Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Master Twig posted:

Ecclesia is up there with Castlevania 3 in difficulty.
Only if you're going for a hard level 1 run. None of the metroidvanias are as hard as any of the classic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chambraigne Deluxe posted:

Only if you're going for a hard level 1 run. None of the metroidvanias are as hard as any of the classic games.

Old Axe Armor mode in Portrait of Ruin is apparently pretty brutal too, but I didn't feel like killing a few hundred of them to find out.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Chambraigne Deluxe posted:

Well... it may be up there with Super Castlevania IV, which was probably the easiest out of all the classic games. It is no where near Castlevania 3, though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm sure Castlevania IV is a great game, but I refuse to play it for one simple reason.

That God-awful short man-skirt he wears. What the gently caress is up with that?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm sure Castlevania IV is a great game, but I refuse to play it for one simple reason.

That God-awful short man-skirt he wears. What the gently caress is up with that?
Hey man, it's less restrictive okay :mad:

Think about it though: Which Castlevania game is the easiest to control? Why, I think it is... yes, it's the one with Skirty Belmont :colbert:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The Rokstar posted:

Hey man, it's less restrictive okay :mad:

Think about it though: Which Castlevania game is the easiest to control? Why, I think it is... yes, it's the one with Skirty Belmont :colbert:

Simon, Christopher and Trevor all went pantsless on their first outing, and Christopher even forewent them for his second adventure when he was pushing 40. Though the Rebirth game, unfortunately, seems to retcon Chris into a pants-wearer. :(

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah... Castlevania has a reputation for characters that look really, really gay.

Although Link from Zelda and pretty much everyone in all the Final Fantasy games are also really gay looking and people play those a lot. Although I can play as green fairy elf boy and BDSM Simon Belmont, Final Fantasy is a little much for me and my dignity.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

"Analbag, that's me" - James D. Rolfe, "The Angry Video Game Nerd"

serling
Aug 25, 2005

ohnoitschris posted:

"Analbag, that's me" - James D. Rolfe, "The Angry Video Game Nerd"

Someone should buy mister Analbag a forum account.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought he registered when Shmorky was making parody cartoons of him. But I'm probably wrong.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I thought he was Bimmy the Kid, the OP from this thread?

serling
Aug 25, 2005

Boinks posted:

I thought he registered when Shmorky was making parody cartoons of him.

What's this about anyway?

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Harlequinade posted:

What's this about anyway?

I think they're talking about this.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Death Priest posted:

Yep that's it, and its still hilarious.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Death Priest posted:

I really miss that "Game Life Reviews" show. I thought it was hilarious with the awkwardness. And they got that pretty girl on the show. It was bizarrely enjoyable for me.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
Still not sure if GameLife is the work of a genius or not.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cellophane S posted:

Still not sure if GameLife is the work of a genius or not.

I don't think it's a joke, which makes it better.
EDIT: wait wait wait... there's GameLife and then there's Game|Life?

We're talking about the former, right?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 28, 2009

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The History of Super Mecha Death Christ

It's ridiculous, but the funny type of ridiculous.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Boinks posted:

Yep that's it, and its still hilarious.

You find that funny? I watched up till the part where the nerd starts going "uh uh uh uh" and turned it off. I didn't even crack a smile....that's "hilarious?"

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think it's a joke, which makes it better.
EDIT: wait wait wait... there's GameLife and then there's Game|Life?

We're talking about the former, right?

I'm talking about the extremely awkward one with the misplaced cute girl

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Eh yeah, Furious Famicom human being is painfully not funny

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the Bunt posted:

Yeah sorry but you're pretty wrong here. He got all of the mannerisms and even included the Rolling Rock. It's good satire, even though I enjoy the normal AVGN stuff as well.

It's also Schmorky's normal humor style, so if you don't like the Flash Tub then you're not going to like FFF.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

the Bunt posted:

yeah yeah this post is good it's pretty good

NO! no it is not good! it is baaad!

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah sorry but you're pretty wrong here. He got all of the mannerisms and even included the Rolling Rock. It's good satire, even though I enjoy the normal AVGN stuff as well.

It's also Schmorky's normal humor style, so if you don't like the Flash Tub then you're not going to like FFF.

Wow yeah, I mean, if he didn't include the beer I would have hated it even more.

Any person with a normal sense of humor would find this to be amateur garbage. Just because it's "Schmorky" doesn't make it comedy gold ya know!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey, the gamelife tv site is still up: http://www.gamelifeshow.com/

I wonder whatever happened to them.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Death Priest posted:

This is twisted as hell, and yet I cannot stop laughing.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

Hey, the gamelife tv site is still up: http://www.gamelifeshow.com/

I wonder whatever happened to them.

This happened: http://kotaku.com/253335/update-gamelife-host-arrested-for-va-tech-threats

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Hahaha I remember that now. Amazing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

That is so bizarre... the cute chick has to be somebody's sister or felt incredibly sorry for those guys. You would think anyone possessing a vagina and is moderately attractive would stay the gently caress away from those guys.

Every goon knows that Aspergers is kind of an Internet meme, but that is actual legitimate hand-flapping Aspergers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Gammatron 64 posted:

That is so bizarre... the cute chick has to be somebody's sister or felt incredibly sorry for those guys. You would think anyone possessing a vagina and is moderately attractive would stay the gently caress away from those guys.

Every goon knows that Aspergers is kind of an Internet meme, but that is actual legitimate hand-flapping Aspergers.

Well you can tell by her comment in the article she's just a kind understanding person. She doesn't come off as an "EW NERDS" kind of girl. These guys just had legitimate issues and I guess it didn't bother her that much. It was still funny to watch their show though! :D

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well you can tell by her comment in the article she's just a kind understanding person. She doesn't come off as an "EW NERDS" kind of girl. These guys just had legitimate issues and I guess it didn't bother her that much. It was still funny to watch their show though! :D

It's not really an "EWWW NERDS!" thing. I mean, I'm a huge nerd, but I don't have any serious mental disorders. Aside from my really, really geeky interests and hobbies, I'm "normal".

Also the story about the kid threatening to shoot up a school after a girl rejected him is just :psyduck:

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Did he do that? Yes he did- it's a tribute to Steve Urkel.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe she was the ex-girlfriend. :eek: I need to start up a video game show and get a woman to be on the team.

MrSaxamaphone
Nov 1, 2004

You know you wanna tap that...
Man Family Matters was awesome - it really trounced Step by Step and the other crappy shows.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Forget Paula Deen getting hit in the face with a ham - that one lady took a rocket-chicken to the chest!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MrSaxamaphone posted:

Man Family Matters was awesome - it really trounced Step by Step and the other crappy shows.
I still remember a joke from that show, where the father says that something is like "having Gladys Knight and one Pip." Nobody else appreciated that joke.

James is back to his old persona in his new video- an unlicensed game based on Little Red Riding Hood, no less.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/59650

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

I still remember a joke from that show, where the father says that something is like "having Gladys Knight and one Pip." Nobody else appreciated that joke.

James is back to his old persona in his new video- an unlicensed game based on Little Red Riding Hood, no less.

Just got finished watching that. Boy, it's a doozy. One of his best videos in a while though.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Y-Hat posted:

"Thank you for your coming."

:what:

That game literally looks like a terrible Zelda clone with awful jumping controls and lovely ways of killing your enemies. I'm surprised that he didn't make that comparison right away. At least it gave us a really good AVGN episode. :)

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

Gammatron 64 posted:

I had never heard of this debacle before and most of the videos on their main page aren't working but seeing this made me feel pretty :smith: about it. The guy talking obviously has problems and it looks like this MTV "show" just let them have a segment out of pity. It definitely has a "sponsoring a developmentally disabled child" air to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

bleedbackwards posted:

I had never heard of this debacle before and most of the videos on their main page aren't working but seeing this made me feel pretty :'smith: about it. The guy talking obviously has problems and it looks like this MTV "show" just let them have a segment out of pity. It definitely has a "sponsoring a developmentally disabled child" air to it.

I loved "because of its many flaws I give Prey a 7/10." So, because a game has not a few, but MANY flaws it gets a solid C?

• Locked thread