Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
ANYWAY. tyler you doing your radio show tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archie
Sep 16, 2003

Mr Lee! Why You No Wear Uniform?
electro ain't electro no more

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Terrible Horse posted:

ANYWAY. tyler you doing your radio show tonight?

yeah in about 20 minutes. fighting with the new serato

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
http://www.sosimplerecords.com/ssss.php

live rite now

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

tylertfb posted:

http://www.sosimplerecords.com/ssss.php

live rite now

Seems to be having some serious techincal issues. I kinda heard someone talk then some feedback and had to click off... but cool to see someone doing some live work. Is it every Thurs? I'll bookmark and check it out next week. Now it's off to b.e.d. bumpin' Cars Go Boom - Lunice Remix.

Tribal Rival fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 29, 2009

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
whole tracklist when youre done plz. i want all these tunes

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Splits posted:

Seems to be having some serious techincal issues. I kinda heard someone talk then some feedback and had to click off... but cool to see someone doing some live work. Is it every Thurs? I'll bookmark and check it out next week. Now it's off to b.e.d. bumpin' Cars Go Boom - Lunice Remix.

yeah i hadn't tested out my mic for a while and it had a lovely connection so it made a lot of lovely noise :(. gave up after testing it a minute.

neka
Sep 11, 2006

SixOhSix posted:

words

Have sent you an email.

Was recording a set the other day onto my macbook and noticed that audio was coming through because of the levels going up and down, so spent two hours recording only to find that the levels were coming in from the mic rather than the line in :(

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!
Well, I was gonna just go off and chill for a while, but I discovered an email this morning with a request to critique some dubstep. I got myself into this critiquing, and people are enjoying it, so my meltdown be damned I'm going to continue. So neka, this is for you! Also, since you emailed it, lemmie know if you want the mixes linked in the writeup, is so I'll go back and edit it in.

First off, I'm definitely taking into note the sound issue since you mentioned the technical difficulties. I'll try to avoid making much mention about that since that was a bit out of your control. This critique is also over just the first mix: Subheavy - Joker. I'm a little tight on time today so I'll have to get to the other mix next week.

1st transition: Good lineup, watch the key between tracks. If your equipment supports it, try to adjust the key of the incoming track to avoid any clash in melody.
2nd transition: Mild lineup issue at the drop, corrected pretty quickly. I would have maybe dropped out Cut End when the choir dropped in on Age of Dub. Especially since as the transition kept going on, it just caused some confusion in the mix.
3rd transition: Some lineup issue with this transition, sounds like tempos may not have been matched 100%, and resulted in some wrecking there. Make sure to get that matched as close as possible, and if not right on then nudge the deck a bit to keep it as lined up as possible.
4th transition: Tracks aren't quite lined up here, heard some nudging to try and get it there, sounds like you got that one fixed as it went. Otherwise, good gradual blend.
5th transition: Nice start of the transition on the lack of rhythm, it fit pretty nice together there, and it was pretty lined up when beats dropped back in. Sounded like it got a bit off though when Relaxation Guide Dub's drop hit in, maybe cut out Broken when that hits in since it hits in HARD.
6th transition: A bit off on beatmatch, a bit of a sudden jump from Relaxation to V there, probably just seemed so due to how overpowering Relaxation was as a track.
7th transition: This one was pretty nice. I like how these tracks complimented each other in the blend. Great lineup here as well. This is probably the best transition so far in the mix. Even the point you picked out to drop V was right-on.
8th transition: One big issue with this transition, try to avoid vocals on top of vocals, it gets kinda messy. This particular issue hurt this transition the most. If Calm Down has a lead-in where there's no vocals, use that instead to do the transition.
9th transition: Midnight Request Line kinda overpowered here hardcore. Probably a bad point to bring it in from Calm Down. My best recommendation as far as this section of the mix is to cut Calm Down from the set, it really didn't feel like it fit well.
10th transition: Ooo, I liked where you picked to drop this in. A pretty tricky spot. Some massive lineup issues though once 2MuchKet's drop hit.
11th transition: A bit cluttered in this transition, some beatmatch problems here. Primarily just going to need practice.
12th transition: This one was just kinda messy, Issues with the tracks you're trying to blend just conflicting, no matching in tempo, beats not lined up.
13th transition: A bit of lineup issue, get that beatmatched better and this would be a good quick blend.
REWIIIIIND!
14th transition: Some lineup troubles here, would probably sound pretty nice if you got these matched.
15th transition: Lineup problems at the start, sounds like you corrected them, otherwise would make a great transition.
Being a pinball fan, I really want this track, this is TIGHT.
16th transition: Beatmatch issues, was kind of a tought point to try and do a transition in Pinball.
17th transition: Good starting point for transition. Sounds pretty lined up from the start. This one worked pretty well.
18th transition: I missed this the first time somehow. These tracks work real well together. Good blend overall.

Overall, the big thing I'm gonna say right now is practice. You got a pretty good selection here that can flow well, it's just the basics like beatmatching and getting the tempos matched that need work. Get this down by just taking as much time as you possibly can when cueing the next track up to ensure it is the right tempo and you can get it lined up before even considering to drop it in. Try to use as much of each track to give you time to make sure you can get them beatmatched.

Also, for those interested, tonight @ midnight EST is my crew's radio show on https://www.wbgufm.com if any want to tune in. We'll have a couple live sets, myself possibly included.

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

Electronic Enlightnement show going live EDIT and is over, thanks if you tuned in.

SixOhSix fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 30, 2009

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

SixOhSix posted:

Electronic Enlightnement show going live EDIT and is over, thanks if you tuned in.

I caught the tail end of the dubstep stuff, pretty cool. Can we get a track list/recording?

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

IanTheM posted:

I caught the tail end of the dubstep stuff, pretty cool. Can we get a track list/recording?

Exodus was kinda just making it up as he was going and we didn't really log it,s so sadly no tracklist. We do record the shows though so maybe we'll post the set in the near future. Also, since whoever supposedly has a show at the 10-12 slot doesn't seem to be doing it, we're probably going to take that over to run a 4 hour show to get more DJs in. There's also always the possibility of playing sets by people here as well, we've accepted recordings in the past.

mingster
Feb 1, 2004

the man who sold the world
new mix

the usual space disco/italo/yacht rock

Dinosaur Cheerleader - Gradius (71:08)

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Here is my opening set for Miguel Migs and Lisa Shaw last weekend at Bar Standard here in Denver.

NOTE: There were some technical difficulties related to the mic setup, so Lisa ended up doing some of her sound check during my set. At about 2 hours into this recording, you can hear her doing the mic check a few times...she even did some brief ad-hoc harmonizing with "Sun Will Shine" during the chorus :)

Anyways, this is a pretty long set. They got a late start, so I ended up playing from open (9pm) to 12:30am, hence the 3.5 hour runtime. The first hour is pretty deep, but you can probably tell where I start to kick it into gear as the crowd filled in pretty quick. There are one or two rough spots in this mix, but overall I think it's pretty solid, especially given it's length.

Be aware, this file is pretty huge (325mb) so if you're low on bandwidth or disk space you might want to skip

http://dancemusicboard.net/music/bones-live_at_bar_standard-2009-05-30.mp3

Tracklisting

01. Phil Ranelin - Wife (Pieces of Detroit Mix by Prefuse 73)
02. Impossible Beings - Dois Polos
03. The Black Dog - Invisible Things (Original Mix)
04. Melchior Sultana - Maltese Nights
05. KiNK - Honey Beats (Crazy P & Schmoov Remix)
06. The Young Lovers - This Is What It's All About feat. Trevor Loveys
07. Slag Boom Van Loon - Sutedja (Four Tet Remix)
08. JeTricKs - Lose You feat. Ade Funke & Faye Houston (Lemongrass Deep House Mix)
09. Rithma - Map Point Baby feat. Mitch Manker (The Hue Remix)
10. 7b - Dr. Girlfriend
11. KiNK - Fish Feeling
12. Arnaud Le Texier, Emmanuel Ternois - Kemp Road
13. Veitengruber - Bon Melange (Liapin Remix)
---- 1 hour mark ----
14. Florian Kruse - Thrill feat. Saara (Vincenzo & Elmar Schubert's Satinsoul Remix)
15. David K - 73 Tomtom Avenue (Jimpster Mix)
16. Moodymanc - Snore
17. Will Saul & Tam Cooper - In & Out
18. Atnarko & Jevne - Get On Down (Roberto Rodriguez Remix)
19. Phonique - Teenage Love (Kevin Yost Dub Remix)
20. Shur-I-Kan - Simply Yes feat. Alexander East (Magik Johnson Remix)
21. The Disclosure Project - Friends For Tea
22. Terry Lee Brown Junior - Soul Digits (Harold Heath Remix)
23. Fred Everything, Olivier Desmet - Tonight
24. Chelonis R. Jones - Pompadour (Gorge Dub Mix)
25. Replika - Even Further (Pulaski Park Remix)
---- 2 hour mark ----
26. Studio Apartment - Sun Will Shine feat. Yasmeen Sulieman (MK Dub Mix)
27. Volta & Salvatore Freda - Bombolone
28. Harold Heath - Mercury Blues (Matt Masters Remix)
29. The Discowboys - To The Mountain Top (Two Armadillos Remix)
30. Mihai Popoviciu, Markus Homm, Jay Bliss - Bis Co
31. Brett Johnson - Stucco Homes
32. Secret Ingredients - Chicago Chicago
33. Till Von Sein - Ovas (Catz N Dogz Ohne FX Remix)
34. Ian Pooley - What I Got feat. Tim Fuller (Derrick Carter Dub)
35. Indart, Wally & Kucho - Comando Heaven
36. Joshua Heath - Something Else
---- 3 hour mark ----
37. Peace Division - Back 2 Back
38. Joris Voorn - Sweep The Floor
39. Lucas Keizer - Global Warming
40. Silicone Soul - Chic-O-Laa
41. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 2

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

Weekly Electronic Enlightenment radio show tonight, EDIT now over, thanks to any that tuned in!

Also, hopfully gonna get a new mix up tomorrow, hopefully in both FLAC and MP3 versions if I've got time.

SixOhSix fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 6, 2009

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value

IanTheM posted:

Dub-xygen - 40:27
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Dub-xygen.mp3
Commix - Be True
Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows

Just wanna pick you up on something here... did you rip the track straight from 1Xtra or did you toss some idents over? Either way you're a badman for doing so.

Which is a good thing round my way.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007

Symptomless Coma posted:

Just wanna pick you up on something here... did you rip the track straight from 1Xtra or did you toss some idents over? Either way you're a badman for doing so.

Which is a good thing round my way.

Yeah it's just the 1xtra rip, wanted to see if anyone would notice the completely ambient breakdown was actually by Burial.

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value

IanTheM posted:

Yeah it's just the 1xtra rip, wanted to see if anyone would notice the completely ambient breakdown was actually by Burial.

Check :)

Fancy doing a UK collabo, half an hour each? Email me (vituperative ...gmail.com)

IanTheM
May 22, 2007

Symptomless Coma posted:

Fancy doing a UK collabo, half an hour each?
I can probably hit you up on that, after I finish my lovely 12 page essay though. I should probably mention that I'm Polish/Canadian, too. I've only ever flown over the UK. In the mean time:

Too Hot To Think - 32:29
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Too%20Hot%20To%20Think%20%28Mix%29.mp3
3rd Choice (Loefah Remix) - Vex'd
I Dub - King Midas Sound
The Upside (Martyn's Down Mix) - Scuba
Birds Of Dub (Architeq Version) - Architeq
Strange Fruit - Zomby
Cloud 9 - Stranger Song
Wishful Thinking VIP - Vaccine
Sabacco - Quarta 330
For You - Floating Points
Class Of My Own - Young Chris
Misty Winter - Digital Mystikz
Get On Up - Babylon System
The Truth - Stranger Song

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
You want raps? I got raps.

thewevel's june 2009 mixtape

1. Lil Wayne feat. Young Money - Every Girl
2. UGK feat Outkast - International Players Anthem
3. OJ Da Juiceman- Make the Trap Say Ay (Violator Remix)
4. Shawty Lo Ft Ludacris, Plies, Young Jeezy And Lil Wayne - Dey Know
5. DJ UNK feat. Andre 3000, Big Boi & Jim Jones - Walk It Out
6. David Banner Feat. Lil Wayne - Shawty Say
7. Dorrough Music - Ice Cream Paint Job
8. New Boyz - You're a Jerk
9. Jeremih - Birthday Sex (Roy Barboza RMX)
10. Paradiso Girls feat. Lil' Jon & Eve - Patron Tequila (Remix)
11. FM (Far-East Movement) - Girls on the Dance Floor
12. FatMan Scoop - Drop break
13. DJ Class - I'm The Ish (X-Dub)
14. DJ Class - I'm the Ish rmx ft. Kanye West - dirty

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6104735883034722/

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

IanTheM posted:

I can probably hit you up on that, after I finish my lovely 12 page essay though. I should probably mention that I'm Polish/Canadian, too. I've only ever flown over the UK. In the mean time:

Too Hot To Think - 32:29
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Too%20Hot%20To%20Think%20%28Mix%29.mp3
3rd Choice (Loefah Remix) - Vex'd
I Dub - King Midas Sound
The Upside (Martyn's Down Mix) - Scuba
Birds Of Dub (Architeq Version) - Architeq
Strange Fruit - Zomby
Cloud 9 - Stranger Song
Wishful Thinking VIP - Vaccine
Sabacco - Quarta 330
For You - Floating Points
Class Of My Own - Young Chris
Misty Winter - Digital Mystikz
Get On Up - Babylon System
The Truth - Stranger Song

you're Canadian? where you at?

IanTheM
May 22, 2007

Threatis posted:

you're Canadian? where you at?

Vancouver, haven't been to a 1/2alive night unfortunately, though one of my friends used to take party pics for their nights.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I figure this is a good a place as any to post this:

A mashup I did a few weeks ago just for fun. Tracks are Run DMC - It's Tricky and Boys Noize - Let's buy happiness.

Right now I'm trying to borrow together some equipment to record a live mix, will try to put it up here for critique.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

IanTheM posted:

Vancouver, haven't been to a 1/2alive night unfortunately, though one of my friends used to take party pics for their nights.

holy poo poo. get out to one NOW.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Has anybody been having trouble previewing tunes on Beatport lately? Or is it just me?

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong
Yeah, yesterday I think some server probably went down or somethin

Seems to be fixed today tho

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Here is my opening set for "Evil" Eddie Richards in the Beatport Lounge last Friday night. This is probably one of the most techno-ish sets I've played in recent memory (especially compared to my set opening for Migs the weekend before).

Starts with about half an hour of quirky downtempo stuff, then some dubby heady techno and then some tech house and more techno. Total runtime is 3 hours.

Stream/DL: http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-the-beatport-lounge-2009-06-05
Direct DL: http://dancemusicboard.net/music/bones-live_at_the_beatport_lounge-2009-06-05.mp3

Tracklisting:
[0:00:00] Humate - 3.3
[0:04:52] KiloWatts - Two Parts
[0:11:22] Beanfield - Planetary Deadlock
[0:15:32] Yppah - The Tingling
[0:19:01] DJ Spooky - Soon Forward
[0:24:01] Seelenluft - Auracar
[0:29:09] Model 500 - Starlight(Echospace Remix)
[0:37:27] Sian - Red Cloud
[0:43:06] Sei A - My Era
[0:48:17] Manuel Tur - Will Be Mine feat. Alexander East (12" Extended Mix)
[0:52:02] DJ Sprinkles - Grand Central, Part I (Deep Into The Bowel Of House) (MCDE Bassline Dub)
[0:58:10] Sloan - Gotta Use It (Gorge Remix)
[1:03:07] Ian Pooley - The Hippest Hip (Manuel Tur Rework)
[1:07:38] Audiofly, Alex Flitsch - Long Way To Go
[1:13:39] Burnski - Species
[1:20:35] Sasse - Break Up (The Timewriter Droit Up Remix)
[1:26:21] Veitengruber - Big Love
[1:32:57] Phonogenic - Blackwash
[1:38:08] F.E.X. - Can U Feel It (Dub Mix)
[1:43:18] Palm Skin Productions - Done (Shur-I-kan Remix)
[1:49:16] Slam - Positive Education (D'Julz Remix)
[1:55:06] Pezzner - Brooklyn New York (Justin Martin Remix)
[2:01:12] Tom Demac - Prima Donna
[2:06:38] Mark Henning - Monster
[2:13:30] Junior Boys - Hazel (Ewan Pearson's House Dub Mix)
[2:19:57] Reverse Commuter - Southern Charge
[2:25:52] Home & Garden - Domesticated feat. Derrick Carter (Pezzner Remix)
[2:31:49] Chelonis R. Jones - Pompadour (Gorge Dub Mix)
[2:36:58] Liapin - Mandan
[2:43:25] La Pena - Cheesecake
[2:48:51] Tom Demac - Three By Four

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

vanilla slimfast posted:

Here is my opening set for "Evil" Eddie Richards in the Beatport Lounge last Friday night. This is probably one of the most techno-ish sets I've played in recent memory (especially compared to my set opening for Migs the weekend before).

Starts with about half an hour of quirky downtempo stuff, then some dubby heady techno and then some tech house and more techno. Total runtime is 3 hours.

Stream/DL: http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-the-beatport-lounge-2009-06-05
Direct DL: http://dancemusicboard.net/music/bones-live_at_the_beatport_lounge-2009-06-05.mp3

Tracklisting:
[0:52:02] DJ Sprinkles - Grand Central, Part I (Deep Into The Bowel Of House) (MCDE Bassline Dub)

Hell yea, giving this a listen.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

vanilla slimfast posted:

Tracklisting:

Looks fantastic, you use a lot of tracks that I've picked up in recent weeks. That MCDE mix of Grand Central is my track of the summer thus far. DLing for sure.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

SixOhSix posted:

Hell yea, giving this a listen.

GozGunner posted:

Looks fantastic, you use a lot of tracks that I've picked up in recent weeks. That MCDE mix of Grand Central is my track of the summer thus far. DLing for sure.

Thanks guys, lemme know what you think :)

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

vanilla slimfast posted:

Thanks guys, lemme know what you think :)

I don't have a terribly huge writeup sadly, it's been a really crazy week. That said, I definitely did listen to it all, and it was very well done. Transitions were really fluid overall, I liked the flow of the set for the style you did. My only big complaint is there wasn't any transitional work on a couple of the tracks near the beginning, but from minute 30 on it just all flowed smooth. Didn't notice any glaring transitional issues or anything. It was pretty much the calibre of skill I'd expect mixing at something like that.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
Vanilla, really enjoyed your mix! I usually tend to avoid techy stuff, but sometimes it's too good to ignore.

Weird little mix I did the other day:
BBCS (Mix) 30:02
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Broken%20Beats%2C%20City%20Streets%20%28Mix%29.mp3
Heart Entire - Nosaj Thing
Imperials - Ratatat
Into The Cosmos - Architeq
The Incredible Hump - The Incredible Hump
Dante - Untold
Disneyland - A Guy Called Gerald
Starryeyed - (Unknown)
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
Touch - DJ Abstract
You Don't Love Me - Rich Boy
Blank Blue (Flying Lotus Remix) - Blank Blue
Lonely Joined By Happy - Carlos Nino
Fieldtrip - Boxcutter
Lambeth - Burial
Floating/Sinking - Peter Broderick

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

IanTheM posted:

Vanilla, really enjoyed your mix! I usually tend to avoid techy stuff, but sometimes it's too good to ignore.

Weird little mix I did the other day:
BBCS (Mix) 30:02
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Broken%20Beats%2C%20City%20Streets%20%28Mix%29.mp3
Heart Entire - Nosaj Thing
Imperials - Ratatat
Into The Cosmos - Architeq
The Incredible Hump - The Incredible Hump
Dante - Untold
Disneyland - A Guy Called Gerald
Starryeyed - (Unknown)
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
Touch - DJ Abstract
You Don't Love Me - Rich Boy
Blank Blue (Flying Lotus Remix) - Blank Blue
Lonely Joined By Happy - Carlos Nino
Fieldtrip - Boxcutter
Lambeth - Burial
Floating/Sinking - Peter Broderick

no way you used that radio 1 rip of the new burial. it had tags all over it. Ill listen

IanTheM
May 22, 2007

Terrible Horse posted:

no way you used that radio 1 rip of the new burial. it had tags all over it. Ill listen

I usually just make these for my friends, and I wanted them to hear Lambeth. So I ripped it. =p

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

Fridaaaaaay! Weekly show as tonight as usual @ show over, thanks to any that tuned in! We'll probably just start at midnight ET since we don't have any special guests. I'll be doing some more mainstream club for part of tonight's set, and as long as there aren't any technical issues I'll have a recording of the mix up tomorrow.

SixOhSix fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 13, 2009

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

SixOhSix posted:

My only big complaint is there wasn't any transitional work on a couple of the tracks near the beginning

I think you are referring to the Yppah track that I played early on, which I filtered in and out of rather than mixing. It was not at the same tempo as the other slow stuff I was playing at that point in the night but I really wanted to hear it so I just shoehorned it in.

If you go through previous mixes I've posted in this thread you'll see that I do actually fluidly mix downtempo and midtempo in my sets, especially the longer ones, rather than doing Oakenfold crossfades :v:

Thanks for listening!

Splush
Jan 15, 2001

Check it out! I'm NAKED!
I'm getting back into mixing after a long break due to the magic of Traktor Scratch, here's a little D&B mix I did yesterday:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/613220994c12792a/

Digital - Get Away [Bassbin]
Instra:mental - Thugtronika [Exit]
Morphy - Warren Dub [Nerve]
Calibre feat. DRS - Hustlin [Signature]
Klute - Hell Hath No Fury [Commercial Suicide]
Chase & Status - Street Life [Ram]
Calibre - Don't Mind [Signature]
Mistical - Eject [Soul:r]
Sonic - Electrosound [Hospital]
Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes (DJ Marky & Bungle remix) [White]
Break - Runoff [Quarantine]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]

It's all off the cuff with a couple of slightly dodgy transitions but it's got a pretty good energy. I was trying to start easy with slow, dubby stuff and ramp up slowly. The new Morphy EP on Nerve is fantastic for that deep, dubby, half-tempo sound. Would love some feedback, cheers.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Splush posted:

I'm getting back into mixing after a long break due to the magic of Traktor Scratch, here's a little D&B mix I did yesterday:

It's all off the cuff with a couple of slightly dodgy transitions but it's got a pretty good energy. I was trying to start easy with slow, dubby stuff and ramp up slowly. The new Morphy EP on Nerve is fantastic for that deep, dubby, half-tempo sound. Would love some feedback, cheers.

Gorgeous tracklist by the way.

Edit: if you haven't already, check out the Sepia Tones EP on Darkestral. I bagged it on vinyl last week and it is lovely.

Anae fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 13, 2009

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

Splush posted:

Downloaded. Will listen and do a writeup on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splush
Jan 15, 2001

Check it out! I'm NAKED!
Cheers guys. I'll check out that Sepia Tones EP, I really like that Instra:mental is doing, reminds me of the direction photek used to be going in.

• Locked thread