Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Justice posted:

Actually, in PSO, if you only hit the enemy you got 70% of the experience. If you killed it, you got 100%. If you never touched it at all, 0%.

Some of us still play PSO:Blue Burst on PC and I have an S-Rank Hell Needle. It's a gun that hits up to 5 enemies at once and kills them instantly.

So much rage.

I want one...so jealous :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

AkumaHokoru posted:

I want one...so jealous :(

check the PSOBB thread in private servers... we've got a team and an IRC channel.

S-Ranks are available by completing Challenge Mode, and you can put almost any special you want on them at the price of 50 Photon Drops.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Spawn camping: the epitome of creative griefing

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Griefing doesn't have to be creative to be effective. If you can get people to rage, it worked.

Slowpoke! posted:

Spawn camping on TF2 is hilarious if you can get small teams. You'll get overwhelmed on larger servers, but if it's something like 5 on 5 then all you usually need is a medic and demoman. I can't imagine how enraged someone would get if a pyro, demoman, medic and engineer put a mini-base right in front of spawn though. You would have to hide in spawn and build up an ubercharge just to get out.

I've only successfully spawncamped in TF2 a couple times, and only with a demoman on 2fort. Sticky bombs are great for camping. It would generally take at least two demos to stall long enough to get a sentry up, though.

However, that's why each team has two spawn rooms on 2fort, and the second one is a bit harder to camp since it has two exits.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

IARC, when Goldrush was first introduced, the BLU spawn on stage 3 didn't have a door. At all. Get a couple of heavies and a medic, maybe an engineer for backup, and have a good time. You might even give up 2 at the last moment just to do that.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

flatluigi posted:

Spawn camping: the epitome of creative griefing

In tf2 it is since the game has measures built in to prevent it.

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923
I don't know if this has been brought up before or not (I read the first 10 pages) but Halo 2 was freaking amazing for griefing.

1. You and a buddy are on one xbox (splitscreen) and sign up for a Team Slayer (4v4) game. You and the buddy end up on the same team always in this mode.

2. You and the buddy both set "Handicap" to max. This has 2 effects:
a. Your weapons do basically no damage
b. You are really easy to kill

3. Start dumping machine gun clips into your teammates (it will do basically no damage to them). They will often shoot you back just a little bit as a way to say, hey stop it. But they don't realize that you have a handicap on and they end up killing you. This is a TK for them.

4. Repeat until you are offered the ability to boot the other players off your team for TKing (making it 4v2) or they just leave because they see there is no way they are going to win.

5. At this point the score should be about 10-0 in favor of the other team. A halo 2 game is about 15 minutes long and you're only about 1 minute or 90 seconds in at this point.

6. One of the 2 people in your splitscreen leaves the game making it 4v1. Now tell the other team over the mic to have fun during the next 13 minutes, futilely trying to get to the 50 kill cap. They are in a lovely situation because if they don't wait it out, they get penalized for leaving a game. Also indicate to them that you have changed the channel on the TV and are now watching The Simpsons.

Needless to say handicap got removed from Halo 3.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's why I like TF2. No one gives a poo poo about their K/D ratio, no one cares about "DUDE I'M A loving GENERAL IN COD4 I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT." Play a game for fun, if some guy is grieving you, just find a new server with no penalties.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Tellara posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up before or not (I read the first 10 pages) but Halo 2 was freaking amazing for griefing.

1. You and a buddy are on one xbox (splitscreen) and sign up for a Team Slayer (4v4) game. You and the buddy end up on the same team always in this mode.

2. You and the buddy both set "Handicap" to max. This has 2 effects:
a. Your weapons do basically no damage
b. You are really easy to kill

3. Start dumping machine gun clips into your teammates (it will do basically no damage to them). They will often shoot you back just a little bit as a way to say, hey stop it. But they don't realize that you have a handicap on and they end up killing you. This is a TK for them.

4. Repeat until you are offered the ability to boot the other players off your team for TKing (making it 4v2) or they just leave because they see there is no way they are going to win.

5. At this point the score should be about 10-0 in favor of the other team. A halo 2 game is about 15 minutes long and you're only about 1 minute or 90 seconds in at this point.

6. One of the 2 people in your splitscreen leaves the game making it 4v1. Now tell the other team over the mic to have fun during the next 13 minutes, futilely trying to get to the 50 kill cap. They are in a lovely situation because if they don't wait it out, they get penalized for leaving a game. Also indicate to them that you have changed the channel on the TV and are now watching The Simpsons.

Needless to say handicap got removed from Halo 3.

God, I had forgotten about that handicap. Why in god's name did they even put it in there? Only thing I can think of is "We kicked your rear end and we all had a handicap, nubs."

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

m2pt5 posted:

Griefing doesn't have to be creative to be effective. If you can get people to rage, it worked.

Completely true. This whole "Well, that just isn't creative enough. :smug:" attitude in this thread is getting old. If spawn camping and teamkilling gets the tears flowing and some 16-year-old kid loses his poo poo and starts hurling oh-so-original burns at me and calls me a "fat human being shitstain" which makes me laugh heartily, mission accomplished.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Creative griefing is entertaining and should be posted. Uncreative griefing, even if it gets the same amount of tears flowing, is just boring to read.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cojawfee posted:

That's why I like TF2. No one gives a poo poo about their K/D ratio, no one cares about "DUDE I'M A loving GENERAL IN COD4 I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT." Play a game for fun, if some guy is grieving you, just find a new server with no penalties.

Hahaha are you kidding? You've been lucky enough to not join a server where there are two or three people barking orders / STRATEGY over the mics nonstrop, haven't you.

I usually float around until I hit one of these, and go to town with my battle-hardened medic.

Thankfully, for each of these servers there are at least 3-4 servers where everyone's laid back and goofing off too. TF2's usually a pretty chill game, but some people treat it deathly serious.

And those people get an rear end full of syringes and bottleguy.jpg sprays.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

Hahaha are you kidding? You've been lucky enough to not join a server where there are two or three people barking orders / STRATEGY over the mics nonstrop, haven't you.

I encounter this, but I usually just grief them by mimicking them and shouting my own orders in a higher voice. Not original, but gets the job done.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Code Jockey posted:

And those people get an rear end full of syringes and bottleguy.jpg sprays.

"bottleguy.jpg? What's that? Better hop over to Google Image Search...AUGH!"

I have just been griefed by this thread.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cojawfee posted:

I encounter this, but I usually just grief them by mimicking them and shouting my own orders in a higher voice. Not original, but gets the job done.

Yeah, those types usually fall under the "griefs themselves" category just by virtue of taking a video game so seriously.

Ape, I hear you. :(:hf::(

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

apekillape posted:

"bottleguy.jpg? What's that? Better hop over to Google Image Search...AUGH!"

I have just been griefed by this thread.

I'm imagining filling the bottle with vinegar and baking soda, and turning it into a cannon.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bieeardo posted:

I'm imagining filling the bottle with vinegar and baking soda, and turning it into a cannon.

Ahahaha that's amazing

And yeah, I love using that as a spray. It usually goes

*spray*
[5 minutes pass]
Over the mics: OH GOD WHAT IS THAT SPRAY IN THE BASE JESUS CHRIST

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well, I don't feel like viewing shock images today. Could you perchance describe it?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

A naked man standing in a field with a large glass bottle stuck up his rear end with the neck sticking out.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

El Negocio posted:

A naked man standing in a field with a large glass bottle stuck up his rear end with the neck sticking out.

Yep. Far as I know it's been around roughly since goatse, but goatse is just so played out.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

In halo 2 and 3, letting the other team board the turret on your warthog then chasing down your own team was some of the most fun I've had playing video games.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

El Negocio posted:

That's a relief, I thought it was going to be the other one. The one with the bottle that broke.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's a relief, I thought it was going to be the other one. The one with the bottle that broke.

Ugh christ

I want to make people uncomfortable, but not that uncomfortable. :gonk:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Gorilla Salad posted:

This may be the only situation in which I was relieved that it was just a dude with an intact bottle up his rear end.

Also: That was a jar, wasn't it?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

flatluigi posted:

Creative griefing is entertaining and should be posted. Uncreative griefing, even if it gets the same amount of tears flowing, is just boring to read.
Well I'm sorry bro I just wanted to get the thread going in a direction other than talking about not talking about SS13 anymore.

Code Jockey posted:

Ahahaha that's amazing

And yeah, I love using that as a spray. It usually goes

*spray*
[5 minutes pass]
Over the mics: OH GOD WHAT IS THAT SPRAY IN THE BASE JESUS CHRIST
I was on a TF2 server earlier today that not only listed the name of the person who made a spray, but their steam ID as well. Probably because of guys~like~you. The TF2 community is such a bunch of loving nancies it makes me sad, back in the prime days of TFC if you played for more than an hour chances are you were going to see words like "assfucker" and "niggerdeath" dropped at least once.

Now it's all about 'mature' gamers who are very mature because maturity is all about taking video games seriously, and that's what they do!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah, I hate that "Sprayed By: _____" crap. Really makes it hard to escape punishment for "colorful" sprays. :v: I've had numerous occasions where people would get really angry on the voice chat trying to find who did it, but more and more servers have that stuff built in. So dumb, just spray your generic naked woman spray over it and be done you dumb babies

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Someone needs to come here and post the "chair duel" stories from the first few days of Champions as I haven't been to the furry club yet. I don't think the furry population is unusually high, but in a game with costumed heroes they sure stand out like a sore thumb there.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

joshtothemaxx posted:

Someone needs to come here and post the "chair duel" stories from the first few days of Champions as I haven't been to the furry club yet. I don't think the furry population is unusually high, but in a game with costumed heroes they sure stand out like a sore thumb there.

This has nothing to do with chair-dueling, but during the Open Beta I recently went around with a character named "Dr. Death" who was a doctor with a hood on. I hung around the tutorial zone berating people on their unoriginal and terrible costumes. I would never have believed I would receive so many death threats from so many people. Especially the furries, they always have a bio which I like to quote back to them as they type at me in all caps.

Freeze
Jan 2, 2006

I've never seen it written so neatly

Had another fun griefing moment in Metastasis earlier. One of the random events spawns a "Pirate Space Vessel" that flies around shooting anything it can. You can board it with a ship and kill the pirates inside. Then you destroy the console which initiates the self destruct sequence for the pirate vessel. The pirate vessel only has two docking bays for ships.

So my friend and I dock on the pirate vessel together in one ship. Just afterwards another player takes up the other docking spot. All three of us kill the pirate crew and then start working on taking down the console (which takes quite some time to kill). When it's almost dead I tell the other player to finish the console off and my friend and I head back to the ships. I get into my ship, my friend gets into the other player's ship. Just as we launch the other player destroys the console and initiates the 45 second self destruct sequence. We then got to enjoy his progression over those 45 seconds from:

"got the console!"
to
"hey wheres my ship"
to
"wtf you fuckin bastards took my ship"

fuck you aurora
Jan 1, 2007

by mons all madden
I am sure this has been mentioned, but making creative sprays in CS and TF2 of either a sniper or a crouching T and spraying them strategically behind boxes or areas where people would camp would be the best.

It would help you do two things

1. Confuse the hell out of the other person
2. Give up their position by firing first

I used to have a spray of a T early in 7.6beta of CS and I would mess with the CT team with it. Especially when we would rush early and get into interesting spots.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

gently caress you aurora posted:

I am sure this has been mentioned, but making creative sprays in CS and TF2 of either a sniper or a crouching T and spraying them strategically behind boxes or areas where people would camp would be the best.

I used to have a spray of a T early in 7.6beta of CS and I would mess with the CT team with it. Especially when we would rush early and get into interesting spots.

This is actually a really good one, and it loving gets me whenever I try to play CS:S "seriously". I dunno if it's a grief technically, but it's a clever trick.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

gently caress you aurora posted:

I got tricked pretty good by a spray-on dispenser. I must have shot ten rockets at that thing before I realised it wasn't real.

The worst thing was this was over the course of two lives. I gave away my position once, got killed, and then I did it again after I respawned.

So for anybody looking to do this trick themselves in TF2, use a dispenser. I know I will. Perfect size for a spray, nobody expects it to move, and they can take a few hits so you'll have idiots who keep attacking them.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Freeze posted:

Had another fun griefing moment in Metastasis earlier. One of the random events spawns a "Pirate Space Vessel" that flies around shooting anything it can. You can board it with a ship and kill the pirates inside. Then you destroy the console which initiates the self destruct sequence for the pirate vessel. The pirate vessel only has two docking bays for ships.

So my friend and I dock on the pirate vessel together in one ship. Just afterwards another player takes up the other docking spot. All three of us kill the pirate crew and then start working on taking down the console (which takes quite some time to kill). When it's almost dead I tell the other player to finish the console off and my friend and I head back to the ships. I get into my ship, my friend gets into the other player's ship. Just as we launch the other player destroys the console and initiates the 45 second self destruct sequence. We then got to enjoy his progression over those 45 seconds from:

"got the console!"
to
"hey wheres my ship"
to
"wtf you fuckin bastards took my ship"

This sounds like fun, can you give more info about the game? Google only talks about that singleplayer HL2 mod.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

A friend of mine successfully griefed a furry TF2 server by changing his spray to gross pictures of fox-hunts. Stuff like this:

:nws: http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/fox-hunt-04.jpg, http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/fox-hunt-02.jpg :nws:

Any decent person would be offended by them anyway but it really struck a nerve (the death threat kind) with furries.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

El Negocio posted:

A friend of mine successfully griefed a furry TF2 server by changing his spray to gross pictures of fox-hunts. Stuff like this:

:nws: http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/fox-hunt-04.jpg, http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/fox-hunt-02.jpg :nws:

Any decent person would be offended by them anyway but it really struck a nerve (the death threat kind) with furries.

I found a furry TF2 server last time I was making the rounds, and now I know how to handle the situation in the future.

Freeze
Jan 2, 2006

I've never seen it written so neatly

Drox posted:

This sounds like fun, can you give more info about the game? Google only talks about that singleplayer HL2 mod.

It's a Warcraft III mod/map actually. It's a lot of fun to play, and the griefing comes naturally in a lot of cases because a large part of the game is based on convincing other players you aren't infected. Also another huge benefit: the game lets you change your name in game so if an idiot keeps hosting it you can keep joining his game without him recognizing who you are.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/metastasis-137920/?prev=search%3Dmetastasis%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

If anyone wants to play with us you can send me a PM I suppose.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Code Jockey posted:

I found a furry TF2 server last time I was making the rounds, and now I know how to handle the situation in the future.

How exactly would one find a "furry" server if one was bored and wanted to hear hilarious said death threats?

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Why do furries even need their own server? Do they play differently than everybody else, or do they just like to gather in one place so that they can be griefed more easily?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Charles Martel posted:

How exactly would one find a "furry" server if one was bored and wanted to hear hilarious said death threats?

Gah, I can't remember the name of it, but I remember it popping up in the server browser a number of times, so I think it's a major server. And I'm pretty sure there's some furry keywords or something in the name, it should be easy to pick out.

And furries need their own server because they are different and special. Though continuing what you said chwoka, who cares why if it makes them easier to grief? I think furries might be as easy targets as armchair TF2/CS:S generals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Code Jockey posted:

And furries need their own server because they are different and special. Though continuing what you said chwoka, who cares why if it makes them easier to grief? I think furries might be as easy targets as armchair TF2/CS:S generals.

As an admin for HellMOO, I sometimes fancy myself a look at the top text-based online games according to polling servers. From mudstats.com:

That number is usually anywhere from 50-100 people off depending on how big the game is, but this never fails to floor me every time I check out stats.

• Locked thread