Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's like... $5 or less for pretty much any amount of DVDs one could reasonably be expected to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Ditch posted:

IVPvideos.com is running a Black Friday sale. 35% off orders under $100, 45% off orders over $100. And the starting price is $3. Thousands and thousands of puro shows and comps to choose from, plus a lil' bit of non-puro.

"All you have to do is put your items in the cart like normal. When you go to the checkout screen, all you have to do is put 35off or 45off in the coupon section. The discount will then automatically be taken out. The coupon section is on the same page you choose Paypal or Money Order as payment method"

I've bought from IVP many times.
Thanks for this, now I've gotta make a decision and need you guys' help. Which set is better? The GHC Title History set or the Top 25 NOAH Matches set?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ditch posted:

It's like... $5 or less for pretty much any amount of DVDs one could reasonably be expected to buy.
It's weird how times change.

10 years ago I would've gone absolutely batshit insane over a site like this and regularly bought lovely dubs of dubs of dubs for (by today's standard) horrendous amounts of money. If you wanted to download a match you had to get like 17 .rar files off a geocities site and it took most of the day to complete and looked even worse that the lovely VHS tapes everyone sold.

Cut to today: Between your sites, torrents and a handful of boards I already have a stuff-to-watch folder that is just simply ridiculous to look at. So much awesomeness to watch, so little time.

That said, I'm totally grabbing some of those early 1993 Michinoku Pro shows. :)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Thanks for this, now I've gotta make a decision and need you guys' help. Which set is better? The GHC Title History set or the Top 25 NOAH Matches set?
If you get both sets and just not get Disc 8 of the Top 25 set, there's very little overlap. But if I had to choose, the Top 25 easily. There's a fair number of mediocre matches in the GHC set.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

If you get both sets and just not get Disc 8 of the Top 25 set, there's very little overlap. But if I had to choose, the Top 25 easily. There's a fair number of mediocre matches in the GHC set.

What a wonderful man you are.

Havin me save money and everything. :3:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ditch posted:

Since you're the Puro guy and all, and like most people here, I have no idea what shows are the best, could you somehow put together a list of recommended shows, with an emphasis on DDT, NOAH and Joshi that totals up to around about $50. Like how WWE shows can't always be judged by the card, but in the execution. Way more so when you don't know half the people involved. Sorry for the huge ask.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I may have to start buying from IVP more often since my usual puro hookups have dried up.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I should note that the IVP sale goes through the end of the month.

Wazzu posted:

Since you're the Puro guy and all, and like most people here, I have no idea what shows are the best, could you somehow put together a list of recommended shows, with an emphasis on DDT, NOAH and Joshi that totals up to around about $50. Like how WWE shows can't always be judged by the card, but in the execution. Way more so when you don't know half the people involved. Sorry for the huge ask.
I'll see what I can do, but for the best NOAH matchups they're darn reliable.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Holy cow those Shingo Comps.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NJPW 1994 Super J Cup (2 Discs)
NJPW 1995 Super J Cup (2 Discs)
NOAH Top 25 matches in NOAH History (9 Discs)
NOAH 07/10/2004 July 10th 2004 (3 Discs)
Best of NJPW in the 1990s (5 Discs)
Best of Dragon Gate in 2009 (2 Discs)
Best of Kota Ibushi V.2 (3 Discs)
Best of KENTA in 2009 (4 Discs)

Hoping everything gets here alright. Confirmation email for signing up still hasn't come. Can't wait for all of this :toot:

Edit: 149 different matches. :psyduck:

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 28, 2009

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Ditch posted:

Cheers, I'll put the order through when I get some funds.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just watched Sano v. Liger from 1-31-90 and holy poo poo. So brutal so ahead of its time yet so in line with the awesome Japan was pumping out in that era.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

weekly font posted:

Just watched Sano v. Liger from 1-31-90 and holy poo poo. So brutal so ahead of its time yet so in line with the awesome Japan was pumping out in that era.

I think there were two earlier ones too that we just as good. Or well at least I liked them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

Best of KENTA in 2009 (4 Discs)

so uh, this one's basically all his match in 2009?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

coconono posted:

so uh, this one's basically all his match in 2009?

27 Matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

27 Matches.

yup that's all his matches from this year.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

coconono posted:

yup that's all his matches from this year.

Wrong.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2009/12/03/puroresu-pulse-issue-158-misawa-part-7/

THIS WEEK: Bye Misawa :(

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This isn't pro wrestling related, but does anyone know where I might find a reputable DVD trader that would have copies of Akira Maeda's amateur MMA promotion THE OUTSIDER? This is a great promotion with thugs, hoodlums, and wusses fighting, and it is so awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow, so NJPW wanted to bring in Hogan for the Dome show but he was WAY out of their price range.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There's no way New Japan would fork over 6-figures for anyone who wouldn't sell out the Dome.

Boco_T posted:

This isn't pro wrestling related, but does anyone know where I might find a reputable DVD trader that would have copies of Akira Maeda's amateur MMA promotion THE OUTSIDER? This is a great promotion with thugs, hoodlums, and wusses fighting, and it is so awesome.
Only THE reputable DVD source, Jeff Lynch. Details via PM.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 5, 2009

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOAH results:

-Kanemaru/Suzuki over Marvin/Ishimori
-Rikio/Yone over Sasaki/Morishima, new tag champs (Yone pinned Morishima)
-Sugiura over Shiozaki, new GHC champion

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
whoaaa

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I like Sugiura but I didn't expect him to win!

nor did I expect YONE TO PIN MORISHIMA. :aaa:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

I like Sugiura but I didn't expect him to win!

nor did I expect YONE TO PIN MORISHIMA. :aaa:

left.loving.field. :aaaaa:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Maybe they used their past experience of being tag champs with morishima to know how to pin him :confused:

And with any luck sugiura being champ is just a transitionaly champ to KENTA.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's like they're just throwing the belt on anybody and hoping somebody ends up being a surprise draw.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

weekly font posted:

It's like they're just throwing the belt on anybody and hoping somebody ends up being a surprise draw.

The reaction for Sugiuras win seemed pretty hot.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

New Logo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HulkaMatt posted:

New Logo.

That "NOAH" font is way, way too complicated.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nuajf?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Looking like Sugiura defends vs Hirooki Goto on 1/4. Sugiura beat Goto twice during the summer. Goto is coming off a win over Masato Tanaka.

edit: Also, Tajiri is starting up a new promotion called Smash from the remnants of HUSTLE. Looks to be much, much smaller.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 8, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Looking like Sugiura defends vs Hirooki Goto on 1/4. Sugiura beat Goto twice during the summer. Goto is coming off a win over Masato Tanaka.

edit: Also, Tajiri is starting up a new promotion called Smash from the remnants of HUSTLE. Looks to be much, much smaller.

Is it really Tajiri starting it up or is it still gonna have "funding"?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Boco_T posted:

Just caught up on this thread a bit. I happened to have already posted the first 4 episodes of THE OUTSIDER over in the Japanese MMA thread

http://riotnerd.com/cortxbomb/

Thanks to forums user mischief for the hosting.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

cortXbomb posted:

Just caught up on this thread a bit. I happened to have already posted the first 4 episodes of THE OUTSIDER over in the Japanese MMA thread

http://riotnerd.com/cortxbomb/

Thanks to forums user mischief for the hosting.
Yeah, I actually have those files already. Something about just having this particular thing on a DVD, though, I don't know why. There's no other "random video on the internet" that I've had that feeling about.

RandyOrtonIsMyGod
May 12, 2009

Now divinely touched by RK-Pyro
Figured this was the right thread to post this:

quote:

The folks at JapaneseBuzzsaw.com sent the following:

December 8, 2009, a new promotion "SMASH" was announced at a press conference held in Tokyo.

Former WWE & ECW superstar Tajiri has become a producer of the wrestling department. SMASH are planning to set up three division, MMA, Pro-wrestling, Kick Boxing, as foster world-class athletes.

Tajiri said "I want to do what I want," at conference and his official website Japanesebuzzsaw.com.

The first event will be held at SHINJUKU FACE on March 26, 2010.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Super J Cup 2009: SAVED

BRACKETS:

Winner of Devitt/Aoki faces the Winner of Jado/Dino
Winner of Gedo/Ibushi faces the Winner of AKIRA/YAMATO
Winner of Liger/Marufuji faces the Winner of Taichi/Tigers Mask
Winner of Kanemoto/Fujita faces the Winner of Taguchi/GENTARO

PREDICTIONS:

I'd say the semis will be

Devitt vs Ibushi
Maru vs Kanemoto

Also predicting Maru vs Liger on Night 1 to be awesome and stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RandyOrtonIsMyGod posted:

Figured this was the right thread to post this:

now that's interesting. At first glance, SMASH was just gonna be HUSTLE except on an indie budget.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meltzer say NOAH did 10,000 for that Budokan show, which is good. However he thinks much of that was sold before Kobashi had to pull out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yeah, Sasaki/Morishima vs Kobashi/Akiyama is a pretty huge match and might have drawn a near-sellout if it hadn't been killed.

Mildly NWS: http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img237/3659/20091209sugiura1210400.jpg