Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I like these stories, it's funny when you hear someone as your griefing them, but seeing their face makes it even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

So Nasty posted:

Any chance we can get back to griefing and you D&D nerds roll whatever the hell it is to leave.

Seriously guys. This thread is funny as hell and when I saw there were two new pages today that I haven't read imagine my disappointment when they had nothing to do with griefing. So basically please post more grief and take the D&D FAQ to the trad. forum thanks!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So Nasty posted:

Any chance we can get back to griefing and you D&D nerds roll whatever the hell it is to leave.

Any chance you can stop thread making GBS threads and roll whatever the hell it is to :frogout:.

These stories are funny, also greifing, also the most posts the thread has had in months, also lol "nerds" like dudes playing DnD is any worse than dudes playing video games.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Any chance you can stop thread making GBS threads and roll whatever the hell it is to :frogout:.

These stories are funny, also greifing, also the most posts the thread has had in months, also lol "nerds" like dudes playing DnD is any worse than dudes playing video games.

I think he was referring not to the D&D griefing (which is hilarious) but to the general D&D discussion going on.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Constantine XI posted:

I think he was referring not to the D&D griefing (which is hilarious) but to the general D&D discussion going on.

If thats the case I apologise and retract my statement, but not the "lol nerds" part :colbert:

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

If thats the case I apologise and retract my statement, but not the "lol nerds" part :colbert:

seems like you just got griefed

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director
I'm really enjoying the D&D griefing stories that paranoia game sounds interesting, but I agree that we should put a stop to disscussion like the proper use stone shape

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
This guy has some good Ventrilo griefing videos.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Starcraft griefing we've all done as Zerg:

Inevitably you'll be able to find someone who does a 2v2 comp stomp on Big Game Hunters. When you and your "ally" are about to administer the coup de grace to the computer player, drop alliance. If you're strong enough to beat your former pal they'll disconnect here; however if not you can really drag it out against people who won't disconnect no matter what.

Burrow drones all over the map; if you have some scourge to spare those are good too. Then, every few minutes, create a new base and mine enough resources to make yet another base. Crank out a few zerglings and more drones, attack, get destroyed, rinse, and repeat.

The most I've done this is almost 2 hours, getting shouted at on chat the entire time.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Midjack posted:

The most I've done this is almost 2 hours, getting shouted at on chat the entire time.

:psyduck: This is more like griefing yourself.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Midjack posted:

Starcraft griefing we've all done as Zerg:

Inevitably you'll be able to find someone who does a 2v2 comp stomp on Big Game Hunters. When you and your "ally" are about to administer the coup de grace to the computer player, drop alliance. If you're strong enough to beat your former pal they'll disconnect here; however if not you can really drag it out against people who won't disconnect no matter what.

Burrow drones all over the map; if you have some scourge to spare those are good too. Then, every few minutes, create a new base and mine enough resources to make yet another base. Crank out a few zerglings and more drones, attack, get destroyed, rinse, and repeat.

The most delicious grief if you could pull it off successfully in Starcraft was to join a 7v1 comp stomp. Play normally but don't check allied victory. When the CPU is destroyed sit back and watch as questions arise and accusations begin to be flung back and forth. You can add to the fire yourself by casting suspicion on a player. Eventually someone will snap and attack someone. "WHY ARE YOU STILL BUILDING ZEALOTS??" This usually results in everyone killing the aggressor and the cycle continues. Try to be the last one standing.

Bonus points if you admit to the last victim that it was you all along.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

Chemical Bastard posted:

This guy has some good Ventrilo griefing videos.

My favorite was the one where he just keeps spamming the air horn. People are flipping out and yelling "gently caress you", he always gives them just enough time to respond and does it again. It is so stupid but I couldn't stop laughing.

The best is towards the end though when he does it to the video chat people, just so you can see them slam their hands to their ears.

wise old hitachi
Apr 12, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Nazi Zombies posted:

My favorite was the one where he just keeps spamming the air horn. People are flipping out and yelling "gently caress you", he always gives them just enough time to respond and does it again. It is so stupid but I couldn't stop laughing.

The best is towards the end though when he does it to the video chat people, just so you can see them slam their hands to their ears.

Fog horn was my favorite part.

The circus of values one is good too cause one of the guys is just really pissed off the entire time and they have an argument about whether he has a life or not.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

wise old hitachi posted:

Fog horn was my favorite part.

The circus of values one is good too cause one of the guys is just really pissed off the entire time and they have an argument about whether he has a life or not.

Yes, the "you don't have a life/don't you have anything better to do" statement is the crutch of every person who doesn't have one themselves.

Nazi Zombies fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 10, 2009

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Emalde posted:

:psyduck: This is more like griefing yourself.

No progress without sacrifice. And you're right, it takes a special kind of person to make the effort worthwhile.

Another one from high school - in Marathon (any of them) overloading a plasma pistol while standing in water at the back of my team.

BullChicken
Jun 1, 2000

Gary, me need sex now inside please
Here is one of my favorite vent griefing videos, the second half is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1SsfnSFDs

Also, what happened to the video embedding?

Gork da Ork
Jul 26, 2008
Diablo II consists of pretty much nothing but griefing, so I'm not sure how exceptional this story is. However:

I once kitted out a PVP character for maximum damage. No survivability whatsoever - just damage, damage, damage, and then some more damage. I then proceeded to stay just at the edge of town 95% of the time, using the other 5% to run out and cast a relatively long duration area of effect spell right over the town entrance.

What made this special was it was a Fissure druid: a character generally considered crap, and thus rarely seen. Most people didn't know that Fissure has an awesome glitch: the graphical effects disappear when you're in town, but the damage stays.

Oh, it stays.

Cue hordes of people lemminging in to invisible insta-death, while a druid stands still inside the town boundary, apparently AFK. They die, go 'wtf?', then respawn and run to go loot their corpse - not realizing I'd recast Fissure while they were respawning.

Occasionally, a long range character would escape my trap and sit at a distance, hurling spells and insults in my direction. I loved people like that, because I had autoaim and if you were on my minimap you were a valid target.

Some tried to stack fire resistance and absorb to nullify the damage - only to find that I had a wand with charges of the 'lower resist' spell on switch.

Fissure is interesting, because it hit you once a second or so if you stood still - but ten times a second if you dared to run across it. Running away when you saw the evil red vents open up beneath you only made it worse.

Racking up screens and screens of kills (most of them on people with no gear on) and hatred while heavily outnumbered was probably the high point of my Diablo II experience.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BullChicken posted:

You have to turn it on in your profile.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I was watching that Roomba TF2 video, and I swear one of the guys who swore to vote for Ron Paul was one of my (former) friends.

He said his full name (lol).

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

BullChicken posted:

What is going on here? Sounds like someone cutting up a bunch of poo poo some kids said in vent to music and movies. Kind of feels like a waste of time and not really funny

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BullChicken posted:

Would have been way better if the kid got all pissed off.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fennesz posted:

Would have been way better if the kid got all pissed off.

It would have been better if ANYTHING happened. Holy gently caress that was boring. That is a pale, sad knockoff of the original Ventriloharrassment dude.

Nannek
Apr 20, 2006

UOI
Cross posting this from the ss13 thread:
These are one round of ss13 that I tried to make educational for people learning to play the game. Didn't really work out that way.

For anyone who wants to see a whole round of ss13, I give you:
(if you've been keeping up with my videos so far just watch number 6)

Video 1: Welcome to SS13, you are the Chaplin!
Viddler
Dailymotion

Video 2: You're under arrest for the murder of the clown.
Viddler
Dailymotion

Video 3: Assault on genetics.
Viddler
Dailymotion

Video 4: Quarantine.
Viddler
Dailymotion

Video 5: Calling the shuttle.
Viddler
Dailymotion

Video 6: The traitor must win!
Viddler
Dailymotion

To sum up the round, the station fell to pieces, most of it wasn't me and Muggins. We tried to make the traitor win, but it ended up that the only person on the escape shuttle was the traitors dead body, despite the admins best efforts.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

I've been going through some of these soundboards this week and I want in on it. I have already been checking out a few from Arnold and Sam Jackson. I only wouldn't really know how to make the sound clips that I've found go through my mouthpiece into TS/Vent.

Have any of you actually played any soundboard pranks in the past? How did you set it up?

Oh and this is the last one that inspired me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3e7qOe8Wz4

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

Nazi Zombies posted:

I've been going through some of these soundboards this week and I want in on it. I have already been checking out a few from Arnold and Sam Jackson. I only wouldn't really know how to make the sound clips that I've found go through my mouthpiece into TS/Vent.

Have any of you actually played any soundboard pranks in the past? How did you set it up?

Oh and this is the last one that inspired me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3e7qOe8Wz4

http://www.ventriloharassment.org/howto.htm :eng101:

pitrdevries
Feb 19, 2009
To put this thread back on rails:

At my high school, we had alot of computers for labs and tutoring thanks to Billy Gates. During the summer, they enlisted some tech savvy students to set them up and image them all. One day, when they were pretty much fully set up, I went around and put UT99 on two dozen machines and we got everyone to play a LAN game of CTF-Face.

'Cept, only two people had played UT before. I translocated across the map and onto a ledge directly underneath the top of the tower, where the snipers go. I'd translocate up, they would be sniping, and I'd give them the secondary of the impact hammer, sending them falling to their deaths. Then, I'd tele back down to the ledge and wait for them to get back up there. After the 10th time they were screaming for my blood.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

Is there a site that lists which ventrilo servers are the most populated?

I checked "public vent servers" and other variations in google, I only managed to find those with like 2 people in each room.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Nazi Zombies posted:

Half of the COD4 goons who play on xbox360 use a Trash Talker.

Nazi Zombies
Mar 18, 2009

coyo7e posted:

Holy poo poo that is so badass. I can't believe I've never heard about that before.

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Nazi Zombies posted:

I checked "public vent servers" and other variations in google, I only managed to find those with like 2 people in each room.

Remove the word "public" from your searches. A lot of the time I found people hosting private vent servers post their password to it on whatever forum it's posted on, or if they don't outright tell you the password, read a bit and someone somewhere will have written a reply asking what the password is.

Also it helps to add in non-words such as "pwn" to your searches to narrow down the results to only those which are particularly hilarious.

In a related note, I tried my luck at vent harrassment the other day. For some reason Wine (I'm running Ubuntu with no Windows partition, Linux for humans my rear end T_T) didn't recognize my WAV files, but I ended up getting banned anyways.

So my question is, if I'm banned from a server, yet I had the same username as someone else who has momentarily left the server, will they be banned too?

Evil Jeff K!
Apr 12, 2008

by Ozma

coyo7e posted:

"High quality Arm processor with 20khz sampling means Trash Talk delivers crystal clear sounds to your opponent. "

The subjectivity of audio lingo is amazing.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I can't believe no one has posted this one yet
Ventrilo Harassment - Dr. Franklin Ruehl.
The person manages to hold a conversation with a soundboard really well.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The FarmTown app on Facebook, which is like Harvest Moon for idiots, there's a group of us that go to the public areas and decry the oppression foisted upon we poor farmers by James and Tom (the two NPC vendors in the game) to fund their decadent lifestyle. I don't know if that's really griefing or not but we get a variety of responses and periodically get entire instances of the real estate office or the marketplace yelling angrily at NPC vendors who can't respond or defend themselves.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Emalde posted:

online DnD nonsense.

Make this happen.

My AIM is red71189 i have vent and teamspeak. I haven't played in a year or two though. We should play 3.5

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I can't believe no one has posted this one yet
Ventrilo Harassment - Dr. Franklin Ruehl.
The person manages to hold a conversation with a soundboard really well.

Now that was some skillful soundboarding.

Another classic: Counter Strike- Is that a bazooka right there??

Constantine XI fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 15, 2009

Derakarsis
Aug 7, 2007
Hope you've had your shots
I managed to get Banned from Space Station 13 tonight by killing an Admin and his angry Security Guard with their own laser gun and an air tank while they tried to murder me after stripping me of my ID and locking me in a jail cell. Too bad they didn't take my flashbangs:

----------
Unknown has added Flashbangs (WARNING) to the backpack!
Crazy Homeless Man asks, "How did you into the brig after I removed your I.D. card?"
Commodore Scrotum (as Unknown) says, "You left the bloody door open"

Crazy Homeless Man says, "False"
You prime the flashbang! 3 seconds!
BANG
Your ears start to ring!
Your armor absorbs the hit!
Your armor only softens the hit!
Unknown has disarmed Crazy Homeless Man!
Crazy Homeless Man has punched Unknown!
You have been protected from a hit to the lower chest/diaper.
You have been protected from a hit to the chest.
Unknown has attempted to disarm Crazy Homeless Man!
Crazy Homeless Man has been attacked with the laser gun by Unknown.
Crazy Homeless Man has been stunned!
Crazy Homeless Man has been knocked unconscious!
George Melons says, "welp"
George Melons has been attacked with the laser gun by Unknown.
George Melons has attempted to disarm Unknown!
*click* *click*
George Melons has been knocked unconscious!
Unknown has thrown the laser gun.
Unknown has punched Crazy Homeless Man!
George Melons has been attacked with the oxygentank by Unknown.
George Melons has been knocked down!
Connection died.
Connection failed.
------------------

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
Hey Rabid Pancake, if you go to the SS13 thread you might be able to get unbanned. But if you were being a dick, maybe not. I take it you didn't register through Alluvion to show you were a goon in game?

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!

Nazi Zombies posted:

http://ventrilo-monitor.com/ is your best bet. It's a bit flakey though and doesn't show the details of a lot of servers when you look at them. It's very hit and miss trying to find a good one, have a look for servers with about three or four people on and without anyone with an admin tag. Servers with "public" in the name are usually a good bet.

The problem with Vent harrasing these days is that a new version was brought out last year that introduced a myriad of features designed to stop people doing it. The new Vent has options to disallow multiple connections from the same IP and a pretty solid admin options. You can still do it but it can take a lot of time and a lot of servers to find one.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rabid Pancake posted:

I managed to get Banned from Space Station 13 tonight by killing an Admin and his angry Security Guard with their own laser gun and an air tank while they tried to murder me after stripping me of my ID and locking me in a jail cell. Too bad they didn't take my flashbangs:

----------
Unknown has added Flashbangs (WARNING) to the backpack!
Crazy Homeless Man asks, "How did you into the brig after I removed your I.D. card?"
Commodore Scrotum (as Unknown) says, "You left the bloody door open"

Crazy Homeless Man says, "False"
You prime the flashbang! 3 seconds!
BANG
Your ears start to ring!
Your armor only softens the hit!
You have been protected from a hit to the lower chest/diaper.
You have been protected from a hit to the chest.
Crazy Homeless Man has been stunned!
George Melons says, "welp"
George Melons has attempted to disarm Unknown!
*click* *click*
Unknown has thrown the laser gun.
Unknown has punched Crazy Homeless Man!
George Melons has been knocked down!
Connection died.
Connection failed.
------------------

unban this man and give him a medal

seriously there should be a medal for successfully killing George Melons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Beers
Nov 29, 2008

Oh yeah, what a great fucking ideeeeeeeea.

flatluigi posted:

These are the best two ventrilo harassment videos (make sure to watch them in this order):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nTJtugo3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS-pxBxh1jY

this was great, but I don't know that much about vent...can't you see who is talking and ban them? How does this person keep coming back to their vent?

• Locked thread