Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm pretty sure that's Team Fortress or one of its many offspring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Drox posted:

whoever it is that says "la" all the time flavoryou.

totalnewbie posted:

Singapore. They have terrible, terrible internet so I'm not sure how they could even play the drat game.

I'm from Singapore, and I'm loving embarrassed by our online community.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

digitalwatchmaker posted:

I introduce you to Fiery_Homosexual in the original hl1 team fortress the happy medic who had forgotten about his hippocrates vow ran around spreading the joy of flesheating bacteria with his little medipak shouting "stay still, I'm going to give you STD's". This was done over and over again, and infection while in the other teams base meant you wouldn't be getting out alive without a medic, this seemed to piss a lot of people off.

I used to do this using the name "I_Have_AIDS".

Rusty_
Jan 7, 2007

Talk Nerdy To Me!
pick chen on DOTA and teleport teamates that irritate me repeatedly back to base untill they leave game whilst spamming "I SAVE YOU" in chat.

Jetstar
May 31, 2009

by Fistgrrl

digitalwatchmaker posted:

edit: while I corrected some typos I accidentaly took out the game name etc.

Team Fortress Classic, right? Because otherwise I have no idea what's going on in your post. Also, what is a "drat bag"? Maybe that's something I don't remember from TFC.

Jetstar fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 3, 2009

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Drox posted:

All of this rage over just shooting fast reminds me of when I used to play GunZ.

Oh poo poo, I used to play GunZ. Were you around when KickassJack got huge for DESTROYING Korean in that match? Funniest poo poo ever.

For people who aren't retarded enough to play GunZ "seriously", dude used dagger instead of katana (which no one EVER did) and was the complete opposite of K-style. Korean was this upper-level... korean player who came over to the US and everyone jocked as the best thing before and after sliced bread. He basically taught K-style to the US server. This guy KAJ started playing and ripped his poo poo up in a Team Deathmatch like 5-0 just rolling around normally and shooting him in the face. You know, actual tactics instead of crazy wristbreaking keyboard antics.

The "OMG HAX" that ensued from Korean losing to someone who could actually aim and/or think is one of the coolest things that ever happened in GunZ.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GunZ was a game you could grief by merely winning without using some bullshit "K-Style" or whatever. I used to roll with a dagger and a rocket launcher and people would give me all sorts of poo poo when I consistently kicked their asses.

For those unfamiliar with some of the game mechanics, swords have an ability to block all bullets to the upper part of the body (you can still hit the lower part but that's difficult to adjust for). Some people figured out a move to jump, dash, slash with the sword, and block, all within the space of about half a second (called butterflying), so actually hitting people who did this with bullets basically relied on luck and persistence. Another game mechanic is that rockets reach through blocks; the trade off is that rockets have a travel time whereas all other bullets are hitscan. The people who butterflied often headed in a linear path directly towards you or just circled around you. Either way, their movement was predictable, thus making hitting them with rockets extremely easy. Hitting them with a rocket three times in a row and completely negating their "pro la" maneuver pissed them off immensely.

More fun experiences involve people pissing all over you for using archaic and dishonorable tactics like cover and surprise attacks.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

Rusty_ posted:

pick chen on DOTA and teleport teamates that irritate me repeatedly back to base untill they leave game whilst spamming "I SAVE YOU" in chat.

My god, inspired by this thread I did this a couple weeks ago for a few games. Pure GOLD.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
That's what I loved most about GunZ after a while. I got into a pretty high-level clan (Aim Directly :whatup: ) just for not being an idiot and one of our main competitive team members literally just had really solid aim and running away abilities. He used dual revolvers and just armored the gently caress up, and when people would k-style at him he'd just dash to the side, switch weapons, and plug two in their dome. Run away, heal up, go for the next guy. No need for crazy backflips when it only takes two good shots to put 'em down, haha.

People reliably lose their poo poo when they have to think a little instead of just mashing keyboard macros.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
GunZ was fun, but the community was atrocious. Pretty much the entire subculture metagame that dominated it was based on the fact that the engine was hilariously bugged out and flaky. The notorious aforementioned Korean Style basically meant learning loads of annoyingly rapid keypresses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEX_T6hcd40

...and that's a fairly slow play.

I also played Counter-Strike at the time I was playing GunZ, and applying tactics from the former in the latter caused huge amounts of rage, despite being perfectly legitimate and quite remarkably successful.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
Yeah, that dude seems really slow. I have giant ape hands and I still ended up looking like a blur of motion and clacking when I played.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I just installed the game again and took it for a spin.
After not playing for well over a year, I got some dude who, out of the blue, said "i don't like you. loser leaves." Naturally I won, despite not even being able to dash or aim properly. He left. I wasn't even trying to make people mad, I was just being a normal dude who fought like a normal dude.

I remember why I was so good at GunZ. It wasn't so much my skill as their lack of it.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Drox posted:

GUNZ

Hahaha man. I used to play this game, too, and the rage coming from the twerps who played it obsessively was pretty funny. If you didn't use a sword and shotguns to fly around and fight with people would get insanlely mad. So I would go in with a knife, and when they saw you had a knife they'd pretty much just try to get in close to you since knives couldnt block melee attacks. So I would load up a rocket launcher and wait for them to get on my rear end and just dash around in circles out in the open so they didnt have any walls to bounce off of, meaning they'd have to hit the ground between each slashing jump attempt or whatever the gently caress they called it. Anyways i'd just plant rockets right where they had to land from it and kill them and the rage from it was insane. Entire enemy teams in TDM would spend every round just chasing me around the level for doing that poo poo and sometimes my team would even just hang back and wait for them to kill me off before they start fighting too.

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...

Stuntman Mike posted:

My god, inspired by this thread I did this a couple weeks ago for a few games. Pure GOLD.

Anyone that doesn't know the -disablehelp command probably deserves to be griefed this way.

Isko
May 20, 2008
Man I used to play GUNZ myself, but I actually trained myself to use the lovely korean style of fighting. One of the lovely things about GUNZ that I don't think was mentioned yet was that the netcode was horrible, everything that happened was sent "directly" (I don't actually know this stuff) to the other players. You didn't actually play on servers. This meant that everyone had different pings, and the stupid netcode wouldn't take into account that the person you were shooting wouldn't actually be there when the information reached them. It was quite funny when you got someone with a really high ping and they could just run around avoiding all the shots, because they had a few seconds lead on the shots fired at them, which meant you would have to basically spray where you would think they would go.

I also live in Hawaii which means I usually have a higher ping than others, and some people wouldn't be able to compensate very well against me, especially when dashing around like a madman with the k-style. At one point someone accused me of hacking because he wasn't able to hit me, so to prove that I wasn't hacking he wanted me to stand still and shoot me with his shotgun at pointblank range. I didn't really care too much so I stopped and agreed. Well some how, with us both perfectly still and right next to each other, he manages to pretty much miss the shot, only plinking off a little health resulting in him believing that I was indeed hacking.

When I got bored with regular GUNZ, I ended up creating some gimmick characters. One was a "civilian" that I had equipped with only a knife. I would only run away with him, being useless to my team and avoiding the enemy the best I could. I would pretend I was a regular guy who didn't want to fight. Other times I would play with only a sword on the newbie level, but I would only dash around the level and use sword to climb the walls (which you would do by abusing the game physics) and all the newbies who could only run and roll around could never catch me as I danced around them on the walls.

I eventually quit because pretty much everyone started using k-style, even in the newbie areas, and I finally realized how bad the game was. Does anyone have any good links on KickassJack beating Korean? That poo poo sounds hilarious.

EDIT: Oh god, they are making GUNZ 2

Isko fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 3, 2009

Suzumiya Haruhi-tan
Oct 3, 2008

by mons al-madeen
I played GunZ very very briefly but I remember using the dagger and dual revolvers a lot. I just used the revolvers to kill people from across the map, and the daggers to knock down and kill people seriously trying to swordfight with eachother. They'd get incredibly mad when I'd just knock down entire groups of people over and over again to rack up kills.

You get accused of hacking/noobery a lot just for playing the game normally and not doing stupid butterfly poo poo.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Suzumiya Haruhi-tan posted:

You get accused of hacking/noobery a lot just for playing the game normally and not doing stupid butterfly poo poo.

Yep, this. I used to just, you know, run around and shoot people, which apparently meant I was an enormous fag, a hacker, etc.

Haha, I thought GunZ was way way more obscure [at least stateside], I guess not.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Oh GunZ. Whenever I tried to use that K-style (once) I ended up getting sharp pains in my wrist. So I knew there must be another way. Cue me running away and just taking pot shots with my basic SMG/Revolvers/Rocket Launcher. Now I've played Counter Strike, TF2, WoW, any game you could possibly think of that has player rage. GunZ? For acutally using a different strategy that worked, these people hated you. There was nothing but seething rage as I saw an entire server chase me around a level.

Good times.

Ideya Keeper
Dec 1, 2007
Random Lurker.
One of the best ways to grief the mainstream idiot in GunZ has always been just to use actual FPS tactics rather than buying into the K-style bullshit; rifles and SMGs spraying into someone's head or legs if they are blocking? instant hate.
Three things, though, will induce rage like nothing you've ever seen in a public deathmatch game;

1. Managing to use the knife lunge on someone (a split-second delay lunge that knocked the opponent prone for a few seconds or left you stalled if you missed).

2. Being BETTER than them at K-style and mixing that in with your play; dancing around them and butterflying so that you'd get multiple weak hits on them and blocking every attempt they made, then backing off only to pull out a rifle and popping them dead has gotten me called a hacker repeatedly and issued a duel challenge which I promptly won and caused the loser to ragequit the game.

3. Smoke and flashbang grenades. I don't even need to explain it fully, they work exactly as you'd expect. Worse than throwing them randomly in the middle of two or three people having a "duel", however, is throwing them tactically in team DM games - especially in one instance.

So people like to sometimes team DM in an imposed ruleset titled "Assault / Defend". the teams spawn in the usual map (basically the only map that works for this poo poo) which has the two teams at opposite ends in two medium-sized but very different rooms. One is a library with poor line of sight, the other is a very open bedroom. can you see where I'm going with this?
I'd spawn with the team in the library and bee-line for the Defending bedroom, wait a moment for everyone to crowd in attacking, and start tossing in flash and smoke grenades before charging in with a rifle or shotgun depending on if I was k-styling or going for pure rage - the shotgun to the back of the head was more effective, but people LOST IT when they realised I'd blinded and smoked the room just to storm in with a rifle and spray the entire opposing team down.

I did eventually try out K-style for myself and while I could pull it off without too much strain my mind would still be on the high-speed setting for hours afterwards and made playing at night a bitch, hence me quitting the game after two months.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I actually had a lot of the K-style techniques down for GunZ, but didn't use them very often in combat due to the fact that they did nothing but draw out battles. Flying around was pretty fun, though, and dead useful for getting around some levels (and pretty much necessary once the devs caught on and started releasing maps with wall-flying abilities in mind).

Suzumiya Haruhi-tan posted:

the daggers to knock down and kill people
Oh hell, I remember this. People would rage so hard at dagger users, mainly because it was fairly easy to stunlock people with daggers and also because the recovery window for a dagger knockdown attack (a lunge that left you very open, but could knock down your opponent for 3-4 seconds if not recovered) was slightly tighter - or at least had fewer visual cues - than the sword stun.

This led to pretty much anyone successfully using a dagger being branded a "dag fag".

Fury1671 posted:

SMG/Revolvers/Rocket Launcher
SMGs were great. They were big, gaudy and K-style pros would explode at you if you killed them with SMGs (because apparently aiming and unloading into a person writhing around in the air isn't a legitimate tactic).

Rocket launchers were also nice - after a couple of hours playing you'd probably start picking up the kinds of moves people make, and for what they were they were really quite predictable. Send a rocket where you think your enemy's going to land and you're not only cheap, but also gay, a hacker and a "noob la"!

Once again, none of this is even real griefing. There was nothing stopping these people from adapting and learning to deal with SMGs, rifles and rocket launchers. They just opted for the usual route in an online shooter; call anyone you disagree with "gay" and vote to kick them. v:shobon:v

Hahaha, e:fb on the dagger knockdowns. They really did get the tears flowing.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Kessel posted:

I'm from Singapore, and I'm loving embarrassed by our online community.

Tell your friends to stop using "la le li lo lu liao" as periods because holy drat nothing has ever managed to become more of a pet peeve to me while playing lovely korean mmo games, not even a classic brazilian "AHUEAHUEAHUEAHUEA" chortle. :psyduck:

E: actually I take that back the brazilian laugh is more annoying

Emalde fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 3, 2009

digitalwatchmaker
Dec 11, 2008

Jetstar posted:

Team Fortress Classic, right? Because otherwise I have no idea what's going on in your post. Also, what is a "drat bag"? Maybe that's something I don't remember from TFC.

its the medics healing device that you have in teamfortress classic.

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande
It's less of a bag and more of a box. I always refer to it as the healthbiscuit anyway.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1 posted:

It's less of a bag and more of a box. I always refer to it as the healthbiscuit anyway.
Aw man, I wish I'd referred to it as a healthbiscuit. I just called mine the funbox. Healthbiscuit just sounds so much better.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
All this gunz talk got me to dust off my old rear end account and play a little bit. It's even worse than ever before. There werent as many ragers that I ran into but every single game has at least one person cheating hardcore in it with the super speed sword slashes or constant stream of strun strikes just walking into people and killing them.

Ideya Keeper
Dec 1, 2007
Random Lurker.

Cephalectomy posted:

All this gunz talk got me to dust off my old rear end account and play a little bit. It's even worse than ever before. There werent as many ragers that I ran into but every single game has at least one person cheating hardcore in it with the super speed sword slashes or constant stream of strun strikes just walking into people and killing them.

That's a shame, I too was thinking about grabbing GunZ again. MAIET used to be pretty classy about banning anyone you recorded hacking (even has an in-game recording system that was easy to use) but I suppose once it gets too widespread and well known they just stop trying to keep the lid on the can.

Running the monster dungeons when one member of your group had the hacks running was one thing but in a PvP environment it plain sucked - ESPECIALLY if someone on the opposing team did it in a clan match.

Someone may complain that using it in monster dungeons gave you an unfair exp advantage, but honestly character level in that game is worthless save for the min. req for shotguns and rifles and even then it wasn't such a big deal.
Case in point; the many players who rolled a level one character, grabbed a sword and a pair of revolvers, and K-styled their way to beating level 60s for a massive powerlevel match. (No, I don't get that bit either.)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

apekillape posted:

Oh poo poo, I used to play GunZ. Were you around when KickassJack got huge for DESTROYING Korean in that match? Funniest poo poo ever.

For people who aren't retarded enough to play GunZ "seriously", dude used dagger instead of katana (which no one EVER did) and was the complete opposite of K-style. Korean was this upper-level... korean player who came over to the US and everyone jocked as the best thing before and after sliced bread. He basically taught K-style to the US server. This guy KAJ started playing and ripped his poo poo up in a Team Deathmatch like 5-0 just rolling around normally and shooting him in the face. You know, actual tactics instead of crazy wristbreaking keyboard antics.

The "OMG HAX" that ensued from Korean losing to someone who could actually aim and/or think is one of the coolest things that ever happened in GunZ.

I played with the dagger, since it was so light you could carry heavier/more gear. People are idiots and will chase you around corners, directly into you're grenade/dagger lunge.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Emalde posted:

not even a classic brazilian "AHUEAHUEAHUEAHUEA" chortle. :psyduck:
E: actually I take that back the brazilian laugh is more annoying

Hahah what the gently caress? Maybe I haven't played with enough Brazilians but... what the gently caress?

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Ideya Keeper posted:

That's a shame, I too was thinking about grabbing GunZ again. MAIET used to be pretty classy about banning anyone you recorded hacking (even has an in-game recording system that was easy to use) but I suppose once it gets too widespread and well known they just stop trying to keep the lid on the can.

Running the monster dungeons when one member of your group had the hacks running was one thing but in a PvP environment it plain sucked - ESPECIALLY if someone on the opposing team did it in a clan match.

Someone may complain that using it in monster dungeons gave you an unfair exp advantage, but honestly character level in that game is worthless save for the min. req for shotguns and rifles and even then it wasn't such a big deal.
Case in point; the many players who rolled a level one character, grabbed a sword and a pair of revolvers, and K-styled their way to beating level 60s for a massive powerlevel match. (No, I don't get that bit either.)

It's run by that lovely ijji.com place now and i'm pretty sure they just dont give a gently caress as long as people keep paying for cash shop items.

Officeboy
Jun 27, 2006
Recently I've been playing the Project Reality 0.86 mod for Battlefield 2. This wouldn't count as intentional griefing, but nonetheless, it would piss off my squad to the point where I would literally hear them cringing over the VOIP system.

In this mod, there are two game types. There is Assault and Secure, which is similar to vanilla BF2 and Insurgency (where you can play as either a regular forces or the insurgents).

In Insurgency mode, the objective of the opposing team was to defend their weapon caches from the organized forces (USMC, Army, British), and as the name suggests, you play as an insurgent, and you're supposed to act like ones, i.e. lay traps, set up ambushes, coordinate with other squads so no one discovers where the caches are.

Unfortunately though I would take my job a little bit too seriously.

You see, the weapon caches are VERY VERY sensitive. Regardless of whoever destroys it, if it is, destroyed you are putting the Insurgents at a loss and it's plus one point to the other team. Usually the other team will destroy caches by throwing incendiaries at the cache, or if the other team already knows where it is, they'll simply shoot an explosive round from an APC or Tank and that usually does the job. But unfortunately you can destroy it by yourself accidentally.

That being said, I do take my job seriously in the dumbest way possible. I would play as a sapper, and plant as many grenade traps as possible all over the building. That means if I'm in a given area where theres a whole 2 squads defending the cache, you would see 10+ grenade traps 3+ IED's and 2+ mines in that one area. Unfortunately, people do not bother checking their maps for team set traps, and whenever someone managed to trip over the wires or set off any of the explosives, it would start a chain reaction and kill not only all the players in the area, but it would also destroy the cache, and we'd lose.

Unfortunately the idiots who don't check the map always TK (teamkill) punish me, and I was always the one to blame for simply doing the job. It was so bad that I was actually kicked from the server.

Officeboy fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 3, 2009

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ideya Keeper posted:

1. Managing to use the knife lunge on someone (a split-second delay lunge that knocked the opponent prone for a few seconds or left you stalled if you missed).

I never got the hang of that k-style poo poo, but I used a knife not for the knockdown, but because you can hitlock someone with it. It's quite possible to juggle someone into a corner and kill them before they know what the deal is if you're lucky. This, naturally, incurs massive, massive rage. :smug:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

-Troika- posted:

I never got the hang of that k-style poo poo, but I used a knife not for the knockdown, but because you can hitlock someone with it. It's quite possible to juggle someone into a corner and kill them before they know what the deal is if you're lucky. This, naturally, incurs massive, massive rage. :smug:

Haha, indeed. When I got into the higher-levels I switched back to knife just because no one remembered it was in the game, it was awesome.

You can easily get out of knife knockdown by just mashing space-bar, you don't even have to time it, it's literally just "Oh poo poo, I got knocked down *MASHMASHMASH* back up no problem". But no one had seen a knife in forever, so they'd just brainfart and fall over. On switch I put one-hand SMG just for that, so I could stand over them and riddle them with bullets. So, so embarrassing.

Also, like you said, if you just hide in a corner like a scorpion in a hole, you can invariably just push into them and stab them to death before they remember to block. Then when they block and get the spark, knock them down with right-click (goes right through the sword's massive strike, even if you get hit). They'd be so busy trying to hit with the massive they'd take the knockdown in the face and again forget to recover.

Oh, how the tears did flow.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Officeboy posted:

That being said, I do take my job seriously in the dumbest way possible. I would play as a sapper, and plant as many grenade traps as possible all over the building. That means if I'm in a given area where theres a whole 2 squads defending the cache, you would see 10+ grenade traps 3+ IED's and 2+ mines in that one area. Unfortunately, people do not bother checking their maps for team set traps, and whenever someone managed to trip over the wires or set off any of the explosives, it would start a chain reaction and kill not only all the players in the area, but it would also destroy the cache, and we'd lose.

Unfortunately the idiots who don't check the map always TK (teamkill) punish me, and I was always the one to blame for simply doing the job. It was so bad that I was actually kicked from the server.

How is this unintentional? If you're trying to defend these caches, wouldn't you set these traps in locations far enough away that they don't destroy the cache - or trigger each other - when someone sets one off?

Officeboy
Jun 27, 2006

thelightguy posted:

How is this unintentional? If you're trying to defend these caches, wouldn't you set these traps in locations far enough away that they don't destroy the cache - or trigger each other - when someone sets one off?

It was just me being a noob, I haven't played that long. I was hoping to give them the message "Don't go in here, you'll get shat on!"

Speaking of which, there was another incident where we were defending a cache, and my squad and a few other team members from the other squads knew that they had intelligence on one of our caches and were on our asses. Unfortunately a stray enemy squad happened to find a bunch of our guys spawning from our building and so they started going after us. Our cache was on the second floor of the building, and we knew that any second soon, a squad was gonna climb up the stairs. So the guy on my side had the genius idea to spam molotov cocktails at the stairs, and the other team members also thought it was a good idea, and so they started throwing cocktails at the stairs and I joined in.

What resulted was this huge bonfire glitching out of our building, thus giving away our position, and the fire getting DANGEROUSLY close to our cache, and the whole team laughing about it over Mumble.

Officeboy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 4, 2009

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm not sure if people still play it online or not, but I had a fun grief or two in Condemned 2 on Crime Scene mode. (Pretty much multiplayer Se7en.) The cops have to hunt down and either kill all of the Influenced, or scan the two coolers the crazies have to hide that contain a severed head. Cops can see the general direction where the coolers are, but it doesn't take things like height into effect. When a cop is scanning the cooler, his back is turned and can't move unless he stops scanning.

One map is a farmhouse. Outside where the cops spawn is an outhouse, with a bunch of rocks and a little plank leading to the roof of it. Since the cops usually rush the basement, I go around them and down the back way from the attic which leads to their spawn. A few tricky jumps later, and I've got the cooler planted on the roof of the outhouse. Cops will eventually find it, but unless they know how to use the rocks, it'll just sit there out of scanning range. Two cops eventually managed to get up there, one to scan it, the other to watch his back. I sneaked around behind the guard and threw my sledgehammer at him, killing him instantly. His friend was too busy scanning to notice, so I picked up the dead cop's shotgun and blasted him in the head.

Another map is inside a meatpacking plant, and there's another tricky jump along some pipes on a wall that lead to a catwalk above one of the rooms, in pitch darkness. Plant the cooler there and watch the other guys run around in circles with their scanner, eventually losing the round as time runs out.

The game is pretty much made for ambushing people and scaring the ever loving christ out of them. I wish more people played.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Emalde posted:

Tell your friends to stop using "la le li lo lu liao" as periods because holy drat nothing has ever managed to become more of a pet peeve to me while playing lovely korean mmo games

We speak an odd creole of English, called Singlish, in Singapore. Those "la leh" things are actually valid sentence endings, each with a different connotation.

The reason so many of us are loving embarrassed by our online community is because people don't know how to turn their loving brains back on and speak proper English.

Grief them hard for me if you see them.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Kessel posted:

Those "la leh" things are actually valid sentence endings, each with a different connotation.

Admittedly off-topic, but that sounds fscinating and I would like to hear more. Knowing something isn't just jibberish anymore would add a bit of education to my interactions with screaming pubbies.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GetWellGamers posted:

Admittedly off-topic, but that sounds fscinating and I would like to hear more. Knowing something isn't just jibberish anymore would add a bit of education to my interactions with screaming pubbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EidmafQLfcI
here you go go nuts

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah yes, the sounds of home. Nyeaaaargh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

GetWellGamers posted:

There seems to be an absurdly long Wikipedia article on it. Looks kinda interesting, but holy cow I don't know if I could stand hearing it for too long. I'm a bit of a grammar freak, so this almost-English would make me go insane.

Edit: And then I catch a bunch of typos in the post saying I'm a grammar Nazi.

Arcsech fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 5, 2009

• Locked thread