Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enjoy Everything
Apr 3, 2007

YANDA STOLE
THE SPRING TITLE

Giganticus posted:

There's currently an unassigned glitch in TF2 for griefing.

Pick up the intel on a CTF map, type "jointeam unassigned" in console. Congrats, you are now a spectator with the intelligence!

Feel free to place yourself somewhere just out of reach behind a noclip line so your team valiantly attempts to rocket jump or sticky jump to it, or hide in plain sight slowly rotating and then suddenly fly up into the air as someone gets close. Of course overtime will never end like this so with 2 people you can doom a server to 2fort forever.

Alternatively you can spectate people, and if you do this in first person it will look like the person you're spectating has the intelligence so his team will all shout at him.

And lastly if you just want to end 2fort really fast, grab the intel, hit the bind very quickly, then fly over to your team's capture point and press l next to it so you drop the intelligence in a very easy to capture point for your team.

Doing this right the hell now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
That unassigned glitch just made my afternoon. I had an entire pack of Pyros chasing me around the map shouting over voice chat at each other trying to figure out what was going on.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

The best thing to do is get the intel and find a Spy who is serious and thinks he is CAL. Just spectate him with it, anytime he cloaks the intel gives him away.

They go insane with rage, I almost had a guy crying because of the intel giving him away and costing him kills.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
hahahahaha yeah this is getting patched but it's fun

Enjoy Everything
Apr 3, 2007

YANDA STOLE
THE SPRING TITLE
"WE GOT OURSELVES A HACKER"

Yep. :3:

Took me fifteen minutes to get that drat intel through the turtling though, a camping engineer almost ruined my fun. :smith:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Ok stealing intel is amazing, but i would REALLY like to be able to join the neutral team and kick rear end. Oh well.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I just tried the intel thing. Me and a friend are gonna be in different teams and controlling both intels so neither team would win. Didn't have too many angry responses yet so far though. Just scouts trying to catch me and an admin kicking me out.

Gonna try the intel at original location then flying away at last second, sounds hilarious.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Sanctum posted:

ISS lasted something silly like 2 weeks before crumbling to goonfleet, no idea what happened to all the 'investors' when the alliance suddenly disappeared. God I loved playing EVE.

Er, ISS were around for a long time, much more than two weeks. I bought ISSO stock when it was first being issued, made something like 200% roughly on the initial investment. When they folded I think part of the liquidation assets were sold to some third party, who stockholders could exchange stock for to get a limited return, which went on for some time too.

Also as to why people put their money in banks, at a certain point you just hit a hard limit on how much time you're willing to spend to make isk(Crazy Jita margin traders excluded). There are much better investments than eve-bank but it's better than just letting the isk sit around in the wallet, and it's far more trustworthy than the previous bank, the fact that they survived this top-level defection can attest to it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You guys had better be recording all this stuff. I want to hear these people crying.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Vib Rib posted:

You guys had better be recording all this stuff. I want to hear these people crying.

While it doesn't have any actual annoying of people, there is already a video put up showing how it works:

Team Furtress 2

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
This is loving hilarious.

Edit: Now please take some great video of it!

BiscuitErsedRenton fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 5, 2009

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

This is loving hilarious.

Edit: Now please take some great video of it!

I played as the sentry-gun-intel for a while, confusing engies and scouts galore. They'd all crowd around the sentry not understanding why it had its own floating flag. Eventually, someone would blow up the gun and I'd hit space to teleport away in search of a new SG to haunt. Good times :)

asylum years
Feb 27, 2009

you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
It's already been illustrated in this thread how HellMOO can be a vehicle for the mass production of sweet-tasting tears, dramabombs, and hilarity. Yesterday was a particularly good day:

http://pastebin.com/f2df9fc39

In a post-apocalyptic setting, one of the best things you can do is not only roleplay, but roleplay as a halfling rogue seeking gold and riches.

Some people do not like it.

I was jailed in-game and then pardoned by the admins, but I was wanted in the apartment complex so I couldn't go back. After posting the log in the HellMOO thread, others joined in, and for hours I got messages like this:

quote:

From your wristpad: Torn pages, 'YOU SENT OTHER PEOPLE HERE. NOW WEVE GOT SOME BITCH WHOS CALLING ME A 35 YEAR OLD TRUCKER.'

There are simply too many options. You should give it a try.

Oh, and a special bonus log, in which someone crashed a bike in an apartment building and didn't lock it:

http://pastebin.com/f3cdcb283

I have dozens of logs like this.

asylum years fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 5, 2009

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think my favorite instance of personal griefing was in Planetside, but honestly it was more about revenge.

My small clan and I (about 4 people) were asking for a pickup in our ANT to help out refueling another base from a clan Galaxy. Their response was to laugh at and land on us, causing us to explode and killing my whole group.

What's that you say? That's being griefed, not griefing? Well, it's what came next that changes that.

The first thing I do upon respawning in our friendly base is to haul rear end with the speed module, straight to the gun turret on the tower. Just as their whole clan packs in to the Galaxy and starts to take off, I unload into it. By the time they realize what's happening, they fire a few stray shots and someone types WE'RE DEAD and they all begin to haphazardly eject right before the plane explodes, killing every single one of them, including the guys trying to air drop a vehicle out of the back.

Moments later I spawn in a Delieverer, get my team onboard and book it before they can escalate the situation.

-

Well that and we tried (sadly, with too few a numbers to successfully finish the job) to do one thing near the end of Planetside's life: Making the day that Neutral (Aka nobody) won. You see, bases that did not have power would become neutral, and there was always a small percentage of them in the game. Our objective was to go around blowing all the reactors we could with no plans of actual conquest for one entire day, in order to make all the factions loose.

If we had maybe 10 more people we could have done it, as it stands we only knocked out a continent or two.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Sardonik posted:

Er, ISS were around for a long time, much more than two weeks. I bought ISSO stock when it was first being issued, made something like 200% roughly on the initial investment. When they folded I think part of the liquidation assets were sold to some third party, who stockholders could exchange stock for to get a limited return, which went on for some time too.
I said ISS lasted like 2 weeks after goonfleet found out they were paying off LV to not attack them. ISS had to learn the hard way that you can't be a truly neutral entity in 0.0 space.

So anyway that TF2 glitch, got insta-banned from the first server I tried it on. The next two had protections and just warned me not to attempt it again. And I had no idea people play on 24/7 2fort servers just to lockdown the intel room with sentry guns, but took me like 10 minutes on each server. :argh:

e: Ok this is loving hilarious. I had two pyros trying to chase the intel floating, every time they got near I shot up and cannonballed back down. I had them trying to predict where I'd land.

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 5, 2009

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

asylum years' HellMOO log posted:

67. Charlatan puts away his robe and wizard hat.

:golfclap:
You, sir, are a master.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Enjoy Everything posted:

Doing this right the hell now.

Was alright for a glitch. The flare glitch was 100x more fun. It's hard enough to get the intelligence so if you pull this off you deserve it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

floor is lava posted:

Was alright for a glitch. The flare glitch was 100x more fun. It's hard enough to get the intelligence so if you pull this off you deserve it.
I love how the sniper is totally oblivious. gently caress 2fort.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shumagorath posted:

I love how the sniper is totally oblivious. gently caress 2fort.

I had about the entire team following me around. After a while i started to gently caress with the snipers by moving back and forth in front of them.

Isko
May 20, 2008
I tried out the tf2 glitch myself with some pretty good results, although it took me a while to find a server where it worked and where I could get to the intel. Once I got it I did the glitch and started appearing in random places and moving around a bit but no one was saying anything for a full 5 minutes or so. I started following a pyro and he was the first to finally mention me in chat, which was immediately followed by 5 others saying "I thought it was just me" and "You see it too?" and etc. I then proceeded to follow people from the team's intel I had, and a lot of them thought it was funny for a while; one guy even said I was his favorite intel.

Enjoy Everything
Apr 3, 2007

YANDA STOLE
THE SPRING TITLE
People are just seeing that I swapped to team unassigned, calling it out and kicking me. :smith:

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

asylum years posted:

It's already been illustrated in this thread how HellMOO can be a vehicle for the mass production of sweet-tasting tears, dramabombs, and hilarity. Yesterday was a particularly good day:

Like trailer trash trying to defend cockroaches from the exterminator. Very funny, and a nice tie in on the wizard hat/robe.

asylum years posted:

Oh, and a special bonus log, in which someone crashed a bike in an apartment building and didn't lock it:

http://pastebin.com/f3cdcb283
That was awesomely imaginative; I keep resisting HellMOO, but it all sounds right up my alley.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Enjoy Everything posted:

People are just seeing that I swapped to team unassigned, calling it out and kicking me. :smith:

I've just been masking it with something like "oh poo poo kid just got hit by the ice cream truck, brb spec" or something and it seems to be convincing enough.

Can I plant this poo poo in this skybox for GIANT INTELLIGENCE UFO?

I've just been slowly shifting from spot to spot when nobody is looking. I had a bunch of people on an easter egg hunt around the base.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
That works so well, ahhaha.

asylum years
Feb 27, 2009

you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up

Kelson posted:

Like trailer trash trying to defend cockroaches from the exterminator. Very funny, and a nice tie in on the wizard hat/robe.

Thanks. That's an actual in-game item that I forgot I was wearing. I had to remove all clothing to use my e-penis on her.

quote:

That was awesomely imaginative; I keep resisting HellMOO, but it all sounds right up my alley.

If you're creative, it is a lovely canvas upon which to paint confusion and discord.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Having an accomplice makes it 10 times better, especially if it's on a server with no capture or time limit. Luckily for us they thought it was the admins, and since we changed our names to " " noone would know who it was anyway.

Another awesome thing you can do is land where the intel normally is, and then jump right as the scout or whoever tries and picks you up. As soon as theyve moved off the table, go back to where you originally were. Say that you're some sort of advanced defense mechanism of the intel and a code must be entered to stop you from moving.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace
I emailed robin walker about this bug last week, he said its getting fixed in the next patch. Enjoy it while you can I guess.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

Parabellum posted:

I emailed robin walker about this bug last week, he said its getting fixed in the next patch. Enjoy it while you can I guess.

You're no fun.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Parabellum posted:

Way to go, slugger.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Parabellum posted:

Why?

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Trainmonk posted:

Why?

I'd assume because it's about to start getting to the point where it was as entertaining as three pages of people posting pics of flares stuck in walls and going 'Hey guys this is so hilarious!'

On topic: For my own personal griefing stories, I once made a villain in a one-shot D&D game, who was basically Rick Astley. Though I got punched (just a playful punch, not an 'I am hurting you' punch.) for it, once they realized it.

vvv (Not so much a brag as trying to stay on topic, is all. It was the first thing I could think of.)

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 5, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I enjoy that you put down an exploit that provides a bizarre, lateral shift in a game that confuses the hell out of people for being overdone, then brag about making a Rick Astley reference.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dr. Not A Doctor posted:

I'd assume because it's about to start getting to the point where it was as entertaining as three pages of people posting pics of flares stuck in walls and going 'Hey guys this is so hilarious!'

Oh well in that case yes you are totally cool and hip for pissing in peoples cornflakes :smug:

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

asylum years posted:

In a post-apocalyptic setting, one of the best things you can do is not only roleplay, but roleplay as a halfling rogue seeking gold and riches.

"babe please"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dr. Not A Doctor posted:

On topic: For my own personal griefing stories, I once made a villain in a one-shot D&D game, who was basically Rick Astley.
Explain.

GoldenDelicious
Feb 20, 2008

One A Day.
I'm assuming he made a lovely DMPC Bard that sang Never Gonna Give You Up or something equally stupid. Besides, there's already two threads in Trad Games Discussion for roleplaying stories; why move them out to here? Griefing your friends is really subpar and dickish in the bad way compared to random people in video games.

As far as contributing, I've found that it's infinitely more satisfying in Worms 2 for the 360 to join team games then waste all your Girders and Bridge Kits creating thick barriers around your ally and claiming to be playing the "impenetrable fortress maneuver" than to do the old prod-off-the-edge poo poo.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If you want to make people mad with the intel glitch: camp a sniper's FOV. There are always like 2+ guys having sniper duels on the 2fort battlements, it's easy to piss them off.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Parabellum posted:

This is an excellent story about griefing this thread.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Trainmonk posted:

Why?

Well it's pretty hilarious and I'm going to at least try it once before it's patched, but once everyone knows how to do it then it quicky becomes REALLY ANNOYING. Granted I hate 2Fort and CTF in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy Everything
Apr 3, 2007

YANDA STOLE
THE SPRING TITLE

Slowpoke! posted:

Well it's pretty hilarious and I'm going to at least try it once before it's patched, but once everyone knows how to do it then it quicky becomes REALLY ANNOYING. Granted I hate 2Fort and CTF in general.

Knowledge of it is spreading like wildfire, lots of admins already know all about it. Some don't, but too many do. :smith:

• Locked thread