Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

GetWellGamers posted:

No, the bastard literally ratted me out to the mage, just flat-out told him over IM. After that every time I did anything at all everyone at the table would roll sense motive on me. :argh:

And yeah, Chaotic Neutral is a bit of a juvenile alignment, but it's not like that was my only character. I had a Lawful Good fighter, an ex-farmhand who was specialized at throwing pitchforks into people, and a Chaotic Good cleric who was fed up with gods and religion and everything else and just wanted to help people.

Oh dont get me wrong, it's funny at times, and having a selfish character can really enhance the roleplaying within a party. It's just the sheer overwhelming number of chaotic neutral rogues I've grouped with really starts to wear on you, especially since there's no real reason for a chaotic neutral rogue to ever go adventuring instead of just holding people up and robbing city centers.

Most chaotic neutrals play in such a way that they could never have friends, and yet they get to travel with the party because they are real-life friends with the players and the rest of the party is often expected to "keep it together" for the sake of the game. It's often really unfair to the GM or party because the player will just ignore the game and do whatever the gently caress they want, which (while fine if in character, i do it constantly) is usually explained by saying "I'm chaotic neutral!" and not having any actual reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
My reputation as a fast-talker was what kept the party from sicing the barbarian on me. I talked out way out of jail once, and if they wanted the best route anywhere they had to have me ask for it, so they grudgingly kept me on board.

Plus bard songs rock.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

I Love You! posted:

Most chaotic neutrals play in such a way that they could never have friends, and yet they get to travel with the party because they are real-life friends with the players and the rest of the party is often expected to "keep it together" for the sake of the game. It's often really unfair to the GM or party because the player will just ignore the game and do whatever the gently caress they want, which (while fine if in character, i do it constantly) is usually explained by saying "I'm chaotic neutral!" and not having any actual reason at all.

Just do what I do when people in your group are acting like that- wait for the perfect moment and kill them.

I played in a group once and we had a guy playing with us that is a really nice dude, but would constantly put the rest of the party in needless danger by doing outrageously stupid stuff that wasn't even in character. So I waited until he was away from the rest of the group and straight up murdered him. It pissed the player off something terrible but in my mind if something in game makes you that angry maybe you shouldn't play.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Unzip and Attack posted:

Just do what I do when people in your group are acting like that- wait for the perfect moment and kill them.

Why kill them when you can ruin them completely?

Blood Mages Suck

So long before the Blood Mage was granted legitimacy by Warcraft 3 and D&D 4th Edition, it was a horrible player-made subclass floating around for early additions of Dungeons and Dragons, and all the middle-school nonconformists who rolled one up had to make the truly hard choice between a Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil alignment. It didn't matter, however, because every blood mage was played like a total psychotic moron and would repeatedly gently caress the party at every turn.

For those not in the know, the original idea behind the blood mage was to inflict wounds upon the caster or THE REST OF THE PARTY to power their spells beyond normal means. Of course this meant two things - blood mages were constantly causing awful things to happen to the rest of the party, and their spells were inherently better than normal wizard spells. So basically the class was a double-gently caress-you: not only was the character better, it also hurt the rest of the party in the process of being better.

So my level 3 Enchanter had enough of the higher-level blood mage lording over everyone else. While everyone slept and I took watch, I basically stood over his body casting repeated Charm Person spells until I ran out. I didn't care if the first few failed, since I had plenty more and no one was going to be upset if they woke up to my character softly chanting 30 yards away, since I was supposedly "studying my spellbook".

Morning came, and I happily suggested our mighty blood mage "show me every last one of his spells!" since they were so awesome and powerful. My newly charmed buddy was happy to comply, using up his entire day's contingent of broken-good magic on a straw dummy I had procured. Then I tied him up, planted an Acid Arrow in the middle of his spellbook right in front of him (even though I would have killed for the spells), and convinced the party Paladin he had tried to kill me. The paladin testified in front of a tribunal, he was thrown in jail, and he had no way to ever recover a spell.

We weren't allowed to make blood mages any more.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 7, 2009

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I Love You! posted:

Why kill them when you can ruin them completely?

Blood Mages Suck

So long before the Blood Mage was granted legitimacy by Warcraft 3 and D&D 4th Edition, it was a horrible player-made subclass floating around for early additions of Dungeons and Dragons, and all the middle-school nonconformists who rolled one up had to make the truly hard choice between a Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil alignment. It didn't matter, however, because every blood mage was played like a total psychotic moron and would repeatedly gently caress the party at every turn.

For those not in the know, the original idea behind the blood mage was to inflict wounds upon the caster or THE REST OF THE PARTY to power their spells beyond normal means. Of course this meant two things - blood mages were constantly causing awful things to happen to the rest of the party, and their spells were inherently better than normal wizard spells. So basically the class was a double-gently caress-you: not only was the character better, it also hurt the rest of the party in the process of being better.

So my level 3 Enchanter had enough of the higher-level blood mage lording over everyone else. While everyone slept and I took watch, I basically stood over his body casting repeated Charm Person spells until I ran out. I didn't care if the first few failed, since I had plenty more and no one was going to be upset if they woke up to my character softly chanting 30 yards away, since I was supposedly "studying my spellbook".

Morning came, and I happily suggested our mighty blood mage "show me every last one of his spells!" since they were so awesome and powerful. My newly charmed buddy was happy to comply, using up his entire day's contingent of broken-good magic on a straw dummy I had procured. Then I tied him up, planted an Acid Arrow in the middle of his spellbook right in front of him (even though I would have killed for the spells), and convinced the party Paladin he had tried to kill me. The paladin testified in front of a tribunal, he was thrown in jail, and he had no way to ever recover a spell.

We weren't allowed to make blood mages any more.

These D&D stories are great. Are we still talking about pen/paper here or do people do this stuff online now? I never really got into the D&D scene, but it sounds great.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ninjasaurus posted:

Are we still talking about pen/paper here or do people do this stuff online now?

Some people can't get together physically, so they play online via various chat mediums.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Zero Star posted:

Has anybody posted the "Art of the Quincy" video from Playstation Home yet? I didn't see it anywhere but since this is a big thread, I might have overlooked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KAq8V4phY

If theres one thing I have learned in all my years of gaming, the people that use female avatars are usually %100 male. All the time.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Nothing of this caliber could be accomplished with Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, right? I only played single player NWN1, so I'm not sure how deep the multiplayer is.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ringo Star Get posted:

If theres one thing I have learned in all my years of gaming, the people that use female avatars are usually %100 male. All the time.

Guys often play female avatars because they like the attention, and guys that play male avatars tend to give them stuff. Women often play male avatars because they dislike the attention female ones get. However, there are people of both sexes that tend to use avatars of the same gender.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

m2pt5 posted:

Guys often play female avatars because they like the attention, and guys that play male avatars tend to give them stuff. Women often play male avatars because they dislike the attention female ones get. However, there are people of both sexes that tend to use avatars of the same gender.

Gamers are so god damned weird.

Although when I think about it, for some reason, I tend to find myself mostly playing female characters in fighting games, I wonder what that says about me? I have no idea why.

I have a thing for chun-li's treetrunk thighs don't judge me

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Code Jockey posted:

Although when I think about it, for some reason, I tend to find myself mostly playing female characters in fighting games, I wonder what that says about me? I have no idea why.

I use to farm honor for my friend's warlock in WoW (a girl, both in real life, and in game) and the PMs you get are pretty creepy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Code Jockey posted:

I like to play as women many times because they are often faster and more stealthier than their male counterparts and I think I like that playstyle more.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Zero Star posted:

Has anybody posted the "Art of the Quincy" video from Playstation Home yet? I didn't see it anywhere but since this is a big thread, I might have overlooked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KAq8V4phY

I have done this exact same thing, except I waited until someone invited me into their apartment, then switched characters. One guy didn't know how to kick me out and spent ten minutes just telling me to leave.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
I never was able to play pen and paper (There's no community at all in Srbija). So I am wondering if there are any tales of LARP griefing, because if I had the chance, I would make bard characters actually sing and play instruments and make songs, and I would "roll" for them based on how much I liked the songs.

edit: vvv On the internet, SOMEONE has done it...

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 8, 2009

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Gorilla Radio posted:

I never was able to play pen and paper (There's no community at all in Srbija). So I am wondering if there are any tales of LARP griefing, because if I had the chance, I would make bard characters actually sing and play instruments and make songs, and I would "roll" for them based on how much I liked the songs.

LARP griefing... I don't think it's worth it. I thinking being in a LARP is basically griefing yourself.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Taking me back to high school here!

D6 Star Wars:

The GM had a campaign kickoff with a massive ambush set up in which the party was supposed to be captured (later to be sprung by a helpful NPC). However, one of the guys in our party was a trigger-happy SOB and so flipped off the attackers and started drawing his gun on the Imperial captain in charge of the ambush while we were surrounded by 50 Stormtroopers. My character (a rogue type with some shootin' and flyin' skills) was standing next to this bruiser, and I tried for a fast KO on my teammate but sadly didn't make the reaction roll - so this guy shot the captain, then I knocked his rear end out.

Commence epic firefight, which I didn't take part in since I made my rolls to sneak away. I ambushed a janitor on the space station, stole his uniform and mop bucket, and spent the next six hours working my way onto the next departing freighter.

I earned a Dark Side point for punching my buddy and running away but was also the only one who escaped - everyone else was captured and some had major wounds.

After everyone else got pissed off and left the GM just said "tonight didn't happen" and we ran another intro into the campaign the following week.

I also had a habit of blasting the two females (females playing female characters) with stun bolts when they had catfights every couple of weeks, which the rest of the team thought was pretty funny.

World of Darkness:
I played the only normal human in our party and blew up the bar and upstairs apartment owned by our Werewolf team member to eliminate the vampire horde coming up from the basement. She burned my house down a month later trying to get into my weapons stash, so I guess we ended up even on that one.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Midjack posted:

After everyone else got pissed off and left the GM just said "tonight didn't happen" and we ran another intro into the campaign the following week.

Talk about EPIC fail in DMing- I've never even heard of something like that happening. How did he get everyone to agree to that?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I ran most games I've been involved in, except the last few games where I played Exalted, which is one of the most over the top silly games ever, its like Dragon Ball Z meets your most insane imagination.

So the GM spends weeks in this campaign where my character leads 2 others in building up the political connections and military might to take over the world. the GM grabs this character from the source materials, Yurgen, this big, badass viking dude who kicks rear end and chews snow moose. It was pretty obvious this guy was intended to be my characters worst enemey.

I opened my campaign against the world by killing him. Hilarious at the time, at ever step the GM asking why on earth I was doing this and what the hell was I doing. I regret it now cause that caused him to burn out real quick :(

I also played Star Wars once, played a Mon calimari and was capture along with the rest of the group. We escape our cells and make it to the mess hall after raiding the weapons stock. Then we get surrounded by stormtroopers, the GM obviously wanting us to give up. So I active the two thermal detonators I had (in the RPG they are huge AoE weapons) and run at them, dying but taking out half the prison in the process.

I rerolled as a wookie, tore off some interns arms and dual weilded spinal cords before hacking my way out of the prison. That entire session was basically me greifing the new GM, he spent the entire time with his head in his hands.

Banannana
Aug 12, 2007

Are you my mummy?
All of you RPG griefers really need to check out Paranoia, where screwing over your team is generally encouraged.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I rerolled as a wookie, tore off some interns arms and dual weilded spinal cords before hacking my way out of the prison. That entire session was basically me greifing the new GM, he spent the entire time with his head in his hands.

This needs an illustration so badly.

And :golfclap: for your Mon Cal going "Allahu (Admiral)Ackbar!" into 50 stormtroopers.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

MarionetteOwl posted:

All of you RPG griefers really need to check out Paranoia, where screwing over your team is generally encouraged.

Paranoia was always my favorite to run, by virtue of being encouraged to grief my players as often if not more often than they managed to grief one another.

Assigning the single most sociopathic player whatever skill set was most directly relevant to advancing the plot was always my favorite thing to do -- as it forced everyone maintain a wary alliance dedicated to to keeping him alive and on track, despite his best efforts to the contrary. And on days when they abandoned the plot and just let him run amok, I had even more fun just making it all up on the fly.

Body count was usually about 5 clones per session, spread between 4-6 players, and they grew so adept at lying, cheating, backstabbing, forging, and establishing plausible deniability -- it turned into a real challenge to trap anyone into a punishable offense.

I wish West End would find someone to establish a 2nd Edition ruleset version of the game for online play. Partly for the nostalgia, party for the comedy value of a game in which grief is the norm and tempered only by the knowledge of mutually assured destruction.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Grief-reversing in PnP Mechwarrior 3rd ed:

Mechwarrior 3rd Ed's character generation process is long and involved and generally a pain in the rear end. However, it's a good one, in that by the time you're done, you've actually *had* to answer all those RP questions you're nominally supposed to in most systems and few people do. Well, we were starting up a game, and these two guys wanted to join but wanted me to make their characters since chargen is long and hard.

So I did. And I spent all their discretionary skillpoints in "Banjo Pickin'" "Rodeoin'" and "Being Fat." To their credit, they just took that in stride and played along. Fast forward a few sessions into the game, we're at a political rally celebrating a recent victory, and our figurehead leader is giving a speech. Terrorists breach the perimeter and launch a nerve gas canister onstage! One of these two (who by then had become "Those idiots" by way of reference in the party, for their IC and OOC actions) bravely jumps on the canister and explains he has a very high skill in "Being Fat" and wants to use it to smother the gas canister, thus containing the gas safely. The GM didn't believe him and I have to stifle my laughter and tears while verifying that he does indeed have a very high skill in "Being Fat." He does successfully contain the gas and I wind up having to pin a medal on him for his meritorious service in "Being Fat."

Not to be outdone, the other idiot later used his "Rodeoin'" skill to ride a bull through a POW camp, causing untold carnage and making a fine distraction while the rest of us bushwhacked the guards, freeing the POWs. I again had to pin a medal on one of those idiots for outwitting my vengeful character generation and the GM's estimation of our abilities in a creative fashion that saved the day.

You may think we're all assholes for saddling them with lovely skills and calling them idiots when they did twice use these poor skills to save the day, but among their actions that earned them the title "those idiots" were:

1. Stealing a tractor and driving it instead of their mechs in a military parade.
2. Deliberately crapping their pants to piss off their sergeant.
3. Refusing to hose each other off after the pants-making GBS threads incident despite their sergeant threatening to taze them.
4. Attempting to use spanking as a method of extracting information from a captive.
5. Spending 75% of our games drunk IC, OOC, or both.
6. Unauthorized use of Battlemechs for "a fireworks show"
7. Finding out how far you can jump a main battle tank at full speed off a "totally sweet ramp"
8. Referring to their colonel as "that dude"
9. Referring to Tormano Liao as "boss guy"
10. Drinking mech coolant to see if it would get them drunk
11. Trying it a second time after learning it causes kidney failure

That's just what I can remember, if I still knew the guy who'd played their sergeant, he actually had a notebook *full* of their various demerits and infractions.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All this talk of Tabletop games remind me of the rat-flail
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=110

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

One time I made a chaotic good rogue who wanted nothing more than to become a pirate, although not for any particular desire for slashing throats and plundering booty, just because a pirate seemed like the thing to be. Basically, I was Guybrush Threepwood.

Then I started playing like it was a Lucasarts adventure game. Picking up every single thing I could carry, getting through every encounter by rigging up some improbable combination of items, and never drawing my sword without a rhyming bon mot prepared.

I had a cool DM who got into it, though. Eventually he was sending me telepathic messages from a voodoo priestess telling me to do crazy things like cone of colding some vipers until they froze solid, and shooting them as poisoned arrows.

Gorilla Radio posted:

I once brought a ukulele to a session and played whatever I could shoehorn into the effect I wanted. Sleep? Play the riff from Enter Sandman. Charm? Sweet Child o' Mine. I have a portable amp and I would have brought the electric guitar next time, but we never continued that game for some reason.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MarionetteOwl posted:

Given that it's part of the premise of the game, some people would say you aren't able to grief people in Paranoia.

There people have never executed a fellow Troubleshooter for having Machine Empathy. By getting permission from The Computer first. It took secret Anti-Mutant lore, drugging the traitor to the gills, a lot of fast-talking, and getting The Computer to forget about the conversation a few times so I could start over, but it was GLORIOUS. It would've been a lot easier to kill them out of hand and justify my actions after the fact except that I'd ended up with less combat skills than a serving of Hot Fun.

QtoZ
Oct 29, 2003

No matter where you go, there you are.
When I played AD&D the DM we played with was awful and he would often start over the campaign every few sessions and since no one else in our group had the patience to deal with DMing we just put up with it. I would usually role a rogue and proceed to rob the richest house I could find, ignoring the plot completely. This would usually end up in a stand off with me on a roof surrounded by a crowd of guards and onlookers while I empty quivers of crossbow bolts into the crowd. The other players didn't get to play often because my actions demanded so much screen time but it was usually entertaining while I thwarted our lovely DM at every turn with lucky throws and rules dissembling.

The "best" session we ran was when I changed tracks and created an egotistical neutral evil illusionist. Now in AD&D mages at low levels had poor fighting skills, stupidly low hit points, and have the ability to only cast a couple of spells a day. I specialized in illusions because even at low levels creative use of illusions can get you through encounters that would be impossible with a single magic missile.

We had a simple quest where we had to investigate a strange new temple in the city that was converting people at an alarming rate. What I did instead was get drunk in a tavern and with a lot of bragging and some illusions set off a riot in the poor quarter. The DM was pissed that I was "ruining" his game and stuffed me in a dungeon. The guards then took my spellbook and burned it in front of me. In the game a wizards spellbook is their source of power at hard to replace without a lot of gold which I didn't have. What I did have was enough gold to buy a lot of lamp oil and I torched the whole loving town to the ground. Incidentally this also solved the temple problem too and I managed to get some cash to buy a book by looting its charred ruins.

We were on a hot streak managing to go three months with the same characters. My party and I were rolling in magic items, so much so the DM decided to try to take some away from us by tossing a high level mage at us to take them from us. At the time we were using a new fangled "critical hits chart" which added effects like maiming and decapitations to critical hits. (This added hilarious consequences to critical misses, like accidentally decapitating yourself with a morning star). I casted "hypnotic vision" which was a level 1 spell that leaves its victim enthralled with the pretty lights. Since it was level 1 and the wizard was so high level he had a very low chanced of being effected. Luckily he rolled a critical failure and was entralled where our fighter promptly strolled up, rolled a 20, then rolled a 100% on the table, scoring an instant decapitation.

This enraged the DM so much that he quit the game in disgust and I haven't played dungeons and dragons since... :(

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

I Love You! posted:

Forgive my pen and paper ignorance (never had a chance to play it, despite really wanting to), but how did you keep everyone else from knowing you were doing this? A lot of these things are funny, but I feel like my lack of knowledge is keeping me from getting it completely.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dissolusion posted:

Forgive my pen and paper ignorance (never had a chance to play it, despite really wanting to), but how did you keep everyone else from knowing you were doing this? A lot of these things are funny, but I feel like my lack of knowledge is keeping me from getting it completely.

You pass notes to the GM. This is a very much required skill in Paranoia where what you are saying and what you are really trying to do are almost always exactly the opposite.

"Fellow Troubleshooters, hold aim until the Commies round the corner"
*note to GM* I am actually aiming directly at Pez-Y-DIRT's head from behind him. I am going to try to make it look like a misfire.

A friend played an entire campaign where they all start in a giant cage (somehow still armed) locked by an evil somebody. DM had this long elaborate plot where they find a loose brick and they travel into the catacombs, find a bunch of hard beasties, and eventually get to the guy who caused the entire mess.

One guy decides to try to cut the bars. DM never really put anything down if they try to take the impossible route but he entertained them by making the check really hard. 3 20's in a row to cut through. Guess what he rolled.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 8, 2009

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Dissolusion posted:

Asked to speak to the GM in another room or slipped him a note. Actually my party was good enough and i wanted to make enough of a point that I just said it right at the table. Everyone had announced they were asleep, they had no in-character knowledge so they really couldn't justify any action, and it's not like the Blood Mage had endeared himself to the rest of the party enough to make anyone break character in an attempt to save him.

If your character is asleep and something happens, you can't just say "I wake up". At best, there's a chance to wake up based on what has taken place. A spell like charm person has no violent effects or flashy lights, and standing that far away there was no justification for the party or victim to suddenly awake and notice what I was up to. If they'd tried, the GM would have just said "no, you're still asleep, nothing has happened".

So the players knew, out of character, what I had done, but they had their characters take my side (since I had done nothing visibly wrong) and we threw the guy in jail. Usually when a character commits a heinous crime on the party, however, they do it by slipping the GM a note or explaining their actions in private.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Dissolusion posted:

Either he did it privately with the GM, or more likely, passed notes back and forth on paper. Yeah, people would know something's up, but they can't be sure what.

EDIT: I need to learn to refresh the page before I post.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

All this pen and paper griefing just reminds me of this video (I'm sure a lot of you have probably seen it):
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhmUj9QJ9RM
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FMURHhgzc

It is in French with subtitles, but is really good.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dissolusion posted:

All this pen and paper griefing just reminds me of this video (I'm sure a lot of you have probably seen it):
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FMURHhgzc

It is in French with subtitles, but is really good.

holy gently caress that was awesome

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I finally have a funny one, but I think it's only accidental griefing. I was playing Free for All CoD4 yesterday and I just kept screwing over the same guy. Certainly not intentionally, but it probably seemed that way to him. I'd kill him, he'd spawn in front of me and I'd kill him again. He'd be in a firefight down the way a bit and I'd kill his target then him. The one time he called in a helicopter, the only one in that match, I ran indoors to take cover. Turns out there was a mounted machine gun in there, so I decided to shoot down the copter. Then I saw who'd called it in. I felt a little bad for him, but he still came out on first place.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

GetWellGamers posted:

This needs an illustration so badly.

And :golfclap: for your Mon Cal going "Allahu (Admiral)Ackbar!" into 50 stormtroopers.

Something I just realised I didnt make clear, by hacking I mean I hacked a door. as a wookie. After everyone (including the Smuggler, a Mon cal and an Ithorian, all of whom are MUCH better at tech stuff, I think I had 1 or 2 points in Hacking)

E:

Dissolusion posted:

I just started watching this an it reminds me of when I joined the RPG society at the uni and nearly this exact scenario played out. The GM had written up a bigass story line in some DnD derivative(which is boring as poo poo, DnD has its nice parts but it is not the most entertaining system) and has a bunch of players who take the game way, way too seriously. One guy wrote this hilariously crap character history that had a part where he details how bandits raped his wife.

We roll characters, I make a warlord type character, High Charisma and High strength and stuff. We break into a bandits secret cave thing, I bluff our way by the guards and we get to the bandit boss dude. I grab him, demand he calls the guards off and everyone lays down their weapons.

The GM just stopped, looked at me and didnt say anything. Then he said "they don't?". This ended with me killing the bandit boss, all the bandits killing me and another player and inuring the mage alot.

The Mage survived by hilariously was too weak to climb up the rope out of the cave. The campaign ended there.

(This thread went from Greifing to Share cool RPG stories p. quick)

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 8, 2009

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Something I just realised I didnt make clear, by hacking I mean I hacked a door. as a wookie. After everyone (including the Smuggler, a Mon cal and an Ithorian, all of whom are MUCH better at tech stuff, I think I had 1 or 2 points in Hacking)

Who cares about hacking? You were dual-wielding spines.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

blackguy32 posted:

I like to play as women many times because they are often faster and more stealthier than their male counterparts and I think I like that playstyle more.

I use that excuse too.

Also if it's something like Mass Effect and I'm going to be staring at the back of somebody for 90% of the game, I'd rather it was girl rear end and not some meathead with terrible voice acting.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

glitchkrieg posted:

Also if it's something like Mass Effect and I'm going to be staring at the back of somebody for 90% of the game, I'd rather it was girl rear end and not some meathead with terrible voice acting.

That's the excuse most people use. It's also the one that sounds the most like bulllllshit.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

I generally make both male and female characters in any game (I like variety), but most of the time it is based on which one looks the coolest. That's why my first character in Saint's Row 2 was a female, and that's the reason I have some female WoW and Warhammer alts. Sometimes the female versions are just easier to make look good.

Cryle
Jul 19, 2008

by Ozmaugh
when i play paranoia and there's a dull moment i like to take a rolled up sock and throw it in the air screaming "GRENADE." If nobody catches and throws it away it it's new clones for all. Really smart dudes will sometimes catch it and throw it at the player they liked least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Trainmonk posted:

That's the excuse most people use. It's also the one that sounds the most like bulllllshit.

you're right this is such bullshit. it's obviously because everyone who plays a female character is gay

• Locked thread