Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Some more Space Station 13 goodness. New stuff's getting added all the time. We just got a Gay Disease that causes you to lisp when you speak and make rooms lock-down and go into party mode every time you sneeze. I think your clothes fall off too, but I'm not sure about that.

Marcus Brody posted:

If you don't like clown then you have no showmanship!

Here's a tip: Drop a peel. Drop a backpack over the peel. Wait until somebody slips. Pop out of the locker you were hiding in and HONK HONK. It's called "The Prestige" and it's theatrical as gently caress.

Or, hang out near arrival. Wait until the AI announces a new crewmember. Stand outside the right arrival airlock and drop your peel. The new arrival will push you and slip. HONK HONK! That's called the "First Step" and it's a doozy.

Remember that misery is the mother of all comedy. Drag empty Internals lockers to airless areas (arrival hall is great for this), hide inside, and HONK HONK when the dying assistants crack it open. They can't breathe because they're laughing so hard!
(clowns now spawn with a bike horn you can honk, and a banana you can peel)

We're also in the alpha/beta stages of adding robots as playable roles, and have been working on adding a lab to turn humans into robots. With this, comes brain surgery, and shortly after brain sprites were added Friendly Retard (best gimmick) spent one round collecting as many brains as he could. He ended up getting a collection of 12.

This game is so ridiculously awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This game is so ridiculously awesome.

Speaking of-

In the last round of SS13 I played, Nannek (one of our main coders) added in the completed robotics lab, so there were a bunch of people who ran to medbay to get turned into robots of course.

Now, a sane man would have turned that many away, but as a scientist who had an idea how to streamline the medical processes, I started a queue, putting people on the operating table, "prepping" them by hooking them up to anesthetic, and moving them to a never used room with 6 beds in the corner of medbay to wait for the actual robotics guy, a confused pubbie, to build their new bodies. I managed to get 4 people in there within 5 minutes, despite the previous people yelling at the new people that it was a trap.

I would have filled medbay, had the captain not intervened by igniting a plasma canister in the main area.

So there I was, sitting in this tiny room watching the fire burn, and one of the pubbies was still begging to be taken out of bed. He offered to run out and go for help, a claim which I accepted. I unbuckled him, dragged him to the door by the neck, and tossed him into the flames. "If you're not back in 5 minutes, I'm calling the president." I encouraged him as he burned to death while half-passed out from the anesthetic.

After a minute, I informed the unfortunates still in the room that it didn't look like he had made it, and asked if someone else wanted to volunteer. Osborne McBeef enthusiastically volunteered the silent pubbie next to him, and so the pubbie was next. As before, I grabbed him by the neck, and tossed him out the door to give him a running start. Unfortunately, he didn't make it 3 squares before he stopped moving. "Oh man, you really should have tied your shoes beforehand" I quipped.

By now there were only 2 people left alive. "What's that unknown guy? You want us to run out all together?" I figured we might as well go out with a bang. I grabbed both of the remaining patients, and heroically dragged them through the flames- trying to get to safety, but to no avail. The admins had superheated them, and my mask melted off of my face. As I breathed my last I saw this message-
YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED
Reason- Drugging 4 people and throwing them in a fire.

Prosthetic_Mind fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 21, 2009

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I have a hard time seeing the appeal of playing SS13, it just sounds like you either are buddies with the admin, or you get banned as soon as you do anything successfully.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug
Most of our admins are pretty good, though one or two can get pretty ban-crazy at times. The ban that got thrown on my account for that was just 8 hours, and it got lifted 30 minutes after it was put in place.

These things always happen with new features, back when genetics was updated and superpowers were added in, everyone was rushing to genetics to try out the new powers. Throngs of assistants would break into genetics and murder the geneticist if they weren't given superpowers or allowed to use the machine. After this happened a couple times, it was considered acceptable to turn anyone who was begging for superpowers into a blind epileptic monkey.

Prosthetic_Mind fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 28, 2009

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I've read this entire thread - much of it twice - and the SS13 stories seem to usually end in "and then I got banned because I hadn't told everybody I was a goon."

Excepting the stories where they are the admin, or they already know him.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Prosthetic_Mind posted:

Most of our admins are pretty good, though one or two can get pretty ban-crazy at times. The ban that got thrown on my account for that was just 8 hours, and it got lifted 30 minutes after it was put in place.

These things always happen with new features, back when genetics was updated and superpowers were added in, everyone was rushing to genetics to try out the new powers. Throngs of assistants would break into genetics and murder the geneticist if they weren't given superpowers or allowed to use the machine. After this happened a couple times, it was considered acceptable to turn anyone who was begging for superpowers into a blind epileptic monkey.

This was hilarious, I as Mr McBeef tried to remain attached to my bed but you decided to "save" us all anyway haha

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

coyo7e posted:

I've read this entire thread - much of it twice - and the SS13 stories seem to usually end in "and then I got banned because I hadn't told everybody I was a goon."

Excepting the stories where they are the admin, or they already know him.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree this does seem to be the case, at least to an outside observer. Anyone who the admins don't recognize as a goon is pretty much banned for any reason, while anyone who is a goon is pretty much allowed to completely run amok regardless as to whether they're the traitor.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, I kind of have to agree this does seem to be the case, at least to an outside observer. Anyone who the admins don't recognize as a goon is pretty much banned for any reason, while anyone who is a goon is pretty much allowed to completely run amok regardless as to whether they're the traitor.

I have to disagree - unless you've got a dragonball z themed key you're pretty much all on an equal level in my eyes. If you do something awesome/funny, I give you a bit of leeway in future, and if you're continually awful you'll get poo poo on.

I try not to have favourites; yesterday a group of 3 pubbie engineers were being awesome with the challenges I threw at them, so I rewarded them all with an item spawned of their choice. I haven't spoken to any of them since, either - so it's not like you have to be an admin buddy or a goon to get ahead.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
This one happened last night on Left 4 Dead. Myself and three others were on the No Mercy finale on advanced difficulty. All of us had survived to the end and were heading to the helicopter. All of us were limping and on very low health, it hadn't been a good run, mainly thanks to the idiot who was playing as Louis.

Right as the helicopter arrives, I get pounced by a flaming hunter. Although it's quickly knocked off, I am incapped. Me, instead of being a dick, tell them all to save themselves and leave me. Louis would have none of this. He miraculously gets me up in a swarm of horde and I somehow stumble onto the helicopter while in the black and white. The other two teammates have been either smoked off the ledge or boomed by this point, so they're royally hosed. Just me and Louis. He gets free of the infected and can make it to the chopper to safety. I was having none of this. I fire one round of my pistol at him to incap him. I was the sole survivor and the Louis player knew exactly why he didn't make it.

Usually, this wouldn't be anything special, since whenever I play Left 4 Dead I try and usually incap at least one teammate at the escape finale. But if a teammate saves me and is generally not useless, I don't like to target them. But this Louis guy really had it coming. I don't think I've ever felt so satisfied while flying away from that hospital. My excuse during the credits was that I didn't think the helicopter could take off with the extra weight.

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

I observed the same when admin/coder for SS13 - apparently it works for them still (not sure why the pubbies continue to return =P)

Nannek
Apr 20, 2006

UOI

Kelson posted:

I observed the same when admin/coder for SS13 - apparently it works for them still (not sure why the pubbies continue to return =P)

Neither do I...

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Vib Rib posted:

Have you played lately? This really shouldn't be much of a problem, particularly since our Alluvion authentication now identifies goons in the player list, completely eliminating a step in the discrimination! Honestly though, most of the admins get pretty irritated by people using SA membership as a free pass to be a oval office.

The problem with SS13 is that most of the fun comes from griefing, and even the admins love a creative grief... which means we're stuck choosing between intervening and doing our jobs or sitting back and watching how the scene unfolds as a guy is tied up in the chapel, given a backpack full of bombs and made to answer trivia questions in exchange for their freedom.

...or force half the crew to dine in our bloodstained café that we built in the abandoned chapel (which later inexplicably caught fire) while we ran around collecting more customers. Dead or alive, depending on how quietly they went.

(also holy poo poo the game used to be a lot uglier before our resprite project)

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

Enallyniv posted:

(also holy poo poo the game used to be a lot uglier before our resprite project)

Yea, holy poo poo y'all made some nice improvements to the sprites. Kudos whoever pulled it off.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

coyo7e posted:

I have a hard time seeing the appeal of playing SS13, it just sounds like you either are buddies with the admin, or you get banned as soon as you do anything successfully.

I was playing a round today and, after some poo poo went down, I headed for the Emergency Shuttle port to wait for the shuttle and wrap up the round. As I approached the area, I passed another Security Officer(I was playing one too), who immediately threw the area into lockdown and pulled out his taser gun. Naturally, this set off all sorts of alarms in my mind. Naturally, I beat him over the head with the toolbox I had handy.

As I'm smashing this guys face in, an Admin comes over the chat asking why I'm killing this poor sap. Figuring I had done nothing wrong, I reply that he had triggered a lockdown and pulled his weapon and I assumed there were shenanigans afoot given the time and palce.

As it turned out, I was beating the admin over the head. v:v:v

He teleported me to the prison station (which was a total dick move and he should've taken his lumps) and I figured I was stuck there. Until (I assume) another one of the admins made me a traitor, which gave me a fun little device that let me teleport in some items that let me break out of my cell. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way off the prison station once you get there, even with a special cardkey that can open any door. :saddowns:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was trying to grief tonight by blocking off hallways by screwing window frames into the floor. Too bad I got outgriefed by someone changing all the floor sprites into animated gifs. That made the game run even worse than the regular ten frames per second and had to quit.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

Rathen posted:

I have to disagree - unless you've got a dragonball z themed key you're pretty much all on an equal level in my eyes. If you do something awesome/funny, I give you a bit of leeway in future, and if you're continually awful you'll get poo poo on.

Ultimately this isn't even remotely true. Rathen and Okand both permaban goons at the drop of a hat. The current philosophy followed, as quoted in the SS13 thread, is "Either do your job or prepare to be permabanned".

They don't seem to want people on who want to grief or play in any way which even slightly undermines their authority, so here's fair warning.
I've been playing for about a year now with no problems, and just got permabanned for complaining about their anti-grief attitude.

The round I got banned in was pretty hilarious though- someone spawned the gibbing disease on the station, and everyone rushed to medbay for the cure. Sure enough, I was fast enough to steal a pill bottle of it and take the medicine before it killed me, but the medicine has the side effect of giving you seizures and stuff. Appropriately enough, a doctor by the name of Li'l Hitler showed up, and started giving random pills to people who were on the floor seizuring, resulting in additional ailments like constantly falling asleep, and stuttering. Pretty soon the whole place was filled with people who would stand up, stutteringly try to call for someone to kill him, and fall back down either in a seizure or through narcolepsy. I managed to take the taser off the belt of a nearby security officer as I woke up, but passed out again before I could get him. Sure enough, as I woke up, Li'l Hitler was coming towards me with another menacing bottle of pills. I somehow managed to pick up the taser and hit him with it a couple times without passing out, and even managed to start choking him out before Rathen banned me for talking about how I disagreed with his banning policies.

Prosthetic_Mind fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 28, 2009

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

SpazmasterX posted:

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way off the prison station once you get there, even with a special cardkey that can open any door. :saddowns:

There's a shuttle back to the station, but it can probably only be called from the station. The prison is on the same Z-level as CentCom, however, so you can try building a space bridge there and surprise everyone when they arrive on the emergency shuttle.

Goons definitely don't have free reign to grief in SS13. Okand/ViktoriaSA especially will ban players for the slightest reasons, goon and pubbie alike. Besides, it's usually random violence and destruction that gets you banned. That's not a fun grief anyway, since that happens almost every SS13 round. It's better to grief in more subtle ways, like stealing the janitor's signs so everyone gets angry at him when they slip and fall on the wet floors, and that sort of thing isn't going to get you banned.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Really, I love open-source, open-ended games and I refuse to play SS13 because the admins are seriously the worst. Guess what, you're 100 times whinier and worse than the pubbies when you go around banning people and show favoritism!

Figure out in-game ways to deal with stupid violence or go home. It's not the pubbies who are coming of looking like pathetic griefees in these testimonials.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hey you stupid faggots this isn't the SS13 thread it's the griefing thread share griefing stories and shut the gently caress up about SS13 admins jesus loving christ.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

I Love You! posted:

Really, I love open-source, open-ended games and I refuse to play SS13 because the admins are seriously the worst. Guess what, you're 100 times whinier and worse than the pubbies when you go around banning people and show favoritism!

Figure out in-game ways to deal with stupid violence or go home. It's not the pubbies who are coming of looking like pathetic griefees in these testimonials.
Have you ever actually tried to moderate a game of Space Station 13? You know, that game where the in-game security force is treated essentially as a vending machine for weapons and armor? Dealing with poo poo (say, for example, idiots running around attacking people!) in-game isn't just awkward to set up, it's near drat impossible when there's in the ranges of 40-60 players online, each player running on their own little agenda. In short: people are lovely and in the time it takes to ~ROLEPLAY~ one incident, there's another six going on at the same time.

Creative griefing is still wonderful, though.

There was a guy yesterday stunning and restraining new arrivals, dragging them to the dormitories, stripping them naked and tying them to the beds with nothing but a top-hat on. Nobody knew what the gently caress, and nobody bothered to stop it because even the victims were finding it pretty funny.

e: and yeah Thunderbreasts has the idea, go make suggestions in the SS13 thread if you can think of a better way of running the game. :)

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 28, 2009

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hey you stupid faggots this isn't the SS13 thread it's the griefing thread share griefing stories and shut the gently caress up about SS13 admins jesus loving christ.

well the admins are getting griefed then acting like babies, it's pretty relevant

quote:

Have you ever actually tried to moderate a game of Space Station 13? You know, that game where the in-game security force is treated essentially as a vending machine for weapons and armor? Dealing with poo poo (say, for example, idiots running around attacking people!) in-game isn't just awkward to set up, it's near drat impossible when there's in the ranges of 40-60 players online, each player running on their own little agenda. In short: people are lovely and in the time it takes to ~ROLEPLAY~ one incident, there's another six going on at

It's the same problem you see in any game with team damage turned on. It's understandable that certain roles have a lot of power but honestly if security guards have too big a role in ruining the game they should be changed or the job should only be assigned based on votes or some poo poo. Totally arbitrary administration is the worst loving way to police an open-ended game and makes everyone involved look really sad.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 28, 2009

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

I Love You! posted:

I've tried to play this game numerous times because of the griefing possibilities.. but I have no idea what I am doing. I tried looking for a guide, but the one I found is really confusing. I don't even know how to put on clothing/equipment I pick up.

Any help would be great.

Suzumiya Haruhi-tan
Oct 3, 2008

by mons al-madeen
Hey whiny babies stop whining about how you got banned from SS13 already. You're not even that good at griefing.

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009

An Outland Dish posted:

In Ragnarok Online it was always easy to grief by outright being rude.

I only played when iRO first came out and it was quite fun putting portals to Glasthelm or some place dangerous on the exit of towns.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Earth and Beyond was an MMO by Westwood that got low-balled on an advertising budget after the EA acquisition and was doomed to a short life, which helped me never play an MMO ever again, because I really loved playing it too much to try anything else.

Anyway, it was a horribly unbalanced space game where the only really FUN thing to do was combat, but there were two other types of experience that were a real pain in the rear end to get without doing boring job runs. Dying in combat would give you experience debt that was a real pain in the rear end to deal with as well as hurt your equipment. When you died you could turn on an SOS beacon or fast travel to the last station you docked at. If one of the two classes that could Jumpstart was in the sector, you might get a nice experience debt reduction if they were kind enough to help you.

I liked using the Jenquai Explorer class, which was very stealthy to begin with but also could cloak, and could jumpstart people. This isn't really me griefing people because I never was cruel enough to charge money for it, it's more about people griefing themselves. In this case, begging for a Jumpstart when they're obviously still in the vicinity of a monster that was capable of incapacitating them. I suppose it could be grief that I never attacked the monster myself and always just sat there cloaked. Anyway, many times some foolhardy person would get 4 or 5 JSes in a row getting screwed by a monster that had some horrible debuf, and I would just sit there and laugh at them. They're taking all this experience debt and equipment damage because either the station they're registered to fast travel to is too far away (sometimes if you had bad faction certain stations wouldn't let you register) or they're just loving stupid. Really anyone with a real life would be fine with experience debt, because an 8-hour break from the game will wipe all experience debt entirely anyway. At least that was kind of nice.

I always liked that character/species because they could cloak and mostly focused on beam weapons, so you could really piss off people by just suddenly appearing and bug zapping a mob they'd been carefully kiting past you.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 28, 2009

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

vandelay industries posted:

I've tried to play this game numerous times because of the griefing possibilities.. but I have no idea what I am doing. I tried looking for a guide, but the one I found is really confusing. I don't even know how to put on clothing/equipment I pick up.

Any help would be great.

I tried playing it for the first time today as an assistant, head of security asked me to a room, where he then beat me and killed me and stuck me in a morgue chamber.. guess I got grieved from the start

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

vandelay industries posted:

Any help would be great.

Step 1: Find toolbox
Step 2: Find jerk
Step 3: Mix vigorously

That's basically the long and short of SS13.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

The Incredible Ed posted:

Step 1: Find toolbox
Step 2: Find jerk
Step 3: Mix vigorously

That's basically the long and short of SS13.

And if a security officer is being a dick - or just looking at you the wrong way, call him out over the radio and hordes of assistants will be on him with toolboxes, regardless of what he may or may not have done.

John Pastor
Jan 5, 2007

I think I'd like to hold off judgment on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in... I don't think it's quite fair to condemn the whole program because of a single slip up, sir.

thelightguy posted:

And if a security officer is being a dick - or just looking at you the wrong way, call him out over the radio and hordes of assistants will be on him with toolboxes, regardless of what he may or may not have done.

On the other hand, if the traitor jumps you out in space and starts clubbing the poo poo out of you, don't bother asking for help. No one's going to believe your wild claims of battery, and the fact that you're no longer responding to radio calls isn't going to help your absurd accusations any.

edit: Whoops poo poo thought this was the SS 13 thread. Done that twice today.

John Pastor fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 29, 2009

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Hey guys I admin on SS13 KEEP THAT OUT OF THIS THREAD GODDAMN.

In other relations, all the contributions to this thread are pretty much gold.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TwingeCrag posted:

Hey guys I admin on SS13 KEEP THAT OUT OF THIS THREAD GODDAMN.

In other relations, all the contributions to this thread are pretty much gold.

I guess some people don't like bad press...

Besides, the SS13 thread is full of nothing but page after page of goons asking begging to be unbanned.

One of my favorites for griefing was Phantasy Star Online.
The only thing you had to do was be good at playing a RANGER (shooty), or FORCE-type(read: magic-user), and wipe out the monsters and whore the experience with just a few spells before the melee classes could even get in range. The experience worked almost like FF8; it was shared, but the if only one guy hits and kills it, he gets the majority. To get an equal amount, other players would have to hit it too.

They (pubbies) ended up creating this whole code of conduct for the game when multiplaying.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 29, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Bad press, nothin'. None of that was about me anyway. It's just irritating to see several posts of bitching about admins in the SS13 thread (when we've made a separate forum for that crap so the SA thread can be more about actual discussion) and then see the same stuff in a completely unrelated thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mister Macys posted:

They (pubbies) ended up creating this whole code of conduct for the game when multiplaying.

I love when there is a code of conduct. My style of play always breaks the code.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Ah yes, I love breaking stupid server house rules.

Like good ol' fashion spawn camping, the oldest grief in the book. Makes people angry no matter the circumstance. Never mind that in Team Fortress 2 the spawn area is protected and can't be entered by the enemy team. Never mind that it's only possible to camp outside of spawn, it's still spawn camping to them and boy does it make people ANGRY. I used to play engie exclusively to spawn camp. There's another goon called Sardonic that does the same thing with the demo, and he's better at it. Every TF2 server I'm banned from is for spawn camping, the way I see it if they are gonna enforce dumb rules then I don't wanna play there anyway. :colbert:

I miss the Party Princess Palace server with all those surf maps where if you reached the end you could get to enemy spawn and actually camp them inside the spawn room.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Mister Macys posted:

The experience worked almost like FF8; it was shared, but the if only one guy hits and kills it, he gets the majority. To get an equal amount, other players would have to hit it too.
]]

Actually, in PSO, if you only hit the enemy you got 70% of the experience. If you killed it, you got 100%. If you never touched it at all, 0%.

Some of us still play PSO:Blue Burst on PC and I have an S-Rank Hell Needle. It's a gun that hits up to 5 enemies at once and kills them instantly.

So much rage.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

John Pastor posted:

edit: Whoops poo poo thought this was the SS 13 thread. Done that twice today.

Don't worry, apparently it is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Justice posted:

Actually, in PSO, if you only hit the enemy you got 70% of the experience. If you killed it, you got 100%. If you never touched it at all, 0%.

Some of us still play PSO:Blue Burst on PC and I have an S-Rank Hell Needle. It's a gun that hits up to 5 enemies at once and kills them instantly.

So much rage.

Oh, my bad. I haven't played since the Cube days.
I'm waiting for the DS one though. :3:

And that Needler is mentioned specifically in the whole etiquette thing.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Sanctum posted:

Ah yes, I love breaking stupid server house rules.

Like good ol' fashion spawn camping, the oldest grief in the book. Makes people angry no matter the circumstance. Never mind that in Team Fortress 2 the spawn area is protected and can't be entered by the enemy team. Never mind that it's only possible to camp outside of spawn, it's still spawn camping to them and boy does it make people ANGRY. I used to play engie exclusively to spawn camp. There's another goon called Sardonic that does the same thing with the demo, and he's better at it. Every TF2 server I'm banned from is for spawn camping, the way I see it if they are gonna enforce dumb rules then I don't wanna play there anyway. :colbert:

Spawn camping on TF2 is hilarious if you can get small teams. You'll get overwhelmed on larger servers, but if it's something like 5 on 5 then all you usually need is a medic and demoman. I can't imagine how enraged someone would get if a pyro, demoman, medic and engineer put a mini-base right in front of spawn though. You would have to hide in spawn and build up an ubercharge just to get out.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Oh I don't mind the admins, I was just pointing out that playing as security is pretty much setting yourself up to be griefed. Nothing is better when you're the traitor than calling out the one security officer who's on to you for some imagined fault and passing him in the hallways ten minutes later minus radio, ID, weapons, and internals.

E: Woah, refresh and read thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

thelightguy posted:

Oh I don't mind the admins, I was just pointing out that playing as security is pretty much setting yourself up to be griefed. Nothing is better when you're the traitor than calling out the one security officer who's on to you for some imagined fault and passing him in the hallways ten minutes later minus radio, ID, weapons, and internals.

E: Woah, refresh and read thread title.

I'll agree with that sentiment. I tried to play SS13 a few times and basically got griefed just for picking security- any time I tried to actually do my job (and I was trying to do it correctly), I'd get toolboxed to death by some vigilante protecting my "victim".

• Locked thread