Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I get a single white pixel with both Firefox 3.5 and Chrome. However I'm really digging the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

I get a single white pixel with both Firefox 3.5 and Chrome. However I'm really digging the pictures.

I think this is due to the seed. It seems to work for me when leaving it blank, but specifying a fixed seed is very hit or miss. Seed = 10 with the default values seem to work though.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

NFX posted:

I think this is due to the seed. It seems to work for me when leaving it blank, but specifying a fixed seed is very hit or miss. Seed = 10 with the default values seem to work though.

Yes, the seed field is only meant for regenerating attractors that you've already discovered. It you leave it blank it will just try random seeds until it finds something potentially interesting.

Supervillin
Feb 6, 2005

Pillbug

Roflex posted:

Is the sun burning?

Awesome. Please tell me you actually have some sensor that feeds real data.

Edit: vvv Thanks, good enough :mmmhmm:

Supervillin fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 30, 2009

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Supervillin posted:

Awesome. Please tell me you actually have some sensor that feeds real data.

Sure, I'll tell you that.

Vizin
Sep 3, 2007

Roflex posted:

Wait a second, you couldn't know if the sun went out before the earth went dark, because the signal from whatever satellite you used couldn't go faster than light. That must mean...

...you've found a way to send information faster than light! Congrats dude!

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Maybe the app is runing on a server in a close orbit around the sun, so any 8-minutes delay you might experience would be down to network latency on your end.

wlievens
Nov 26, 2006

CupBoy posted:

Messing around with JavaScript, Canvas and strange attractors.

Link

Now make a game with tons of this stuff and call it Osmos.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Vizin posted:

Wait a second, you couldn't know if the sun went out before the earth went dark, because the signal from whatever satellite you used couldn't go faster than light. That must mean...

...you've found a way to send information faster than light! Congrats dude!

Or in his universe humanity lives underground. But you know, whatever.

wigga please
Nov 1, 2006

by mons all madden

Mercator posted:

Or in his universe humanity lives underground. But you know, whatever.

or, more likely, his target audience is goons

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
I'm going to assume he's found a way to harness the energy from nerds' tendency to make obvious, pedantic "jokes" and that this is the application of that invention.

Smugdog Millionaire
Sep 14, 2002

8) Blame Icefrog
I've been building a codepad.org clone for C# (maybe eventually other .NET languages too)

Once it's not ugly and has an actual server I'll 'release' it.

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008
Here's two sites im currently working on.

First one is a website for a local volunteer fire department. I decided to use Wordpress given the requirements and the availability of plugins that filled said requirements.

Click here for the full 850x700 image.

The second one is a site for a local "green" food distributor. Using LAMP, Zend Framework specifically as they are expecting to add alot of functionality to the website as time goes on and I didn't want to a square peg, round hole type of thing with Wordpress. The design for this one is done, but I havent finished some items like the navbar that would be at the top right.

Click here for the full 850x700 image.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

That's a nice green.

Here's a site I'm working on, I think it was designed two years ago by a Japanese artist but all the gaps left to whither. Let's say it's more functional than pretty.

Click here for the full 1012x744 image.

Account login is via Gmail or Google Apps, I hacked up the PHP-OpenID stuff to get it working with todays current implementations. The live search is a jquery modified and pink version of a scriptaculous version I did before, copying Apple. All the styles and inventory are taken live from a separate inventory system, along with client data from a separate CRM and directory.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I really like this except for the lighter green section between the planet graphic and the main section, I think it would look better without that part.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Pretty-printing test results in Buildbot:

Click here for the full 1279x951 image.

Yeah, there's a lot of red because the buildslave that's running on doesn't have one of the essential libraries installed.

king_kilr
May 25, 2007

http://typewar.com

my boss and coworker launched it a few weeks ago, now we all hack on it friday afternoons instead of doing real work

LOLLERZ
Dec 9, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT SPAMMING THE REPORT FORUM TO PROTECT ~MY WIFE'S~ OKCUPID PERSONALS ANALYSIS SA-MART THREAD. DO IT. ALL THE TIME. CONSTANTLY. IF SHE DOESN'T HAVE THE THREAD, SHE'LL WANT TO TALK TO ME!

king_kilr posted:

my boss and coworker launched it a few weeks ago, now we all hack on it friday afternoons instead of doing real work
Care to share your scoring algorithm?

king_kilr
May 25, 2007

LOLLERZ posted:

Care to share your scoring algorithm?

The algorithm for how many points a question gives? It's just 11 - int(percentage / 10). So if a question is gotten righ t90% of the time you get 2 points for it. If you mean sorting players that's just a simple bayesian adjugested average.

danishcake
Aug 15, 2004
I'm adding engines trails to my WarningForever knockoff.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

king_kilr posted:

This is awesome, you're awesome.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

king_kilr posted:

My fiancee: "Hey, it's time to go to my parents."
Me: "Okay but check out this link I just sent you."
Her, ten minutes of clicking later: "drat YOU CSAMMIS"

LOLLERZ
Dec 9, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT SPAMMING THE REPORT FORUM TO PROTECT ~MY WIFE'S~ OKCUPID PERSONALS ANALYSIS SA-MART THREAD. DO IT. ALL THE TIME. CONSTANTLY. IF SHE DOESN'T HAVE THE THREAD, SHE'LL WANT TO TALK TO ME!
That looks awesome, and I look forward to playing it when you're done!

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

danishcake posted:

I'm adding engines trails to my WarningForever knockoff.

IMAGES

This looks sweet. Are the backgrounds pre-rendered or procedurally generated?

wlievens
Nov 26, 2006
I'm making an isometric strategy game. I paid an artist to do the animations, but did the terrain tiles myself.

It's browser based, will be releasing it later this month.

Click here for the full 606x353 image.

Edit: and yes I manage to show off the screenshot where the dead terrorists' bodies clip into the wall. drat.

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008

golgo13sf posted:

I really like this except for the lighter green section between the planet graphic and the main section, I think it would look better without that part.

I agree - The design was done by a kid that does pretty decent work for about $100 - $150. That was part of his original design and I made a number of changes, however, the light green separators was something they really liked.

I did go in and tone it down quiet a bit, before, it was a pretty loud and obnoxious neon green.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

king_kilr posted:

I hope your server holds up.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

king_kilr posted:

"You are 1 points behind..."

Pluralize filter that poo poo. Awesome site though!

It'd be cool to make sans serif vs. serif comparisons rarer at higher levels too.

king_kilr
May 25, 2007

pokeyman posted:

"You are 1 points behind..."

Pluralize filter that poo poo. Awesome site though!

It'd be cool to make sans serif vs. serif comparisons rarer at higher levels too.

Hehe, good catch, I'll put in a fix for that. We're definitely working on ways to make the harder questions more common at the higher levels.

danishcake
Aug 15, 2004

wmbest2 posted:

This looks sweet. Are the backgrounds pre-rendered or procedurally generated?

Nothing so clever, I have 9 nebula images I whipped up in the gimp which I then place in clusters of 3-4. I'm hoping to do some procedurally generated ships however - I've exposed sufficient functionality via Lua, I just need to figure out the algorithm.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

danishcake posted:

Nothing so clever, I have 9 nebula images I whipped up in the gimp which I then place in clusters of 3-4. I'm hoping to do some procedurally generated ships however - I've exposed sufficient functionality via Lua, I just need to figure out the algorithm.

Either way looks good. I was hoping maybe it was procedural and I could learn something but maybe Ive just found a project for myself.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

king_kilr posted:

Hehe, good catch, I'll put in a fix for that. We're definitely working on ways to make the harder questions more common at the higher levels.
That's good to hear.

What I'd like to comment on is the way you offset the entire interface when a notification pops up at the top. It sure draws attention to the message, but it's hella annoying because you need to alternate between two fixed position buttons to play.

king_kilr
May 25, 2007

jegHegy posted:

That's good to hear.

What I'd like to comment on is the way you offset the entire interface when a notification pops up at the top. It sure draws attention to the message, but it's hella annoying because you need to alternate between two fixed position buttons to play.

Yep, we're actually refactoring the way we handle notifications entirely so this will be fixed en passant.

Thanks to whoever submitted us to metafilter, we passed 1 million questions asked as a result!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I'll play the poo poo out of this when you release it. Whats the platform?

Also ....

(Crossposted from iphone thread)

Heres the bad boy I've been working on for months.....

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29022/545/

Its a full SIP stack VOIP phone, with Speex, GSM, G711 codecs, echo cancellation, ICE nat negotiation, call on hold facilities, SMS over HTTP , everything.

It will literally be the best VOIP phone on the market.

I'm now working on an Android port of the same client.

Hopefully this should be out in the app store in a couple of weeks. Y'all go buy it so this dude gives me more work k?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cVGTkRCJc

Note: This is the client demonstrating an old build of the phone. I wish he wouldn't it looks but ugly with the non stylized lists and the like. The new one builds loving shmicko.

I'm crazy proud of this thing.

I've had this batshit crazy plan lately of building a SIP client into an FPGA. I'll probably disabuse myself of that sillyness later on.

Contero
Mar 28, 2004

Not exactly a huge project, but I'm pretty happy with my shader that lets me paint an arbitrary number of textures onto a heightmap. It still uses a triangle strip but only 4 multitexture spots. If it needs a 5th texture it ends the triangle strip and swaps out the least recently used texture and starts again. This is with GLSL btw.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

That looks neat. When you say you are ending the triangle strip, are you manipulating the geometry in shader code?

Contero
Mar 28, 2004

No, I'm handling that outside the shader. I'm not sure it's possible within the shader. I only learned GLSL two days ago and did a little Cg (ugh) before that.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

My current weekend project is one of those procedural planet things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_4EmlQiyQ

That video shows 1/6 of a sphere. Each of those squares is a 65x65 piece of the mesh. The terrain is generated using Perlin noise on demand. As you can see, I've got a ways to go before it starts looking like a planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danishcake
Aug 15, 2004

akadajet posted:

My current weekend project is one of those procedural planet things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_4EmlQiyQ

That video shows 1/6 of a sphere. Each of those squares is a 65x65 piece of the mesh. The terrain is generated using Perlin noise on demand. As you can see, I've got a ways to go before it starts looking like a planet.

That was really impressive - did the color indicate different detail levels paging in and out?

duck monster posted:

I'll play the poo poo out of this when you release it. Whats the platform?

It's for Windows at the moment, but I've tried to keep it vaguely portable. If you want to have a play, then it's available as code or prebuilt from Github.

I'm currently adding the properties dialog below to the ship editor. It's currently read only.