Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Arcaeris posted:

Hey cool, way to spend all your parents' money on a children's game when you're an adult.

Epicurus troll was epic, if you don't think that's funny you need to re-evaluate your life. College students playing Magic? Are you freaking serious? And then getting butthurt about someone with a real life showing you how pathetic yours is?

That's the whole point of griefing in this thread, and he's just done it all to you: shown you how sad and pathetic the way you spend your time is.

It's getting so I can't tell the difference between real and fake any more.

epicurus closed his youtube account because we were watching his videos. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This one time I posted in a griefing thread and managed to derail it for 4 pages.

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Endorph posted:

This one time I posted in a griefing thread and managed to derail it for 4 pages.

Then I cried because somebody saw my youtube videos its great having a life he seeya later losers

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Could someone show me where the "crying" occurred? All I see is a guy who silently removed content from the web because he was being followed from a thread he made a few offhand comments in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cojawfee posted:

I was walking down the street past a dark alley and saw a homeless person sitting by some garbage cans. I pretended to be a garbage man and was about to empty the can when I whipped out my knife and stabbed the homeless man repeatedly while he screamed at me to stop. After he was dead, I used his blood to scrawl "Get a job, scrub" on the wall. What a loser.

Yes, the well-known slippery slope from knocking over someone's card game to homicide

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yes, the well-known slippery slope from knocking over someone's card game to homicide

It is. You never know, they might have a knife.
Or a bomb.

Speaking of bombs, I got an SS13 story.

So when I wasn't jobbanned from toxins, I used to make some bombs. Now one day I decided to steal a bunch of back packs, strap them to monkeys and put bombs in them all while letting them roam the halls. Next thing the crew knows, security blows up and all that's left is a monkey body. Same for medical, court and a few other areas.

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

LSTB posted:

Could someone show me where the "crying" occurred? All I see is a guy who silently removed content from the web because he was being followed from a thread he made a few offhand comments in.

Can't you see the humour in that? Seems like a funny over-reaction to me, especially for somebody who is basically an anti-social child.

Anyway, I won't mention it again in case somebody watches my youtube videos.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

LSTB posted:

The greatest grief is the one that causes someone to quit playing.

We made him quit "playing" youtube.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Syntax! posted:

It is. You never know, they might have a knife.
Or a bomb.

Speaking of bombs, I got an SS13 story.

So when I wasn't jobbanned from toxins, I used to make some bombs. Now one day I decided to steal a bunch of back packs, strap them to monkeys and put bombs in them all while letting them roam the halls. Next thing the crew knows, security blows up and all that's left is a monkey body. Same for medical, court and a few other areas.

I'm reminded of when we were scrambling for the escape shuttle in the same game one round and the toxins scientist pulled out a remote signaler to detonate a superheated bomb somewhere on the station, only to be stopped just in time by security, hooray!

...but he dropped his signaler when they tased him, tuned to the freq and everything. I picked it up real fast to stop anyone from getting their hands on it.

However, there was a problem. You don't just put the big red button to destroy nearly everything, labeled DO NOT PRESS perhaps, infront of a goon in a videogame.

After shouting "SORRY, THE BUTTON IS TOO TEMPTING!" I sent the signal and was instantly vaporized, along with a quarter of the station.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the captain griefed me one round in SS13. I was toxins and made a 150 degree bomb for self defense and put it in a backpack. 150 degrees won't even blow off your eyebrows. The door for security was open while I was lagging around the station and I got stuck in there with the door closed. I asked someone to let me out and he did and I was about to leave when he tased me for no reason and then saw I had a bomb. We had this whole trial where people were accusing me of trying to blow up security, with one guy representing me, and one guy trying to get the signal for it.

Eventually I was found innocent because everyone was convinced that the bomb was 150 degrees and wasn't dangerous and I was free to go. I grabbed my backpack and my stuff and started walking down the hall when all of a sudden I was a ghost standing on a space tile and the walls and floors around me for about ten tiles were gone or destroyed.

Turns out the captain was the traitor and at one point took the bomb out of the room where I assume he swapped them out.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I love it when a round of SS13 manages to come together like that. Awesome.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Orgasmo posted:

Flightmaster Hostage Crisis

We lured all three Alliance major city Flightmasters to a secret base in Barrens. For the better part of an hour, all flights leaving the Alliance major cities were grounded. After a mountain of internal game reports, gamemasters stepped in and teleported the shaken Flightmasters back to their rightful positions. No gryphons were hurt in the process.
How did you get them to the other continent? :raise: Ironforge and Stormwind aren't on the same continent as the Barrens, is there some way to get NPCs to follow you on boat rides?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

yaoi prophet posted:

He's griefing the thread because the next page will be full of people telling him how what he did isn't griefing, crowding out any actual content.

How's it feel to be a fortune teller?

The Lost Levels
Dec 11, 2009

The one warp pipe they didn't tell you about.
When I was 12 or so, my younger brother was obsessed with Donkey Kong Country. He had been stuck on one level (I think it was Toxic Tower, or something like that) for weeks on end, and decided one day that he was just going to sit down and play until he beat it. He got closer and closer until one attempt seemed like it was going to succeed. With the end of the level in sight, I leapt across the room and pulled the plug on the Super Nintendo. I've never seen him so mad in my entire life.

Hipster Scumbag
Apr 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Cojawfee posted:

I was walking down the street past a dark alley and saw a homeless person sitting by some garbage cans. I pretended to be a garbage man and was about to empty the can when I whipped out my knife and stabbed the homeless man repeatedly while he screamed at me to stop. After he was dead, I used his blood to scrawl "Get a job, scrub" on the wall. What a loser.

coyo7e posted:

I go into antique stores and knock poo poo over, then point and laugh. Those loving idiots and their sad and pathetic hobbies, how dare they attribute a monetary value to something!?

I sure showed them reality.

Why are you guys so worked up about this? Does it make you feel uncomfortable to observe griefing through any other paradigm, or are you just complete out-and-out hypocrites?

Hipster Scumbag
Apr 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Cojawfee posted:

Can we just ignore Epicurus? If he really does these things in real life he is a sociopath.

Like this. For some reason, sociopathy is commendable and Goony - saying "your poison womb is making heaven too crowded" to the mother of a stillborn, for example - but you color one whit outside the lines and everyone gets all uptight.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Yeah guys mocking losers for playing a card game for children sure is sociopathic!

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hipster Scumbag posted:

Like this. For some reason, sociopathy is commendable and Goony - saying "your poison womb is making heaven too crowded" to the mother of a stillborn, for example - but you color one whit outside the lines and everyone gets all uptight.

In that case though she was clearly asking for it, having all those babies and putting them on the internet. :colbert:

also magic is clearly for adults there was no way I could afford it when I tried playing it as a young'un

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Nuke Goes KABOOM posted:

Yeah guys mocking losers for playing a card game for children sure is sociopathic!
Well, yeah, deliberately setting out to hurt others is pretty unconscionable. Hipster Scumbag is right, regardless of whether he actually believes what he's saying. The best you can say is that some of the stories posted in this thread are less morally abhorrent than others.

Hipster Scumbag
Apr 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Nuke Goes KABOOM posted:

Haven't you been posting up a storm in this thread about both MMOs and your low opinion of CCGs? How do you rationalize that World of Warcraft is manlier and more mature?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I uh don't play MMOs? What the hell are you talking about?

Hipster Scumbag
Apr 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Guess I got the wrong impression from this post, whatever

Nuke Goes KABOOM posted:

Also the best grief ever is Serenity Now bombing that funeral set to Scatman John.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
It's called youtube and it was posted in this very thread.

The Lost Levels
Dec 11, 2009

I just thought of another. I just got Team Fortress 2 about a month ago, and I generally play on one or two different servers, one of which is a 24/7 2fort server. As you probably know, there's a TON of snipers on 2fort. I love to go pyro and stand in front of them, waving my flamethrower around. You've never heard such crying.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
Holy poo poo you faggots have ruined this thread. If you don't like what someone has posted just don't loving reply, you don't have to reply to every post with THAT ISNT GRIEFING YOU ARE A LOSER GOD.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

An easy way to grief is to quote people in the griefing thread in the games forum and say "this isn't griefing"

another way is to repeat jokes other people have already made.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 11, 2009

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hipster Scumbag posted:

Why are you guys so worked up about this? Does it make you feel uncomfortable to observe griefing through any other paradigm, or are you just complete out-and-out hypocrites?

Complete out-and-out hypocrite here. Thanks for asking.

lil bi azn
May 13, 2007

by Ozma
You are all gay homos who can't handle the badassery of true griefage *burns down an orphanage* *shits on miss america* *kickflips over wounded veterans*

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The 120 Days of Sodom was the chronicle of some of history's finest griefing. :colbert:

CAPTAIN SHIT
Mar 10, 2001

guff
My videogame about elves and dragons is better than your card game about elves and dragons

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

The Lost Levels posted:

I just thought of another. I just got Team Fortress 2 about a month ago, and I generally play on one or two different servers, one of which is a 24/7 2fort server. As you probably know, there's a TON of snipers on 2fort. I love to go pyro and stand in front of them, waving my flamethrower around. You've never heard such crying.

Doing this now lights arrows on fire and makes them do more damage. So you might be accidentally helping them.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
Valve has set up the biggest grief(?) in TF2 with their new upcoming Soldier Vs. Demoman update. Here for the uninformed http://www.teamfortress.com/war/part1/index.htm Where the winning class gets an exclusive extra weapon all to themselves by winning a competition on who can kill the most of the opposite class. No matter which class wins there will be a HUGE shitstorm following the reveal of which class gets it and the steam forums will be overrun until it collapses in on itself. I've played a couple of rounds so far and people have been screaming whenever a demoman kills them or whatever.

The Lost Levels
Dec 11, 2009

My friends and I used to play Goldeneye all the time in some seriously fun all-night gaming sessions. It was my gimmick to go and hide and wait everyone else out, letting them kill each other until they had no lives left, then pop out and own the survivors. :twisted:

This got even more fun when I learned you could hide inside the walls on the map titled "facility" before my friends did :v:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

The Lost Levels posted:

When I was 12 or so, my younger brother was obsessed with Donkey Kong Country. He had been stuck on one level (I think it was Toxic Tower, or something like that) for weeks on end, and decided one day that he was just going to sit down and play until he beat it. He got closer and closer until one attempt seemed like it was going to succeed. With the end of the level in sight, I leapt across the room and pulled the plug on the Super Nintendo. I've never seen him so mad in my entire life.

On the same note as this.

Back in the day we didn't have a memory card for our PlayStation, so we left it on all day and night long. We were playing Spyro the Dragon and we were drat far in it, like one of the last levels in the Dream-Weaver world. One day I thought it would be loving hilarious to turn off the PlayStation, thus erasing all of our progress. Even with my entire family holding me down I managed to push the power button on the PlayStation and sent my sister into an absolute poo poo fit. I got my poo poo grounded by my parents for like, ever and then my parents got me a memory card.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
We've added some new features to SpaceStation 13 lately that can result in some amusing griffing. (I've been banned for one of them, hooray)

Officer Beepsky - a badass security bot that spouts one-liners and can mercilessly swat "offenders" with a stun baton, and cuff them. You can edit the security records to tell Beepsky to arrest everybody on the crew, if you'd like.

The supply shuttle - in order to keep people from ALWAYS fighting over loving items, a few crew members now have the choice of ordering items. The one downside? The AI or another quartermaster can send the shuttle back the second it arrives. Meaning that you can easily make people run into space.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Getting back into Garry's Mod and I was quickly reminded of why I grief. The build servers are run by the most assholish nitpicking admins who literally expect you to twiddle your fingers and watch them because anything else you do causes lag and they'll have none of that.

One admin made me delete my Auschwitz because the smoke stacks were 'causing lag' and after I turned them off the lights were also 'causing lag.' I decided to just play with balls. So I just finished making a cluster of 12 bouncy balls in the air that would break apart on landing. I duplicated it so I could clean them up and try again, but as soon as I let my balls go this admin started yelling at me again. I could have tried to explain that 12 moving phys props uses less CPU time than a stationary ragdoll, but anal admins don't like to be corrected.

I went out of sight, made a duplication of my bouncy cluster, then set them all to super icy. Then I made the balls fully transparent (invisible) and duplicated this new version. So I spawned a fuckton of these invisible clusters all over the place and pretty soon the server came to a screeching halt with endlessly bouncing invisible, frictionless balls. As things turned into a slideshow, the admin started teleporting to players to see who was doing something that was causing lag. He started with me, and there I was, innocently playing with my one visible bouncy ball. The server crashed shortly after. :3:

I don't know if that's a good story but I just loving lost it when he teleported to see me bouncing my one ball against a wall, then teleported away oblivious to my hordes of invisible balls all around him.

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 11, 2009

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

Sanctum posted:

Getting back into Garry's Mod and I was quickly reminded of why I grief. The build servers are run by the most assholish nitpicking admins who literally expect you to twiddle your fingers and watch them because anything else you do causes lag and they'll have none of that.

One admin made me delete my Auschwitz because the smoke stacks were 'causing lag' and after I turned them off the lights were also 'causing lag.' I decided to just play with balls. So I just finished making a cluster of 12 bouncy balls in the air that would break apart on landing. I duplicated it so I could clean them up and try again, but as soon as I let my balls go this admin started yelling at me again. I could have tried to explain that 12 moving phys props uses less CPU time than a stationary ragdoll, but anal admins don't like to be corrected.

I went out of sight, made a duplication of my bouncy cluster, then set them all to super icy. Then I made the balls fully transparent (invisible) and duplicated this new version. So I spawned a fuckton of these invisible clusters all over the place and pretty soon the server came to a screeching halt with endlessly bouncing invisible, frictionless balls. As things turned into a slideshow, the admin started teleporting to players to see who was doing something that was causing lag. He started with me, and there I was, innocently playing with my one visible bouncy ball. The server crashed shortly after. :3:

I don't know if that's a good story but I just loving lost it when he teleported to see me bouncing my one ball against a wall, then teleported away oblivious to my hordes of invisible balls all around him.

Some people get like this in blockland.( virtual legos, it's awesome) So what I do is make block that sends a relay to itself. On receiving a relay it spawns a "pong ball" object AND ALSO sends a relay to itself. This causes an infinite loop of physics props and can crash servers easily if the admins don't set the spawned objects per player limit low enough.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jzmisgoo posted:

Valve has set up the biggest grief(?) in TF2 with their new upcoming Soldier Vs. Demoman update. Here for the uninformed http://www.teamfortress.com/war/part1/index.htm Where the winning class gets an exclusive extra weapon all to themselves by winning a competition on who can kill the most of the opposite class. No matter which class wins there will be a HUGE shitstorm following the reveal of which class gets it and the steam forums will be overrun until it collapses in on itself. I've played a couple of rounds so far and people have been screaming whenever a demoman kills them or whatever.
This is going to be a fun weekend. I'm hoping Valve never reveals the secret weapon for the losing side or (even though there's no way this is possible) doesn't even draft the secret unlocks until one side wins.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Shumagorath posted:

This is going to be a fun weekend. I'm hoping Valve never reveals the secret weapon for the losing side or (even though there's no way this is possible) doesn't even draft the secret unlocks until one side wins.

Everyone should just play engineer or something and refuse to engage the other side.

...Actually, that's how 2fort is already. :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've actually got a gimmick called the Civil Engineer where I go around building only teleporters and dispensers in really obvious places, then whine about it when people blow up my "civilian infrastructure". This week I might have to come up with a Conscientious Objector gimmick.

• Locked thread