Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'd like to rescind my previous posts pertaining to Epicurus and would like to submit in place that he is, in fact, a spaz.

With that noted. I heartily recommend going into an expert game of L4D and at the start of a level shouting "SAFE HOUSE DEATHMATCH!" and then kill the other survivors. Sometimes you might get the other people joining in, but you've just got to try harder to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
The best part is when you explained what chess is.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Epicurus posted:

Yeah um I caused them to waste exactly one game of magic cards or whatever and called them a mean name. Probably took them about 20 minutes to fix, and yet people here think it is hilarious to scam people out of MMO gear or something that took months to get and is equally worthless? Isn't my grief actually much LESS mean that 90% of the poo poo in here?

That's actually a pretty interesting point. But I still find it funnier when someone is screaming about the +4 epic whatever you tricked him out of. Knocking a bunch of stuff off a table isn't really as good.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Epicurus posted:

Yeah um I caused them to waste exactly one game of magic cards or whatever and called them a mean name. Probably took them about 20 minutes to fix, and yet people here think it is hilarious to scam people out of MMO gear or something that took months to get and is equally worthless? Isn't my grief actually much LESS mean that 90% of the poo poo in here? Also who the gently caress cares if you get called an rear end in a top hat? Isn't that the point?

Since there is so much whining here about RL griefing I will share an oldie but a goodie from last summer:

There is a park near my house with a few marble columns in it that are only a couple of feet high, and a lot of old Polish dudes like to go hang out there on nice days and play chess. Chess is the most retardedly boring, slow-paced game ever, but the people who play it get mad as hell when you gently caress with them.

So my friends and I were bored one day and we sat down at the vacant spot with a chessboard and my old boombox from highschool. Then we put on NoW 2 and just CRANKED it super loud while we pretended to play chess. It was HILARIOUS how mad some of those old motherfuckers were, scowling at us.

Eventually they all left because of the noise - one pair even left in the middle of their game and actually wrote down the position of the pieces before they left so they could continue later - lol!

I've never seen people get so worked up just because of some sounds. They should know better than try to play in a public place where anyone can show up and there's no-one to make us leave. I think some of them wanted to seriously smack us or something but there were four of us ; ) griefing is delicious when you can actually see the look on their faces.

best troll in this thread grats :]

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Remember the words of Albert from the BBC's Hustle:
"But the greatest, and most fulfilling con... is conning another grifter."

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Epicurus please post more stories.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hmm, cards and chess? Looks like these stories belong in TGD. Go, I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phanatic posted:

Bra, you should try this grief, it'll be delicious.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicurusThirteen

In case anyone might be interested in a little youtube-judo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah Epicurus does make a point with that. I mean, didn't any of you read that post about EVE where the guy was harassed about his dead loving son, of all things? Compared to that Epicurus is the nicest guy to ever live.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Epicurus posted:

griefing is delicious when you can actually see the look on their faces.
You just pressed a button on a boom box, that's hardly creative or interesting.

Uncle Fumbles posted:

he's a pretty good troll on youtube too

EDIT aww he just removed his videos :( maybe he's for real after all? The chess line had me thinking he was trolling but now I don't know what to think.

He hides his griefing tools in that chin of his.

Autism fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 10, 2009

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

fennesz posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicurusThirteen

In case anyone might be interested in a little youtube-judo.

he's a pretty good troll on youtube too

EDIT aww he just removed his videos :( maybe he's for real after all? The chess line had me thinking he was trolling but now I don't know what to think.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Endorph posted:

Yeah Epicurus does make a point with that. I mean, didn't any of you read that post about EVE where the guy was harassed about his dead loving son, of all things? Compared to that Epicurus is the nicest guy to ever live.

I don't remember that one.

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Wish I'd saved those videos man. Epicurus did you just get griefed?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Uncle Fumbles posted:

I'm a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to hearing about some American style karate.

Epicurus
Jan 18, 2008
I hope I can change my title later on...

Uncle Fumbles posted:

I think so. Truly it has come full circle.

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Epicurus posted:

wow what a big baby.

EDIT - big chinned baby

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Epicurus posted:

Whoa.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he deserves credit for being the first person to make the elderly ragequit; that's worth something, right?

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

fennesz posted:

I'm a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to hearing about some American style karate.

It was a really long, boring video with an obvious punchline about training your liver by drinking rum performed by a man with the worlds biggest chin wearing a judo outfit with the constant sound of instant messenger messages arriving in the background.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can we just ignore Epicurus? If he really does these things in real life he is a sociopath.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I hardly see the difference between what Epicurious posted and, say, killing a Flightmaster in World of Warcraft. There seems to be a shared ideal of griefing as Andy Kaufmanesque social commentary, or even folk heroism in the vein of Robin Hood or Guy Fawkes, and the belief is that Epicurious violates that by only posting stories about brutishly ceasing another person's fun, without any deeper levels of expression to them. But that's exactly what most of the anecdotes in this thread are, and if there's a good exception I've yet to dig it up.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Epicurus ignore these trolls and share more stories :)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LSTB posted:

I hardly see the difference between what Epicurious posted and, say, killing a Flightmaster in World of Warcraft. There seems to be a shared ideal of griefing as Andy Kaufmanesque social commentary, or even folk heroism in the vein of Robin Hood or Guy Fawkes, and the belief is that Epicurious violates that by only posting stories about brutishly ceasing another person's fun, without any deeper levels of expression to them. But that's exactly what most of the anecdotes in this thread are, and if there's a good exception I've yet to dig it up.

Being an rear end in a top hat on the internet is easy because at the very most you are a disembodied voice and most of the time just text appearing on the screen. In order to go up to complete strangers and be a total rear end in a top hat to them and not care, you'd have to be some kind of sociopath.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

raezr posted:

Epicurus ignore these trolls and share more stories :)

Seriously they are funny as hell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

I don't remember that one.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I forget exactly why they decided to antagonize this one corp, but they found out one of the big guys within it had a death in the family. As the story went, his son ( Smokse, in game ) was high and decided that riding a scooter on the autobahn was a great idea. Unfortunately he failed to dodge the grill of a semi-truck. His father in turn named a space station after his dead son. A light clicked in Remedial and FNLN's head, and they waited until they saw his father idling in the space station named after his son.

They then undocked in a frigate and a large hauler ship. The hauler was named 'Truck Beep Beep' and the frigate was named 'Smokse fused with scooter'. Just outside the station, Remedial kept ramming the frigate over and over again while they chatted in local chat.

"OH GOD SAVE ME DAD OH HELP OH GOD THE BLOOD." FNLN would say.
"BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEEEEEEEP." Remedial would say as he rammed the ship over and over again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why? They aren't funny and they sound like stories a 12 year old makes up to impress his friends. I'd rather hear about griefing someone has actually done.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Endorph posted:

This is why you never tell anyone on the internet anything about yourself. I'm sorry someone had to die for Dad to learn this lesson, but so it goes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drox posted:

This is why you never tell anyone on the internet anything about yourself. I'm sorry someone had to die for Dad to learn this lesson, but so it goes.
I'm pretty sure harassing a guy in an online game about his dead son to the point that saying his son's name is a ban is worse than calling some guys playing magic fags.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I'm not sorry at all because that is loving hilarious

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's great and all but neither I nor anyone else said otherwise? I was just remarking on the foolishness of the father telling the internet of a personal tragedy. Probably what happened is that goonfleet had spies in the corp and he used ingame chat or a public forum to tell everyone about his son, and boom.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

Being an rear end in a top hat on the internet is easy because at the very most you are a disembodied voice and most of the time just text appearing on the screen. In order to go up to complete strangers and be a total rear end in a top hat to them and not care, you'd have to be some kind of sociopath.
There's human beings behind the text, too. The drive to that sort of behavior is exactly the same, the difference is that text is less intimidating.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I googled EpicurusThirteen to view the spectacle that is his chin and ended up finding a picture of him on chess.com.

Also one time I started screaming at a golf game and all those elderly golf players ended up getting pissed off at me what scrubs

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 10, 2009

lil bi azn
May 13, 2007

by Ozma
Chess is kind of a sacred game dude, makes the whole deal very not chill

Themselves
Feb 6, 2004

by Ozma

Epicurus posted:

:words:

Certain magic cards cost about $50 per card, even in standard tournaments. Lucky they were skinny nerds because I probably would have socked you in the face holmes.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Themselves posted:

Certain magic cards cost about $50 per card, even in standard tournaments. Lucky they were skinny nerds because I probably would have socked you in the face holmes.

Literally everyone who has ever played Magic has the strength of a drowned earthworm.

Also the best grief ever is Serenity Now bombing that funeral set to Scatman John.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was walking down the street past a dark alley and saw a homeless person sitting by some garbage cans. I pretended to be a garbage man and was about to empty the can when I whipped out my knife and stabbed the homeless man repeatedly while he screamed at me to stop. After he was dead, I used his blood to scrawl "Get a job, scrub" on the wall. What a loser.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

Themselves posted:

Hey cool, way to spend all your parents' money on a children's game when you're an adult.

Epicurus troll was epic, if you don't think that's funny you need to re-evaluate your life. College students playing Magic? Are you freaking serious? And then getting butthurt about someone with a real life showing you how pathetic yours is?

That's the whole point of griefing in this thread, and he's just done it all to you: shown you how sad and pathetic the way you spend your time is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cojawfee posted:

I was walking down the street past a dark alley and saw a homeless person sitting by some garbage cans. I pretended to be a garbage man and was about to empty the can when I whipped out my knife and stabbed the homeless man repeatedly while he screamed at me to stop. After he was dead, I used his blood to scrawl "Get a job, scrub" on the wall. What a loser.

See? Now this is a progrief. That guy probably spent YEARS grinding to that age and he lost it all in a second.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Arcaeris posted:

Hey cool, way to spend all your parents' money on a children's game when you're an adult.

Epicurus troll was epic, if you don't think that's funny you need to re-evaluate your life. College students playing Magic? Are you freaking serious? And then getting butthurt about someone with a real life showing you how pathetic yours is?

That's the whole point of griefing in this thread, and he's just done it all to you: shown you how sad and pathetic the way you spend your time is.

you have problems if you think leisure time is sad and pathetic, doubly so since you're posting in games

In other news, who reported Epicurus? Or maybe Louisgod was just doing a little griefing in the griefing thread. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I go into antique stores and knock poo poo over, then point and laugh. Those loving idiots and their sad and pathetic hobbies, how dare they attribute a monetary value to something!?

I sure showed them reality.

• Locked thread