Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Bieeardo posted:

It probably helps a little that the Fursecutors operated on Virtue, which was the self-designated RP server. The average Virtuite has no sense of humour, an extraordinarily strong persecution complex (on account of being gay, furry, a pederast or some combination of the previous), and a predilection toward cybersex.

What the gently caress is a pederast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

homerlaw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw
Edit:ffffffffffffffuck

God this is hilarious

I shall never, ever tire of properly-applied benny hill theme

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Xinlum posted:

What the gently caress is a pederast?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pederast

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Good times with a horse

Does this still work? I would buy this game just to spend a weekend doing this to people.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh yeah, another CoH story, but I think I may have posted this one already:

Perez Park is a large low-level (~4-7 I think) area with lots and lots of mobs for the lowbies to pummel and grind in. We decided to swoop in with a huge (Probably 20-30, if not more) group of 50+ level characters, sweeping through the map and spamming AoE and PBAoE attacks, massacring all the mobs and shouting crap like "FEAR NOT, CITIZENS OF PEREZ PARK! TONIGHT YOU SHALL SLEEP SAFELY IN YOUR BEDS!"

That day, Perez Park was truly the land of pubbie tears and impotent rage.

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

^^^^^^^^^^^
I think that was mentioned earlier in this thread actually. Like anyone can be assed to read through every page.

Virtue is the de-facto roleplay serious business guys server. Me and a couple friends made Oompah Loompahs and went around Virtue sexually harassing people and dry humping them. That was the most fun I've ever had in CoH, which I already enjoy greatly.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....
Lately, my friends and I have taken to griefing L4D. It all started when we realized that voting to restart on survival maps needs to be vetoed in order to be stopped. From then on, we would start the lighthouse map, and immediately start a vote to restart, while simultaneously blowing up all the fuel containers right in front of us, which usually results in the cooking of our erstwhile allies. We would immediately follow up by blowing up the huge stack of propane tanks sitting right besides the spawn point, and start the map by switching the lighthouse's horn on.

The fun part of this is that most people wouldn't realise what had happened, and would then vote to restart a few times, allowing us to do all of this a few more times. Then, people would start freaking out, and try to votekick us. And herein lies the delicious, delicious irony of it all: You can't initiate a vote if another vote is already being tallied. When the map starts, it unleashes a never-ending torrent of zombies, hence the game mode, survival. Since by the time the map had started most of the survivor's supplies had already been explodified by yours truly, people would unfailingly vote to restart, since they didn't have a chance in hell to last any significant amount of time against the horde without them. And so, we could keep people in vote-restart loops for a long, long time. I believe our record was 22 restarts or so. Some people never learn.

The best part of all this is that this one time, some 14 year-old kid realised our ploy, and implored all the other pubbies to vote against our restart, while issuing remarks about my sexual orientation. Of course, being pubbies, they wouldn't listen, and the cycle went on for some time, until everyone had ragequit except him and me. I can only imagine the frustration he felt when he finally got to block my vote, and initiate a votekick against me to be rewarded with a 1-1 draw, since we were the only people left on the server. I saluted his courage by shooting him a few times in the face, and jumping off a ledge to my death. He left after that.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

He butchered the quote buuuut...

WHOOOOOOSH!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It's saying that griefing its self isn't the fun part, it's the over the top reactions by people who take things too seriously. Like you.

He was just saying your post sucked, man. Chill out and stop overreacting.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

The guy was going for a reference to The Big Lebowski.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I remember when Blockland let you have events go on in the server/rooms (I'm sure they still do), and what you could do was make a very subtly hidden block the same color or a dark corner or something, and spawn ping pong balls all over the room. Sometimes admins would make small rooms for them and their friends, and if you knew how to glitch under the floor you could go all Metal Gear Solid stealth in getting the block in there to spawn ping pong balls bouncing around in a very small space. I think I'm going to download that game again...

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

McSpanky posted:

Another great one was the Marvel Lawyers, who basically did the Agent Smith thing but accused everyone of ripping off a Marvel character no matter how slight (or imaginary) their infraction was, then claiming that they'd be deleted and/or sued into oblivion. This was shortly after Marvel tried suing Cryptic because the CoH character creator allowed people to make ripoff costumes, if I recall. If CoH griefing doesn't sound that impressive, it's only because it takes so little to set off the hypersensitive crybabies who apparently make up a large portion of the playerbase.
I remember once seeing a beautiful screenshot of this posted here; does anyone still have it?

QtoZ
Oct 29, 2003

No matter where you go, there you are.
I remember in CoH a few months after Katrina everyone made storm control characters named after various famous hurricanes (and one guy named Tornado) who would follow people around spamming gale on enemies that people were fighting. Gale does very little damage but it knocks npcs back a large distance forcing players to chase large distances to finish off the npc. This caused a lot of anger if I recall.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That day, Perez Park was truly the land of pubbie tears and impotent rage.
I had more fun taking a high level character with a very low-level field AOE in. You can't be hurt, and your always-on AOE does no damage, but you can superjump around the zone and aggro every mob in the park. Then you just train them to the entrance gate, and superjump onto a building. They de-aggro you, and now there are 500 mobs standing in the entrance murdering players before they load.

I was banned for that 3 times.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I had more fun taking a high level character with a very low-level field AOE in. You can't be hurt, and your always-on AOE does no damage, but you can superjump around the zone and aggro every mob in the park. Then you just train them to the entrance gate, and superjump onto a building. They de-aggro you, and now there are 500 mobs standing in the entrance murdering players before they load.

I used to do that.

Were you banned for sending a few level seven characters to the hospital, or were you banned for bragging about it? :colbert: Be honest.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
My ex-roommate and I used to both play on the same 200 person tdm SA-MP server a couple years ago. On this server the main focus of the fighting would be down in the little circular court in grove street where the player lives in the SP game so you'd get about 50 - 75 people down there fighting at once. Usually lots of people using trainers or other cheats would go down there and we got pretty tired of them griefing us with it so we devised a plan to stun lock the cheaters with chainsaws or park cars on top of them so they were unable to continue playing until they re-logged completely or someone else blew us up. When there were no people using HP cheats around we'd just take turns parking cars on everyone else, but since the server had a script that would give you a negative kill and take away your money for killing people that way one person would jump out of the car and wait for the victim to get really low on health before just finishing them with a shotgun or something.

Another fun thing to do was to take helicopters down on the circle and get at ground level before kicking the heli sideways and spinning it out of control so the heli blades would kill anyone not paying attention. Eventually people would shoot the helicopter or it would take enough damage from scraping the ground to start exploding and once it did start to blow it would set off a chain reaction of massive explosions that would pretty much kill anyone in the immediate area instantly. It was good fun.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I used to get teleport friend and flight, fly up about 100 stories above a large group of mobs, summon a pubbie without a travel power and watch them fall in to the group with only 1 health left from the fall.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
One of my first experiences in Independence Port was walking into the science enhancements shop and seeing a Sky Raider flying around at the ceiling and attacking anyone who came in.

Changes to Teleport Foe came fairly soon after that.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Cod4 cheating kid can't stop catching grenades
Playing CoD4 at a friends house. Joined a random server and some kid was cheating pretty blatantly in it. This alone was pretty surprising, since usually it's just people bitching, but tonight I came across someone actually cheating.

Such a deed could not go unpunished.

The map changes and I went to work. Seeing as I was on his team and he had a boner for headshotting everyone from a couple thousand miles away, I would just walk next to him throw a grenade straight up and go into spectate. Around the fifteenth time I did this, he finally started to catch on. Doing this not only lets your grenades kill friendlies with no FF on, but you get credit for the kills. I was killing him pretty much right after he spawned every time. In fact, it was going at such a steady pace, that I was the second highest score in the server just from killing him.

Now, this kid cheating his rear end off began to complain that I was cheating. Of course, despite being on his team I dismissed it as merely being on the other team and being really good with grenades. He bought it... until he died another ten times. Around thirty deaths was when he started to become really suspicious. He reconnected to the server and went into spec and I assume he began to watch me. Upon receiving no response in regard to what 'bot' I was using, he decided to try his luck again and join the other team - which is when the cycle began all over again.

He could barely manage a kill with the non stop flood of grenades raining from the heavens upon him at every turn. If he stopped for so much as a second, chances are he was blowing up. Apparently he became so fed up with the fact that I was out-cheating him that he quit after throwing a fit in chat.

SA:MP RP terrorism

Back when the first SA SA:MP roleplaying server went up, we knew right then and there that it would be perfect for being a dick. Well, we were partially right, to be honest. It was perfect for being a dick, in fact, that was basically the entire purpose of the gameplay; who could suck the most fun out of it for others. Being a cop was a free ticket to ignore common rules and abuse powers. Being an admin on the other hand simply meant banning whoever someone complained about, despite whatever happened in actuality.

It all started out as harmless fun.

On the server, there was numerous gangs, one being the bikers. Luckily for them, they were the first we set our eyes on, especially since bikes were not only useful but they were a fairly weak gang. We would routinely steal their bikes, much to their dismay. However, it doesn't simply end there... the stealing became worse and more pronounced. Soon enough we would steal every single bike in their lot and park it elsewhere. Firefights occasionally broke out between us and them... too bad this usually ended up in them getting slaughtered or us simply getting away and coming back for a strike later. This abuse eventually became so bad that I am fairly certain that they all simply just gave up. From there, it was all down hill.

Shortly after this, we began terrorizing the police force and pretty much anyone we could find. We actually tried to keep it within the rules of the server to prevent bannings, but it didn't always work out so well. Weapons were expensive and it was a lot of work to actually make good money... until I discovered the most gamebreaking exploit the server had ever seen... trying to sell someone a weapon for a negative amount of money. Suddenly, money problems were gone and we had an essentially infinite amount of cash to throw around for whatever we wanted. As a result, from that point on, we always had the finest of weapons and gear.

There was a warning system that police used to give you a bounty of sorts. What usually were petty accidents would almost always turn into absurd battles against the man. Not once would any of us submit to the police - it was death or freedom. Of course, this usually ended up in bounties going through the roof and poo poo hitting the fan... not that it mattered much, since if one of us did get caught, the remaining usually came busting in guns blazing on a murderous rampage to free our partners (or just get revenge). A few times I've had absurd chases involving the entire police force attempting to get me out of the air after a horrible string of events involving tons of killing and hijacking of a plane or helicopter. Of course, they could just pack on warnings for the stupidest poo poo possible over and over and put your character so far in debt you can never hope to play them again, so gently caress them anyway.

Over the course of a month or so, our reign of terror became well known - the BONER squad was on the prowl. Nearing the end was some of our finest moments.

A role-laying event where they went to bury a cop was taking place. Needless to say, we would have none of this. We trailed behind the hearse until it pulled into the cemetery.

At first glance, it would appear to be going perfectly. How wrong they were. It was hilariously well guarded, there was a fuckload of people there, including admins, the FBI, the entire police force, etc. Normally, you'd have to be insane to run in there, but this didn't deter us. In we went, against all odds, guns firing, cars crashing - it was total mayhem. Amazingly, fate was on our side that day and we destroyed our target successfully, despite the amazingly skewed odds. The hearse was in flames and nobody could tell exactly who caused it.

Later in the day, they attempted to play off our sabotage by saying they would send the corpse out to sea by dropping it from a plane. We were ready for it. I had hijacked a plane and was circling the runway while my bros gave me the nitty-gritty on exactly what was going on below. It was my final moment of glory, my time to shine. During takeoff, I crashed into the other plane and everyone died in a horrible, fiery wreck.

Nobody knew who did it. (well, I'm sure it was obvious enough).

slovach fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 29, 2009

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
This thread is so huge and I can't even remember where I saw this video. But it's a Second Life vid of some poetry reading and then some goon goes up to read and does the most hilarious dance/music combination while spurting streams of glorious man-juice into the air. I fail at youtube, cause thats where I saw it, but can't find it.

Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

LLeGGo posted:

This thread is so huge and I can't even remember where I saw this video. But it's a Second Life vid of some poetry reading and then some goon goes up to read and does the most hilarious dance/music combination while spurting streams of glorious man-juice into the air. I fail at youtube, cause thats where I saw it, but can't find it.

Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4JGl2KbHwc

Enjoy. It is glorious.

Edit: It's an erotic poetry reading in Secondlife. It's as bad as it sounds. Then the folks at W-hat, model goons that they are, graciously made their own contributions. From the SL thread.

Rob Rockley fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 29, 2009

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I do enjoy how everyone there was laughing their asses off except the event organizer who was truly outraged

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
In Subspace Death Star Battle there are a few exploits that may still work that cause much grief.

The turret limit is one (at least I still think it is), but there is a trick to get multiple turrets on it. The guy with the turret bumps an asteroid and the split second they bump the asteroids everyone hits 'attach'. Everyone will simultaneously attach, making it possible for 20 people turrets. If every turret is an emp/bomber, this makes for a frustrating enemy. Best to do when a mod isn't around.

If you are using an extremely old crappy modem such as a 28.8, have someone with a good connection 'tap' a wall. The split second before the person 'taps' the wall, attach, and the split second it taps, de-attach. This will cause you to 'lag' through the wall. Makes for an easy access to the 'south' of Death Star Battle, causing a breech that most players will get frustrated wondering where the 'secret' entrance is.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Enemy Territory was my choice of poison for a few years and while it doesn't lend itself to months-of-work-wrecking grieving MMOs we hed to make due with what we had. At the basics, ET is a WW2 shooter set in the European and African theatre featuring standard Axis-vs-Allies crap. Gameplay is objective-based, where the Allies generally try to either blow something up (think Counterstrike bomb), steal something, build something (Engingeers were the building/destroying class) or most ofter a combination of the above. There was a constant ticking spawn timer (30s for defenders, 20s for attackers), when the spawn timer reached 0, everyone that was dead on the team would respawn.

Panzerfaust

Every game needs a noobgun. ET's choice was the Panzerfaust. The Panzer is your rocket launcher, high damage that instantly vaporizes anyone in a 2-meter radius and simply kills or maims anything a little outside it. It takes virtually no skill to kill anyone with a panzer 1 on 1. However, to consitently get 2-3 man kills you would of course need a good sense of battle awareness.

As you might guess, people go absolutely irate when hit with a rocket to the face. Couple that with it being impossible to kick someone on the opposite team made for very funny pubbie-punching.

If you had a buddy with you, you could quite easily take out a group on enemies that just spawned; your mate would blok the most used exit from the enemies spawn point. In the time it takes for them to figure out what is going on and kill the poor blocker there would be a rocket sending them back to limbo for 30 seconds. People got irrationally angry over this.

Furthermore, there is a small charge time on firing your superweapon, indicated by an annoying high pitched sound audible to all. Not everyone knew however that if you charged your shot and then hold on of the lean buttons that it would cancel the shot but still make the sound. Few things are more satisfying than jumping from behind a corner with a bazooka in your teammates face. The sound would play and a confused noob would quickly empty his magazine in your head, teamkilling you and giving you a reason to votekick.

Pushing

Before the ability to push was implemented, you could always ruin games by blocking doorways and the like. But only after you gained the ability to push your teammates around did the real fun start. Push your teammate snipers of high platforms to their death at 30s spawn timer (of which you did NOT get the blame), take two friends and keep some poor sod in the spawn permanently. Push someone in your own airstrike, artillery fire, panzer rocket etc. The possibilities were endless.

Standard teamkilling/teambleeding

ET only allowed someone to punish you if you teamkilled them. That is to say, landed the last blow, there was no repercussion whatsoever to damaging them. With that said, a single knife to the back dropped your health to the 1-shot-kill zone. I'll let you figure out the rest.

Double Dynamite

To complete an objective, something usually had to be blown up along the way. Allied Engineers could place dynamite with a 30s timer to destroy objectives. For some reason, the game developers did not think it was necessary to prevent dynamites from being diffused by teammates. So if your teammate planted a critical dynamite, there was NOTHING to stop a fellow engineer from diffusing the original dynamite and planting it's own. This was roughly the most rage-inducing thing you could do to a pubbie.

Pro servers

There were 3 popular servers where the cool kids hang out; Scandinavian efterlyst, Brittish BioWar and Dutch fdnl. This is where the people of medium skill (read; those who take themselves way too seriously) played. Doing anything of the above was a guaranteed poo poo-storm.

Demoralizing new clans

A little context is required; I played in a pretty serious European clan. We were never top-of-the-line-good because our teamwork was lousy, but we had individually high skilled players often representing our countries team in the so called NationCup. This meant of course that we could completely and utterly annihalate most clans and curbstomp pubbies. Despite that, if we could not find an opponent on IRC we would respond to a team looking for a low-skilled opponent and then half-arse goof around keeping them locked in their own spawn for 30 minutes. Sometimes they would leave, but most often they would stay and try their luck (and fail) on the map of their own choice.

Polish Power

A variation on the above. We would take names like dmitri.pl and polishwarkiller.pl, pretend we were a clan and play matches. However, we would play things like 2v2 or 3v3 in which explosive weapons were forbidden (standard match format was 6v6). Of course we would use mines, grenade launchers and all that stuff while complimenting our fine Polish explosive craftsmanship. Of course this would trigger immense amounts of lingering racism/shittalking.

I've never understood why people didn't just leave. Apparently sometimes they are just very dedicated to protect their e-cred against fake Polish internet strangers.

Divil and Preacher

A server we used to frequent was owned by real life friends of mine, the DD-clan. For some reason this server attracted the most unskilled players of the entire internet. Especially weird characters were Divil and Preacher. To give an idea of the persons involved; Preacher was a middle-aged man spending all his time playing ET and running a roleplaying forum. Divil was a middle-aged mom spending all her time playing ET and attending said roleplaying forum.

Divil was a terrible player and would throw fantasti rants all over teamspeak and the DD forums whenever we decided to constantly keep killing her.

Preacher somehow made it in to the DD team and because he was on ALL THE TIME they decided to make him a server referee (like a moderator, can kick/mute players, change the map etc. but not change hard server configurations). Now Preacher didn't like us. Mostly because we kept picking on Divil but also because he was a pathetic loser and we kept repeating that.

Now the command to log in as a referee was to type /ref [password] in the console. the / is important, without it you would simply say 'ref [password]' in global chat. So much to our surprise we were one day pissing Preacher off when we saw;

Preacher: ref cola

Within a few seconds we had all logged in as a referee. This made you immune against other referees. This really, really pissed Preacher off and he went on a never before encountered tirade screaming for our bans on the forums. The admin tought Preacher was being a big baby, changed the ref password and told Preacher to deal with it. Unfortunately this lead to Preacher ragequitting the clan.

BERTing

Once every while we would take a group of 3-8 players and invade a public clan server. Important was that a few of the clan members would be playing. Then we would all steal their tag and change our name to something with 'Bert' in it. Say there was a clan called [SA], we would quickly become [SA]BertGod, [SA]BertLord, [SA]Bertman etc. and then pray that the admin was offline.

Four out of five times he was indeed unavailable. This gave us free reign to spam our Bert-binds (things like "BERT only cooks with BERTolli!!!!111!!"), call the geniuine clan members fakers and recruit random people on the server. Not surprisingly, people raged defending their e-honour.

DOTA

But honestly, even the worst responses in ET are pretty much a normal game of DOTA. People take themselves no immensely serious it is extremely easy to troll. Just say 'lol u suck' to someone after dying and there is a 50/50 chance you can get 30 minutes of name calling. It is really incredible. I'll see if I can make some chat collages in the future.

This was a long piece of text, I hope I didn't bore anyone to seriously :(

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I still have my WarCraft 3 discs. Is it worth re-installing just to go into DotA games and play horribly?

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

I still have my WarCraft 3 discs. Is it worth re-installing just to go into DotA games and play horribly?

Only if you play it with someone you know. Else the game will destroy you. And it won't be very fun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Namarrgon posted:

Only if you play it with someone you know. Else the game will destroy you. And it won't be very fun.
No I mean I want to intentionally play badly and watch my team flame out as we lose. I played once years ago and got stuck with a lovely hero at random, then got yelled at when I kept dying.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

No I mean I want to intentionally play badly and watch my team flame out as we lose. I played once years ago and got stuck with a lovely hero at random, then got yelled at when I kept dying.

Well seeing as you already have the discs and the DOTA map is free, just join a game, talk in chat how you are a master at it and blame everything else when you die (e.g.; your hero, lag, your teammate, your enemy's obviously overpowered heroes, your lane choice or just scream LUCKER!). Be sure to correct everyone's spelling as well and call them retarded.

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD
This is pure brilliance.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

I Love You! posted:

I do enjoy how everyone there was laughing their asses off except the event organizer who was truly outraged

The best part is the running dialogue at the bottom.

If you can't read it, they're all praising it as high art and dissecting its meaning and inspirations. They practically riot when she kicks him off the stage.

I've never played 2nd Life. Is this a restricted adult area or something? I had no idea the game supported prancing around nude ejaculating gallons into the air.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nibbles the Shark posted:

Enjoy. It is glorious.

Edit: It's an erotic poetry reading in Secondlife. It's as bad as it sounds. Then the folks at W-hat, model goons that they are, graciously made their own contributions. From the SL thread.

Been lurking this thread, but I had to post just to say this video had me laughing harder than I have in weeks. Maybe months.

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Avasculous posted:

I had no idea the game supported prancing around nude ejaculating gallons into the air.

MY GOD MAN, do you know anything about Second Life?? It's all about prancing around nude and ejaculating gallons.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.

My hero, that is you good sir.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
(poo poo, did I tell this story before? This thread's old and long and my memory's worse.)

In the very early days of CoH (this might have been open beta even) there was one fellow who created an all-white character called The Eternal Statue and he would stand in the salute pose near the top of one of the stairs in Atlas Park near Atlas himself. This was before they'd implemented idle timeouts in the game, so he was constantly connected, day and night, in that salute pose. Never said a word or moved or anything.

Until a gang of players realized that they could nudge him around by running into him repeatedly. He only moved a teeny tiny bit when you ran into him, but he moved nonetheless. Over the course of one night they managed to push him down all the stairs in Atlas Park and into the grassy area where the low-level Hellions hang out. The poor Eternal Statue was so busy being a statue that he had never bothered to level up, and the Hellions made short work of him while he stood there saluting.

We never saw him again except for one super awesome serious business ragequit post on the forums that was more whinequit than ragequit, but whatever. A little while later, idle timeouts were introduced. No more statues.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aerobic Robot posted:

This is pure brilliance.

That had me crying laughing at my desk. I think I would've had a heart attack had I stumbled into that map by accident, that was loving glorious

I swear I griefed that "Gears of War 2" kid that comes in around the 4 minute mark. I remember that voice screaming at me for being a combat medic and not BEING A TEAM PLAYER [then again, he does have that generic whiny 12 year old voice]

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

Avasculous posted:

The best part is the running dialogue at the bottom.

If you can't read it, they're all praising it as high art and dissecting its meaning and inspirations. They practically riot when she kicks him off the stage.

I've never played 2nd Life. Is this a restricted adult area or something? I had no idea the game supported prancing around nude ejaculating gallons into the air.

Yes, that is absolutely typical and mundane in Secondlife. It's just the timing and placement.

People are free to run around having gay furry cybersex pretty much everywhere. The company running it recently has been trying to make an adults-only section, so that everyone who is not age verified or doesn't want to see it doesn't have to deal with it. This caused protests against the alleged infringement of their God-given right to wave their realistic donkey-dicks in everyone's face. Not sure if they carried it out or not.

Secondlife exemplifies the problem with the internet. Say that there's this guy Joe, and Joe is messed up. He's got a weird issue for which society would shun him. Thankfully, Joe's only 1 in 10,000 people, meaning his predilection will likely never be allowed to surface, and never come to harm anyone. In the real world, he will probably never meet anyone else to validate or encourage his problem. Then he finds the internet. Now Joe is among 600,000 like-minded individuals. He never has to deal with any normal person for the rest of his life! Then Chris Hansen has him arrested.

Secondlife is this [:nws:] problem. Times a thousand. You don't grief SL. It griefs humanity.
\/
:goonsay:

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Aerobic Robot posted:

This is pure brilliance.

This is really, really funny. I loved the part at the end where you can hear a scout dying off screen and then you see his scattergun flying across a picture of Uncle Phil's grinning crazy face.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

(poo poo, did I tell this story before? This thread's old and long and my memory's worse.)

In the very early days of CoH (this might have been open beta even) there was one fellow who created an all-white character called The Eternal Statue and he would stand in the salute pose near the top of one of the stairs in Atlas Park near Atlas himself. This was before they'd implemented idle timeouts in the game, so he was constantly connected, day and night, in that salute pose. Never said a word or moved or anything.

Until a gang of players realized that they could nudge him around by running into him repeatedly. He only moved a teeny tiny bit when you ran into him, but he moved nonetheless. Over the course of one night they managed to push him down all the stairs in Atlas Park and into the grassy area where the low-level Hellions hang out. The poor Eternal Statue was so busy being a statue that he had never bothered to level up, and the Hellions made short work of him while he stood there saluting.

We never saw him again except for one super awesome serious business ragequit post on the forums that was more whinequit than ragequit, but whatever. A little while later, idle timeouts were introduced. No more statues.

I remember him. I always wondered where he'd gone

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Nibbles the Shark posted:

Enjoy. It is glorious.

I actually have terrible cramping in my sides and dried tears stuck to my face after watching that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Aerobic Robot posted:

This is pure brilliance.

Not available in your country due to copyright restrictions :(

• Locked thread