Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If by pralines you mean more dick, then yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Someone draw a broken Ippo at the age of 30 if you can.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Guys, keep reading and reminiscing about the glory days manga. It's good for thread morale. We need it. The current fight couldn't be worse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Maybe if he takes enough brain damage Ippo will finally stop being a cowardly dipshit and actually do something about his relationship with Kumi. Or Miyata. Either one works, really. However, the only people who have had actual relationships in the entire manga were Aoki and Gen. That's just sad.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Maybe if he takes enough brain damage Ippo will finally stop being a cowardly dipshit and actually do something about his relationship with Kumi. Or Miyata. Either one works, really. However, the only people who have had actual relationships in the entire manga were Aoki and Gen. That's just sad.

How long have Ippo and Kumi been "dating" by this point, in the Ippo-verse? Two or three years? :v:

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Just under four years if you start from the date at the zoo (9/1993) before the Sendo rematch. From that to the the Gendo fight 2/1997 then a few more months to this fight.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

Guyver posted:

Just under four years if you start from the date at the zoo (9/1993) before the Sendo rematch. From that to the the Gendo fight 2/1997 then a few more months to this fight.

This also makes Ippo, what, a 24 year old virgin?

Has he even kissed anybody?

L.E. Cheetah fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 23, 2009

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

L.E. Cheetah posted:

This also makes Ippo, what, a 24 year old virgin?

Has he even kissed anybody?

Of course! It's all so clear now! He's a goon! :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ippo has never kissed a girl, made a friend unrelated to boxing, worked anywhere other than the family business, or been in a fight. He might not have ever even had a drink. It is no wonder he is so dedicated to boxing; he never had anything else and is unwilling to leave his comfort zone to try new things.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Ippo owns

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Almost caught up, on chap 795. Hated Ippos last fight, against the Match-Fixer rear end in a top hat. Itagaki I really like

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Serious Frolicking posted:

been in a fight

Wait, doesn't getting beaten up by bullies in high school count as being in a fight?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Wait, doesn't getting beaten up by bullies in high school count as being in a fight?

It would if he had done anything but stand around and get pummeled. Even though that also describes his current situation pretty well, at least he is trying to fight back now. I think what I mean is, gently caress Woli.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Miyata better loving kill RANDY BOY JR

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh boy it's like I can see the disappointment blossoming in real time. :3:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, I love how he soared through 600+ chapters going "YES YES" now it's "gently caress."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Can't imagine just breezing through the Gedo fight and RBJ fight. They might almost be likable fights if you could just mindlessly click through 'em, and hope for better things to come.

New Chapter, 879 is out:
http://uploading.com/files/mc47df6c/Hajime879.zip/

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 28, 2009

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Yeah I'm on 840 right now. I like the Randy Boy Jr fight, still can't get over what a loving dumb name that is though. Hated hated hated Gedo, that was just retarded

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

goodvisiontoucan posted:

I like the Randy Boy Jr fight, still can't get over what a loving dumb name that is though.

Really? I liked the beginning, but thought the end was awful. End of Randy Boy fight spoilers They gave Miyata Ippo's level of endurance and had him pull out some supersonic punch out of nowhere. It didn't make any sense.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Jedah posted:

Can't imagine just breezing through the Gedo fight and RBJ fight. They might almost be likable fights if you could just mindlessly click through 'em, and hope for better things to come.

New Chapter, 879 is out:
http://uploading.com/files/mc47df6c/Hajime879.zip/

Ugh. Why don't those uploaders use something convenient like Rapidshare or Megaupload :mad: Downloading 14MB at 35k/sec is agonizing. I wanna know what happens :argh:

879 spoilers:
gently caress Morikawa. Ippo goes in to a tight peekaboo stance, biting his thumbs like he did waaaay in the beginning. Woli springs around the ring all god-mode-like. loving ridiculous as usual. Woli easily dodges Ippo's blows, until Miguel screams some order then "GO!" Following that, Woli plants his feet and almost seems to welcome an infight. It seems like he takes up a Hitman style and shoots out flickers kind of like Mashiba, per what happened earlier. If I had to guess, maybe Miguel is thinking that Ippo is nearing the end and it is time to finish it. That or Miguel, for some reason, thinks it is safe for Woli to practice a duel with Ippo's wreckingball fists.

Ippo closes in, takes a hook to the face, tries a straight, which, of course, is dodged. Ippo tries a left straight again and is met with a pretty brutal cross-counter. Immediately after, Ippo tightens his abdominal muscles, shrugs off the pain, and lunges inward just in time for Woli to shoot out a follow-up blow. Ippo takes the hit in the face from an uncomfortable angle (was probably too shallow to do much damage), and as the chapter ends, Ippo's left arm is seen swinging a hook toward Woli's body.

Basically, we'll have to wait two weeks before finding out if Coach's retarded strategy of exchanging hits will work. Woli seems completely unaware of the body-blow coming toward him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he just somehow materialized in to air and the punch did no damage at this point.

The shark has been jumped, big time. About 200 chapters and counting :mad:

Geop fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 28, 2009

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Geop posted:

Ugh. Why don't those uploaders use something convenient like Rapidshare or Megaupload :mad: Downloading 14MB at 35k/sec is agonizing. I wanna know what happens :argh:

Let's just say, it isn't anything you weren't already expecting!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Whelp, from what I've read of others, here's the plan:

He went in to Mashiba's style, which might very well be a favorite. Second time he has shown the same style. Like Mashiba, it has the same weaknesses. UNLIKE Mashiba, though, he probably won't cheat to deal with the repercussions. His torso is wide open, so Ippo is aiming to break a few ribs with his hook. If he could do that, Woli's stamina and mobility would drop like a rock. After that, it's a matter of Ippo stripping the bones.

That is, if this were logical. Which it isn't. Mori needs to pull out a Takamura-Hawk esque bout to redeem itself at this point. I'm still reading in hopes of such a thing :argh:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress YES MIYATA

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
wait, he's still fighting that Jungle Book fucker?
where has the pacing gone to?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Boxer - Chapters - Rounds
Oda Yusuke - 4 - 3rds
Fujiwara Yoshio - 2 - 1rds
Jason Ozuma - 5 - 2rds
Kobashi Kenta - 4 - 4rds
Hayami Ryuuichi - 8 - 1rds
Mashiba Ryou - 9 - 3rds
Sendou Takeshi - 9 - 3rds
Okita Keigo - 5 - 1rds
Saeki Takuma - 4 - 4rds
Volg Zangief - 10 - 5rds
Date Eiji - 13 - 5rds
Ponchai Chuwatana - 4 - 2rds
Sendou Takeshi - 17 - 7rds
Sanada Kazuki - 12 - 5rds
Hammer Nao - 7 - 2rds
Yi Yonsu - 1 - 1rds
Shimabukuro Iwao - 13 - 7rds
Sawamura Ryuuhei - 22 - 7rds
Karasawa Takuzou - 10 - 2rds
Take Keiichi - 19 - 6rds
Jimmy Sisphar - 12 - 4rds
Malcolm Gedo - 21 - 8rds
Wally - 12* so far - Ongoing

Pacing jumped off a cliff 300 chapters ago. Though there was never really any set pace for a match.

Edit:* 21 was a typo.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 16, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It was also about 300 chapters ago that Ippo stopped developing as a boxer. Now we don't even get vague references to the completed dempsey roll.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

The Gedo fight blew and I'm apparently not looking forward to this next one. Ah I want Ippo to have the best fights. Can't wait till he and Miyata and Itagaki eventually meet. But gently caress THIS MANGA IS LONG

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

goodvisiontoucan posted:

The Gedo fight blew and I'm apparently not looking forward to this next one. Ah I want Ippo to have the best fights. Can't wait till he and Miyata and Itagaki eventually meet. But gently caress THIS MANGA IS LONG

It is. I give the writer a lot of slack. He's been at it for a very long time, maybe he's just desperate for new ideas and experimenting.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Jedah posted:

It is. I give the writer a lot of slack. He's been at it for a very long time, maybe he's just desperate for new ideas and experimenting.

It's just shocking that I'm 855 chapters in and I don't see Ippo fighting, nevermind beating, the world champion any time soon.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The manga needs another training arc. Ippo for the longest time has just gone "whelp, time to rest. Another fight? Okay." In the past, he'd train and noticeably improve core muscles or improve himself as a boxer via new Sunday punches.

I enjoyed the training arcs, personally :mad: Need more of those.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

Guyver posted:

Malcolm Gedo - 21 - 8rds
Wally - 21 so far - Ongoing

Pacing jumped off a cliff 300 chapters ago. Though there was never really any set pace for a match.

why are you counting from the begging of the first round for the gedo fight and from the beginning of the buildup for the woli figt

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Typo. Wally should be 12.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If this horseshit goes on longer than a Sendou bout..

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

If this horseshit goes on longer than a Sendou bout..

OH BUT IT WILL... :mmmhmm:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

If Ippo manages to lose this I'll kill someone. That said, I'm still only on 870. Almost caught up.

And gently caress that went really, really fast. Great story.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Okay wait a loving second he's throwing both smashes and flickers??

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Yeah dude, didn't you know, Woli is a "genius"! He can shotgun a beer while leaping from tree vines and poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Jedah posted:

Yeah dude, didn't you know, Woli is a "genius"! He can shotgun a beer while leaping from tree vines and poo poo.

I want Ippo to end his loving career hth

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

goodvisiontoucan posted:

I want Ippo to end his loving career hth

Hahaha
If he wins, he probably will, since that's what he's done to every other boxer he's fought and beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Alright, caught up on 878 chapters in like two weeks. loving hell.