Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booga
Aug 20, 2007

So a few goons from the Knifeback TF2 server set up a 6v6 team for a tourny, they're better than most of the teams playing but not anything special. One of the KM members posted a video of their sniper's best shots during the match because they really are good and lucky shots.

The team they where against in that video found it and got mad.

You should also note the same sniper in that video got banned for a short while from US TF2 goon server for "hacking" earlier this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Arooga posted:

So a few goons from the Knifeback TF2 server set up a 6v6 team for a tourny, they're better than most of the teams playing but not anything special. One of the KM members posted a video of their sniper's best shots during the match because they really are good and lucky shots.

You should also note the same sniper in that video got banned for a short while from US TF2 goon server for "hacking" earlier this year.

That thread is quality. Xixk is just good and the reasons for him using an aimbot in that thread are just hilarious.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Judakel posted:

My god it was glorious. L4D never ceases to attract the tards and goons sperg like no one else. This morning Goddamn Hippy provided enough amusement to remind me of why I loved griefing in that game so much.
Am I supposed to just guess what you did or are you going to tell me?

Anyway, I'm loving dying here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHkbY3aw14&feature=channel_page

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 13, 2009

Always Shirtless
Oct 14, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Arooga posted:

thats aye doc he made the thread as a joke :)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Emalde posted:

Tell your friends to stop using "la le li lo lu liao" as periods because holy drat nothing has ever managed to become more of a pet peeve to me while playing lovely korean mmo games, not even a classic brazilian "AHUEAHUEAHUEAHUEA" chortle. :psyduck:

E: actually I take that back the brazilian laugh is more annoying

Reminds me of the constant "jajajajajaja" messages I'd see in Gunbound and Albatross 18. Seems like the new Pangya has helped cut down a bit on international retards, but its still kind of bad. Pubbies will still waste all their expensive items setting themselves up for a hole-in-one shot only to miss by 300 yards and ragequit on the second hole of a match.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Arooga posted:

So he wasn't cheating? Those don't look like impossible shots at all, just a good mix of skill and luck. I've seen that kind of stuff happen in Halo all the time, I don't see why they jump to calling it an aimbot. Whiny little babies.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Do aimbots and poo poo like that actually exist and are they as widespread as the incessant whining of sore losers would lead one to believe?

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.

Shut Up posted:

I've seen that kind of stuff happen in Halo all the time

That's exactly what I was about to say, "strafe across their head and then go back" is exactly how I snipe in Halo 3 - the first time is to make sure your vertical height is at head level. What a bunch of poor losers.

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

Shut Up posted:

So he wasn't cheating? Those don't look like impossible shots at all, just a good mix of skill and luck. I've seen that kind of stuff happen in Halo all the time, I don't see why they jump to calling it an aimbot. Whiny little babies.

Best bit in that video is the headshot to the rocket jumping soldier then the casual body shot to finish.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can see where they are coming from. Unless he is so used to his twitching that he can tell here the dot will go when he twitches, it does look like a hack of some sort. If no one said he wasn't, I'd think he was a hacker.

edit: Nevermind, I see that he is just strafing now.

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

Always Shirtless posted:

thats aye doc he made the thread as a joke :)

Aha, yes. That makes it so much better.

Hamelin posted:

Do aimbots and poo poo like that actually exist and are they as widespread as the incessant whining of sore losers would lead one to believe?

It's so loving obvious when somebody is aimbotting it's insane.

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off

Arooga posted:

It's so loving obvious when somebody is aimbotting it's insane.

It's really not, that's why the debates exist.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

cjksutherland posted:

Yes, it is. People want any excuse for losing and "hacking" is a really easy scapegoat. When someone is actually hacking there is very very little missing and the cursor usually doesn't travel it simply snaps to peoples heads.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
found some videos about aimbots for you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjqEklIbiRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lFl5Jgpbg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlIpZf0LBo

Judge for yourself how obvious they are or aren't

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

cjksutherland posted:

Anybody who has to debate it has not actually seen an aimbot user. Which means they're just a big whiner.

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off

Full Circle posted:

Yes, it is. People want any excuse for losing and "hacking" is a really easy scapegoat. When someone is actually hacking there is very very little missing and the cursor usually doesn't travel it simply snaps to peoples heads.

Guess what, some people are really, really loving good. Also yes, a noob using an aimbot is easy to spot but what happens when a pro uses one? How do you tell? There won't be any snapping.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

haha listen to this dude, he is actually panting from the effort of speaking

belt_sander
Dec 30, 2008

Arooga posted:

That is 100% aimbot. I don't understand how you don't think it is, what with the obvious snapping and lovely aim when it's toggled off(beginning, demo about halfway through).

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lFl5Jgpbg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlIpZf0LBo

Judge for yourself how obvious they are or aren't

If you're going to use aimbot in competitive matches you need to be at least somewhat sneaky about it. That's what the goon guy did- if you ratcheted the poo poo up to where every time you clicked it would snap to some random poo poo's head it would bring even less debate then what's going on here.

belt_sander fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 13, 2009

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

cjksutherland posted:

Guess what, some people are really, really loving good. Also yes, a noob using an aimbot is easy to spot but what happens when a pro uses one? How do you tell? There won't be any snapping.

Do you understand what an aimbot is and does?

-HENRY-
Aug 1, 2009

Aimbots do not turn you 180 degrees with your cross hairs on a guy's face 100 yards away they simply assist you like an enhanced auto aim.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Full Circle posted:

Well it really depends on the desire of the aim-bot writer - you'd have your "pub" level aim-bots which instantly snap to heads through walls 180 degrees and just rape people and be obvious about it, you'd have people who'd toggle every so often but play normally most of the time/when people were watching, you'd have your league-proof aim-bots which wouldn't get caught by any of the automated anti-cheat tools because they were custom written and so unknown, and you'd have your LAN-proof (as in, people could watch over the shoulder and not know this person was cheating) aim-bots which would "correct" your aim if you held down a button. It's possible to make it so the aim-bot doesn't snap to point instantly, just glid3es, it's possible to make it so the aim-bot only targets if it's within x distance/angle of the target...

If you don't play competitively you'll only see option number 1. Some people are just really good at cheating.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

H-T-B posted:

Aimbots do not turn you 180 degrees with your cross hairs on a guy's face 100 yards away they simply assist you like an enhanced auto aim.
Some can.

e;fb

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 13, 2009

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

H-T-B posted:

I used to have one for CS 1.5 that did exactly this. It had plenty of options to adjust the cone it would snap to peoples heads, the amount of recoil reduction, and where on the player model it would aim to (head, neck, body, nuts). I mostly did really obvious poo poo like AWP'ing everyone the second I could see them but it was incredibly easy to set it up so it was unnoticeable apart from the fact I was headshotting people with the Glock from across the map.

-HENRY-
Aug 1, 2009

Sorry, I should have worded that differently.

Yes you can do that, but it's so loving obvious that it will get you reported and/or banned instantly, so it's not very practical, especially if you've got it to always headshot. Although I bet it wouldn't matter as long as you had it hit their torso.

Isko
May 20, 2008
I have to agree, that does look like clever cheating. All the shots have his aim suddenly jolt towards the target when he shoots, crossing over the head instead of snapping to it. The shots themselves aren't impossible, it just doesn't look legitimate.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

H-T-B posted:

Sorry, I should have worded that differently.

Yes you can do that, but it's so loving obvious that it will get you reported and/or banned instantly, so it's not very practical, especially if you've got it to always headshot. Although I bet it wouldn't matter as long as you had it hit their torso.

There were aimbots you could set up to hit body parts x% of the time, like you could explicitly set percentages on body parts. Something like fallout 3 without the pausing.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

It doesn't really look like an aimbot to me. It looks more along the lines of spazzing out and getting lucky. I play the exact same way.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You never know, those could just be random shots from over the entire night.

belt_sander
Dec 30, 2008

Xinlum posted:

It doesn't really look like an aimbot to me. It looks more along the lines of spazzing out and getting lucky. I play the exact same way.

Cojawfee posted:

You never know, those could just be random shots from over the entire night.

You don't get lucky for ~10 consecutive headshots. It just doesn't happen. It is aimbot.

e: There are sequences of many consecutive kills.
vvvvvvv

belt_sander fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 13, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
These shots didn't all happen right in a row, it's a highlight reel.

I don't play FPSes enough to know that much about aimbot or care, but honestly, he just looks like a spaz to me.

More griefing stories.

Suzumiya Haruhi-tan
Oct 3, 2008

by mons al-madeen
Whenever I snipe people in FPSes I do a luck twitch that looks pretty much exactly like that so I don't think it's hacking.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

belt_sander posted:

You don't get lucky for ~10 consecutive headshots. It just doesn't happen. It is aimbot.

e: There are sequences of many consecutive kills.
vvvvvvv

Plenty of good players pull off many consecutive headshots game after game, he leads his target then twitches sideways across the head. If it was an aimbot it would be so obvious that we wouldn't even be arguing over it.

belt_sander
Dec 30, 2008

Korhal posted:

Plenty of good players pull off many consecutive headshots game after game, he leads his target then twitches sideways across the head. If it was an aimbot it would be so obvious that we wouldn't even be arguing over it.

What the hell? That's not what he's doing at all. You didn't read the last page of posts.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
The only luck I've had so far griefing in SS13 is loving up the shuttle doors. We'll just open the panel, slice all the wires, and bugger on our merry way.

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
As I read through these posts and see this once humorous griefing discussion thread turn into a debate about whether some random guy was using an aimbot or not, I start to feel griefed. Perhaps, meta-griefing?

Anyways, content. In Ragnarok Online it was always easy to grief by outright being rude.

If you had a wizard you could learn the skill "Ice Wall" and spam them all over the main path which would trap most players and force them to take an alternate path for no reason. To add to the griefing you could then spam "Lord of Vermillion" which would shake the screen and make lots of loud, annoying noise, make your victims yell at you in caps about how they are going to report you, and inevitably make the player turn off their effects. Doing so would then make it impossible for them to see the ice walls you were spamming, make them think that their character couldn't move, and allow for phrases like, "I'm a GM and I have control of your character now because you broke a rule" really get under their skin.

With a Novice character that had learned the skill "Play Dead", you could go to a populated area with lots of dead branches (summons random monster), open all of them as fast as possible, play dead, and watch as the monsters all went aggressive and killed everything in sight. The best part was being able to just get back up after it was over and done and be on your merry way.

With a Hunter character there was always an option to lay down traps that would temporarily ensnare any character that stepped in them for about 15-20 seconds each. Of course with a team of hunters and traps being one of the cheapest items in the game, you could imagine how annoying it must of been. What's more annoying is that after a while of no one stepping in the traps they would turn back into a item that could be picked up which made it impossible to walk for awhile as 100 items lay on every pixel you tried to click on to move. Actually if you had a WPE program you could program it to drop items at an insanely fast speed which would leave a whole town being filled with random items every 2 seconds and force players to find something else to do until the spammers had gotten their jollies out of it.

Last but not least I recall that private servers always had one or two graphical glitches that would give everyone on-screen an error and automatically log them out. Usually it would be that an in-game item's image was not in the item folder and putting it on would log you and everyone else on the screen out. Sometimes it would be that there wasn't a sprite file for a certain color/clothes mix and that would result in an error. Anyways, all one would need to do is find the missing image or sprite file on the internet and stick said file into the respective folder and voila, they were immune to getting the error and being force logged out. Needless to say, this was used to grief many events from casual chatting, GM events, weddings, PvP, and WoE (castle siege).

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Drox posted:

I love that one who says spending money is "gay". Adults have disposable income, dear childe!

All of this rage over just shooting fast reminds me of when I used to play GunZ. I was one of those people who griefed unintentionally by just playing the game my way. For those who don't know, GunZ had this really weird physics system that I don't remember the details of, but essentially you could wall jump, switch weapons, and sword dash to fly around. "Pro" games, especially from Korea, latched onto this and used it exclusively. They would dance back and forth in the air, called butterflying or k-style, and attempt to get close enough to either hit you multiple times with their sword or point blank with an insanely high-damage shotgun.

How did I play, you ask? I carried two high-capacity automatic rifles and lured them into narrow hallways, where I could just roll backwards away from their butterfly and magdump into their head. It didn't help that when I was playing, the only headgear you could buy was cash shop, which meant most people didn't have any armor there. It was easy to get several headshots, which would put them down despite the low regular damage of the rifles I used. I got pretty much the same responses fennesz got, except with more Korean/Asian/whoever it is that says "la" all the time flavor. Funnily enough, I had a harder time against people who weren't k-styling "pros" since they would use "cheap" tactics similar to mine, ie, using actual tactics like positioning and ambush rather than flying straight at you.

I'm shocked to see so many Goon actually played GunZ. I'm not surprised at all that all our experiences playing the game sound EXACTLY the same.

I picked the two revolver class set or what ever jumped in a server and all I see are people flipping the gently caress out. Jumping from wall to wall, diving, jumping, this weird rear end dive knife thrust speed move. So what would any one of use do when we see this? The game is called "GUNZ" after all. I shot the poo poo out of everybody. Did pretty well my first couple games. That's when I noticed the chat, OH GOD the chat.

Called me cheap! Can ya believe it? So I thought I'd play there way by just jumping around like an idiot and drat did it hurt my fingers.

gently caress THAT! So I went back to shootin' but I added more dives and moves to it. It didn't take many hits with the revolvers. I'd just dive in the direction these crazy crack fingers players where going and shoot.

Somebody told me I was good at E-style eventually I got some decent revolvers and sold all my clothes. I can't tell you how mad people get from getting killed by a naked dude with dual revolvers. Some players took it upon themselves to find and kill me BEFORE they shot anyone else.

Good times...

The only game where you can grief by just playing the game.

Makes me want to play now.

OH WAIT! What I did was E-Style. Basically it was tumble and shoot. Everyone hates E-style because it actually works against all those k-style kids.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 13, 2009

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, pretty much. What none of these morons really get is that it's far easier to learn how to simply aim and shoot than it is to learn all of those wrist destroying fancy sword moves.

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD
What I always tried to do is just jump around and try to hang on the highest parts of the map and watch people. In the one map that looks kinda like London you can hand from the back of one of the poles in the enemy teams spawn and just watch them go by.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Christ stop loving talking about that lovely game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD

The Third Man posted:

Christ stop loving talking about that lovely game

Well sorry that we're talking about a game people get mad in in a thread about making people get mad at games.

Sheesh.

• Locked thread