Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

APimpNamedSlickback
Aug 26, 2007
Haha, this is a really awesome discussion going on. If only I was a licensed (or unlicensed) musical luthier eh? (I don't think that's the right word to use...)

But yes, I would consider selling it. I payed 125 for it cash, so I mean that plus five ten bucks shipping would truly be the best of all possible worlds. Oh, but then we have paypal fees science drat it.

But as for the pedal, it works fuckin great. I thought I would love it, but as I said, I was turned off of distortion, so this is basically the anti-my-philosophy pedal. I can take some pics at a later time. I'm located also in Encino, CA area code 91316 so if you're nearby by any chance we could meet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003
I don't have a drinking problem, 'cept when I can't get a drink.
Luthier is the right term in this context, yup! Basically means a person who knows how to fix/build stringed instruments...

That's a wonderful price and consider me sold! Pics would be nice to know that it exists, but I'll trust a goon. Unfortunately, I'm very far from Encino, I'm on Long Island (again with the :suicide:), so shall we bring this to email to figure out the details? Hit me up at sampreeni@gmail.com

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

edited

pennywisdom fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 23, 2009

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I have a Mandala USB drum that I no longer use. I am open to $$ or trades for guitars, pedals, amps, percussion.. anything really. If you would like more info let me know and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

I actually HAD two, sold one to another goon, so I am left with this one.

The way it works is that the drum itself can have 1 - 7 rings of different (or the same) instruments. You can set it up so that the harder you hit, it will be a different tone, note, or effect all together. It has multiple presets of many drum sets, percussive instruments, and other instruments including guitar, keyboard, synth, etc. So for instance you can have ring one be a hi-hat, ring 2 be a bass drum, ring 3 be a snare, and ring 4 be a keyboard in G the major scale, using a custom number of notes. The drum has 80 presets of instrument/drum combos and everything in between.. and a whole bunch of custom slots and instruments for your hearts desire.

With any instrument you can change the scale (you can choose from major, minor, diminished, wholetone, chromatic, indian, dorian, lydian, blues, etc -- there are 21 different scales total to choose from) You can change what progression it goes in (up, down, velocity up or down, random, etc) and you can also set it up for how many notes is in the scale. You can have it do an up down up down pattern, or an up up up up up up down down down down, etc. Along with this you can also add a wide range of effects like distortion, flanger, delay, EQ, and a variety of filters to it. You can get pretty creative with this thing and really make some cool beats, or just add it to your drum set to add some flair.

It also has a snare program that comes with it which will let the drum act as a fully functional snare drum.

You can also add custom sounds, from mp3 format. This means you can record your own samples and put them on the drum for playing. This is an awesome feature.

It's standalone USB powered, so if you want to add it to your drum set you need a pc hookup and a decent amp/speaker system.

The official website where you can learn more about it:
http://synesthesiacorp.com/

And here's a link to some youtube videos.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=mandala+usb+drum&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

This thing retails for about $350.. so I'll be open to anything in $250+ range.

Oh and heres a pic :)

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

UrethraFranklin posted:

Luthier is the right term in this context, yup! Basically means a person who knows how to fix/build stringed instruments...

Amp tech would probably be a little closer to the mark. ;)

ee: the tape recorder left today, and got a pds 20/20 locally

byob historian fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 17, 2009

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Amp tech would probably be a little closer to the mark. ;)

Ohh, yeah, I thought he was talking about the violin for some reason but you're right...

ToAsTypeR
May 12, 2003

On this tour, we are a cover band. I should add that when I say cover, I mean you better take cover when we hit stage because we're not fucking around.
I've got a digitech BP50 and RP100 effects pedals and was looking to trade them for some stompboxes. I have been getting into voltage starving and circuit bending recently, so these pedals I have don't work to satisfy my new passion. Both are powered by AA batteries (6 of them) as I don't have the adapters for them.

Anyone interested in trading? Both of these pedals work very well and are in great condition. I will post some pictures of both of them this afternoon. I don't have a huge preference on the stompboxes, I am willing to entertain most any trade offers.

I have been buying and selling on SAMart for years now and having just discovered the gear trade thread, I am stoked to see what else is out there for me to work on.

VISMAL
Aug 30, 2006

I r Pat posted:

I have a Mandala USB drum that I no longer use. I am open to $$ or trades for guitars, pedals, amps, percussion.. anything really. If you would like more info let me know and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

The way it works is that the drum itself can have 1 - 7 rings of different (or the same) instruments. You can set it up so that the harder you hit, it will be a different tone, note, or effect all together. It has multiple presets of many drum sets, percussive instruments, and other instruments including guitar, keyboard, synth, etc. So for instance you can have ring one be a hi-hat, ring 2 be a bass drum, ring 3 be a snare, and ring 4 be a keyboard in G the major scale, using a custom number of notes. The drum has 80 presets of instrument/drum combos and everything in between.. and a whole bunch of custom slots and instruments for your hearts desire.

With any instrument you can change the scale (you can choose from major, minor, diminished, wholetone, chromatic, indian, dorian, lydian, blues, etc -- there are 21 different scales total to choose from) You can change what progression it goes in (up, down, velocity up or down, random, etc) and you can also set it up for how many notes is in the scale. You can have it do an up down up down pattern, or an up up up up up up down down down down, etc. Along with this you can also add a wide range of effects like distortion, flanger, delay, EQ, and a variety of filters to it. You can get pretty creative with this thing and really make some cool beats, or just add it to your drum set to add some flair.

It also has a snare program that comes with it which will let the drum act as a fully functional snare drum.

You can also add custom sounds, from mp3 format. This means you can record your own samples and put them on the drum for playing. This is an awesome feature.

It's standalone USB powered, so if you want to add it to your drum set you need a pc hookup and a decent amp/speaker system.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=mandala+usb+drum&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

Would you be interested in a Microkorg? or a Digitech Whammy pedal? I also have a Roland spd 20 that im looking to get rid of, but im looking for at least 400 for it.

Law Dog
Jun 21, 2009

"Yeah, I heard you the first time."

VISMAL posted:

Would you be interested in a Microkorg? or a Digitech Whammy pedal? I also have a Roland spd 20 that im looking to get rid of, but im looking for at least 400 for it.

How much are you looking to get for the Digitech Whammy?

oredun
Apr 12, 2007

I r Pat posted:

hows about a epi valve junior half stack with bitmo mod and upgraded transformers?

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
I'm looking for a field recorder for recording practices. Anyone have one?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Figured this would be the best place to ask, do you guys know anything about the Epiphone "Black beauty 3" HHH electric guitar? These retail for AUS$1500 and I might be able to get one for about $700. I've heard epiphones can be terrible but the high-ish models are pretty decent. Thoughts?

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

oredun posted:

hows about a epi valve junior half stack with bitmo mod and upgraded transformers?

How is the volume on this amp? Like, would it be able to perform over a loud bass amp + a drum kit? (drum kit without mic's)

And I'm not too familiar with amps in general, but what is a "bitmo mod and upgraded transformers."

I'm interested, let me know here, pm, or on aim.. my S/N is in my profile.

VISMAL posted:

Not so much the whammy pedal, but the Microkorg and the roland spd20 I may be interested in.

Can the Microkorg be used as a piano too? I know it doesn't have a full size keyboard, but can it act as a piano? Basically something to loop some chords in the background?

I r Pat fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 20, 2009

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki
Kind of a long shot, so I am seeing if there are any takers. I have a 1971 Italian Vox 846 wah-need to take pics, but it has a 100% original circuit board (metal film can inductor), 2 of the 4 original feet (for some reason, the feet mean something to collectors), and, while beat up, sounds like sex and has no scratchyness in the pot whatsoever. Looking for a straight trade only for a 15watt tube head/combo. No 2x12's, no solid state, nothing big or loud-thinking Pro Jr. territory hear. If no one bites I won't be sad.

edit: email me at johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com

Professorbx fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 21, 2009

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.
Shouldn't do this, but is anyone up for trading a 2000 MIA strat for a decent tele? I need some more twang in my life. The strat is maple fret board, and was one of the special edition flame topped ones in a tobacco sunburst. I really love this guitar, and am still not even sure I want to trade it, but figured I'd check for bites. Can post pictures, too.

black_mastermind
Oct 30, 2008
Okay, somewhat of a feeler post: I have a Warwick Corvette Standard, 4-string, passive, Bubinga. I went nuts for it for a while but lately it's been chilling it its bag. I picked it up last summer, it went to a couple band practices but was never gigged or anything. It is in pretty much new condition (except it has been waxed a bunch like you're supposed to, they ship almost dry) and would come with the Warwick gig bag and all the case candy. Warwicks have a LOT of case candy, if you're not familiar. I don't know if it's just not for me or what, it is a wonderful bass, but I am just not playing it enough.

Because I have quite an arsenal of basses already, I would be interested in trading it for a guitar. I am really interested in an SG, one of those PRS SE double cut/fixed bridge models, one of the Fender Jag HH deals they have out now, or one of those '72 Tele reissues with the humbuckers.

I would be more than happy to take all kinds of pictures of the bass for anyone interested, but the thought of trading it off for something else came to me in the shower this morning and now I am at work.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cat doter posted:

Figured this would be the best place to ask, do you guys know anything about the Epiphone "Black beauty 3" HHH electric guitar? These retail for AUS$1500 and I might be able to get one for about $700. I've heard epiphones can be terrible but the high-ish models are pretty decent. Thoughts?

i'm not a fan of so many pickups but epiphones can be hit or miss; i wouldn't buy a nice one without trying it out unless it was an absolute steal but i've been happy with a couple i've played, including an lp standard that was my main guitar for a while. if it's a good one as far as fit and finish and whatever else goes, it should be a fine instrument for you
hth

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
A friend of mine is selling an Ampeg SVT-100 from the 80's that just got tuned up and re-tubed. If anyone is interested here is the craigslist posting:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1427979935.html

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me and I'll be happy to answer them. I played out of it last night just to test it and it sounds incredible. I wish I had enough money to buy it.

Alecks
Dec 28, 2005

Alecks posted:

Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory, $130 shipped

I also have a vox over the top boost, for $80 shipped

looking for a metal muff, blackstar distortion, barber dirty bomb, or something like that.

EX-7 is down to 100$ shipped, and OTTB is down to $50 shipped.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Last ditch effort to get rid of these before ebay.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Not really a music item per se, but I'm looking for any large, versatile EHX pedal. Specifically, the Polychorus, Polyphase, Flanger Hoax, etc.

The only thing I have to offer, however, is an Xbox 360 Elite, so... v:shobon:v

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm likely going to end up selling the Xbox locally soon.

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 24, 2009

Studebaker Hawk
May 22, 2004

black_mastermind posted:

Okay, somewhat of a feeler post: I have a Warwick Corvette Standard, 4-string, passive, Bubinga. I went nuts for it for a while but lately it's been chilling it its bag. I picked it up last summer, it went to a couple band practices but was never gigged or anything. It is in pretty much new condition (except it has been waxed a bunch like you're supposed to, they ship almost dry) and would come with the Warwick gig bag and all the case candy. Warwicks have a LOT of case candy, if you're not familiar. I don't know if it's just not for me or what, it is a wonderful bass, but I am just not playing it enough.
Probably not what you want, but my I have a Michael Kelly Deuce Pheonix collecting dust and need a fretted bass.

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/deuce_phoenix.html

black_mastermind
Oct 30, 2008
Man, that sure is a pretty guitar- but I am looking for something solid body.

glennnyc
Sep 20, 2001

pennywisdom posted:

Last ditch effort to get rid of these before ebay.

what are you looking for for the CE-2?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

glennnyc posted:

what are you looking for for the CE-2?

$100 + shipping.

(1984 MIJ blacklabel)

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

pennywisdom posted:

$100 + shipping.

(1984 MIJ blacklabel)

Is it missing the jacks, or am I seeing things?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Thumposaurus posted:

Unless I'm bad at spatial relations (I am), it looks like it's missing both jacks. It's probably just that the washer and lock-nut have fallen off and the jacks have fallen into the housing.

edit: Ugh, I hope someone wants to trade my super light and portable 2x12 for a cumbersome 4x10/6x10 :smith: I'm in no position to spend a dime on gear right now and I've developed an inexplicable craving for 10" speakers.

scuz fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 27, 2009

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.
Looking to get rid of my Focusrite Saffire. It's served me well, but I've upgraded. Looking for $125 shipped. PM me!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FOCSAFFIRE

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

MasterWerk posted:

Looking to get rid of my Focusrite Saffire. It's served me well, but I've upgraded. Looking for $125 shipped. PM me!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FOCSAFFIRE

Gonna plug this here. It's a pretty good cheaper interface. Much better converters than M-audio stuff, and it's got TEN OUTPUTS. This is very useful if you're into DJ type stuff, but also incredibly useful if you're into outboard gear, like me, or if you want to send 4 stereo mixes to an analog mixing board for summing. It also makes a very handy interface for portable laptop recording. I bought mine for $200, and felt as if it was worth it, so $125 is a steal!

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Thumposaurus posted:

Bah, forgot to mention that. The jacks have actually been moved to the back of the pedal.

JohnnyRed
Aug 19, 2004

by Ozma

answersyouseek posted:

A friend of mine is selling an Ampeg SVT-100 from the 80's that just got tuned up and re-tubed. If anyone is interested here is the craigslist posting:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1427979935.html

Also, if you have any questions you can ask me and I'll be happy to answer them. I played out of it last night just to test it and it sounds incredible. I wish I had enough money to buy it.

I'm buyin it! Thanks for the heads up. It's local, so I can pick it up tomorrow. Worked out great.

I also found a 4x10 ampeg cab on craigslist, so my legit bass rig is on it's way!

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

VISMAL posted:

In the process of trading my Mandala for his Microkorg! We are both shipping at the same time.

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003
I already posted this a few pages, but I still have it, and now I have a picture!

It's a Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee, awesome head, just not what I need anymore. I'm looking to get $2000 for it, or a partial trade for an Egnater or Bogner head, or some kind of interesting trade.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

UrethraFranklin posted:

I already posted this a few pages, but I still have it, and now I have a picture!

It's a Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee, awesome head, just not what I need anymore. I'm looking to get $2000 for it, or a partial trade for an Egnater or Bogner head, or some kind of interesting trade.

Why on god's green earth would you want to get rid of that?

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003
Many people have had the same reaction, and I know it sounds a little crazy, but it's just not my thing. It's awesome if you're a very lead oriented player, and I'll agree it sounds good for other things too, but it's not the sound I'm looking for. Also, I'm kind of in a bind concerning money...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hell you should see if there's a studio nearby that would buy that off of you. Those guys love having heads like that off hand.

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003
Yeah, I contacted a bunch in the area, but they are either not buying heads at the moment and/or already have one...

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Ibanez 350DX with OHSC for $300. I bought this guitar used to take when I have to go out of town, but I am selling to get a nice amp. Practically no ding and the frets are fine.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, $45 shipped firm. I bought this mint from a goon, and have played it less than two hours since. I still have the box back home.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
For anyone in the Minneapolis, MN metro area, I'm trying to unload my like-new Avatar B212N bass cabinet (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/msg/1449855704.html) so I can get me a new one. Only $300 :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

UrethraFranklin posted:

Is $2k your bottom dollar on this? I may be interested.

Edit: Like, maybe $1800 + shipping?

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 7, 2009