Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

mezzir posted:

This isn't a trade offer, but I'm working out a trade over CL and wanted to just run it by someone else to make sure I'm not missing something obvious and make sure this seems like a decent deal.
I have a Keystation Pro 88 (http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Keystation-Pro-88-MIDI-Controller?sku=709203)
And I was looking to trade for a smaller midi controller since I really don't need all these keys, and something else, ideally an acoustic/electric.

Guy replied and he's got, among other things, an m-audio 02 controller (http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-25-Key-Ultra-Thin-Mobile-Controller/dp/B00063J2O6) and an Ibanez AEG10E (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEG10E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-?sku=519982) laying around that he doesn't need (has a nice Martin and a nice mic which he prefers to the Ibanez).
So, this seems to be a mutually benefitial trade and doesn't seem to screw one party, anyone mind reading it over and giving an opinion?

It's not an unreasonable dollar-value trade, but are you sure you're going to be happy with a 25 key controller? They are nice for portability but for anything more than keying in basslines, you're likely going to find yourself wishing you had more keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...
To be honest I probably will miss it a little, but I rarely actually play anything with two hands these days, I should be able to make do with two octaves. That and also in all likelihood I'm moving in August and right now to save some money while I finish my last semester of college it might end up being to my parents to save money, but regardless of where, this keyboard is massive and takes up a shitload of room when I really don't use half of it ever. That coupled with the fact that I've wanted an acoustic/electric for ages seeing as I'm still on my first ever acoustic and I've had to work out my hand with one of those grip thingies just to play stuff above the 7th fret (loving horrible piece of poo poo, planning on giving it away once I get a new guitar).

Cheers for the advice though :)

Alecks
Dec 28, 2005

DeathBySpoon posted:

Is this still available?

Yes. Email me at alexray.smith at gmail.com

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

cat doter posted:

Cheap shipping doesn't bother me as long as it's reliable. $125 is a loving deal though, a lovely chorus pedal will set me back $200+ in Aus so that's practically a steal considering the whole "prestige" of the CE-2s. Hit me up on my e-mail or you can use MSN if that takes your fancy. tmntdeath13@hotmail.com

Sorry, I quoted $125, then edited in the shipping information after which came as a monster surprise.

I can do $180 and ship it Xpresspost international if you would like.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

pennywisdom posted:

Sorry, I quoted $125, then edited in the shipping information after which came as a monster surprise.

I can do $180 and ship it Xpresspost international if you would like.

Yeah, I noticed, I'm still willing to buy even with the hefty postage.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Sounds good, paypal is bryanmaniotakis@gmail.com

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Does anyone have a wah pedal that they are willing to part with? I don't have anything to trade so I can only offer cash.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Side Effects posted:

Does anyone have a wah pedal that they are willing to part with? I don't have anything to trade so I can only offer cash.

Dunlop Pink Crybaby. Cheap.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Professorbx posted:

Dunlop Pink Crybaby. Cheap.

Was that the hot pink crybaby? How much?

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Side Effects posted:

Was that the hot pink crybaby? How much?

Yes, the limited edition hot pink Crybaby. Doesn't get any use since my Dad gave me his 1972 Italian Vox 846. Still mint. $40 plus shipping sound alright? Depending on where you are it shouldn't be that much to ship-I get a good deal.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds good. Got an e-mail address I can contact you with further info on?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Vouching for Profbx, he's done me many a solid and is a great, trustworthy guy.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Side Effects posted:

Sounds good. Got an e-mail address I can contact you with further info on?

johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com

Let's do it up!

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Agreed posted:

Vouching for Profbx, he's done me many a solid and is a great, trustworthy guy.

Aww, you are making me blush!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Professorbx posted:

johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com

Let's do it up!

Cool. Email sent. :)

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
This is all a longshot, but:
I have an Ibanez RG270DX with blocked tremolo, EMG-81 in the bridge and passive EMG-designed pickups in the other positions. Also still have my Peavey Special 212. I'm mainly looking to trade both or one + spot of cash for a nice, quality fixed bridge guitar with active EMGs or SD Blackouts. I like ESP and Ibanez. It'd be super awesome if you were near eastern Iowa or accessible by I-80/I-74/etc. If not, I suppose I could ship.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

pennywisdom posted:

Sounds good, paypal is bryanmaniotakis@gmail.com

Aw poo poo, something's come up. I can't afford to get the pedal from you atm. Shame, I was looking forward to it too.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

It's all good, I'm in no rush to sell it and I'm not advertising it anywhere, so let me know if you want it in the near future.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
Trading 70's yamaha acoustic, full size dreadnought that rules I will have to check the model number its at my girls. Great shape. Comes with case. Will trade for keyboards, apc40s ,awesome delay pedals, a proco rat {I want a second one for bass}, interfaces with 4 ins or more, midi percussion pads. no guitars or basses or drums.

I have a great hammond m3 still would take not much and it rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9MS83K-2Mk&feature=related

Same as the two tier playing lead on the left in the video. This thing crushes in elctronica or rock,dub,reggae poo poo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXN8LQzIHMM&feature=related
heres a m3 thru a wah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-pEwUMZ1g4&feature=related

Rkelly fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 23, 2009

Out on the Porch
Oct 30, 2008

Agreed posted:

Hey Agreed, do you think there's a huge difference between the Cool Cat Fuzz and the Boss Blues Driver BD-2? I own the BD-2 right now and I'm finding I don't really use it because I use the maxon for boosts (didn't really appreciate this pedal until I started playing with a band, and realizing the necessity to stand out for solos and what not), but the BD-2's high drive settings I find not to be that great. It sounds sorta cheap imo. Maybe I'm using it wrong?

Anyways I bring that up because I'm thinking of offering it up for trade. Also Agreed I don't remember if I ever thanked you for awhile back when you recommended the Peavey Classic 30 to me when I was looking for an amp for my newly purchased Strat. I picked up the classic 30 and it is absolutely amazing, thank you for your help!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Professorbx, are you still interested in selling me the wah pedal? I haven't heard anything from you since your response to my initial e-mail a week ago and I was wondering if everything is all right. If you don't want to sell me the pedal, that's fine, I'd just like to know if that's the case.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Out on the Porch posted:

Hey Agreed, do you think there's a huge difference between the Cool Cat Fuzz and the Boss Blues Driver BD-2? I own the BD-2 right now and I'm finding I don't really use it because I use the maxon for boosts (didn't really appreciate this pedal until I started playing with a band, and realizing the necessity to stand out for solos and what not), but the BD-2's high drive settings I find not to be that great. It sounds sorta cheap imo. Maybe I'm using it wrong?

Anyways I bring that up because I'm thinking of offering it up for trade. Also Agreed I don't remember if I ever thanked you for awhile back when you recommended the Peavey Classic 30 to me when I was looking for an amp for my newly purchased Strat. I picked up the classic 30 and it is absolutely amazing, thank you for your help!

Just saw this, I'll comment on it when I get settled down when I get to my in-laws'. Been over at the house but it's time for me to go; just wanted you to know I have seen it now and I'll respond. Short answer big difference.

Edit: Okay, the Cool Cat Fuzz is a clone of the now defunct Peachfuzz from Frantone, which - at the time of Frantone's closing earlier this year - was priced at $300 new, and which is well-regarded in the boutique pedal community for its thick, woolly (Webster: lacking in clearness or sharpness of outline) texture with tons of gain and low-end, controllable with an effective tone control to your tastes.

The BD-2 is a great, relatively transparent (somewhat mid boosted but not much) overdrive that aims for a "your sound, but with more grit" effect. It's in my opinion one of the best sounding Boss pedals, stock, and many like the mods that are available for it; personally I don't think it needs anything to sound superb. Very well designed and interesting pedal.

The two are not much alike at all, and if you're looking to branch out, the Cool Cat Fuzz would be a good way to get into a totally different genre of dirt - careful, though, fuzz is kind of an addiction once you get into it.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 30, 2009

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

A while back I bought a Line6 Pocket Pod to practice with because the lady who lived above me liked to call the cops when I'd plug in my amp. Well, I've moved and really don't use it any more. I think I paid ~$120 for it, but I'd be willing to give it up for $50.

If you want pictures or anything, let me know. It's in perfect shape and has only been used a handful of times.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

edit: deprecated, see new thread in ML

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 5, 2009

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Agreed posted:

Both pickups for $65; if you've got a SSH guitar that needs a makeover, here's a good start.

Wow, I'm really considering grabbing those to replace the stock middle and neck pickups in my Highway One Strat.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Agreed posted:

Zoom TM-01 Tri Metal ($97) - If you don't know the story, Zoom had a brief run of analog pedals that were really cool. There was a fuzz, a distortion, and this high-gain beast. It's a quite well regarded high-gain pedal with eerily quiet operation, even with gobs of distortion. The control layout is like a Boss Metalzone, but the tone is much better than that much maligned pedal. I've had this for a long time and I hate to get rid of it because they aren't making anymore and they are getting hard to come by, but so be it. This rare fire-breathing behemoth of a high-gain distortion pedal can be yours for $97.

This is an amazing pedal. When Agreed says it's quiet, he's not exaggerating. Even with a single coil it's nearly noiseless. It also packs a whopping amount of gain and is built like a tank.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Wow, I'm really considering grabbing those to replace the stock middle and neck pickups in my Highway One Strat.

Sorry, I think the Lace Gold is sold. If you still want the Duckbucker, let me know.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I've been trying craigslist forever so I might as well try here...

I have two nicely broken in (but great condition) V30s that I'd like to trade for either a pair of Classic Lead 80s or G12T-75s.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

edit: deprecated, see new thread in ML

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 5, 2009

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?
Any Aussie goons interested in a BC Rich Stealth?

This I've only had for a few months now, and playtime on it is very limited. I originally bought one because they're just badass, I had wanted one for a while just to be able to get the tone, and the money and guitar lust was there. But I've cooled to it, quite considerably. I'm finding I like the tone of my Ibanez, and feel better playing that, over this. Which is a pity, because it's a very nice guitar. Ridiculously high gain DiMazzario X2N pickup - it fair screams. Neck-thru constuction, alder body, all that jazz. I'm able to supply a receipt for this if need be. This is still in top condition. There's very light scratching on the body, but the sort of thing I would expect of any used guitar with a high-gloss finish. Hardly noticable except in the perfect light.

Brand new Dean Markley strings on it.

I'll after either probably $950 or so, or a good valve (edit: combo!) amp capable of chunky metal tones (of value to make it a worthwhile trade). Doesn't need to be high wattage. 30W would probably do it. I'd much prefer pickup (I'm able to deliver to Melbourne, or can be picked up from Geelong) over postage - but if a buyer really wants, can organise a courier for it - or I guess something can be worked out.

Also have a Randall RG40R which I can let go for $200 or so - again, receipt included, this is in perfect condition. I won't let go the amp without also selling the guitar, though. If the guitar goes but not the amp, no probs.

Cheers :) PM or post for more details if need be. Or just email me at stygian[at]the-stygian[dot]com .

The Stygian fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 1, 2009

GLC
Feb 21, 2001
1990 Ibanez JEM77FP - $850 (scroll to the bottom to skip the narrative and see the pictures)

This has been my go-to live and recording guitar since I bought it in 1991. I've played probably 250-300 shows with this thing, it's on around two dozen albums and demos, and it's logged a *lot* of hours of rehearsal, lessons, practicing, and just general noodling. That said, I can't play much anymore due to my hands, and I'm looking at yet another move soon. It's time to stop carrying this guy around for sentimental value and sell it on.

If you're not familiar with the JEM, this is one of the archetypal Ibanez guitars from the early 90, a shred-oriented superstrat designed by Steve Vai. The body's basswood, with a bolt-on maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard with 24 extremely jumbo frets (Dunlop 6100). The neck on these isn't quite as thin as the original Wizard neck, it's closer to what became the Wizard 2 on later guitars (~21mm at the 12th fret). Still very thin and comfortable, these late 80s-early 90s necks are one of the things that Ibanez was known for at the time. I dig 'em. The 21st through 24th frets are scalloped, supposedly it helps the sustain. The electronics are original: Two DiMarzio PAF Pro humbuckers and a DiMarzio JEM single coil. I've had a few other pickups in and out over the years, but the originals always seemed to sound "right" so they've stuck around. The sound is very vocal, with a midrange peak that gives a sort of vowel sound.

If the first paragraph didn't make it clear, this guitar has been around, and it has some scars. The original Edge tremolo broke in 1996 or 1997, and was replaced with a Floyd because I had to play a show the next day. I had intended at some point to put another Edge in there to bring it back to factory spec, but the Floyd worked and sounded fine, so I never bothered. I dropped it (never, ever use lovely straps) a few months later, which resulted in three dings on the bottom (visible from the front as well) and a cracked neck. There are also some scratches on the back, and the usual Ibanez wear on the neckplate. I had a refret done around 2000, and the frets have been dressed and cleaned up a few times over the years. All major and most of the minor repairs were done by Paul Flynn, who last I heard was at Truetone Music in Santa Monica, CA. Paul is one of those guys who is always stupidly busy and whose work doesn't come cheap, but he's very, very good at what he does.

The case it's in is the original one (yes, the pink fur is factory stock). It's a bit beat on the outside, but the inside is fine and the combination lock still works, as do both latches. I switched it over to an anvil-style HSC after a few years, so the case has been spared some travel wear compared to the guitar. It's still not likely to pass for mint unless blind.

The best part of this guitar for me, which is shocking given its design and aesthetics, is the versatility. This was my #1 guitar when I was playing in metal bands, but it was also my #1 guitar for several years of jazz bands before I switched to playing Strats and then hollowbodies. In particular, the PAF Pros did a really nice job of cutting through a horn section, it has a very punchy quality that sits well in a crowded arrangement. For recording, I went to this guitar first any time I needed a humbucking sound. Metal, trip-hop, blues, clean-toned funk, all kinds of stuff. I've gotten a few strange looks, and the aesthetics might limit the live potential in certain bands, but the guitar records very well in all kinds of settings.

I want to reiterate: this is a playing guitar, not a collecting guitar. New to excellent condition JEMs show up on Ebay all the time for $1500-2000, so if you want a collectible, go there. I'm not even going to try and tell you this guitar is "like new" or even in "good condition." It's a worn workhorse of an instrument that's been played a ton. It sounds good, plays amazingly, and has never given me any trouble. And it certainly looks unique.

I'm in Las Vegas and I'm happy to do local delivery if you're interested. Beyond that, you tell me where you want it shipped, you pay for it, and I'll ship it.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

GLC posted:

1990 Ibanez JEM77FP - $850 (scroll to the bottom to skip the narrative and see the pictures)
Gorgeous! If it is still around in a month, I'll take it off your hands. In the meantime, I need to unload a few pedals and other gear.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Barge Concepts VFB-2 Custom Pedal - $SOLD$ (pics, review, specs: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7633306#post7633306)

Schatten fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 7, 2009

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
I have an Alesis XT 8 for 320 shipped (U.S) and a Digi 003 rack/ProTools 7.5LE upgrades to 8) up in SA Mart for $840 shipped (U.S.), along with some computer crap if anyone's interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3166015

*I know there's a behringer ultrapatch in the pic. Don't judge me, it's a spare. I have a Neutrik in the lower rack.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

GLC posted:

If you're by any chance on sevenstring.org, post it up there too. I'm certain that somebody will snatch it up quickly. If I had a bit of extra cash, I'd see if you wanted a new Carvin DC 727.

WEIRD BEER
Feb 26, 2005

I've got a Fender AVRI Thin Skin 59 Jazzmaster that I'm wanting to trade or sell, and I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone was interested. This is a limited run guitar from last year. Here's the rundown from the Fender dealer I bought it from(https://www.wildwoodguitars.com)

quote:

Introducing the American Vintage Series "Thin Skin Nitro" Special Lacquer Series

Featuring lightweight bodies, a "Thin Skin" nitrocellulose lacquer finish (just like the Custom Shop does it), and 6105 fret wire, these instruments have all the vintage look and feel you've come to expect from Fender's American Vintage Series, plus the singing sustain and chime you get with taller, wider fret wire and a nitro finish.

It's a very very nice instrument, but it is sadly not getting enough use at the moment so I'm thinking of letting it go. I did upgrade the pickups with hand-wound-to-vintage-spec ones from Curtis Novak and they sound a billion times better, but I will include the original AVRI jazzmaster pickups in case you want to use those too. I also put on a Mastery Bridge. It's a fantastic replacement for the wonky jazzmaster bridge and most of the big Jazzmaster players have one(nels cline, the sonic youth guys, bill frisell).

It's in great condition with one or two dings, but nothing major. It comes with it's OHSC and all of the goods that came with it(bridge cover, leather strap, etc). These sell for 1600 new, so I'm looking to get maybe 1200 or 1300 since I upgraded the pickups and the bridge. I'm also open to trades but I'm mainly looking for something vintage, hollow bodied, and single-coiled.

Pictures:

WEIRD BEER fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 7, 2009

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Shure SM57 with cable - $SOLD$ bucks shipped. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559888

GK 200MB bass combo - $275 bucks shipped. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559885

PS45 pedalboard - $120, would prefer local buyers on this one, otherwise, add $20 for shipping. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-PS45-Professional-Pedalboard?sku=544735#new

A few bucks lower for local people.

Schatten fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 7, 2009

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Schatten posted:

Shure SM57 with cable - $90 bucks shipped. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559888

I'll dibs this if it's not spoken for already.

ScreaminKing
Feb 26, 2002

I was punched in the face. What's your excuse?

acousticbandit posted:

Awesome Jazzmaster

Would you consider selling just the Mastery Bridge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I'm selling my Schecter C-4 because I need the cash and just don't have the room for too many instruments. It plays great and comes with a (mediocre) hard case. Sorry for crappy cell phone pictures. I'm asking $250 shipped, but make me an offer if you're interested!

I'm also selling a Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass 450 watt amp head and an Ashdown 4x10 cabinet. No idea how shipping would work with this, I've never tried to ship something this size, but I'm hoping to get around $250 before shipping for the amp/cab together. Again, make me an offer and I'll see what I can do.

I'm in New Mexico if that makes a difference for pick-up / shipping. If you want to trade something for any of the above, I might be interested, so definitely post. I'm particularly looking for a slightly smaller bass combo amp with DI out, hopefully big enough to play with a drummer but not too inconvenient to lug around.

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 7, 2009