Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Budzilla posted:

Tonight I was playing and someone on red glitched the final stage of Goldrush. The last red spawn area that has 2 levels that leads up to the sniper's balcony. Someone managed to build a dispenser and a teleporter exit at the top of the stairs that still part of the red spawn zone. So enemy spies could hide behind where people spawn and instantly back stab them.

That's wonderful, I need to see if I can figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
It's too bad this ISN'T real life because while you're all sitting around a table getting your pants in a twist over psychology and griefing theory, some dude could just walk in and flip it over to grief you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Dude we were just getting back on track and you have to go and say that.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The London bombing was just Al-Qaeda griefing the British.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN

Novasol posted:

L4D Stuff

I must know how to do the 'I love you' vocal spam.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

poop posted:

I must know how to do the 'I love you' vocal spam.

bind WHATEVER "vocalize C2M1Intro_402"

and Rochelle's "Coach you are the smartest man alive!" is C2M5_PlanWorkedb

http://www.fitterblog.com/content/left-4-dead-2-vocalize-list

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Blarticus posted:

See: just about anyone that tries to do anything on a Ventrilo server.

Yes you recorded something and played it right back to us, how amazing.

About the only time it was funny was on that "found a ring in there last night" video

I suppose it's a bonus if you find the grief you are on the receiving end of to be funny, but I honestly wouldn't care what the person getting griefed thought of it. Chances are that the victims don't find any grief funny most of the time.

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE

Ragequit posted:

No but the one where they recorded/repeated that guy in vent was loving hilarious. "I think my voice is getting stuck in the satellites!" He had no idea what was going on.

That one was awesome because the guys thought it was hilarious as well, and not malicious in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
I'm gonna have to say that _c4m2_ElevatorHere01 is the best vocalize - yelling at everyone to get in the drat elevator is just so perfectly absurd. The analogous No Mercy 4 command in L4D1 was awesome too. c1m1_elevator_door_open is novel too - on c1m1 it makes everyone cough, and on all other maps it just makes Coach cough, regardless of who you're playing as.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
I don't really consider griefing to be just being annoying in a video game, so I'm not one to bind vocalize commands to my attack keys (I can only listen to Coach yell "MUTHA" after every burst of fire a thousand times or so before it gets old) but there's a few vocalize commands in L4D2 that don't work unless the intensity level is high enough, i.e. huge horde during a panic event, getting slapped around by a tank, incapped and getting pummeled and about to die, etc. The best of these I've found is setting up: bind mouse1 "+attack; vocalize chainsawused;" This will give you screams more annoying than the death screams and have Ellis randomly yelling out "DIE DIE DIE MY DARLIN'S" during big fights

fineX posted:

That one was awesome because the guys thought it was hilarious as well, and not malicious in any way.

Yeah when I posted earlier about how bad Ventrilo griefs typically were this was the one exception that came immediately to mind. "Must've bounced off the moon or sumthin'"

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I like the other one better.

"I never say awesome like that!!"

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I like that Ventrilo Harassment vids just straight up call it what it is, harassment. You can compare griefing to Kevin Bacon teaching some uptight people to dance and love life all you like, but when I click play on the Duke Nukem video, its to sit back and enjoy some human suffering.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Can we try to cut down on the griefing of the griefing thread?

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

Louisgod posted:

Can we try to cut down on the griefing of the griefing thread?

This guy is trying to downplay your philosophy.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
My favorite grief happened back in SWG. It wasn't anything spectacular and I rarely got to see a reaction when I did it, but it always made me smile.

I was a straight up melee build for a while as master TK/Fencer/Swordsman and found a wicked mind-fire gaffi stick. This was the bane of afk grinders.

The reason why the weapon was so badass was how your stats broke down. You had a Health Bar, an Action Bar, and A Mind Bar. Each skill or technique that you used would use a certain amount of points from these bars, but they would regenerate. If you were poisoned you would constantly be loosing an amount from your available stat pool, but it would eventually wear off and you would regen the lost amount. If you got set on fire, a certain percentage of your total pool would be removed until you went in to see a dancer or musician to heal.

SWG was basically a PvE game with consentual PvP. It worked on a flagging system like WoW, and just like in WoW people would flag themselves permanantly or just forget. It also had a very robust macro system and you could automate just about everything. Add that in with the fact that you had to master 6 random jobs to unlock your jedi slot meant that there were always people AFK grinding the Dancer and Musician class because it was boring as hell to level them.

The Dancers and Musicians had two purposes. They would buff your mind stat, and they would heal your mind damage. They couldn't heal themselves however they had to watch someone else to get healed. When you danced or played you would just sit there and use a set amount of mind points every few seconds and would get xp if people were watching you. If you didn't have any mind points, you'd still go thru the motions, but you wouldn't get xp for it. That's where the mind fire comes in.

I would whack the flagged afk dancers with my mind-fire stick a few times. Not enough to kill them, but just enough so that they wouldn't get xp while afk grinding. You could log out and come back 5-6 hours later and those grinders were still there with no mind, attempting to buff people. Unfortunately after that amount of time they wouldn't be able to check their combat log to see who hit them, so I never really got too many complaints. I can imagine how pissed they must have been though considering some of them lost out on hours of grinding time.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 18, 2009

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

fineX posted:

This was pretty entertaining.

sixide
Oct 25, 2004

Tanith posted:

This was pretty entertaining.

The only real difference between this and the Duke Nukem harassment is that these guys don't lose their poo poo and threaten a robot voice with horrible brutalities. Both made me laugh.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnx75TsLCo#t=5m17s

I lost my poo poo at at the "Look you can't get me. Nope you can't get me now. Nope nope nope" and then... Then pure gold happens.

My sides are killing me.

Edit: Ahahahah "Super fast speed racer gooooooo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnx75TsLCo#t=9m18s

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 18, 2009

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Ziploc posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnx75TsLCo#t=5m17s

I lost my poo poo at at the "Look you can't get me. Nope you can't get me now. Nope nope nope" and then... Then pure gold happens.

My sides are killing me.

Edit: Ahahahah "Super fast speed racer gooooooo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnx75TsLCo#t=9m18s

I am crying with laughter at that video holy poo poo.

Alan BStard fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 18, 2009

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Uncle Fumbles posted:

I think it was facility where if you were quick and lucky enough to find proximity mines early you could proximity mine every single spawn point on the level and because it was split screen you could see where the other guys were dying and go back there to replenish the mines.

Putting proxy mines on proxy boxes was golden. I used to play GoldenEye with my dad and a few other friends, and he was the master at placing rear end in a top hat mines. Just around corners, in nooks, on the back edge of door frames. It's actually hard to play with somebody when you die five times in two minutes trying to get A loving GUN.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Blarticus posted:

Text chat griefing, plus philosophy 101, exciting.

The funny part is that just as the rest of his team is getting trounced, and he's the only one left who can save them, instead he sits down and goes all "there is no spoon" on them, while they're wailing over voice chat for him to come save them.

Well, I thought it was funny. :colbert:

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Everquest 2

Ok, Everquest 2 has their holiday events going on right now and they've added a zone completely covered in ice. There also happens to be icy snowballs which players are able to pick up off of the ground, and collectible items littering the ice. What people don't realize is that the icy snowballs cause a knockback and completely interrupt any action the target may be performing. The first chance I got, I gathered some snowballs and camped out by some of the collectible items that everybody was going nuts for. Players would continually try to pick up the items only to have me blast them in the face with a little holiday cheer. I'd let them try to collect them for a few minutes, then when I got bored I would hit them a final time and steal the item from them. When their frustration peaked, they would typically message me with "cocksucker" or "human being" and I would ask them kindly to not refer to me with such harsh words! They would continue on, and I would have no choice but to send in a report and get them a probation.

It was better when I got a couple friends in on it and we kept people forced into the corner of the map and made them completely unable to do anything productive.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

Everyone that was playing Left 4 Dead 2 versus last night around 5AM EST now believes in the "HEY! COME BACK" vocalize bug.

ookuwagata
Aug 26, 2007

I love you this much!
Super Smash Brothers Melee

I loved playing as Donkey Kong simply for the entertainment value of grabbing people and jumping off the edge of the stage.

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE

ookuwagata posted:

Super Smash Brothers Melee

I loved playing as Donkey Kong simply for the entertainment value of grabbing people and jumping off the edge of the stage.

I used to do this too until my friends figured out how to break a grab early and jump back onto the stage, leaving me to fall to my death :(
Also, Kirby does this too!

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.

fineX posted:

I used to do this too until my friends figured out how to break a grab early and jump back onto the stage, leaving me to fall to my death :(
Also, Kirby does this too!

Same with DeDeDe in Brawl. Playing a free-for-all, avoiding everyone so you have more lives than whoever is left, and then suiciding with them is hilarious until you get a controller thrown at you.

ookuwagata
Aug 26, 2007

I love you this much!

sc4rs posted:

until you get a controller thrown at you.

Wiimotes tend to hurt somewhat less than GC controllers.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ookuwagata posted:

Wiimotes tend to hurt somewhat less than GC controllers.

But are harder to dodge seeing as you can't just step out of range of the cord.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Always keep the wrist strap secured while playing.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Cojawfee posted:

Always keep the wrist strap secured while playing.

Hell with that, that just lets them swing it around a few times to get up speed befor clocking you with it. :gonk:

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

My fellow griefers, CoD:MW2 is the promised land. Generally speaking, the xbox live crowd are already predisposed to getting angry very easily. Without fail, the following technique will produce the purest anger and tears, the likes of which have never been seen.

In MW2, teammate collision is perfectly tuned so that when you're right next to someone, you block more than 25% of their path. Meaning: If you can navigate them into a corner, by standing against them and directly away from the corner, you will trap them. They can't wiggle out and they can't jump out. All they can do is swear and curse and threaten to hack your xbox account.

code:
     _ _ _ _
    |X                X = victim
    |  Z              Z = you
    | 
    |
Generally, people try to back up and get around you, so it's actually quite easy to heard them into a corner.

Also, a less annoying thing to do that still generates some yelling (but mostly laughs) is to just stand in doorways. I had our team loose because they were laughing so hard at "the guy who clogs doorways".

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

They don't call it the nunchuck attachment for nothing.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

sc4rs posted:

Same with DeDeDe in Brawl. Playing a free-for-all, avoiding everyone so you have more lives than whoever is left, and then suiciding with them is hilarious until you get a controller thrown at you.

The best way to be a dick with Dedede/Kirby is to use their B attacks, spit them under the stage, and float back up. That way they can't recover and you keep your life!
Another way to grief in Brawl is to yell the moves you use at any given point. If you're Old Manondorf, you should always yell Sparta Kick when using his forward tilt, followed by Little Sparta with his down tilt.
It's also lots of fun to do when playing as Pokemon Trainer, because a lot of moves actually have names. Charizard's all the special moves, down smash is Earthquake, one of his throws (I think it's the forward throw) is Seismic Toss, etc.

If you're Fox, you can run away to the other side of the stage, spam B, run to the other side, spam B, etc. Fox Illusion helps :v:

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

So a few of us goon have started playing face of mankind, the community on it are quite literally insane we have pretty much done nothing yet and still we are getting some hilarious responses, heres a most recent one on the official game forums which we think is brilliant.

quote:

Mashew
Dominion Citizen
Matthew McHenry
Trader (Rank 3)
Colonization and Mining Guild

Can we please just rip DoTS apart before they start ruining our game.

They deny that SA is not /b/, but that all SA is. Douchebags in a perpetual circlejerk.

Just get rid of them. There is no need for them. They don't even fit into the overall story of FoM.

They are a cancerous tumor on the side of the story. They took a wad of clay and smashed it on the side of our semi-perfect, somewhat wobbly sphere of a story.

CMG has no need for a "militant" department. There is a reason for GD. If we did have a department that would go in this direction, it would be small and secretive that is 110% loyal to the faction. All these guys are doing is stirring up trouble and we need to smash them before they get any power at all.

They are the Mormons of FoM (Some may get the reference.).

Smash the pests while they are small. There is no need for these guys.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?

Jacada posted:

So a few of us goon have started playing face of mankind, the community on it are quite literally insane we have pretty much done nothing yet and still we are getting some hilarious responses, heres a most recent one on the official game forums which we think is brilliant.

What have you been doing to these poor semi-perfect spheres?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Jacada posted:

Face of Mankind is already complete poo poo. If this is their reaction when nothing's even happened yet, they really deserve everything they get.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's awesome. I've never seen the reaction to a goon group in a game be "they don't fit into the story." :wtf:

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Wow, you guys got compared to Mormons. That's jacked up.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I don't even know what Face of Mankind is and I want to play it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah those guys are douchebags in a perpetual circlejerk, they aren't good enough for our douchebags in a perpetual circlejerk game.

• Locked thread