Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch
This is no "Winter mix", "Cosy mix" or "Chillout mix" - it is not a mix you sit around and listen to, contemplating the cool tunes and how they fit oh so well together.

This is something different.

This is what your speakers are craving. They are sick and tired of smooth bass and sorrowful vocals, they are fed up with long interludes, intros and overplayed tunes, the bass unit is dozing off, sleeping, laying in wait, preparing. They want this mix - and now they have it.

All 44 minutes of it.

DJ Wood - Speakers Will Be Laid To Waste
:-----: 100Mb - 43:42 :-----:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6883581440bbeba1/
Mirror (right click - save as) - http://bllets.dk/xpn/DJ%20Wood%20-%20Speakers%20Will%20Be%20Laid%20To%20Waste.mp3

Jack Beats - UFO - (K-Hole Riddim Mix)
Butterflake, Gary Caos - Immature feat. Renee - (Calvertron Remix)
Dopefish - Squeeze Ya Neck - (Original Mix)
Calvertron - Doggy Style - (DJ Bam Bam Remix)
Udachi, Jubilee - Smoke Rings - (Original Mix)
Blatta & Inesha, Gigi Barocco - Where Is It - (Original Mix)
Calvatron, Rossco - Go's Like Dis - (Original Mix)
Itchyfeet - Quit While Your Ahead - (Original Mix)
Deekline & Wizard - Keep It Pushing feat. Freq Nasty, DJ Assault (Specimen A Remix)
MIC Perri - Have A Nice Day - (Calvertron Vocal Mix)
Dopefish - We Must to Unite - (Modwheel Control Edit)
Lee Mortimer, Foamo - It's Going Down - (Original Mix)
Reekay Garcia - Back To The Beat - (Lee Mortimer Remix)
Blatta & Inesha - Raw Power - (Calvertron Rip Up Mix)
Lee Mortimer - It Don't Stop - (Original Mix)
CLASSIXX, Villains - I'm On It feat. o8o - (Original Mix)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .
finally a break from school, haven't done one of these in a while

112409: house / techno / dubstep
1:09:48 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/mixes/112409mix.mp3
Blue - King Midas Sound
Stop What You're Doing (James Blake Remix) - Untold
Blackmagic (Joy Orbison Remix) - Jose James
Reminissin - Geiom
Hydraulic Dog - Ame
Sunsets - Harald Bjork
The Awakening - Marc Romboy
Blunt Edge - Zinc
Forbidden - Instra:Mental
I Can't Stop This Feeling (Pangaea Remix) - Untold
Atlas (T++ Remix) - Monolake
Soundclash (Greivous Angel VIP) - Naphta
Love Cry - Four Tet
BRKLN CLLN - Joy Orbison
Party Hard - Donaeo
Get Down - Dark Knight
Stasis (G Mix) - Kowton
One Thing ft Mindman - Desto
Blimey - Ramadanman
Out Of Touch - Darkstar

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

ShoodZ posted:

This is no "Winter mix", "Cosy mix" or "Chillout mix" - it is not a mix you sit around and listen to, contemplating the cool tunes and how they fit oh so well together.

This is something different.

This is what your speakers are craving. They are sick and tired of smooth bass and sorrowful vocals, they are fed up with long interludes, intros and overplayed tunes, the bass unit is dozing off, sleeping, laying in wait, preparing. They want this mix - and now they have it.

ok, i REALLY hate to be the one to put this out there, but trying to talk yourself up as the NEXT BIG THING is really a sure-fire way to get scoffed at.

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

Threatis posted:

ok, i REALLY hate to be the one to put this out there, but trying to talk yourself up as the NEXT BIG THING is really a sure-fire way to get scoffed at.

Just trying to hype the mix a bit. A tracklist and the length and size of the mix hasn't really given me any response in this thread so far - thereby removing the whole idea of me posting a mix here.

Where I come from, everyone is a DJ and everyone is putting out poo poo mixes with the same tracklists and tunes. It's not really meant to be taken seriously, more like an overdone teaser.

Also, I think my description of the mix is pretty accurate, which means you know what you are getting...except what genre you are getting it in.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

ShoodZ posted:

Just trying to hype the mix a bit. A tracklist and the length and size of the mix hasn't really given me any response in this thread so far - thereby removing the whole idea of me posting a mix here.

Where I come from, everyone is a DJ and everyone is putting out poo poo mixes with the same tracklists and tunes. It's not really meant to be taken seriously, more like an overdone teaser.

Also, I think my description of the mix is pretty accurate, which means you know what you are getting...except what genre you are getting it in.

ok cool, if you want to ignore the feedback, thats cool too.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Threatis posted:

I dunno I kind of feel like he was just saying the tracks were good, not that he, himself was good.

ShoodZ posted:

I think pretty much everyone in this thread knows what genre your mix is without listening to it, especially since you have what, 6 calvertron tracks?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

the fact that he's like

THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT

*bunch of electro-bloghouse*

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Threatis posted:

ok, i REALLY hate to be the one to put this out there

this is a lie.

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

Threatis posted:

the fact that he's like

THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT

*bunch of electro-bloghouse*

It's called being cocky and it works wonders with 98% of people who doesn't take everything so seriously. Im not going to poo poo this thread up with any more discussion about how cool I apparently try to be.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

ShoodZ posted:

It's called being cocky and it works wonders with 98% of people who doesn't take everything so seriously. Im not going to poo poo this thread up with any more discussion about how cool I apparently try to be.

I don't mind your presentation, and really love the cover you made for the mix.
The mixing also seems to be good, on the other hand,
I really can't listen too much to this type of music anymore.
I know its very popular right now and you'll probably do well with it.
But I got to old for this "bumbercar/electronic fart stuff.
At belgian festivals its been music like this the last two years, and afterwards its like I need some real techno or deep house like a lost soul in the desert needs water.
But again, I'm a dinosaur.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Is this the new PUA thread? ShoodZ being cocky with a few HR8.5s, Threatis negging trance... who's gonna be the Alpha?!?!

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

ShoodZ posted:

Unsurprisingly, you come off as a douche when your method of "hype" trashes on other genres. Is that really necessary? I'm not sure why you expected anything other than the reaction you got.

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

mrfart posted:

I don't mind your presentation, and really love the cover you made for the mix.
The mixing also seems to be good, on the other hand,
I really can't listen too much to this type of music anymore.
I know its very popular right now and you'll probably do well with it.
But I got to old for this "bumbercar/electronic fart stuff.
At belgian festivals its been music like this the last two years, and afterwards its like I need some real techno or deep house like a lost soul in the desert needs water.
But again, I'm a dinosaur.

Thank you. Wish I'd been at Belgian festivals because all I get here is the flavour-of-the-month Beatport Top-10 tracks. It's a noisy genre and you can never go wrong with some good techno or deep house :)

xpander posted:

Unsurprisingly, you come off as a douche when your method of "hype" trashes on other genres. Is that really necessary? I'm not sure why you expected anything other than the reaction you got.

I didn't really expect people to read that much into it. In Denmark (where I reside) all the DJ's are these little phiz people who does everything so different and cool and spend the first half of the mix building it up with weird German minimal tracks and then they drop last weeks Beatport top 10 - mixing it worse than iTunes' built-in crossfader function does.

I've been following this thread for quite some time and haven't really heard any mixes who has the style that mine does (please correct me if Im wrong) so I copy/pasted my intro words from the Danish placed that I posted it and hoped you guys would get the tongue-in-cheek humour.

I am in no way attempting to undermine the great DJ's who post in this thread and has way more experience and knowledge than me - simply trying to make you download my mix , listen to it and give some feedback so I know where to improve.

xpander
Sep 2, 2004

ShoodZ posted:

I didn't really expect people to read that much into it. In Denmark (where I reside) all the DJ's are these little phiz people who does everything so different and cool and spend the first half of the mix building it up with weird German minimal tracks and then they drop last weeks Beatport top 10 - mixing it worse than iTunes' built-in crossfader function does.

I've been following this thread for quite some time and haven't really heard any mixes who has the style that mine does (please correct me if Im wrong) so I copy/pasted my intro words from the Danish placed that I posted it and hoped you guys would get the tongue-in-cheek humour.

I am in no way attempting to undermine the great DJ's who post in this thread and has way more experience and knowledge than me - simply trying to make you download my mix , listen to it and give some feedback so I know where to improve.

I think maybe the packaging was a little off, then. It comes off as pretty ballsy, more overbearing than flippant. It sounds like your intent is good, which is cool. I'll give it a listen. :)

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

phiz people? you actually think we talk like that in PHIZ?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

wayfinder posted:

Is this the new PUA thread? ShoodZ being cocky with a few HR8.5s, Threatis negging trance... who's gonna be the Alpha?!?!

The irony is that most (successful) DJs in the real world don't engage in this sort of retarded dick waving.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

squidgee posted:

The irony is that most (successful) DJs in the real world don't engage in this sort of retarded dick waving.

hahahaha yeah ok. you'd be shocked how much trash talk goes on.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Do threads for other kinds and styles of music inevitably turn to poo poo or is that just a hallmark of the DJ threads

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

stun runner posted:

Do threads for other kinds and styles of music inevitably turn to poo poo or is that just a hallmark of the DJ threads

nope, this is pretty common with any music thread.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

hahahaha yeah ok. you'd be shocked how much trash talk goes on.

You'll notice the qualifier I included with my statement -- but yes, the normal club DJs are trash talk central.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

here's a fun one:who's got the local DJ who sucks sooooo much balls, but is so much their own biggest fan that they braggadocio it up harder than anyone else.

Here we got a dude who has been trying to be the biggest thing for so long that when you hype something and flop miserably, we call it "pulling a <insert idiots dj name>".

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
Would anyone like the critique my mix i put on the laste page? Theatis I know you enjoyed tearing my first one appart, I'd like to see how I've progressed since then.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

here's a fun one:who's got the local DJ who sucks sooooo much balls, but is so much their own biggest fan that they braggadocio it up harder than anyone else.

Here we got a dude who has been trying to be the biggest thing for so long that when you hype something and flop miserably, we call it "pulling a <insert idiots dj name>".

I don't "get" that sort of braggadocio among local DJs. You're a loving DJ. It's totally cool but let's be honest here: there are few jobs in music that are easier, particularly with digital DJ software. If you're a producer or something that's one thing, but I don't get it with straight up DJs (folks like Jazzy Jeff or the Birdy Nam Nam cats excluded, of course).

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Pres posted:

So after an extended absense from here I'm back with another mix and more constructive critisism.

http://soundcloud.com/rpresley/mix-7-smooth-fidgets

Tracklisting:
code:
Chromeo - Night by Night (Siriusmo Remix)
Boy 8 bit - The Cricket Scores (Original)
Michael Jackson - Earth Song (DONS Club Mix)
The Killers - Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke Remix)
Modjo - Lady (DJ Sips Remix)
Daft Punk - Around the World/Harder Better Faster Strong (Alive 2007 Edit)
Vitalic - Poison (Original)
Designer Drugs - ZOMBIES! (Hot Pink Delorean Thrillernight Remix)
Fukkk Offf - Rave is King (Le Castlevania Remix)
Will Smith - Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Mustard Pimp Remix)
Electrixxx - Tetris (Scott Harris' Kool Kids Get High Scores ReRub)
The Toxic Avenger - Toxic is Dead (Designer Drugs Remix)
Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend (Fake Blood Remix)
Wolfgang Gartner - Bounce (Original)
Oue Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance the Way I Feel (Armin Van Heldan Remix)
The Lonely Island - I'm on a Boat (DJ Kue Remix)

alright.

first off, mix is wayyyy quiet

second, I know you like the bloghouse, i can really tell. you seriously gotta do some more digging. i've got Parmesan fresher than this.

third, your mixing is good. you got the technical side down, but dont be afraid to cut songs before their end.

forth, that mr. brightside remix sucks.

fifth, god drat do i love that fresh prince remix. on big speakers.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

squidgee posted:

I don't "get" that sort of braggadocio among local DJs. You're a loving DJ. It's totally cool but let's be honest here: there are few jobs in music that are easier, particularly with digital DJ software. If you're a producer or something that's one thing, but I don't get it with straight up DJs (folks like Jazzy Jeff or the Birdy Nam Nam cats excluded, of course).

ah yessir, the powerhouse team of jazzy jeff and birdy nam nam.

I'm the first to admit that we're organ grinders, but come on.....

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

ah yessir, the powerhouse team of jazzy jeff and birdy nam nam.

Hahahahahahahaha really?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

squidgee posted:

Hahahahahahahaha really?

I'm just suprised that those are the two names you chose. not saying their bad, just the combination is hysterical.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Threatis posted:

I'm just suprised that those are the two names you chose. not saying their bad, just the combination is hysterical.

Oh in that case totally. I literally just plucked the first two talented turntabalists I could think of out of thin air. Would you prefer a more cliche Shadow/Rupture combo?

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Come on, if you're going to name two talented turntablists...

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Came to this thread expecting tons of new mixes - It's just Threatis making GBS threads it up again.

Guys please keep making covers for your mixes it makes it an automatic download for me, even more so if you track it!

Mr. Spooky
Jul 1, 2003

I was allowed this account on the condition that I never post.

Threatis posted:

We call it "pulling a <insert idiots dj name>".

Rockwell?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr. Spooky posted:

Rockwell?

Timken

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Beatport is having a $0.99 per track sale for a large part of their catalog right now (basically everything older than august seems to be on sale) until monday, so if you want to stock up on a bunch of 126 bpm blippy 'minimal prog tech-house' tunes that all sound like dubfire, go crazy. i'm using the sale to buy all the big vocal house tunes from the 90's that I don't have :shobon:

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
btw is it just me or does Beatport have a whole hell of a lot of charts by people who I have know idea who they are? Kind of misses the point of having charts (so you narrow down the amount of tracks you have to look at by checking out the charts of people you know) if you have to check every one anyway to see what kind of music they're going to be charting (mid-tempo prog-tech-minimal-house probably...)

ZeldaLeft
Oct 15, 2004
Waiting in the mirrors of the Hotel Lobby
Here is my first mix! Find something/one to dry hump and d/l it!!
Any critiques about blending/phrasing/track selection whatever are welcome!

ZeldaLeft - BounceWork .mp3

Dr. Dre/Eminem/Felguk - Forgot about Disco Decay (Tommy Rums Mashup)
MSTRKRFT - Bounce (Doorly Remix)
Detboi - Get Low
Wolfgang Gartner - HookShot
Deadmau5 - Hi Friend!
Rick Ross - Hustlin (Disco Villians Fresco Mix)
Far East Movement - Animal (Cyberpunkers remix)
Spice Girls - Wannabe (Elektroniki club mix)
Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (Beau Damien Remix)
2pac - California Love (Big Nasty Remix)
Aniki - Dope Girl
Jon-E Industry - Take It Low (Lazy Rich mix)
Pussy (original mix)
Digital Mode - Hollaback Girl (Braincreator remix)
The Prodigy - Everybody In The Place (Deadhau5 mix)
Tommie Sunshine - Limit of Your Mind (Hostage Ravemix)
50 Cent - In Da Club (Disco Villians remix)
Ace of Base - All That She Wants (Disco Villains Remix)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff (Dirty Disco Youth remix)
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff
Salt n Pepa - Push it
Electrixx - Tetris (original mix)
Bastian Van Shield - France (original mix
80Kids - Flying Buttress
Beyonce - Crazy In Love (Junior Vasquez's Remix Edit)

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar

Threatis posted:

alright.

first off, mix is wayyyy quiet

second, I know you like the bloghouse, i can really tell. you seriously gotta do some more digging. i've got Parmesan fresher than this.

third, your mixing is good. you got the technical side down, but dont be afraid to cut songs before their end.

forth, that mr. brightside remix sucks.

fifth, god drat do i love that fresh prince remix. on big speakers.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Thanks for the input man. I do need to start moving away from bloghouse, whats the best way to look for new artists etc?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

ZeldaLeft posted:

Here is my first mix! Find something/one to dry hump and d/l it!!
Any critiques about blending/phrasing/track selection whatever are welcome!

ZeldaLeft - BounceWork .mp3

Dr. Dre/Eminem/Felguk - Forgot about Disco Decay (Tommy Rums Mashup)
MSTRKRFT - Bounce (Doorly Remix)
Detboi - Get Low
Wolfgang Gartner - HookShot
Deadmau5 - Hi Friend!
Rick Ross - Hustlin (Disco Villians Fresco Mix)
Far East Movement - Animal (Cyberpunkers remix)
Spice Girls - Wannabe (Elektroniki club mix)
Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (Beau Damien Remix)
2pac - California Love (Big Nasty Remix)
Aniki - Dope Girl
Jon-E Industry - Take It Low (Lazy Rich mix)
Pussy (original mix)
Digital Mode - Hollaback Girl (Braincreator remix)
The Prodigy - Everybody In The Place (Deadhau5 mix)
Tommie Sunshine - Limit of Your Mind (Hostage Ravemix)
50 Cent - In Da Club (Disco Villians remix)
Ace of Base - All That She Wants (Disco Villains Remix)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff (Dirty Disco Youth remix)
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff
Salt n Pepa - Push it
Electrixx - Tetris (original mix)
Bastian Van Shield - France (original mix
80Kids - Flying Buttress
Beyonce - Crazy In Love (Junior Vasquez's Remix Edit)

four deadmau5 tracks, thats a mix alright.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Threatis posted:

four deadmau5 tracks, thats a mix alright.

post your first mix

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

stun runner posted:

post your first mix

take 20 random gabber records from around 97 to 99 and play them badly for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
43 minute Tech House/Minimal mix, I'd really appreciate some critique on this one

Wear a Derby, Grow Sideburns, and Listen to Freeform Jazz

http://soundcloud.com/dj-adam/wear-a-derby-grow-sideburns-and-listen-to-freeform-jazz

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trollipop fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 1, 2009

• Locked thread