Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks
One thing to worry about is if it's not pee (you can tell by, as Scooty said, a good whiff) it may be drooling, which can be an indicator of dental problems.

e:

Click here for the full 647x484 image.

Chased by roomba pic. (Not really)

Bagleworm fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 7, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Ok, maybe a dumb question - do rabbits sweat? I found some damp spots on the towel my rabbit lays on in his condo and I'm concerned that he might be peeing there instead of his litter box. However, it has been a steady 75 degrees in my apartment and I know this is about the limit of temperature they're comfortable in.

I noticed once again today that the wet spot on my rabbits 2nd floor of his wire-frame "condo" was wet again, and I have to conclude that he has begun peeing upstairs on top of using his litter box on the floor. This is puzzling to me because prior to this, he went for almost a week strictly using his litter box. Another reason that this bothers me is that the upper level of his condo doesn't have anything up there except a small towel he uses to sleep on. I keep all his food, hay, and water by his litter box that he must be in to access.

The upper level of the condo was basically 2 14.5"x14.5" wire-frame squares, he would sleep on one side and pee on the other. I simply removed one of the wire-frame squares, reducing his upper level to 1 14.5"x14.5" square with his towel for sleeping on. Was this an appropriate response? I thought about putting a 2nd litter box upstairs but I don't want to encourage him peeing anywhere but his litter box on the floor.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Most rabbits prefer to have multiple litterboxes, so that's not a bad option. I think in 6 years I've only had one or two who were happy with a single box.

Also, don't ever underestimate how dumb these animals can be when they want to be. He may literally be forgetting that he has to go downstairs to pee. :downs:

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

:words: 75 degrees in my apartment and I know this is about the limit of temperature they're comfortable in.

Is this right? Lewis and I made it through last summer in this room okay, but I worry about his health and comfort. He's a big (10 lbs), stupidly fluffy English Angora and it can get in the 80s in my room. I've already started trimming him close, and in the summer I have a fan directed near his cage (not directly at him, but he's within its rotational range). Is this enough? I tried putting cold packs in his cage last summer, but he didn't touch them and the condensation soaked his cage. He has a marble slab that he loves to lay on.

Edit: I also have a thermometer in his cage to measure the ambient temperature. And last summer I didn't trim him nearly this close

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'll have to find my source but I always heard 70. We have the rabbits in our bedroom where the air conditioner is and even when the room is 68-70 or so Sprout likes to lay under the bed by the wall under the window so the air conditioner's cool draft hits her. She's a rex so she's not all that furry compared to some other rabbits.

haxgirl
Jul 19, 2003
The Internet... where the men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI
This is "BunBun" Her horrible name is from her stay at the SPCA and it just sort of stuck after I adopted her.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
She looks so serious and threatening in a :3: way. "I will cut you punk."
Congratulations on your new murderbunny.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

haxgirl posted:

This is "BunBun" Her horrible name is from her stay at the SPCA and it just sort of stuck after I adopted her.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

What is that ball up on the upper left? Is that for hay? Where do I get one? My buns make a mess when it's in the litter box.

And I need one of those hammock things! So cute!

haxgirl
Jul 19, 2003

angelicism posted:

What is that ball up on the upper left? Is that for hay? Where do I get one? My buns make a mess when it's in the litter box.

Yeah.. the ball is for hay. It can be used 3 ways so it's pretty handy.

Cons: It's kind of small so it needs to be refilled a lot. The wire spacing is rather close so the hay has a hard time poking through.

Pros: The hay will be fresher because smaller amounts are being put out more frequently. This hay dispenser doesn't create a lot of mess due to it's design. The hay can't be soiled beacuse it's kept off the ground.

Super Pet Rollin' The Hay Spinning Hay and Salad Dispenser http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006G7TCU

Fuzz e Floor Super Sleeper (this is the one I bought but they come in other sizes too) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NGUKKQ

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

angelicism posted:

We use cardboard orange juice containers. just cut a square out of one side and strap it to the cage. Its cheep and its useful!

http://photo-hosting.winsoftmagic.com/1/q9o6cf85g3.jpg

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
Had a first bathtub bonding session today with Chunk and Euler. I think it went really well, but I'm not sure what it all means.

When we first put the both of them in the bathtub, they largely ignored each other. They seemed to be pointedly ignoring each other, actually. I put in a tub of fresh veg, and Euler immediately went and munched like crazy, while Chunk froze up a bit, and did his own thing.

Chunk was the first to mark, but this didn't really affect anything. He was also the first to stick his head under Euler's chin and go "groom me" to which she seemed totally oblivious. Eventually with application of peanut butter and banana goo to the forehead we got them to groom one another, so I think that's really positive.

There wasn't a single fight the entire half hour, but there also wasn't any signs of struggling for dominance, so I don't know what to think of that. I mean, it's sort of what I expected as neither have ever really acted on their hormones, but then I don't speak bunny that well.

So it was a pretty low-key date, a little grooming, a little snacking, no fighting, and definitely ended on good terms.

I'm not sure where to go next. Do we do several more bathtub meets, or do I move into a less neutral territory. I was thinking of setting up a pen in my bedroom, on the floor. Both have daily play-time there, separately, and so if that goes well we might be well on our way to bondsville!

(They have been in cages side-by-side for quite a long time now, and I have been doing cage switches, so they should be quite familiar with one another's smells)

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

haxgirl posted:

Yeah.. the ball is for hay. It can be used 3 ways so it's pretty handy.

Cons: It's kind of small so it needs to be refilled a lot. The wire spacing is rather close so the hay has a hard time poking through.

Pros: The hay will be fresher because smaller amounts are being put out more frequently. This hay dispenser doesn't create a lot of mess due to it's design. The hay can't be soiled beacuse it's kept off the ground.

Super Pet Rollin' The Hay Spinning Hay and Salad Dispenser http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006G7TCU

Fuzz e Floor Super Sleeper (this is the one I bought but they come in other sizes too) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NGUKKQ

I used to have baskets made out of, well. Wicker. Yeah, that wasn't bright. They chewed up the hay and chewed through the baskets to get to the hay.

Do you have any idea what kind of weight that Sleeper can hold? Zen should be fine but Frith is a little... hefty.

Orcrez: Hmmm, I'd never thought about that. Unfortunately, I don't actually have orange juice cartons -- I don't really drink much juice. :/

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

I'm not sure where to go next. Do we do several more bathtub meets, or do I move into a less neutral territory. I was thinking of setting up a pen in my bedroom, on the floor. Both have daily play-time there, separately, and so if that goes well we might be well on our way to bondsville!

I would say no harm in a few more bathtub dates before moving on. I don't know your buns, obviously, but they may "act up" if they have more room to move about on a solid surface. (Instead of a slippery, strange bathtub.)

It sounds like thing are going well so far, though, so congrats!

When I bonded Buster and Nobbers/ Buster and Thomas, they really just took care of themselves. Once they stopped pooping on the sight of each other/being bitey through the cages I let them share some veggies and then took down the separator of their cage and they were fine - in both cases. In all honesty I don't know who is dominant in either relationship - Thomas "bows" to Buster to be groomed, but I've seen Buster humping him before and she steals his food all the time or sits on him.

Not all bondings take a lot of time or patience - maybe your pair is like my original set, and will quietly become friends.

haxgirl
Jul 19, 2003

angelicism posted:

Do you have any idea what kind of weight that Sleeper can hold? Zen should be fine but Frith is a little... hefty.

I'm not sure what weight it's rated for but it seems to be quite strong. It supported both of my rabbits simultaneously just fine. There are nylon straps sewn into each corner (about the thickness of a cat collar) and on the end of those are metal clips. One side is just plain cotton and the other is fluffy like fleece. It feels like it has some padding/stuffing inside too.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Today's bonding session was a mixed bag.

Started out today in the living room (a place neither bun has been before) inside a pen made of NIC cubes which I've dubbed 'Bunderdome.' (Two buns enter, two buns leave.)

They were in there for about 45 minutes with little progress. First, they ignored each other. The majority of the time Chunk was hunkered down in one spot not moving and generally being his very afraid self. Euler asked for groomies, but he refused, of course, staying frozen. After a bit I put a big blanket over the top of the bunderdome so it was nice and dark inside.

Chunk got a bit more hoppy, but when Euler asked for groomies he completely ignored her and groomed himself. I don't know if he's being dominant or is just afraid to initiate contact.

I decided to give them some stress bonding, so I put them in the bunny carrier on top of the running dryer. Euler was all "hey, this is weird, what's going on?" and Chunk was completely frozen.

I went to put them back in the pen, with some food, and a scuffle occurred. Euler chased Chunk a bit, presumably wanting to play, and Chunk nipped at her, pulling out a hunk of fur.

I wanted to end the date on a good note so I put them both back in the bathtub. Euler was happy as could be, all was forgiven. She snuggled up to Chunk, flopped beside him, nuzzled and nudged. Chunk remained a bunsicle, but did seem to snuggle in closer to Euler a little bit.

I'm thinking more bathtub sessions are definitely in order.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

...bunsicle...

:3:

I died laughing at this.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Day 3: This stuff is exhausting, surprisingly.

Started out with a 30-or-so min. bathtub session. All went very well. Big tub of veggies, very little marking. Lots of asking to be groomed by Chunk, and getting ignored by ADHD Euler. A few times they were head to head in a "who'll groom first" battle, but Euler always gets distracted and wanders off before it comes to a head.

Directly after, I put the two in the bunderdome, which I had set up in my room, at the foot of my bed. A semi-neutral place. They were there for maybe another half-hour to 45 min and it all went pretty well. A bit of nose-to-nose cuddling (will put up pics later) but still no groomies.

After that, I let them relax for the afternoon in their cages.

Then, this evening, I set up the bunderdome right next to my bed with a litter box, hay bin, and cardboard box hide-away so that they could spend some quality time together while I sat close by and kept an eye on them. They ignored each other, though Euler did a lot of jumping into the box, and over Chunk, and sat on Chunk's head, and was generally her excitable self. I did a bit of putting treats (dried fruit) on their heads, and after a couple tries, Euler actually gave Chunk a good groomin! Hallelujah!

They sat and hung out for about an hour and a half, totally chill, munching on hay and lounging.

So I was really pleased, and thought I'd do another cage-switch. Unfortunately, Chunk didn't so much like being in Euler's cage and jumped right over the door and out. I figured if Escape-artist Euler hadn't tried that route then fraidy-bun Chunk surely wouldn't.

Unfortunately, when trying to switch the cages back, they had a bit of a scuffle on the floor near their cages. Chunk was the aggressor, again, nipping a bit of fur. I broke it up and put a barrier between them, and put Euler in the carrier while I got Chunk back in his cage. Then let Euler run around.

I feel bad for her because she is such a sweet bun, and Chunk is just habitually grumpy. I didn't want to end on a bad note but I'm exhausted and worn-out from bunny-wrangling and having a cold.

So I guess tomorrow it's back to the bathtub...or maybe the dryer.

How's it going for anyone else out there trying to bond?

GoodApollo
Jul 9, 2005

Good luck... it's very exhausting work. It seems like it should be so much more rewarding, but I remember a few days after getting my two together and getting over the cuteness, I realized they were both far less interested in being loving toward me and more interested in each other.

Apparently I wasn't completely crazy coming here posting slight behavioral problems with my mini. The past week my pair stayed with my mother while I was traveling and she peed in the floor so much it seemed like she had given up the box entirely. I rushed her to the vet and turns out she has a UTI and was in quite a lot of pain. I've been kicking myself over having not paid enough attention to the signs but I'm glad I caught it. She's on pain meds and antibiotics now seems happier than she has been in... quite a long time. She's normally a VERY social, show-off kind of rabbit and she'd taken to being a hermit. It's great to see her back doing binkies and being an attention whore.

impelled
May 5, 2006
Phascolarctos cinereus
When we bonded our rabbits it was very tiring and stressful. We took them out on the back porch, a space small enough to contain them but large enough for them to get away from each other if it got too angry. Here's a photo from a dramatic moment in the beginning:

We created a double cage, split down the middle so they couldn't hurt each other but were forced to be near to the other bun. We also took turns letting one out of the cage to explore while the other was inside. The most important thing we did was swap them in the cages every 12 hours. The other bunny smell 24/7 made the process much quicker. Eventually they began sitting right next to each other against the divider :)

It took about a week for them to bond, but even a year later they seem to fall in love a little more every day.
Here's a photo of the lovers now:

Good luck. It's very tough (and I only went through a week of it), but once it's over it is so worth it.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

impelled posted:

Ahh! If I'd known there were pink cubes I would've gotten those! :D

The thing is, my buns do that inside the pens, but outside they're still not happy with each other. We had a huge incident last night -- everything was going so well, I had pushed them together into a forced cuddle and was petting their noses, and neither seemed tense, so I relaxed a bit - and blinked - and Frith had turned his head and I'm not sure what but Zen immediately leaped up grunting and ears back and I had to separate them. And then I got all scratched up in the process. :(

It looks like Frith tried to slit my throat. Hm. (I had picked him up to carry him back to his pen, he scrambled in my arms.)

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Those pink cubes are so awesome!

So I have some quick updates for the past two days, and then my sort of major quandry right now:

I'm at the point now where if they are together in a neutral environment, they're pretty much fine together. Euler will groom Chunk, and Chunk will try to groom Euler. I say 'try' because I think Chunk's idea of grooming is a bit more rough than Euler is okay with. Also, his history of nipping her has caused her to bounce away if he gets too close. But, regardless, they can co-habitate in a neutral area in the bunderdome.

However, yesterday, after about two hours in the bunderdome, and no nips, I brought the two upstairs to put them in Euler's cage. (Euler doesn't get dominant about her stuff, she's happy to share.) They were okay for about twenty minutes before the nipping and chasing began.

My first bit of confusion is that I'm not sure if it's fighting or dominance-nipping. There are occasional growls but usually it's just Chunk coming up behind Euler and nipping her on the butt and her running away. Then I put them close to one another and stroke them both, to try to get them to like that. Should I be letting the post-nip dominance battle play out rather than stopping it?

Also, I'm planning on doing a bit new condo for when they are bonded, that should be removed of most of the scent of either. (we're taking out most of the carpet squares so we can put down linoleum on the bottom floor.) But I don't want to tear down the old cages until I'm sure they're going to be able to live together so I can't put them in it and see what they do...But it should be more or less a neutral space.

What do you guys think?
Would they learn to cohabitate in it, or would they just form new territories for dominance?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've pretty much resigned myself to 3+ months with our buns, because apparently they both have bipolar disorder. There was a day this last week where Sprout went out into the living room where we keep Dodger's big pen and actually groomed him for a few seconds, then bounded around. The day after they sniffed each other in the neutral area bathtub and were fine, and Sprout gave a quick groom.

Then a day after that Sprout gets out and the first thing she does is run to Dodger and attack the poo poo out of him, both keep darting in and out trying to get in some attacks as they both make their little aggravated fighting sounds while we try to break it up. We separate them for a few days and then they are back to neutral, so we try the car trip in a big box and nail cutting in the car (which makes nail cutting super easy, actually). The two cuddled in the chaotic car ride and they even were looking for each other when we would take one out for nail clippings.

Then last night they tried to fight through the cage, the same night after the car ride that went so well. What the gently caress.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Man I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time with the bonding. It's very frustrating, but don't give up. Is everyone doing car rides? That usually works better than the tub, because the movement makes them stay put.

Trent Lott in 08
Oct 16, 2003

Burn the village, rape & pillage.
I have a question about some behavior i'm seeing in our recently adopted rabbits.

They have free reign of the living room/pen area as long as my girlfriend or I are at home. They are very inquisitive and move around regularly, but sometimes one rabbit starts chasing the other and I'm not sure if this is play or aggression. I'll often watch one "chase" the other around for a bit, then they'll both "binkie" around and resume chasing each other. Then I'll hear one of them grunt and they'll chase each other again for awhile. In the afternoon, however, they often cuddle up next to one another without any noticeable issues.

Occasionally I'll find small tufts of fur in their pen in the morning as well. Do you think I should be concerned, or is this just playful roughhousing?

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Having some new frusteration. I've put together the new condo (so fantastic!, will put up pics in a bit) and the entire place is cleaned out of either one's scent so it should be alright for them to hang out in there. (Plus, slippery linolium floors keep Chunk on his toes) Now there's a new problem:

Because Chunk was such a little nipper, Euler now runs away as soon as he gets anywhere near her. I honestly don't think it's Chunk's intention to nip anymore, especially since they've been in neutral space, but Euler still takes off as soon as Chunk gets anywhere near.

Anyone know how to fix this?

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Time, time, and more time. I had one pair that took eleven months to bond. If you go into it with a deadline in mind - "I really hope I can get them bonded by the end of next month" - you're more likely to push them too hard. Whenever I have a serious setback I let them take a month off. Side by side, switching cages, but no out-of-cage interaction. Knowing that I'm giving them a full month with no expectations can give you surprising results. One of my foster homes is in the process of bonding a pair. I told her to take it much slower. She took a week off, then one bun escaped her cage and got into her partner's cage, and they've been together ever since. :)

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Well, it took a whole drat long day, but I have finally finished the new cohabitation cage for Chunk and Euler. I thought I'd share it with you all.

Yo dawg, I hear your bunz like lots of space, so we put some space in they cage so they can eat hay while they play

I apologize.

Now presenting The Malt Hoppe with add-on Rabbix Cube (Patent Pending)

Euler has a special lookout balcony, cause she loves to chill out up high.

What's that? A Bunny bunk bed?!

Why yes, it is.

All in a day's long, tiresome work!

Bonus cute!:

Scooty Puff Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 22, 2009

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Holy loving awesomeness Batman!

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

What's that? A Bunny bunk bed?!

Please please PLEASE tell me they use this for sleeping in and not for peeing in. If so I will immediately go purchase some.

Really, REALLY gorgeous job you've done here. My only TEENY little twitch is at the open top of that balcony. What if one of them turns dumbass and goes over the edge and down three grids? If I felt the need to be uber-safe I'd take one of those vertical barrier grids, zip tie it at the back edge of the balcony, and use a couple of medium-size binder clips to latch it shut in front - that way it still opens for easy bun retrieval.

Edit:

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

Yo dawg, I hear your bunz like lots of space, so we put some space in they cage so they can eat hay while they play

Also I'm stealin' this. :)

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

That is awesome!

I want to build an awesome bun condo. 'Course, there are cats here so I have to have a ceiling over the whole cage, which wastes a lot of grids. (Not worried about them hurting the bunnies, just worried they'd poo poo in their litterbox. :/ )

Your flooring seems like a good idea, but.. Won't they eat the edges? Mine sure would, and once they ate down enough to get underneath, they'd eat THAT floor too.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
So cool. I love projects like this...your buns are lucky :)

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004

Bagleworm posted:

That is awesome!

I want to build an awesome bun condo. 'Course, there are cats here so I have to have a ceiling over the whole cage, which wastes a lot of grids. (Not worried about them hurting the bunnies, just worried they'd poo poo in their litterbox. :/ )

Your flooring seems like a good idea, but.. Won't they eat the edges? Mine sure would, and once they ate down enough to get underneath, they'd eat THAT floor too.

My buns don't seem crazy on the chewing front. They mostly just like to rattle cage bars, a la "let me out! let me out!"

Luckily the flooring wasn't too expensive, so if I see any chewing goin' down, I'll have to find a new game plan I guess.

mmmhmmm
Jul 25, 2005

Recently my bun has suddenly become very rambunctious and energetic, which I attribute to her hormones kickin' in. All she seems to want to do now is run lil circles around me, which by itself is the cutest and best thing. The problem is that while she does this she's always dropping rogue poops, I'd say about 1-2 per revolution. Is this normal? Will getting her spayed fix this because I plan on doing so asap anyway.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

mmmhmmm posted:

Recently my bun has suddenly become very rambunctious and energetic, which I attribute to her hormones kickin' in. All she seems to want to do now is run lil circles around me, which by itself is the cutest and best thing. The problem is that while she does this she's always dropping rogue poops, I'd say about 1-2 per revolution. Is this normal? Will getting her spayed fix this because I plan on doing so asap anyway.

Hahah enjoy the ensuing arm rape. Fix that rabbit pronto.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

mmmhmmm posted:

My fixed boy still does this on occasion. He enjoys his poop'n'walk, and I can't get him to stop, but I've become resigned to the fact that bunny poo is easy to clean up.

What do you guys normally use for flooring? I have a cheap carpet, and it gets kind of dirty because hay dust gets embedded in it, and it's a pain in the rear end to move the entire pen to attempt to vacuum or anything, so I've resorted to sort of shimmying a broom in there to sweep.

Also does anyone have a source for a deep, but not HUGE litter box? Frith keeps digging out his litter, and I imagine higher walls will solve this problem, but the only deeper litter boxes I see are also gigantic and would take up like half his floor space. (I know, I should make their pens way huge but I live in Manhattan, there isn't a lot of space in my apartment!)

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

angelicism posted:

Also does anyone have a source for a deep, but not HUGE litter box? Frith keeps digging out his litter, and I imagine higher walls will solve this problem, but the only deeper litter boxes I see are also gigantic and would take up like half his floor space. (I know, I should make their pens way huge but I live in Manhattan, there isn't a lot of space in my apartment!)

I've had tremendous success with a plastic tub. Kinda like this, although the dimensions are probably not the same. Litterboxes made for cats just don't cut it.

You can find storage tubs pretty much anywhere, and in a wonderful array of sizes. The one I have is about 1.5 times bigger than a "normal" cat litterbox and about three times as deep. The bunnies can just hop in and out, but all the litter stays inside.

Or you can do what (I think) alucinor often recommends, which is to get a small but tall Tupperware bin and cut down one side for an entrance. For digging, taller is probably better, even if you have to rip a gap into the side.

justFaye
Mar 27, 2009
We just got a new bun today! She is the lovebun for Godewyn, my first bun. She isn't named yet, so we're currently brainstorming. She is a lionhead (or at least part-lionhead?) and Godewyn is half Holland lop and half mini rex. He's a little bigger than her, but not tremendously.

Godewyn is about three years old, and the little girl is of unknown age... but the rabbit rescue guesses about six months old.

We worked with them for about 30 minutes today for bonding and it was going pretty well until the end I think they were getting a bit tired and grumpy and there was a little nipping going on, so we decided they'd had enough for tonight.

Pictures!

Godewyn (before he lost a little weight... the vet says he is now at a good weight whereas before he was about 1/3-1/2 lb overweight):

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/3562410354_2536a4de99.jpg][/img]

New Baby Girl:

She is mostly white/cream with medium grey points and and light grey spots on her lower back.

justFaye fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 25, 2009

okiecompy
Jul 13, 2007

justFaye posted:

We just got a new bun today! She is the lovebun for Godewyn, my first bun. She isn't named yet, so we're currently brainstorming. She is a lionhead (or at least part-lionhead?) and Godewyn is half Holland lop and half mini rex. He's a little bigger than her, but not tremendously.

Godewyn is about three years old, and the little girl is of unknown age... but the rabbit rescue guesses about six months old.

We worked with them for about 30 minutes today for bonding and it was going pretty well until the end I think they were getting a bit tired and grumpy and there was a little nipping going on, so we decided they'd had enough for tonight.

Pictures!

Godewyn (before he lost a little weight... the vet says he is now at a good weight whereas before he was about 1/2-1/3 lb overweight):

[timg]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/3562410354_2536a4de99.jpg][/timg]

New Baby Girl:

She is mostly white/cream with medium grey points and and light grey spots on her lower back.

Ahhh I love her hair! Lionheads are so goofy looking in an adorable way. I would vote for Einstein but that's a boy's name :/

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

Luckily the flooring wasn't too expensive, so if I see any chewing goin' down, I'll have to find a new game plan I guess.

What did you use for the flooring? Is it easy to clean? I'm in need of some new floor so I'm exploring options :)

Moosephant
Mar 1, 2007
Mooses for youses!
Agh Godewyn and Nameless Girl are cute as hell! Nameless Girl has a very "thou shalt obey me" look on her face. Also, it's interesting to see Godewyn because my girl bunny is a Holland Lop-Mini Rex mix. She honestly looks exactly like a Mini Rex but with normal fur. Godewyn looks like a lop with kinda uppy ears. Interesting how the same mix yields such different results.

We got a new bunny on Friday night, making our number 4. I made a thread for him. He has 1 ear because a great big bunny ripped off the other ear when he was at the animal shelter. He's very darling and is currently in the process of getting a name.

I posted in this thread a few times about a year and a half ago, back then we just had Rory, the lovable grumpy mini lop. Now we also have Skyler, the ditzy Dutch, Phoebe Mae (the lop-rex I mentioned earlier) and li'l One Ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scythide
Aug 8, 2003

Normal?

angelicism posted:

Also does anyone have a source for a deep, but not HUGE litter box?

I don't know what your definition of not huge is, but we have two Rubbermaid High Sided Litter Pans http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755434 for our buns. They are pretty huge but they fit in our bunny condo (and we live in manhattan too). They've made cleanup a lot easier. Before them we were using large cat litter boxes that were about 7 in tall but these are much cleaner.