Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Ippo/Date was a pretty great fight. I'm on the Sendou/Shigeta fight now

tbp fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Whoa whoa can't wait for the rematch between Sendou and Ippo. Gonna be tight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

L.E. Cheetah posted:

If it was handled like that we never would have gotten the Brian Hawk fight, which was probably the best in the series next to Ippo/Sendo

Of course, there was also Takamura's last fight where he almost lost because he randomly forgot how to box for no particular reason.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

goodvisiontoucan posted:

I think Sendo deserves success on the "world stage" more than Ippo does, to be honest. Ippo loves boxing, but he doesn't seem to have the ambition necessary and obsesses too much about stupid poo poo like fighting Miyata.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ytlaya posted:

I think Sendo deserves success on the "world stage" more than Ippo does, to be honest. Ippo loves boxing, but he doesn't seem to have the ambition necessary and obsesses too much about stupid poo poo like fighting Miyata.

Sendo is just as bad whenever there's even the slightest chance of him punching Ippo in the face.

Niklas Kronwall 2.0
May 15, 2009

KoB posted:

Pretty much sums up Takamura right here.

Yep.

Just wait until Takamura leaves the gym and starts wandering around Japan

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

goodvisiontoucan posted:

After you read it make sure to look up the final blow (you'll know what move Ippo does) on youtube. It's loving fantastic animated.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

What a loving fight. Sendo, Ippo, they both could have won that. drat hell of a combo at the end. Really hope to see Sendo back in the future, I hope he continues on in the future.

I sort of want to see Takamura fight his world fight really bad right now. On chapter 269, got a loooong way to go still.

KoB
May 1, 2009

goodvisiontoucan posted:

I sort of want to see Takamura fight his world fight really bad right now. On chapter 269, got a loooong way to go still.

Its loving amazing. Ippo vs Sendo times two.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

goodvisiontoucan posted:

What a loving fight. Sendo, Ippo, they both could have won that. drat hell of a combo at the end. Really hope to see Sendo back in the future, I hope he continues on in the future.

Sendo is one of the characters you see repeatedly in the future, along with Mashiba and Miyata :v:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Geop posted:

Sendo is one of the characters you see repeatedly in the future, along with Mashiba and Miyata :v:

Ah wasn't sure about Mashiba because he's a weight class above Ippo right now, but Miyata and Sendo we're pretty obvious :)

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I'm glad goodvisiontoucan is reading the manga, brings back memories. Talking about the old glory days of Ippo are far more exciting than the current slop. It's like old dudes in a barber shop talking about Ali or Foreman fights in their prime.

At least if they animate Ippo again the next series of fights will be very good ones.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 19, 2009

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Jedah posted:

I'm glad goodvisiontoucan is reading the manga, brings back memories. Talking about the old glory days of Ippo are far more exciting than the current slop. It's like old dudes in a barber shop talking about Ali or Foreman fights in their prime.

At least if they animate Ippo again the next series of fights will be very good ones.

Takamura's voice actor confirmed in a blog entry not too long after New Challenger ended that he was approached for a follow-up series. So there will be more :v:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

loving Barfkid comes back as Hammer Nao. Really now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

loving HAHAHAHAHHAHA

'What a terrible nickname, who could have thought up of such a thing?'

'It is lost to the annals of time.. he was Geromichi long before we met him..'

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Takamura may be an rear end in a top hat, but he's usually a magnificent one.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, Hammer Nao bugged me. I also get upset as to how Takamura's observations are like god-moding.

WOW HE'S BEATING THE PISS OUT OF GEROMICHI

Yeah, it's because he doesn't want to fight him :colbert:

What? :confused:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

goodvisiontoucan posted:

He beat the loving bear

gently caress now I have to start reading again fuuuuuuuuck

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Wow. I was getting annoyed at Takamura really never being anything aside from an rear end in a top hat, but this build up to the Hawk fight.. holy poo poo. He better loving win this.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress Bryan Hawk. Good job Takamura. Just finished where the anime ends, whoa.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

goodvisiontoucan posted:

gently caress Bryan Hawk. Good job Takamura. Just finished where the anime ends, whoa.

This stream of consciousness posting will be pretty hilarious as you approach the later parts of the manga.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jedah posted:

This stream of consciousness posting will be pretty hilarious as you approach the later parts of the manga.

Yeah, don't worry about spamming the thread goodvisiontoucan. It's fun for us to read your comments as you progress through the series.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, don't worry about spamming the thread goodvisiontoucan. It's fun for us to read your comments as you progress through the series.

And eventually your tears will be delicious.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Shinjobi posted:

Sendo is just as bad whenever there's even the slightest chance of him punching Ippo in the face.
Considering how the romance subplot has been going i feel this is a completely normal urge.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

That backstory was phenomenal.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
878 Raw is out. Ippo pays attention this time and sees Woli gently caress him up while in the corner, and is almost KOed but is saved by the bell. Everyone is like :wtc: especially Itagaki. Kamogawa tells Ippo that Woli is like a million times better than him, but then again, but that's never stopped Ippo from winning before, except that one time. His orders are to switch to compact punches to push Woli around instead of big punches to stop him from being able to move, and Ippo realizes his best chance is to aim for simultaneous punches, which lends credence to anyone who believes Ippo will be punch drunk by the time he retires.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
What's a simultaneous punch? Punching with both arms at once? That's got to be weak as hell.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
No no no, punching them at the same time they punch you

Like a counter, but slower

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

This guy from Okinawa is pretty cool. I'm almost certain Ippo will take this fight, but I want this fellow to stick around

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
No. It's when you punch yourself the same time as your opponent is punching you. Duh!!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

"You've got quite a python"

Nice job showing your dick, Ippo.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Sindai posted:

What's a simultaneous punch? Punching with both arms at once? That's got to be weak as hell.

Aoki would like a word with you :v:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

goodvisiontoucan posted:

"You've got quite a python"

Nice job showing your dick, Ippo.

Ippo wins the Woli fight by pulling out his dick in the middle of it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dickeye posted:

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Woli stares in awe at the amazing size of the Nipponese dick.

Really disappointed that apparently there's gonna be yet another chapter of Ippo getting the poo poo beaten out of him. This is even worse than the Gedo fight :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man are your faces gonna be red when it turns out Woli has a genius dick.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Sindai posted:

Man are your faces gonna be red when it turns out Woli has a prehensile dick.
:gonk:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Dickeye posted:

Why would you spoil that for me?

And I'm really pulling for Aoki in his title fight :)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

goodvisiontoucan posted:

Why would you spoil that for me?

And I'm really pulling for Aoki in his title fight :)

What did you think of Kimura's? I loved that match :3:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Geop posted:

What did you think of Kimura's? I loved that match :3:

Loved Kimura's, really wish he took it too. Can't believe Aoki loving tied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

878 Raw is out. Ippo pays attention this time and sees Woli gently caress him up while in the corner, and is almost KOed but is saved by the bell. Everyone is like :wtc: especially Itagaki. Kamogawa tells Ippo that Woli is like a million times better than him, but then again, but that's never stopped Ippo from winning before, except that one time. His orders are to switch to compact punches to push Woli around instead of big punches to stop him from being able to move, and Ippo realizes his best chance is to aim for simultaneous punches, which lends credence to anyone who believes Ippo will be punch drunk by the time he retires.

"Ippo. He's a genius at drawing things out!" or
"Oh that's what I was doing wrong! I should try punching!"

If this fight were an ice cream flavour, it'd be pralines and dick.