Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Midget
Oct 7, 2000

dw06WU posted:

Are you sure it's a 500 and not a 250?? That seems pretty low.

Yeah i'm sure it's a Ninja 500 and not a 250, they're located in the boonies and since they have two of them they're looking to get rid of the bikes to get some cash flow. I'd actually prefer a 250 but for this price it's a really good deal. I'm really not sure whether to buy a 2009 ninja new for 3500 and pay the premium for insurance or to buy a used bike from Craigslist.

I really want a cruiser but I figure I can hold onto this bike for a while and then trade it for a cruiser eventually.

Tall Midget fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
If it's such a good deal and you really would rather have the 250, why not get the 500, sell it and buy the 250? Not withstanding the advice normally given to get a used bike for your first one. You could always play the idiot when selling the 500 if you need a reason, say something about thinking it was a 250 when you got it.

And again the advice for any taller would-be riders, look at dualsports. I loved learning on a dualsport, easy to turn, great visibility, comfortable and fun.

dw06WU
Aug 25, 2002
el burro

Tall Midget posted:

Yeah i'm sure it's a Ninja 500 and not a 250, they're located in the boonies and since they have two of them they're looking to get rid of the bikes to get some cash flow. I'd actually prefer a 250 but for this price it's a really good deal. I'm really not sure whether to buy a 2009 ninja new for 3500 and pay the premium for insurance or to buy a used bike from Craigslist.

I really want a cruiser but I figure I can hold onto this bike for a while and then trade it for a cruiser eventually.

Insurance on Ninjas really is not that bad. I was paying 28/mo for full coverage on my '05 500cc. Also you can cancel it during the winter months.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
^^^Depends on what state you live in. Some insurance companies will report you to the DMV and make you turn in your tag as well.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
The insurance companies around here weigh the summer months higher than the winter ones towards your yearly premium. So June - August is like 70% of the yearly cost and months like Dec-Jan are around 8%. What it means is that if you cancel you get next to nothing back.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001

philkop posted:

On height issue. How are the svs for height. Id be getting a pointy naked model. I'm on the upper side of 6 4. Before someone says go sit on one at the dealer, iv tried, they don't have any 08s left. But I have sat on my dream bike the street triple and it fits like a glove. the two similar in size?

I sat on the Street Triple as well, and it was a tiny bit small for me. I'm 6'5". The Speed Triple was a perfect fit for me. That being said, the SV was very small for me, and completely uncomfortable. The tank cutouts are in the wrong place and it's just cramped in general. I'd go for the Street/Speed if budget allows.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
What does CA think about Husaberg? Specifically a plated 99' FE510 for $1,900? I was thinking about just throwing a lowball offer of $1,600 and if the owner took it, it might be a fun toy to drive the 4 miles to work sometimes. I know it will have more maintenance and the parts will be more expensive but its sure cheaper than a DRZSM or other Husky or KTM bikes and I don't have to cry myself to sleep when I tip it over.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Mcqueen posted:

What does CA think about Husaberg? Specifically a plated 99' FE510 for $1,900? I was thinking about just throwing a lowball offer of $1,600 and if the owner took it, it might be a fun toy to drive the 4 miles to work sometimes. I know it will have more maintenance and the parts will be more expensive but its sure cheaper than a DRZSM or other Husky or KTM bikes and I don't have to cry myself to sleep when I tip it over.

Sounds pretty awesome. I think they've got absurd maintenence schedules and poor parts availability, but for 1600$ as a second bike, who cares. I'd check out thumpertalk.com and supermotojunkie.com to see what they say about them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

philkop posted:

On height issue. How are the svs for height. Id be getting a pointy naked model. I'm on the upper side of 6 4. Before someone says go sit on one at the dealer, iv tried, they don't have any 08s left. But I have sat on my dream bike the street triple and it fits like a glove. the two similar in size?
I'm 6'1" and I ride an SV, and it fits me well enough. That said, I sat on a Street Triple a couple weeks ago and I found it noticeably more comfortable. I'm very strongly debating going back and buying it. The SV feels just a bit more cramped than the S3R.

Tall Midget
Oct 7, 2000

dw06WU posted:

Insurance on Ninjas really is not that bad. I was paying 28/mo for full coverage on my '05 500cc. Also you can cancel it during the winter months.

Well if it's a brand new model the insurance is really high. I compared quotes on the brand new 09 ninja and an 08 model the insurance is significantly lower. It was like 3x higher on the 09 model for some reason.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

It's essentially a naked Hayabusa, not really recommended to newish riders. :v:

Give it like, 5 years and I'll have one of those with a massive turbo hanging off the side, though.

There's an Aussie bike journo who runs a forum I post on that has been given a BKing by Suzuki AU to work over. After having a ~1500cc big-bore kit and custom cams fitted by the guy who runs the Aussie Suzuki SBK team it's just dropped 210whp and 130ft/lb. And it's got every bit of CF Powerbronze makes, and getting some BST CF wheels.

gently caress.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

2ndclasscitizen posted:

gently caress.

That's a pretty good summary, in fact.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

There's an Aussie bike journo who runs a forum I post on that has been given a BKing by Suzuki AU to work over. After having a ~1500cc big-bore kit and custom cams fitted by the guy who runs the Aussie Suzuki SBK team it's just dropped 210whp and 130ft/lb. And it's got every bit of CF Powerbronze makes, and getting some BST CF wheels.

gently caress.

:swoon:

Do you have pics or a link to a thread? Toss it up in the discussion thread so we can avoid derailing this thread more :)

Tall Midget
Oct 7, 2000
So I went by the dealership and bought a new Ninja 500R for $3798 OTD. I still have the cashiers check with me however so I haven't purchased it outright yet and they are delivering the bike next week. So I was shown a Ninja 500R which I thought was the bike I was buying but they said they had a new one in the crate. I wanted to see the bike just to make sure and they said they had to move it out of a warehouse and it would take 30 minutes so I waited. The bike was apparently purchased from Kawasaki via online auction, when they showed the bike I was getting it had a dent in the gas tank cover which they are either repairing or buying a new cover for. Also the bike was pretty dirty but the dealer said that's how they come from the manufacturer after being shipped. Should I be wary of the bike being dirty or anything like that?

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

Would an xr1200 be a terrible bike to learn on?This would of course be after taking the msf. I'm 23 and fairly level headed, I'm the kind of person who will be very cautious and take things slow, but I guess everyone says that haha. Thanks for the help guys.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

SpellEdge posted:

Would an xr1200 be a terrible bike to learn on?This would of course be after taking the msf. I'm 23 and fairly level headed, I'm the kind of person who will be very cautious and take things slow, but I guess everyone says that haha. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm no expert, but I will say this: from googling, it looks like that bikes makes 90hp. I am a new rider just starting out on a Honda Rebel 250 that makes 17.5hp. It feels plenty quick. I cannot fathom 90hp, it's got to be like strapping your dick to a rocket. Take the MSF and see how "fast" you think the bikes they have are before committing to that 1200.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tall Midget posted:

So I went by the dealership and bought a new Ninja 500R for $3798 OTD. I still have the cashiers check with me however so I haven't purchased it outright yet and they are delivering the bike next week. So I was shown a Ninja 500R which I thought was the bike I was buying but they said they had a new one in the crate. I wanted to see the bike just to make sure and they said they had to move it out of a warehouse and it would take 30 minutes so I waited. The bike was apparently purchased from Kawasaki via online auction, when they showed the bike I was getting it had a dent in the gas tank cover which they are either repairing or buying a new cover for. Also the bike was pretty dirty but the dealer said that's how they come from the manufacturer after being shipped. Should I be wary of the bike being dirty or anything like that?

This sounds somewhat suspicious, but if it's a zero mileage bike with no damage, youcould have just gotten a good deal.

SpellEdge posted:

MSF first, then find a cheap beginner, and then buy your XR. It's not hugely powerful, but you will be sad if you drop a 12k bike making a newb mistake.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Tall Midget posted:

Being purchased through online auction by the dealership, and being dirty/having some cosmetic damage like that, it might be as simple as something was dropped on the bike and they couldn't sell it normally. If its "new," are they giving you any kind of guarantee/warranty on it?

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

Z3n posted:

MSF first, then find a cheap beginner, and then buy your XR. It's not hugely powerful, but you will be sad if you drop a 12k bike making a newb mistake.

this is what I figured, just needed to hear it again. thanks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SpellEdge posted:

this is what I figured, just needed to hear it again. thanks.

No problem.

And trust me when I say, anything with 28 or more HP is going to feel pretty drat fast to you. The XR will be an awesome second bike.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100
Nighthawk 650, ok or horrible beginner bike? Our family friend and mechanic has offered to let me use one to learn on till I get my own bike. I've been practicing on it to get basic shifting down and the like before I do my MSF and it seems good for my height but also seems heavy and a bit powerful.

Tall Midget
Oct 7, 2000

sirbeefalot posted:

Being purchased through online auction by the dealership, and being dirty/having some cosmetic damage like that, it might be as simple as something was dropped on the bike and they couldn't sell it normally. If its "new," are they giving you any kind of guarantee/warranty on it?

Oh yeah, it's sold as new and I have the factory warranty and I can buy an extended warranty if I wanted.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

This (http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/1350592597.html) SV650 just popped up on CL pretty close to me. I emailed him with a list of questions concerning maintenance, tires, condition, issues, etc will see what he says.

If he gets back to me and its still available I think I will go take a look at it tomorrow after work. The price doesn't seem too bad, maybe a little high for a 99 with 35k but if its clean and well cared for it might be worth it. Will see if I can talk him down a bit depending on how the bike looks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

This (http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/1350592597.html) SV650 just popped up on CL pretty close to me. I emailed him with a list of questions concerning maintenance, tires, condition, issues, etc will see what he says.

If he gets back to me and its still available I think I will go take a look at it tomorrow after work. The price doesn't seem too bad, maybe a little high for a 99 with 35k but if its clean and well cared for it might be worth it. Will see if I can talk him down a bit depending on how the bike looks.

Make sure he did the valve adjustments too. I had a 99 with 135k on it, including 2 seasons of racing with the PO that went to 140k before the transmission fragged. Engine was fine but a little down on power. So they'll go the distance with proper care.

I'd try to talk him down to below 2000$, but if it's well cared for, 35k is just getting broken in for an SV.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Anyone in Toronto area want to buy me a bike for $500? I promise to pay you back. You even get the priveledge to ride it to BC for me!

Good god it's a nice deal.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1350149260.html

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Z3n posted:

Make sure he did the valve adjustments too. I had a 99 with 135k on it, including 2 seasons of racing with the PO that went to 140k before the transmission fragged. Engine was fine but a little down on power. So they'll go the distance with proper care.

I'd try to talk him down to below 2000$, but if it's well cared for, 35k is just getting broken in for an SV.

I went and looked at it, just got home. Cleanest SV I've seen, it had a couple scratches on the end of the right handlebar and a scratch from a helmet on the hanger. The M4 slip on exhaust sounds great. Not mentioned in the ad was a battery tender, external locking helmet holder and service manuals.

I was the third person to see the bike. The first person offered one low ball offer the second offered 1900. I'm paying 2000 for it, a little more than I planned to pay for a bike that year but for the condition it is in I think I will be happy with it. I got pick it up this weekend, didn't have cash on me tonight or straps and a ramp. She was selling it because she picked up a Honda 599, real nice people and offered to take me riding on some of their favorite roads once I get my license and some time under my belt.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

I went and looked at it, just got home. Cleanest SV I've seen, it had a couple scratches on the end of the right handlebar and a scratch from a helmet on the hanger. The M4 slip on exhaust sounds great. Not mentioned in the ad was a battery tender, external locking helmet holder and service manuals.

I was the third person to see the bike. The first person offered one low ball offer the second offered 1900. I'm paying 2000 for it, a little more than I planned to pay for a bike that year but for the condition it is in I think I will be happy with it. I got pick it up this weekend, didn't have cash on me tonight or straps and a ramp. She was selling it because she picked up a Honda 599, real nice people and offered to take me riding on some of their favorite roads once I get my license and some time under my belt.

Cool, sounds like you got a good deal on a great bike. I love those M4 exhausts, too. Looking forward to some more pics of it and stuff when you pick it up.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

MrZig posted:

Anyone in Toronto area want to buy me a bike for $500? I promise to pay you back. You even get the priveledge to ride it to BC for me!

Good god it's a nice deal.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1350149260.html

Holy poo poo. How far is Toronto from San Diego? Not that far right?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
So...

Today I looked at a pristine SV650, and it was too costly to buy. I didn't want a bike that I could possibly mess up as a beginner biker.

I also looked at a 1998 Ninja 500R, with 11,xxx miles. It had a cracked front fairing (around the turn signals), a bent brake lever, and a bent brake pedal. Both exhausts were scraped up a bit. From the previous owner. Other than that, it was in great shape and it rode great - no vibrations, no rattles - from what I could discern as a cycle noob. Chains, etc. looked fine. He said oil was changed about every 1,000 miles.

The guy wanted $1750 for it, and I negotiated him down to $1,500 from the above defects.

It had Pirelli Sport Demons, and was lowered by 1.5 inches in the back. Guy says he had bought it a month ago as his 3rd EX500, and was now selling it as he had to replace the carpet in his house as "priorities came first."

He said that the Ninja being lowered could easily be fixed, and he showed me two similar-looking pieces which went underneath the tail somewhere around the front-most sprocket area. He said it would be about a hour's work, and that he'd show me more and to ask Ninja 500 forums for some assistance.

What do you guys think? I want to switch out the front fairing to a streetfighter-style look, so I don't really care about the cracked fairing. I'll be replacing the lower brake pedal and the brake handle, are those easy to replace? How about the lowering thing, is it really that easy to lift it back up?

Anything particular I should check out before I make the final transaction (tomorrow)? It looks like I'll be going with this one as there aren't any other Ninja 500's around here in my price range (under 3000).

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 1, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

the walkin dude posted:

So...

Today I looked at a pristine SV650, and it was too costly to buy. I didn't want a bike that I could possibly mess up as a beginner biker.

I also looked at a 1998 Ninja 500R, with 11,xxx miles. It had a cracked front fairing (around the turn signals), a bent brake lever, and a bent brake pedal. Both exhausts were scraped up a bit. From the previous owner. Other than that, it was in great shape and it rode great - no vibrations, no rattles - from what I could discern as a cycle noob. Chains, etc. looked fine. He said oil was changed about every 1,000 miles.

The guy wanted $1750 for it, and I negotiated him down to $1,500 from the above defects.

It had Pirelli Sport Demons, and was lowered by 1.5 inches in the back. Guy says he had bought it a month ago as his 3rd EX500, and was now selling it as he had to replace the carpet in his house as "priorities came first."

He said that the Ninja being lowered could easily be fixed, and he showed me two similar-looking pieces which went underneath the tail somewhere around the front-most sprocket area. He said it would be about a hour's work, and that he'd show me more and to ask Ninja 500 forums for some assistance.

What do you guys think? I want to switch out the front fairing to a streetfighter-style look, so I don't really care about the cracked fairing. I'll be replacing the lower brake pedal and the brake handle, are those easy to replace? How about the lowering thing, is it really that easy to lift it back up?

Anything particular I should check out before I make the final transaction (tomorrow)? It looks like I'll be going with this one as there aren't any other Ninja 500's around here in my price range (under 3000).

Sounds alright. The lowering links are easy to install, and if you don't care about the crappy cosmetics, sounds like it could be an alright buy. 1500$ isn't the best deal for it, but it's not horrible either. Brake pedal and lever are easy to replace.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

EndofGoogle posted:

Nighthawk 650, ok or horrible beginner bike? Our family friend and mechanic has offered to let me use one to learn on till I get my own bike. I've been practicing on it to get basic shifting down and the like before I do my MSF and it seems good for my height but also seems heavy and a bit powerful.

They're decent bikes. They've got only something like 60-65hp. It's on the high side of 50hp, but eh... They're mother loving bitches to work on. Since it's complete and working, I'd be ok with purchasing it. But you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY must keep on top of keeping it going. That means, never letting it sit for more than a week without running it. Keeping the battery charged, or at least taking it for consistant long-ish rides, and throw a bottle of fuel system cleaner in on a regular basis.

You do not, ever, want to need to work on it.

taketheshot
Sep 18, 2002
Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha FZ6R? The reviews I've read all seem positive, and it seems like it would be a good bike to jump to from a Ninja 250. I think I'm also in love with the Triumph Street Triple R, but I'm kind of unsure about Triumph reliability, plus its a couple of thousand dollars more expensive.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

taketheshot posted:

Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha FZ6R? The reviews I've read all seem positive, and it seems like it would be a good bike to jump to from a Ninja 250. I think I'm also in love with the Triumph Street Triple R, but I'm kind of unsure about Triumph reliability, plus its a couple of thousand dollars more expensive.

You're looking at 2 fairly different bikes here. The FZ6R is aimed at the beginner market with a seriously detuned engine (66hp, holy poo poo), where as the speed triple is a proper sport standard with high quality, fully adjustable suspension and a 100hp engine.

You don't have to be concerned about modern Triumph reliability, the 675 is a very proven engine at this point.

If you're relatively confident in your riding skills, I'd personally go with the Triumph. If you're not quite comfortable enough to handle 100hp yet, I'd honestly say hold off awhile until you get more comfortable and then buy the Street Triple R anyways.

The FZ6R is essentially a heavier, more expensive, fully faired, I4 SV650.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Ok so I've got my Pre Learners course coming up this weekend and after that's gone I'm going to have to look into buying a bike. Unfortunately the Australian market doesn't seem as cheap as the US one so I'm going to need to spend a bit more. So first bike thoughts anyone? I'm 6'5" and probably weigh 220-240lbs (197cm / 100-110kg's) so this might make a 250 Ninja a bit small for me.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

Ok so I've got my Pre Learners course coming up this weekend and after that's gone I'm going to have to look into buying a bike. Unfortunately the Australian market doesn't seem as cheap as the US one so I'm going to need to spend a bit more. So first bike thoughts anyone? I'm 6'5" and probably weigh 220-240lbs (197cm / 100-110kg's) so this might make a 250 Ninja a bit small for me.

GS500 or ER-5. What state are you in?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Tell me more about the SV650.

I'm hoping to replace the Nighthawk next year, and I've been looking at 750+ cc v-twin cruisers; I don't care for the inline-4's peakiness. Problem is...they're cruisers. Meh. (They fit my laid-back riding style, but look so drat silly.)

Here's the deal: I'm 6'2" (34" inseam), 265 lbs. I ride a lot of backroads in hilly areas, and would rather use the powerband than row gears. I would also like to do some light touring (200-300 miles in a day, with several breaks).

So, will I fit on it comfortably? Is the riding position upright enough to save my wrists? (I'm not amused by unfaired sportbikes being represented as "standards".) Does the torque curve make up for the relative lack of displacement? How's the long-distance comfort?

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

GS500 or ER-5. What state are you in?

NSW

You've pretty much confirmed what I'd previously heard, just thought I'd check again to make sure I was on the correct path. (and that I was going to have to fork out about $5k)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Those will do you well. Although there's a good selection of Supermotos on the LAMS list. How deep is your wallet, you could go for an Aprilia SVX.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

Nerobro posted:

They're decent bikes. They've got only something like 60-65hp. It's on the high side of 50hp, but eh... They're mother loving bitches to work on. Since it's complete and working, I'd be ok with purchasing it. But you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY must keep on top of keeping it going. That means, never letting it sit for more than a week without running it. Keeping the battery charged, or at least taking it for consistant long-ish rides, and throw a bottle of fuel system cleaner in on a regular basis.

You do not, ever, want to need to work on it.

Hmmm, what makes it so horrible to work on? It did seem like it sat awhile in the shop but it started up with a battery charge and runs fine when I practice on it. Is it going to blow seals all over the place if I take it for more than a 25min jaunt around the industrial park it lives at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

Tell me more about the SV650.

I'm hoping to replace the Nighthawk next year, and I've been looking at 750+ cc v-twin cruisers; I don't care for the inline-4's peakiness. Problem is...they're cruisers. Meh. (They fit my laid-back riding style, but look so drat silly.)

Here's the deal: I'm 6'2" (34" inseam), 265 lbs. I ride a lot of backroads in hilly areas, and would rather use the powerband than row gears. I would also like to do some light touring (200-300 miles in a day, with several breaks).

So, will I fit on it comfortably? Is the riding position upright enough to save my wrists? (I'm not amused by unfaired sportbikes being represented as "standards".) Does the torque curve make up for the relative lack of displacement? How's the long-distance comfort?

The riding position is upright enough to save your wrists. The torque curve, well, you're making roughly 40 foot pounds of torque from 3k, so it pulls around just fine. With me and my g/f 2 up, it was still quite good, although a tad slower than I'd like. We're around 300 pounds combined. The SV would be great for 200-300 mile days. The other nice thing about bikes with handlebars is that if you don't like the bars, you can just find a cheap replacement set and bend them around until you've got something that you like.

The other thing is that I4 peakiness is really a characteristic of I4s under 1000ccs. The bandit 1200, ZX12, ZRX1100-1200, etc. are all 4 cylinders without that peaky feel. For example: The bandit 1200 makes roughly 70 foot pounds of torque from 2000 RPM.

And the SV isn't a naked sportbike, really. It's an actual standard, a bike designed to do anything, go anywhere, and be good at all of it. The S model is kinda sportbike-ish, it's got the looks, but a real sportbike has some form of (major) racing pedigree backing it, as well as quality stock suspension, and that's sadly lacking in the SV.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 3, 2009