Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Bean posted:

I owe some dudes in this thread a beer. Last night, Camille was laying on her belly weird or trying to sit funny, like she didn't want her stomach to leave the cage bottom. I started tempting her with food, and she wouldn't eat anything. One eVet visit later, I find out that she was in stasis, but I caught it so early that it was easily treatable.

Camille is doing great today, happily wolfing down all the food I give her and pooping up a storm. Pepper's pretty excited that she gets all the extra food I've been giving Camille, too, so she counts it as a win. I wouldn't have known what the hell with Camille laying funny though if you guys hadn't told me that it was a way bunnies try to settle their hurting bellies.

Here, this thread needs more pictures anyway.

I've wondered about this, because I've seen Camille wag her tail. Pepper doesn't seem to be able to do it. Is this honestly something that bunnies can do?

Glad to hear you caught it early. You should be most proud of yourself for seeing something was wrong and noticing when your rabbit doesn't act like they usually do, it means you're a good owner :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down
I found a breeder local! I posted on a local forum asking if anyone knew of a person with Angora rabbits, and 3 people came back to me with contact information for the same person. She just had a litter and the next time they're going to be breeding will be spring which is perfect timing for me, I think ( Want to get some construction stuff out of the way). Cant wait!

EDIT: I've done a bunch of reading online and I've read a fair portion of this thread...but can anyone recommend any books on caring for rabbits? I've got a couple added to my wish list on Amazon but I want some goon input :)

Blue_monday fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 20, 2009

lookin 4 sk8r boi
May 7, 2006

by elpintogrande
Hi, a few questions about my (fairly) new rabbit.
I got him a few weeks ago. He's a Dutch. I'd estimate he is around 12-14 weeks.

Lately, he doesn't like me to hold or touch him. He's a very affectionate rabbit, he'll lick people and jump on your lap and sit but lately he doesn't even like to be touched and he will run from anyone, even me. :smith:

I was thinking it could be rabbit puberty but he hasn't gotten destructive yet nor has he started to hump. No big changes have been made in his life recently either. Any ideas?

Also, I have given him a bath before and I dried him off very well so his undercoat didn't stay wet. This was about 2 months ago-
can I bathe him again so soon because he STINKS?
Also, his cage is ALWAYS extremely, extremely clean. I won't let my pet live in filth.

Bonus pix of Gigi

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Jeebus, we just ran out of Kleen Mama hay and I opened a bag of OxBow Timothy and all I can say is that the Kleen Mama hay is MILES APART better than the OxBow.

Here's hoping the next shipment arrives tomorrow!

Edit - Gigi is ridiculously cute and has the same carrot toy as Cilantro :3:

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks
Uh, nail clipping woes.
I'm seriously going to have to take Buster to the vet to get her nails clipped - I CANNOT do it at home. Oh, I can get a small amount off most of their nails, but one time Thomas flinched and I clipped the wick and he bled. :( So I can't even get close to getting them short enough because I get scared.

The one time I tried to get the vet tech to do it, Buster growled and tried to bite her. But maybe if they get two or three of them in there...

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Bagleworm posted:

Uh, nail clipping woes.
I'm seriously going to have to take Buster to the vet to get her nails clipped - I CANNOT do it at home. Oh, I can get a small amount off most of their nails, but one time Thomas flinched and I clipped the wick and he bled. :( So I can't even get close to getting them short enough because I get scared.

The one time I tried to get the vet tech to do it, Buster growled and tried to bite her. But maybe if they get two or three of them in there...

Have you tried using a dremel? We bought one to do our dog's nails and it's been great.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

I have a huge problem doing Zen's nails: she's brown, her nails are brown, there's not a whole lot of color differentiation between where it's just nail and where the blood line is so I always cut way too little. One of her nails is bending out a little and I know I have to clip it but I'm still too terrified to hit blood.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

lookin 4 sk8r boi posted:

Hi, a few questions about my (fairly) new rabbit.
I got him a few weeks ago. He's a Dutch. I'd estimate he is around 12-14 weeks.

Lately, he doesn't like me to hold or touch him. He's a very affectionate rabbit, he'll lick people and jump on your lap and sit but lately he doesn't even like to be touched and he will run from anyone, even me. :smith:

D'awww. So cute.

I've found the best way to win over a rabbit's heart is to bribe it with food. They tend to go nuts over blueberries, so once he's hooked on 'em feed the little guy by hand. First get him to take it from your fingers, then from your palm. Try to give him little pets at the same time so he can associate touchies with yummy things. Remember, however, that fruit should be given sparingly, so don't overdo it on the blueberries in one sitting.

One time I was playing with a rabbit after eating a little bowl of chocolate ice cream. Apparently the guy smelled it on me so he jumped up, perched on my chest and licked the traces of it off my lips. Cute little bastard took me by surprise. He'd been so shy beforehand.

Just give him a little time and hand-feeding.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

ShadowCatboy posted:

D'awww. So cute.

I've found the best way to win over a rabbit's heart is to bribe it with food. They tend to go nuts over blueberries, so once he's hooked on 'em feed the little guy by hand. First get him to take it from your fingers, then from your palm. Try to give him little pets at the same time so he can associate touchies with yummy things. Remember, however, that fruit should be given sparingly, so don't overdo it on the blueberries in one sitting.

One time I was playing with a rabbit after eating a little bowl of chocolate ice cream. Apparently the guy smelled it on me so he jumped up, perched on my chest and licked the traces of it off my lips. Cute little bastard took me by surprise. He'd been so shy beforehand.

Aawwwwwww I love it when my buns try to make out with me. :D

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

He might be trying to hide the fact that he's in pain. Is he eating normally?

quote:

Also, I have given him a bath before and I dried him off very well so his undercoat didn't stay wet. This was about 2 months ago-
can I bathe him again so soon because he STINKS?
Also, his cage is ALWAYS extremely, extremely clean. I won't let my pet live in filth.

They're really not supposed to stink. Either he has some kind of nasty medical problem or he loves to sit in his own piss and crap. Do you change his litterbox every couple of days?

lookin 4 sk8r boi
May 7, 2006

by elpintogrande

ShadowCatboy posted:

D'awww. So cute.

aww thank you :)
This is what we've been trying to do- he really really likes oranges and dill so when I want to pet him I'll always give him a little snack as a reward for tolerating me. I bet he just needs some more time since I've only had him for about 6 weeks. I'm glad to hear this is what I'm supposed to be doing!
He demanded rubs this morning though, so I'm pretty happy :keke:

DS at Night posted:

He might be trying to hide the fact that he's in pain. Is he eating normally?

They're really not supposed to stink. Either he has some kind of nasty medical problem or he loves to sit in his own piss and crap. Do you change his litterbox every couple of days?

Oh yes he's fine. He just went to the vet 2 weeks ago and got a clean bill of health. He's very energetic and happy and eats like a piggy.

I clean it the first day then the next day I'll add another thin layer of Carefresh, then clean it again, etc.
His white gradually turns yellow everywhere- even on his back, so I'm not too sure what it is. He has an igloo and always lays in/on it or on the carpet outside his cage.
I think it's because he runs a lot and gets into everything.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

angelicism posted:

Aawwwwwww I love it when my buns try to make out with me. :D

This isn't so cute when you see that they just munched something straight from their butt :mad:

candeh
Apr 1, 2005

your reviews aren't that good

Bagleworm posted:

Uh, nail clipping woes.

How are you holding them? Bunny burrito? Have you tried trancing them?

angelicism posted:

I have a huge problem doing Zen's nails: she's brown, her nails are brown, there's not a whole lot of color differentiation between where it's just nail and where the blood line is so I always cut way too little. One of her nails is bending out a little and I know I have to clip it but I'm still too terrified to hit blood.

I have the same problem. I have my nail-clipping partner hold a flashlight behind the nail and it shows where the quick is clearly.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

candeh posted:

How are you holding them? Bunny burrito? Have you tried trancing them?

After trying burrito, trancing, and something akin to towel bondage, we found something that works but is really, really silly-looking.

I built a box out of cube grids, and I put the Buster inside. And then I can clip her nails from below while she sits on the grids. She doesn't bite, hyperventilate or struggle and it's the only way I can get anything done. The other two are fine - Nobbers goes into trance really easy and Thomas will freeze as soon as we wrap him up, but Buster is a willful little bitch. I wish they'd understand I'm trying to help them.

We have a dremel, so I'm actually going to see how that goes later tonight. If I can combine power tools with the grid box than I'll be set.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

This just in, bunnies absolutely love adult size snuggies. Went to pick it up off the couch and noticed something shifting around in both sleeves. Looking in all I could see were two white tails around the elbow area and the sound of digging.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Fenarisk posted:

This isn't so cute when you see that they just munched something straight from their butt :mad:

Stop reminding me of this, I try to forget it every time Frith kisses me.

Apocalypse Please
May 7, 2007

Is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?!

ShadowCatboy posted:

D'awww. So cute.

I've found the best way to win over a rabbit's heart is to bribe it with food. They tend to go nuts over blueberries, so once he's hooked on 'em feed the little guy by hand.

Blueberries eh? I've tried strawberries and raisins so far and Flops wouldn't even take a bite of either.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Ughhhh I finally set up a box in my room for the buns to hang around in, and both of them love it, so I'm going to set up a second box (really I want to find one big box for them to learn to share). I put in some of my old clothes that are torn up for them to dig around in. And Zen peed all over everything! I was so annoyed that I just threw them all out because they were old clothes anyway, but now Frith is grumpy because he was comfy before.

Zen also keeps territorially pooping all over my room, it is so frustrating.

At least they don't fight anymore. :sigh:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Cilantro is at the vet today because last night she wasn't eating and got to have a fun trip to the emergency vet. One diagnosis of mild GI stasis and a possible dental abscess later, we're home at 3:30 AM. Hopefully the check at the normal vet today will be something minor and simple and not a new dental abscess because they were a pain in the rear end last time. :(

Edit: It turned out to be overgrown molars w/ gingivitis and inflamed gums. Treatment will be antibiotics and some meds to help her GI get moving again. She's eating again, which is good, but not pooping so much yet. :ohdear:

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 23, 2009

Lagomorpha
Feb 17, 2009

Happy Christmas guys!

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Lagomorpha posted:

Happy Christmas guys!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :neckbeard:

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Apocalypse Please posted:

Blueberries eh? I've tried strawberries and raisins so far and Flops wouldn't even take a bite of either.

Mine both love blueberries but only Debbie seems to like strawberries. You could try craisins and grape halves, those are like crack to my rabbits.

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Windy posted:

Mine both love blueberries but only Debbie seems to like strawberries. You could try craisins and grape halves, those are like crack to my rabbits.

Zen actually isn't super keen on fruit; she'll take a few nibbles, and doesn't hate it, but it doesn't send her into a frenzy.

Rice does. I found this out after I was eating near her and accidentally dropped a few grains, she nibbled, and then started trying to climb all over me for more.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grape halves should be done very very sparingly, given how sugary they are. Some buns also like bananas or apple slices.

There was one poster who mentioned how her bunny went nuts for Chex Mix. She'd keep a bag in her purse for snacking on during the work day, but if she didn't take it out and hide it properly her bunny would end up armpit-deep in aforementioned purse trying to chow down on starchy-sweet Chex goodness.

Basically, anything starchy or sugary is a wonderful treat to bond with your bun, but more than a piece or two now and again is asking for trouble. Other fruits should be okay in tablespoon to half-cup quantities, but you'd want to check HRS as always.

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me
(Hi all :) . I lurk here from time to time...I've got a little mixed breed named Hailie and a purebred Flemish Giant named Butters)

Pardalis posted:

third eyelid stuff

I know I'm a bit late to this, but I just wanted to say that it's kind of a Flemish thing. I've had two (lost my first girl a few years ago :( (got sore hocks even though she was never on wire in her life...didn't have the best foot felt) and currently have my big boy :3: (who has amazing fur on his feet, thank goodness)), and both of them have had very visible third eyelids that often covered half their eyes when they were being lazy.

Flemmies are great, enjoy your Juniper!

Pig Boots fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 24, 2009

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper

Pig Boots posted:

(Hi all :) . I lurk here from time to time...I've got a little mixed breed named Hailie and a purebred Flemish Giant named Butters)

I know I'm a bit late to this, but I just wanted to say that it's kind of a Flemish thing. I've had two (lost my first girl a few years ago :( (got sore hocks even though she was never on wire in her life...didn't have the best foot felt) and currently have my big boy :3 (who has amazing fur on his feet, thank goodness)), and both of them have had very visible third eyelids that often covered half their eyes when they were being lazy.

Flemmies are great, enjoy your Juniper!

I don't believe that you have your so called "bunnies" since there are no photos of them :colbert:

Thanks for the info on the third eyelid! It doesn't seem to bother him at all, so I guess it is just part of his charm. How do you know when a bunny has sore hocks? June was really matted up all over when we got him and when I checked out his feet, they were also matted. I trimmed some of the bigger knotty mats back a bit and found that he has a sort of bumpy callous on a hind foot. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it hasn't gone away. I have never kept any of my buns on wire (in fact, June is only on carpet and thick dog beds, haha) but he was probably kept on wire in his old outside home. Is there anything I can do about it? My vet didn't say much other than to keep an eye on it and notify her if it changes.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I give my bunnies raisins, and they get pretty stupid for those, but I have them capped at two raisins a day max. Is this way too many/too few? Are blueberries less sugary?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
anyone have recommendations for litter that isn't really dusty? I've been using carefresh but it just seems so freaking dusty...I dumped some into the litterbox without putting a liner in because I wasn't paying attention, and when I dumped it back out there was a bunch of dirt in the bottom of the pan.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper

Levitate posted:

anyone have recommendations for litter that isn't really dusty? I've been using carefresh but it just seems so freaking dusty...I dumped some into the litterbox without putting a liner in because I wasn't paying attention, and when I dumped it back out there was a bunch of dirt in the bottom of the pan.

I use Bear Mountain stove pellets. It's like $5 for a 40 lb bag.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Pardalis posted:

I use Bear Mountain stove pellets. It's like $5 for a 40 lb bag.

Yep. Insanely cheap and they work well.

Ragnarok Plus
Jul 19, 2003

"I don't want to solve this mystery."
IjustgotdwarfbunniesforChristmasohmygodohmygodohmygod :neckbeard:

My husband has been on a bunny-hate crusade this entire year so I was definitely taken aback, he was throwing me a red herring! Downside of this is I deleted all of my bunny resources expecting to never have a bunny and was hoping to pick the brains of the veteran house bunny fanatics in this thread.

I'm already doing some basic research and currently reading through dwarfbunnies.org and rabbits.org. I'm told the two I was given are 8 weeks old now and have NOT been sexed nor have they seen a vet so I'm trying to find reviews on vets in the area. For anyone in the know, I live in south Orange County if you've got one to recommend! My husband says they're a a dwarf mix and I'm currently waiting on a response from my sister as to their exact breed as she was the one who contacted the breeder in the first place and it just feels like I was given woefully inadequate information.

Still letting them get acclimatized to the new location right now and hoping to have a go and introducing myself to them with food bribery later on tonight and take some pictures. I hope they like me :ohdear:

justFaye
Mar 27, 2009

Ragnarok Plus posted:

I'm told the two I was given are 8 weeks old now and have NOT been sexed nor have they seen a vet so I'm trying to find reviews on vets in the area. For anyone in the know, I live in south Orange County if you've got one to recommend!

Maybe this is too far for you, I'm not sure, but our vet is in Monrovia and she is EXCELLENT. Dr. Sari Kanfer at Dr. Domotor's Animal House. We drive an hour plus to see her. She is extremely knowledgeable--she said that something like 90% of her patients are rabbits. She works with two of the local rabbit rescues, and we always see tons of other rabbit clients in there when we go (including people we know from the rescues).

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

Pardalis posted:

I don't believe that you have your so called "bunnies" since there are no photos of them :colbert:

Thanks for the info on the third eyelid! It doesn't seem to bother him at all, so I guess it is just part of his charm. How do you know when a bunny has sore hocks? June was really matted up all over when we got him and when I checked out his feet, they were also matted. I trimmed some of the bigger knotty mats back a bit and found that he has a sort of bumpy callous on a hind foot. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it hasn't gone away. I have never kept any of my buns on wire (in fact, June is only on carpet and thick dog beds, haha) but he was probably kept on wire in his old outside home. Is there anything I can do about it? My vet didn't say much other than to keep an eye on it and notify her if it changes.

Yeah, the third eyelid thing never bothered my Flemmies. I think it's just super visible on them because they're so huge.

You basically need to check their feet often. I would keep an eye on that callus, especially if there's no fur there. If it gets red or starts bleeding, you need to take action. Juniper should be fine on carpets and dog beds :) .

First time using waffle to post pics...hope this works!

This was my Dinah (the bun who got sore hocks):

This is my little mixed breed, Hailie Jade (old pic because she looks cute here. She's almost 8 now):

This is my purebred Flemish Giant boy, Butters (baby pic because I cannot for the life of me find more recent pics of him on this computer :downs:...also, pardon the redeye ) :

His ear tattoo (breeder tattoos them and since he's not a show bunny, she let me have this done instead of the usual letters and numbers...it's a South Park reference):

I think it looks like he got a prison tattoo of his gang name or something.

candeh
Apr 1, 2005

your reviews aren't that good

Ragnarok Plus posted:

I'm told the two I was given are 8 weeks old now and have NOT been sexed nor have they seen a vet so I'm trying to find reviews on vets in the area. For anyone in the know, I live in south Orange County if you've got one to recommend!

I used to live in Irvine and I took my various pets to Dr. Mabley at Arbor Animal Hospital for many many years. They are really terrific. The last time I was there, we saw Dr. Andrew who was also very kind and really knew his stuff.

I have also taken my rabbits to see Dr. Barbara Starr at Noah's Ark Fullerton Animal Hospital. I would say that she is more knowledgeable about rabbits but not as personable if that makes a difference for you.

Here is the rabbit-savvy vet list from the rescue organization I adopted my dwarfs from. Good luck, dwarf breeds are a lot of bun in a little package.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ragnarok Plus posted:

IjustgotdwarfbunniesforChristmasohmygodohmygodohmygod :neckbeard:

My husband has been on a bunny-hate crusade this entire year so I was definitely taken aback, he was throwing me a red herring! Downside of this is I deleted all of my bunny resources expecting to never have a bunny and was hoping to pick the brains of the veteran house bunny fanatics in this thread.

I'm already doing some basic research and currently reading through dwarfbunnies.org and rabbits.org. I'm told the two I was given are 8 weeks old now and have NOT been sexed nor have they seen a vet so I'm trying to find reviews on vets in the area. For anyone in the know, I live in south Orange County if you've got one to recommend! My husband says they're a a dwarf mix and I'm currently waiting on a response from my sister as to their exact breed as she was the one who contacted the breeder in the first place and it just feels like I was given woefully inadequate information.

Still letting them get acclimatized to the new location right now and hoping to have a go and introducing myself to them with food bribery later on tonight and take some pictures. I hope they like me :ohdear:

Oh my gooooood. :swoon:

One girlgoon I know has a bun, Jimmy, who's the cutest little thing ever (also, dwarf). Apparently she carried him everywhere she could when he was just a baby so he'd get used to her scent and get accustomed to being handled, and he's turned out to be a total sweetie pie. Whenever she visits (he lives with girlgoon's mom due to living situation) he's always super happy and bounds right up to her giving her lickies on the face. He also really loves people.

As she often gushes, "He thinks I'm his mommy!"

Just be sure to play with and handle them as much as possible. And of course keep them safe, like not letting them get near dogs or cats and keep them out of the kitchen where big nasty sharp things are.

That, and I got the blueberry tip from girlgoon and Jimmy. It's his favorite treat when he's been a good boy. :)

Also, your husband is totally awesome.

Also2, here's Jimmy's baby picture (I presume I still have permission from girlgoon to post it)

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

Zen and Frith finally ate out of a food bowl together for the first time! Eeeeeee. And of course the moment I ran to get a camera Zen decided she was done and wandered off.

Boo.

Next time I will be prepared.

lookin 4 sk8r boi
May 7, 2006

by elpintogrande
I just went on a 5 day long trip and my boyfriend's stupid rear end sister had to watch my rabbit.

He is usually extremely energetic and happy, but when I came home he seemed really lethargic. His eyes seem swollen and kind of red, not alert like they usually are. Almost like he is worried.

He seems really tired- I may be overreacting and I'll wait a day or two because he doesn't seem like he'll drop dead any second, I'm still worried though. And when I try to play with him he just lays down and closes his eyes. He keeps stretching out and closing them.

I also noticed he ate a LOT of wood off of the door frame by his cage. Can this kill him? He has eaten a little before but we always tell him NO and he stops. He obviously didn't get supervised correctly. :sigh:

He is eating and pooping normal as I can see. Poops are big like always and no poops are stuck to him. His tummy doesn't seem swollen or anything.

Could he just be chilly (it is cold here) or depressed from not having me around?

okiecompy
Jul 13, 2007

I just went on a 5 day long trip and my boyfriend's stupid rear end sister had to watch my rabbit.

He is usually extremely energetic and happy, but when I came home he seemed really lethargic. His eyes seem swollen and kind of red, not alert like they usually are. Almost like he is worried.

He seems really tired- I may be overreacting and I'll wait a day or two because he doesn't seem like he'll drop dead any second, I'm still worried though. And when I try to play with him he just lays down and closes his eyes. He keeps stretching out and closing them.

I also noticed he ate a LOT of wood off of the door frame by his cage. Can this kill him? He has eaten a little before but we always tell him NO and he stops. He obviously didn't get supervised correctly. :sigh:

He is eating and pooping normal as I can see. Poops are big like always and no poops are stuck to him. His tummy doesn't seem swollen or anything.

Could he just be chilly (it is cold here) or depressed from not having me around?

Please please please take your bun to the vet ASAP! Rabbits are prey animals and will hide pain and illness for as long as possible to not seem vulnerable to predators, so if he's showing any kind of weirdness that is a very bad sign. Rabbits get sick and can die very very quickly, so even if it *seems* to you like he might not die tomorrow, he very well could. Please take him to the vet!

lookin 4 sk8r boi
May 7, 2006

by elpintogrande

okiecompy posted:

Please please please take your bun to the vet ASAP! Rabbits are prey animals and will hide pain and illness for as long as possible to not seem vulnerable to predators, so if he's showing any kind of weirdness that is a very bad sign. Rabbits get sick and can die very very quickly, so even if it *seems* to you like he might not die tomorrow, he very well could. Please take him to the vet!

Well, I put a heated blanket over his pen and he seems to be doing a lot better. Back to his normal self. Probably just cold and missed me. I guess I just overreacted :( He is eating a lot right now too. Thank you for your advice though. I didn't realize it is that fast with rabbits. I will remember this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok Plus
Jul 19, 2003

"I don't want to solve this mystery."

candeh posted:

Vet Info

Thanks very much! I'll put them on my list of vets to call to see where I want to take my buns.

On that note, I'm reading through the thread as well and other resources and I'm seeing anywhere from as early as 8 weeks for vaccinations and 6 weeks for spaying/neutering suggested. Is that right? Seems rather young for a bun! Don't want anymore buns on my hands (well I do but not in an irresponsible manner!) and since they haven't been sexed yet - and I don't think I could tell on my own - I want to know about when I should make sure that they're sexed and spayed to avoid any new additions. I figure that since they're still getting used to me, I'd rather spare them a week or two of additional bonding time so a vet visit isn't quite as stressful for them but I don't want to push it at all.

ShadowCatboy posted:

Oh my goodness, I want to eat Jimmy, he is so cute!

I'm not certain how my fluffbutts would appreciate being taken around everywhere now, I don't have a sling or anything to put them in to hang out with me around the house. Thus far I've put a sheet down on top of the bed/couch/etc and had them out with me just chilling. They're still shy about walking out of their cage of their own volition, the gold one will come out on their own but as soon as they know I see it they dart back in.

They're making less of a fuss about getting picked up now (although still some fuss!) unfortunately that's the only way I can take them out of their cage for cleaning/hanging out :( They're putting up better with patting in their cage and will eat pellets out of my hand with minor skittishness. The black one is definitely the more skittery one of the two, whilst the gold one puts up with significantly more attention before scooting along.

Also the sister says they're a dwarf/lionhead mix apparently.

And now, PICTURES!

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Black butt

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Gold butt

Tried a water dish but as soon as they started hopping around they kept landing in it and flipping it x_x Ordering a Water Buddy and hoping it works well so we don't go insane from the TIKTIKTIKTIKTIK from their traditional vaculock water bottle when we're trying to sleep.

Hay block!