and have time to go chase CL deals, as opposed to DC where I'll have a steady job and have to fight traffic all over the Eastern Seaboard to find
bikes.

EDIT: The more I look at it, it does look really nice. I almost fear I'd be nervous having a bike with that little cosmetic wear, like I'd feel guilty for jacking it up or just putting wear on it by commuting.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 8, 2009

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

EDIT: The more I look at it, it does look really nice. I almost fear I'd be nervous having a bike with that little cosmetic wear, like I'd feel guilty for jacking it up or just putting wear on it by commuting.

I worry about that too espically since I put a lot of miles on bikes and lack a garage.

R75s are more common than R65s. Most Urals are a remake of an R75 and so are many CJs. Getting parts for them really won't be much of a problem. R100s are the most common and easiest to get parts for from what I've seen, but for the most part you shouldn't have too much trouble finding parts for any of these models, just expect to pay more for the parts than you would for a Japanese bike.

I don't see what problem it would have with your shipping allowance. To me it seems like the same thing as finding a nice couch at a good price in texas shortly before your move. If you're really worried about it ask your HR dept.

White toaster tanks are mega hot too.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

As I sit on the phone trying to figure out how to register my R60/5, I figured I'd chime in to say that the R50/5 is a pretty wimpy bike for its weight.

R75s are more common than R65, and more importantly, their parts are more interchangeable across the board. R65s are weirdo bikes.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
I'm seriously considering buying this bike ('84 kz550 for $350) - http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcy/1112952989.html

It would be my first. The hp is 53 (under the 70 limit for newbies!). It sounds like it's in great shape. I have my permit but haven't taken my course yet, so I'm not comfortable taking it for a test drive. I have a call in with the owner to check on the electronics and mileage. Is there anything else I should ask about/any reason you would advise against getting this bike?

Edit: It was originally listed for $850 and I was seriously considering it... now it seems like a no brainer?

Edit 2: It is still $850... that was a typo. Talked to the guy. All electronics work fine. It passed inspection no problem. Has under 10k miles on it. Should I go for it?

orthod0ks fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 8, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The guy with the R75 lives two blocks from me, so I'll be dropping by in an hour when he gets home from work to look at it.

$2800 seems really reasonable considering how many upgrades he's done, and how clean it appears to be. He doesn't mention mileage, so I'll check that carefully on dial and on title. Overall this seems to be a pretty good option. I wouldn't mind buying a slightly upscale bike now that I have a good job in DC, I really like standards, and a BMW is unusual enough to be interesting yet still common enough to get parts/service easily.

Wish me luck, will report back either way later this evening.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

The guy with the R75 lives two blocks from me, so I'll be dropping by in an hour when he gets home from work to look at it.

$2800 seems really reasonable considering how many upgrades he's done, and how clean it appears to be. He doesn't mention mileage, so I'll check that carefully on dial and on title. Overall this seems to be a pretty good option. I wouldn't mind buying a slightly upscale bike now that I have a good job in DC, I really like standards, and a BMW is unusual enough to be interesting yet still common enough to get parts/service easily.

Wish me luck, will report back either way later this evening.

In his aid he said that he'd be flexible with cash in hand, I'd take 25-2600 over there and see what he says. Wost case you could cut him a check for the remainder or give him the cash for a deposit.

Edit: Having lived in DC before please garage any bike you have, or get a cover made out of kevlar and razor wire.

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 8, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Went to go look at the R/75, but the guy was having trouble showing it. Really high idle, and when he got that down there was still a pretty steady *pop* and dark exhaust out the left pipe, while the right pipe looked/sounded fine.

He let me try it out, and I found the seat really uncomfortable, the brakes were really weak and had me giving massive following/braking distance for fear of rear-ending a car even on a 25mph street. Plus the clutch and handbrake were giving me carpal tunnel syndrome from the get-go.

On the plus side, I rather liked the clubman bars and the slightly crouched stance they require.

Aside from the above maintenance issues, and general slight discomfort, it also bugged me that the bike was too tall for me to stand anywhere near flat on, so at a stop I had to reach my toe out and pick which side to catch myself on. I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam, so kinda short but not that tiny.

So not going for that. The bike he was replacing the BMW with was a modern Bonneville, and the seat actually looked lower on the 865cc Bonnie. I understand some of the early 2000ish Bonnies were a smaller frame size, so I might need to look for one of those.

That aside, I'm back to looking at the Suzuki GS400-450, or a CB of similar displacement. I take it the CB750 would also feel too big if the R75 did? Any tips on how to figure out which Bonnevilles are the smaller variants?

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Aside from the above maintenance issues, and general slight discomfort, it also bugged me that the bike was too tall for me to stand anywhere near flat on, so at a stop I had to reach my toe out and pick which side to catch myself on. I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam, so kinda short but not that tiny.

Get used to the tipsy toes if you don't get an aftermarket seat. I'm 5'8" and normal frame bikes are too tall for me most times. My CB750 is just shy of being flat-footed with the stock seat. >550cc bikes appear to be made for people 5'10" and above (more likely 6' even).

Excluding cruisers, of course.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

orthod0ks posted:

Should I go for it?

Yes. Any good, running UJM, that isn't a basket case is pretty much worth $1000, so if you can get it for less, and not have to immediately replace things like tyres or brakes, it's a great deal.

Gremlin
Aug 9, 2002
So I've been out of the game for several years and I'm thinking about buying another bike. My first bike was an 2004 SV650 and it was pretty much the perfect machine for me but now I'm looking for something a little different. $5,000 is the absolute max I could spend. $2,000-4,000 would be a lot more realistic. I like something solid, comfortable, and reliable. Speed/power isn't really a concern, as long as it's comfortable on the freeway and has enough torque for a quick thrill. I've looked at some UJM models and I also really like the old Cafe Racer style. I saw some pictures of the upcoming Honda VTR250 model and it looks like almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Basically I'm just looking for some ideas for a solid reliable bike under 650ccs that's fun, comfortable, and sexy! Thanks in advance!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I just found out about the ZR7. I think I'm in love.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Gremlin posted:

Basically I'm just looking for some ideas for a solid reliable bike under 650ccs that's fun, comfortable, and sexy! Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming you live in the U.S.

The first thing that's popping into my head when you write "Cafe Racer" is the early 90s Honda GB 500 Clubman. They're gorgeous bikes, use a pretty common engine, but are few and far between. If you like the VT250, there's also the Honda 599, but Americans are apparently incapable of buying any Hondas other than CBRs, Goldwings, VFRs and dirt bikes, so good look finding one.

The VT250 looks very similar to a Monster, but even an air-cooled 2v Monster isn't as reliable as something like an SV650.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

blugu64 posted:

I just found out about the ZR7. I think I'm in love.

Why hello there, sailor. ;-*

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I've owned it for a bit over a year (and ~16,000km).