Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
"Who ees your daddy and vot does he do?"

My personal favorite ventriloharassment ones are the Governator harassment clips, where they string the Arnold clips together to have a full conversation with some random kid in a vent channel while gradually becoming more and more abusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

This one is absolutely loving brilliant, mainly because the guys have no idea whats going on, "the signal must be bouncin off the moon or somethin!" I recommend everyone watch this video, it's long but worth every second.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Chomp8645 posted:

This one is absolutely loving brilliant, mainly because the guys have no idea whats going on, "the signal must be bouncin off the moon or somethin!" I recommend everyone watch this video, it's long but worth every second.

Seconding this. Absolutely amazing. I think I liked it the most because they seemed to be enjoying it just as much as I was.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sanctum posted:

I'm not sharing the Zoey conceptblock, sorry.

Woah, why not? That sounds like an excellent way to make your teammates kick another player for spamming. Come on, cough it up.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Judakel posted:

Woah, why not? That sounds like an excellent way to make your teammates kick another player for spamming. Come on, cough it up.

Novasol posted:

... seriously? "Hurr I found something cool but I'm not gonna share it!!!"

It's ConceptBlock657. There, I ruined your "fun."

It's like the next post, come on mate. :v:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Emalde posted:

It's like the next post, come on mate. :v:

Novasol saved us all! Can someone give us the silent queues that he mentioned as well?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

My favorite ventrilo clip has to be Darth Vader. It starts slow and generic, but quickly becomes great as Darth Vader has a full conversation with frustrated WoW nerds. It's one of the best soundboard pranks I've ever heard, even compared to the other clips, and it's not so long as to make the joke old halfway through like most of the Schwarzenegger ones.

nerd: "That is extremely loud and I don't like it."
Vader: "Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?"

nerd: "He's gonna follow me wherever I go."
Vader: "That is correct. It is useless to resist!"

:v:

Promoted Pawn fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 6, 2009

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
/\/\/\ Beaten somewhat.

The ventrilo harrasment videos are best when somehow against all odds an actual honest to god conversation takes place on both sides that to some degree, makes perfect sense.

Darth Vader: I am your father!
Someone Else: Ow! Its really loud.
Darth Vader: If only you knew the power of the dark side!
Darth Vader: DARTH VADER THEME ON 300% VOLUME
Someone Else: That poo poo is extremely loud and I don't like it.
Darth Vader: Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?
Someone Else: Just mute him. Ane keep muting him every time they keep joining
Darth Vader: No! Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did!

Arnold: Get your mother please.
Someone: What? No, she's sleeping dude.
Arnold: Bullshit. Get your mother please.
Someone: Wha? NO! Dude I told you *interrupted*
Arnold: Just do what I tell you.
Someone: I...
Arnold: C'mon.
Someone: I... uh...
Arnold: Trust me. I have the utmost respect for women. Get your mother please.
Someone: Alright. I'll go upstairs and ask her to come down here. You know how long that'll take.
Arnold: Yes.

When he starts describing her as a healthy female of breeding age I'm practically crying.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Judakel posted:

Novasol saved us all! Can someone give us the silent queues that he mentioned as well?

I don't know, but if I turn them up, I'll post them.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Going through more of those vent harassment videos, I laughed my rear end off at this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU93OJeLSgU

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

I have alot of fun killing the other bushes while playing Suicide Survival. I got bored one day after everyone refused to join the survivors side and started suiciding other bushes. You can turn off friendly fire but apparently none of the people playing knew this.

People got pissed the gently caress off when I started disabling their makeshift "bush fortresses". I was attempting to look for a few more things I could do but so many drat suicide prevention sites come up under google, even when putting in "steam" and "hl2".

Nazi Zombies fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 6, 2009

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
However amazing 4 str 4 stam leather belt and Duke Nukem are, nothing beats LINDSEY in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfhzTCwWzdE

Lindsey is one of my favorite youtube vids of all time. Nerds have no defense against a girl APPARENTLY

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 6, 2009

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008

Cheshire Puss posted:

The ventrilo harrasment videos are best when somehow against all odds an actual honest to god conversation takes place on both sides that to some degree, makes perfect sense.

Sometimes it just really fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4aqkyCzPA

Sounds like he'd be right at home on his show.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
^^^ Oh god this is one of my favorites

Holy poo poo we can embed Youtube now! Teach me to not read GBS today.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
These kill me every time. Sort of veering off topic, but if you want "holding a conversation" type soundboard pranks...

Where's Terry?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IXbDwuKT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYQnNIjVtU

Aaaand this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOfvfAukVw

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 6, 2009

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

I Love You! posted:

However amazing 4 str 4 stam leather belt and Duke Nukem are, nothing beats LINDSEY in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfhzTCwWzdE

Lindsey is one of my favorite youtube vids of all time. Nerds have no defense against a girl APPARENTLY

Holy poo poo dude, that was so loving awesome. "Hey guys you should come in here more, MRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA." The combination of that and some dude screaming "what the gently caress" is just perfection.

I love how it always starts out so calm.

Is there any way to make this poo poo my ringtone?, with "what the gently caress" and the dude screaming?

Nazi Zombies fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 6, 2009

JEWS ILLUMINATI
Aug 30, 2008
I just remembered some awesome griefing I did in Asheron's Call around mid 2008 when I had resubscribed to the game. For those that don't know, theres 1 PvP server called Darktide where people can attack eachother anywhere, and they lose items on death, and theres something like 7 white worlds where players can't kill eachother, but they still lose items on death when they die to monsters. In the game there are tradebot scripts that people run which sell all their nice items. On Darktide, people place these tradebots in their house, because there are barriers around the house that you can't hurt them past, but you can still open a trade dialogue with them.

A common method of killing these trade bots would be to find a monster nearby, drag it to the tradebot, and hope that it's able to kill them. This is pretty difficult to do, because a lot of the time the monster doesn't want to attack, or they can't be dragged far enough. The game also has pets in it, but the game was never really built for players to have their own pets, so all they do is follow players around. Some people I knew figured out how to make the pets attack people, by casting negative spells on it, which could only be done by modifying the game client to make them a valid target. There were already plugins that modified the game client in this way to combat unattended combat macros (so they could be tagged with a spell before they detected an unfriendly player and log out which caused the delayed pk logout). These people figured out that they could use them to kill tradebots through the boundaries, and track them back to their lifestone (where you go when you die in Asheron's Call) and kill them repeatedly to get all their loot. Most people didn't really know of the method since it was the group of 3 people who kept it a secret.

When they told me about the technique, I came up with the brilliant idea of going to the marketplace on the non pk worlds and using it to kill all the tradebots which are level 5 (which means the corpse "rots" fast which dumps all the items on the ground for anyone to take). At this point, people started crying, and the devs immediately began working on a hotfix. It was pretty cool, since people lost a lot of nice poo poo. Nobody even knows that it was me who brought it to the marketplace on the white servers. I also tried to blame the exploit on someone who was selling a third party program similar to mine, although unfortunately it didn't get him banned as I hoped it would.

Some forum posts caused by the exploit:
http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=38681&highlight=marketplace+tradebot
http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=38679
http://vnboards.ign.com/wintersebb/b5334/107419946/r107457114/
http://vnboards.ign.com/frostfell/b5153/107408963/p1
(I apologize for posting vnboard links here, terrible forums)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
These are the best two ventrilo harassment videos (make sure to watch them in this order):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nTJtugo3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-pxBxh1jY

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Nazi Zombies posted:

Holy poo poo dude, that was so loving awesome. "Hey guys you should come in here more, MRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA." The combination of that and some dude screaming "what the gently caress" is just perfection.

I love how it always starts out so calm.

Is there any way to make this poo poo my ringtone?, with "what the gently caress" and the dude screaming?

Well, if you got hold of the audio, you could cut the bit you want in audacity, save it as an mp3, bluetooth it to your phone and bingo.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow, that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

flatluigi posted:

These are the best two ventrilo harassment videos (make sure to watch them in this order):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nTJtugo3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-pxBxh1jY

I just wish I could find out who Peggy is and see if she is still a power tripping potty mouth as these videos show.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007
I had some TF2 fun tonight.
Normally I'll find a generic 24/7 2fort or goldrush server and teleport snipers from the battlements or get people stuck, general "that rear end in a top hat engineer" stuff, or provide snipers with "cover" in the form of flames blocking their scope. It is important in these situations to insist that you are "HELPING."

Tonight I was inspired by a video linked in the TF2 thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvbBpdR_Ds&fmt=22

I joined a random pub server playing dustbowl and insisted that the true MAN'S way to fight was with NATURE'S weapons, his FISTS(and sandvich). This absolutely infuriated my team, because I was not only being purposefully useless, I was berating them for not doing the same. I ended up wracking up some rather embarrassing kills(even a six-kill streak!), all the while talking poo poo about how cowardly my opponents were for using weapons, and eventually some of them took it to heart and started using my gimmick as well. This led to even more rage from the players trying to take the game seriously, and I sang their praises in the same breath that I cursed the cowards' lives. Cue ragequits and fuming over voice, until most of the server was seeking me out to do "glorious battle."

Long story short, I took the notion of being useless and made it appealing to pub players, enraging people taking the game seriously, and was praised for doing so.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Cholfo posted:

I had some TF2 fun tonight.
Normally I'll find a generic 24/7 2fort or goldrush server and teleport snipers from the battlements or get people stuck, general "that rear end in a top hat engineer" stuff, or provide snipers with "cover" in the form of flames blocking their scope. It is important in these situations to insist that you are "HELPING."

Tonight I was inspired by a video linked in the TF2 thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvbBpdR_Ds&fmt=22

I joined a random pub server playing dustbowl and insisted that the true MAN'S way to fight was with NATURE'S weapons, his FISTS(and sandvich). This absolutely infuriated my team, because I was not only being purposefully useless, I was berating them for not doing the same. I ended up wracking up some rather embarrassing kills(even a six-kill streak!), all the while talking poo poo about how cowardly my opponents were for using weapons, and eventually some of them took it to heart and started using my gimmick as well. This led to even more rage from the players trying to take the game seriously, and I sang their praises in the same breath that I cursed the cowards' lives. Cue ragequits and fuming over voice, until most of the server was seeking me out to do "glorious battle."

Long story short, I took the notion of being useless and made it appealing to pub players, enraging people taking the game seriously, and was praised for doing so.

I remember doing something similar back in Quake 1 CTF days, I'd started only using the axe, getting axe kills by throwing a grappling hook into them and hacking away, and capturing the flag while spamming axe-related puns. More and more people joined in, and we formed a joke clan tag called aXe and would flood public servers, axing people until they quit or joined in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy poo poo, a sequel to the Duke Nukem one? Awesome.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Do D&D griefs count? Because I have a couple of those.

I played a gnomish bard with charisma and talk skills out the rear end. Bluff, diplomacy, you name it. This meant that not only was I always chosen to be the talker for anything important and quest-related, but that I was able to do so in private.

Case in point, my band is tracking down a bunch of pirates, and we have an informant who's willing to spill the beans. I go with the DM to another room, hear his spiel, and he says he'll tell us the location of the pirates for 200 gold. Five party members times forty gold each is a good bargain, right? Well, I go back to the table and say "Okay guys, he sounds legit. He'll lead us to the pirates for only 350 gold."

I'm glad no one noticed the stink-eye the DM gave me. They each pay 70 gold, I pay nothing and pocket the 80 left over. I kept this up for months until the DM finally ratted me out to the other players.

What? I'm chaotic neutral. Suck it up, bitches.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GetWellGamers posted:

I'm a chaotic neutral dick. Suck it up, bitches.

This is great. I wonder how often griefing happens in D&D games, Magic TG, etc. Your tale reminds me of this chaotic player:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

GetWellGamers posted:

I pay nothing and pocket the 80 left over. I kept this up for months until the DM finally ratted me out to the other players.

This is absolutely hilarious. I haven't played much D&D, and never really had a chance to grief my DM, who was a close friend of mine and who probably would've turned it back on me ten fold. :D

I'd love to hear more D&D griefs if anyone has them.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

GetWellGamers posted:

I'm chaotic neutral. Deal with it. :smug:

What exactly is the problem with this? Isn't D&D supposed to be an open-ended thing where you do what you like where the DM is pretty much just a neutral overseer? I'm not that familiar with D&D but to me that sounds like a bad (or at least too partisan) DM.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Code Jockey posted:

Bit of a long story but it's a good one.

My party had this really annoying fucker of a gnome cleric. He played the self-righteous bit hard, which pissed my barbarian character off all the time. But everyone else in the group admired his courage and especially his healing powers, which did help us a lot. Also, we rolled for stats and the little douche had amazing numbers, which made the character pretty powerful. Anyway, I nursed a grudge against this bastard for a while, because he was always trying to cure me of my "wicked" ways of fighting, drinking, and loving.

So we enter into this underground cavern and have to cross a narrow bridge over a pit of cliche lava. A young evil dragon lives in the cavern and swoops out, toying with us and calling us all sorts of names. The DM starts communicating telepathically with my character through the dragon, in the form of notes we pass back and forth. At one point the dragon says out loud to the group that he can sense our weak wills and can cause us to turn on each other. The gnome cleric blusters back about how loyal a group we are and how we've survived all these trials and tribulations and that his 'god' is watching over us.

The DM then sends me a note saying "make a saving throw" which means the dragon is trying to use magic to get me to betray the group and attack someone. I simply write back "that won't be necessary" and I roll to push the little fucker into the lava and do so easily. The DM didn't even roll damage or anything- the dude just straight up died and I got to blame it on the dragon, who flew away laughing.

To his credit, the DM didn't rat me out.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!

I Said No posted:

What exactly is the problem with this? Isn't D&D supposed to be an open-ended thing where you do what you like where the DM is pretty much just a neutral overseer? I'm not that familiar with D&D but to me that sounds like a bad (or at least too partisan) DM.

My guess is the DM didn't just outright say, "He's taking your money." He probably just dropped them a clue -- a bill of sale, a drunken NPC, etc. -- that suggested that someone was taking their money.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Unzip and Attack posted:

Bit of a long story but it's a good one.

My party had this really annoying fucker of a gnome cleric. He played the self-righteous bit hard, which pissed my barbarian character off all the time. But everyone else in the group admired his courage and especially his healing powers, which did help us a lot. Also, we rolled for stats and the little douche had amazing numbers, which made the character pretty powerful. Anyway, I nursed a grudge against this bastard for a while, because he was always trying to cure me of my "wicked" ways of fighting, drinking, and loving.

So we enter into this underground cavern and have to cross a narrow bridge over a pit of cliche lava. A young evil dragon lives in the cavern and swoops out, toying with us and calling us all sorts of names. The DM starts communicating telepathically with my character through the dragon, in the form of notes we pass back and forth. At one point the dragon says out loud to the group that he can sense our weak wills and can cause us to turn on each other. The gnome cleric blusters back about how loyal a group we are and how we've survived all these trials and tribulations and that his 'god' is watching over us.

The DM then sends me a note saying "make a saving throw" which means the dragon is trying to use magic to get me to betray the group and attack someone. I simply write back "that won't be necessary" and I roll to push the little fucker into the lava and do so easily. The DM didn't even roll damage or anything- the dude just straight up died and I got to blame it on the dragon, who flew away laughing.

This is fantastic - we need more stories like this! That rear end in a top hat had it coming.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Ninjasaurus posted:

This is fantastic - we need more stories like this! That rear end in a top hat had it coming.

As an added bonus, after the gnome died I kind of (somehow) became the de facto leader of the party, which resulted in catastrophe as my plan in every situation was to charge in, screaming.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Unzip and Attack posted:

That is beautiful. :D

Banannana
Aug 12, 2007

Are you my mummy?
A simple D&D story:

Last time I played (and this was a while ago) I was a chaotic neutral half-orc frenzied berserker. The thing about frenzied berserker is, if they suffer any sort of damage, they go into a frenzy and will attack the nearest foes if there are any. If there aren't though, they will still find something to attack. It didn't take long for the chaotic neutral halfling rogue in our party to have fun lightly damaging me (I could take the hit easily) just to force the rest of the party to scatter. Worked great the first time, when we were walking through a long narrow passageway and nobody had time to get away from me. It took 2 unconscious party members before I could finally calm myself down.

So I guess technically it was the rogue griefing us, but I made a drat good tool for that.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes

I Said No posted:

Also, in 3e dnd, chaotic neutral always ended up being the alignment with no consequences. You were neutral, so you didn't really believe in either good or evil, and being chaotic meant that you did as you pleased, regardless of personal code or whatever. So as long as you didn't run around killing people willy-nilly (and probably sometimes even then), you could just say "Oh, I did that because I'm chaotic neutral, ok?" There was absolutely no justification to your actions, which is exactly the sort of thing alignments are supposed to bring.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Code Jockey posted:

I'll start with the synopsis of my pen&paper career: Thieves + rats. I've lost something like 15 different rogue-class characters over 4 or 5 different P&P worlds through dungeons and dragons editions to cyberpunk and shadowrun to Rol(l)master.. Die at level 1 to a rat? sure. Die at level 9 to a rat while using a spiderclimbing item, when the rat comes out of a hole in the wall on an extraordinary check from the DM, and I plummet 80 feet to my death? check. Bit by a rat and die of disease/poison? check. Fail a riding check when vermin scuttle under my horse? check. Giant rat? splat! In fact the only successful thief I ever had, I created with the express intent of him being deathly afraid of rodents - he went on to fame and fortune and never once saw a pair of beady eyes in his adventures no matter how badly the DM tried. :D

I almost always play a thief type, which has led to any number of funny "griefs" during game sessions on players as a good DM has no problem with a bit of pranking and pickpocketing.

-As I'm always the thief, I'm always the guy who opens chests. Duh. Hey DM, mind if I do a sleight-of-hand check? "Hey guys, looks like there wasn't that much.." This is pretty much my primary order of business: any time there is anything of value, my thieves MUST try and pocket it. Bonus points if it turns out to trigger a booby trap, and nobody knows how/why I set it off since they didn't see the little golden idol.. Sometimes I've failed and the group got wise to my ways, but since I was the only person who could open the stuff anyway, they just sighed and did nothing until such time as they decided to shake me down for healing potions and wands. :D

-Steal an obnoxious party member's potions and replace them with duds (bonus for drinking his potions during a fight he's helping with, or even more for hollernig "HERE USE MINE!" and saving the day when his potion fails,) experiment with exotic but non-lethal poisons on a party members' food and drink, rifle through their secret inventories without their knowledge, and then tell them to use items in combat which they'd believed to be a secret.

-And of course, generally trying to rob every NPC we come across, even if I'm VERY aware that it could gently caress up the entire adventure.

What do you mean, a Non-Lawful Monk?!
My all-time best grief though was for a DM: I'd moved to a new town and was craving a gaming session so I found a bulltin board posting for a game, which ended up being run by this gay, neckbearded 50 year old who lived with his mom.. The guy wasn't a terrible DM though and the group were entertaining guys so i hung aruond, but I noticed that the DM was a bit of an animu and tended to toss in a gratuitous, overpowered young girl NPC who was indesctructible and a major part of the plot, etc.. So after my thief died (to a giant bat, which is, after all, a winged rat,) I found the Monk sourcebook, and decided I wanted to try one because I'd never run a monk before... So I found the "Reef Pirate" monk subclass - this was important because I didn't want to be a "Lawful" monk, and this class could be played as any Evil Alignment, which is unique for a monk. So I of course immediately chose Neutral Evil.

Thus the idea was born: Som Gi Yo, the archetypal cheap kungfu movie martial arts bad-guy. We'd come across a commoner with a broken cartwheel, I'd walk up, speak in my worst dubbed voie-cover "You there! Do you believe you are man enough to defeat me!?" and then I'd kick the poo poo out of him. Or not, I was after all, only level 3 and monks are weak as a kitten at low levels.. So the party invariably ended up fighting off every tavern, village, wandering group of rangers or peasants, in fact - essentially anybody who was not immediately and very obviously superior to my fighting skills was fair game for my "bullying." Since half of our party were demi-humans and we were in a low magic setting, this meant that I'd pick a fight, and then the half-orcs and elves and gnomes ended up running from a lynch mob more times than I could count! :jihad:

This got the DM more and more angry: he'd spend all week carefully drawing a map of the loving hidden ninja village from Naruto for us to visit and doa quest, and I'd pick a fight, get the entire party chased out of town, and ruin the campaign idea (which, to be fair, myself and the other players had previously discussed as being the epitome of gay, since the DM kept spending so much time on a map of a place we didn't want to go, that there was sometimes nothing else to do.)

This character was a blast to play, he was always terrible in combat but managed to save the day a few times due to his extremely high Swim skill since, after all, he was raised on a boat. I picked fights with everything from captains of the guard to tavern girls to retarded stableboys, and the weaker they were and the more I could rub their face in a nearby mud/dungheap the better, Som Gi was indeed happiest when he could prove his "most superior skills of combat" or "my insurmountable strength!" on the weakest person in sight.

Eventually I showed up for the weekly session after having missed a week, to find out that the DM had taken over my character in a random encounter and picked a fight with some warrior who was decked out with glowing whoopdees and whatsits and I'd been eviscerated pretty instantly since I was still only level 4. The other guys in the group had been pretty pissed but were too wuss to call the DM out, so instead the quit the game with me the next week, mostly out of the annoyance of exploring anime shows when we had wanted to loot and pillage.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2009

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

coyo7e posted:

Som Gi was indeed happiest when he could prove his "most superior skills of combat" or "my insurmountable strength!" on the weakest person in sight.

HAHA that was a great read man, wish there were more gamers out there with a sense of humor.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Oh god, we're doing pen and paper now.

So to be fair, there's 2 important things to remember: playing a chaotic neutral character is the most awful thing you can do to a party/GM, and someone will always want to play a chaotic neutral character. It's basically deciding to roll up a 13-year-old and refusing to play the same game as everyone else, but there's always a fucker at the table who really doesn't see the problem with getting together once a week for the express purpose of screwing half a dozen close friends out of an evening. It's really funny the first time, but greifing your friends over and over in the name of "Chaotic Neutral" got pretty old while still in middle school.

Call of Cthulhu
So I've been playing tabletop games for years, and I'm usually the extremely chatty, character-oriented guy who actually tries to collect clues and move the story ahead. Sometimes I'm annoying, sometimes I'm stupid, sometimes I'm arrogant, but I'm almost always social and plot-oriented.

In the present 1990's campaign we're playing, I decided to roll up a totally non-social, average intelligence, impulsive female helicopter pilot with a very high Dex and absolutely no other impressive stats or non-dex skills. I am also extremely well-armed, being a Russian agent planted with US military personnel, and have a number of skills related to subterfuge and intelligence gathering, which the party is mostly unaware of. They have only recently come to realise that I am much, much better at killing people than anyone else in the party, and don't really seem to mind it after I ran over a suspected villain in the mountains with a Ford Explorer. This causes a problem in itself.

We recently discovered an enormous stash of some mysterious drug that seems to transport peoples' consciousness to another dimension. For those not familiar with Call of Cthulhu, it's a not uncommon plot element, and in the context of the game my character felt it very important to determine just what the effects of the drug were on a first time user.

Having no intention of taking the drug myself, I started wild speculations as to the nature of the drug, hoping to drag the rest of the party into a debate. The professor of the party quickly took the bait, at which point I suggested we settle the matter via coin flip, with the loser swallowing a full dose of the drug and reporting back if they lived.

Then I performed a sleight of hand check on the coin (imagine that, tails again) and watched him trip out, losing most of his sanity in the process.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Pfhreak posted:

My guess is the DM didn't just outright say, "He's taking your money." He probably just dropped them a clue -- a bill of sale, a drunken NPC, etc. -- that suggested that someone was taking their money.

No, the bastard literally ratted me out to the mage, just flat-out told him over IM. After that every time I did anything at all everyone at the table would roll sense motive on me. :argh:

And yeah, Chaotic Neutral is a bit of a juvenile alignment, but it's not like that was my only character. I had a Lawful Good fighter, an ex-farmhand who was specialized at throwing pitchforks into people, and a Chaotic Good cleric who was fed up with gods and religion and everything else and just wanted to help people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Has anybody posted the "Art of the Quincy" video from Playstation Home yet? I didn't see it anywhere but since this is a big thread, I might have overlooked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KAq8V4phY

• Locked thread