Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

The Third Man posted:

Sounds like people who play CoH are fantastic pussies and easily trolled.

Eeeeehhh... I find his experiences unconvincing.

I mean, yeah, they are, don't get me wrong. You can get them hideously riled up without much effort. But in the PvP zones, no one expects to play nice RP buddy buddy, even on the Virtue (RP) server. Mostly the circlejerkers hang out in the non-combat zone, the Dance Party Who's Name I've Forgotten Because I Never Went.

Also, everyone but the most tremendously moronic stays the gently caress away from the opposing team's sentry robots. It's like these (supposed) guys were TRYING to get sentry-zapped.

edit: I suppose it's plausible he found a bunch of duelists to grief? They're a famously over excitable bunch of idiots who take their fights super seriously--but that just raises the question, why weren't they in the arena system, participating in private fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

The Third Man posted:

The vast majority of them are, especially on the Virtue sever, which has been unofficially declared the pure Role Playing sever. (Tons of anime and furry freaks.) The CoH goon population hangs out on Protector and Victory, and only go to Virtue for greifing expeditions.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!

The Third Man posted:

CoH pubbies get about as butthurt as EVE pubbies, sometimes more.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
I think writing and publishing a thesis paper, without changing any of the player names, is an AWESOME form of griefing. Anyone in that paper is suspectible to PMs and taunting for as long as the paper's read and they play CoH.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
That guy has some epic-level BSing going on. "After deliberately antagonizing everyone for an extended period, I found that I was increasingly ostracized. This was regrettable circumstance of persecution for not following the norms of their social group, and not in any way an attempt at retribution for my own intentional provocation."

So the next time someone complains about being griefed, remember, their complaints are merely a manifestation of their own bigotry. You should lecture them about the need to accept the ways of other gaming cultures.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Gabriel Pope posted:

That guy has some epic-level BSing going on. "After deliberately antagonizing everyone for an extended period, I found that I was increasingly ostracized. This was regrettable circumstance of persecution for not following the norms of their social group, and not in any way an attempt at retribution for my own intentional provocation."

So the next time someone complains about being griefed, remember, their complaints are merely a manifestation of their own bigotry. You should lecture them about the need to accept the ways of other gaming cultures.
Uhm correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he just playing a hero character and attacking villain characters in a specified combat arena where heroes and villains are supposed to fight each other. I thought the crazy thing about the whole story is that other players call it griefing and get so incredibly worked up about someone that just wants to fight superheros with his superhero... in the designated superhero fighting area.

I mean what's the point of making a superhero if you never fight other superheros?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sanctum posted:

Uhm correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he just playing a hero character and attacking villain characters in a specified combat arena where heroes and villains are supposed to fight each other. I thought the crazy thing about the whole story is that other players call it griefing and get so incredibly worked up about someone that just wants to fight superheros with his superhero... in the designated superhero fighting area.

I mean what's the point of making a superhero if you never fight other superheros?

To dress up in tights and play fancy-nancy.

I mean, I played CoX for a bit and some of the people who populate that game are astonishing.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Also, everyone but the most tremendously moronic stays the gently caress away from the opposing team's sentry robots. It's like these (supposed) guys were TRYING to get sentry-zapped.
Couldn't you get a poo poo ton of range increase to make that a moot point? It's a bit of theorycrafting, sure, but isn't that kind of build possible?

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

that guy posted:

As part of his experiment, Myers decided to play the game by the designers' rules -- disregarding any customs set by the players. His character soon became very unpopular.

that guy posted:

"If you aren't a member of the tribe, you get whacked with a stick," he said. "I look at social groups with dismay."
:cry: :cry: groups of people develop codes of behavior that supersede those set by nominal authority figures :cry: this pisses me off because I'm a sociopath :cry: and I think fundamental human nature should be exactly whatever arbitrary poo poo sounds good to me :cry: :cry: even though my ideas are poorly thought out and we would all get involved in crazy cults and die if we lived that way:cry:

McNerd fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 8, 2009

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On the note of that COH trolling, D. Myers is my professor who I just finished a class with involving that concept. The trolling in that is 100% true and he has the chatlogs to back it up. For the class we attended with him we all set up character accounts and had to get "responses" from other players negative or positive.

For my own part I played a healer who shirked responsibility constantly. I ended up roleplaying as the libertarian thinker Hayek and therefore wouldn't do anything unless I got paid.

If anyone wants more details on what he did specfically in game I'd be happy to help.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Most people I play with do annoying poo poo like he did. It's nothing new, and it's been going on since the internet was discovered by Bono(Sonny, not U2). Maybe we should write a book. Then again, I don't use video games as a template for social studies.

His "findings" aren't really anything that any internet savvy geekwad doesn't already know.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
^^Despite the problems I have with the study, "everyone already knows it" is never a valid reason to not do a study on anything.

Here's my question, since you can't receive PMs:

I've only skimmed the paper, I'll read it later, but I've always felt that sociology is sometimes a soft enough science that you could cushion re-entering spacecraft with it. This study didn't seem very rigorous or controlled (I understand sociology can't be as controlled as other sciences, but still). I hope I'll understand better when I read it in-depth but the findings don't seem very significant or generalizable.

Did he ever say if he did/didn't try the same character/powerset/concept on different servers in the same map? And if so or not, why? Were any ethograms used to code the behavior he observed?

Overall, what was the lesson he was trying to teach in that class where he made you guys troll the other players?'

edit: also I promise this'll be the only post I have along these lines because I don't want to derail.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 8, 2009

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

His "findings" aren't really anything that any internet savvy geekwad doesn't already know.

This is definitely true, however, there aren't a lot of books on the subject matter. Specifically, there isn't really any work on why exactly somethings bother players more than others, what can be done to prevent those things, etc. Additionally many of the things which bothered players in his work were part of the game, the stated objectives in fact. There is very little material on how social order and social enforcement is maintained in virtual environments.

Son of a Thunderbeast: I would agree sociology is pretty loose, I have two parents who have PhDs in the field which is why I have no interest in going into it. For the "main" server he ran multiple iterations of the character, some totally distinct and some being slight name change variations. He then did similar and less intense work on other servers as the main focus shifted to the specific community of that server.

In trolling other players we weren't necessarily supposed to do that. We were given free rain to interact with other players in any manner we wished. I actually focused on how one aquires or loses player assistance. What he wanted us to focus on was how and why players would respond to us; how, why, and if the players had separations between the real world and the virtual world; and what sort of relationships people formed in and or out of game.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 8, 2009

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Barudak posted:

and what sort of relationships people formed in and or out of game.

So how many cyber sessions did you guys participate in?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

McSpanky posted:

So how many cyber sessions did you guys participate in?

None, there is a reason second life was covered quickly and in passing. I don't think anybody had the gumption to try and solicit sex out of other players. The closest I can come up with is when I followed another player around calling her mommy until she/he/it told other players I was indeed their child.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

McNerd posted:

:cry: :cry: groups of people develop codes of behavior that supersede those set by nominal authority figures :cry: this pisses me off because I'm a sociopath :cry: and I think fundamental human nature should be exactly whatever arbitrary poo poo sounds good to me :cry: :cry: even though my ideas are poorly thought out and we would all get involved in crazy cults and die if we lived that way:cry:

He was doing a study. There was no crying involved. Chill out bro.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Spiffo posted:

But he did say:
"If you aren't a member of the tribe, you get whacked with a stick... I look at social groups with dismay."

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Spiffo posted:

I didn't expect one of his students to come in and things to turn all serious and Games posters to read a 25-page paper. Nevertheless my points stand, if you actually look at them. His tone is decidedly bleak. He thinks he's discovered something ugly about human nature that makes our societies naturally trend away from perfection, if perfection exists. His argument is flawed.

quote:

If either natural or system laws governing social order in the real world are in any way analogous to the game rules of the CoH/V virtual world, we can conclude that social orders in general are more likely to deny than reveal these laws. It is only through so-called aberrations or “deviant” behavior – in Twixt’s case, breaching play -- that system rules, mechanics, and laws can be made evident and applied most indiscriminately within an entrenched and self-sustaining social order.

Why should I believe the "game rules" are comparable to "natural law" as it might exist in the real world? Should players ignore their certain knowledge that the game universe and its rules were "created" by fallible humans? I put "created" in quotes because actually their fellow players are intended to help shape the universe, this being the whole point of an MMO. (And, one might argue, also the point of real life, but there's no need to get into that!)

If players acknowledge the programmers' humanity, then all they're doing is setting their own social norms in opposition to those of an authority figure, and enforcing them through the very limited means they posess. I could write an article praising their spirit of democracy and self-determination in the face of tyranny. Of course that wouldn't make sense either because they're all 12-year-olds and their decisions have nothing significant to do with their life/liberty/pursuit of happiness/what have you, so these natural rights (which form the cornerstone of modern democracy and some prominent schools of ethics) don't apply to the game. And the authority figure doesn't care what you do because you pay him for the privilege of existing. And everybody knows these things so they act in bizarre ways because their actions have no consequences.

This is asinine and doesn't parallel the real world no matter how you slice it: certainly not the way the researcher sliced it. Sorry Barudak.

McNerd fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 8, 2009

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

McNerd posted:

I didn't expect one of his students to come in and things to turn all serious and Games posters to read a 25-page paper. Nevertheless my points stand, if you actually look at them. His tone is decidedly bleak. He thinks he's discovered something ugly about human nature that makes our societies naturally trend away from perfection, if perfection exists. His argument is flawed.
His argument is jaded, but not flawed. Tribalism/Nationalism/etc are fairly well researched, and their effects can be seen at all levels of society. Going into a game pretending to be motherfucking Gorillas in the Mist is absurd at least from one viewpoint, however it does back up his theory as far as he tells it.

I still get some goofy british-accent narrator in my head trying to read his poo poo, and I start envisioning The Far Side comics and snickering every time of think of this dude going into cyberspace, disguised as a native.

"I've come a long way in my journeys through the Vales of Stranglethorn dodging enormous raptors and fighting off hungry crocolisks. However I believe that I may have finally found a gold farmer in its native habitat! Let us see if we can communicate with it!

Ni hao Happybaby! Happybaby Ni hao! <(*-*)> "

:stalker:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 8, 2009

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Totally tempted to resub and be a researcher that stalks other players.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

His argument is jaded, but not flawed. Tribalism/Nationalism/etc are fairly well researched, and their effects can be seen at all levels of society. Going into a game pretending to be motherfucking Gorillas in the Mist is absurd at least from one viewpoint, however it does back up his theory as far as he tells it.

The problem is that his argument seems to put more emphasis on the game's predefined rules and objectives versus any social consensus among players about how their multi-player group activity should be played, rather than the conflict between the player group's ingrained social norms versus his outside perspective. The paper describes only the most minimal attempts at building consensus for the type of game he wanted to play; we don't get many glimpses into Twixt's attempts at social interaction, but mostly they demonstrate Twixt's willful refusal to even acknowledge that other players have different opinions about how they want to play. No "hey guys let's fight" or "c'mon can't we just have a big PvP match here for once", just "Good job heroes" and "Vills lose again" when he wins at an objective that no one else is interested in playing for.

The other players who analyzed Twixt through the lens of social disorders were spot on: Twixt persistently engaged others in a social group activity, then proceeded to willfully ignore the opinions of everyone else involved despite knowing full well that they did not wish to play the game the way he wanted it to be played. At best he falls back on But It's In The Ruuuuules Guuuuuuys, taking the other players' presence as their tacit acceptance of the game's stated goals in spite of their protests to the contrary. Granted, there is some merit to "if you don't like it then don't play it", but when there are no real alternatives available then this argument more or less boils down to "if you don't like it then gently caress you"; unless there's another version of the zone that's more PvE-centric/pure dueling as opposed to mixed PvE and PvP, other players don't have much recourse.

This could be interesting in what it might tell us about how social groups might react to genuine social disorders, since that's effectively what he was emulating with Twixt's behavior. The conclusions it raises are pretty ugly. If Twixt or a character like him was played by someone who was actually unable to understand that other people wanted to play the zone in a manner other than that strictly intended by the game designers, then you might find something really disturbing about the abusive reception received.

But Twixt understood players' desires perfectly and was unwilling rather than unable to care about other people, so he's just a dick, and the reactions he received were peoples' normal defense mechanisms against people acting like dicks. While it is indeed an unfortunate truth that these same reactions are often triggered unintentionally due to social dysfunction or cultural misunderstanding, the only thing this study demonstrates is how to be a dick.

Disco Duck
Jul 30, 2004

by mons noobis
I can't find the link right now, but I read an article where a college professor griefed his class by making them spend money to watch him play video games instead of educating them.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

Disco Duck posted:

I can't find the link right now, but I read an article where a college professor griefed his class by making them spend money to watch him play video games instead of educating them.
That's just being a dick...

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

coyo7e posted:

But... You weren't griefing this is a story from someone else, who is this royal "we" you refer to? ;)

It was an edited chat log, everything after the colon was a pared down version of what he said. Except the part in parenthesis.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Gabriel Pope posted:

But Twixt understood players' desires perfectly and was unwilling rather than unable to care about other people, so he's just a dick, and the reactions he received were peoples' normal defense mechanisms against people acting like dicks. While it is indeed an unfortunate truth that these same reactions are often triggered unintentionally due to social dysfunction or cultural misunderstanding, the only thing this study demonstrates is how to be a dick.
This, pretty much.

Go to any game. You know what, go to an off-line game, just to make things more real. A neighbourhood football game or something. Play the same way you would play if winning was all the mattered - tackle people, don't be afraid to injure them, mess with them in every way you can. Very soon you won't be invited to any other games. IRL, you can't join games you're not invited to, unlike certain on-line games. But the essential process is the same - you're being a dick to people. Having fun in a way that stops everyone else from having fun, while accomplishing nothing whatsoever except the above.

Barudak, did he ever expalin what sort of "exploration of rule-society interaction" he was going for beyond "if you behave like a dick, people will hate you"?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Soth posted:

Couldn't you get a poo poo ton of range increase to make that a moot point? It's a bit of theorycrafting, sure, but isn't that kind of build possible?

Base range is roughly equivalent to a sniper blast. Max you can range enhance after Enhancement Diversification literally nerfed EVERYTHING IN THE GAME (And it needed to happen) is +60%. And they still can't use it on you if you can't target them. The zone is a mile and a half across. None of the objectives you fight over (what the hero professor is claiming to be fighting over by teleporting people into his own base) are near enough to either base for TP scumming to affect a battle--unless you have four or five heroes chain teleporting people across the map into the base. Which would be pretty badass, actually, a much more creative form of griefing with no easy counter.

If you get teleported into the sentry guns several times, it's because you're retarded. Which fits the average CoX player, so--no easy conclusions?

I still think he found a small group of excitable people to troll, instead of finding some underlying theme in the playerbase.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Jetsetlemming posted:

Jesus these are some of the stupidest threads on the internet

yes iam banned on steam please help me it make me cry

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

fondue posted:

'City of Heroes' character 'Twixt' becomes game's most hated outcast courtesy of Loyola professor

I've tried to play the game but it bored the crap out of me. My own personal griefing episodes are pretty lame in comparison to anything you guys have done but I read the above this morning and thought it fit the thread really well. Anyone familiar with the character?
Apparently there is more to this than what we've talked about. Someone whom played with him and against him commented on the whole thing ... here is an excerpt from Broken Toys blog;

quote:

I’m actually a CoH player who PvPed both with and against Twixt (I am not any of the players named, and my verbal interactions with Twixt were quite limited). I’d like to clear up a few things that seem to be missing. Note that I am, in no way, discounting the seriousness of death threats, but maybe a little more understanding of what really took place will allow people to relate better to the frustration.

1) Twixt’s actions in PvP translated to an investment of time. By teleporting (the action described) villains into a row of firing squad computer-generated enemies, he would give the other character debt. This debt would impede the character’s ability to gain experience by cutting it in half for a certain period of time. Thus, anyone who suffered from what Twixt did would pay for it by having their progress cut in half the next time they got the opportunity to play. A full portion of debt could take upwards of 3 hours of nonstop play to be worked off.

Imagine you go play miniature golf. Directly in front of you is a group of 10 children who have no idea what they’re doing. You are unable to skip past them, and as is allowed, they refuse to let you pass. Due to this inconvenience, you only get to play 9 holes (or 4, if you’re only on a 9-hole course). Would you be frustrated? I sure would be. They didn’t break the rules, but they hurt the fun of my outing by specifically robbing me of the time that I had dedicated to accomplishing my goal. It’s not much different than traffic, bowling balls getting stuck in the lanes, people talking during a movie, or any other issue that would rob an individual of their free time. The individuals causing your frustration may not be breaking the rules, but they are affecting your enjoyment.
2) Twixt’s account of what took place in the PvP zones he visited just plain isn’t accurate...
3) Twixt commonly made fun of players he killed...
4) Twixt died. A lot...
5) Twixt’s research plays a role by examining another realm of society, but his results are predictable...
I think we covered a lot of this already but ultimately he was griefing CoH and bragging about it on the associated forums.

Someone should buy him an account here.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

fondue posted:

So he can troll every thread and write a paper when he gets permabanned? Meh.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

McNerd posted:

So he can troll every thread and write a paper when he gets permabanned? Meh.

Well, I'd be interested in that.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
I didn't think PVP zones had XP penalties? And if they did, it's their fault for going there.

You don't play if you're not willing to lose. And the "Twixt made fun people, a lot" sounds like hearsay, but I'm not 100% sure. It's possible.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Xander77 posted:

This, pretty much.

Go to any game. You know what, go to an off-line game, just to make things more real. A neighbourhood football game or something. Play the same way you would play if winning was all the mattered - tackle people, don't be afraid to injure them, mess with them in every way you can. Very soon you won't be invited to any other games. IRL, you can't join games you're not invited to, unlike certain on-line games. But the essential process is the same - you're being a dick to people. Having fun in a way that stops everyone else from having fun, while accomplishing nothing whatsoever except the above.

Barudak, did he ever expalin what sort of "exploration of rule-society interaction" he was going for beyond "if you behave like a dick, people will hate you"?

Actually, this sounds more like when players play fighting games. Constantly spamming fireballs is considered cheap and boring by many, but its perfectly within the rules of the game. Take SF4 for example, you can spam fireballs with Ryu all day and if it works and helps you win, then you should do it, despite the other player's complaining. After all, it is in the game. I think whats most telling is that people begin to harass him OUTSIDE the game. If you were playing a pickup game, the most people will probably do is not invite you anymore. They most certainly won't mail you a letter calling you a fag.

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision
This has probably been mentioned, but in CS early days I loved name stealing. I'd always end up on some pub server with a bunch of guys who knew each other or "knew the admin" who liked to brag about it. For some reason most of these guys like to change their names to nickname_AFK or nickname_BRB when they'd leave for a minute.

So I'd go to the console real quick, /nick dude's_nickname and steal his identity for a bit. Until I get booted or quit, he can't have his name back.

The bonus was if his friends weren't the type to pay attention to console messages, I could convince them that he was the impostor and get him banned. Most of the time my plan was to teamkill using his name and ruin his 'image', but if they were really sold that I was him I would play for a while without doing anything malicious and really convince them I was who I claimed to be.

Of course, if I did get kicked, I could jump back in that server and set my nick to dude's_nickname_AFK and cry about how the impostor stole my name again while I was AFK and we need to ban him this time!

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Justice Grieves posted:

I didn't think PVP zones had XP penalties? And if they did, it's their fault for going there.

You only get debt if killed by npcs, not enemy players.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

Actually, this sounds more like when players play fighting games. Constantly spamming fireballs is considered cheap and boring by many, but its perfectly within the rules of the game. Take SF4 for example, you can spam fireballs with Ryu all day and if it works and helps you win, then you should do it, despite the other player's complaining. After all, it is in the game.
Well, one other player's complaining does not a social norm make. Fighting games don't include the kind of group communication that would allow real social norms to be set. And if they did, the norms would probably be set by the good players who know better than to whine about such things.

quote:

I think whats most telling is that people begin to harass him OUTSIDE the game. If you were playing a pickup game, the most people will probably do is not invite you anymore. They most certainly won't mail you a letter calling you a fag.
True, but what if they pay money every month for this pickup game and they don't have the choice of whether to invite him, even though if they had the choice nobody would? Verbal abuse is literally their only recourse, unless they can kill him in-game. Plus the angriest people are probably twelve years old, even though the median player is not. That kind of matters.

junidog
Feb 17, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I think whats most telling is that people begin to harass him OUTSIDE the game. If you were playing a pickup game, the most people will probably do is not invite you anymore. They most certainly won't mail you a letter calling you a fag.

Forums aren't really outside of the game though, even if they aren't directly integrated into the client or whatever. It would be like someone calling you a fag from the bench: they aren't actively playing at the moment, but the bench is a part of basketball anyways.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fondue posted:

Apparently there is more to this than what we've talked about. Someone whom played with him and against him commented on the whole thing ... here is an excerpt from Broken Toys blog;
I think we covered a lot of this already but ultimately he was griefing CoH and bragging about it on the associated forums.

I kind of suspected he wrote the paper to justify his playing a fun MMO as "research" and get paid for it. This doesn't really confirm it, but it sure makes it sound more like what I was thinking than what he's presenting it as.

Did this article get published in any peer-reviewed journals? I doubt it, but I'd like to know. It'd probably get picked the gently caress apart.

EDIT: EBSCO returned no relevant results (peer-reviewed or otherwise) for
* AU d. myers or AU david myers or twixt

CSA returned nothing relevant for
AU=((D. Myers) or (David Myers))

so v:geno:v

anyway enough about the guy and his study. It was a pretty good piece of griefing in any case :golfclap:

vvvv edit: who's butthurt? I'm just talking about the academic integrity of his paper.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 8, 2009

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
God look at all you butthurt CoH players. This is the griefing thread, what the gently caress are you doing.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
The real grief is on the taxpayers whose money funded this guy's grant and study.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryle
Jul 19, 2008

by Ozmaugh
yeah whos paying these wacky scientists and their stupid fruitfly research.

• Locked thread