Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Edit: Nono, see what he says and let me hold tight, sorry.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
I'll take the SMMH as long as shipping works out reasonable enough (should not be an issue with USPS.) I can't send PMs so I'm sending an email to Agreed@gmail with the subject line EHX Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

Choicecut posted:

Man I don't think I could let it go that cheap, by the time paypal fees were taken I would really be taking a hit. I dropped ~800 on all this a few months ago. Let me see how much Poxin offers for the head and I will let you know on the cab.

Sorry that I took so long to get back to you. I'm heading up to a local music shop tomorrow to sell some gear (about 4 amps and misc equipment) that I no longer want or need. If you find a seller before I get done with that, then by all means go for it. The head by itself seems to be going for around $430 or so on ebay.

poxin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 19, 2009

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

poxin posted:

Sorry that I took so long to get back to you. I'm heading up to a local music shop tomorrow to sell some gear (about 4 amps and misc equipment) that I no longer want or need. If you find a seller before I get done with that, then by all means go for it. The head by itself seems to be going for around $430 or so on ebay.

Yeah, I was thinking if I split it up I will sell the head for 400 + shipping and the cab for 200 + shipping. The cabs are 300 plus shipping usually.

Now that I have been looking around I realize I am selling all of it at a really cheap price.

Nobody's interested in the blues jr? I thought that would be the first to go. I can haggle on the price of all this stuff. I hate to have all these amps just sit around and collect dust once I get my tube vypyr. Hell they have been sitting since I got the vypyr 30.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 19, 2009

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Depending what I get on my gear tomorrow, I'll take both of them off your hands. Would it be fine with you if I let you know around mid afternoon sometime?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

poxin posted:

Depending what I get on my gear tomorrow, I'll take both of them off your hands. Would it be fine with you if I let you know around mid afternoon sometime?

Yeah, that's cool. Let me know.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
It's a long shot, but I have an Orange Rocker 30 combo, looking for either a Mesa Mk3 combo or rectoverb 50 combo.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I'm trying to sell this over at SA-Mart, and it's probably a long shot that anyone would be near enough to me/willing to ship a drum set but what the hell, here's a post:

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

This is my Epiphone Les Paul that I acquired a few years ago. It has locking tuners and was re-wired when I purchased it. I also put new Seymour Duncan pickups in it when it was rewired. It's a beautiful guitar with great sound. I'm only selling it because I have too many guitars and I'm trying to gather enough funds for a new drum set. Please no low-ball offers. I'm thinking about $575 shipped with the case and everything.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

The last picture most acurately shows the color of the white-ish parts, but it's actually slightly darker in person than it looks in any of the photos. Shoot me an offer!

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

hamaien posted:

It's a long shot, but I have an Orange Rocker 30 combo, looking for either a Mesa Mk3 combo or rectoverb 50 combo.

Funny enough because one of the amps I am taking to sell tomorrow is a Mesa Rectoverb 50 combo. Where are you located?

poxin fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 19, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Col.Kiwi posted:

I'll take the SMMH as long as shipping works out reasonable enough (should not be an issue with USPS.) I can't send PMs so I'm sending an email to Agreed@gmail with the subject line EHX Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai.

Got your email, estimating shipping now.

TWB, shipping to Ireland is going to run at least $20, maybe $30. I'll see if I can get it lower with a flat rate box, but that's what it's looking like now.

Edit: I'm using USPS' online postage calculator to estimate prices, I've sent out several emails with shipping estimates. If you're curious how I'm coming up with the numbers, that's how :)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 19, 2009

getfuct
Jun 20, 2006

What kinda fucked up tour is this?
Looking to trade the following:

8ohm THD hotplate
MXR EVH phaser
Digitech RP20 valve

poo poo i want:
cash. Bixonic expandora(original or reissue, not the 4 knob). Delay pedals. Reverb pedals. chorus pedals.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Choicecut posted:

Nobody's interested in the blues jr? I thought that would be the first to go. I can haggle on the price of all this stuff. I hate to have all these amps just sit around and collect dust once I get my tube vypyr. Hell they have been sitting since I got the vypyr 30.

I really, really, really, really want that Blues Jr. but between buying Christmas presents and a sweet pedal from Agreed I'm a little strapped for cash. If you still have it hanging around after next week then I would love to take it off of your hands.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Agreed posted:

TWB, shipping to Ireland is going to run at least $20, maybe $30. I'll see if I can get it lower with a flat rate box, but that's what it's looking like now.

That sounds reasonable, send me a PM when you know for certain.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
I've got an MXR Compressor and a FullTone Fatboost (older gray model) in need of new pots to trade for a delay pedal of some sort. AD-9, Carbon copy, maybe a DL4? I don't have any money to pay, just pedals to trade. Any takers?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Ireneo Funes posted:

I really, really, really, really want that Blues Jr. but between buying Christmas presents and a sweet pedal from Agreed I'm a little strapped for cash. If you still have it hanging around after next week then I would love to take it off of your hands.

I never even thought about people probably having to spend their cash on xmas stuff. Maybe I will hold off until after the new year before hitting ebay and see if I can't sell all the stuff here first. I freaking hate ebay, but stuff sells there. I sold a guitar last February on ebay and when the dude paid me, paypal held my money until the guy gave positive feedback. Really pissed me off. I am hoping to completely avoid it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Choicecut posted:

I never even thought about people probably having to spend their cash on xmas stuff. Maybe I will hold off until after the new year before hitting ebay and see if I can't sell all the stuff here first. I freaking hate ebay, but stuff sells there. I sold a guitar last February on ebay and when the dude paid me, paypal held my money until the guy gave positive feedback. Really pissed me off. I am hoping to completely avoid it.

Huh, glad I've avoided selling anything on there so far. I guess I'll just throw stuff up on craigslist or something if I can't get rid of it here.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Huh, glad I've avoided selling anything on there so far. I guess I'll just throw stuff up on craigslist or something if I can't get rid of it here.

Craigslist is usually a bunch of idiots from my experience. Every time I get contact from someone on there, they always offer some ridiculous trade. Like, " HAY I GOT THIS REEL NICE ESTAYBON GUITAR I WIL TRAD FOR YUOR GIBOSON."

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!

Choicecut posted:

Craigslist is usually a bunch of idiots from my experience. Every time I get contact from someone on there, they always offer some ridiculous trade. Like, " HAY I GOT THIS REEL NICE ESTAYBON GUITAR I WIL TRAD FOR YUOR GIBOSON."

Agreed. I recently put up an ad on craigslist to sell an old amp of mine. I recieved this email:

".I have a Crate v1512 tube amp,looks awsome and sounds amazing American made and not made anymore.One of the best 12inch tube amps that I have ever heard.I dont know if I want to sell or trade it,but its an amazing amp,and everyone who has used it wants to buy it from me.I would really have to think twice about that one.Let me know thanks"

then 2 minutes later

",I might part with the crate,Honestly its an awsome amp you so have to try it.You can read reviews at harmony central.Lots of guys traded there blues jrs in for the crate,or played with both amps,and took the crate over the blues jr.I had the hot rod deluxe amp,one up from yours and sold it a year ago for 450.00.I do know the blues jr is alot alike,but bigger.I sold it because it was to heavy to carry around,plus I have a really bad shoulder.Talk to you soon Darryl,oh yeh its funny that we have the same name,everyone calls me (my name)."

The ramblings of a lunatic trying to sell me an amp I don't want. Come on, people.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
I almost forgot:

For anyone willing to drive to Denver, I have a beat up but working Rhodes keyboard I'd be willing to trade for guitar gear. It mostly needs the outer casing and legs, but otherwise just needs to be tuned and prettied up. Some of the felt hammers are out of alignment. Everything appears to be in working order and it makes sound through an amp.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Yea, craigslist is really the worst place. What really gets me are the people that think selling used equipment means slashing :10bux: off of the MSRP of whatever beat-to-hell item they have.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
craigslist definitely means putting up with some idiots but there's good stuff to be had. I got a stereo reel-to-reel for cheap and when I got it home realized it had 2 tube preamps so I turned that over; I dont really mind sorting through emails from idiots if it means I'd actually get the money from the buyer in a timely fashion. Unless one of y'all wants it *hint hint*

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Choicecut posted:

Yeah, that's cool. Let me know.

Yeah so I took my amps up to sell them, they wanted $400 for two half stacks (1 tube and 1 solid state) with 4x12 cabinets. I'm sorry that I can't take the amp off your hands. Didn't know they would give me such a small offering for these. Thanks for understanding, I didn't know this would happen.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Probably a long shot, but here is what I have sitting around that I no longer use:

Laney TT100H w/ 4x12 Cab and Footswitch

Hughes & Kettner Vortex w/ 4x12 Cab and Footswitch

Edit: Also I have a Line6 PODxt Live.

Everything works 100%, Shoot me an offer if you're interested at all. Hopefully it will be more than the $400 that Guitar Center offered me for both the amps!

poxin fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 20, 2009

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
No worries dude. Guitar Center sucks when it comes to selling poo poo to em. You made the right choice. I watched a guy bring in an ESP (not ltd) Eclipse and let them have it for 450 bucks. Guaranteed if I went back in there, they probably have a 900 dollar tag hanging on it. I couldn't believe he let em have it that cheap.

Doesn't that laney head cost like 1500 new?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I have a 2008 MIM Strat that's barely played. It's pretty much brand new. My friend bought it hardly ever picked it up, then had it sitting in a pawn shop for about 6-8months. Then I bought it about two months ago. Does anyone think I could actually get at least 300 bucks for it? There's not a single issue with it. Not a single scuff or scratch or anything. Essentially it's a brand new guitar.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'd be interested in getting the neck off it (though I'd never blame you if you dont want to sell it piecemeal)

On that note, does anyone have a neck to sell thatll fit a 21fret mim strat? I guess Id prefer lefty to match the instrument but dont really see it mattering. :shobon:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

I'd be interested in getting the neck off it (though I'd never blame you if you dont want to sell it piecemeal)

On that note, does anyone have a neck to sell thatll fit a 21fret mim strat? I guess Id prefer lefty to match the instrument but dont really see it mattering. :shobon:

I briefly considered selling the individual parts, but I decided not to gently caress around with it and just sell the whole guitar. But for curiosity's sake, what would you spend on the neck?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Well, depends on what it is exactly but I'd be happy to spend between $100-120 and maybe a little more, depending. A few bucks more could certainly be fair but the neck would have to be just what I was looking for.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
SOLD

Epi Lepi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 26, 2009

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Poxin, that PODxt Live is fairly interesting to me. I have a few pedals (Electroharmonix Small Clone, Digitech Digiverb), a classical guitar (Manuel Rodriguez Caballero), and possibly a POD pro, if those are of interest to you.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

Choicecut posted:

My favorite time was when this guy wanted an even trade of his Raven RG 100 for my Orange Rockerverb 50 head.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Helldump Immunity posted:

My favorite time was when this guy wanted an even trade of his Raven RG 100 for my Orange Rockerverb 50 head.

I'd wanna make that trade, too, but I dont have a Raven RG. Would you prefer an old Harmony 2-pickup model? ;)

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Any of you guys know much about the Dean Razorback Cemetery Gates Tribute guitar? I had a guy from PA offer me one for my Krank Stack. I have played regular razorback's and liked them, but I am having trouble getting past the crazy graphics on this Cemetery Gates edition.

What do you guys think about the trade? Is it fair? Will I be stuck with a 15 year old's crazy graphic guitar if it doesn't grow on me or would it sell easily?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Helldump Immunity posted:

lol that's a good one. I had a guy offer 250 cash today! for my orange stuff with a Final Offer! tagged to the end of the email. I didn't even respond. I get the feeling that most of the people on craigslist assume that you are hard up for money or a complete idiot if you have poo poo listed there.

sblum
Aug 10, 2004
I feel pretty
Stuff I am trading:

LoopMaster 3 effect loop true bypass pedal. Short enclosure.
A Teese RMC2 from 2007, modded by the man himself up to new specs. Great physical condition, it has a very small chip on the front top. It has the grey enclosure, but on the inside it is exactly the same as the new blue enclosures, with only a couple hours of playing on the new pot. Complete in box.

Pictures available upon request.

I am open to cash or trade offers. I am not interested in any overdrive or distortion pedals but am open to pretty much anything else, including adding in cash for above-value items. I am especially interested in filter, multi-modulation, envelope, or expression pedals. Or straight cash for either.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Choicecut posted:

Any of you guys know much about the Dean blahblahblabhlabhalbhalbhalbha
Not worth it. I might just be a curmudgeony young guy, but anything that has "Dean" on it I am immediately skeptical of because it's sold to, well, 15-year-old kids in high school that just wanna rawk. I don't think anybody would buy it from you if you didn't like it.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

scuz posted:

Not worth it. I might just be a curmudgeony young guy, but anything that has "Dean" on it I am immediately skeptical of because it's sold to, well, 15-year-old kids in high school that just wanna rawk. I don't think anybody would buy it from you if you didn't like it.

I had the exact feelings about it. It just reminds me of something that would have made me go "WOW, that's metal!" when I was 15. The dean's that I have played were really nice axes, but not nice enough to make me purchase one.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

scuz posted:

I second this. I picked up a dean for my first bass. Now, the drat thing rattles when I play the strings. I think my truss rod might be shaking around in there, I can't be sure. There's fret buzz all over the place, and the electronics are all shot to hell. I think I found the resonance frequency of the bass, when I hit a certain fret, the sound crackles out.

I'd give it away, but I'm afraid of ruining the experience for any newbies. I'll probably go Frankenstein on it, and try all sorts of crazy experiments.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I've heard American Deans are nice, but literally every Dean I've tried has been average at best. The acoustic bass was particularly bad - how the gently caress do you do a satin finish that's stickier than a gloss? How is it even possible to gently caress up that badly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It's anecdotal, but my buddy's Dean Razorback is a piece of crap, especially when you consider how much he spent on it new. The fit an finish are appalling. There is still sawdust floating around the backside of the trem, the frets stick out from the neck a bit, and the licensed floyd doesn't stay in tune for crap.