Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Clamps McGraw posted:

drat, I did not expect a whole page of people yelling about me!

What you have to ask yourselves, though, is how likely is the scenario I posited - do you think that Microsoft would take seriously yet another bad player report from someone with a terrible rep and ban someone with a totally stellar one? Did it actually happen? Or was I just trying to elicit a reaction from you guys?

I'll never tell :v:

Truly you are the puppetmaster. :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Rogaine Yoshi posted:

Well someone who was trolling would keep the act up SO!...
My guess is that you're a big human being either way.

Oh, snap! You showed me, and threw a 4chan-esque retort in too! :(

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Clamps McGraw posted:

Oh, snap! You showed me, and threw a 4chan-esque retort in too! :(

Walk away puppet master, your work here is done.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Clamps McGraw posted:

Mass Racism Accusations

this doesn't work. we used to try this (8 complaints at once as well) and noone ever got banned. the only thing ive seen get someone suspended (not banned) for is actually having something racist in their text profile

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

kirbyabc posted:

this doesn't work. we used to try this (8 complaints at once as well) and noone ever got banned. the only thing ive seen get someone suspended (not banned) for is actually having something racist in their text profile

Bugger!
I was hoping to pull this on Tim Buckley.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

WebDog posted:

Bugger!

Just accuse him of misogyny, there's evidence for that all over the web.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

HoldYourFire posted:

Just accuse him of misogyny, there's evidence for that all over the web.

I was accused of being a misogynist when I told some girl on TF2 that she should help cap a point, she got angry and the only thing I could do was to make her more angry. I just did the regular argument about nothing that I clearly have no knowledge of routine. It was quite funny.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

quote:

Banning for fake-racism

WebDog posted:

Bugger!

See, for all of you saying this is a dick move, I think we can all agree that this is at least one appropriate use of the tactic.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

rino86 posted:

FN3 let you knock people out illegally. The Ball shot KO was awesome.

While it wasn't a online multiplayer game, the original Knockout Kings would let you headbutt the poo poo out of people as long as they initiated the clinch. It was hilarious as hell.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Rogaine Yoshi posted:

Well someone who was trolling would keep the act up SO!...
My guess is that you're a big human being either way.

You've just been forum griefed. That is so loving meta.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

You've just been forum griefed. That is so loving meta.

If I said I was fishing for people going OH MY GOD, YOU rear end in a top hat, no-one would believe me and call "puppetmaster!" (is this a goon specific thing, by the way?), and say I was herp-derping to try and save my skin after the fact. So I won't say that.

I love the internet! :buddy:

edit: removing inadvertent acronyms so as to avoid mod wrath

A CRAB IRL fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 15, 2009

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Clamps McGraw posted:

If I said I was fishing for people going OH MY GOD, YOU rear end in a top hat, no-one would believe me and call "puppetmaster!" (is this a goon specific thing, by the way?), and say I was herp-derping to try and save my skin after the fact. So I won't say that.

You already did say that though. And it worked. Rest on your laurels you champion of the people.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Sanctum posted:

Why is it that people that probably drive un-modded subaru WRX's and honda CRX's get incredibly snooty about people that actually like buying cheap imports and souping them up as a hobby? Any given ricer is going to be a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than some kid that likes to play realistic racing simulators, and I've never seen a realistic racing simulator.

The fact that you think "ricer" is an endearing term proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

Nobody whos into cars calls themselves a "ricer".

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

Clamps McGraw posted:

If I said I was fishing for people going OMG YOU rear end in a top hat, no-one would believe me and call "puppetmaster!" (is this a goon specific thing, btw?), and say I was herp-derping to try and save my skin after the fact. So I won't say that.

When people get called out for being pricks, the defence usually falls into 3 predictable clichés.

1. Puppet master.

2. Roll-with-punches.

3. Meltdown.

Puppet-master is arguably the least entertaining, have the good grace to meltdown next time.

E2M6
Jul 17, 2007

by Peatpot

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

The fact that you think "ricer" is an endearing term proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

Nobody whos into cars calls themselves a "ricer".

Furthermore,"ricer" is technically a racist term since it refers to asians who do this. You'll be hearing from microsoft on monday, mister

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

Dogtanian posted:

When people get called out for being pricks, the defence usually falls into 3 predictable clichés.

1. Puppet master.

2. Roll-with-punches.

3. Meltdown.

Puppet-master is arguably the least entertaining, have the good grace to meltdown next time.

Nice. So I guess "roll with punches" is where you just shrug off anything anyone says to you with a grin, meltdown is OH GOD I'M SO SORRY, and puppet master is "haha I was trolling you guys, seriously"?

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1 posted:

You already did say that though. And it worked. Rest on your laurels you champion of the people.

Thanks!

I actually have some more stories (Eve ones specifically, and no, not Jihadswarm-esque ones) to post in this thread if it isn't done to death yet.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
oh no hes figured out our secret goon code we are undone

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

Clamps McGraw posted:

Nice. So I guess "roll with punches" is where you just shrug off anything anyone says to you with a grin, meltdown is OH GOD I'M SO SORRY, and puppet master is "haha I was trolling you guys, seriously"?

Meltdown usually is at the other end of the spectrum, think anger, death threats, posting a photo of a handgun on your keyboard (does anyone have a link to the thread that followed that incident because it was awesome?) etc.

I could handle more Eve stories, Eve works better as a spectator sport than a game.

E2M6
Jul 17, 2007

by Peatpot

Clamps McGraw posted:

meltdown
DID SOMEONE SAY

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Clamps McGraw posted:

Good call!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Clamps McGraw posted:

Thanks!

I actually have some more stories (Eve ones specifically, and no, not Jihadswarm-esque ones) to post in this thread if it isn't done to death yet.

Are your initials OB? You sound just like him :tinfoil:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HoldYourFire posted:

Are your initials OB? You sound just like him :tinfoil:
Do I want to know?

And yeah, "I was trolling you guys" "Just as planned" is... uh, yeah. Not so much of the good.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Haha, doesn't matter what he said so far. If you don't read any of his posts and just look at all of yours, you guys all look like a bunch of bitches. It's hilarious.

Just saying.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

E2M6 posted:

Furthermore,"ricer" is technically a racist term since it refers to asians who do this. You'll be hearing from microsoft on monday, mister

Wow, no kidding. Good info. Though I don't suppose I would ever have gotten in trouble.

"Eeny meeny miney moe" is the dangerous one. I didn't learn it was racist until I was 20, and I still say it without thinking sometimes. I live in absolute terror that one day I will get my rear end beat for this.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

McNerd posted:

Wow, no kidding. Good info. Though I don't suppose I would ever have gotten in trouble.

"Eeny meeny miney moe" is the dangerous one. I didn't learn it was racist until I was 20, and I still say it without thinking sometimes. I live in absolute terror that one day I will get my rear end beat for this.
Eeny meeny miney moe isn't racist. Racists have replaced the "tiger" in the rhyme at some point, but the original phrase has nothing to do with race or anything like that. The words are bastardization of celtic/cornish counting.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Jetsetlemming posted:

Eeny meeny miney moe isn't racist. Racists have replaced the "tiger" in the rhyme at some point, but the original phrase has nothing to do with race or anything like that. The words are bastardization of celtic/cornish counting.

According to the Wikipedia article's talk page, the "friend of the family" version is pretty widespread outside the US, where it's generally considered to be a much less charged word. Most people who were born and raised in the US will probably have learned the "tiger" version.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Saultine posted:

Nagrand griefing

This is hilarious. Back when I played, I used to summon lowbies up to those floating islands all the time, but I'd never collaborate with horde (I was alliance) to gank them. I'd just summon them, let them wonder what the gently caress, be confused for a few minutes, then finally they'd get bored and end up jumping off the island to their death 5000 feet below.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Jetsetlemming posted:

Interesting.

Regardless though, I remember seeing some politician get hosed over for saying this. I think I'll try and play it safe.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

crumshot posted:

This is hilarious. Back when I played, I used to summon lowbies up to those floating islands all the time, but I'd never collaborate with horde (I was alliance) to gank them. I'd just summon them, let them wonder what the gently caress, be confused for a few minutes, then finally they'd get bored and end up jumping off the island to their death 5000 feet below.
Before WotLK came out and while I was still playing, I recall what a bunch of guildees and I were messing around in outland when one of our officers starts hollering in /gchat about how this Druid was ganking him while he was farming those big fire elementals in midair above Nagrand for mats. Being bored, we quickly got a posse of a half-dozen people together and went out there to back him up, getting onto vent to keep in contact while we all talked about how badly we were gonna gank and camp this druid.

So we get there to see our officer getting spanked between a couple mobs and this druid, so we rushed in and rescued him, however the druid changed into a bird and flew off. We hung around farming while the druid hung around in our periphery, until he got bored and starting dogging at our heels. He was pretty stacked and moved fast as hell, so we could barely keep up with him every time he wanted to run.

Eventually (I forget the details unfortunately) he tricked one of our guys into flying his mount off the island, whereupon the druid did something and knocked the guy off his mount in midair, making for a pretty spectacular fall. Everybody was out for blood for this so we all chased him up into the air and circled him as he flew around, whereupon he started flying straight up, then changing into night elf form and falling past us, before changing back into a bird and flying up above us again.. He kept this up for several minutes and we weer completely at a loss as to how to get at him, until we worked out a plan to maneuver him closer to an island and nuke him in midair from the island. We spent a half hour or so luring him close to some of our guys, and they nailed him as he fell past. He then changed into a bird again, and flew away. :argh:

We got embarrassed pretty bad that time, however druids have always been a stellar solo-griefing class in WOW so I don't feel too bad. Ages back we'd hang out in Kargath to do 40-man raids, there was a druid on our server who'd regularly stealth around in cat form right outside of the town, and kill anybody who strayed too far from the group. When we would call to move-out, he'd invariably kill one straggler healer or mage who was off taking a piss and heard the rally call 30 seconds too late. Then half of our raid would spend 20 minutes chasing this druid around. Since the graveyard was about 50 yards from where he killed people it really wasn't much of a setback for him to get killed, and back in the day (probably still,) druids could remove all root/slow effects simply by shifting form, which they could do instantly, while taking damage. That druid had one of the highest pvp ranks on our server, all he did was battlegrounds and grief raid groups while they were trying to organize in Kargath. He was very, very good at his job, too.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 15, 2009

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

coyo7e posted:

Druid madness.

This made me want to play WoW more than anything I've ever heard. Holy crap.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

apekillape posted:

Not to self-promote, but check my earlier posts in this thread - most of my earlier WoW stories were probably a lot more entertaining. Click the ? to see them all from this thread.

Here's my favorites:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=123249#post346332721 warm and fuzzy "griefing" of a buddy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=123249#post346336089 truly memorable griefing

Druids in WoW can be essentially untouchable if you have the right spec, gear, and know your poo poo though. They were the only class that I had any trouble with on my hunter - paladins were laughable even before hunters got mana drain abilities. The "Kargath Griefer" druid was actually a guy who I levelled with at exactly the same rate, in exactly the same areas.. As I levelled my hunter we'd regularly run into each other and have epic lowbie battles, ranging across an entire zone until one of us got bored and vacated. The druid himself was a pretty cool guy I think - no matter how bad you ganked and camped him, he'd NEVER call for help from his guildees.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 15, 2009

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
^^^ this really only applies to 1v1 situations against certain classes, or against really bad players. These days a druid dies in seconds to two attackers just like everyone else.

apekillape posted:

Basically the only griefing that exists in wow is corpse camping someone really hard. It is funny and effective but also very, very avoidable and run into the ground, and the reality is that 1 or 2 people cannot conceivably do anything at all versus a decent sized group/guild other than gank lowbies. Which is only marginally interesting.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Indeed. I've been following the thread since the inception. That snowball story is effing ridiculous.

It's becoming a foregone conclusion that I'll eventually play the drat thing. Mercy on my soul.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

McNerd posted:

Interesting.

Regardless though, I remember seeing some politician get hosed over for saying this. I think I'll try and play it safe.

Any time someone says anything that could be construed as racist in the most inane possible way of someone once saying it in a racist way, Jesse Jackson sounds the horn and starts protesting.

Quezacotl
Aug 5, 2006

I'm an atheist. Deal with it.

quote:

I'd just like to say something....

I hope you enjoy your parents dank dark basement Dyfed, because someone who is so deceptive.. such a liar.. such a backstabbing traitorous, worthless scum of a human being will never amount to anything. I highly suspect when "the button" is one day pushed it will be by you or your kind... The Filthy, socially inept, introverted, spineless, betraying little fucker who is so emo, so backwards so worthless the best he can hope to do with his life is wipe out humanity type.

I'd sooner have Velas or Cozy stand up at my wedding than breathe the air thats been within 1000 miles of you. As far as internet scum goes Dyfed you're worse than Seriella, you're worse than Cozy, you're worse than Marisol, Ironsherk or Velas. You are by far the most vile, foul, filthy, betraying, lying piece of trash that has ever graced Emerald Dream.

That's an awful lot of rage for quoting from their officer forums on another guild's forum

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

apekillape posted:

Indeed. I've been following the thread since the inception. That snowball story is effing ridiculous.

It's becoming a foregone conclusion that I'll eventually play the drat thing. Mercy on my soul.

You realise that in following a griefing thread you have chosen the MMO that is literally least conducive to griefing as your game of choice based on these stories. WoW is pretty unquestionably the most carebare game out there, so don't join it expecting OCIEAN OF PUBBIE TEARS LLOL because it's not like that at all. There are fun stories and isolated neat incidents, but for a game with more subscribers than the population of china there are surprisingly few interesting things you can do to gently caress with people other than just being an rear end in chat.

Jerkules
Jun 29, 2007
Not as flexible as Gumbercules.
I joined a "leveling guild" in WoW that had around 100 players, and apparently gained the trust of the guild leader "Trashdump". The reason I say he trusted me is because he decided to use my character as a medium for transferring guild ownership from one of his characters to another (I'm pretty sure he could have just done it directly). So he says to the guildies in guild chat "don't worry, I'm just transferring the leadership from one character to another" and then he gave me leader, and I then said in guild chat "Okay, now worry". I then demoted him to the new rank "King of Craptown" and after a while kicked him from the guild, exploited the position in a number of ways, such as limiting access to the guild banks and its funds to just my friend and I. We eventually drained all of the items and money, mostly through repairs. I felt kind of bad, especially since some of the lower level people continued to deposit pretty good chunks of money even as this occurred.

After a few weeks of debauchery my friends and I decided to move on, and we staged one last thing. We waited for the previous guild owner, Trashdump, to be in Orgrimmar, and I then advertised that I was selling the guild. Seeing the advertisement, Trashdump started telling everyone what happened and how I am a scum bag, and surprisingly, after hearing the story- nearly everyone in general chat mocked him for being an idiot/sucker/whatever.

He lost his guild to a griefer, was demoted and mocked by that griefers new power, and then mocked by the public when he plead for sympathy. I really felt bad for the poor guy.

So I gave the guild back for a modest fee, I mean, I tried to but instead I accidentally gave the guild over to my friend Spaghravy"because their names were so similar" (they weren't). I kept Trashdumps money, and told him to work it out with Spaghravy.

Spaghravy ended up selling the guild back to Trashdump, but instead he gave the guild over to some low level guy who was begging for money in general chat, after pocketing more of Trashdumps money.

That was mean.

Jerkules fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 15, 2009

Cryle
Jul 19, 2008

by Ozmaugh
surprised he didnt call a gm on you

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Jerkules posted:

Stealing WoW Guild etc.

That guy is a retard. He could have called a GM and gotten you guys banned or at least suspended for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
I don't know man. I think "Trashdump" might be worse than "King of Craptown" already.

• Locked thread