Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
In 2004 (when Marufuji won) they limited it to young stars with 5 years or fewer of experience. But NJ doesn't have anyone who's good enough to go deep in the tournament and is that young. So I really have no clue who will be in.

Marufuji is back on 12/6 but I strongly doubt he'll be in it.

Good news for NJ is that it would be hard NOT to top the 2000 and 2004 iterations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I just remembered the MCMG's run as junior tag champs, so there's a good chance Shelley will finally get another singles match in Japan out of this. 'bout loving time.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
nah, Suicide or Sabin are more likely.

e: i'm joking about Suicide
ee: which is in poor taste

v- maybe! Devitt is a part of NJPW so you are not confused.

Acute Hepatitis fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 2, 2009

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
Is Prince Devitt gonna be involved? Or am I confusing NJPW and AJPW again? IF I'm right I want him to win!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Calling Devitt jobbing in round 1.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
edit: ignore this, one of my 3 years olds has figured out how to post on SA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apsouthern posted:

edit: ignore this, one of my 3 years olds has figured out how to post on SA

ask if they think they can take out president ramu.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U5OIAM29
Ibushi vs YOSHIHIKO, DDT title.

Suck on THAT, Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Ditch posted:

gently caress yes, wanted to see this so bad.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ditch posted:

Please tell me there's a still from the side of the dive at 19:30ish

HOLY loving poo poo SOMEBODY PLEASE GIF 28:30 sequence

and the 29:35 sequence

and the 30:30 thing

That was loving awesome. Oh, and 33:35 and 33:45 things

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 5, 2009

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New Japan at Sumo Hall:
-Tiger Mask 4 over Mistico
-Dudleys over Bernard & Anderson (the Tag League winners)
-Nakamura over Tanahashi. Nagata is next up, likely in December.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

New Japan at Sumo Hall:
-Tiger Mask 4 over Mistico
-Dudleys over Bernard & Anderson (the Tag League winners)
-Nakamura over Tanahashi. Nagata is next up, likely in December.

WHY ARE THE DUDLEYS STILL THE loving CHAMPIONS?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They don't want to job and TNA is willing to oblige their greed?

Also, the tag title match was a *double* countout.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Oh wait so is Tiger Mask champ again also? The first thing I looked at was the Dudleys and I didn't even realize.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Ditch posted:

You know, I didn't want to believe, but ... this really is the Match of the Year. Real talk.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

HulkaMatt posted:

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Oh wait so is Tiger Mask champ again also? The first thing I looked at was the Dudleys and I didn't even realize.

yep :sweatdrop:

Horse Pro
Mar 25, 2007

Social Activist, Philanthropist, Youtube Extraordinaire
I just want to take a moment to thank Ditch for uploading not only the Yoshinko vs Kota Ibushi match, but also the campsite pro wrestling match, and even the 10-minute ladder defending the title match from a while back. I had friends over last night to watch them all, and it was a huge hit.

Oh yeah, Kota Ibushi's amazing. You know how people always say Ric Flair could have a great match with a broomstick? It's like Ibushi heard that and decided to call him out on it. Friggin' amazing.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Actually I didn't upload either of those DDT matches. There are a handful of people who over the last few years have posted recent stuff from Japanese file sharing sites. Almost everything I upload is at least 5 years old.

Ibushi is such a free spirit, there's so much joy and energy. There's times when his "gotta do a bunch of spots!" mindset can be annoying, but there are also plenty of instances when having him involved works better than anyone else. I doubt anyone but Ibushi could go as far as he did with YOSHIHIKO.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

Ditch posted:

I doubt anyone but Ibushi could go as far as he did with YOSHIHIKO.

:sweatdrop:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Added to NOAH's Budokan show next month: Sasaki & Morishima defend the tag titles vs Kobashi & Akiyama.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/11/12/puroresu-pulse-issue-158-misawa-part-6/
THIS WEEK: Misawa-ing your eyes out.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yammy hinting at being in the Super J-Cup. :cool:

Also the NOAH shows coming up have some cool matches. Will they throw in Kawada eventually? :shobon:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
When they booked the tag title match that probably killed any chance of Kawada on the card.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:smithicide:

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=ezu4ls3Cd10

Finishes from eight years of GHC Heavyweight Title matches. Would love to see AJPW/NJPW done this way.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Cyber Kong resigned from DG due to his Neck Injury. :smith:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

HulkaMatt posted:

Pineapples can now rest safe in their beds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

That's really sad. Cyber Kong was one of the DG that really picked it up.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Interview with Nakajima: http://thewrestlingdaily.com/?p=4351

I generated a couple of the questions. It's a good thing I wasn't the one asking in person, because with Ryu Nakata doing the translation I would have been too distracted by wanting to pummel him for keeping Kawada out of NOAH.

:argh:

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
Curious if any of you was the sole other caucasian at the NOAH show I was at tonight in Osaka. It was a fun show, had a good time getting in cheer fights with the kid in front of me until Bison/Edwards vs Morishima/Sasaki and I didn't know who to root for.
Kobashi/Shiozaki vs. Sugiura/Taniguchi was like half everyone throwing each other into/over the barriers by me (making a bunch of old Japanese women run for their lives) or the back arena doors. How long is the count to get back in the ring in puro? The ref got to like 14 or so. At any rate there were bodies flying all over the place, and Osaka dudes yelling sarcastic poo poo, so I was happy.

But the best part of all was seeing Chris Hero vulcan-nerve-pinch a Japanese fanboy in a bar the night before.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There's a muscular bald guy named Gordi who lives in Osaka and goes to lots of shows.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ditch posted:

There's a muscular bald guy named Gordi who lives in Osaka and goes to lots of shows.

Please tell me it's the same Gordi at DVDVR.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.

Ditch posted:

Nah, this guy was more of the skinny nerd variety, with glasses and a Chris Hero shirt. Wanted to see what pics he took (all I had was my iPhone) but I was afraid if I got near him he'd ask me about stairs or something.

NOAH's not coming back here till like February. :smith:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Announced Super J Cup participants (and thus all the fantasy booking comes crashing down):

1. Taichi (New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
2. Tigers Mask (Osaka Pro-Wrestling)
3. GENTARO (Pro-Wrestling FREEDOMS)
4. AKIRA (Free)
5. Jado (CHAOS/New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
6. Gedo (CHAOS/New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
7. Prince Devitt (Apollo 55/New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
8. Ryusuke Taguchi (Apollo 55/New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
9. Fujita "Jr." Hayato (Michinoku Pro-Wrestling)
10. YAMATO (DRAGON GATE)
11. Atsushi Aoki (Pro-Wrestling NOAH)
12. Danshoku Dino (DDT Pro-Wrestling)
13. Koji Kanemoto (New Japan Pro-Wrestling)
14. X
15. X
16. Jushin Thunder Liger (New Japan Pro-Wrestling)

Stupid politics. :(

- Tigers Mask is a nice little surprise
- Dino vs whoever he's losing to in the first round will probably be really funny
- Jado AND Gedo? In 2009? Goddamnit Liger ...
- Vacant spots are most likely a CMLL guy (Sombra) and either Ibushi or the winner of the Zero-One tournament

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kobashi is ALSO out for the Budokan show, so they're doing Sasaki & Morishima vs.... Rikio & Yone

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Kobashi is ALSO out for the Budokan show, so they're doing Sasaki & Morishima vs.... Rikio & Yone

Wow this show is falling off a cliff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Illinois Smith posted:

Stupid politics. :(

- Tigers Mask is a nice little surprise
- Dino vs whoever he's losing to in the first round will probably be really funny
- Jado AND Gedo? In 2009? Goddamnit Liger ...
- Vacant spots are most likely a CMLL guy (Sombra) and either Ibushi or the winner of the Zero-One tournament

If they don't put Ibushi in, they are loving stupid.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

coconono posted:

If they don't put Ibushi in, they are loving stupid.

This is true about any show by any company ever.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IVPvideos.com is running a Black Friday sale. 35% off orders under $100, 45% off orders over $100. And the starting price is $3. Thousands and thousands of puro shows and comps to choose from, plus a lil' bit of non-puro.

"All you have to do is put your items in the cart like normal. When you go to the checkout screen, all you have to do is put 35off or 45off in the coupon section. The discount will then automatically be taken out. The coupon section is on the same page you choose Paypal or Money Order as payment method"

I've bought from IVP many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Ditch posted:

IVPvideos.com is running a Black Friday sale. 35% off orders under $100, 45% off orders over $100. And the starting price is $3. Thousands and thousands of puro shows and comps to choose from, plus a lil' bit of non-puro.

"All you have to do is put your items in the cart like normal. When you go to the checkout screen, all you have to do is put 35off or 45off in the coupon section. The discount will then automatically be taken out. The coupon section is on the same page you choose Paypal or Money Order as payment method"

I've bought from IVP many times.
Sweet, I just read Dave's review of the 8/21/92 RINGS show in an old Observer and I wanted to see if I could see it, and I had no idea where to look. This site has it. Thanks! What are their shipping prices like?