Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Edit: New page = nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Garrdor posted:

Counter-Strike

Fantastic game! I couldn't find very many ways to grief, other than shooting the hostages and spamming respawn with smoke grenades the whole match. I had to get a little creative. There were some wonderful 'hacking' programs made for this game. Of course, if you got caught (and this was pre-steam) - I'd simply get a server ban. There wasn't any lockdown of your CD-key. Now, my favorite program back then was called "OGC-9". It had this great 'hack' for servers that ran the popular "admin mod" (A program that eliminated the need for admins by giving players vote control on everything). You could literally crash the server and restart it. Of course, when it did this - there was a 'voice-annoy' function that blared "SUCK MAH MOTHAF***IN DICK" before it crashed.

Ah, autoaim and wall-hacks galore. So much fun. It also had a feature that allowed you to shoot any weapon completely automatic. Pump shotgun got real interesting when it could empty all 8 rounds on the first click.

gently caress the haters, hacks are definitely funny. Sometimes it's not what you do/exploit itself which is so funny, it's people's butthurt reaction to it. Hence the grief.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The hack conversation begins anew.

or somebody trying to grief the thread again?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FoF posted:

How so I am not related to the original grief at all?

Whatever the original grief was the fact that someone is being a narc about it in the thread makes it that much more enjoyable. Whoever that may be, not just you.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

Judakel posted:

Whatever the original grief was the fact that someone is being a narc about it in the thread makes it that much more enjoyable. Whoever that may be, not just you.

And by narcing its lead to other people fessing up the command that lead to the original grief allow more goons to do it. Community Service.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

iamsmike posted:

Monster Player Killing
This is a brilliant tale of creative MMO playing. It's annoying to hear that, as usual with something that involves throwing a spanner in the grind-works, the creativity was squished by the "Care Bear" attitude the teams behind the games adopt.

It's perfectly understandable - if your players are miserable they're more likely to just cancel their subscription; it's just disheartening to see that instead of encouraging creatively overcoming these problems the staff opt to just plain outlaw the cause. I think it's hilarious to get a rise out of someone that will spend hours upon hours each day playing a video game with next to no actual participation, because it shows off how truly mechanical their game really is (as they're being consumed by some sort of creature they believe is their god-given right not to encounter in that particular area!).

I just don't get how progression without participation can be fun, short of it being Progress Quest. :(

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

djssniper posted:

This wasn't the UT Mod Infiltration was it?

I think it was one of the earlier Rainbow Six games, possibly Raven Shield as googling images looks familiar.

But yeah the fact people moved fairly slow made the Claymore mine an interesting weapon.
Many ignored it as you spent time setting it up and people presumed it was instant death.

But seeing many people took their sweet time to get around the level it was always too easy to stuff one behind a couch or door.

And seeing many squads bunched up in certain areas it was quite possible to incapacitate or injure most of the opposing team with a well placed one.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

edit: woops, 5 spaces not 7

I played Ragnarok Online (on iRO, the free server) for about 3 months or so during the summer holidays between Uni semesters.

If you play a Thief class, you can perform a quest to get an ability which teleports you back about 5 cells on the game's grid, like a kind of instantaneous backstep, which is supposedly useful for retreating from a fight very quickly (assuming nothing blocks you on your way). You normally can't occupy the same space as another player, but if you move 5 spaces away from another player and face away from them, you can backslide into the same cell as them. Thieves also get a cloaking ability, which hides your character sprite from other players.

Once you're invisible and occupying the same space as another character, you can do things such as spam emoticons or open up chatrooms with stupid room names, both of which appear above the player's head. Most of the time players will only get confused and think that there is something wrong with their client, but the more RP-oriented players will get angry at you for ruining their fun.

The funniest griefing I witnessed in the game though was a player named "Sea Urchin" running around through Prontera (the capital city in the game world or something, where most of the players would hang out) and declaring that they were quitting the game and handing out their items out of the front of the city.

Once a large enough number of people were outside, they would swarm and crowd around Sea Urchin (since items that a player dropped would appear in the 9 cells directly around them). Sea Urchin then opened up a chatroom with a name like "first 5 to enter gets my items" and it would rapidly fill. Thing was, while you were in a chatroom, you couldn't move or use your skills until you exited the chat room. On top of this, the room persists as long as there are players inside of it, even if the original creator leaves the room.

After the chatroom was full, Sea Urchin would leave the chatroom and use an item called a "Dead Branch" which would spawn a random enemy. As far as I could tell, there was pretty much no limit to the number of enemies you could spawn. Since most people were still inside the chatroom waiting for their free items, they couldn't attack the freshly spawned mobs and were slaughtered.

This was during some special holiday event as well where you could get an item called a "Bloody Dead Branch", which were more expensive, but were able to spawn higher-level mobs that are normally difficult enough for decent parties to take out, let alone a gaggle of unorganised and temporarily immobile pubs.

There's an XP penalty every time you die, and XP is exponentially more difficult to gain as you reach higher levels. The game is basically a huge grindfest, and there was a decent amount of people who were complaining about getting killed.

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

After the mobs were cleared out or were lead away (usually by players not initially involved and trying to enter the city, then running away after spotting the monsters) Sea Urchin actually did drop a few items, but then pulled the same trick again and again.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 2, 2009

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Eyebrows Mulligan posted:

gently caress the haters, hacks are definitely funny. Sometimes it's not what you do/exploit itself which is so funny, it's people's butthurt reaction to it. Hence the grief.

To me griefing is only real griefing when it's done in a clever way, such as the whole TF2 thing where people were being locked in their spawns until they could answer difficult trivia questions, or creating macros to constantly broadcast what you're doing (like binding w to moving forward and saying "I'm moving forward!" etc.)

Hacks and team killing are incredibly boring. I love reading stories about people who exploit mechanics in a game to produce undesireable effects because they're actually clever as opposed to the stories of "I killed all my teammates :hurr:" which is pretty much the equivalent of beating a retard and bragging about it.

edit: To actually contribute something, I used to play the Discworld MUD and was a pretty active playerkiller. I remember one point where a friend of mine helped me place enchantments on an item I owned (I forget the exact term, it's been forever since I played it) that would teleport whoever stole it to a predefined location. This could be anywhere, from a locked room in your house to, my personal favourite, the bottom of the sea in the middle of nowhere. It would often be an incredibly trivial item that most people would think that nobody would go to trouble of trying to protect (thieves would often steal these to practice their skills, some of the nicer ones would even plant them back onto you). So some poor thief, fresh out of the thieves' guild graduation, going for their first quota steal, would decide to steal a light-ring from me and would suddenly find themselves in the pitch black bottom of the circle sea, miles away from any help, often dying, unable to recover their body because it's too heavy to carry from the depth it was at without drowning.

I was a bit of an rear end in a top hat, I admit, but I was an Assassin and they had a long-standing rivalry with the Thieves so it was all in the spirit of that, and people soon learned that stealing anything from me was a bit of a gamble.

I think my absolute favourite occurance of this happening was when a quite powerful, old grumpy wizard (I'm sure those of you who played the game will know who this is) stole a trivial item from me and found himself in the same situation. He was a vengeful bastard and pretty much hounded my character wherever he went and used his status to try and gently caress with me. My calls to reason that it would never have happened if he kept his light fingers to himself fell on deaf ears, and him taking the game incredibly seriously was probably a contribution to me quitting the game entirely, so maybe I was the one who was truly griefed. At least I got him good before that point.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 2, 2009

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Garrdor posted:

Day of Defeat : To piss off people, I'd make sure to join a friendly-fire server and play as the M1 Garand weilding class. I'd go prone in our respawn and shoot my teammates once in the leg/foot. This would cause all but like 5-10% of their health to go bye-bye. This worked really well on servers that just penalized for actual team-kills and not team-attacks. I've had way too much fun with this one. So many hours spent... Wasted? Nah. There's a special place in my heart for the screaming frustration of others, as you can probably tell by now.

Oh, I could go on and on. Great thread!

We found a way to boost over the sandbags in one of the maps overlooking the Allies spawn (it was on a beach). And we made sure to grab one of the dead Allies' machine guns since each team was limited to two of the machine gun class. Then three of us proceeded to camp their spawn and make sure no one on our team capped any flags. Can't remember the map name. We were banned for quite a while.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ddraig posted:

Discworld Deep-Sea Diving
This sounds fantastic and I know absolutely nothing about the game, so I have to ask, hopefully without derailing: drama aside, is the game any good? I've been looking for a MUD to sink my teeth into. Is it possible to do more fun stuff like this, even if it isn't necessarily griefing? This presents some enticing flexibility in one example alone.

If it's stupid or doesn't exist anymore just forgive my ignorance, like I said I know nothing about this stuff but your story totally piqued my interest.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Javelin glitching in Modern Warfare 2 is hilarious. It's griefing plain and simple. You can kill people and when you die, you die in a glorious explosion.

While it is called Javelin glitching after the missile launcher with the greatest explosive radius, it can be used with the other launchers. To do it, you simply must have a launcher and a grenade of some sort equipped. Semtex grenades are preferred because you can cook them for an indefinite amount of time. First, have your launcher out. Then, hold the grenade button for a second or so, and then switch back to your launcher and let go of your grenade button. If done properly, you are now a walking bomb that fires your launcher the instant you die. With the danger close perk, which increases explosive damage, it becomes hilarious. If you climb ladders/ledges or switch to another weapon or use grenades, you have to redo it. You can still knife people.

The best game mode for this is headquarters because all the players are focused on occupying a single small area to capture the headquarters, which then earns points for their team for a minute. The other team then has to deactivate it and a new headquarters will spawn shortly after. While your team has captured a point, you cannot respawn. Insert javelin glitching into this for maximum hilarity. I personally use marathon (Infinite sprinting) and commando (Longer knife range) along with danger close for running/knifing/explosive fun. Effectively, you can run around killing people with your knife and if you die, you blow up and kill everyone around you.

One person doing this can be fun and amusing. You can run into the headquarters and wipe out their team while they are capturing/deactivating/defending the place. Any encounter with an enemy player frustrates them because they don't want you to knife them yet killing you ends up killing them.

One person can be fun. An entire team of Goons doing this is an extraordinarily fun and amusing experience. If we captured a headquarters, their attempts to deactivate it would be interrupted by a massive explosion when one of us runs in and gets killed. Their attempts to guard their headquarters are likewise foiled. Reactions range from utter rage and claims of hacks to talk about noobs and lack of skills. Sometimes the other team will literally avoid confrontations with us because it ends with us knifing them or them getting killed by our explosive deaths. In a game where you can be incredibly annoying with a Jack the Ripper build (Marathon for infinite sprint, Lightweight for faster movement, Commando for knife lunge) that runs around like lightning armed with a fast knife, the carepackage glitch where you can run faster than normal if you have a care package/sentry gun/emergency airdrop marker (Often combined with Jack the Ripper to be even faster), and akimbo 1887s (Incredibly powerful shotgun that reliably one-shots at medium range and is easy and simple to use), the javelin glitch very much balances the field. Knife builds simply do not work when all your enemies blow up upon dying. Even the 1887 doesn't work because the javelin combined with danger close has enough range to kill you. Players have to use less gimmicky builds to fight you and even then they rarely blow you up at long range unless the map is suited for it.

Now, insert the usual stubbornness of people. They are being griefed especially hard, losing the game with 0 points while the enemy team of suicidal exploding people is leading by over a 100 (Game ends at 200), and they still refuse to quit. They somehow think that insulting us will somehow make us stop wanting to grief us. When games end in 200-0 in our favor, it is simply delightful.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Vib Rib posted:

This sounds fantastic and I know absolutely nothing about the game, so I have to ask, hopefully without derailing: drama aside, is the game any good? I've been looking for a MUD to sink my teeth into. Is it possible to do more fun stuff like this, even if it isn't necessarily griefing? This presents some enticing flexibility in one example alone.

If it's stupid or doesn't exist anymore just forgive my ignorance, like I said I know nothing about this stuff but your story totally piqued my interest.

I honestly haven't played it seriously for years so I have no idea if the drama-makers are still even around (some of them really had no life so I suspect they are).

The only time I played it since was maybe for 5 minutes about 2 months ago and I was amazed at how much the game had evolved since I played it. When I was active it was probably one of the best MUDs around and now it's probably even better.

If you're a fan of the Discworld in any way it's a superb game that really gets the feel of the books across. And yes, there's a ton of poo poo to do along those lines. The spell-using classes have a ton of fun stuff. There's at least three guilds (Wizards, Priests and Witches, not to mention the divisions within each of them - such as various orders of magic, Priests devoted to different gods and witches with different specs) that have magic-style effects, all of them entirely different, not to mention things like the Assassins/Thieves guild that allows for stupendous griefing.

One of my favourite characters was a warrior (a ranger, I believe) who would basically berzerk and massacre people travelling through the countryside. Some of the funnest times I've ever had in that game were getting a group of people together to track someone down in the (absolutely huge) wilderness area, using crystal balls, tracking and our knowledge of local landmarks to play cat and mouse with someone, usually a high-profile assassination target or someone who was just pissing off the rest of the community.

edit2: If you do decide to play as a Wizard then you must understand that it's going to be a rough time as to get to the higher level spells you have to go into the library to scribe them yourself, which doesn't seem that bad but the Library itself is a huge great maze that twists and turns on itself and one wrong step can send you completely off track, not to mention there's random distortions in the library that can send you to L-space, an infinitely large area that can be impossible to get out of and if you do you're usually in a random part of the library or maybe a different library entirely so unless you know your way around that really well you're hosed. Basically if you know the Library well enough you can drag a body into there and the person could wander it forever and never find it.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 2, 2009

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

ArmA 2 has some fantastic opportunities to grief.

For example:

On a large cooperative map the team spawns at an airstrip whereby everyone piles into helicopters to head off to an objective. So, I would typically hang around for a few moments and wait for people to gather together and start flying off.
Whilst they're airborne and putting a bit of distance from me, I'll dig through a weapons crate and bust out with a stinger missile launcher.

Now, one stinger won't blow up the helicopter but it does have the hilarious effect of disabling it. So when all of my team mates are squeezed into a chopper like sardines and are a km or two away from me I would let off a stinger missile. It'd be outside my draw distance, but you can tell from the icon displaying your team mates that they're in trouble. The helicopter goes plummeting to the ground with everyone on board. Those that don't eject get team killed by the pilot; whilst the rest have an immensly boring walk back to base.

To top it off I would suicide my character so as to appear as though I died from the incident then claim to have seen some anti-aircraft as a passenger of the chopper, and organise for them to go check it out together; in a helicopter. (You can see where this is going)

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Garrdor posted:

TFC, DOD, and CS stuff

Haha, I did every single one of these things.

TFC

Me and my clan had a server (really, I hated everybody, but I wanted to use lovely admin abuse.) Me and my friend would pop cheats on and go spectator. We'd have lots of fun randomly spawning gas grenades and those awful ceiling turrets that were in the spawns. Those turrets were terrible, and they killed everybody. It was so fun to just spectate and ruin some guys game. It was amazing how much people played through, when ceiling turrets, EMP grenades, gas grenades, and concussion grenades started raining down. Also, you could make the announcer say some mean stuff to them. God I love admin abuse.

L4D1
Same thing, except they could retaliate by crashing your server. That's why you had the server mod that didn't require you to have cheats. We could spawn pipe bombs that were already primed, fire from molotov cocktails and basically whatever else we wanted. We'd play a game seriously for like the first map or something, but as soon as a panic event hit... "PIPEBOMBS AND FIRE WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING!? SV_CRASH DOESN'T WORK! gently caress YOU!" They were gonna rage quit anyway.

Also, spawning about 120983 witches around a team never got old.

CS

Anybody remember cs_siege? I don't care what you say, loading that APC up with your team mates and driving into the gorge was never not funny.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

BlueberryMuffins posted:

L4D1
Same thing, except they could retaliate by crashing your server. That's why you had the server mod that didn't require you to have cheats. We could spawn pipe bombs that were already primed, fire from molotov cocktails and basically whatever else we wanted. We'd play a game seriously for like the first map or something, but as soon as a panic event hit... "PIPEBOMBS AND FIRE WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING!? SV_CRASH DOESN'T WORK! gently caress YOU!" They were gonna rage quit anyway.

Also, spawning about 120983 witches around a team never got old.

I had a "Doomsday" button - with every press, it spawned an active pipebomb, molotov, gas can, propane tank, and witch wherever I looked, which I used to torment players with the wailing sounds of burning and exploding witches. Spamming the button also introduced some pretty serious lag.

I also had the same button without the witch, which I would use to perform bombing runs on the more open maps. When I really got going, Blood Harvest looked like it took place during the day due to how bright everything was.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Has someone got a working link to the Goon Dating Game screenshots from the first few pages? I've seen a few links in this thread but none of them are valid anymore.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FoF posted:

And by narcing its lead to other people fessing up the command that lead to the original grief allow more goons to do it. Community Service.

That's my point. Now the original grief is ten times better since it has multiplied like a virus. Nothing better than 4 people hitting vocalize commands to frustrate the hell out of the opposing team in L4D. The more the better.

Judakel fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 2, 2009

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Judakel posted:

That's my point. Now the original grief is ten times better since it has multiplied like a virus. Nothing better than 4 people hitting vocalize commands to frustrate the hell out of the opposing team in L4D. The more the better.

bind mouse1 "+attack; vocalize playeranswerlostcall" ???

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

FoF posted:

bind mouse1 "+attack; vocalize playeranswerlostcall" ???

I usually play as Ellis. I have it set up so that melee makes his BRRRBRBRBRRBRR noise when he takes adrenaline.

Also, the only reason I didn't post the boat bind was that I was playing around with a bunch of binds (was later going to put them in an autoconfig), and later forgot which binds I assigned to which keys. I guess I'll just never unbind F4.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Zero Star posted:

Has someone got a working link to the Goon Dating Game screenshots from the first few pages? I've seen a few links in this thread but none of them are valid anymore.

I lost it when my hard drive failed last year, someone needs to repost the huge zip file with over 300 images in it.

Oct 24, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Swiss Army Knife posted:

Dating Game stuff.

Oh man, that was and still is one of my favorite things to ever come from SA.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Spamming voice commands in L4D is not griefing, it is just irritating. If it happens, I quit the game, hurr, yeah, real griefing.

CAPTAIN SHIT
Mar 10, 2001

guff

Zero Star posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/feature-articles/sa-forum-goons.php

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=519012 There's the dating screens stop having hard drive failures :argh:
On the other hand, there's 4 new images since I last posted this (367 in total).

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...
Oh one of my new favorite ones:
TF2
I only do this to people I know well, and god drat they make sure to let me know how much they hate me for it. If someone has a sentry built covering a choke point, build a sentry DIRECTLY between their sentry and the choke point. If all goes well, your sentry will chill there stealing all their kills. For bonus points, use metal from their dispenser to upgrade it.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Diogines posted:

Spamming voice commands in L4D is not griefing, it is just irritating. If it happens, I quit the game, hurr, yeah, real griefing.

Sorry you are getting griefed :smug:

wait was that response you were expecting so you can act smug for predicting it?

White Legs
Apr 24, 2006

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price." :911:

BlueberryMuffins posted:

CS

Anybody remember cs_siege? I don't care what you say, loading that APC up with your team mates and driving into the gorge was never not funny.

This, a million times this. Everyone would load up into that thing even though it was a death trap. I managed to get it stuck mid air off the starting bridge with half the team in it, no one could move, if you turned to fast with it half your team would die too. I miss it so much =(, Luckily Jeepathon came along and all hell broke loose again

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Diogines posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're serious. Are you serious?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Apparently. now doing the javelin glitch gets you banned from live pending from 1 day to 2 weeks.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

White Legs posted:

This, a million times this. Everyone would load up into that thing even though it was a death trap. I managed to get it stuck mid air off the starting bridge with half the team in it, no one could move, if you turned to fast with it half your team would die too. I miss it so much =(, Luckily Jeepathon came along and all hell broke loose again

i would always just drive it backwards into the garage, flush with the wall. once you died they were trapped in there waiting for a terrorist grenade

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Diogines posted:

That's the thing, if everyone did that, it wouldn't be griefing. Griefing is, ultimately, about getting the target to react, but not in a way that would logically make the griefing stop. 80 to 90 percent of all grief could be avoided by any player who is smarter than a sack of doorknobs. The fact that they don't do anything constructive is what makes it griefing.

As an example and contribution, there was a spate of single-player game griefing at my high school back in the 90s. Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D were on a lot of the computers then (God, it was a more innocent time. A teacher made me change my Quake tag because it had the word "bitch" in it, but didn't care about the horrible bloody pixellated murder), and a few people found it funny to walk up to someone playing, reach over their shoulder, and hold down the Fire button. This made people waste their ammo, and of course most people just whined about it. Teachers wouldn't do anything about the whining and of course if you punched a dude over a video game they wouldn't see how it was in any way an appropriate response.

I was playing one of the older, 2D Duke Nukem games (Which had unlimited ammo), and one of the griefers walked up and did his usual shtick, just reaching over and holding down Ctrl.

:smugspike: "Don't you just hate losing all your ammo?"
:awesome: (continues hopping around killing poo poo) "Infinite ammo, thanks for helping me kill poo poo. :smugdog: "

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Novasol posted:

I usually play as Ellis. I have it set up so that melee makes his BRRRBRBRBRRBRR noise when he takes adrenaline.

Also, the only reason I didn't post the boat bind was that I was playing around with a bunch of binds (was later going to put them in an autoconfig), and later forgot which binds I assigned to which keys. I guess I'll just never unbind F4.

If you type "bind x" into the console it will tell you what is currently bound to that key

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AkumaHokoru posted:

Apparently. now doing the javelin glitch gets you banned from live pending from 1 day to 2 weeks.

Only until they patch it for the 360. I doubt they'll enforce anything similar for the PS3 and PC is already patched because there's no certification process. That said, it appears that if you set Steam to not automatically update MW2 or have not let it update, the javelin glitch still works.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

AkumaHokoru posted:

http://forums.xbox.com/30241200/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/30240451/ShowPost.aspx

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Dareon posted:

As an example and contribution, there was a spate of single-player game griefing at my high school back in the 90s. Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D were on a lot of the computers then (God, it was a more innocent time. A teacher made me change my Quake tag because it had the word "bitch" in it, but didn't care about the horrible bloody pixellated murder), and a few people found it funny to walk up to someone playing, reach over their shoulder, and hold down the Fire button. This made people waste their ammo, and of course most people just whined about it. Teachers wouldn't do anything about the whining and of course if you punched a dude over a video game they wouldn't see how it was in any way an appropriate response.

Ah man I had good memories of this. Playing Counter Strike Portable on the computers in class, buzzed on enough caffeine that my face started going numb. After dying the only logical thing to do would be to go around from computer to computer pressing the "drop weapon" button. drat, I love that button. And in Dust 2 crouching in the broken van near terrorist spawn, throwing a smoke grenade, and making it the "weed van" through the entire round.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I remember when Google Lively came out, a friend and I made it a mission to try and break it as much as possible. We came up with some ideas, good and lame.

First thing we found out was there was a store, and you could buy unlimited items. This included large beds (we bought goth beds). So on rooms where anyone can move and place items, we unloaded a massive wave of goth beds and spread them to every inch of the place. Obviously this would have people raging and the admin frantically deleting every bed.

Then we found out about movie screens. It was the same idea as the goth beds but we launched just enough to cover every surface and had them playing a very obnoxious youtube poop on repeat.

The best idea came from browsing some random room. This one room had a ton of refrigerators stacked on top of each other, going outside of the world. I had the idea to create our own little havens in popular, modifiable rooms. We created massive pillars to the void above and set up little havens, complete with evil chairs and TV screens. Same deal, we'd have the poops running on loop while we talk down to the "inferior" masses below. It was very very effective at getting soo many people mad and trying frantically to search for us. Also we deleted the pillars so no one but us using a neat trick could get back up into our bases. I think we had around 7 different bases.

It's a shame that Lively went down, otherwise I would have done it again.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Argas posted:

That said, it appears that if you set Steam to not automatically update MW2 or have not let it update, the javelin glitch still works.

Yeah, it looks like the game doesn't include a version check before letting you join servers. People that avoid getting patched are still able to Javelin glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assholio
Sep 13, 2004

okay
Warcraft 3

Me and my friends used to play a shitton of DOTA. We would usually play 4v4 or 5v5 against a bunch of pubbies. More times than not, we would win.

One night in particular I decided to join them in a 4v4 on my laptop. Not having a mouse handy, I used my trackpad. If you've played DOTA before, you know that playing on a trackpad can have a seriously negative effect on your ability to quickly get around the map. As predicted, I sucked a massive fat one ane we ended up losing.

As the enemy creeps were pounding away at our tree, I teamspeak my buddies
"Ive been playing on a trackpad the entire time."

I was told that one of my buddies (who had been berating me the whole time for sucking fat dick during the game) stood up and threw his chair across the room, swearing.

I then proceeded to change my name to "TRACKPAD"

Another one:

I would frequently, mid-game, allspeak "GOGORUSHDIE!" and just run across the entire map and get ganked by the towers inside the base. Sometimes I could get a few of my fellow teammates in on it, which got a lot of WTF's from the other team.

Not so much greifing the other team as my own, but damned if it wasnt awesome.

• Locked thread