Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Nasty Kerm posted:

I had to google kodomo no Jikan, and ended up on youtube. That was awful, they dont even try to hide the sexual undertones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDgcQWyME8

I pretty much did :aaaaa: in real life, where I kept inhaling and pulling back away from the monitor because it just kept getting worse and worse. :gonk:

Anyways, to add to the thread- at what point does the amount of time spent on the grief make the execution of the grief not worth it? Because under the tutelage of some more advanced players, I've been trying my hand at recruitment-griefing in eve, and 90% of the time t's just not worth it. Sure, the occasional guy who you get to sign over his life saving to you, give you half his posessions, then lead them to their deaths is pretty funny, but I just find it way too much chaff to sift through to get to the wheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I Left My Heart in Stamford Bridge

Nasty Kerm posted:

I had to google kodomo no Jikan, and ended up on youtube. That was awful, they dont even try to hide the sexual undertones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDgcQWyME8

I clicked some persons profile and she had a ss with like a tower of cocks in it. This second life is really strange. Some guy had a picture of himself in his profile and his bio explained he had 6 months left to live due to something to do with his liver.

Jesus loving Christ, that poo poo is horrible. I couldn't even make it to the into sequence.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

GetWellGamers posted:

Anyways, to add to the thread- at what point does the amount of time spent on the grief make the execution of the grief not worth it? Because under the tutelage of some more advanced players, I've been trying my hand at recruitment-griefing in eve, and 90% of the time t's just not worth it. Sure, the occasional guy who you get to sign over his life saving to you, give you half his posessions, then lead them to their deaths is pretty funny, but I just find it way too much chaff to sift through to get to the wheat.

It depends -- it's pretty much indefinitely worth it if stringing them along is entertaining to you, and also more worth your time if you're multitasking with something interesting, instead of just waiting on your marks.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to reign in on sharing your Second Life activities until you've, you know, griefed somebody? Or just make a LP.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Nasty Kerm posted:

:gonk:

I know someone got permabanned for posting a thread about that show in ADTRW.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Phuzzy posted:

Actually, the mods take it one step further and perma people that talk about it, I think. Sort of like the Desert Eagle ban in TFR. Thank loving God.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, if you're not mentioning it in the context of it being horrible then you'll probably be banned.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Virtual pedophilia is bannable in SL, so feel free to report anyone you find engaging in it to Linden.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

-Troika- posted:

Virtual pedophilia is bannable in SL, so feel free to report anyone you find engaging in it to Linden.

When did this start?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Phuzzy posted:

When did this start?

Maybe a year or so ago? Someone did an expose on this sort of poo poo-- I can't remember if it was the Safari, or if it was Warren Ellis, or if it was someone else entirely, but LL came down on it like a ton of virtual bricks.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I got really lucky last night in my Left 4 Dead grief. We started out on Death Toll on advanced. Once everyone loaded up, I grabbed a shotgun and incapped our Francis player. Nobody really saw this, and apparently I was the only one with a mic. So I accuse the guy playing Louis of being the one who incapped our teammate. What do you know it, my other teammate did my dirty work for me and downed the Louis guy.

Never before did I realize that I could "stealth" kill someone in a game that says pretty blatantly "Cakefarts! hit blahblahblah" when I friendly fire someone. And then, on top of that, get the teammates to turn on each other. It was like something out of a whodunit.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

Bieeardo posted:

Maybe a year or so ago? Someone did an expose on this sort of poo poo-- I can't remember if it was the Safari, or if it was Warren Ellis, or if it was someone else entirely, but LL came down on it like a ton of virtual bricks.

There were several articles in the Wall Street Journal about how hosed up SL is and how the writer tried to set up like a mini-WSJ office and it was instantly surrounded by "perverted sex dungeons."

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
I needed to get some items back in TF2, I think you can guess the reason why, when I got into an achievement_heavyultimate server. This server has 16 bots on it on red, and you're supposed to go on blue. Well, I was having none of that! One heavy later, and I'm standing on top of a supply cabinet, blasting away at the straight line that is where the blue team spawns.

Only one guy threatened to ban my steamid. But he apparently couldn't do it on the spot, so ten more days! It's been nice knowing you guys!

After 900 or so points, I got kicked by the admin, since apparently votekick, voteban, etc. etc. don't exist on the server- 208.43.15.32:27015

Dejah Vue
Apr 7, 2009

Soth posted:

I needed to get some items back in TF2, I think you can guess the reason why, when I got into an achievement_heavyultimate server. This server has 16 bots on it on red, and you're supposed to go on blue. Well, I was having none of that! One heavy later, and I'm standing on top of a supply cabinet, blasting away at the straight line that is where the blue team spawns.

Only one guy threatened to ban my steamid. But he apparently couldn't do it on the spot, so ten more days! It's been nice knowing you guys!

After 900 or so points, I got kicked by the admin, since apparently votekick, voteban, etc. etc. don't exist on the server- 208.43.15.32:27015

I was on this server just now. 23 kills, 1 death.

Disconnected: Kicked by Administrator

Aww..

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

Drox posted:

Just to make sure I understand, you get a friend on the opposite team to jump in your jeep (or whatever) and this gives you free reign to commit vehicular homicide against your teammates? Excellent.

Thats pretty much how it worked when I last played it. I dont know if they've disabled this poo poo yet.

Also, another FPS game with vehicles that was funny to grief was crysis. You could tip a humvee over onto its roof using a strength punch. Typically if someone is in it they'd get pissed off that the car is now effectively unuseable. They've now patched it so they respawn; however, originally they'd sit there on their rooftops forever as it was almost impossible to punch it back upright once it was upside down and the game figured not to respawn it because it was sitting in its spawn position. The icing on the cake came from when someone was standing on the other side of the car as it rolled on top of them killing them. It would count as a player suicide and they'd lose points.

The banana plantation level with the dome in the middle was an excellent map to do this on as both teams had two jeeps at spawn and everyone wanted to get in it at the beginning of a round.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

GetWellGamers posted:

I pretty much did :aaaaa: in real life, where I kept inhaling and pulling back away from the monitor because it just kept getting worse and worse. :gonk:

10 hour hero griefing is much more entertaining, though not profitable generally, unless you can get a faction pimped Navy Raven to run missions with you. It takes a good 2 hours to get into the corp and get ready, but that's ok. Yes, the pubbies are absolutely horrible to listen to and try to fit in with, but that just makes the moment where you show your true colors and blow up their Orcas and Hulks so much better.

Also, Goonfleet is about to start a pretty large-scale grief, we've war-decced an Empire research alliane and will be blowing up everything they have. We haven't even fired a shot yet and they are already weeping - here's the alliance mail we sent to them using one of our infiltrators, followed by a small selection of alliance chat tears. Remember, we haven't even killed anything yet.

quote:

Hello infidels. I represent the Grand Shiekh karttoon. This alliance has been found providing research to infidel mining operations, which are in turn used to manufacture vessels used to defile our holy belts. We have now declared a Jihad on your alliance, and every POS anchored in space will be promptly attacked and destroyed in order to serve the great one in his quest to protect our holy land.

You may pay 100mil for each pos anchored up to 300mil to karttoon, as a token of support for our cause and a disgust towards your alliance activities to be spared our wrath. If your POS is reinforced, this price goes up to 3 billion isk. If you leave the alliance without paying, you will be decced and your assets will still be destroyed as we will not turn a blind eye to historical activities of a crusader.

Allahu Akbar. There is no god but Allah, and karttoon is his prophet.

quote:

> Isn't GoonSwarm huge?
> yes.
> and crazy in the head.
> 6 some odd thousand members
> Ouch
> And when they say Jihad, they mean it.

> how long will this last against the goons
> Forever!
> a week, or until they get bored
> can't they keep it up pretty much indefinately?
> 2 weeks, tops probably
> Nah, if we don't give them targets, they'll move on to greener pastures
> longer if we try to fight them.. basically just like with any wardec just leave them alone and dont give them kills..
> I think they're more interested in the POS's
> I'm actually kind of curious to see if they stage large ops to knock down the research poses
> ah poo poo
> I suppose they could...
> i just don't want to lose my research progress

If there's any interest, I may post some more info as poo poo happens.

edit - removed names just in case

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 4, 2009

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dramatika posted:

If there's any interest, I may post some more info as poo poo happens.

edit - removed names just in case

Eve isn't my kind of game, and I'm far too lazy to try to get into it.

But I love the stories. You keep posting updates or I swear, I'll find you. :doom:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
It makes me want to play Eve every time. My goodness.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

apekillape posted:

It makes me want to play Eve every time. My goodness.

The problem with EvE is that you get all these great stories, but the actual individual player is playing something more akin to an accounting simulator than an epic space battle simulator.

I just so happen to like accounting simulators.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't play EVE, but hearing the fantastic exploits of goons in it never gets old.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Ask and ye shall recieve.

http://picon-fleet.blogspot.com/

Read that site from the bottom to the top. We still haven't fired a shot yet, except for one suicide gank of a blockade runner. The wardec doesn't go active for another 4 hours or so. :laugh:

In case you are not familiar with POS set-up mechanics, it is the most soul crushing thing ever and the only thing I can think of to compare it to is a mixture of Excel spreadsheet used for accounting and the loving Final Fantasy X lightning-dodge mini-game/grind. It can take hours to set up a tower.

Freeze
Jan 2, 2006

I've never seen it written so neatly

Freeze posted:

Had another fun griefing moment in Metastasis earlier. One of the random events spawns a "Pirate Space Vessel" that flies around shooting anything it can. You can board it with a ship and kill the pirates inside. Then you destroy the console which initiates the self destruct sequence for the pirate vessel. The pirate vessel only has two docking bays for ships.

So my friend and I dock on the pirate vessel together in one ship. Just afterwards another player takes up the other docking spot. All three of us kill the pirate crew and then start working on taking down the console (which takes quite some time to kill). When it's almost dead I tell the other player to finish the console off and my friend and I head back to the ships. I get into my ship, my friend gets into the other player's ship. Just as we launch the other player destroys the console and initiates the 45 second self destruct sequence. We then got to enjoy his progression over those 45 seconds from:

"got the console!"
to
"hey wheres my ship"
to
"wtf you fuckin bastards took my ship"

Got another one of these, except we trapped him on the pirate vessel as the player ships destroyed it. Ted Nugent was in a ship being hit by a pirate vessel. My friend and I trapped Engineer Chuck Norris (DG) on the pirate vessel. Medic Joe Dirt was his friend in a different ship watching it all go down. Then everyone had a good laugh about it.

Click here for the full 1225x470 image.

Click here for the full 1225x470 image.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Yeah, I can't stand actually playing EVE, but I read about the poo poo that gets done and it makes me want to be a part of it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's this Metastasis? I've never heard of it before.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Aranan posted:

Fear griefing

I miss things like this in EQ. More more if you have any! I played a druid, so there were never any creative griefs other than just blatantly being a cock.

Freeze
Jan 2, 2006

I've never seen it written so neatly

SynthOrange posted:

What's this Metastasis? I've never heard of it before.

Its a Warcraft III mod. I've explained what it is in this thread already, but basically it's 12 humans in space, 1 is an alien in disguise and 1 is a mutant in disguise.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Dramatika posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve.

http://picon-fleet.blogspot.com/

Read that site from the bottom to the top. We still haven't fired a shot yet, except for one suicide gank of a blockade runner. The wardec doesn't go active for another 4 hours or so. :laugh:

In case you are not familiar with POS set-up mechanics, it is the most soul crushing thing ever and the only thing I can think of to compare it to is a mixture of Excel spreadsheet used for accounting and the loving Final Fantasy X lightning-dodge mini-game/grind. It can take hours to set up a tower.

i never really got into Eve, but basically,
1. Goonfleet declares war, but it takes a certain length of time before the declaration becomes valid.
2. Subject of said declaration says gently caress it, and dismantles all of their poo poo and has a fire sale because there is no way they can win
3. ??????
4. Profit

am i reading this correctly?

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah I'm not getting that eve grief. Sure I guess you made them go away but they don't even seem angry about it.

Epicurus
Jan 18, 2008
I hope I can change my title later on...

semper wifi posted:

Yeah I'm not getting that eve grief. Sure I guess you made them go away but they don't even seem angry about it.

A true griefer learns to survive, in times of lean hunting, on imagined or anticipated unhappiness rather than actual. This is known as "The true Tao of being an rear end in a top hat to strangers"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Phuzzy posted:

Posting in ADTRW at all should result in a permaban.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I use Xbox live, so it's relatively easy to grief pubbies with a minimum of effort. The other day I was playing GTA IV. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a terrible shot with pretty much all weapons, but I'm lethal with melee weapons. This is a problem in GTA IV.
This is because when you deftly outmaneuver d0ngzmast3r's rockets and assault rifle rounds, and take him down with your bowie knife or baseball bat, he doesn't really like it. When people get this angry over nothing, you can't help but egg them on.
One guy got so angry when I stabbed him off his bike that he tried to chase me down with a helicopter. Unfortunately, he didn't bother to refill his health, so as he bared down on me, miniguns blazing, I managed to roll out of the radius of the rotors. I kept on doing it for about 6 or 7 passes, never losing any health, before I got off a round with my lovely pistol.
Incredibly, I managed to get him in the head through the cockpit, killing him. He immediately ragequit, and proceeded to send me a stream of angry messages telling me all about his uncle at Microsoft who'd ban me for hacking.
Apparently, lots of whiny Americans can't understand my (admittedly very thick) accent either, so I get lots of 12-year olds telling me my voice is gay as well. Xbox Live: the online multiplayer experience where you can piss people off just by opening your mouth!

Epicurus
Jan 18, 2008
I hope I can change my title later on...

SteadfastMeat posted:

I use Xbox live...

Not so much a grief IMO as simply being really good at the game and encountering stupid people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Xbox Live: Six million uncles working at Microsoft.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Xbox Live: Six million uncles working at Microsoft.

Qualifications for working at Microsoft:

1. Uncle.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

dragon1972 posted:

It's called The Furry Pound.

I jumped on that server and my spray was a roadkill fox. I kept hitting it with the pyro's axe throughout the round at spawn. I got a few reactions from it and got 1 on FRAPS

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Somebody mentioned spawn camping in TF2 a few pages back.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

:smug:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Epicurus posted:

Not so much a grief IMO as simply being really good at the game and encountering stupid people.

Normally I'd never have made that shot, it was a total fluke. Situations like that seem to aggravate people further, particularly in FPSs when someone's on a mad streak and you fire off a round from the hip and hit them in the head by accident or something.
Do moments like that count as griefing? The players on the recieveing end seem to get awfully mad about it, so whatever works I guess.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.
This thread has inspired me to create a SL account. I downloaded it tonight and played around a bit. After I got the hang of the controls, I opened the map and teleported to the first group of green dots I found.

Naturally, it was a furry sim.

I'm currently wearing a Devastator costume, and I picked up a pack of gestures. I more or less spent a half-hour making the furries watch a transformer dance around to "CAPTAIN...JEAN-LUC PI-CARD OF THE U-S-S...ENT-ER-PRISE!" and "MIKO MIKO NURSE!", with interpsersed conversation such as "BOW TO MEGATRON", "MEGATRON DEMANDS YOUR OBEDIENCE" and "WHAT IN GALVATRON'S NAME IS GOING ON HERE".

A few of them tried to teleport away, but they were simply upstairs in the same building, so I just floated up to them and continued to dance until I got bored. An interesting note, however, is that most of the room doors I checked were unlocked. I'm thinking there's potential there for more shenanigans.

Bonus video of me trying to figure gestures out, and then using them to harrass said furries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPIx-3JdE4

Admittedly, this was pretty weak, but I'm new to Fraps, SL and griefing, so you'll have to bear with me. Would love to meet up with other goons in SL some time to do something funny and creative. I'm in as CapnJadz Helstein.

Also, in case anyone was curious, the bug that allows you to enter a locked house by selecting a chair to sit on still works. Someone's going to have to show me how to use the cool stuff, like placing pictures or dumping tons of dancing penises into someone's house so they see it next time they log in. I'm sure I can think of something more creative that that, but I like to start small when I'm learning something new ;)

Jadz fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 15, 2009

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Jadz posted:

Also, in case anyone was curious, the bug that allows you to enter a locked house by selecting a chair to sit on still works. Someone's going to have to show me how to use the cool stuff, like placing pictures or dumping tons of dancing penises into someone's house so they see it next time they log in. I'm sure I can think of something more creative that that, but I like to start small when I'm learning something new ;)

I haven't played it in a year or two, but it was funny to find houses that you could spawn objects in and replace all the framed pictures in their house with pictures of your own guy and whoever you were with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SteadfastMeat posted:

GTAIV

GTAIV in free mode (or whatever it's called) is just ripe for this.

Step 1: Listen for pubbies wanting to do something in particular, eg ride in the skate park, go to strip club etc etc
Step 2: Crash helicopter into them.
Repeat...

• Locked thread