Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I had one of the coolest high-gain sounds I've ever had out of a stock Boss MT-2 into a Peavey Transtube Special 212II (the top Transtube amp before the XXL). Something about that amp made it sound absolutely fantastic, totally monstrous and distinct. It blew my fuckin' mind that I couldn't even come close with any other amp, when I took it to the store to try out amps when I was ready to upgrade it honestly sounded like the usual pejoratives - "a can of bees," total fizz machine. But into the Special 212II, even my guitarist buds freaked out over it because it sounded straight up brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Agreed posted:

I had one of the coolest high-gain sounds I've ever had out of a stock Boss MT-2 into a Peavey Transtube Special 212II (the top Transtube amp before the XXL). Something about that amp made it sound absolutely fantastic, totally monstrous and distinct. It blew my fuckin' mind that I couldn't even come close with any other amp, when I took it to the store to try out amps when I was ready to upgrade it honestly sounded like the usual pejoratives - "a can of bees," total fizz machine. But into the Special 212II, even my guitarist buds freaked out over it because it sounded straight up brutal.

Yeah I got an awesome sound with this setup below. I split the guitar signal in two and had one side going into the 5150 and one going into the MT-2 into that old 60s Ampeg Portaflex. It took some tweaking on the pedal but I got this huge, amazing high gain sound out of those two working together.
(my hosting)

I wish I still had that Ampeg. I've never seen another vertical 2x15 version of it since.

Meow
Dec 31, 2004

Fellow forums poster Captain Organ used an MT-2 to great effect as a bass distortion.

Admittedly it was through a vintage Sunn head and and 8x10 cab. But still.

Bathos posted:

Been wanting one of these for quite a while.

I want to part with my Ibanez DE-7 delay. It's in great condition and includes the box and manual. I've had it for a couple years, but it's seen nothing but tabletop use, so it's looking good.

What say you?

I'm not too into delay unfortunately. If I owned a delay pedal it'd probably be some lo-fi thing or maybe an MXR Carbon Copy.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

:downswords:

I just jizzed in my pants, you owe me a new pair of boxers.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Photex posted:

I just jizzed in my pants, you owe me a new pair of boxers.

Hah. I like my current setup more, anyway. Hopefully, the Engl also shows up next week to add to this.

The 5150 was a good amp but I wanted something new and sold it to buy a Matamp Roadster (which is also now gone, sadly). The Ampeg was found on the side of the road in someone's trash by my friend's dad who was a garbageman at the time. He brought it home. I was the only guy they knew who played guitar so they called me and asked if I wanted to fiddle with it. I 'borrowed' it from them for the next 6 years or so. Never bought it but I did replace all the tubes and clean everything up on it so it'd actually work once again. When I moved to Philadelphia, I didn't have room for it here. I then gave it back to that friend who packed it into the back of his storage unit in the middle of central Wisconsin where I'm sure it's still sitting.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

Hah. I like my current setup more, anyway. Hopefully, the Engl also shows up next week to add to this.

:downswords:

two pairs stop it you son of a bitch.

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

Meow posted:

Fellow forums poster Captain Organ used an MT-2 to great effect as a bass distortion.

Admittedly it was through a vintage Sunn head and and 8x10 cab. But still.

I'm not too into delay unfortunately. If I owned a delay pedal it'd probably be some lo-fi thing or maybe an MXR Carbon Copy.

Fair enough! Thanks for the consideration.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah I got an awesome sound with this setup below. I split the guitar signal in two and had one side going into the 5150 and one going into the MT-2 into that old 60s Ampeg Portaflex. It took some tweaking on the pedal but I got this huge, amazing high gain sound out of those two working together.
(my hosting)

I wish I still had that Ampeg. I've never seen another vertical 2x15 version of it since.

You got rid of a Flip-Top?!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Scarf posted:

You got rid of a Flip-Top?!

NOW I know what a mistake that was. I'm trying to think out a way I can get that back from him now that I DO have the space for it here. The only way I can think of is this: I left my car back in WI because I also didn't have a spot to park it here because I lived in downtown Philadelphia. Now I live a few blocks north of there and have space to park it so I'm thinking of going back to get my car. If I do that, maybe I can convince him to give me back to me and then stuff it in the car and drive it back home here to PA.

I really, really hope I can swing that. It was glorious sounding.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

Bathos posted:

Been wanting one of these for quite a while.

I want to part with my Ibanez DE-7 delay. It's in great condition and includes the box and manual. I've had it for a couple years, but it's seen nothing but tabletop use, so it's looking good.

What say you?

shoot... I was looking for one of these, and just bought one on friday. and I have a metal zone Im not using that Id love to get rid of...if I really like the DE-7 I may be up for the trade

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

7 Bowls of Wrath posted:

shoot... I was looking for one of these, and just bought one on friday. and I have a metal zone Im not using that Id love to get rid of...if I really like the DE-7 I may be up for the trade

Well, let me know if you decide. PM or hadopelagic.depths@gmail.com

Bathos fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 1, 2009

HornyBoy123
Mar 4, 2005
Putting in a Mesa Express 5:50 Combo with new power/preamp tubes up for trade.

Looking for another Mesa.

PM me!

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Selling a Taylor GS4e LTD-2007, excellent condition, in SAmart for $1250.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3126815

grahm fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 28, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anybody wanting to sell an AC30? :shobon:

Gaseous Clay
May 12, 2002
I just got a Oxygen49 keyboard that suits my needs way more than my 1 month old MPD24. It's a super flexible tool but I found myself needing a keyboard.

Great controller for hip hoppery

:whatup:

here's a stock pic of what you should expect.
http://wwdjsupply.com/images/mpd24_angle_lg.png

I got it for $180 shipped.

I'm interested in hand drums of any kind or any weirdish percussion instruments. Interested in a Bass guitar as well.

Holla

Asomodai
Jun 4, 2005

POSTING IN TFR = DONT ASK DONT TELL AM I RITE?
UK GOONS

I have a lovely Roland DB-900 here for sale/trade.

It has been gigged but is in good condition. It has lost one of the nuts for the hi-lo inputs but both inputs work fine. There are no problems at all with the amp.

The lowdown is:

7 YES THATS SEVEN, speakers built into ONE combo. 4x10, 2x12 and a tweeter.
The amp is fantastic for DUB/ROCK/FUNK music. This thing has loads of low end grunt. It looks awesome, sounds awesome and is awesomely heavy!
However its essentially like having a full stack in one large combo. It also has wheels!
Its not an modelling amp in the truest sense but it does have a Solidstate/Tube/Tube drive knob, Gain, volume, compression, Shape, Bass, mid volume, mid frequency, treble, D-Chorus and master volume controls! It has 2 programmable preset buttons to remember your fave settings as well! (very easy to use btw)

It has a headphone port, 2 footswitch ports, one for your onboard chorus and one for your programmed settings, a Balanced line out and DI out, a effects loop and a balanced DI.

These amps sell for over a grand brand new.

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=1499

Up for sale 300 quid,

Or part exchange with money your way or trade for 4/5 String basses. Part ex for a Metal styled guitar amp (Such as a Peavey 5150, Engl fireball etc.

PS i have no transport, so any trades would have to be done at my place in Bristol UK sorry :(

Asomodai fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 29, 2009

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
I have a tama swing star drumset with a no name 15" floor tom. I'm looking to trade it for a trigger brain with midi out. Also if anyone could chime in and make a guess about when this set was made, and what it's worth.

Located in Southern New England.

Thanks.

Click here for the full 800x1200 image.

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

Click here for the full 716x977 image.

Gaseous Clay posted:

MPD
I've got a bongo, about 12"x36" high. I was told was made in Africa. It looks like it was carved out of a tree trunk of some sort, and it's head still has gazelle fur on it near the edge? I have no idea what it's worth, but I paid 150$ for it.

Here are some pics :

Click here for the full 1200x800 image.

ease fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 30, 2009

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
Does anyone around Toronto, Ontario have a volume pedal for sale or trade? I have a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah pedal and a Boss OD-3, a beater banjo, and a few other things I would be willing to trade for one, as well as money.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

ease posted:

I've got a bongo, about 12"x36" high. I was told was made in Africa. It looks like it was carved out of a tree trunk of some sort, and it's head still has gazelle fur on it near the edge? I have no idea what it's worth, but I paid 150$ for it.

That's a djembe.

Bongos are Latin-American and come in pairs.

Gaseous Clay
May 12, 2002

ease posted:

Located in Southern New England.

Hi Southern New England Buddy. I'm in west hartford CT

I may be interested in that tama kit..

You have a plat account? If so hit my PM box if not, shoot me an email. scarwig at gmail dot com.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ease posted:

Here are some pics :

Isn't that a Djembe?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Didn't you take music class in 3rd grade?

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

ZombiePeanut posted:

Sorry I kind of flaked on this... I haven't had internet at home for a while due to just moving. It's rather annoying. I'll figure out if I need it for sure within the next few days.

Let me know if you're still interested. I'll probably be putting it on craigslist this weekend otherwise.

YakuzaBoB
Jul 2, 2003

BUY MY BREAKFAST CEREAL!
Mid 80s Mesa Boogie Studio .22 for trade for another rockin' combo amp/head of similar value... throw me some ideas!

Asomodai
Jun 4, 2005

POSTING IN TFR = DONT ASK DONT TELL AM I RITE?
I have a pair of Seymour Duncans, a TD-4 and SH-4, Want to trade or part ex (With money your way) For a set of EMG's or Seymour Duncan Blackouts (The metal MK2 versions)

I am in the UK so please bare that in mind :)

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Raze posted:

Let me know if you're still interested. I'll probably be putting it on craigslist this weekend otherwise.

Yeah... I'm not so sure. I probably won't need something for a while yet, and the vox night train is pretty interesting to me now. You can put it up there if you want.

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
Anyone wanna trade a sure SM58 for a sure SM57? Has a small dent in the round metal thing, but is functional perfect?

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I am selling a Mandala USB drum pad. This thing is very awesome. Check out my SA-Mart thread for all the details you could ever want.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3122140

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
Dammit, that's cool. Wish I had the cash.

MrWeight
Dec 9, 2006

by Ozma
Anyone wanna get rid of an RC2?

Satchmo
Nov 3, 2005
!?
My friend just gave me his black squier strat he never learned to play, would anyone be interested in trading for it? I've already got a strat I love, and I'd rather have some variety.

Other stuff I'm looking to trade away are a barely used VAMP-2 modeler, and a Crybaby 535Q wah.

Stuff I'd be interested in trading for are another cheap guitar or bass (some kind of tele perhaps?), a tubescreamer-ish pedal, or a good set of strat single coils. I'm pretty open to anything though.

edit: Also could use a decent ride cymbal...

Satchmo fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 5, 2009

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.
There was some recent discussion about the Danelectro baritone in the new gear thread, and it got me thinking. Is anyone intrested in getting rid of a Dano baritone? Or really any baritone, for that matter. Finally, does anyone know anything about acoustic baritones. I'm interested in them because I recently joined a duo where the other player does ukulele, and I think a bari might match the uke better. The only youtube videos I can find of acoustics are the the highly experimental ones, and not really in my style.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Anyone in the market for a Boss RV-5 reverb pedal? I picked one up in a trade a while ago and haven't had as much use for it as I had envisioned.

Likewise, if anyone has an SM57 that they'd like to sell, I'd most likely be all over that poo poo.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

bisticles posted:

Likewise, if anyone has an SM57 that they'd like to sell, I'd most likely be all over that poo poo.
I have one. Wish I had more use for it. Only used for one gig about a year ago. It has been sitting here. Comes with original box, case, manuals, and a long cable. PM with offer. Since it is practically new, I'm not budging too much.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Not a swap, but I don't think it's against thread rules to cross-post - I'm selling my white Gibson Explorer for $850 shipped if anyone is interested :)

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

SA Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3131910

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Thought I'd post this here as well, since you guys are cool and all :3:

Selling my Guild B-301 since I never use it anymore since I got my jazz bass properly set up. More info at the craiglist ad. I dunno what shipping would be, but if you're interested I could work something out. $400 with case; the bass has odd dimensions and doesn't fit in my other case designed for Fender-style basses.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/1159199695.html

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
That Explorer is loving hot.

I'm putting my Line6 Pod 2.0 up for sell/trade.

I need pedals. I'd be interested in any of the following.

- Line6 DL4
- Tech 21 California
- OCD Fulltone
- EHX Metal Muff

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

MasterWerk posted:

Still trying to sell or trade my Red Witch Moon Phase ($135 Shipped), the Dan-O Cool Cat Fuzz ($25) and the Dan-O Cool Cat Drive ($20)

looking for a Barber Dirty Bomb, Earthquaker Hoof (or some other super awesome russian muff), earthbound supercollider, modded or unmodded ds-1. got anything cool, guys?
Are the Cool Cats still available? I've been feeling a little underwhelmed with the dirt I have, and those both sound like they might help.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Contemplating selling a few things that I don't use too much. Just throwing these out for interest. PM with an offer or even for trades and see if it gets my interest

Pedals
- Zakk Wylde Overdrive
- Bass Chorus Boss CEB-3
- Humphrey modded Boss CS-3 Bass Smasher Compression pedal
- EHX Memory Man w/Hazarai

Basses
- 2006 Highway 1 Precision Bass http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoapower/2273289676/in/set-72157604159710697/ This is the updated HWY1, satin finish with graphite rods to reinforce the neck and BadAss II bridge. Currently outfitted with La Bella flats, but can swap out for roundwounds on request. This is in excellent condition, maybe a 9 out of 10, because it has been gigged quite a bit.

- Early 80's Ibanez 5 string in a yellowized pearl with two active EMG humbuckers. I had professionally defretted and lined in 91. Doesn't play too bad. String spacing is very narrow. Bridge needs to be 'set' with loc-tite or else can rattle with aggressive fingering. Neck was damaged prior to buying it in 1990 near the headstock. Not cosmeticly perfect, but the bass isn't near new. Can send pictures. Comes with a Peavy hardcase. Offers welcome, local preferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.
I'm looking to sell my Cad M9 tube mic. it's just not capturing my silky smooth voice like i want it to, lol. I just don't think i'm into the tube-mic sound.

The mic is almost brand new. used with a pop-screen, so, no i didn't spit all over it. will sanitize the screen anyway.

$215 shipped. Holler!