Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

EBESSSSSSSSSSANNNNNNNNNNN~!

quote:

Kikutaro surprisingly picked up the main event win, using the Shining Kikuzard to pin eternal rival Kuishinbo Kamen. The stipulation was that if Kikutaro lost, he would have to appear as Ebessan at the 4/29 IMP Hall show. Kanjyuro Matsuyama asked Kikutaro to reconsider after the match, but Kikutaro refused. However, Kuishinbo brought in a letter, which Kanjyuro read….which detailed the history between Kuishinbo and Kikutaro. The letter talked about that even though Osaka Pro will be celebrating its 10th anniversary, they’ve known each other for 15 years. They first met each other in Yokohama and went their separate ways at various times until meeting back up in Osaka Pro as Kuishinbo and Ebessan. Kuishinbo then wrote that the two of them meeting in Osaka Pro again was a huge turning point in his life. He then expressed his sadness when Ebessan left in 2005, but his happiness/appreciation when he returned as Kikutaro last year. Kuishinbo ended the letter by asking Kikutaro to appear as Ebessan at IMP Hall, but would understand if the answer was no. He then wrote that he would wait at IMP. The letter apparently got huge applause afterwards.

The letter seemed to move Kikutaro enough that he finally agreed to appear as Ebessan at the IMP Hall show. Not only that, it was decided that their confrontation would main event the show!

The singles match between Masamune and Tigers Mask was a wild affair, with Masamune starting things with a surprise attack. However, the odds were too much for Masamune as he found himself at a 3-on-1 disadvantage. The referee eventually called for the bell, disqualifing Tigers. The Rudo Army assault continued after the bell, but a Hideyoshi-led Sekigun rushed out for the save. After clearing the ring, Hideyoshi expressed his gratitude to Masamune for saving him last week and suggested a Sengoku revival as a result. Masamune agreed and the two shook hands, officially reviving the team. This also now means that Masamune is a member of Sekigun.

Osaka Pro-Wrestling 4/25/09
“SATURDAY NIGHT STORY”
Osaka Delfin Arena Dotonbori
149 Fans
1. Daisuke Harada (6:41 Running Elbow) Kazuaki Mihara
2. Hideyoshi (10:22 Rakujou) Atsushi Kotoge
3. Black Buffalo & The Bodyguard [W] (8:03 Short Range Lariat) Asian Cooger & Tadasuke [L]
4. Masamune (6:04 Seconds Intrusion -> DQ) Tigers Mask
5. Billyken Kid, Kikutaro [W] & Ebessan (16:14 Shining Kikuzard) Kanjyuro Matsuyama, Miracleman & Kuishinbo Kamen [L]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ditch posted:

The future Mrs. CIMA: http://www.marumegane.com/blog_images/elenie.jpg

I think SA has rules against using external hosts for images.

Otherwise, your article was interesting as always, and I'm strangely used to expecting the Dragon Gate guys to have beautiful wives.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Woah Woah Woah.

quote:

NOAH/KENTA Produce "CROSS ROAD", 17.05.2009 (G+)
Tokyo Differ Ariake

1. Jun Akiyama vs. KENTA

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Wazzu posted:

I think SA has rules against using external hosts for images.
It does if you use "img" code to display the image, and thus use bandwidth that isn't yours. But links are fine.

HulkaMatt posted:

Woah Woah Woah.
They had some interesting face-offs from '02-'04 when KENTA was getting established. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's also Heavy Champ vs. Jr. Champ!

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Ditch posted:

The future Mrs. CIMA: http://www.marumegane.com/blog_images/elenie.jpg

Jesus Christ the eyes.

Also cleavage.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

HulkaMatt posted:

EBESSSSSSSSSSANNNNNNNNNNN~!
This is the best feud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want to see Hirooki Goto vs. Shiozaki just because it'll be so hard to tell them apart.

Also, is Tanahashi supposed to some type of Anime Sky Pirate?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KUSHINBO CAN SPEAK

quote:

Osaka Pro-Wrestling celebrated its 10th anniversary in style with a huge show at Matsushita IMP Hall. Over 900 fans filled the venue for a variety of matches. The main event saw Kuishinbo Kamen defeat Shodai Ebessan (Kikutaro) in a match that brought back memories of past encounters. In a surprise, there was no referee to start off…which led to Yukinori Matsui (!) coming out to officiate. You may recall Matsui left Osaka Pro in 2005 and still runs Bikkuri Pro shows featuring other former Osaka wrestlers. Afterwards, there was another surprise as Kuishinbo spoke for the first time ever! He thanked Kikutaro and everybody for the 10 years of Osaka and possibly 10 more to come. Kikutaro then spoke, saying that he would like wrestle more in Osaka Pro in the future. The entire roster led by Kanjyuro Matsuyama, but minus the Rudo Army, then came out and threw autographed balls to the crowd.

Speaking of the Rudo Army, they were very successful today. First, the Bodyguard kicked off the show with a convincing win over Tadasuke. The Bodyguard will now focus his attention on Kensuke Sasaki and the 5/20 Korakuen Hall show. Later on, Tigers Mask & Black Buffalo teamed up with Dick Togo to defeat Billyken Kid, Tsubasa & Asian Cooger in the semi-final. It was a wild affair that saw Togo drop his patented diving senton on BKK to get the pinfall. BKK was understandably disappointed with the end result. This will no doubt add some heat to the singles match between the two at Korakuen, with BKK now aiming to get revenge for the loss.

The special KANSAI tag featured the usual comedy spots, including Miracleman nearly getting booed out of the building after attacking Jaguar Yotoka. The new character Johnel Sanders appeared after Kanjyuro started to talk about a possible next challenger for the Owari Title.

On the subject of Sanders, there’s also a change to the 5/20 Korakuen Hall card. Originally scheduled was Naoki Setoguchi taking on Kazuaki Mihara. It’ll now be Setoguchi taking on Sanders.

B&G’s Daisuke Harada couldn’t follow up his big Hurricane win over Makoto Oishi today as Oishi retained his Independent World Jr. Heavyweight Title. It was a fast-paced contest, but Oishi now looks to have gotten the upper hand in the B&G vs. Omega feud that started late last year. B&G will try to get the decisive win on 5/20 when the two factions settle their score in a big six-man tag match.

Sengoku is back and ready to take on all comers. Hideyoshi & Masamune are fully reunited and showed their solidarity by wearing matching outfits today. They faced stiff competition from Perro and Kazuaki Mihara, with the crowd loudly reacting when Perro’s entrance music hit. Perro & Mihara gave Sengoku a run for it, but Masamune managed to down Mihara with the Raikiri.

Zeus made a surprise appearance today, getting loud applause from the crowd.

We’ve already received a report from reader Gordi, who had nothing but high praise for the show…..from the friendly environment with different fans from all over to the last 3 matches on the card.

Osaka Pro-Wrestling, 4/29/09
“Osaka Pro-Wrestling <Story>” #46 ~Osaka Pro-Wrestling 10th Anniversary Celebration~
Osaka, Matsushita IMP Hall
909 Fans
1. The Bodyguard (5:04 Short Range Lariat) Tadasuke
2. Hideyoshi & Masamune [W] (12:40 Raikiri) Perro & Kazuaki Mihara [L]
3. Men’s Club Offer Match: MEN’S Teioh [W] , Tsutomu Osugi & Hercules Osenga (10:51 Miracle Estascy) Atsushi Kotoge [L], SUSUMU & Daisuke Masaoka
4. Independent World Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Makoto Oishi (c) (10:03 Jikiden Tornado Clutch) Daisuke Harada
5. “KANSAI 1st Issue 10th Anniversary Celebration: Jaguar Yokota [W], Kyusei Ninja Ranmaru & Ebessan (13:45 Manjigatame) Kanjyuro Matsuyama [L], Takaku Fuke & Miracleman
6. Special 6man Tag Match: Dick Togo [W], Tigers Mask & Black Buffalo (16:15 Diving Senton) Billyken Kid [L], Asian Cooger & Tsubasa
7. Special Single Match: Kuishinbo Kamen (13:29 Kankuu Tornado) Shodai Ebessan

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New Japan had to cancel appearances of Mistico and other lucha stars because of the flu going around :mexico:

Because of that they changed the main event of their May 5th show to Tanahashi & Kanemoto vs Morishima & Ibushi.

Thanks, swine flu!

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Ditch posted:

New Japan had to cancel appearances of Mistico and other lucha stars because of the flu going around :mexico:

Because of that they changed the main event of their May 5th show to Tanahashi & Kanemoto vs Morishima & Ibushi.

Thanks, swine flu!

I actually liked the matches they had with the lucha guys much better, just to see Bernard mix it up with Mistico. But this match will be awesome too.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
So purolove says that in today's New Japan show Tanahashi lost his title to Nakanishi.. :(

I'll spoiler tag it for those that want to watch it when it appears online.

Good news though, the Best of the Super Jr. blocks were announced:
Block A:
- Tiger Mask
- AKIRA
- Milano Collection A.T.
- Prince Devitt
- Black Tiger
- Jado
- Atsushi Aoki

Block B:
- Jushin Thunder Liger
- Koji Kanemoto
- Ryusuke Taguchi
- Taichi
- Tsuyoshi Kikuchi
- Kota Ibushi
- YAMATO

Got some good stuff with the outsiders there with Aoki, YAMATO and Ibushi.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
AND KIKUCHI~~!

Baffling title change, absolutely no build towards it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Ditch posted:

AND KIKUCHI~~!

Baffling title change, absolutely no build towards it.

Any word on an injury?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
If it was an on-the-fly thing due to injury they likely would have done the change on Sunday rather than have Tana go through another title match.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch what are your thoughts on the whole Makabe thing going on in new japan and all the talent involved?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Makabe and Yano both suck so I really don't care. Throwing in guys like Wataru Inoue doesn't help. New Japan brawly stuff has never been particularly good but it adds variety to the shows.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I only have a small idea of what is going on but I saw Nakamura was involved in the beginning so.. :shobon:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Oh, man. Kikuchi vs. Kanemoto. :flashfap:

And I know I'm the only person who will feel this way, I feel kinda :unsmith: that Nakanishi finally gets a run with the belt.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Oh poo poo, the IGWP champion sounds like a lovely "real" wrestler who isn't actually that entertaining.

However, apparently the AJPW championship match that takayama won had fantastic storytelling. c/d

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Wazzu posted:

However, apparently the AJPW championship match that takayama won had fantastic storytelling. c/d
Um... yeah. You go with that.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/05/07/puroresu-pulse-issue-148-golden-week-and-royalty/
This week: a rundown of the absurd amount of results, and an interview with Fergal "Prince" Devitt!

edit: Tanahashi vs Nakanishi rematch for the belt is set for June 20th.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 7, 2009

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meltzer is predicting doom and gloom for NOAH because they drew 7,200 for the Budokan show and that this is a sign the loss of NTV is hurting them. I have to ask, HOW? NOAH hasn't done well on any of the shows built around tag leagues in the Budokan in the last two years, 7,000 seems about right for that show. I think the Buddy Rose bio broke his brain for the week.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's because they don't have the benefit of significantly profitable shows outside Tokyo. They really subsist on the Budokan gates. If 7200 is the attendance then they probably had 5000 or fewer paid. That's like one WWE house show, and they only do a couple Budokan shows a year!

By the way, where is Meltzer discussing it?

arthur138
May 26, 2003

Ditch posted:

It's because they don't have the benefit of significantly profitable shows outside Tokyo. They really subsist on the Budokan gates. If 7200 is the attendance then they probably had 5000 or fewer paid. That's like one WWE house show, and they only do a couple Budokan shows a year!

By the way, where is Meltzer discussing it?

newest newsletter:

Dave posted:

The loss of network television hurt more than expected as Pro Wrestling NOAH’s first Budokan Hall show of its new era drew just 7,300 fans on 5/6, featuring the finals of the Global Tag League tournament.

Mitsuharu Misawa & Go Shiozaki completed a clean sweep as all three teams tied for first going into the last day of the tournament lost. Misawa & Shiozaki’s win over Kensuke Sasaki & Takeshi Morishima in the main event ended up being the match to determine the tournament winner. Sasaki & Morishima had eight points while Misawa & Shiozaki had seven, so a win or a draw by Sasaki & Morishima guaranteed them the tournament championship. Shiozaki pinned Morishima after a lariat in 22:53.

The prior NOAH show at Budokan Hall, on 3/1, drew 14,200 fans for what was pushed as the final Budokan Hall show taped for NTV, as well as the return of the company’s biggest drawing card, Kenta Kobashi, who had been out of action since September after elbow surgery.

Sasaki & Morishima, Takeshi Rikio & Mohammed Yone and GHC tag champs Bison Smith & Akitoshi Saito went into the final day tied with eight points, in a tournament where a win is worth two points and a draw is worth one point.

The show was said to be sad, because of such a poor turnout even with two New Japan vs. NOAH interpromotional matches, including the first-ever meeting of Kobashi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan, in a tag match. The problem was that New Japan had run a show the prior night at Korakuen Hall, also with New Japan vs. NOAH matches, and had an IWGP heavyweight title match at Korakuen Hall earlier that day.

It had been widely expected that the loss of NTV would eventually lead to NOAH having to move out of Budokan Hall, but the feeling is with the cross- promotion with New Japan, it could be staved off. Now, aside from a possible Jun Akiyama GHC title defense against Hiroshi Tanahashi, and even that’s not a lock, there doesn’t seem to be much on the horizon that will make a difference.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't think this quite equates to a 50% reduction in fan interest, because:

-It was headlined by a tag league in a company where the tag scene hasn't been hot in years.
-Kobashi vs Tenzan was two over-the-hill guys coming off injury and tagging with young lions. Five or six years ago it would have been HUGE. Tenzan is especially worthless outside NJ.
-Last Budokan show had a longer build and a big main event.
-The NJ Korakuen shows almost certainly drew out a lot of the hardcore fans that might have otherwise gone to NOAH, especially ones who would have gone to cheer for Tenzan.

Still, not a good number.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Ditch posted:

Um... yeah. You go with that.

Oh...it was a terrible match then?

And thanks a bunch for the yoshihiko matches in your collumn. I find him drat entertaining, and a great oppurtunity for people to show off the drama in the fundamentals (if you didn't get excited by antonio honda and yoshihiko starting spots, there may be something wrong with you).

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 8, 2009

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Sugiura vs Hirooki Goto added to NJ's 6/20 show.

And yeah, Muta vs Takayama was bad unless you're a Mutoh mark.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 8, 2009

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Poster for NJ's next big show:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ioosxx.jpg

:psyduck:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They already have girls out doing promo work for it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch, I heard a rumor that someone of the New Japan guys were...

...on the gas!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well that's a shame, Koji Kanemoto will be banned from the building.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

MassRayPer posted:

Ditch, I heard a rumor that someone of the New Japan guys were...

...on the gas!
Look, just because they each have the muscle mass of ten average Japanese people

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
GIVE ME YOUR QUESTIONS FOR:

-Dory Funk Jr

-Osamu Nishimura (but within 24 hours on that one)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Okay so nobody cares about a former NWA world heavyweight champion. Maybe you'll care about the match stipulation for the main event of Big Japan's first show in June:

Death Cake of Fear 32,000 Thumbtacks & 200 Fluorescent Lighttubes 3.2.1 Birthday Death Cake Death Match:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

but will it be a white cake?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It will be flavored with PAIN.

and vanilla

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I MUST SEE THIS MATCH.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Ditch posted:

Poster for NJ's next big show:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ioosxx.jpg

:psyduck:

Isn't Giant Bernard Jewish? I wonder what he thinks about all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Holland Oats posted:

Isn't Giant Bernard Jewish? I wonder what he thinks about all this.
The Messuganator? The Moyle of Mayhem? JEWISH? No way.