Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Main event for NOAH's big Misawa memorial at Budokan is Shiozaki defending against...

Akitoshi Saito.

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Main event for NOAH's big Misawa memorial at Budokan is Shiozaki defending against...

Akitoshi Saito.

:ughh:

Welp, they blew it. They had one chance and they magnificently blew it.

Jimchuck Spanner
Sep 9, 2001

welp
what the gently caress

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

Welp, they blew it. They had one chance and they magnificently blew it.
They can still have something like Kawada & Taue vs Kobashi & KENTA in the semi-main :shobon:

But watch, it'll be Kawada & Taue vs Ogawa & Kotaro Suzuki.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Jimchuck Spanner posted:

what the gently caress

C'mon it can't be that ba

sportsnavi via SSS posted:

Shiozaki demanded a backdrop from Saito. "Even if I receive it I'll stand up". And said reason for that match is "revenge".
:ohdear:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Kawada & Taue

HOLY DEMON ARMY HELL YEAH~~~!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HulkaMatt posted:

HELL YEAH~~~!

Not so much in 2009.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

HOLY DEMON ARMY HELL YEAH~~~!
Kawada isn't even confirmed.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

Shiozaki demanded a backdrop from Saito. "Even if I receive it I'll stand up". And said reason for that match is "revenge".

:eng99:

Somebody also please tell me that Sugiura being injured is just a rumor.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Captain Charisma posted:

Not so much in 2009.

I don't care! :colbert:

Ditch posted:

Kawada isn't even confirmed.

But... you said he was announced for 9/27 :(??

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

But... you said he was announced for 9/27 :(??
You're right.

I just don't know anymore...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Video files on my server are down for a few days while the server moves to a new location. No Wednesday puro this week, maybe none for Saturday either. Good time to play catch-up!

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

Video files on my server are down for a few days while the server moves to a new location. No Wednesday puro this week, maybe none for Saturday either. Good time to play catch-up!

I'm trying my best to catch up. Thanks again for posting all these!

Is there any more news about Kawada?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No Kawada news yet.

Here's the new puropulse:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/08/13/puroresu-pulse-issue-153-misawa-becomes-ace/

If HUSTLE really goes down, where would Kawada go? Where would he be a good fit? What company could really use him?

*looks at NOAH, coughs*

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch. Don't be ridiculous. HUSTLE WILL LIVE FOREVER~!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Its time has passed :(

Even Sapp wasn't entertaining. I don't know how HUSTLE could botch Sapp but they did.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
After the erotic terrorist left there was no where to go but down

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
That's loving shameful over the NOAH event that's going to happen at their big show. Man. =/

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

quote:

-Mistico beat Tiger Mask earlier today at Sumo Hall in Tokyo to win the IWGP jr. title with La Mistica

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Reading through puroresufan they've started to talk about the "four heroes." Who are they? I have some obvious ideas, but I'm not totally sure.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Tanahashi, Nakamura, Goto and Makabe. That's who New Japan sees as being the future.

G-1 semis have Tanahashi, Nakamura and Makabe, plus Sugiura. Those three were also in the '07 semis. Goto and Makabe were in the final last year, no semis. NJ has pretty much given up on Tenzan as a headliner, they've given Nakanishi his gold watch, and I think they feel Nagata is past his peak.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ditch posted:

NJ has pretty much given up on Tenzan as a headliner

And NJ gave him SUCH a great chance to become an ace. :jerkbag:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
G-1: Makabe over Nakamura in the final

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Makabe was the one I missed. After the G1 final and the whole GBH/Chaos storyline, it makes sense.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

G-1: Makabe over Nakamura in the final

NO!!!!!!! HE WAS SO CLOSE!!! :cry:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wow, the G1 Climax was pretty good. Are the usual NJPW shows normally up to this level or were people really busting rear end?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
G-1 has been the highlight for NJ for most of the decade. Big shows mean big efforts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

G-1 has been the highlight for NJ for most of the decade. Big shows mean big efforts.

The Masato Tanaka/?dude in red tights? match from day 3 owned.

I may have to watch more NJPW now that I know Tanaka wrestles for them.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Tanaka is still with Zero-One. NJ traditionally brings in big outside stars for G-1.

'Guy in red' is Takao Omori. They wrestled a lot when Omori was in Z-1.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
It's a very sad day over in Japan.

Tanahashi has vacated the IWGP Heavyweight Title due to injury (eye fracture).

Nakamura vs Makabe rematch is scheduled for the Kobe show on 9/27 to determine a new champion.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

TheDuelies posted:

It's a very sad day over in Japan.

Tanahashi has vacated the IWGP Heavyweight Title due to injury (eye fracture).

Nakamura vs Makabe rematch is scheduled for the Kobe show on 9/27 to determine a new champion.

Tanahashi. :smith:

TAKE THE BELT NAKAMURA!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Behold, the greatest match listing.

Umemura Personal Computer Copy & Paste Title, Decision Match, Umemura Personal Computer School Offer Match - Danshoku Dino Road to Ryogoku: Danshoku Dino vs Pelwan Konaka

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

Behold, the greatest match listing.

Umemura Personal Computer Copy & Paste Title, Decision Match, Umemura Personal Computer School Offer Match - Danshoku Dino Road to Ryogoku: Danshoku Dino vs Pelwan Konaka

I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds hilarious. Is it a charity match or something?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It was a match where the winner got a title belt that had a gold-painted keyboard as the plate. Konaka has white paint all over and does lots of crossing his legs. The match is more weird than good, certainly not as awesome as its title.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Is it for those hardcore matches with a bunch of office furniture DDT has done in the past?

Gordy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 21, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

It was a match where the winner got a title belt that had a gold-painted keyboard as the plate. Konaka has white paint all over and does lots of crossing his legs. The match is more weird than good, certainly not as awesome as its title.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
This is a new title that might not ever be used again. DDT has done that many times.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm fine with Danshoku Dino being the eternal holder of that belt.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

OK, I just watched this entire match on Youtube, and uhm, wow. Does Konaka have some sort of Yoga gimmick or something? His folded leg senton thing from the top was, well, different if nothing else. And I had no idea Dino used a kiss as a sort of sleeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

skyliner posted:

OK, I just watched this entire match on Youtube, and uhm, wow. Does Konaka have some sort of Yoga gimmick or something? His folded leg senton thing from the top was, well, different if nothing else. And I had no idea Dino used a kiss as a sort of sleeper.

evidently the act of being kissed by another man makes japanese men pass out from shame.