Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Probably a long shot, but does anyone in NJ have an American-made Fender P-Bass they'd be willing to trade for the same model, different color? Made in 2006.

I like the bass a lot but I just hate the rosewood fretboard/sunburst body color.

Ideally looking for a white (not cream) body. Would also consider stooping to a Mexican made + cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Looking to move a few pedals. I have a Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive, and and Wasabi Distortion. The Distortion has the original box, etc. The Overdrive, unfortunately, does not. Looking for $35 shipped each.

Studebaker Hawk
May 22, 2004

I am looking to sell my Michael Kelly deuce phoenix. Great guitar, just not what I need now.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Anyone wanna swap pickups? I love messing around with pickup combos. I have:

- DiMarzio Virtual PAF neck + bridge, F-spaced, black/black open
- Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2, nickel covers, naturally tarnished a bit
- Gretsch TV Jones Classic, bridge position, chrome cover, standard mount no ears
- Eastwood Hot 10 Alnico humbuckers, neck + bridge, chrome covers
- Fender Custom Shop 69 RI neck and middle, cream covers
- Fender 50s RI bridge pickup, cream cover
- Fender MIM tele pair - pretty sure these came from a 60th Anniv 50's Fender Tele

edit: I would also trade a pair of Wolfetone Dr. Vintage for a comparable quality PAF clone, preferably higher-wind (like Wolfetone Marshallheads). The Dr. Vintages are lower-wind, like a traditional PAF, and I tend to run Les Pauls hotter than that. :)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2009

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Carbohydrates posted:

Anyone wanna swap pickups? I love messing around with pickup combos. I have:

- DiMarzio Virtual PAF neck + bridge, F-spaced, black/black open
- Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2, nickel covers, naturally tarnished a bit
- Gretsch TV Jones Classic, bridge position, chrome cover, standard mount no ears
- Eastwood Hot 10 Alnico humbuckers, neck + bridge, chrome covers
- Fender Custom Shop 69 RI neck and middle, cream covers
- Fender 50s RI bridge pickup, cream cover
- Fender MIM tele pair - pretty sure these came from a 60th Anniv 50's Fender Tele

edit: I would also trade a pair of Wolfetone Dr. Vintage for a comparable quality PAF clone, preferably higher-wind (like Wolfetone Marshallheads). The Dr. Vintages are lower-wind, like a traditional PAF, and I tend to run Les Pauls hotter than that. :)

I have a Dimarzio PAF-Pro that I would trade for either of the Gibson Burstbuckers or the Tele pair. I like the tone of the PAF-Pro, but it is naturally a bit boosted in the upper mids and doesn't quite fit my playing style. Let me know- johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Anyone have a marshall shredmaster lying about that they might want to sell? I don't have much in the way of trades : (

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Not really trades, but thought I'd cross-post my SA-Mart posting here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3139630

P-Bass and a few pedals.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Still have a nice cheap Ibanez RG, an incredible Aguilar AGRO bass distortion unit, and a Korg rack tuner available here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3135593

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Twlight posted:

Anyone have a marshall shredmaster lying about that they might want to sell? I don't have much in the way of trades : (

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/shredder.html

If you don't feel comfortable waving a soldering iron around, you can get a pre-built one from their US Distributor http://axeandyoushallreceive.com/

getfuct
Jun 20, 2006

What kinda fucked up tour is this?
Anyone have any chorus, phaser, delay, or EQ pedals they want to get rid of?

i don't have much in the way of guitar equipment, but i have:
300 gig maxtor PATA drive
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
Seymour Duncan lil 59

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

getfuct posted:

Anyone have any chorus, phaser, delay, or EQ pedals they want to get rid of?
I posted up the EHX memory man, which can be your delay pedal and more. Very trick.

getfuct
Jun 20, 2006

What kinda fucked up tour is this?

Schatten posted:

I posted up the EHX memory man, which can be your delay pedal and more. Very trick.

interested in any of my stuff?

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Unfortunately, just looking for the cash at the moment. Selling a few items to buy a new road bike (the pedaling kind). That pedal goes for $215 in stores. My loss, your gain. Hardly used. So if you buy it, you can sell it for the same dollar.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Hubis posted:

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/shredder.html

If you don't feel comfortable waving a soldering iron around, you can get a pre-built one from their US Distributor http://axeandyoushallreceive.com/

Wow, that was exactly what I've been searching for for a few weeks. Thank you so much. I'm not sure ill start with the shredder kit, but I get a peddle with a few less components and start there.

Twlight fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 19, 2009

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Twlight posted:

Wow, that was exactly what I've been searching for for a few weeks. Thank you so much. I'm not sure ill start with the shredder kit, but I get a peddle with a few less components and start there.

I have 4 BYOC pedals so far. The Triboost, Analog Delay, 5-knob Compressor, and ESV Tonebender clone. It's super satisfying to finish the build and put a battery in and hear your work. Do it!

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
I just bought a BYOC British Blues Overdrive (Marshall Bluesbreaker clone) and I'm super-excited. I'm a little trepidative, though; I've never done any soldering more intensive than desoldering old pickups and swapping new ones in. Did I get in over my head here? The BYOC people have a deal where they send out a signal boost kit and a signal tester kit in order to get you practice on soldering, but will this be enough? I won't be totally lost, right?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Early Cuyler posted:

I just bought a BYOC British Blues Overdrive (Marshall Bluesbreaker clone) and I'm super-excited. I'm a little trepidative, though; I've never done any soldering more intensive than desoldering old pickups and swapping new ones in. Did I get in over my head here? The BYOC people have a deal where they send out a signal boost kit and a signal tester kit in order to get you practice on soldering, but will this be enough? I won't be totally lost, right?

If you're able to use a soldering iron without melting the insulation on the wires, you should be fine. Make sure you have some diagonal cutters (for trimming leads) and a good workspace with plenty of direct light as you're going to be straining your eyes. Other than that, there's essentially zero actual electrical knowledge to it (although you can certainly pick some up by paying attention to what your doing, the assembly can be pretty cook-book and mindless if desired). The Confidence Booster should be enough to get you comfortable with seating and soldering components.

Oh, and make sure you have a fresh/clean tip for your iron, as that will make the job a hell of a lot easier. I'm not sure what you used for pulling pickups, but a quality iron+tip will help relieve tremendous degrees of frustration.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Someone sell me a vintage Deluxe Reverb, please.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Eep, gear purge. Vintage Fender GAS has gotten hold of me and vintage Fender ain't cheap.

(SOLD) Fender AVRI 57, $1300 (SOLD)

Original owner, professionally set up. Ash body, nitro finish, soft V neck. Amazing guitar. Includes its original case, a Fender tweed G&G, plus case candy.
More Pics

(Grosh Electrajet is no longer for sale. Sorry, I love it too much)

(SOLD) G&L Legacy, $1000 (on the right) (SOLD)

The first strat I ever loved. Original owner, ordered brand new from the factory to spec - ash body with honeyburst, birdseye maple neck with gun oil tint, cream plastic, locking Schaller tuners - pretty much every expensive upgrade from the factory. Includes its original case, a black G&L-branded plastic hardshell.

Agreed posted:

"...Honey Burst, it is the finish on God's guitar."
More Pics

Fender American Dlx 60th anniv HSS strat, $800

Picked this one up the other day. Cleaned it up, set it up, and it's playing great. POWERFUL sounding guitar. It has finish damage on the bottom edge and by the neck pocket, but no wood damage. Non-stock hardshell case, a black Gator plastic hardshell.
More Pics

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany, $800

Purchased this new last year. The Gibson is pretty heavily modified, but the main stuff is this: Vintage Vibe HB-sized P90s, RS supershaft volume pots, CTS tone, Russian oil-in-paper caps, graphtech nut, Schaller rolling bridge. Professional graphtech nut install and setup. Includes its stock case, a black Gibson gator texture.
More Pics

(SOLD) Fender 60th Anniv 50's telecaster, $400 (SOLD)

Neck has been tinted, back has been lightly sanded. Body's bridge was routed for a TV Jones and the route marks are visible under the bridge. Some cracks in the finish from screws being overtightened. Neck pickup is a Gibson Burstbucker, bridge is a Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless. No case, bag included.
More Pics

PM me or email me at tomgion(at)gmail.com for more info, pics, whatever.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 27, 2009

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki
Dimarzio PAF Pro. Need a single coil/single coil sized neck pickup for my Tele. Lemme know what you have. Will also trade for a delay pedal. johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: nvm

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 24, 2009

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Fender 60th Anniv 50's telecaster, $400

Neck has been tinted, back has been lightly sanded. Body's bridge was routed for a TV Jones and the route marks are visible under the bridge. Some cracks in the finish from screws being overtightened. Neck pickup is a Gibson Burstbucker, bridge is a Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless. No case, bag included.
More Pics

PM me or email me at tomgion(at)gmail.com for more info, pics, whatever.

Dibs on this Telecaster. It is the same one that's been haunting my dreams.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

You could give him dibs on it, or I could trade you like $600 worth of stuff. Cutthroat in the streets, plester1, I came to bang - did you? :mad:

Seriously though I want that, plester gets first shot of course but if you guys don't work something out, talk to me please? You could have a pretty kickin' pedal setup, or some recording gear, or...

:)

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.

Agreed posted:

You could give him dibs on it, or I could trade you like $600 worth of stuff. Cutthroat in the streets, plester1, I came to bang - did you? :mad:

the gauntlet has done been thrown down! FIGHT!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Nah, I'm wiley but I ain't clownin' like dat. He called dibs, he gets dibs. 'Til they work something out or don't, I offer zero dollars.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Looking to sell my Greg Bennett Avion AV3. I bought this new as my first guitar, and since then bought an SG-style that I'm a bit more comfortable with. Looking for $275 (I paid $379 new in January, but I'll entertain offers including trades).

Sorry a few are a bit blurry, but the camera I had was poo poo.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Agreed posted:

Nah, I'm wiley but I ain't clownin' like dat. He called dibs, he gets dibs. 'Til they work something out or don't, I offer zero dollars.
Sorry man, he's already paid me! :)

Still have that honeyburst Legacy, though...

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I do appreciate you having pitched that to me first, but I'm going to wait around on it and see if anyone else moves in. While I would have bought that Tele in a heartbeat at the price and with the features, the G&L (as much as I love the Honeyburst Legacy) would be a redundant guitar in my collection and thus not a wise purchase given that I've got some other commitments coming up. But if it's still around after awhile then I might talk to you.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Agreed posted:

Already paid for, sorry man. I feel honored to have sniped that beautiful guitar away from you, Agreed.

If it makes you feel any better, I am jealous as hell of your pedal collection. I consider you a chief enabler of my own pedal addiction.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Haha, it's no problem, man. Someone had to get the deal, you had as much right to it as I did and you got there first. :) I'm sure you'll make music with it, probably more than I would anyway since I've got a few more guitars than I really need right now. That one would be competing with my Gibson Marauder, their attempt at competing with the hum/single Tele, but with Bill Lawrence designed pups, and instead of the traditional Tele long six-pole it has a sassy blade pickup in the bridge. As much as I love this guitar, if I had got that one I can't promise that I'd have played it often enough to justify it, which hopefully isn't the case with you.

And I don't ever intend to inspire jealousy, I avoid posting a list of my stuff and my hope is that there isn't someone out there keeping one and making fun of me every time I get new gear :D In gear whorage I am certified and guilty as charged. Happy as charged, too, I love this stuff and it's great fun to play through.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
The band I am the vocalist and guitar player for just got a new drummer. He shows up with the new guitar I am playing in our band. I am used to strats but this is one vintage gibson I am dying over. It has a circuit board inside the body and only a small number were made. Anyone know the guitar yet? Bob moog designed the active electronics. Heres the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_RD

RD Artist 1977-82 The best known RD, the Artist featured active circuitry with switchable bright mode, compression and expansion. No passive mode. The electronics consisted of a 9v battery powering a circuit board the length of the body, accessible from the back cover. Also available as a bass. The neck scale was shortened in 1979 to 24 3/4", a return to the standard Gibson scale used on other solid bodied guitars. The post 79 instruments are less desirable today than the original '77 Artist, which has become something of a modern classic.

It has built in Bob moog designed compression and expansion circuits.

Pictures coming soon. This is the sweetest guitar in the world omg.

http://www.zuitar.com/guitars/Gibson/Solid_Body/RD/

It is a 77 artist he says. His dad is a good friend of mine. He has a load of vintage guitars. The band I am in just got access to them all for recording. 65 strat here I come.

This sure kicks my american strat in the sustain department.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Rkelly posted:

The band I am the vocalist and guitar player for just got a new drummer. He shows up with the new guitar I am playing in our band. I am used to strats but this is one vintage gibson I am dying over. It has a circuit board inside the body and only a small number were made. Anyone know the guitar yet? Bob moog designed the active electronics. Heres the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_RD

RD Artist 1977-82 The best known RD, the Artist featured active circuitry with switchable bright mode, compression and expansion. No passive mode. The electronics consisted of a 9v battery powering a circuit board the length of the body, accessible from the back cover. Also available as a bass. The neck scale was shortened in 1979 to 24 3/4", a return to the standard Gibson scale used on other solid bodied guitars. The post 79 instruments are less desirable today than the original '77 Artist, which has become something of a modern classic.

It has built in Bob moog designed compression and expansion circuits.

Pictures coming soon. This is the sweetest guitar in the world omg.

http://www.zuitar.com/guitars/Gibson/Solid_Body/RD/

It is a 77 artist he says. His dad is a good friend of mine. He has a load of vintage guitars. The band I am in just got access to them all for recording. 65 strat here I come.

This sure kicks my american strat in the sustain department.

The RD itself is an amazing guitar, though I really never liked the Moog circuitry. Always felt like it was a tone sucker. Every RD that I played without the Moog circuits sounded like Thor's hammer, and played like a dream.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Professorbx posted:

The RD itself is an amazing guitar, though I really never liked the Moog circuitry. Always felt like it was a tone sucker. Every RD that I played without the Moog circuits sounded like Thor's hammer, and played like a dream.

I like the ric ocasek crunch, and that compression circuit just makes it eat poo poo.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Rkelly posted:

I like the ric ocasek crunch, and that compression circuit just makes it eat poo poo.

The problem with built in circuits in general is that if you don't like them you are kind of stuck with them. Anything in the pickups path will change the tone, lower the output, etc. I tend to make all my guitars have only a volume, if anything at all. If I need volume control or EQ, that is what a volume pedal or the amp is for.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003

Professorbx posted:

The problem with built in circuits in general is that if you don't like them you are kind of stuck with them. Anything in the pickups path will change the tone, lower the output, etc. I tend to make all my guitars have only a volume, if anything at all. If I need volume control or EQ, that is what a volume pedal or the amp is for.

It is not versatile for sure. I like my strat way better. I used to have a fender prodigy with all controls except volume that I loved very much.

I accidentally posted this here instead of the new gear thread sorry guys.

Alecks
Dec 28, 2005

Valley Arts/Samick Strat Copy, it was designed by Valley Arts, then Samick bought out the company and started building their designs. Shortly after, Gibson bought Valley Arts from Samick.

It has a Wilkinson tremelo, Grover Tuners, ebony fretboard, bidseye maple neck. The wiring is sketchy inside, there's an annoying scratching sound, I think it's the jack. When not in direct sunlight, the finish looks black.

I'm looking for overdrive pedals and stompbox modelers, but any trades will be considered. $150 + Shipping takes it, it comes with a cheap hard case.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki
I have an EH Nano Metal Muff, a Marshall Guv'ner+, an EH Nano LPB-1 Linear Power booster, a pink Crybaby wah and a Dimarzio PAF Plus humbucker pickup. Take your pick from any or all for the Samick. I would like to keep at least one of the Overdrive/Distortions, but if I need to give them all up I will. Email me- johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I've got a set of Jackson humbuckers I took out of a Les Paul - the guy I got the LP from swapped out the original P-90s for the Jacksons, and now that I've put P-90s back I have no use for the humbuckers.

There is one J-90C style and one J-80C style pickup - I don't know about these except for what I read on Harmony Central - they seem to get pretty good reviews on there for any kind of rock or metal.

The only issue that I'm aware with them is cosmetic - when I got them back from tech who switched them out, I lost one of the screws for mounting them - springs are all present. The rings are in pretty bad shape (one bent and other broken) from the pickup being smashed into a P-90 sized pickup cavity (whoever had it before me was a retard).

Would entertain a trade with me adding some cash for a pedal or would sell for $20 shipped conus. Can put up or email pictures if need be - my email address is maishaikosawa@gmail.com if you're interested (and also for paypal).

YakuzaBoB
Jul 2, 2003

BUY MY BREAKFAST CEREAL!
2008 American Standard Telecaster - made in Corona California, with Bill Lawrence noiseless pups - 3tone sunburst - maple neck with rosewood fretboard. pickguard has *very* light wear, essentially brand new, otherwise. Will sell, or trade for a left guitar of equivalent value... Pics to come soon! PM me for info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.
I have a few things that have sat around collecting dust:

-Mach II Dual Boost: In decent cosmetic condition, works fine
-BYOC lazy sprocket: Unpainted. Has some modifications to increase the swell range
-LPB-1: Good boost pedal, but I got a MXR microamp
-Boss Metalzone: Old pedal, my first ever too. Used but loved.

Im looking for a nice chorus, or a low gain overdrive pedal (sparkle drive anyone?). An analog delay would also be nice. Or some GL right angle plugs