Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.
Allison and Snaps are just nuisances at the park, teaming up against one dog at a time to herd it around. Some don't mind and will start running so they have to chase him, but others run for their owners.

It's cute and it seems most owners don't mind, but Snaps can be awfully noisy.

Also: Allison loves swimming in the troughs of water they have :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinktier
Aug 8, 2007

Dei gratia regina fidei defensor
When I go hiking, Cable will just run away with strangers on the trail and walk beside them as though they have been friends forever. I was walking through a schoolyard offleash with him the other day, and he ran up to a bunch of girls who were done with soccer practice, and just walked with them their van. They asked him to join their soccer team :3:

What the gently caress do you want?

Just airing out my balls.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

noelcat posted:

Balls

NWS that poo poo.

These are a bit old, but I like them :3:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.
I just found some videos from when Allison was a puppy that I had uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii55uDkabrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG96QRMIZYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtFyKuWMHQ

:3: Puppy cuteness. :3:

TheLoveliestRedhead fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 9, 2009

bitreaper
Jan 1, 2007

Please excuse the quality of some of these, and the mess in the apartment.
This is Darwin, with a brief cameo by his sister Edward.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Guess who helped man the table during the weekend during a small festival in Chicago?

Pooptron2003
Jan 20, 2006

It's not what you think.

I am in LOVE with the markings on your dog. LOVE.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
Snarf and Lola aka: dumb and dumberer

Lola is pretty tiny and clumsy, but she's incredibly devious, especially when Snarf has something she wants. Her ears are too big for her head, and they sag when she gets tired.

Snarf is a tank. When you tell him to be quiet (wind slaps the gate or something) he slowly walks away muttering to himself. He's also my workout spotter.

They both need a brushing in this picture.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

Pooptron2003 posted:

I am in LOVE with the markings on your dog. LOVE.

Thank you :3: I'm rather fond of her random spots, as well.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I'm super excited!! i get to watch my mother in laws corgi, Sadie. Shes white and has brown spots and a poop stain where her tail should be. tomorrow ill post pictures of her adorable-ness.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
this is sadie. She is an awesome dog. Lovably stubborn.

i call this her poop stain

shes has very selective ears. as in they only go up when she wants them

She isnt fond of baths

But she sure takes some cute pictures

sorry for the semi bad photos she likes to wiggle

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
So, fellow Corgi lovers, I've been readying myself to finally get a dog now that I have my own place, and am about ready to start picking out where to get him from so I can get the process rolling.

Before I start looking around myself I was wondering if anyone knew any good, reputable Pembroke breeders in the Mass/New England area that meet all the criteria from the puppy FAQ. The list on the PWCCA website has several recommended breeders in MA but only 1 actually has a website, so the info I've got right now is scarce, and was hoping a local goon had a recommendation.

Any rescue recommendations are also welcome, because while I'd like a pup, if for some reason none of the breeders work out I'd definitely consider a rescue dog.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 20, 2009

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

SouthsideSaint posted:

this is sadie. She is an awesome dog. Lovably stubborn.

i call this her poop stain

shes has very selective ears. as in they only go up when she wants them

She isnt fond of baths

But she sure takes some cute pictures

sorry for the semi bad photos she likes to wiggle

She's cute. What is she mixed with?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
see thats what everyone says but my mother-in-law has papers to prove pure corgi but until i see them im a little on the fence as well. shes still super awesome and looks like a complete corgi when her ears are up

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

SouthsideSaint posted:

see thats what everyone says but my mother-in-law has papers to prove pure corgi but until i see them im a little on the fence as well. shes still super awesome and looks like a complete corgi when her ears are up

She reminds me of my neighbor's Jack Russell Terrier. Except longer and with pointier ears and shaggy fur.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

SouthsideSaint posted:

She could just be a very very poorly bred corgi.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

GoreJess posted:

She could just be a very very poorly bred corgi.

or a MAGIC DOG

angrykid
Apr 9, 2006

My puppy progeny will prove themselves well-trained, classy, and dignified.

I Love You! posted:

or a MAGIC DOG

That's redundant. All corgis are magic. How else do you explain anything about them?

Izlude17
May 24, 2008
Yeah, first time I've seen an all white Corgi but still pretty cute to boot.

Izlude17 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 21, 2009

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

randomity posted:

She reminds me of my neighbor's Jack Russell Terrier. Except longer and with pointier ears and shaggy fur.

See this is exactly what I was thinking. She looks like a corgi/JRT mix... or she could just be a poorly bred corgi I suppose. Who knows...

Speaking of which, I was in my local pet food store with my husband and Josie, and there was this woman there who swore up and down that Josie seemed "small", and that the corgis she was used to seeing were all a lot bigger. We were kind of like, "Um, Cardigans actually run a bit larger than Pems." I don't know what kind of fat-rear end monster corgis she's used to seeing... Or maybe she was just confused.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Most random people I meet think Ace is small too. They swear corgis are supposed to weight between 30 and 50 pounds.

He's not small he's just not a fat tub of lardass. :(

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
Snaps is a wee corgi. She is 9 1/2 months right now and she just recently hit 16 pounds. She was a runt to begin with, and pretty much refused to eat when she was teething. On top of that she is a terrible eater; we pretty much have to hand feed her. I joke that we must have bought the vet a jet ski by now with as many times as we've taken her in our worrying.

On the plus side, our vet was able to catch it when she got a tick disease. The meds made her really hungry so she actually ate her food. And anything else she could get her mouth on. She is back to being a butt about food. Vet says as far as she can tell Snaps is just a butt.

We met her half-brother at training a few weeks ago. He was also small and his lady said that he had been a picky eater till he was about 1 1/2 yrs old, and that their father tended to make small dogs.

tldr; Snaps is a forever puppy. Also a butt.

Eff Jay
Dec 6, 2008

So, after much consideration, I've broadened my horizons (thanks, in large, to this thread) and am considering making Frank's sibling a Cardi despite my original partiality to Pems. For you Portland/Seattle Corgi-freaks, C-Myste is the breeders y'all have used, yeah? And for those of you who did C-Myste, which Cardi's were the parents of your furry, funny little chilren? My wife and I are probably going to start bugging them about there next few litters and trying to get one from them, as we're moving to a house (with a big yard!!!!) and it's going to be perfect for creating/continuing my devlish Corgi army.:3:

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Eff Jay posted:

So, after much consideration, I've broadened my horizons (thanks, in large, to this thread) and am considering making Frank's sibling a Cardi despite my original partiality to Pems. For you Portland/Seattle Corgi-freaks, C-Myste is the breeders y'all have used, yeah? And for those of you who did C-Myste, which Cardi's were the parents of your furry, funny little chilren? My wife and I are probably going to start bugging them about there next few litters and trying to get one from them, as we're moving to a house (with a big yard!!!!) and it's going to be perfect for creating/continuing my devlish Corgi army.:3:

My current Cardi comes from a good breeder in Vashon Island, WA (Afara Kennel). Though he has more herding drive and lighter body structure than I'm looking for, C-Myste is more classic Cardi look and is definitely a good breeder. I'm going with them next.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Eff Jay posted:

I haven't met Carolyn from C-Myste in person, but she was very nice via email. I think she's in a position now where she's networking with a lot of other Cardi folks. She said she's semi-retired. She still shows her dogs, and plans the breeding (she knows a lot about genetics), but I get the impression that she doesn't have the time to handle the whelping and puppy raising process. So she sort of "outsources" that part to her friends.

Josie's parents are Wally and Hannah who are actually owned by Carolyn's daughter. Josie looks a lot like her mother, and apparently has a very similar sweet temperament as well. The litter was raised by a friend of theirs, Megan of Starry Nights Stables, who was really nice when we did meet her in person.

Edit: Looking at Megan's blog, it looks like Hannah broke her foot recently :( . And they had a little corgi reunion party, which looks really cool, even if Josie's brother's ears do look retarded.

This is why we taped her ears, so they didn't wind up silly like this ;)

shady anachronism fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 22, 2009

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am in love with this thread. Every post with a corgi making the :haw: face just makes me melt.

I've been thinking about finally getting a dog of my own for several months now that I have moved into a house. I grew up with a sheltie-mix who was a strong herder and couldn't see myself with any other mental type of dog.

I've begun the arduous task of trying to find a reputable breeder near the Twin Cities, MN area that conforms to the stickied PI recommendations. Going from the Pembroke Membership website seems to be the way to go, but time will tell with the breeder as she doesn't have a website.

I've also been looking at rescuing. Lilly stood out to me based on the personality description, however, she is already 8 years old. Anyone with experience in adopting older Corgis have any stories?

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Siets posted:

I am in love with this thread. Every post with a corgi making the :haw: face just makes me melt.

I've been thinking about finally getting a dog of my own for several months now that I have moved into a house. I grew up with a sheltie-mix who was a strong herder and couldn't see myself with any other mental type of dog.

I've begun the arduous task of trying to find a reputable breeder near the Twin Cities, MN area that conforms to the stickied PI recommendations. Going from the Pembroke Membership website seems to be the way to go, but time will tell with the breeder as she doesn't have a website.

I've also been looking at rescuing. Lilly stood out to me based on the personality description, however, she is already 8 years old. Anyone with experience in adopting older Corgis have any stories?

An older corgi might be a great option for your first dog. If you're interested, you should contact the shelter and figure out if Lilly is a good fit.

Plus 8 years is by no means ancient. I believe the Pembroke lifespan is around 12-15 years, so while she's an older dog, she's probably still got quite a few good years left.

Forkboy
Mar 2, 2005
LORD OF THE PANTS

Siets posted:

The wife and I are involved with Utah Corgi Rescue, and we've really loved it. We fostered a few dogs, mostly younger, and then Curry came along, 9 years old, needing surgery and looking terrible:

After the surgery, and spending time in a stable home with another Corgi eating good food, Curry is doing well and we love the little butt. We figured that an older dog would be harder to find a home for, so we ended up adopting him. He just turned 10 and looks an awful lot better:

For the most part, we love having an older Corgi along with a younger one. Our younger Corgi, Tikka, is a huge spaz most of the time and has bundles of energy, which while fun can become annoying sometimes.

Curry is mostly pretty mellow, while still being very playful. He acts totally lazy until one of us steps on his squeak toy in the dark, then he comes bounding down the stairs in full-on attack mode. I say go for it... older Corgis are great.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

anachrodragon posted:

This is why we taped her ears, so they didn't wind up silly like this ;)

Haha, the lop-ears on the Corgi look hilarious :) reminds me of my parents' wiener dog, sometimes she'll sit at my feet and tilt her head back just enough that her big ears stick out to the sides...then I imagine her flying around with her ears out, complete with old prop plane noises, and giggle to myself like an idiot :3:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Pimpin my new avatar and got some cool news. Also heres some pics of me with Milhouse and Cloe (our border collie mix)

Milhouse has a new sleeping spot:

He also has his own kitty:

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Milhouse has a new sleeping spot:

that was Gus' favorite spot when he was little

edit: \/\/ Yeah it was in a not-so-nice apartment and permanently kind of gross. I assure you the toilets in our house are spic and span!

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 7, 2009

Master_Jay
Jan 6, 2007
As a custodian, I have to say, that is a dirty toilet.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
I found a really creepy picture of a corgi mix puppy and wanted to share!

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

anachrodragon posted:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

First my friend wanted a teacup chihuahua, now she wants a corgi puppy. Thankfully she just moved into an apartment and has no money, and I can only hope she moves past the corgi phase before she gets a chance to actually get one. She's a great gal and not a bad owner of her existing pets, but she is in no way in a position to give a corgi puppy what it needs.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Apologies for the double post.

We went on a walk tonight through our neighborhood and went past one house that had SIX corgis in the yard. I'm hoping some of them were visiting or something, because I cannot imagine having more than two or three of them in one household without the whole place imploding from puppy insanity.

I'll admit, though, I was sad that their fenced-in area was so far back from the sidewalk. I would have loved to get some pets in, but I felt weird walking up their driveway to do it.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006

RazorBunny posted:

Apologies for the double post.

We went on a walk tonight through our neighborhood and went past one house that had SIX corgis in the yard. I'm hoping some of them were visiting or something, because I cannot imagine having more than two or three of them in one household without the whole place imploding from puppy insanity.

I'll admit, though, I was sad that their fenced-in area was so far back from the sidewalk. I would have loved to get some pets in, but I felt weird walking up their driveway to do it.

I was thinking you saw my parents' yard, but there were only 4 corgis (3 Cardigans, 1 Pembroke), a Chihuahua, and a Pomeranian in there, and it wasn't today, so...

They have half an acre, so when we bring two Cardigans over, they have plenty of space to play. :)

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
I hear Miss Josie had a birthday :3:

Also, unless something terrible happens, Snaps, the husband, and I will be in Seattle for permanent on the 29th. Just in time for a parade.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

lu lu lu posted:

I hear Miss Josie had a birthday :3:

Also, unless something terrible happens, Snaps, the husband, and I will be in Seattle for permanent on the 29th. Just in time for a parade.

More Seattle Corgi friends! Yay, we should have a Corgi-Goon Meet sometime.

This is the picture I sent to C-Myste, and Carolyn was nice enough to post on her site. It's hard to believe that Josie is a year old now. It seems like yesterday she was an awkward little pup with ears that wanted to flop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

lu lu lu posted:

I have the exact same costume for my 3 year old male Corgi named Spike. He gets really depressed every time I put it on him.

• Locked thread