Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

KidDynamite posted:

What's a good amount of miles to put on new tires before taking them through the wringer? I'm getting my Pirelli's put on as we speak. I'm pretty excited for traction!

Usually the recommendation is 100 miles of "easy" riding. Personally I'd make sure the 100 miles is a good selection of mixed riding and not just 100 miles in a straight line to make sure you're scrubbing some tread from the sides of the tires as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I've never had to purchase/replace tires on a motorcycle, and I'm looking at getting a 2007 EX500 whose original tires are just about done. Does anyone have recommendations, for someone who is focused more on touring/longevity and not so much about cornering and track performance?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah i think I'll drain the float bowls first, see if that does the trick. My oil level doesn't seem to be lower than before, so i am reluctant to think that my airbox is chock full of oil. Plus if the filter were soaked, why would it have made it the 15 or so miles back to my place before having issues?

I keep my bike covered, so no rain, but I did ride it through the fog. I guess I'll have a look at the fuses too.

Thanks for all the continued advice. Its kinda fun to sort this out on my own.
your symptoms sounded similar to tek's, a fuel flow constriction between the tank and the carbs. hard to imagine how a tip over would cause that though.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

That is gorgeous. Sooooo expensive though.

If you want a round fuel gauge with a black face, look at the Suzuki Bandit (1st-gen 97-00). They look like this: http://www.andersbrink.se/rebuild/gauges.jpg

Being a Suzuki, and being in the GS line, I would be surprised if it wasnt a bolt-on affair for your bike. I'm sure you can snag them on eBay for cheap.

That's great, I'll keep an eye out for those. I want to get two of the same kind so I have two identical housings. You have a Bandit right? If you have the manual, could you check what the ohm ratings are for full and empty? I can track down the manual myself of course.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Hughmoris posted:

I've never had to purchase/replace tires on a motorcycle, and I'm looking at getting a 2007 EX500 whose original tires are just about done. Does anyone have recommendations, for someone who is focused more on touring/longevity and not so much about cornering and track performance?

Pilot Road, or whatever the OEM tires were if you can find them really cheap.

KidDynamite posted:

What's a good amount of miles to put on new tires before taking them through the wringer? I'm getting my Pirelli's put on as we speak. I'm pretty excited for traction!

15-20 minutes, take it easy until they are 'no longer slippery'

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

That's great, I'll keep an eye out for those. I want to get two of the same kind so I have two identical housings. You have a Bandit right? If you have the manual, could you check what the ohm ratings are for full and empty? I can track down the manual myself of course.

I do have a Bandit, I'll look in my manuals and see if there is any reference to ohm ratings. your bike is a GSX750, no?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 4, 2009

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Quick, relatively simple question. My boyfriend has been considering getting his first motorcycle lately. He seems to have fallen in love with a Honda CBR something or other. As you may have guessed, I know nothing about bikes (wouldn't mind learning a few things though as I wouldn't mind having one some day). I believe he wants a '08 model. What opinions or knowledge do you guys have about this bike? A good first bike? Any notorious mechanical problems? Google searches can only tell me so many things and it's nice to have feedback from several people. I just worry he may be jumping into this a little quickly.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Skizzles posted:

Quick, relatively simple question. My boyfriend has been considering getting his first motorcycle lately. He seems to have fallen in love with a Honda CBR something or other. As you may have guessed, I know nothing about bikes (wouldn't mind learning a few things though as I wouldn't mind having one some day). I believe he wants a '08 model. What opinions or knowledge do you guys have about this bike? A good first bike? Any notorious mechanical problems? Google searches can only tell me so many things and it's nice to have feedback from several people. I just worry he may be jumping into this a little quickly.

Usually recommended to go through MSF and get licensed before a bike is bought. Also, buying any kind of new bike might lead to disappointment as new riders almost always drop their bike at least once. Consider a "pre-loved" bike that's cheaper and not a big deal if it goes down.

And for the love of God, don't let him a crazy fast sportbike for a first bike. It will be a lot to handle for a new rider. Every young guy always wants a fast supersport bike and it simply is not a good beginner bike. I'd go into specifics about what kinds of bikes to be wary of but my broken wrist from riding like a fighter pilot makes me a lazy typer.

Another thing to consider is gear. He'll want a full-face helmet, armored jacket, armored pants, armored gloves, and an over-the-ankle style boot (waterproof if he's not a pussy who won't ride in the rain).

FuzzyWuzzyBear fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 5, 2009

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Yeah he had a toss up between a sportbike and a cruiser but since he doesn't tend to drive long distances a sportbike seems to fit him more. You can bet I'll be making him buy all the appropriate safety poo poo. I remember the story of how my dad crashed his bike and was covered head-to-toe in road rash. He couldn't move without being in pain and my mom would come over and pour some peroxide on him every now and then. I know that's far from the worst that can happen.

He typically researches everything pretty thoroughly before he jumps into it, so I'm not TOO worried. Never hurts to get some extra information.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Skizzles posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you aren't living in Japan or someplace where you can buy a CBR250 and say that any CBR your boyfriend is interested in is too powerful for a new rider.

And before the inevitable I LEARNED ON A DUCATI SUPERSPORT AND I'M FINE posts, I'll point out that powerful bikes are a whole lot less forgiving than bikes more befitting a new rider. All it takes is a mistake on the throttle and the bike can become a rocket that a newbie won't know how to control.

It's not about CCs (don't let anyone tell you it is) - it's about horsepower. A bike with around 60 or so HP is pretty much the top of where a new rider should be starting.

Maybe something like a Ninja 250 or 500 instead?

Also, riders are at the highest risk of dropping a bike in the first year of riding, so buying a new, expensive bike right away isn't a good idea. If I had a dollar for each story I've heard of people buying brand new supersports, crashing them, then being too terrified to ride again, I would be stinkin' rich.

I'll close by saying that you are an awesome girlfriend for actually looking into how he can safely start out riding instead of having a knee-jerk reaction against it. :patriot:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Comedy CBR125 option. (They seem to be advertising the hell out of them here, and Honda doesn't have much in the low end of the spectrum other than the Rebel 250 these days)

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I often hear of girlfriends being "AW HELL NAW" about it but I don't have anything against motorcycles. I know they can be quite dangerous but so can driving a car, if only slightly less so. He's definitely not a stupid fellow so while he does have that "WOO I LIKE FAST BADASS THINGS!" streak in him every young dude does, I don't think he'll overdo it. He just mentioned how he likes Ninjas too so maybe I'll try and talk him into one of those. :)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mechanic-ing question - one of the subframe bolts on my bike sheared apart, leaving the threaded stub sticking a little way out of the hole, but still way down in the bottom of a socket. What's the best way to remove a bolt stub that I can't quite get a pair of pliers on?

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!
A friend of mine at work got a Haybabusa about a month ago, and hasn't been too happy with the windscreen. With the stock screen, the wind was hitting him square in the chest. He finally got an aftermarket screen, but complaining the wind is now nailing him in the forehead when he's tucked in as much as he can be. Is this just something that you have to deal with on a 'busa, or is there any recommended aftermarket screen? The only thing I found on other forums was using velcro to attach another bit of plastic on the top of the screen. He has a penchant for going fast, (hence the 'busa) and I don't think he would really be into that idea.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Methusulah posted:

A friend of mine at work got a Haybabusa about a month ago, and hasn't been too happy with the windscreen. With the stock screen, the wind was hitting him square in the chest. He finally got an aftermarket screen, but complaining the wind is now nailing him in the forehead when he's tucked in as much as he can be. Is this just something that you have to deal with on a 'busa, or is there any recommended aftermarket screen? The only thing I found on other forums was using velcro to attach another bit of plastic on the top of the screen. He has a penchant for going fast, (hence the 'busa) and I don't think he would really be into that idea.

Try no windshield.

Skizzles posted:

I often hear of girlfriends being "AW HELL NAW" about it but I don't have anything against motorcycles. I know they can be quite dangerous but so can driving a car, if only slightly less so. He's definitely not a stupid fellow so while he does have that "WOO I LIKE FAST BADASS THINGS!" streak in him every young dude does, I don't think he'll overdo it. He just mentioned how he likes Ninjas too so maybe I'll try and talk him into one of those. :)

Unless it's the CBR125, I'm going to nth that any modern CBR is a bad idea. Get him on a used bike. A cruiser is a better bet as a starting bike, as it'll be a lot more forgiving of newb mistakes. Ninja 250, 500, GS500, SV650, KLR650, etc, are all good beginner bikes. Remind him that it's his first bike, not his last, and if he gets a good deal on a beginner bike, he can ride it for 10k and sell it for more than what he paid for it. Encourage him to look at really cheap, predropped, low HP bikes. Displacement lies, so look up HP stats on bikes...70HP is the absolute max that you want him to be on. Pick up proficient motorcycling by david hough and get him to an MSF class to start.

Phy posted:

Mechanic-ing question - one of the subframe bolts on my bike sheared apart, leaving the threaded stub sticking a little way out of the hole, but still way down in the bottom of a socket. What's the best way to remove a bolt stub that I can't quite get a pair of pliers on?

I've had a good amount of luck drilling a slot in the bolt with a dremel and using a screwdriver to get it out. Sometimes you end up pounding on a high spot on the bolt with the screwdriver and a hammer. Otherwise, an EZout will do the job.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

That's great, I'll keep an eye out for those. I want to get two of the same kind so I have two identical housings. You have a Bandit right? If you have the manual, could you check what the ohm ratings are for full and empty?

Got this from another forum:

quote:

Manual lists the specs as 1 - 5 Ohms for "Full", and 103 - 117 Ohms for "Empty".

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Cool, mine says full 1-5, half 25-40 and empty 100-120 so that should work perfectly.

Taelrin
Jul 17, 2004

Phy posted:

Are you replacing the subframe bolts with the full drill through type? I've been meaning to do this to my KLR for awhile and was curious if you could give a writeup with your opinions if you do.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Skizzles posted:

Yeah he had a toss up between a sportbike and a cruiser but since he doesn't tend to drive long distances a sportbike seems to fit him more. You can bet I'll be making him buy all the appropriate safety poo poo. I remember the story of how my dad crashed his bike and was covered head-to-toe in road rash. He couldn't move without being in pain and my mom would come over and pour some peroxide on him every now and then. I know that's far from the worst that can happen.

He typically researches everything pretty thoroughly before he jumps into it, so I'm not TOO worried. Never hurts to get some extra information.

I have 3 friends who started on CBR 600s, another who started on a ZX-10r (1000ccs instead of 600ccs). All but one of them did the MSF and were able to go on those bikes and ride just fine, the other one did the MSF after 9 months of riding.

Sport bikes aren't death machines, they just attract people who like to go fast and drive crazy, and those people are what attribute higher accident rates. People on scooters are just as likely to be hit and run over by cars and trucks, the real killers of motorcyclists. Every person I know who has fallen on a bike and not been hit by another vehicle has had zero injuries except road rash.

Just remember that whatever bike he gets, it's going to meet the ground. Whether its a scooter or high performance sport bike or harley davidson. Everyone drops their first bike, mostly at 0 MPH.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Methusulah posted:

If he's not set on looks, he could use an epoxy paste made for plastics instead of velcro. That will hold up much better against winds.

How tall is he? I have the stock low windscreen, I'm 6 foot 3 inches in height, and unless I'm going 120+ I can comfortably ride sitting up. Is he wearing a leather jacket? A full face helmet?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
JTS, could you kindly stop peddling your nonsense around here? At least steer clear of recommending stupid bikes to novices.

Skizzles posted:

I often hear of girlfriends being "AW HELL NAW" about it but I don't have anything against motorcycles.

This is what you would be sitting on if he picked up a modern supersport.

If you ever plan to go on a ride with him, and don't feel like having severe rear end pain for a week, there are much, much better choices available.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Jack the Smack posted:

I have 3 friends who started on CBR 600s, another who started on a ZX-10r (1000ccs instead of 600ccs).

:bravo:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Simkin posted:

If you ever plan to go on a ride with him, and don't feel like having severe rear end pain for a week, there are much, much better choices available.

I'm not sure how, but a friend of mine and his girlfriend rode to Cedar Point from here (180 miles) on a 600RR. They're both about 5'-10" as well.

My Hayabusa was great for 2-up, but I wouldn't have wanted to ride it that far.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Simkin posted:

JTS, could you kindly stop peddling your nonsense around here? At least steer clear of recommending stupid bikes to novices.

Honestly, it's not like the rider's seat is much better.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Simkin posted:

Peddling what nonsense? What nonsense did I mention that is invalid? It seems like you just hate sport bikes in general.

Simkin posted:

Cruisers are definitely more comfortable, but since he's riding in a city you'll have a lot more fun on the sport bike.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 5, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Jack the Smack posted:

Peddling what nonsense? What nonsense did I mention that is invalid? It seems like you just hate sport bikes in general.

Every time someone comes in and asks/mentions that they have plans to start on something hilariously inappropriate for a beginner, like a 600ss, you're the first (and usually only) person to trot out anecdotes to the effect of "gently caress YEAH BRAH, JUST JUMP ON THAT poo poo AND RIDE IT TO FREEEEEEDOM. DON'T LET THE MAN TELL YOU NOT TO ROCK A SUPERSPORT AS A NEWB."

As far as hating sport bikes? Really? That's the best you could manage? I guess owning one isn't enough proof that I don't hate them, clearly I just need to make a video montage of me presenting gifts to it recommend one to every new rider that pops in for some advice.

Jack the Smack posted:

Cruisers are definitely more comfortable, but since he's riding in a city you'll have a lot more fun on the sport bike.

As I said (as have others) before, there are plenty of other bikes (and styles) that aren't either supersports or cruisers. Hell, there's even quite a few bikes that look like sport bikes, but won't stuff a rider into a hedge when they make any number of stereotypically common new rider mistakes.

How much fun can one have in a city on a supersport? Aren't most urban centres posted at 50kph or so, thus requiring you to tool around in first gear pretty much everywhere? Sounds like fun.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Jack the Smack posted:

It's not a good idea for people to start out on powerful bikes. We're very happy that your friends have done so without incident, but it still doesn't make it something to go around recommending. Powerful bikes are twitchy, and newbies make clutch and throttle mistakes. These two factors are what make it not a good idea.

EDIT: It's not about sportbikes, hell, I wouldn't recommend anyone start out on a Valkyrie either because it has way too much power for a beginner (100 HP).

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 5, 2009

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Simkin posted:

Every time someone comes in and asks/mentions that they have plans to start on something hilariously inappropriate for a beginner, like a 600ss, you're the first (and usually only) person to trot out anecdotes to the effect of "gently caress YEAH BRAH, JUST JUMP ON THAT poo poo AND RIDE IT TO FREEEEEEDOM. DON'T LET THE MAN TELL YOU NOT TO ROCK A SUPERSPORT AS A NEWB."

As far as hating sport bikes? Really? That's the best you could manage? I guess owning one isn't enough proof that I don't hate them, clearly I just need to make a video montage of me presenting gifts to it recommend one to every new rider that pops in for some advice.

I never said that getting a sport bike is something he should get, I'm just trying to dissuade from the idea that getting a sport bike as your first is bad. I was convinced not to get a sport bike, but a dual sport bike by my parents (A GSXR 750 was my first choice) and so I dropped $5700 and now I regret it every day. So when someone comes on saying they're looking into sport bikes as their bike of choice, and everyone says not too, I rather dissuade someone from making a choice solely because they heard on a forum that sport bikes will lead to injury and death.

Simkin posted:

As I said (as have others) before, there are plenty of other bikes (and styles) that aren't either supersports or cruisers. Hell, there's even quite a few bikes that look like sport bikes, but won't stuff a rider into a hedge when they make any number of stereotypically common new rider mistakes.

Every single stereotypical mistake has nothing to do with the bike.

Simkin posted:

How much fun can one have in a city on a supersport? Aren't most urban centres posted at 50kph or so, thus requiring you to tool around in first gear pretty much everywhere? Sounds like fun.

I guess cities don't have freeways.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Jack the Smack posted:

I never said that getting a sport bike is something he should get, I'm just trying to dissuade from the idea that getting a sport bike as your first is bad. I was convinced not to get a sport bike, but a dual sport bike by my parents (A GSXR 750 was my first choice) and so I dropped $5700 and now I regret it every day. So when someone comes on saying they're looking into sport bikes as their bike of choice, and everyone says not too, I rather dissuade someone from making a choice solely because they heard on a forum that sport bikes will lead to injury and death.

It's not about sportbikes. It's about bikes that have too much power. Or perhaps you missed the parts where people recommended other, less powerful sportbikes instead.

quote:

It has everything to do with the bike. Do you really think a gently caress up on a Hayabusa equal to one on a Ninja 250?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Jack the Smack posted:

A supersport will react quite differently to erroneous input compared to a dualsport. Differently as in worse.

Also, I ride a dualsport (first bike) and love it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Doctor Zero posted:

It's not about sportbikes. It's about bikes that have too much power. Or perhaps you missed the parts where people recommended other, less powerful sportbikes instead.

It has everything to do with the bike. Do you really think a gently caress up on a Hayabusa equal to one on a Ninja 250?

Not counting financial due to bike value differences, yes they are equal. Every single gently caress up that myself and my friends have done, except when attempting stunts and racing down the canyons, would have been no different had we all be on Ninja 250s, motards, or hardleys.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
This is a proper urban starter bike:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

I adore sportbikes, but they're poo poo starter bikes, and they're poo poo streetbikes. 1000cc bikes have a nice engine for the street, but that's like finding candy in a pile of poo poo, sure the engine is great, but the rest of the bike is still poo poo for street use. And they're still horribly bad starter bikes.

Honestly, parading out friends who have started on literbikes is like claiming someone is a good skier because they've never killed themselves.

You can ride a motorcycle and not crash and not be involved in accidents, but that doesn't make you a good rider...it means you're lucky.

Jack, your problem is you made a lovely purchase for a starter bike. It was the wrong bike for you. You dropped 5700$ (:xd:) on a god drat dual sport! As a starter bike?!?! What the gently caress were you thinking, jesus.

Sportbikes are poo poo streetbikes. Ride for 50k and you'll understand that. I've put in my miles, get some time on some nice standards, supermotos, even a cruiser here or there, and you'll understand.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jack the Smack posted:

Not counting financial due to bike value differences, yes they are equal. Every single gently caress up that myself and my friends have done, except when attempting stunts and racing down the canyons, would have been no different had we all be on Ninja 250s, motards, or hardleys.

You're a retard.

Go pin the throttle for 10 seconds on a 250, shifting as needed, and tell me what speed you end up at.

Then go to it on your SV1000.

Report back with your speed.

They're the same, right guise? :haw:

Now, apply that to power wheelies, corner entry speeds, and everything else...you just can't go as fast on the straights on a 250 as you can on anything else. An SV is pretty much tapped by 110, a SS 600 is shifting out of 3rd.

Jack, I think you're amusing, and you're honestly probably just trolling here because CA is such an easy target. But god drat, do you spout some retarded poo poo sometimes. And it's amusing and fun up until your idiot advice gets someone hurt or killed.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 5, 2009

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

I guess cities don't have freeways.

The speed limit on freeways can be broken on a 1000cc bike in the first gear.

Do you and your friends ride around perfectly straight up, hammering it in the straights and taking turns wider and slower then school buses?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Z3n posted:

Jack, your problem is you made a lovely purchase for a starter bike. It was the wrong bike for you. You dropped 5700$ (:xd:) on a god drat dual sport! As a starter bike?!?! What the gently caress were you thinking, jesus.

I was saving up to get a GSXR 750 and almost had enough, when my dad said he would give me the money to buy a new bike that day if it were the one he saw on craigslist (me not knowing much about bikes decided to go along since it looked like the bike I wanted. Also since it was 1000ccs instead of 750, MORE CCs MEANS MORE POWER!!!!).

Since then, I've learned this bike is not an I4 and after riding all my friends bikes I hate almost every aspect that comes with a V-twin (vibrations, sound, engine braking).

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Z3n posted:

You're a retard.

Go pin the throttle for 10 seconds on a 250, shifting as needed, and tell me what speed you end up at.

Then go to it on your SV1000.

Report back with your speed.

They're the same, right guise? :haw:

What situation would this cause a newbie to mess up? When as a newbie have you gone full throttle for 10 seconds and the whole time going "Oh poo poo how do I slow down?!"

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Jack the Smack posted:

What situation would this cause a newbie to mess up? When as a newbie have you gone full throttle for 10 seconds and the whole time going "Oh poo poo how do I slow down?!"

One of the more common newbie mistakes I see is rolling on the throttle while pulling the front brake lever. Seems relevant.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Simkin posted:

make a video montage of me presenting gifts to it

what you say?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jack the Smack posted:

Ok, so taking it by baby steps:

A new rider accelerates down a straight, and then comes to a corner. They approach the corner, fail to navigate it, and either run wide or lowside. Why did they run wide? Because they came in too fast, freaked out, and stood it up and tried to brake. Or, they didn't have the comfort to negotiate the corner at that speed because they were coming into the corner too fast. Or the lowsided because they came in too fast, freaked out, and grabbed a handful of brake.

Which bike is it easier to come in to a corner too hot on? A 600cc, 110hp I4, or a 28hp 250?

Remember, this situation is 2/3rds of single vehicle motorcycle crashes. Avoiding this one situation cuts out the vast majority of single vehicle accidents.

So...what bike is it easier to come in to a corner too hot on as a novice rider: A literbike, or a 250?

If you get uncomfortable at all with your speed while you are riding your motorcycle, it is going to difficult to impossible to learn to be a better rider, because your brain is going to be completely focused on the fear, and not on learning to ride better. When you get comfortable with your motorcycle, the throttle, and it's speed, then you can start to learn. Low HP beginner bikes accelerate this process, high HP sportbikes retard it.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Jack the Smack posted:

I was saving up to get a GSXR 750 and almost had enough, when my dad said he would give me the money to buy a new bike that day if it were the one he saw on craigslist

I've read like 4 posts by you, but you need to shut up or get out. You have no business telling anyone anything about motorcycles.