Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
Not totally sure this is the right place to post this, but I'm in the market for a new acoustic guitar, and I've been looking at various models. One which caught my eye is the Martin D35. Seems like the going rate for these guitars across nearly any vintage is $1k-$3k, depending on rarity, etc. Well, I came across this ebay ad, and I want to place a bid. It doesn't look like a scam, but the price seems super low. What gives? With no reserve and 6 days left, does the seller expect the price to go up that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

MrSaturn posted:

Not totally sure this is the right place to post this, but I'm in the market for a new acoustic guitar, and I've been looking at various models. One which caught my eye is the Martin D35. Seems like the going rate for these guitars across nearly any vintage is $1k-$3k, depending on rarity, etc. Well, I came across this ebay ad, and I want to place a bid. It doesn't look like a scam, but the price seems super low. What gives? With no reserve and 6 days left, does the seller expect the price to go up that much?

Martins make awesome acoustics. I recently got one of the Custom Rosewoods from MF and it sounds great. As far as eBay that's pretty much standard. It's guaranteed to go up to the actual price within the last hour of the auction.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

SuicideSnowman posted:

Martins make awesome acoustics. I recently got one of the Custom Rosewoods from MF and it sounds great. As far as eBay that's pretty much standard. It's guaranteed to go up to the actual price within the last hour of the auction.

Yeah, and sometimes even higher. I saw a then-brand new un-upgraded 2008 Gibson SG Standard go for $2000 plus shipping once. People with more money than common sense I suppose.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
Haha, overnight it went up to $1099. Ah well, I guess it really is worth that kind of cash.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003
Hi, guys. Still trying to sell this puppy. Price dropped to $900 shipped in the US (more for Canada).

It is a very clean, barely used '62 reissue Fender USA Jazzmaster guitar. Like new. Played it for a few months when I got it (never gigged, just at-home jamming), then put it away and got busy doing other things. Comes with all the factory goodies... case, accessories, cable, etc. Cable is included, but isn't in the pictures. Guitar plays wonderfully, I just don't play it much and I need the funds for other things. The only flaw is a small area of discoloration on the back of the guitar near the neck plate. Price includes shipping and insurance to continental US. HI, AK, and Canada: email me for shipping quotes. Ships only to US & Canada.

Full pics at: http://gallery.southernmichiganarms.com/index.php?album=2007-fender-usa-jazzmaster

Email: sales@southernmichiganarms.com for details, more pics, or if you have any questions.

I have positive feedback at both ebay and gunbroker under the username southernmichiganarms. Or, ask just about anyone in TFR and they'll vouch for me. Also, I can take visa or mastercard without use of paypal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Whoa nice. I hadn't seen that before. I think I'm saving up for a vintage JM, but otherwise I'd definitely be considering it.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Gewehr 43 posted:

I saw someone play one of these at an open mic last night, they absolutely scream.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003
Thanks, guys. I was really stoked to get it and I love the tone, but I just never play the drat thing. I'd really like it to go to someone who will play it and appreciate it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Man, I'd love to take it off your hands, but I'm afraid Jazzmasters and I have mutually agreed that we just don't get along. :( Still love the way they look, though. Good luck with the sale!

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003
haha Thanks man! :) May I ask why you and Jazzmasters aren't necessarily a match made in heaven?

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Aw, dude, if only you could let that Jazzmaster go for $500 I'd take it right off your hands no questions asked. But I know that won't happen, so good luck!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Gewehr 43 posted:

haha Thanks man! :) May I ask why you and Jazzmasters aren't necessarily a match made in heaven?
When I'm playing clean, I really like the strat's 2 and 4 positions. When I'm playing driven, I like the added beef of humbuckers. Jazzmasters just don't fit in anywhere with my music right now. I still think they're cool as hell and I love seeing them in the hands of people I wouldn't expect to see playing them, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7KdRY6hpc

(great song, too)

e: I had a '79 Jazzmaster that was totally bitchin' but I ended up swapping it for a Les Paul.

Wobegon
Jan 13, 2007

by The Finn
I HAVE:
Maxon GE601
Maxon AF-9
Analogman AR20DL
Freakshow FX Maharishi
ZVex SHO (kind of rough visual condition, but still works perfect)

I NEED:
Boss PS-3
Boss DD-5
Radial ProD2
2x VooDoo Labs PedalPower II
Ernie Ball Mono Volume Jr
3x Roland EV-5

Let me know if you can make something happen. Shipping time will be slow, as I'm active duty military stationed overseas, so if you need it like NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW don't bother, haha. Otherwise, let me know if there's something we can deal on.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
I have a Korg Kaoss Pad 3 that I'm not really using too much. It has the updated firmware, and works perfectly.
I'm pretty open to trades, but right now in particular I'm looking for drum machines, samplers, or midi controllers.
I'm located in canada.

edit: or hell, any guitar gear too. A low watt tube amp would be awesome.

Stabbing Spork fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 23, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: gone :)

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 20, 2009

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
anyone want to sell me a telecaster with brass saddles and a rosewood board? Nothing ultra fancy just like a MIM or cheap American or Jap or something. Sold my89 Squier the other day because I bought it out of desparation (though it was a rad guitar), now to buy the tele I really want.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
Dude, build your own. I was looking the other day on eBay: There are fully finished Tele bodies to be had for DIRT cheap. I built my last Strat, and I don't think I'll ever go back to buying Fender guitars: I built a JM Strat replica (same parts, etc., just did the labor myself) and saved 500-1000 dollars (500 when I built it, but they hiked the price) that I would have spent buying the same guitar from the company. Plus, I learned a bunch about building guitars!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just testing the waters here... I just picked up a ProjectMix and realized that it's not really what I wanted (a more simple control surface would suffice and it hogs a FireWire port). Works perfectly, it's just missing a FW cable of its own, and the box is a little damaged. The unit itself looks just about pristine.

I'm hoping for $1000CAD for it, but if there's goon interest I'm sure we could work something out. Anyone interested?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Early Cuyler posted:

Dude, build your own. I was looking the other day on eBay: There are fully finished Tele bodies to be had for DIRT cheap. I built my last Strat, and I don't think I'll ever go back to buying Fender guitars: I built a JM Strat replica (same parts, etc., just did the labor myself) and saved 500-1000 dollars (500 when I built it, but they hiked the price) that I would have spent buying the same guitar from the company. Plus, I learned a bunch about building guitars!

I'm only looking for like a $700 CAD guitar at the most, the shipping would be like 80 bucks and fully loaded bodies are like $350 USD. I'll just keep an eye on craigslist I think. Thanks though.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Capitan Dad posted:

I'm only looking for like a $700 CAD guitar at the most, the shipping would be like 80 bucks and fully loaded bodies are like $350 USD. I'll just keep an eye on craigslist I think. Thanks though.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, they really rip you off on the fully loaded bodies, unfortunately. I was lucky and won a really good auction, but there seems to be less and less legit auction sales going on, and more and more "Buy It Now-Only" stuff going on. Bummer. You've got me jonesin' for a Telecaster, now, though; what is this forum for if not enabling gear-buying habits?

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Early Cuyler posted:

How much did you get the pickups for? Those things by themselves go for like $300, and I don't know of any pickups that sound similar.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Hi everyone,

I have a Korg Tone Works AX1500G that's in good condition. I have the original Power supply as well as printed copy of the manual. I'll put up some actual photos of it soon.
There is a stock photo of the unit on this page:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--KORAX1500G

I'd love to trade for some sort of tremolo pedal, a Digitech Whammy, or a space echo pedal + cash

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
I'll play.

I'm looking to upgrade to a full hollow-body guitar, which forces me to throw my Dot up for grabs.

The volume and tone knobs were replaced with the flat style knobs you find on most Les Pauls and you can see that I had a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece installed as well. The guy who installed the thing convinced a younger me that star inlays would be a cool filler for the holes left by the original bridge.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ and local trades would be easiest since it comes with a hard case.

Looking for a Gretsch or similar. Can throw in cash + guitar if what you're offering is nice enough.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Stabbing Spork posted:

How much did you get the pickups for? Those things by themselves go for like $300, and I don't know of any pickups that sound similar.

I used Torres Buzkut Vintagekaster pickups, which NAIL the underwound early 60's sound that the Big Dipper pickups are designed to emulate. I think my set was around 179 or something like that. I never see the Big Dippers up on eBay, and when I do, they're a HOT commodity. You'd think Fender would catch on and issue them by themselves.

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

dizzywhip fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 9, 2020

Leecifer
May 29, 2001

mit_senf posted:

I have a broken Holy Grail Plus that I will let go for very cheap if anyone thinks they can fix it or get any use out of it!

When the pedal is bypassed, sound goes through like normal. When it is engaged, all sound cuts off completely. I have no experience with electronics really, and I never used it much anyways, so I haven't tried to open it up and fix it. It could be completely broken or it could be a quick fix, who knows!

It's certainly not going to get any use from me anymore, so if anyone thinks they can fix it or maybe salvage parts or something, I'll let it go for $20 shipped (as long as shipping isn't more than 10 bucks or so).

It could be as simple as soldering a single wire. I had the + wire of the battery connector come loose on a Small Stone I bought used for $20. If you really don't want to mess with it, I will take it off your hands, but you should really check to see if it's something easy like that.

Leecifer fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 2, 2009

sblum
Aug 10, 2004
I feel pretty
I have a Mini Kaoss Pad - this is the model that acts solely as an effects processor. It is in like-new condition. I thought it'd be fun to put a Rhodes through it for gigging and recording, but the effects are definitely not suited towards my style of music or playing. It, however, is very versatile and useful MOSTLY for DJ's but also for keyboardists looking for a little something different. It is packed full of cool and useful filters, pitch shifters, ring mods, distortions, phasers, delays, echoes, a looper, and some nifty effects. It has presets, tap tempo, and an intuitive interface. I'd love to trade it for an MXR Blue Box, or an interesting fuzz. Or sell for cash.

I could toss in a couple stereo RCA->1/4 inch converters if you are not using it with DJ equipment.

Here is a video by a random youtuber demoing but a small fraction of the effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La5TgMpawcQ

EDIT: I have original box and manual, but no AC cable. It runs for about 8 hours on 4 AA batteries.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I've got a ProjectMix up on Craigslist (local to Toronto/London ON), again, if any goons want to jump on this I'm down for a discount on the - already quite cheap - asking price.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/1283571443.html

Gaseous Clay
May 12, 2002

Stabbing Spork posted:

I have a Korg Kaoss Pad 3 that I'm not really using too much. It has the updated firmware, and works perfectly.
I'm pretty open to trades, but right now in particular I'm looking for drum machines, samplers, or midi controllers.
I'm located in canada.

3 month old MPD24?

Gaseous Clay fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 22, 2009

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

dizzywhip fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 9, 2020

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!
Anyone want a Novation Nocturn? Only used it for 5 months.

Leecifer
May 29, 2001

mit_senf posted:

I'll take a look at it at some point soon, if I can't make any progress with it I'll shoot you an email. Thanks!

Sounds good. Look for any loose connections from the switch or battery/power connector.

I'm definitely interested if you decide you don't want to mess with it.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I just bought a Tascam US-1641 - I was hoping the Vista x64 drivers would work with Windows 7 x64, but alas, they did not.

It's still good for a return so I'll probably just do that. In the meantime, I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to swap audio interfaces. I'd be willing to throw in a Peavey StudioMix too, because the Tascam is at the low end of its class.

I can take pictures if necessary. The Tascam is brand new and the StudioMix is old by works fine. I'm looking for a PCI, firewire or USB audio interface with at least 4 balanced ins and outs, preferably more (tascam is 16x4).

http://www.tascam.com/products/us-1641;9,15,1056,14.html

http://www.sonicware.de/studiomix/studiomix_en.html
(I'm not selling this fadeOS upgrade too but it shows what it's capable of. You might need the upgrade to use the StudioMix. Supposedly it's just for Cubase but I've been using it with Sonar 3 for years.)

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

theDoubleH posted:

I just bought a Tascam US-1641 - I was hoping the Vista x64 drivers would work with Windows 7 x64, but alas, they did not.

I've got one of those too. I've used it mostly for project by myself where I'm only doing 1-2 tracks at a time, but the one time I used it with the band, running 12 tracks, it performed very nicely. Just make sure it's got plenty of room to breathe. Once you get over 8 tracks, it really starts heating up.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
This isn't exactly trading, but I've seen plenty of stuff go for cash in this thread so I thought I would at least ask.

I'm a poor classical guitarist who just moved across the country to get my masters, and since I could only take a couple of guitars with me, I only brought classicals. Now that I'm on the west coast, I'd like a decent electric, but I really don't have a ton of money to spend. I'm also pretty low on possessions, since I left a lot of stuff at home. As a result, I'm looking for a decent electric at a pretty low price point: ~$200.

Obviously, this is basically NO money, so I doubt I'll have many options, but I would LOVE an MIM strat or an Ibanez artcore. I don't care about wear, as long as it doesn't affect playability. I'm willing to look at anything, or take any advice! I've checked local thrift and pawn shops, but it seems like they will mark things up as much as they can, and craigslist hasn't been too successful so far.

Come on, help out a poor grad student!

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

I have some gear that I would like to sell, or trade for the right piece. Contact me if you would like any more pictures or information.
1973 Marshall Plexi Super Lead 100w. It has been modified with a master volume. This amp is incredibly loud. In perfect working condition, I just have too many amps and this is the one to go.

I believe this is a 2002 Gibson Goldtop Classic with hardshell case. It has some weird stress cracks in the paint, under the laquer. You cant feel any of them but there are some around all the knobs and tail piece and can only be seen in the right light and angle. They have been there since day one and Gibson said they would take care of it I just never got around to sending it in.

Alesis HR-16 drum machine--Circuit Bent. One of the best vintage drum machines with bends to make some hosed up noises. Lots of fun.

Flip Tube Echo http://guyatone.com/PrBg200601.php

Make me some offers. I know what this stuff is worth so please dont insult me, but tell me what youve got or what you can do.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I have a Micro Q-tron that I no longer need. Figured I'd see what might be available in terms of trade (I likely have a buyer for it should I want to sell outright, but I'd like to see what gear ppl might want to part with for it).

Great little envelope filter from Electro-Harmonix. For those of you unfamiliar with envelope filters, it acts almost like an auto-wah, but instead of responding to a set rate, it reacts to your playing dynamics. Play harder, the wah has a greater filter sweep, play softer and it has less.

Has the same circuitry as the older Mini Q-tron, just in a smaller package. Accepts boss-style 9v power adapter. Daisy-chainable. Has Low, Band, and High Pass filter modes with Q and Drive (Sensitivity) control.

Here are a few clips of the Q:

(With my Pbass)

(With my Lakland, Q comes in a little later on this one, was also trying out my VT Bass pedal)

Not just for bass though. Works just as well on guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJY9BZJ4TnE

As for what I'd be looking for... Anything bass specific really. Road/rack cases and other useful accessories considered. I wouldn't mind a 3-4 guitar stand/rack either.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 7, 2009

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
I have a G & L ASAT Custom to trade or sell. I've had it for about 4 or 5 months and not played it enough to justify keeping it. I also just joined a Tech Death band and need a bass with more strings. The guitar is prefect and I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a cream color and comes with a G&L hardshell case.

I'm looking for either a 5, 6, or 7 string bass or about 800 cash.

VISMAL
Aug 30, 2006
I have a Roland Spd-20 that I have barely used. I like it a lot, but i think I might get more use out of some other things, not sure what I am looking for really or if I even really want to trade it.

So if your interested let me know what you want to trade for and I will let you know if thats what I want!

Sorry I am so vague I really can't think of anything I REALLY need at the moment.

I play drums mainly , I also play keyboards, guitar , bass and I record so I am open to pretty much ANY sort of trade.

To help you out a little:

I have always wanted a nice OCDP Vented 20 ply snare (not that Guitar Center bull poo poo) or an Anton Fig Snare. Or any really high end snare drum.
Octobans are cool....
I will jump on some Rhodes (hah)
I would love a nice fretless bass (fender or warwick)

I can always use cash too.

Non Musical trades I am interested in;
Apple computers, electronics and Canon DSLR Equipment
I also want a PS3 but I don't know how I feel about trading musical equipment for video game consoles.

If you are interested in the unit than offer me something!

The picture is not my unit, I can post a picture if anyone offers me anything I like.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

shoncook posted:

This helps you in no way, but I just sold a C7+ (black) and an RG7620.

I am now thinking of letting my Universe go. This is the UV7BK. I bought it as you see it, some small to medium damage on the upper horn/body, but otherwise in very good shape, with the original hardshell case. Number lock is broken on the case. I do not have the whammy bar, unfortunately, as it didn't come with one. Also didn't come with the back cover for the springs. There is a disturbingly similar one on eBay right now, but it isn't mine.

(more pics available)

I'm looking for something odd: I have a friend that does hot-rod pinstriping, which I really want to stick on a guitar, and it would look god-awful on my current git-fiddle. I need something with a flat finish. I'd like a Les Paul (I'm thinking the Voodoo is cool, but I can't find one to play), or maybe the Schecter Exotic. I don't know, I'm confused and need help. Cash is always good, too.

How much are you trying to get for the universe?